New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LaLa's Laughably Silly Random Banter Thread - RB #158

"I only had to watch two minutes of a Meendarian mugging someone before I realized that my prejudice against Meendarians was right."

Also, HAHAHAHA
    The following errors occurred with your search:

1. This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between searches. Please try again in 306 seconds.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Likewise. Including a fair few recommended/important texts for various periods of English literature (argh. Piers Plowman. Double argh. Chaucer's Boece (his translation and adaptation of Boethius) and his Treatise on the Astrolabe, and a fair portion of Malory's Morte.
    All big, and in the case of Piers and Chaucer founded heavily upon medieval Christian allegories or neo-Classical Romano-Christian beliefs. Or medieval astronomy! The notes for that are longer than the treatise itself.
    I am lucky though in that the majority of my Coveted Works are fiction of some sort. Although the language does mean it's not exactly breezing through them.
    I remember when I used to read four or five books a day.
    Good times.
    And one day, when I'm a multi-multi-multi-millionaire, all my rooms (except the kitchen and bathroom) will be libraries.
    Ah yes, the notes that outdo the book. I do love those if it's something that I really want to study. One commentary I have makes the book about three times thicker than it should be, and I do love it so.

The Russian isn't really to my taste, but that Byzantine chant sounds lovely. Especially when the plainsong (I know it's not plainsong, but you know what I mean) swells.
    I might give the Russian another shot when I've listened to more Byzantine given it's a fusion though.
    If you do look more into the Byzantine stuff, I particularly recommend stuff done by the Serbians. In my experience they've done best in the area of Byzantine liturgical music. Overall, I must say that I am a huge fan of medieval musical styles. It's a terrible shame people rarely pay attention to the art of that era.

I can imagine!
    I would very much like to never have to read and comprehend all of that. Oh hang on a second, I do remember this one silly bit of canon law back from the fifteenth-century (and around there) where you could be tried as an ecclesiastic if you could read the psalm they gave you.
    So many people used it as an out because the ecclesiastic courts were much more lenient than the secular ones.
    Hooray medieval history.
    This is why I can't function as an 'ordinary' person. I genuinely don't know how or where I learned most of this stuff. And each little fact forces important things out of my head.
    Ahhh, the fifteenth century, when canon law was sane, regionally based, and largely derived from ecumenical councils.

Yup!
    I don't know, Diogenes was a nutcase, but if you've ever read Small Gods, there's already a Diogenes in it - Didacytlos! They both lived in a barrel and carried a lantern, see.
    And well, you know how Socrates was perfectly at ease standing around, then striking up a conversation with a stranger in a perfectly affable way (like Carrot) and then somehow manages to turn their position against them (like Carrot) all the while asking simple, 'easy to answer' questions that reminds me of Carrot.
    Hmmm, I can see Carrot being more like Socrates. It just seems that he goes a bit into Diogenes when he takes logic so far that it just begins breaking other people. Also, where is Diacytlos? I must find this Pratchett book that has one of my favorite philosophers in it.

Argh. Good luck with that mate. Still, given your philosophical love of philosophy you'll enjoy it. And on a completely different topic, have you read or heard of C. S. Lewis' The Four Loves, it sounds like something you may enjoy reading.
    I have heard of it, and probably will read it one day since I love the works of C.S. Lewis. As of right now I'm reading through The Problem of Pain (having finished Narnia, Mere Christianity, and The Screwtape Letters).

And my brain's snapped in twain. I think I understand it though.
    That's a sign that you're learning philosophy properly.

It is very good. I've read a bit of it and it really carries over the tone and feel of the piece. [Curly has been called away from the computer, she will resume typing when she returns.

. . .

So, three hours later, and I'm back. Great chat with friends, mentioned you actually Dragonprime.] A very good translation, I'd recommend it, and his translation of Pearl if you can get it.
    Hooray! I was mentioned! Anyways, when I get the time (no doubt a good thousand years after my death given how many books I already want to read) I will go and purchase that translation.

One language is about as worthwhile as another, and Ukrainian is an interesting language.
    Well, the Ukrainian is for the express purpose of being bi-ritual (I'll explain it in a PM), which is a rather distant post-ordination event that may or may not happen.

