New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

It's mid-spring, and the happy little town of Heartsome in southwestern Aschen is sunny as always. Today is particularly balmy, delightfully warm but not so hot or humid that it saps the strength: rather, it's quite invigorating. Sunbathers can be found littering the beach, and children splash in the crystal clear waters.
    Heartshome is a wannabe resort town. It has its tourist district, for sure, but it's small and hardly turns a profit: lacking anything but the smallest of ports and far away from the nearest port, only the most determined tourist manages to reach Heartshome. Those that do, however, are rewarded with lovely, clean beaches and, best of all, a place away from the hustle and bustle of other resort cities.
    At its core, Heartshome is truly a suburb, a place for people to settle down and raise some kids. It's clean, it's happy, it's traditional, it's safe.

The only thing suggesting anything beyond the town's sleepy borders, anything more grand, is the Pokemon Center located at the center of the town: gleaming, high-tech and metropolitan, with automatic sliding glass doors and chrome finishings, it's sticks out like a sore thumb, luring prospective trainers to the glory of the Pokemon Championships.
    To each of you, in your homes or newly arrived at the town, will you answer its call and go down the path that so many have tread, and so few walked to its finish? Or will you tread your own path, and make your own distinct mark on the world?
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-05-11 at 11:30 PM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

A young man of about seventeen years of age stomped through the sandy beaches, leaving the ferry behind him. Dark hair, dark eyes, and a face filled with something not dissimilar to annoyance.
    In an attempt to forget his admittedly bad mood, he made the effort of plastering a large grin onto his face.

It didn't work.

The uniform was perhaps his most prominent feature. He seemed to wear it perfectly, almost like a second skin. With his tie impeccably tied in a full windsor knot, everything seemed so prim and proper, even as his lips turned downward into his trademark frown.

The only thing defining his role as a Pokemon trainer was the buzzing ball of steel that hovered around his ear.

"Let's go Ender, we'll be cutting straight across the desert to save time."

A horrible idea really, but if Ender had any objections he didn't voice them. Because in a matter of hours his trainer would complain of the sand and heat and demand they take an alternate route.

Ender knew his trainer a little too well.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-05-12 at 12:05 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela scarfs down another bite of food. Oatmeal, she thought, though she really wasn't paying attention at the moment. It was filling, anyways, and that was the priority. Around her, she was aware of the rest of her family getting ready to start another semi-normal day. The chief difference being that she wouldn't be around to make a mess of things any more. She scrapes the bowl again huh, so it was oatmeal and, finding it quite empty, shoves it away.

"Vichi, we're going," she calls, standing up and grabbing her clanking backpack. The Riolu gives her a dark look, but nods, grabbing another poffin off the table and following her, bouncing up and down in seeming excitement.

Adela glances at Vichi, but says nothing as they head out the door, towards Route 423. The trainer, Vichi knew, was hard to live with. He didn't like her. But she wasn't an idiot. Not that much.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-05-12 at 12:44 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

T.J. zipped around his room, bursting with energy from the goodbye breakfast his parents made for him. He had every little thing he needed from Antidote to toothbrush lining a circle around his room. He packed every single thing into his backpack and when he was done he went over everything in a mental checklist. A Slowpoke sitting on the bed let out a long yawn. "Sorry if this bores you, Dancho. I'm just being a worry-wort. I'm done, so we can go now." He returned his partner to his pokeball and placed it on his belt.

With a final goodbye to his family, he took first step out the door and onward toward his journey. Walking down the street, his mind couldn't help but wander back to his list. I could stand to buy a few more pokeballs, but I do want to get to Route 423 soon. What the heck, Sandberg has a pokemon center. If I need more, I can just buy them there. He picked up speed as he headed for Route 423, almost skipping with excitement.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-05-12 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Grammar

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

As he steps off of the boat and onto the docks of Heartshome, Gavin mutters to himself. "If any of what I've heard is true, the Garin Desert is a very inhospitable place... and far too dangerous for me to simply go traipsing about. One would think they'd have given me some help for this... but then, I suppose they don't have anyone else who'd even understand the importance of this mission." Looking around, he notes where everything is, and then pulls out his Pokedex for a moment, looking at the request again. "I suppose I'll need to work towards gathering other Pokemon, if I'm going to trek into the desert. And if I can find a couple of lackeys to handle the menial tasks while I go, so much the better..."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

