New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Smirking, Gavin replies, "Indeed... Gavin Walker, petrologist, researcher and trainer. As for this being a suicide mission... we'll see. At any rate, I trust you know how to get to the area where the first fossil was located?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Hey... Hey!" He looked around himself to see if he could see where they teleported out in the distance. "If I'm going to lose money, at least let me lose it fair and square!" he shouted to nowhere in particular. "Next time I see you, I'm getting my battle!" He actually had anger in voice this time. "Was that soda even yours!" he yelled out on an odd tangent. It wasn't the money. He had bet nothing he wasn't prepared to lose, but being swindled stung. It also stung because he had the means to prevent it. No. Bad thought. People's thoughts were private. She's a grifter, not an eclectic. He shuddered a bit as he thought back on that center. The one that got away had an abra. Teleporters are cheaters, he thought.

He was about to leave down the road when a thought occurred to him. Was this even her shop? Had she just been robbing an empty convenience store waiting for some idiot to drop his money? The curiosity a little overwhelming, he opened the door to peek in.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    TJ:
    Adela:
    The magikarp just misses the pidgeotto, and it flies off into the distance.
    Thankfully, though, it's being weighed down: at first it had the advantage of momentum, and Vichi was stunned... but now Vichi is flailing about wildly, and the bird is focused more on keeping the squirming pokemon from damaging it than flying: it's losing altitude, and is flying slower.
    By now it's about 100 yards from you, and is heading to a copse of trees.
    Adela pops the Magikarp back into its Pokeball and begins to run towards the little copse of trees as fast as her feet will carry her. She doesn't waste her breath on orders to Vichi-the little Riolu was probably too far away and too scared to hear them. With her open hand, she snags a super potion out of her bag. If she needed it, best to have it at the ready.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    Malcolm nods.
    "Yep, yep. We can get you there, alright. But can we get you back?"
    He grins a wicked grin, waving his fingers, and Jacob slaps him on the back of the head. Hard.
    "Malcolm, shut the f*ck up and help me with the lift."
    Malcolm looks browbeaten, and they have you follow them into the mine. Soon enough you come to a rusty, gated lift, and Malcolm pulls it open. Jacob pulls a rusty lever, and with a loud, grating groan of metal, he hops in and you descend into the darkness.
    The temperature drops immediately. The lift picks up speed, and you fly down and down, surrounded by the groan of metal, sounds of mining... and other sounds. The tiny light in the lift is hardly adequate, and your eyes are constantly darting after shadows of movement. Jacob keeps an eye out for... something... and then finally jerks the lever back. You stop immediately, and it's all you can do to not to land on your ass.
    The gate opens, and you step out, Malcolm carrying a heavy lamp.
    "Welcome... to the depths!"
    Around you is a massive expanse of a cavern. You can see about forty feet up... and then it just goes black. The ceiling must be even higher than that.
    A cold, cold wind blows through you. All around is dark and dankness. You can't see beyond forty feet, and anything beyond ten or so is all darkness and shadows.
    "Watch your step, my friend. You fall into a pit, the only mercy is that you'll have plenty of time to contemplate your life before landing. This deep we have a policy of those who fall behind, stay behind, by the way. No use losing ten lives to maybe save one, ya know?"
    Jacob nudges Malcolm, lifting a finger to his lips.
    "What?"
    "SHH!"
    "...Oh."
    Jacob looks around warily, presumably having seen or heard something... then waves you on.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to back out, now's the time. Otherwise, give the word, and yall'll move on.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin nods silently, reaching into one of his pockets to confirm that his Super Potion is within easy reach. After confirming that he can get to it quickly, Gavin motions for Jacob to lead the way, his own eyes darting about cautiously as his hand closes around Garan's Pokeball.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't intend to back out. Onward and downward, then.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    Jacob nods to Malcolm.
    "Better get ready that tool of yours there. Your spotlight, too."
    Malcolm pulls out his shotgun, which has a large flashlight under the barrel. He's about to light it, then stops.
    "Won't that attract attention?"
    As if in answer, a long, low cry echoes through the dungeon.
    "Too late. Hey, egghead," Jacob says, gesturing to you, "Just how long is this gonna take you?"
    As you talk, you all go forward at quite a brisk pace. Jacob seems a natural, and Malcolm makes up for talent with bluster, but it's all Gavin can do to keep up. He's already had to be caught from slipping into a chasm by Jacob's strong arm.