So I was fairly close just working off my (extremely tiny) knowledge of Polish pronunciation and the spelling then.
    Yep, pretty close. It's a bit easier when I say it out loud. That last name has been played for laughs many times though. When I was still in high school there would be an eruption of laughter the moment a teacher paused with a look of confusion as they went through attendance. We all knew what was coming.

Same question as above.
    Marlowe.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Worira View Post
    "I only had to watch two minutes of a Meendarian mugging someone before I realized that my prejudice against Meendarians was right."
    You're reference is lost on me.

Also, HAHAHAHA
    WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!? My ears are bleeding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I survived past the middle. Then I got bored and dug up a song that little brother showed me. I've declared that where Friday is just an autotuned no-brainer, this is an autotuned anti-brainer, and should be handled as radioactive waste (which is the reason I'm posting it here. I'm evil like that ).
    Yeah, that's pretty bad.. But it's not quite as horrible as her other song "OMG" which I will not link, because it's intensely disturbing. If you really want to watch it, you can look it up.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Is it me, or is Thufir's obsession with Koorly slightly creepy?
    I think it's cute myself. It's like watching young love or something.

edit: Like, seriously, my favorite ship on GITP. of course, it's the only one I know of on GITP anyway that's not like, two people that are basically married anyway...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-05-16 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My Jeans? I physically cringe when I hear that song. Rebecca Black sounds better (meaning she probably can sing ... decently). I actually have to admit, somewhere deep inside me, I LIKE Friday. It's a bad place.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Banned

Is it me, or is Thufir's obsession with Koorly slightly creepy?
    You should see my obsession with Heliomance

8. - Top - End - #788
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!? My ears are bleeding!
    I hope you didn't listen to all ten minutes, each time hoping it would stop looping and become something different. Because who would do that? Not Eruantion
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    I hope you didn't listen to all ten minutes, each time hoping it would stop looping and become something different. Because who would do that? Not Eruantion
    Eh, I think I got 2 minutes in. There is one continuous loop ... "song" I like on Youtube though. This would be it.

10. - Top - End - #790

Oh yes, not MoonCat either...

Seriously, what the hell was that? Is the new tradition to bring in the weirdest videos you can find and post them here? Because two can play at that game my friend...
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2011-05-16 at 05:33 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791

Eh, I think I got 2 minutes in. There is one continuous loop ... "song" I like on Youtube though. This would be it.
    That made me giggle uncontrollably
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty bad.. But it's not quite as horrible as her other song "OMG" which I will not link, because it's intensely disturbing. If you really want to watch it, you can look it up.
    I saw it in the suggestions when looking up "My Jeans", and I believe you. I'm not going to listen to it. She induces permanent brain damage.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2011-05-16 at 05:38 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That made me giggle uncontrollably
    My job is completed then.

Hmmmm. *sits impatiently* I have stuff I need to do. But I don't want to do it.

14. - Top - End - #794

Quote Originally Posted by ZombyWoof View Post
    What would it take to make CKG respond to her PMs?
    Patience?
    Or I guess you could post about it in a thread where you're pretty sure she'll read it, but I'd try to avoid that 'cause it'd feel like I was nagging her.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #795

Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #796

My job is completed then.

Hmmmm. *sits impatiently* I have stuff I need to do. But I don't want to do it.
    I hope this might return the favor, it usually does it for me.

Ah, the plight of the common student

Cypress RP profile

17. - Top - End - #797

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    What about biologically engineered intrabody pseudo-plastic pre-vertebrate back-shields? Do they exist?
    Similar-to-plastic back shields? Possibly? I haven't done any biology in four years.

What would it take to make CKG respond to her PMs?
    *face palm*
    The following:
    1) Remembering that she had said said PM the night before going to bed
    2) Remembering that because she'd read the PM it wouldn't show up as a 'new' PM.
    3) She'll be sending a reply tomorrow to the PM.
    4) And then clear out her PM box.

Ah yes, the notes that outdo the book. I do love those if it's something that I really want to study. One commentary I have makes the book about three times thicker than it should be, and I do love it so.
    Mmm! I got a copy of Ovid's Heroides where each letter or letter pair has its own separate introduction and notes, so the thickness of the book is a little more than doubled. And those are minimal notes and don't cover anywhere near as much as they could.
    And then of course, many of my Old English/Middle English poems. The Owl and the Nightingale is about twenty to thirty pages long. The book is somewhere between one hundred and twenty and one hundred and fifty pages long.
    What book is it that has a commentary triple the length of the work?