As Gavin pulls out his pokedex- and each of the others, respectively, are just about to head out- the light on it begins flashing, and the thing begins wailing noisily. On the display, in large flashing letters, reads:
    "Calling all Pokemon Trainers- Crisis at Heartshome Pokemon Center", and an option to either accept or dismiss the call.
    Of course, you have no obligation in particular to respond, especially as (for the most part) novice trainers, but doing so will result in both experience and exposure- the ultimate goal of many pokemon trainers.
    Accepting results in a GPS feed giving the fastest route to the Pokemon Center.
    Refusing shuts the damn thing up and lets you go about your business as normal.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Sighing, Gavin looks at the Pokedex. "Hmmm... I suppose it may be worthwhile to look into this. These kinds of situations always attract naive fools - I might find someone capable enough to actually work for me on this... Hitting the "Accept" button on the Pokedex, and looking at the map that comes up, his lips curl upward into a smug smirk. "Besides, having the favor of the League officials and law enforcement here can only help my goals..." Following the directions given on the Pokedex, Gavin strides off towards the Pokemon Center, his hand moving to his Pokeball.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela flips her Pokedex open with one hand, hits 'refuse' with her thumb, then wheels around and heads for the Pokemon center, moving with only the most minor consideration for traffic laws. She'd lived here her whole life, the last thing she needed was directions to the only landmark in town! Well, besides the waterfront. Behind her, Vichi swiftly catches up, then tries to run past her. "Slow, Vichi. Now follow."

Reluctantly, the Riolu slows down to match his trainer's pace as they cross the streets and head for the Pokemon Center. He could have gotten there before her, he knows it. But it probably wasn't a good idea to argue right now.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

There was not an ounce of hesitation as Nathan pressed the 'Accept' button. Inwardly he smirked, this was a good chance for him to make a name for himself as an up and coming trainer. With hardly another thought, he kicked wildly through the sand, following the directions as described by the Pokedex.

"Looks like we're making a slight detour Ender."

...and cursed as the sand entered his shoes.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

10. - Top - End - #10

The sound of a police siren and a strong vibration in his back pocket caused T.J. to stumble forward. He pulled out the little red device making the racket to see what was the matter. "Huh!? Crisis at the Pokemon Center?" He had been made aware that the pokedex had this feature, but was at least under the assumption he'd have more Pokemon before the first alarm. "I've only got one pokemon and we aren't particularly strong," he said as he hovered his finger over the Decline button. "Dancho doesn't even know Water Gun." T.J. laughed to himself half-heartedly. "There's probably someone way more qualified to handle this. I'd just make things worse." He gave a sad sigh and brought his finger down on the button.

"GPS DIRECTIONS TO THE POKEMON CEN-" T.J. flipped the pokedex closed mid-directions and stuffed it into his back pocket.

"I know the way." T.J. started running for the pokemon center at top speed. If people and Pokemon are in danger, I can't just assume it's someone else's problem. This would either be the perfect start to his adventure or an absolutely disastrous one. The entire run T.J. was praying it was the former.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-05-13 at 12:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

