New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    The flashlight is still lit? That... could prove useful. Very useful. Enough to give me a bit of a different plan. I'll assume that I only got the first flare lit and set down before Malcolm grabbed me - that seems like it was your intent as well, by all means, correct me if I'm wrong.
    As far as positioning... I'm going to assume that Malcolm was about 3 metres in from the end of the ledge. So...

{table] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J
    1|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
    2| | | | | | | | | |
    3| | | | |L| | | | |
    4| | | | | | | | | |
    5| | | | | | | | | |
    6| | | | | | | | | |
    7| | | | |G| | | | |
    8| | | |P|M|F| | | |
    9| | | | | | | | | |
    10| | | | | | | | | |
    11|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_[/table]

L: Lantern
    G: Gavin
    M: Malcolm
    P: Garan
    F: Lit Flare
    -: Wall
    _: Ledge

Looking at the bleeding man, Gavin sighs, reaching over and grabbing the shotgun barrel - and lit flashlight - from the ground nearby, pulling it over. Looking towards Garan, then down at Malcolm, Gavin says, "Garan, stay alert. If that thing shows up, you'll need to take it on, so be ready to Counter." As he speaks, he looks at the flashlight, then around himself, cautiously. Glancing down at the injured man, Gavin mutters, "I'm no doctor - and even if I tried to help you, with that thing still lurking about, it would probably get us both killed. If you can hang on until I can at least drive it off, maybe we'll both survive this." Unfortunately for you, I consider my survival - and my work, for that matter - to be more important. Looking around for hints of motion within the shadows, and listening intently for the sound of beating wings, Gavin grips the broken barrel tighter as he waits for the ancient Pokemon to return, placing his other hand over the flashlight to block its beam.

Spoiler
    Show
    I want to keep that as the positioning for Gavin, Garan, and the lit flare in relation to Malcolm - if that puts them somewhere else in relation to the lantern, that's fine. And no, I have no plans of attempting to save Malcolm unless he's still got a reasonable chance of survival after the Aerodactyl is no longer a threat. Though... I thought the Aerodactyl tore open his throat, from the earlier post, so I was assuming he was already dead. Still, dying is almost as good, I suppose.

Now, for questions:
    1.) To the best of Gavin's knowledge, can the flashlight's beam still effectively blind the Aerodactyl if it's near the flare(or the lantern)?
    2.) What is the light radius of the lantern?
    3.) What is the light radius of the flares?
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Good job, Dancho. Now..." T.J. took a few quick steps to the right to avoid an accident like his opponent had. "Water Gun!"
    Spoiler
    Show

T.J. moves one square to the right.

Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[7] Minimum check: 2
    Damage: (2d10)[4]+(1d6)[6]+8

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The water gun blasts the abra- a direct hit! And... it doesn't seem to be doing much. Maybe it's still asleep?
    Whatever, the girl is yelling at it. "Come on, James! You can do it! Get the slowpoke with a Mega Punch!"
    There's a hint of desperation in her voice- she can tell it's a losing battle, and the abra just sits there. Doing nothing. It's kindof sad, really. You could probably just pick it up and throw it in the bushes at this point.

Gavin:
    Malcolm pants heavily, clearly not in much a mood to wait. He continues to grunt, making a scene, and finally manages: "O...okay... just... please... I..."
    The rest of what he says is impossible to decipher. You're pretty sure that even if you left now with him, he'd die before he reached the surface. The amount of blood that's gushing out of his chest right now would need medical attention NOW if he was to have ANY chance of survival.
    Of course, Gavin's a smart guy, and well educated, so he could probably figure SOMETHING out. At the same time, though, can he really afford to put his whole focus into anything but fending off that Aerodactyl? If he's concentrating on something else, like bandaging up the poor sod, it could easily just swoop down and drop him into the chasm.