If you do look more into the Byzantine stuff, I particularly recommend stuff done by the Serbians. In my experience they've done best in the area of Byzantine liturgical music. Overall, I must say that I am a huge fan of medieval musical styles. It's a terrible shame people rarely pay attention to the art of that era.
    That is nice. It's almost call and response isn't it? I used to have a good selection of medieval/classical music until I lost about two-thirds of my favourites from my former laptop.
    In return, let me offer you a thirteenth-century song in Middle English.

Ahhh, the fifteenth century, when canon law was sane, regionally based, and largely derived from ecumenical councils.
    I feel for you. I mentioned that to my Lawyer Friend, and she says (because she had to do a Theory and History of Law thing a while back) that it was a devil to even grasp for the minimal knowledge she needed to even compare it to secular law of the time.

Hmmm, I can see Carrot being more like Socrates. It just seems that he goes a bit into Diogenes when he takes logic so far that it just begins breaking other people. Also, where is Diacytlos? I must find this Pratchett book that has one of my favorite philosophers in it.
    Small Gods. He even references a Gallileo quotation (although it is possibly apocrypphal). Really, that entire book is one long satire on the Church and philosophy. You'll love it even more than you already do (if you've read it, that is).

I have heard of it, and probably will read it one day since I love the works of C.S. Lewis. As of right now I'm reading through The Problem of Pain (having finished Narnia, Mere Christianity, and The Screwtape Letters).
    I need to read more Lewis; I've only read the Narnia series. I've heard his sci-fi books are very good though.

That's a sign that you're learning philosophy properly.
    'Tis true, I remember this feeling from reading the (few) philosophical books I've owned or borrowed in days gone past.

Hooray! I was mentioned! Anyways, when I get the time (no doubt a good thousand years after my death given how many books I already want to read) I will go and purchase that translation.
    They were bemused about the whole 'wait, you [Curly] have a friend in seminary school? Why? How?' angle, but after the relation of our discussion to them they're both agreed you sound like a very fun person to be around; and smart too.

Well, the Ukrainian is for the express purpose of being bi-ritual (I'll explain it in a PM), which is a rather distant post-ordination event that may or may not happen.
    I'm thinking it's rare and hard, mainly because I've never heard of such a thing, so I look forward to the PM.

Yep, pretty close. It's a bit easier when I say it out loud. That last name has been played for laughs many times though. When I was still in high school there would be an eruption of laughter the moment a teacher paused with a look of confusion as they went through attendance. We all knew what was coming.
    I know the feeling.
    And I have an easy name to pronounce. It's four syllables!
    Of course, in my form (of thirty or so) I had two relatives with the same last name, and between two and four distant relatives with different surnames. And a boy in my class whose first name is almost identical to my first name. And everyone assumes my name is a derivative, and thus a nickname, but my given name.
    There wasn't any laughter though, just endless sighs on the part of everyone involved.

Marlowe.
    I prefer his version to Goethe at the moment. Don't really know why.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

18. - Top - End - #798

I know the feeling.
    I'm confused. Are you including a middle name of which I'm not aware? Because I only count 3 syllables.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

You should see my obsession with Heliomance
    You keep that one well hidden.

I need to read more Lewis; I've only read the Narnia series. I've heard his sci-fi books are very good though.
    I've read the first of his sci-fi trilogy. It was good, though a little preachier than Narnia.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

20. - Top - End - #800
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Patience?
    Or I guess you could post about it in a thread where you're pretty sure she'll read it, but I'd try to avoid that 'cause it'd feel like I was nagging her.
    I think she understood I was "gently teasing" rather than "nagging" and understands it's just a strong desire to hear from her

I could be wrong though!

CKG: Did you think I was nagging or teasing?

21. - Top - End - #801

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I'm confused. Are you including a middle name of which I'm not aware? Because I only count 3 syllables.
    >.>
    Technically it's five or six syllables.
    The surname can either have one syllable or two depending on: which half of that half of the family you're on, age, location, knowledge of Old Norse pronunciation and basically person to person.
    Also whether said person with my surnames is in trouble or not. And if they're in trouble, who's calling their name.
    We're split down the middle on whether or not the surname's one or two. I tend to go with one. Except when I'm at home.
    So I'm also split fifty-fifty on the subject myself.
    Wow, my name's confusing.