Adela:
    Your feet carry you well... but the pidgeotto is still faster. However, it didn't have the same stamina, especially with Vichi flailing. He's regained some moxie, and the pidgeotto is forced to land in the nearest tree to keep a hold on its prey.
    As you're approaching, the pidgeotto pins Vichi against a branch with one large clawed foot, lashing downwards with its beak in an attempt to finish it off. Vichi resists, for the most part, managing to squirm out of the way. It then tries to pick up Vichi in its beak, flailing it around like a houndoom with a bidoof... but Vichi seems to be too large for it to handle, and it drops him.
    He falls off the tree, and onto the ground with a sickening thud.
    The pidgeotto looks down at the both of you with keen eyes. It doesn't seem to like being cheated out of its prey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    23 damage to Vichi. You can take over for him now.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The door's locked. And judging by the amount of dust gathered on everything inside, that he sees through the window, it looks like his guess isn't too far from the mark.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin glances at Jacob and replies, "An initial survey of the area should be fairly quick. Just be ready to do your job, though, and allow me to do mine."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure exactly how you want to handle this, Gorgondantess... just let me know if there are any checks I need to make.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Adela:
    Your feet carry you well... but the pidgeotto is still faster. However, it didn't have the same stamina, especially with Vichi flailing. He's regained some moxie, and the pidgeotto is forced to land in the nearest tree to keep a hold on its prey.
    As you're approaching, the pidgeotto pins Vichi against a branch with one large clawed foot, lashing downwards with its beak in an attempt to finish it off. Vichi resists, for the most part, managing to squirm out of the way. It then tries to pick up Vichi in its beak, flailing it around like a houndoom with a bidoof... but Vichi seems to be too large for it to handle, and it drops him.
    He falls off the tree, and onto the ground with a sickening thud.
    The pidgeotto looks down at the both of you with keen eyes. It doesn't seem to like being cheated out of its prey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    23 damage to Vichi. You can take over for him now.
    Adela winces at the sound of Vichi's impact, but doesn't dwell on it too long, spraying the Super Potion over Vichi's wounds before her brain quite registers how she got there. She could probably take one hit by the Pidgeotto. Vichi couldn't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-08-22 at 04:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

I think I might really dislike that girl. T.J. had spent enough time being angry at the girl and himself. He decided enough was enough and started back down the road to Axelo Town.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    Continuing down the road, not half an hour in, you catch a glimpse of a straw hat within a tree off the road. It couldn't be...
    It is.
    The girl who swindled you, in a shockingly belligerent display of audacity, is hammocked between a few branches of a tree, just above eye level, snoring away with her abra on her chest. She had to have known you were coming down this road... and yet she's right there. Sleeping! It's mind blowing, really. She doesn't seem to even notice you're there, anyways.

Adela:
    The pidgeotto continues to glare down at you. As soon as you administer the potion, it squawks, launching itself down to attack. Adela manages to interpose herself between the mad bird and Vichi, suffering only a few scratches on her arms, but quickly enough the pidgeotto flies off, winging around to come at you with another attack.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela did a quick type matchup in her mind, ignoring the scratches. She'd gotten worse falling off of a jungle gym. The types didn't look good. And for all that it was a Magikarp, Bane wasn't half bad. But...she looked at Vichi, remembered some of his moves. If he could just keep the Pidgeotto occupied..."Vichi, Quick Attack on my mark." She lunged forward as soon as the sentence was out of her mouth, bringing her fist up to meet the bird Pokemon. As soon as the Pidgeotto attempted to attack, she signaled for Vichi to move.

