New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars - Durasteel

{'233}Roger on the bogey, shoot it down if you can. Haywire, this is Chief Sergeant of FT-4, if you've got rockets, you could pop 'em at the incoming bogey, if not, take down any enemy forces you can.{Ft4}

Jack ran inside the building, rifle blazing at the Twi'Lek Sith. After firing a quick burst he dove back, to avoid the inevitable lightsaber retaliation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standrad action: charge to twi'lek sith(if there's a barricade i can jump it with improved charge). Jump check for any barricades: (1d20+8)[26]
    Blaster fire(rapid fire): (1d20+10)[25](get +1 for point blank shot, -2 for rapid fire)
    Damage(+1 dice for rapid fire, +1 for point blank shot) = (4d10+1)[27]
    move action: withdraw two squares away from him.
    swift action: battle analysis(dc 15 know tactics, if i succeed, i know who in my LOS are and aren't below half health) (1d20+12)[16]
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for the awesome Warforged Artificer Avatar.

The Engineer: a master of mechanical, uh, mastery. Robots and stuff.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by AyeGill View Post
    {'233}Roger on the bogey, shoot it down if you can. Haywire, this is Chief Sergeant of FT-4, if you've got rockets, you could pop 'em at the incoming bogey, if not, take down any enemy forces you can.{Ft4}

Jack ran inside the building, rifle blazing at the Twi'Lek Sith. After firing a quick burst he dove back, to avoid the inevitable lightsaber retaliation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standrad action: charge to twi'lek sith(if there's a barricade i can jump it with improved charge). Jump check for any barricades: [roll0]
    Blaster fire(rapid fire): [roll1](get +1 for point blank shot, -2 for rapid fire)
    Damage(+1 dice for rapid fire, +1 for point blank shot) = [roll2]
    move action: withdraw two squares away from him.
    swift action: battle analysis(dc 15 know tactics, if i succeed, i know who in my LOS are and aren't below half health) [roll3]
    {Haywire}"Haywire reporting. Negative on the rockets Chief. Moving to engage targets of opportunity. Hask, what's your location from the down shuttles exit? I'll keep that Sith off of you."{FT-4}

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, is the twi'lek sith still in the building or not?
    Nope. He's just outside.
    He was headed towards Derec last time he was mentioned, and as far as I know Derec's still in the building, so I assume so.
    Derec got kicked inside now.

Bonus HP do not stack.
    This has been bugging me all night...
    And before I posted I did some searching to see what I could find on it...
    I'm thinking each time Hask reduces someone to 0, the bonus changes...
    So instead of
    took 24 damage 142/166
    got 4 kills 186/166
    took 5 damage 181/166
    took 8 damage 173/166
    got 3 kills 206/166
    got 1 kill 217/166
    It's more along the lines of:
    took 24 damage 142/166
    got 4 kills 153/166
    took 5 damage 148/166
    took 8 damage 140/166
    got 3 kills 151/166
    got 1 kill 151/166

It probably won't send Hask's HP skyrocketing as previously thought, but it's still pretty damn useful in a large firefight.

Whirling in a circle, the Sith sends the blaster bolt arc high into the sky with its lightsaber...
    With a kick, the Twi'lek pushes Derec back into the building.

The canisters and data plaques clatter to the floor, as Marina clears a path through them. Done that, she steps into the building...
    Using the cleared space, Jack runs through the building at top speed. As he slides to a stop next to Derec, he opens fire on the Sith, quickly spraying it with blaster bolts to its chest.
    As the Twi'lek screams in pain, Jack realizes its still got some way to go before its totally finished.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

{7264}Current location's in the trench, northeast side of the building. I'll try to get up to the roof, but I don't think that's going to do anything. If I set the charges up there, sure it'll cave in the roof, but it won't bring down the whole building...

Hask nods at Meg again and jerks his head as if to say "Go!"