Adela:

The pidgeotto follows you a good ways, but after a time it starts lagging behind, and getting distracted. It's likely losing patience with the long walk.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

4. - Top - End - #244

Guilty. Guilty was a perfect way to describe how T.J. felt at that moment. His little push of righteous bravery had waned with the how this battle was going. The girl was more soaked than her Abra, and the desperation in her voice didn't go unnoticed. One more. I just want to hold on for one more and then I'll ask her to quit.

"Water... Water gun, Dancho." There's no more enthusiasm in his voice, he needs this battle over to actually talk to this girl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[10] Minimum check: 2
    Damage: (2d10)[7]+(1d6)[6]+8

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela sighs at the Pidgeotto. "You're worse than Vichi here at paying attention. And that's saying something." Vichi grumbles indignantly at this comment. His paws were sore, and he was just about ready to sleep as well.

"I'd stick you in a Pokeball if I could, but I can't. The sooner we all get on to Axelo Town, the sooner you can get back to your nice cushy life as a battler. And I'm NOT carrying you." Vichi looks up hopefully, widening his eyes in a silent plea. "Nope, not carrying you either. You can get in your Pokeball or walk another hour."

Vichi was torn. On one hand, he didn't like Pokeballs. Everything was weird. No blue. But he was tired. But not quite that tired. He sprinted ahead, pausing a good hundred feet or so down the road and waiting for his trainer to catch up.

Adela gauges the Pidgeotto's exhaustion. She wouldn't tolerate a bratty Pokemon, but if it was really tired, she might stop anyways. It was earlier than she'd prefer to stop, but losing an already trained Pokemon wasn't a good idea.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Giving one last glance at the downed man, Gavin looks around, peering through the darkness. Holding the flashlight ready, he mutters, "Garan, stay ready to Counter." Stepping back a bit from Malcolm, he moves his eyes over the darkness, hoping to locate the lurking Pokemon before it attacks. As he does, he thinks to himself, You know, Malcolm... had you done your job properly, neither of us would be in this situation. My safety may have been your responsibility, but keeping you alive isn't my problem.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The Water Gun blasts the Abra point blank, and sends it sprawling back.
    "James!"
    The girl runs over to her abra, kneeling down beside him. She lays a hand on the pokemon. There's a moment of silence, before her eyes widen, and she makes a sharp intake of breath.
    "You've killed him!"
    She instantly begins sobbing and blubbering, collapsing over the abra.
    "Why... Why, James..."
    Finally, she looks up at you, glaring through bloodshot eyes. She doesn't say anything- her accusatory stare is all she needs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dancho gained 30 xp!

Adela:
    It struck her more as that the Pidgeotto was restless as much as tired. Unable to comprehend your words, it wondered why you were just walking along and barking at it from time to time- it doesn't understand that you need to take it to a pokemon center before you can put it in a pokeball. The creature isn't meant for trailblazing, anyways: it's a fighter, not a traveler. Unless you could give it some sort of incentive to continue following you, it would likely go off to its own ends. Not that you couldn't come back to try to find it later- by then, its original pokeball might be destroyed, or catch another pokemon. Or the pidgeotto might also be off to parts unknown. Or taken by another trainer. Or killed, even, considering its attitude.

Gavin:
    You step back, and lie in wait. It's not long before you hear Malcolm's death rattle; perhaps your precaution was unnecessary. Still, you console yourself with the fact that you couldn't have known that.
    Soon enough, there is a crash from behind you: the aerodactyl is attacking the lantern! It picks it up in its jaw, and with a crunch and the glitter of shattering glass, it goes dark. Then it turns to you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have about 2 seconds worth of actions.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Biting of a curse, Gavin spins to face the Aerodactyl, and moves back, putting Malcolm's body between him and the ancient creature. "Garan..." he says, quietly, "Tackle him!" The Munchlax looks at the Aerodactyl, as if steeling itself for battle, and rushes forward, throwing himself at the winged Pokemon. As Garan moves, Gavin brings the flashlight's beam up at the Aerodactyl, hoping to blind the Rock Pokemon and aid Garan's attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gavin shifts behind Malcolm's body, and aims the flashlight at the Aerodactyl.
    Garan: Move towards Aerodactyl(I'm assuming it's within range).
    Garan's Attack: Tackle - Accuracy Check: (1d20)[14], Damage: [roll]2d10[roll] + (1d10)[4](For Weight Class) + (1d6)[2](STAB) + 13(Attack).