As you near the pokemon center, you see a small group arranged before it. By one building is a few people tending to a quivering, blood-spattered nurse. Aside from that, there are a few onlookers milling about (and keeping their distance), and a couple trainers rushing towards it, ahead of you, with pokemon at the ready (an aron and pidgeotto, respectively). At the Pokemon center itself, it's filled with smoke, and nothing can be seen inside except for brief orange flashes through the smoke. Metallic thuds can be heard coming from it.
    The first trainer with the pidgeotto shouts, "Get 'em! Aerial Ace!"
    Nothing can be heard nor seen for a few moments after that, and silence fills the air. It's dispersed, however, as the pidgeotto is sent hurtling through one of the two windows, shattering the glass and falling to the ground outside. There's pieces of the window stuck in its flesh, and it leaves a smear of blood across the ground.
    "No!" The trainer shouts, and runs over to the pidgeotto, pulling out a potion and administering it, but it seems to be of no use: the thing isn't breathing. The trainer is blubbering, sobbing. He pulls out another potion, but again, to no avail.
    A tall man who was tending to the nurse- a cop, judging by the badge (and bulletproof vest, and riot helmet, and shotgun) runs over to the trainer, laying a hand on his shoulder.
    "Do you have any other pokemon?"
    The trainer shakes his head.
    "Then get out of here before you're killed too."
    He gently pushes the trainer off, who runs away.
    The trainer with the aron shakes his head, backing off. "Screw this! I'm out of here." He withdraws his aron, and follows the other trainer.
    The cop shakes his head, muttering an expletive, then shouting to the rest of the people there.
    "Any of you others with pokemon, get over here and listen up."
    He pulls a Pokedex MP (Military-Police) from his belt, reading. "Dexter here says we've got... a normal type, probably something big like a granbull... one from the charmander line, that's making the flashes and smoke, not a charizard judging from the height, though... and whatever used Circle Throw on the pidgeotto."
    With that, he puts the pokedex away.
    "And I say there are three members of Team Eclectia in there. And at least one of them has a gun."
    He kneels down, looking over all of you and speaking in a more hushed voice.
    "So. I'm going to get under one of the windows there. As soon as the smokescreen clears, I'll take down one of them, and that'll give you a chance to run in with your pokemon through the front doors. Sound good?"
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-05-17 at 08:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela's eyes widen in shock at the scene, and when the Pidgeotto falls to the ground dead when it hit the ground a cooler part of her mind notes, it is all she can do to keep Vichi from charging in there and smashing things to pieces. "Normal, Charmander, Cirle Throw," she mutters, piecing basic information together. "Vichi, you need to listen to me, got that? This is our first big battle, and it's my job to make sure you don't end up like that bird on the ground." It is only after the words leave her mouth that she realizes exactly what she said. Nice going, idiot. That's not going to demoralize him at all, she thinks to herself scathingly.

"Good enough," she calls back to the officer when the other calls of agreement begin. Let's hope no one screws this up more...

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking at the few trainers assembled here, even as he listens to the officer's briefing, Gavin nods to himself. The Normal type would be an ideal target... I'd have a disadvantage against whatever it is that has Circle Throw. Pulling his Pokeball into his hand, Gavin nods, saying, "Garan and I can deal with the Normal-type... it's the most advantageous match I can see, given the moves that Garan knows." Watching the building, and glancing at the other trainers, he thinks, Team Eclectia... they're nothing more than a bunch of thugs, according to what I was told, but still... I'll want to keep myself at as little risk as possible.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan winces as the bloodied bird skids against the ground. It reminded him vaguely of the accidents that were ever so common in the city. His sensibilities told him (reasonably so) that he should be afraid, something capable of taking down an evolved Pokemon was definitely dangerous. But it certainly was intriguing. Danger most certainly colored the lives of any trainer, the sooner he adapted the sooner he would be able to brush it off.

Quickly schooling his expression he flipped open his Pokedex to scan the dead bird, "Waste not, want not..."

Face an expressionless mask, he stepped forward, motioning for Ender to follow from behind. "Keep up high Ender, I'd hate for something to happen to you simply because I was careless."

A faint buzzing was all he would receive in return.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

15. - Top - End - #15

When the pidgeotto hit the ground T.J.'s hand flew over his heart. It felt like it was going to burst out of his chest. He fell in when the police officer called the trainers in and listened intently. "If whatever has Circle Throw is fighting type, I might have a chance," telling those around him as much as he was telling himself. He drew his pokeball, took a deep breath and got set to run into the building.

While preparing to go in, he noticed one of the trainers, an older boy, had stopped to scan the dead pidgeotto. "Morbid." The words slipped past his lips before he could stop himself. He covered his mouth, turned his head and hoped the trainer hadn't noticed.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan had noticed, and the surprised that had momentarily registered on the boy's face wasn't too unexpected. Still, it did sting to be labeled so easily. "Listen kid, I want to get down to the bottom of this as much as you do, but squirming at the first sight of blood definitely isn't the right way to go."

He was surprised at how easily the words were coming out of his mouth, but he didn't plan on stopping there, "Pokemon training is, and always has been a dangerous business. If you plan on 'being the best there ever was' you're going to see plenty of these scenes in the future. If you're going to let something like this squick you out, just go home and save your parents the grief. Everybody has a story to tell, don't be ashamed if your story doesn't involve Pokemon training."

It was hypocritical, he knew. And at some point in his speech, Nathan wasn't sure if he was trying to convince the himself or the kid. Regardless, he kept his expression level, face impassive throughout. Though, ending with a slight smirk near the end.

