New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Hello And Welcome New Members Thread 9

Hello boys and girls,

I have recently been introduced to both this comic and d&d (so new i haven't even finished constructing my first character yet) and so come seeking knowledge, wisdom and experiance from this with more

2. - Top - End - #902
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whoo! Hello, Playground! It's been a while. (...Almost exactly a year, looks like. Huh.)

Not really sure why I stopped coming around, but let me tell you, it feels good to be back.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

3. - Top - End - #903
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Hey, Deodarthethird! Welcome to the Playground D&D is lots of fun; hope you enjoy it!

Hi, Kd7sov! Glad you decided to come back
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Halfling in the Playground

Heya, folks! I've heard only wonderful things about the community o'er here, and I figured I'd come around and check it out! I can't wait to get into the lively PbP scene I see 'round here.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. I've never played DnD (I'd love to try it if I could find people to play with and, more significantly, the time). That hasn't stopped me loving OotS, though.

I've been reading it for... well, quite a long time (I think when I started reading it from the start, it was somewhere in Don't Split the Party, but I'm not certain). I'd been reading online comics such as DM of the Rings and Darths and Droids, and I think I discovered OotS through TVTropes.

I don't know how much I'll be posting, but I've been reading these forums for a while (mostly the one dedicated to OotS).

So, yeah, hello and all that.

6. - Top - End - #906

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    This is also my favorite forum ever with the friendliest atmosphere. Coincidence? I doubt it
    This is the reason I joined. I'm new and I really love the friendly atmosphere.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Same for me. This is a really neat, mature forum, and plus, I'll be blunt, you've got the largest Legend system discussion on the net. Those two add up to good things in my book.

So yeah, hi y'all.

8. - Top - End - #908

Welcome my Pretty & Petite Pixies.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Also,

*HUGGLE*
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

9. - Top - End - #909

Hail fellow adventurers,
    I am the Ancient Mage, inhabitant of the cold, dark lands of the northern Flanaess. I look forward to discussing our good game of Dungeons & Dragons with the rest of my fellows, and participating in the "Playground."

May your spells be ever mighty,

-The Ancient Mage

10. - Top - End - #910

Hi, Ancient Mage! Welcome to the Playground Hope you like it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Oindoth View Post
    I can't wait to get into the lively PbP scene I see 'round here.
    Make sure you check out the Guide to Play by Post Games; it's a really good overview of what you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by fergo View Post
    I've never played DnD (I'd love to try it if I could find people to play with and, more significantly, the time).
    You might want to look into pbp, then, as it's something you can do in just a few minutes a day. See the above linked guide (Also, if you end up deciding to try D&D 3.5 edition (the one the comic uses) feel free to PM me if you've got any questions -- I love helping new players out (Also, if you have no idea what D&D 3.5 is, I'm happy to explain what all's out there ))
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello Everyone : D

This is really my first "forum" that I have ever really joined.

But, I've been a-creepin' Giant in the Playground for years.
    I originally found it, when my father introduced me to the Order of the Stick.
    But, I've also been around because there is so much useful information for D&D 3.5 from here, that I ended up feeling like I had to join. : )

I've read the Forum rules, and wow, that's serious business amount of typing went into creating that lol.

Anyways, I am very much a "Forum Noob." I have no real understand of why or how things are done. For example, what is a signature, and why is it there? Or, How do you create a "Spoiler" link? I'm sure there is a help section which I hope to stumble into : D

To conclude my brief summary, I've told you about things I lack, but now what I have. I'm a huge STEAM player, PS3 as well. I prefer computers for... mods and other "fully internet priced" things, but my close friends prefer ps3 so, whatev's I enjoy it lol. role playing wise, I've about 5 to 6 years of experience with D&D 3.5. Some slight with rune quest, cyberpunk 2020, and and a few others with which I can't even remember the names of.

I am currently a student trying to get my Major in Account, specifically Management accounting vs. financial accounting (but to be honest, real life doesn't really matter on here : D)

So, thanks for taking the time to read this, and not just being all "tl/dl"

-Snuggs

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

Welcome to the forum, Snuggs!

here is a list of useful codes you can use in your posts. It should deal with spoilers, formatting and the like.

As for signatures...well, they appear in all the posts you make, so you can use them to have links to useful things quickly on display for people (mine, for instance, has a link to my pbp registry entry, for potential GMs of mine, then a link to the guide to pbp that people may find useful, and then another link to some avatars made that are up to adoption, in case someone wants them). Also, you can use it to share quotes or pictures that you really like. It's another way to be recognized, bascally.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

13. - Top - End - #913

So h'lo, you lot!

I'm honestly just here out of boredom, and an immense love of DnD.

Plus, order of the stick just recently got incredibly good.

In essence, may ye all be drenched in the fires of the archfiend, and...thanks for putting this up.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Ook!

Hi there, everyone! Glad to meet you all. I look forward to hanging out an maybe finding some interesting games to participate in!
    Experimental monkey from Krypton. It's a living.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Banned

Default Re: Ook!