...Meg's setting the charges on the 4 corners, then she'll join me up on the roof and I'll lay the final 2 charges up there just to be safe. It'll make a good firing platform.{FT4}

Spoiler
    Show
    The enemies haven't gone yet IIRC, so I'm still stuck on my full-round action reload.

Also, I'm not sure Pitiless Warrior would work like that. It says I gain 5+ 1/2 lvl HP each kill, which is 11. There's nothing in the feat text about the bonus changing.

MY interpretation of "bonus HP do not stack" is that I get bonus HP from Pitiless Warrior, but that bonus HP doesn't stack with bonus HP from any other feat or source.

Also, I'll try to find another WiFi-enabled hotel tonight, but no promises.
    Last edited by Tyrael; 2011-05-04 at 10:13 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Also, I'm not sure Pitiless Warrior would work like that. It says I gain 5+ 1/2 lvl HP each kill, which is 11. There's nothing in the feat text about the bonus changing.

MY interpretation of "bonus HP do not stack" is that I get bonus HP from Pitiless Warrior, but that bonus HP doesn't stack with bonus HP from any other feat or source.
    Having consulted with other knowledgeable allies, I'm inclined to agree with you.
    I rule so!
    And besides, this means I can use this feat with my own NPCs!
    {{'601}There's no need to blow up the building! We may need those explosives at a later time...{Fireteam 4}}

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    I'm... pretty certain that's not what it's intended to do; if it meant "does not stack with other sources of bonus HP", it seems like it would say so. But if the GM wants it to work that way, so be it!

Hmm. Would this mean that Marina's source of bonus hit points stacks in the same way?
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm... pretty certain that's not what it's intended to do; if it meant "does not stack with other sources of bonus HP", it seems like it would say so. But if the GM wants it to work that way, so be it!

Hmm. Would this mean that Marina's source of bonus hit points stacks in the same way?

I don't see any sources bonuses to Marina's hitpoints...

But yes, in the case of this feat, I'd have it work this way. Any other feat may get a different ruling from me.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Generally in d20, typed bonus from the same source do not stack, but untyped bonuses do stack, but it's your rodeo cowboy

9. - Top - End - #279
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOasysMaster View Post

And besides, this means I can use this feat with my own NPCs!
    Unfortunately for you, I believe it's a Trandoshan racial feat. So unless you decide to send a Trandoshan army after us, it's effects will be limited. Unless the Trandoshan decides to kill it's own allies, which I wouldn't put the race past doing.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Generally in d20, typed bonus from the same source do not stack, but untyped bonuses do stack, but it's your rodeo cowboy
    Unfortunately for you, I believe it's a Trandoshan racial feat. So unless you decide to send a Trandoshan army after us, it's effects will be limited. Unless the Trandoshan decides to kill it's own allies, which I wouldn't put the race past doing.
    Post Actions!
    We'll decide on Feat interpretations as they come...

And as for a Trandoshan army...
    Nonononono... I send a squad of Trandoshan Sith after you!

But seriously... Actions! Or roleplaying.

11. - Top - End - #281

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can we have an updated map, I am unsure of our targets or my current LOS, and were there two Twi'lek Sith? I though we killed one.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sith Count (3):
    One male Twi'lek, engaged in battle with Ryer, Jack, and Derec...
    ...one Sith of unidentified gender and species, killed by '601, Jack and Soonto, I believe...
    ...and another Sith of unidentified gender and species, with a mask on the roof with Jonas and the three remaining traitors...

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Happy Star Wars Day!
    May the Fourth be with you all!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas calmly slips another rocket cartridge into his wrist launcher.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used Move action for right now. Saving the rest of my actions for a bit
    {{234} "Please keep the building in one piece, although setting the charges to we can throw them at that incoming ship might be a good idea. Snipers, if you could pick off the pilot that would be nice, otherwise we better be looken for cover. Looks like its a gunship. Probably here to pick up the remaining traitors."{FT4}}
    Spoiler
    Show
    Can they do that? Id be really impressed. Make it some ridiculously hard to hit target. I can just see one of them nailing the pilot through the plastisteel and it crashing into the ground.
    Last edited by Elfstone; 2011-05-04 at 06:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Can they do that? Id be really impressed. Make it some ridiculously hard to hit target. I can just see one of them nailing the pilot through the plastisteel and it crashing into the ground.
    Anything is possible.