Spoiler
    Show

How I love interrupts...pretty much, the idea is to move up to the Pidgeotto, attack it as my Trainer action and command Vichi to interrupt the Pidgeotto with Quick Attack.

Adela Attack - (1d20)[15]
    Fist Damage - (1d8+5)[11]

Vichi Attack - (1d20)[12]
    Vichi Damage - (2d10+10)[21]

13. - Top - End - #223

This is a trick. This has to be a trick. She knew I was heading in this direction. I'm going to step up to the tree to confront her and end up in a pit trap or something. T.J. could not believe this was real. This tore at him. On one hand, this was seemed like such an obvious trap that his caution wouldn't let him anywhere near that tree. On the other, simply walking by without even trying to get his money, or battle, would validate this girls grifting. She would get off scot-free because he was too afraid to do anything about it. He could just yell at her from were he was but she could teleport away. What he needed was some sort of leverage. Something she wouldn't run away without. Idea!
    T.J. moved in carefully, remaining as far away as his abilities would allow and reached out with his mind to the girl's hat. He quickly yanked the hat off the girls head to bring it flying into his own waiting hands.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    Jacob looks around warily, not replying for a moment...
    "Let's keep moving."
    The flashlight under Malcolm's gun is a more focused light, illuminating further and brighter but less area than the lamp. Just from a cursory glance at the walls with this aid, you can already tell that there's a good chance of fossils: there's good sedimentary rock formations, and judging by the erosion it should be a decent site. But you'll have to get a better look at the site to be sure.
    Finally, after about 5 minutes travel all told, you stop. Malcolm's spotlight illumines a sortof rock bridge, where there's about a metre wide of good walking space before slope suddenly drops down... and down. Beyond it is nothingness, even further than Malcolm's flashlight.
    Jacob nods. "It's just ahead here... I'll go first. Here, take this. You'll need it more than me."
    He hands you the lamp and strolls across, obviously practiced in such things. You follow behind, and it doesn't seem that bad... but nearing the bridge, that one metre seems mighty small space, especially on such uneven footing. Malcolm bumps into you from behind as you stop, and almost pushes you off the ledge, but manages to catch you from behind.
    "Here, this should hold ya." He takes a cord from his belt and hooks it to one of your belt loops, securing you to him on a leash. "Should give you better incentive not to slip- that way, if you fall, you'll not only be dead but also a killer."
    He grins, slapping you on the back.
    Jacob turns back towards you, already invisible in the darkness.
    "Hey, egghead, there's a..."
    There's a whoosh, and a grunt, and he's cut off.
    "...Jacob?"
    Malcolm shines his flashlight off towards the bridge. Jacob is nowhere to be seen.
    "Oh, f*ck."

TJ:
    The girl continues to snore, straw hair now blowing in the slight breeze. A slight bit of drool runs out of the side of her mouth. If this is a trick, it's obviously a very bad one.
    ...Or a very good one.

Adela:
    You and Vichi both strike in a perfectly coordinate attack. You swat it out of the air as it's flying by, and Vichi slams it into the ground. It's still quite conscious, and likely able to do more... but seems well demoralized. No meal is worth all this. It flies up and back into the tree, staring down at you and chattering angrily.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela grins evilly up at the Pidgeotto, wheels around, and begins walking again. She could get in a few more miles before the sun began to set. And she really wasn't interested in capturing a pokemon that saw her starter as a meal.

