New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VII: The Grand Galloping Thread

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Technically, she ruined muffins.

... unless they were meant to be cupcakes. That's one heck of a sleep deprivation.
    If Pinky Pie is to be believed, she managed to ruin all of Baked Goods in a single go.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    They ruined it for me.

Now I've switched to Muffins. Derpy Hooves Industry was pleased.
    Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I learned that if when I need to deal with Grif in preparation for the final revolution, the ideal assassin is a doll holding cupcakes.

Faithfully yours,
    Darthbobcat, lately of the vaporization ward at St. Clydesdale's hospital.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Technically, she ruined muffins.

... unless they were meant to be cupcakes. That's one heck of a sleep deprivation.
    Were they muffins? I thought it was supposed to be cupcakes. I thought the lemons in the cupcake song were supposed to be a reference to AJ's work, probably why I thought they were cupcakes. Either way!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I realized that so far in every art form involving cute and innocent creatures which I have come to enjoy, there also exists a terrifyingly gruesome fanfic involving acts that would unnerve Eli Roth.

What have I done to deserve this?

Your faithful droid,
    DD
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I realized that so far in every art form involving cute and innocent creatures which I have come to enjoy, there also exists a terrifyingly gruesome fanfic involving acts that would unnerve Eli Roth.

What have I done to deserve this?

Your faithful droid,
    DD
    Dear DD,
    Sadly, ponies have free will, and thus have the option to write depraved fanfics. Don't worry, though, as this puts them on my naughty list, so they get sticks and potatoes on Decemberween instead of dirt bikes, cupcakes and official Luna action figures (with light up horn).

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ettin in the Playground

Fair Feather Friend 5, take 2. Since I'm still a ways off from finishing things, (because of numerous rewrites), this one isn't as spoilertastic as the last one. I'm just separating chapter 5 from chapter 6, and that's that. I may still wait to post submit it anywhere until I also have chapter 6, but frankly I'm kinda physically and emotionally exhausted at the moment, and the idea of continuing to write and rewrite it at this point makes me sad inside. I want to blow past chapter 5 and make a fresh start with 6. This is meant for critiquing, so no, it isn't exclusive this time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FE/edit?hl=en#
    This will be read and critiqued tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Because it's late as hay and I still want to get some more Misted Stage in before succumbing to that grim specter of fluffy pillowness.

Y'know, I've never really had movies influence my nightmares. The only time was when I was 10 or so and saw Jurassic Park, and had a dream that velociraptors, which could shape shift into humans, were replacing me and my family.
    Allow me to set the scene: wee little Brit-Raz, lying all snuggly in his bunk bed. It's been a long day, and he's tired, and so he shuts his eyes and lies back on his pillow.

And then he starts hearing it.

Mummy... mummy... are you my mummy? And he sees the little boy in the gas-mask, reaching out to touch him-

Wee little Brit-Raz decides that he's going to spend the rest of the night alternating between reading a book and staring into the dark corners of his room. He does so, because, no matter how tired he gets, the alternative is worse.

Dear DD,
    Sadly, ponies have free will, and thus have the option to write depraved fanfics. Don't worry, though, as this puts them on my naughty list, so they get sticks and potatoes on Decemberween instead of dirt bikes, cupcakes and official Luna action figures (with light up horn).

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    Dear Princess Celestia,

Do the official Luna action figures have a special BANISHED TO THE MOON feature?

Your flippant student, Raz_Fox.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-14 at 11:20 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I learned that if when I need to deal with Grif in preparation for the final revolution, the ideal assassin is a doll holding cupcakes.

Faithfully yours,
    Darthbobcat, lately of the vaporization ward at St. Clydesdale's hospital.
    Spoiler
    Show

Isaac Pie, save me! DISMEMBER THAT DOLL!

(Yes, I have been playing Dead Space 2).

Mummy... mummy... are you my mummy? And he sees the little boy in the gas-mask, reaching out to touch him-

Wee little Brit-Raz decides that he's going to spend the rest of the night alternating between reading a book and staring into the dark corners of his room. He does so, because, no matter how tired he gets, the alternative is worse.
    Good lord, the one Doctor Who episode I saw, and you just reminded me of it. God that gas-mask wearing kid is creepy.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-14 at 11:26 PM.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear DD,

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    Dear Princess Celestia,

I don't want cupcakes, though an official Luna action figure with realistic banishment action would be great.