"The name's Nathaniel Frost," he finished, extending his hand.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-05-17 at 11:38 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

At the trainer's words, Adela turns to examine him. He looked like a bit of a wimp, and too pale to have lived around Aschen for long. He looked a bit younger than her-a year, maybe two. Probably just the one year-she herself was a bit young to be here, and a thirteen year old kid wandering around with a dex would have raised eyebrows and questions about abuse. The pages on Circle Throw finished loading, and she grinned at it.

"Pretty limited move, Circle Throw. Whismur line, Poliwrath, Buneary line, Riolu line-no it's an egg move, Vichi, you're not throwing anyone anywhere," she snaps at the Riolu looking up at her with a wistful expression on its face. "Kangaskan, Throh. That's it. Half of those are Normal, half Fighting." She says the last sentence much louder, so that people could hear her. Nothing people couldn't look up on their dexs, but most wouldn't. "Bet you wish you had a good Fighting type like Vichi here now; we might have two Normals on our hands-oh, and Lucario is weak to Fighting as well."

When the second boy speaks, Adela glances to him. He looked near as skinny as the other kid, though a good bit taller. More ready for school than a battle, though the floating...whatever...behind him would correct your mistake in any case. "Adela," she says curtly.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-05-17 at 11:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

"I'm sorry! That slipped out. That was wrong to say." T.J. had turned back to the the trainer when called out. His hands still covered his mouth, but his fingers were lifted so he could at least be heard. "It's not the blood, he replied, never looking him in the eye, "but to scan a pokemon that just died feels so..." He searched for a word that fit. "Insensitive? Disrespectful?" His hand slapped his mouth again and he gave a sigh. His hands fell to his side and his head drooped. "Sorry."

He was surprised to also hear a reaction to what he had said earlier. "Fifty-Fifty is good enough odds for me to try a Psychic type." He had noticed he was the only of them not to have introduced himself. "Also, sorry, I'm Timothy , b-but I like T.J. better." T.J. took the outstretched hand and tried to shake it firmly, though he probably fell short and apologized afterward.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-05-18 at 12:23 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"No one's going to take you seriously if you keep apologizing and stuttering," Adela says sharply after two rather bone-crushing handshakes that you'd expect from a Machoke rather more than a lean teenage girl no taller than T.J. who apparently felt a need to dye her hair dark blue. "So, who feels like kicking the ass of a bunch of psychos?"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"Stop apologizing over nothing, it's starting to annoy me," Nathan intoned.

What was up with this kid he wondered. He hadn't been half as spineless at that age. Or respectful. Or talkative. Or friendly. Okay, so the kid was a lot of things he wasn't. He kept this in mind as he continued.

"Confidence is a virtue," smirking to himself he added, "and I just so happen to be a saint."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-05-18 at 12:48 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela slaps Nathan with her free hand, using her other hand to control Vichi. "That arrogance is at least as annoying as his lack of a backbone. Except pride's more likely to get you killed than a crushing inability to do anything without feeling sorry about it first. And here I thought you were the decent sort."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan reels from the stinging slap, but bites down a retort. "I am the decent sort, I'm the decent sort who understands and recognizes when a nervous kid needs a little reassurance."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-05-18 at 12:58 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

23. - Top - End - #23

"Sorr-" T.J. Smacked himself on the forehead to prevent further annoyance. "Stop apologizing. Got it." He expected he'd come off as a wimp. Just not so quickly. "Also, thank you both for your concern, but it isn't a crushing inability. I just tend to say or do things and then immediately worry if I've offended somone or hurt their feelings and then I end up regretting everything." He thought about that for a moment. "Okay, that is pretty crushing. S-" He hit himself on the forehead again. "Can I go back to apologizing, please? I'm going to hurt my self like this."
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-05-18 at 01:22 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"No. That pain is good. It means you're making some sort of effort."

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to sleep.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shrugs with one shoulder. It wasn't very easy to shrug with the other, given that Vichi was basically hanging off it and trying to either make his trainer let go of him or drag her with him into the Pokemon Center. To her credit, Adela doesn't even seem to be that annoyed with the overexcited, passionate, young Pokemon.