16. - Top - End - #226

"E-excuse me! Miss. Miss, um, Teleport?" he called to the girl, backing up ever so slowly. "I'm sorry for waking you, but I have your hat! A-and I won't give it back unless you give me back my money! Or we have that battle. And I want the full pot if I win! My thousand plus whatever it was you threw down!" He kept the girl in sight and really hoped she cared about that hat enough to accept one or the other. Otherwise this was a really roundabout way to buy a strawhat. Wait! What if she really likes this hat? Enough to come down here and beat me up for it! He put his hand on Dancho's pokeball and increased the speed of his backing up slightly.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin scowls as the other trainer vanishes into the darkness of the mine, but remembers Malcolm's words from before... "This deep we have a policy of those who fall behind, stay behind..." Raising the lamp, Gavin looks back towards the man, and says, "Well, Malcolm... looks like it's just us now. A shame... the extra help would've been nice to have." And it would've been nice to have an Excadrill available, as well... such a waste of resources. Hefting the lamp in one hand, Gavin shifts Garan's Pokeball into his other hand, peering across the thin bridge. "Still, it's more likely that we'll find something here... so let's move onward. Though... if you have something that could be used to anchor the rope, in case one of us does fall, it would be nice... I'll see if I might have something suitable, if you don't have anything. I've no intention of dying today, after all." Looking towards the man, Gavin mentally checks over the contents of his kit, wondering if there's anything that could be used to anchor the rope somewhere. As he waits for Malcolm to find something suitable, he continues, "And if any Pokemon come at us, shoot to kill - while I might take the opportunity to try and capture something, my main concern is getting through here alive." Though, of course, I certainly wouldn't object to acquiring something valuable while I'm here.

Spoiler
    Show
    The books don't particularly cover the contents of an Explorer's Kit, so I suppose it would be up to you as to whether or not there's something in there that can be used to anchor the rope to more stable ground(the Petrologist description does say that they're good at exploring caves and other underground locations, after all - climbing gear could very well be included).
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    After your first few words, the girl wakes with a start, falling out of the tree and onto her bottom. She winces in pain, shaking her head and getting up. "Hey! That's..."
    Then she sees who it is, and stops. As you speak, she looks frustrated and angry, grimacing menacingly at you. As you step back, she steps forward.
    "I..."
    Her gaze darts to the side, and she begins to look less confident.
    "I..."
    Her chin begins to tremble.
    "...I'm sorry."
    She looks askance, eyes watering up.
    "How stupid you must think I am... just sleeping here along the trail... it's just... I get so tired, I'm never able to get a good night's sleep, sleeping out here like this... and, and, I can't afford to stay anywhere for the night... and everything was going so well... and all I wanted was to sleep in a warm bed for once, is that so much to ask?"
    She looks back up at you, accusingly, a tear running down her cheek. She takes a breath, and steels herself.
    "Fine. You want your battle...? I need this money. Even though James isn't much of a fighter."
    The abra makes a noise.
    "What? It's true... I mean, when was the last time you won a fight?"
    The abra is silent, and steps forward.
    "Just... just make it quick, okay?"

19. - Top - End - #229

I made somebody cry. I made somebody CRY! T.J. would never imagine in a million years, he would be accussed of being the bad guy. He felt like someone just punched him in his stomach. A fight raged in him between his sympathy and his suspicion, but for now he had to bear it and let his suspicion win. "I... I am so sorry. If you had asked me for help twenty minutes ago, I would have. Really," he said sympathetically. "But right now, after your stunt, I have to assume everything you say is a lie." He released Dancho from his pokeball. "Dancho, Water Gun."

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[11] Minimum check: 2
    Damage: (2d10)[11]+(1d6)[4]+8

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    As you continue down the road, the pidgeotto follows. At first you think it's still after Vichi... but it doesn't seem to be making any aggressive moves. Rather, it's just annoying- the thing lands on a perch near to you, hopping around and chirping and burbling at you. As soon as you think you've lost it, it flies up, swoops in and lands on a perch near you once again.
    Regardless of the bird, soon enough you come to something of a crossroads: the route turns east, while a dirt road continues north into the Garin. At this crossroads is a dusty, rickety convenience store, but it looks closed. The pidgeotto lands atop the store nearest you, lets out a squawk, and begins preening itself.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela looks up at the mad Pidgeotto. It had followed her all this way, for whatever reason. Slowly, deliberately, she draws one of her Great Balls, holding it where the bird can see. "D'you want to be captured?" she asks somewhat incredulously. She'd like to get the Pidgeotto off her back, and it was a better mobile combatant than she had. It didn't seem interested in eating Vichi anymore. "Cause if you do, I can help with that...."