I wouldn't bet on it though.
    Probably better to stick with rocket launcher if I was in that position...

The Sith dispassionately watches as the snipers huddling on the roof point steady their weapons on Viper as he reloads his launcher.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing their acts of aggression, Viper rips a grenade from his chest and tosses it lightly into the midst of them. He ignores the Sith.
    Ranged attack - (1d20+14)[21]
    Damage - (4d6+7)[25]

Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed. but I think Hask is out of Rockets...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Woah now, Soonto totally helped kill that first sith!

Also, he should be inside the building but only just having cleared the jump in.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The grenade rolls directly over the lift, coming to a stop at the feet of the sniper laying on his back, blood staining the white of his armor.
    A moment later all three disappear in a blast of fire.
    Holding up its hand, the Sith uses the Force to ward away any of the shrapnel and squishy bits.
    Spoiler
    Show

Woah now, Soonto totally helped kill that first sith!

Also, he should be inside the building but only just having cleared the jump in.
    Fixed!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Meg JK-7241 - Raven

Raven, her ire finally raised, speaks quickly and loudly into the comm.

{'241}"First and most importantly, what's everyone's condition? Anyone need a medic?"{FT4} she asked, and began running around the corner of the building towards the sounds of gunfire and lightsaber.

"{'241}And secondly, what's the final verdict on planting these charges, Chief? Boomer seems to want to bring the whole building down."{FT4} she asks as she rounds the corner at a running speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Running at full speed to get to the Sith and Ryer, would end up 7 squares to the right of Ryer I believe.
    Last edited by Rowler; 2011-05-04 at 11:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

{{'296}I would have to say I'm not in favor of that,{FT4}} Derec said from inside the building in question.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2011-05-04 at 11:06 PM.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Marina - 7227- Spitfire

The canisters now thoroughly scattered across the floor, Marina darts towards the sound of blaster fire and the telltale hum of a lightsaber; a lot more of the former than the latter as the others converge. The thought lends her energy—she'll be damned if she lets the others take this Sith down before she has a chance to get even a single shot in...

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think I have a straight line to charge the Sith, so I'll simply take a double move and get adjacent to him.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2011-10-26 at 05:13 AM.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Meg JK-7241 - Raven

{'241}Objection noted, Firestorm{FT4}

Raven quickly hefted the pack of explosives over her shoulder to use later, and concentrated on getting to her patients.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Hask sighs in annoyance. {7264} I asked about it earlier and got the go-ahead on that. Still, I'll hold off for now and get to the roof to deal with that gunship.{FT4}

Taking the bag of charges back from Meg, Hask shoulders his now-reloaded rocket launcher and heads inside the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Question, how do I get up to the roof? I don't see any stairs on the map.

24. - Top - End - #294

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Any chance I could raise some fighters on the comm to intercept that gunship?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Any chance I could raise some fighters on the comm to intercept that gunship?
    YES.
    You WILL be able to call in support in that matter. But not at this moment. Finish this encounter, and the information will be made available.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There isn't a flight at your beck and call...
    Sometimes they'll be literally 6 seconds away.
    Other times it'll be 10 minutes.
    Sometimes the answer will be "No."
    Other times they won't make it.
    Sometimes, they(or you) will get the target wrong.
    Just aheads up.

But in short, not at this moment.

Question, how do I get up to the roof? I don't see any stairs on the map.
    Jonas flew up with his jet-pack.
    The square and the rectangle with the rounded edges are lifts that take one from floor to floor. The square one goes all the way up. But naturally, Jonas' grenade has damaged it.
    I've placed Hask right next on top of it.
    To get to the roof of the building, he'll have to take the lift to the 3rd floor, where the shuttle hit and the snipers were initially positioned, and climb up to the roof.

Moving through the doors of the first floor, Meg and Marina finds herself in a position to flank the Sith...
    Jauzhmynn follows Hask into the building, and stoops next to Keda. She takes the fallen Joker's ID tag, and begins to strip her of weapons and ammo pack.

Seeing the Jokers on all sides, the Twi'lek grins, dropping its lightsaber and holding up its hands.
    "How about that offer of surrender?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

{'233}Hold the charges for now, focus any explosive power you may have on the gunship. If noone has any rockets, take cover!{Ft4}

He turned to face the surrendering Sith.

"Get his lightsabers," he said to Derec "Destroy them. Darth Squidhair, your hands." He took out a roll of mesh tape, and wrapped the Sith's hands tightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    If i don't actually intend to let him live, do i need to roll deception?
    To clarify, i'm thinking it's easier to restrain him than to kill him. Granted, he could Use The Force on us, but then we'll just coup de grace him with a burst fire straight to the face.
    Last edited by AyeGill; 2011-05-05 at 01:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Sith's lightning is incredibly painful...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (8d6)[24] Lightning Damage to Jack

...laughing madly, the Twi'lek leaps above the Chief's sparking head and begins to run toward the three female Jokers.
    Leveling her blaster, Jauzhmynn take aim, sinking yet another blaster bolt into the Sith's chest, breaking his stride.

Above on the roof, Jonas is amazed.
    It's a heavily armored and rearmed, Clone Wars-era LAAT/i gunship...
    With black detailing and tinted, opaque transparisteel viewports, Jonas cannot see the pilots or the gunners, though the weapons of the craft are solidly trained upon him.
    Quickly, the gunship circles the rooftop, before hovering about a foot of the flat surface of the roof.
    The doors don't open as they should-sliding up and away...
    ...instead these doors drop down and out, forming a sort of ramp to access...
    The two squads of troopers stowed away within the LAAT/i!
    It's a disconcerting feeling for Jonas, twenty-four blaster barrels of various size and definite lethality pointed at him.
    In fact, it's so disconcerting, he almost doesn't notice that these troopers have used a great deal of customization in their armor, adding black detailing, and cloaks in the Clone Wars-era style to their armor...
    The masked Sith, turning its back to Jonas strides surely onboard, where the various troopers make room quickly. Nodding, the doors begin to pull up even as the gunship pulls away from the building...

Clutching its chest, the Twi'lek Sith shakes its head, making its lekku swing back and forth...
    "We don't even use the 'Darth' anymore..."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Would I be wrong in assuming that we're still having the same turn order, but Darth Squihair readied an action to FL the Chief?

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh i'm sorry, did i use the wrong terminology? I didn't mean to do that. Please, accept my apology. Oh, it's a bull**** made up title?! Well allow me to retort. What do you think i look like under all this armor?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, i am, in fact, quoting Pulp Fiction. You have my full permission to hit be in the face for that. I regret nothing.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground

THE FOLLOWING POST ASSUMES IT IS A NEW ROUND

Soonto JK-7311 - Lion

Moving swiftly but carefully Lion sees the last of the battle and sprints out to the Sith. His incredible speed reveals his Cathar reflexes as he turns to face the Sith.

"We have no use for the Darth either."

And with that, he opens up a devastating barrage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action - Move, speed is 8.

Standard action, Attack
    Sith is Prime target, +2 to hit, +1 die.
    Init verse Sith Init (1d20+21)[37]
    If greater than Siths, sith is flatfooted
    Rapid shot -2 to hit, +1 die

attack - (1d20+18)[28]
    [roll=damage]512+6[/roll]
    If damage greater than siths threshold +1 die damage
    extra - (1d12)[12]

As he fires Soonto speaks quietly into his comm
    {{311} "Raven, I could use some patches, caught the ugly end of a few grenades"{FT4}}