"It's not my problem if you look like an idiot or a wimp," she points out. "Just...don't waste your breath on apologizing to the nutcases in there. You'll have enough problems breathing at all, with that smoke."
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-05-18 at 01:55 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching the three young trainers banter, Gavin shakes his head slightly. That Nathan boy... he doesn't seem too nervous. The girl, as well... perhaps they could be useful. Stepping forward as he releases Garan from his Pokeball, he says, "Gavin Walker. I'm a researcher, but I've had my share of battles." Looking them over, his eyes rest on each of them briefly before he continues, "Since we're going to be battling together... please try not to do anything stupid?" Turning his gaze back towards the building, Gavin sighs, thinking, We'll see if any of them are actually capable...
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

27. - Top - End - #27

In an attempt to seem competent to this new face, a futile one due to the pink mark that had formed on his forehead, T.J. stood up straight and tried his best to look Gavin in the eye. How short the man was surprised him. It was rare that T.J. had someone his own age or older than him that he could actually look down on.

Surpressing an urge to apologize for being taller, T.J. introduced himself. "Hello, I'm Timothy, o-or T.J. if you prefer something simpler," he said making very sure to avoid the word "shorter". "Or have you already heard my name? I'm sorr- I'm mean, I'm sort of new at pokemon training, so I hope I don't get in your way." He began to smile cautiousy as he nervously twiddled his fingers over Dancho's pokeball.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

As the young trainer finishes speaking, Gavin replies, "Fine, fine... just don't get in the way." Turning to the others, he says, "We'll want to be cautious... from everything I've heard about Team Eclectia, they're all to willing to attack both trainers and Pokemon that go against them." That said, maybe I should find a weapon of some sort for my own use... Gavin looks around, to see if there's anything nearby that might serve as a weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gavin will look for a Pole Weapon, Thrown Weapon, or Blunt Weapon, in order of preference, if one is nearby.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan didn't make it a habit of talking to strange older men, and he didn't intend on making an exception today. Especially older men considerably shorter than himself. He made a noncommittal grunt and turned back to the smoking door.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-05-20 at 01:11 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

Nearly the instant you're all done talking- as you've been far too distracted to be actually paying attention to what's going on- you notice that what's beyond the smoke has finally become quite distinct. In fact...
    The cop lunges up and drops his shotgun down on the broken window, breaking what glass is there, and with a loud thud fires and resumes his cover.
    "SHIT!"
    Rushing forward, you can see inside the pokemon center.
    Just inside the door and to the right is a feral looking charmeleon, and opposite him is a man in colourful clothing writhing on the ground. His arm is barely attached at the shoulder, and he's currently bleeding copiously. There is a rifle that's fallen to the floor next to him.
    To the far right and closest to the door is a dead chansey, riddled with burns, slashes and bullet wounds. The pool of blood around it is beginning to dry.
    In the other right corner of the room is where the nurse would usually be, behind her the instant restorative unit. Instead, however, there's a man in a jester costume and holding a pistol, with an ursaring behind him. It seems that it was the ursaring that was making the thudding, as it's panting and foaming at the mouth, standing by a heavy metal door that's been punched in quite a bit. A few more minutes and it would've likely broken through.
    Above all this is a sortof balcony: the room is separated into two stories, and the second story overlooks the first. Atop it is a man in an eclectic set of clothing: he wears jackboots, neatly pressed black slacks, a dark gray anorak with hood pulled up, a long-nosed venetian mask, a surgical mask and heavy, dark leather gloves so no bit of his body can be seen. More particularly, he has a brace over one leg (which he is nursing) and a cane.
    On the ground below him is a lucario, leaning against the wall and brooding.
    Between both of them is a woman. Between, because she has been suspended in midair. She's hanging by a rope around her torso, and as most of her clothes have been stripped off, the rope, blindfold and gag are some of the little decency she has left. That and the blood-spatters. Finally, in some sortof sadistic joke it seems they've duct-taped a gun between her hands, though obviously she can't fire it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Map. You- and your pokemon- can be positioned G-J 9 & H-I 8 inside the pokemon center, or anywhere from F-K & 10-13 outside.
    Finally, a note: this is not going to be the norm. This is going to be as grimdark as it gets. It will get this grimdark again, I assure you, but you may go long stretches without anyone (or anymon) being murdered, or maimed, or violated, or whatever. Intentionally, that is. Sh*t still happens in pokemon battles, and wild pokemon can still seriously injure and even kill people. Anyways, primarily it depends on how long you'll go without seeing Eclectia, or other criminals. I just want you all to know what you're getting into.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-05-23 at 01:08 AM.