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The abra teleports out of the way of the water gun, and the girl gets a facefull of water gun. It reappears within melee range of Dancho, while the girl coughs and sputters, unable to quite catch her breath.
    "James... *cough*- use mega punch! *cough*"
    The abra draws a fist back, and swings clumsily, going far wide of Dancho. It stumbles back, falling off balance.

Gavin:
    Malcolm shakes his head.
    "F*ck, man, I wouldn't be risking my life just so you could come away with a souvenir anyways! Let's just get this job done and get the hell out of here!"
    He jogs across the bridge, muttering under his breath all the way. On the other side of the bridge is a better expanse of rock, a shelf going about 10 metres out from the wall of the cave.
    "Here it is. Get working. I'll keep lookout."
    He extricates you from the leash, using the light on his shotgun to scan about. You get to the wall and set the lantern down, about to get to work, when you're interrupted by a shot, and a screech.
    As soon as you turn around, it's on him: a huge aerodactyl has Malcolm pinned down under its talons. It snatches the shotgun out of his grasp with it's jaws, snapping it in half with one powerful flex of its muscles, while Malcolm pulls out his handgun, emptying it out on the beast above him, screaming. The screaming is cut to a gurgle, though, as the aerodactyl leans down and bites down on his neck, tearing out a chunk of flesh. It then turns to you, wincing and shying away, then shrieks and flies off. You're left alone with Malcolm twitching and gurgling in a rapidly expanding pool of blood.
    Being a petrologist, you know all about aerodactyl, and how they hunt.
    Of course it went for Malcolm over you. At your former workplace, they held an aerodactyl for a time, studying its behavior: the beast became extremely aggressive when introduced to external light sources. This is due to the nature of an aerodactyl's eyes. They are extremely specialized, able to see equally well in total darkness and in broad daylight. They are excellent at distinguishing movement, having a detection rate comparable to a pidgeot. However, they also have extraordinarily sensitive eyes: any distinct or sudden change in light uniformity can blind them, and cause quite a bit of pain. Thus, it went for Malcolm, who caught it in his flashlight's beam. You don't know whether something like smoke or dust would do the trick, but it might be worth a shot.
    Of course, it also went for Jacob first of any. Aerodactyl are highly intelligent hunters: powerful, fast, though surprisingly fragile. As such, in environments such as these, they tend to opt for guerrilla tactics, picking off any members of a group and then leaving them to die where they lay so it can fly unburdened. It will leave and come back at almost random intervals, and won't stop until all are dead; only then will it feed.
    As such, it will almost assuredly come back.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Grumbling, Gavin flicks his Pokeball out, releasing Garan. "Curse," he orders, fighting down a momentary flash of panic and considering the situation. Guards dead, and an Aerodactyl hunting me. Still... maybe there's something that can blind him. Their eyes are absurdly sensitive... Motioning the Pokemon forward with him, he moves up towards Malcolm's body, and tries to move it to rummage through his pack, to see what might be available there. Hopefully he has some flares, flashbangs, or something that I can use when that thing comes back to blind it. Still, if needed I can set the Pokemon against it while I get out of here... I'm sure I'll be able to replace them.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #234

"Sorry!" he yelled to his soggy opponent, "That was an accident, I swear." Even though he missed, the first move at least revealed what the Abra had besides Teleport, so a strategy could be formed. T.J. wasn't willing to press his luck with Mega Punch in the game. "Keep the pressure on, Dancho. Water Gun!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[8] Minimum check: 2
    Damage: (2d10)[11]+(1d6)[4]+8

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    As you extend the pokeball, the pidgeotto becomes even more loud and excited than before... though whether it likes it or is just getting angry, you're not quite sure.

Gavin:
    You find inside his pack several fusees- road flares. However, you quickly realize that using them would be moot: they create red light specifically designed to be easy on the eyes.