And on that subject, some people pronounce my middle name with two or three syllables too.

I've read the first of his sci-fi trilogy. It was good, though a little preachier than Narnia.
    It's C. S. Lewis.
    And I know the Biblical allegories are much stronger in his sci-fi; I've read the plot summaries, but I never truly noticed the 'preachiness' in Narnia, so I don't know if I will in the sci-fi.

EDIT:
    @^: Teasing.
    The fact that it acted as a reminder as well was simply helpful.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2011-05-16 at 06:34 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #802
    Banned

Wait his preachiness is *greater* in the sci-fi?

How... how is that possible?

23. - Top - End - #803

I think she understood I was "gently teasing" rather than "nagging" and understands it's just a strong desire to hear from her

I could be wrong though!

CKG: Did you think I was nagging or teasing?
    I possibly worry too much abbout things like that.

>.>
    Technically it's five or six syllables.
    The surname can either have one syllable or two depending on: which half of that half of the family you're on, age, location, knowledge of Old Norse pronunciation and basically person to person.
    Also whether said person with my surnames is in trouble or not. And if they're in trouble, who's calling their name.
    We're split down the middle on whether or not the surname's one or two. I tend to go with one. Except when I'm at home.
    So I'm also split fifty-fifty on the subject myself.
    Wow, my name's confusing.
    That... actually that slightly reminds me of the description of the Omnian church in Carpe Jugulum, with you as Mightily Oats, arguing with yourself.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #804

"Mmm! I got a copy of Ovid's Heroides where each letter or letter pair has its own separate introduction and notes, so the thickness of the book is a little more than doubled. And those are minimal notes and don't cover anywhere near as much as they could.
    And then of course, many of my Old English/Middle English poems. The Owl and the Nightingale is about twenty to thirty pages long. The book is somewhere between one hundred and twenty and one hundred and fifty pages long.
    What book is it that has a commentary triple the length of the work?"
    Well, the book is really more a collection of a bunch of works. It's the New Testament.

That is nice. It's almost call and response isn't it? I used to have a good selection of medieval/classical music until I lost about two-thirds of my favourites from my former laptop.
    In return, let me offer you a thirteenth-century song in Middle English.
    I think it's call and response. From what I can understand of Serbain (hooray for similar Slavic languages!) it's the Liturgy of the Hours, with one man leading.

Also, that Middle English song has made its way into my list of favorites on youtube. I'll be going back to that one over the next few weeks. Speaking of medieval music, did you know that the Templars made great music?

I feel for you. I mentioned that to my Lawyer Friend, and she says (because she had to do a Theory and History of Law thing a while back) that it was a devil to even grasp for the minimal knowledge she needed to even compare it to secular law of the time.
    Just think, in about 6 years I'll begin taking classes on canon law.

Small Gods. He even references a Gallileo quotation (although it is possibly apocryphal). Really, that entire book is one long satire on the Church and philosophy. You'll love it even more than you already do (if you've read it, that is).
    *speeds off to the bookstore in a fast car*

I can't speak on the quality of his science fiction, but I do know that his apologetic works are fantastic, at least if that's the stuff that interests you. I do think that the Screwtape Letters would be interesting to most people, if only because C.S. Lewis makes the character of Screwtape absolutely fascinating, and it's a great look into how evil works within human beings.

Also, have you read G.K. Chesterton?

They were bemused about the whole 'wait, you [Curly] have a friend in seminary school? Why? How?' angle, but after the relation of our discussion to them they're both agreed you sound like a very fun person to be around; and smart too.
    Most excellent. They certainly react differently than most people do. Some friend of mine (who's college is something from a party college given the way he describes it) said that when he mentioned me to some of his friends they spent half an hour trying to figure out whether or not it's possible to be celibate.

I'm thinking it's rare and hard, mainly because I've never heard of such a thing, so I look forward to the PM.
    PM sent.

I know the feeling.
    Of course, in my form (of thirty or so) I had two relatives with the same last name, and between two and four distant relatives with different surnames. And a boy in my class whose first name is almost identical to my first name. And everyone assumes my name is a derivative, and thus a nickname, but my given name.
    There wasn't any laughter though, just endless sighs on the part of everyone involved.
    That sounds downright confusing. At least my name never got mixed up with anyone's name, given that around here everyone is of Irish or Italian descent.