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Hi, been lurking in the forums and reading all the great threads which coincide with my geek sensibilities. Been surfing around for forums for that need, and glad to say GitP forum is now 1 of them.

I would have kept lurking until I read all the most interesting topics which I felt I must read... but I just read a thread which applies to my webcomics so I felt I had to register and ask the posters in that particular thread to read my webcomics and give me their feedback.

I just want to clarify that I'm not just spamming my webcomic here and leaving. It's just I'm still lurking until I've read the big load of great threads that I've marked for reading.

Incidentally if you want to skim my webcomics it's here. There's a nice archive for new readers, but they haven't been updated for quite a while because I'm going to move to a different host, so I figured I might as well take my time and work on a big buffer before restarting my comics schedule in earnest.

FIGHT
    FIGHT 2
    FIGHT Cast

17. - Top - End - #917
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello, I'm a general geek and a tabletop gamer from way back, although not in any campaigns at the moment. Too busy! I'm new to this forum, but looking forward to becoming . . . old to it? Well, you know what I mean. :)

18. - Top - End - #918
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey New here Follwed a link on Fizzmeisters Moemon Video Hope we can all get along!!

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello, MLai, LadyM and Eureka7! Welcome to the forum!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

20. - Top - End - #920
    Pixie in the Playground

Thank you, Strawberries! :D

21. - Top - End - #921
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hello, I have just decided to sign up here. I found the Oots comic in September while reading WSWG. Reading through the first bit, I got addicted and caught up with the current page in a couple of days.

Since then I have been creeping the forum and listening to what people have been saying on the forum. Several times I had thought about joining yet I never really felt the need to.

Then today I had to cancel one of my favorite games due to a work conflict so I decided to start looking for more places to play 4.0/pathfinder games. Looking at the forum I put 2 and 2 together and decided to sign up so that I could look for games and comment about the new Comics. Also, thank you Rich Burlew for an amazing comic!

22. - Top - End - #922
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Hi! I love the comic! Saw a reference to the Order on 'Arelith', a Neverwinter Nights server, and within a week I had read up to the current. I'm slowly collecting the books, and am really looking forward to the continuing arcs.

As an offering, I give you my take on OOTS as real people:

Pencil, but I'm fairly happy with it

23. - Top - End - #923
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hello! I've been a long time lurker who's finally decided to make an account. I've loved oots for a while, ever since a friend of mine introduced it. at the time, V was still doing hir thing on the island. so if anyone cares to date that, that's how long i've been around. I DM a ragtag group of misfits. while i myself do enjoy playing, i'm about the only one qualifed to dm, sticking me with the job most of the time. not to say i don't enjoy making challenges, it would just be nice to overcome them from time to time. I hope to be active enough on here, but i will admit i have a tendency to forget my passwords. I recently fell in love with pathfinder, but 3.5 is what i was raised on (and it's not like they are tooooooo different).

24. - Top - End - #924
    Firbolg in the Playground

'Sup, Playground. I've been around for a bit but haven't been out of the LGBTA+ thread for a while. Thought I might check out the big scary outside world of the Friendly Banter subforum and meet some new e-people.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    'Sup, Playground. I've been around for a bit but haven't been out of the LGBTA+ thread for a while. Thought I might check out the big scary outside world of the Friendly Banter subforum and meet some new e-people.
    Hiya darling.

I'm not exactly new, as I am an LGBTAitP brother.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

26. - Top - End - #926
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Um, hi everyone. I'm new here but I hope to be a member of the GiantITP forums for a while.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaulguard View Post
    Wow, that's amazing! I'm sure we can find a place for talent like that in these here forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Seriously. Every time someone posts a thread like this, the Giant kills a kitten. Please stop before he gets to Mr. Scruffy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Recent studies have suggested that reading daily mail reduces the sodium content in your blood. As such, many leading doctors suggest taking it with a grain of salt.

28. - Top - End - #928

Hello, Celestin, Kaulguard, Turtleroll, and WizardSoul! Welcome to the Playground

Celestin, be sure to check out the Guide to Play-by-Post Games -- it's a good overview of everything you need to know about playing on here.

Kaulguard, if you haven't seen it already, you should probably check out the Arts and Crafts subforum!

And noparlpf, I know your name despite rarely reading the LGBTA+ thread, so you're apparently not as much of a hermit as you think
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Troll in the Playground

Hey playground!

Long time reader (bout 4 years, when did roy die?) and long time lurker (probably 2 years) and finally decided to sign up because, lets face it, the comic has been on a roll for a long time and only seems to be getting better. That and the forum is one of the best I've seen in a long time.

The Giant, Terry Pratchett and Echiro Oda are my 3 favourite authors (followed closely by Sandy Mitchell, Robert Rankin and recently Joe Abercrombie).

Dont play D&D but thats mainly cause I live in the worst town in Scotland (true fact) where no one plays, but have some experiance playing tabletop games (mainly 40k)

Looking forward to actually contributing to the community with my own sarcastic and strange sense of humour.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi everyone! I've been around for awhile and finally got myself to register!
    I like webcomics especially OotS
    hyip monitor is an expert investment advisor and can help with investment services.