Faithfully yours,
    Future pony Kyouhen

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Dear DD,

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    Yay! Action figures and decidedly un-gruesome baked goods for everypony!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

Realistic banishment action would be the best marketing gimmick ever. Think about it: Every time you use it, you'd have to buy a new one or wait a thousand years.

RECORD PROFITS
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Realistic banishment action would be the best marketing gimmick ever. Think about it: Every time you use it, you'd have to buy a new one or wait a thousand years.

RECORD PROFITS
    "In other news, massive floods are being reported around the globe. Experts are at a loss to explain this phenomenon, though some scientists speculate that a sudden increase in the moon's mass could have similar results. When asked, they were unable to come up for any reason the moon's mass would increase so drastically."

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Introbulus lately?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

On an unrelated note, has anyone seen Introbulus lately?
    He is away at a friend's wedding. He won't be back for another couple of days if I remember correctly.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    He is away at a friend's wedding. He won't be back for another couple of days if I remember correctly.
    Oh good. Nothing to worry about then.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Banned

Also, I now propose that all "Celestia really is a nice lady" theories be called Velvet Hoof.
    Hurr Hurr Hurr.
    Sorry mate, but velvet hoof makes me think of things that are only tangentially related to what you want me to think.
    "Nice Lady". Hurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    No, you'd still be expected to apply extreme care and tailor the response even with risk to yourself, as in this case borders of self defense are considerably narrower.
    not where I live. Self defense requires knowledge of;
    - acceptable force
    - avenue of escape
    - plausible deniability

Assuming Celestia couldn't get away from Our Lady of the Moon, and responded in kind, she would he fine. As would Bobcat.

Also, consider that in a world where there is an escape prophet, Celestia probably would have autofailed at anything other than banishment. Universal, cosmic inertia.

Had Celestia had any diplomatic talent at all, like, you know, a ruler, she would have worded it along the lines: You want a spotlight? Sure. You can't quite raise the sun? Well, how about this, I'll lend you a bit of a hoof while we work your exercise program so you can do it all on your own, and show Equestria what you can do! Not like my animated gif from earlier today.
    she didn't want limelight, she wanted appreciation for her work. If no one likes your job as janitor, becoming a carpenter won't make people like your janitorial work. Letting the toilets overflow with foeter and decay might, though. Especially when you decide to do the right thing once the situation turns grim.

Good night, Irbis. *Hopefully we can disagree without being disagreeable. *

So, on to less controversial topics. *

Fair Feather Friend 5, take 2. *Since I'm still a ways off from finishing things, (because of numerous rewrites), this one isn't as spoilertastic as the last one. *I'm just separating chapter 5 from chapter 6, and that's that. *I may still wait to post submit it anywhere until I also have chapter 6, but frankly I'm kinda physically and emotionally exhausted at the moment, and the idea of continuing to write and rewrite it at this point makes me sad inside. *I want to blow past chapter 5 and make a fresh start with 6. *This is meant for critiquing, so no, it isn't exclusive this time. *

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...FE/edit?hl=en#
    Quoted for easy finding later

We're chaotic enchanters
    Oh how we love to canters
    The best thing about us is the way that we banters

So the fandom can spread
    We'll bump every thread
    And we'll keep this up until we go to bed

Sooooooo
    Welcome!
    *bro fist hoof wing paw EVERYTHING*

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I don't know if this got noticed at the time, amidst the Iron/Velvet Hoof controversy, but I like the idea. *Moreso as it gives me motivation to write some of the silly things that have been floating around in my head...curse you poniiiies!
    Eeeyup. Me, Xanatos, I think Grif, and a couple other ponies are working on it. Trixie may even include it in her OP, provided we can get some folks to do her MeMe first. I'm trying, but it's haaaard.

Dear DD,
    Sadly, ponies have free will, and thus have the option to write depraved fanfics. *Don't worry, though, as this puts them on my naughty list, so they get sticks and potatoes on Decemberween instead of dirt bikes, cupcakes and official Luna action figures (with light up horn). *

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    light up horn
    LIGHT UP HORN
    Hurr.

Spoiler
    Show

Isaac Pie, save me! DISMEMBER THAT DOLL!

(Yes, I have been playing Dead Space 2).
    Oh man, that foam finger is so hard to get. Doesn't help that whenever I get a chance to play, it's 3am. I'm dog tired, and I get jumpy. It's funny; zealot is "harder" but the thought that if I die, I start from my last save really puts the fear of the game back into you.

Luckily, I can just go rock novice on newgame+ to reinvigorate my confidence. Har.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Realistic banishment action would be the best marketing gimmick ever. Think about it: Every time you use it, you'd have to buy a new one or wait a thousand years.*

RECORD PROFITS
    Hahaha! That got a chuckle out of me, thanks

Dear Princess Luna,

I don't have anything special to ask you or tell you about. I just thought you may like to have an open ear. I know you're lonely, possibly even more so now that Fire Slicer and Vampire Wolfer were eaten by the god of all bears.

So if there is anything you would like to talk about, I'm hear.

Ever yours,
    S

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

... I have now seen Fluttershy's character perfectly encapsulated into 22 seconds.

Right here.

Also, Siuis, STOP HURR HURRING AT MY INNOCENT STATEMENTS.

That came out with much more rage than I meant. Sorry.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-15 at 01:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*kicks down the door to thread*

HEY GUYS

I HAVE WATCHED THE FINALE.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post

HEY GUYS

*Puts door to the thread back up*

You're paying for that.

19. - Top - End - #889

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    *Puts door to the thread back up*

You're paying for that.
    Oh... I'm sorry.

I'll just... leave. I'll send you all check later.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Oh... I'm sorry.

I'll just... leave. I'll send you all check later.
    Dear Princess Celestia
    Today I learned that there is a time and a place for overexcited gestures of happiness. Kyuubi's door is not one of those places.

Also, congrats on your pony drought being over. Welcome to discussion of Octavia, Soarin and Spitfire!

21. - Top - End - #891

...who's Octavia?

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh man, that foam finger is so hard to get. Doesn't help that whenever I get a chance to play, it's 3am. I'm dog tired, and I get jumpy. It's funny; zealot is "harder" but the thought that if I die, I start from my last save really puts the fear of the game back into you.

Luckily, I can just go rock novice on newgame+ to reinvigorate my confidence. Har.
    S
    I have to stop every few hours to get my friendship fix. Playing on survivalist is already a test of my machismo. (Damn those fast, charging necromorphs. And my constant lack of ammo.)

Gonna have to read up on how to get the foam finger later. I didn't even know it was an actual weapon till I read the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat
    Dear DD,

Your loving teacher
    Princess Celestia
    Hurr hurr, I just saw the Luna action figures. /sign petition to Hasbro.

@kpenguin

Isn't Pyschoshy the most adorable pony ever?
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: I just realised my Pony Effect fanfic has now reached a total of 10,000 words. This is the longest I written yet.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-15 at 01:48 AM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Troll in the Playground

...who's Octavia?
    The grey cellist. Look at Equestria Daily. Last I checked, there were at least two fics about her on the front page.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Banned

... I have now seen Fluttershy's character perfectly encapsulated into 22 seconds.

Right here.

Also, Siuis, STOP HURR HURRING AT MY INNOCENT STATEMENTS.

That came out with much more rage than I meant. Sorry.
    no, your rage is justified. I just... I dunno, can't help it. The 'hurr'ing makes me feel more in tune with bat-s"|¥CrazyintheLocoGuyThanqol, and the reason for 'hurr'ing gives me a sense of kinship with Lix Lorn and Irbis (and Trixie, oddly enough, though I don't want her being tarnished via my misconstruing words), so odds of it going away are minimal. I'll try to avoid your statements though.

Especially since we both know, verytime you say velvet hoof from now on, someone somewhere is chuckling.
    And none of the words I thought of to replace velvet are any better D:)

HEY GUYS

woo! This calls for a caught-up-to-the-party party!

Dear Princess Celestia
    Today I learned that there is a time and a place for overexcited gestures of happiness. Kyuubi's door is not one of those places.

Also, congrats on your pony drought being over. Welcome to discussion of Octavia, Soarin and Spitfire!
    Who's oc--

...who's Octavia?
    Er, yeah. This.

I have to stop every few hours to get my friendship fix. Playing on survivalist is already a test of my machismo. (Damn those fast, charging necromorphs. And my constant lack of ammo.)

Gonna have to read up on how to get the foam finger later. I didn't even know it was an actual weapon till I read the comments.
    foam finger is your reward fo beating Hardcore Mode.
    Hardcore mode is your reward for beating a different mode.
    Hardcore gives you 3 saves, ever, and no checkpoints. If you die, you go ALL THE WAY BACK TO YOUR LAST SAVE (OR VERY BEGINNING WITH NO SAVE).

Keep the P.Cutter horizontal, don't panic, and invest in stasis. Air and TK, are wastes of nodes. Never buy ammo, buy nodes. If you need ammo, find a trigger point, stasis someone, punch/stomp a spear off 'em, and use those on everyone else.
    Also, the punishment for poppin out of a wall/vent/etc. Is stasis everything, then punch the bejeezus out of EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Put the boots to enough zombie things and they start avoiding melée range.

wow. Didn't know I was so passionate about the game. Oh well, not the thread for it.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Colossus in the Playground

FFFp5:

Spoiler
    Show

First off, hilarious Very good stuff. Clear, crisp and easy to follow.

Pinkie's justification for party: The best ever. "In Soviet Amishdelphia, letter Y gets U!"

I think the Twilight/Spike opening scene, before Dash walks in, might have gone on a little too long. You've got a few things happening there that aren't all necessary and it throws the pacing off a bit. I think you could get the focus a lot tighter if you picked one joke for that scene, and I think the "Employee of the Month" board is a highlight.

Nitpicks:

>Big Macintosh nodded laconically and shifted his piece of what to the other side of his mouth. "Understandable. Still a handsome critter."

Doesn't scan right for me. "Understandable" is a super big word for Mac, nor does "Critter" sound right in his drawl.

Careful with overusing the "Sand Worms" thing.

>Baron Awesome gave the big orange thing stinkeye.

Missed a "The".

> "It was a categorical imperative."

This gets you a high five

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ettin in the Playground

@The dreams discussion:
    Is it a problem that as a child most of my dreams were of world conquest?
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Um, do you know the significance of cupcakes in this fandom? It doesn't have a pretty reputation at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm such a terrible person to be amused by the story.

Hurr Hurr Hurr.
    Sorry mate, but velvet hoof makes me think of things that are only tangentially related to what you want me to think.
    Did you also read Buck Godot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

...who's Octavia?
    Who's oc--

Er, yeah. This.
    ...there were only, like, 15 pictures of her in this thread alone
    (along with someone protesting, yet never providing alternative, for her mark) :P

I'm disappointed, she is now st least as popular as any background pony save for Ditzy, oh, well, at least you guys haven't asked who Spitfire is
    Above Us Only Sky

29. - Top - End - #899
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Did you also read Buck Godot?
    So that's where that naughty thought in the back of my head was coming from...

Meanwhile, I got a chance to try some muffins when on a trip to Europe. Baked goods are so good. I have to learn to make those.

Coming in late on the name ponification topic: "God is gracious" + "Barrelmaker's son". The first one I choose to interpret as "sunny weather".

Sunshine Barrel it is. I don't care it's far, far too sweet for a real me, it'd fit a pony-me just fine.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Banned

Wherein we discuss friendly feathery fairness

Spoiler
    Show
    * * * * ********Oh. *Right. *Rainbow Dash did have a healthy looking example of Falco berigora*with her, didn't she? *That warranted explanation. *Twilight trotted over. *"Wow, I've never been this close to one before. * He has such beautiful plumage!"

the size of the text changes at falco berigora, and stays that way. Just something I caught.

Twilight, a little hesitantly, reached in for her own pet The Baron flinched from her touch, took off and landed on a nearby bookshelf. *The purple unicorn frowned. *"He's a little skittish."

Needs a period between 'pet' and 'The Baron'.

aaaaand... That's it. Other than my own feelings on it, which are "I understand what you've been saying about this being the last chapter and all".
    I'm not seeing the problem which must be overcome, but ithat doesn't bother me since an utterly formulaic story tends to... Well, suck.

Dreams. We are talking about dreams now? Stellar.
    I have a few categories of dream that I almost always adhere to.
    There is the existing in a house with strange architecture. There always tends to be a structure in the middle, either a room or stairwell, Which can only be accessed from a certain part of the house. That's actually pretty darn symbolic now that I think about it...

There is the 'zombie dream' where there are zombies. My escape from them tends to be drastically different each time. My favorite was using a hang glider.

Nightmares from beyond the veil. It's a nightmare, I can feel it deep within. That sense of foreboding, dread, evil. Sometimes it's obvious (cannibals scratching at the door with cleaners) other times, it's not even menacing (glorious spring day in a meadow with friends). Usually, there's something off about reality that only I can perceive. Fun.

Then there's a chat with my ancestors. Meeting someone, going "hey, you died!" and then moving on with my life. Those are fun. Learn a lot of weird stuff that way.

And Irbis, I haven't seen any pictures of Octavia yet. Not in the last... What, five pages? Guess I will have to look. Harder.