TJ:
    In an impressive show of evasion, the abra teleports out of the way of the incoming water gun once again... and in a somewhat less impressive show of evasion, the girl manages to get struck by the water gun once again, this time closer to her stomach. She's pretty much soaked at this point.
    The abra teleported to the other side of Dancho, between you and your pokemon this time.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhat perplexed, Adela lobs the Great Ball in her hand at the Pidgeotto. "Cooperate now, you hear? Don't fight it."

Spoiler
    Show

Capture Roll - (1d100)[73]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin swears under his breath as he pulls out the flares quickly, lighting them and placing them around the area, to illuminate more of the area. Finishing this, he moves towards the rock face, saying, "Garan, again, Curse." I'll take advantage of as much time as I have available... hopefully he'll at least serve as a better target than me. Moving back by the wall, Gavin looks around, watching carefully for movement, and saying, "Stay near me, Garan. When that Aerodactyl returns, occupy it." Turning back to the wall, he begins pulling out his tools, thinking to himself, I can try to see if there's anything of value here... if I'm lucky, the thing won't come back. If I'm really lucky, I'll be able to capture it without much trouble - it should be fairly valuable. Still... Gavin turns to look around at the darkness once again, before turning back to his task. I see no reason not to at least attempt to finish the job I came here for.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that I won't be getting away from here without fighting this thing. That said, I'm still going to try and look for fossils until something happens. Garan will be staying close enough to me that he can at least attempt to intercept the Aerodactyl if it comes at me.

Though I'm quite concerned that Gavin's going to meet a rather... unpleasant end here. I suppose it's to be expected, though.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

28. - Top - End - #238

"Are you okay?" T.J. called out to his opponent, "It's not my fault I swear." Dancho had hit her twice now. Her abra had been dodging Dancho too easily so far. He didn't want to get the same accident as her, so it was time for a change in strategy. "Dancho, Yawn!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dancho uses Yawn
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-09-13 at 05:17 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You throw the ball at the Pidgeotto... and it simply bounces off its hide, ruffling it a bit. Figures, really. This Pidgeotto, having been owned by a trainer, likely got used to frequent fighting and eating, so it hunts down whatever it sees... but at the same time, is drawn to aggressive trainers such as yourself.
    Due to the sheer number of trainers in the world- and the percentage of them who are abusive, or neglectful- often enough a pokemon who is still "marked" by a trainer will be let go or run away without being cleared of the previous trainer's "mark". Empty pokeballs will thus treat such a wild pokemon as owned, and will not capture it (unless modified to do so by a 'snagger).
    Pokemon like this are, however, more amicable towards humans, so it's easy enough to take them back to a pokemon center to be cleared. Usually.

Gavin:
    As you're finishing looting through Malcolm's pack, an arm leaps up and grabs you by the wrist. Malcolm's arm. He pulls, lifting himself up a bit, and blood gushes from his torn open shoulder.
    He looks you in the eyes, frantic, blood gushing from his mouth. He gulps a bit, trying to get out the words, but all that comes out is bloody spittle onto your face. Finally, he manages one word.
    "...Please..."
    He continues to grasp and gulp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to need a little more information: where Garan is, where the lit flare is, where the lantern is, where Gavin is, where Malcolm is, all in relation to each other, etc. Oh, also, the front end of the shotgun, with the flashlight attached, is resting off to the side, still lit.

TJ:

The Abra teleports, obviously anticipating another attack... and ends up on the other side of Dancho, between you and him (probably so that the next water gun would spray you and not her), but still very much within yawn range.
    ...You're honestly not sure whether it's effective, as the Abra is currently sitting down with its eyes closed. Maybe? Probably. It doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    "...James?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela rolls her eyes. Figured, really. But she'd never been one to give up halfway. "Now listen here, bird. I know you've had a trainer before. You like to eat and you clearly like to fight. I'm going down the road here, to a Center. If you want that sorta life back, you'll follow me."

She continues down the road to Axelo Town, using her ears, rather than her eyes, to see if the Pidgeotto would take her up on that offer.