I prefer his version to Goethe at the moment. Don't really know why.
    How does Goethe's version differ? I have yet to read it.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I hope this might return the favor, it usually does it for me.
    *chuckles without relent*

Poor Cucumber.

Ah, the plight of the common student
    No kidding. Except now my dear old papa is starting to hound me, so I better get to it.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

So just a difficulty with rhotics then. Don't a lot of people have problems with them at first, especially those under six or seven?
    Still, I don't really see the problem with your former speech impediment.
    I was completely incomprehensible at 6, had to have 1 or 2 years then, and still showed heavy problems at 6th grade and had to have another 3 years. People still sometimes ask me where I'm from because I have a weird accent.

Marlowe or Goethe?
    As a really good philosophy primer I'd suggest Sophie's World; the lessons in philosophy are bound in a wonderful framing narrative, itself bound in a framing narrative. Or not.
    The fourth and fifth walls get a little wobbly.
    Having a smattering of knowledge is just good generally because of the various influences philosophy has on thinking and literature in general.
    Either; I think Goethe is the one my dad has somewhere so the one I'd more likely begin with. It started after I read The Club Dumas, got me to read Paradise Lost, sometimes I'm just interested in how we portray ultimate evil.

I didn't do much Xenophon, and what I did was mostly a dialogue on women in Athens. He seemed like a nice, eloquent man though.
    Roland as in Roland from the Dark Tower books? How so?
    I've read the Anabasis but that's all. Nothing to do with Socrates in it.

And no Roland as in chief of Charlemagne's paladins. It was for history class, and I forget what I said. I wrote it all the night before it was due; got a B- I think which was descent enough. Mostly because I got to the good points at the end when I should have made them early and built on them.

And I've still not finished yet. :smallembarrassedsigh:
    I've not quite read any of it since last time we talked about it... I did, however, find where it is. I'm too lazy to get it out of the bookcase where it's wedged between books on... myths I think.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

27. - Top - End - #807

So after getting interrupted by my mom, I'm back to watching Godzilla. I must say, I love how easily people have come to accept some very strange things in their world. The fact that there is a giant radioactive dinosaur that fights an enormous moth which uses two tiny foot tall women as its messengers, strikes not one person as the least bit weird. What is sillier is that the two tiny women are treated like celebrities when they leave Mothra's island, getting tv interviews and big farewells! I mean when these women first showed up they only appeared to a couple people, who then reported about them on the news. And everyone believed it! One reporter says that there are two tiny women who herald a giant moth-god and they just take his word for it, not even remotely questioning such a strange occurrence.

This movie series is insane.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2011-05-16 at 09:01 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #808

We should try doing that today, as a comparison.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Colossus in the Playground

So after getting interrupted by my mom, I'm back to watching Godzilla. I must say, I love how easily people have come to accept some very strange things in their world. The fact that there is a giant radioactive dinosaur that fights an enormous moth which uses two tiny foot tall women as its messengers, strikes not one person as the least bit weird. What is sillier is that the two tiny women are treated like celebrities when they leave Mothra's island, getting tv interviews and big farewells! I mean when these women first showed up they only appeared to a couple people, who then reported about them on the news. And everyone believed it! One reporter says that there are two tiny women who herald a giant moth-god and they just take his word for it, not even remotely questioning such a strange occurrence.

This movie series is insane.
    Consider that at this point in time, enough monster attacks have occured that people know about it as common knowledge. Not that unbelievable.

Also, that really reminds me of the Battra movie, so you may be watching that. I may also be wrong.

30. - Top - End - #810

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Consider that at this point in time, enough monster attacks have occured that people know about it as common knowledge. Not that unbelievable.

Also, that really reminds me of the Battra movie, so you may be watching that. I may also be wrong.
    Still, I wonder if people in the Godzilla universe have ever just suddenly taken a momet and thought to themselves "Wow, this world is insane. Only 10 years ago we had no idea that any sorts of monsters exist. Now we have diminutive women who can summon a moth-god by singing about how pretty their island is appearing on reality television." But yeah, my main gripe was that one reporter claims that he's had tiny women come to him and tell him that humanity needs to leave some giant egg alone because it belongs to some super moth, and not one person thinks to question him. Even if I lived in a world with Godzilla, I'd question that.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas