New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

biggrin Burning Wheel Gold

Burning Wheel Gold was announced today.

I'm all excited, they'll have changed fight positioning, range and cover, sorcery stuff. Hopefully all the confusing bits.

For the demo of the new book they've put up a PDF of the first 70ish pages. That's the base system without any of the subsystems (Duel of Wits, Range and Cover, Sorcery, etc). I wasn't expecting that. So if you want to check it out it's a download in the announcement I linked at the top.

Hope I can grab one of the preorders.
    Last edited by Totally Guy; 2011-06-13 at 04:12 PM.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Burning Wheel Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    Hope I can grab one of the preorders.
    Me too.

Though, weirder still, I'm kinda confused about Luke Crane loving Pendragon so much. The way he described it, it seems like it's everything he was trying to get away from by making Burning Wheel.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

I was lucky that I won a copy of Pendragon last year. So I've been looking at. Not got to the mechanics yet but it was definitely written with love.
    Mannerism RPG An RPG in which your descriptions resolve your actions and sculpts your growth.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Guy View Post
    I was lucky that I won a copy of Pendragon last year. So I've been looking at. Not got to the mechanics yet but it was definitely written with love.
    This is a big part of it.

Also, the Pendragon mechanics are, like Burning Wheel's stuff, directly geared towards making a story that revolves around characters' desires and traits. That's really what he admires, I think.

Lemme go hunting, though. There's a post where he reviews Pendragon...

EDIT: Here it is!
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2011-06-14 at 05:31 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.