If the Aerodactyl isn't within Garan's attack range, let me know and I'll adjust my action accoringly.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela sighs and fishes around in her pockets for a bit of meat or something that the dumb bird might like to eat. "You're a real brat, you know that?" She holds out whatever she finds for the Pidgeotto. "Hungry?"

Vichi waits for a while. The trainer doesn't follow. Grumbling, he drags himself back to where she stands and flops down on her feet very pointedly. He shifts around for a bit, until his head is quite comfortably pillowed on her feet.

Adela looks down and sighs at the drowsing Riolu sitting on her feet. Things were never simple.

10. - Top - End - #250

"WHAT!? No! Nonononono!" T.J. starts running towards the two, tears in his eyes. "Oh God, please no!" He drops to his knees as soon as he reaches them, pulling out the potion he bought from the girl. "Please don't die. Please don't die." He uses the spray bottle on the unmoving Abra. "I swear," he says to the girl, "I didn't mean it. I would never do something like this on purpose. Not to someone's partner." He put his hand to the abra's neck, hoping they actually do have a pulse there. PLEASE GOD!

Spoiler
    Show
    One potion used.

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    You shine the light into the huge beast's eyes, and your ploy seems to be successful: the Aerodactyl is well blinded, shrieking and flailing around aimlessly. Garan bravely charges into the Aerodactyl, but this seems to be a mistake- it doesn't seem fazed at all by the attack, and worse yet, now it knows where one of you are! It waves its head around, maw wide open, and snags Garan with its lower jaw, snapping him into the air and then catching him by the leg, flailing him around, and finally flinging him to the side like a ragdoll. Garan goes careening through the air, landing near the edge of the abyss and, with his momentum... tumbling off the side. You try to snag him before he falls off the ledge, but Gavin was never exactly quick or deft, so it proves to be a fruitless effort.
    Meanwhile, the Aerodactyl is waving its head back and forth slowly, crawling forth on all fours clamped to the ground (unable to fly blind) and scanning the area. Its eyes are tightly shut, but you can hear it sniffing the air, trying to smell you out.

Ajadea:
    You find a piece of beef jerky, and as soon as you hold it out the pidgeotto freezes on its perch. It bends its head towards you, narrowing its eyes... and it's off!
    For the first time, you get a good idea of the size of this thing. On its feet, it would stand just a head shorter than you; but in the air, it's even bigger. It probably has about a fifteen foot wingspan, a mass of muscle and feathers... zooming in at you faster than your average automobile. At the last moment you flinch, ducking away from the pidgeotto, and for a moment you're surrounded by feathers, the flapping of wings, and a rush of air until it flies off again, to another perch, watching you, well, like a Pidgeot.

TJ:
    The girl continues to glare at you as you administer the potion. It does nothing.
    "Haven't you done enough? Just leave me and James be..."
    The venom in her voice is palpable, as she leans down onto James, sobbing into the pokemon.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin curses as he watches the Munchlax go flying off the edge of the platform, and grabs the lit flare, slipping the flashlight into his jacket as he moves back towards the rock bridge. Blast it all... hopefully he'll be content with the meal he's already got, he thinks to himself, moving as quickly as he can across the narrow walkway without risking a fall. If not, I suppose it's a good thing I have the other Pokemon... Gavin brings Lyle's Pokeball into his hand as he moves, his head twisting to search for any sign of movement within the shadows as he flees the ancient Pokemon, his remaining hand clutching the lit flare tightly. If nothing else, they definitely won't be getting any fossils from this place, given the caliber of trainers available to them... He turns his gaze back towards the path in front of him, trying to focus on the path in front of him and the sounds around him, in hopes of sensing an attempt by the Aerodactyl to attack him - and in order to fight back the panic threatening to consume him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gavin flees madly to the exit. Or as far as he can get, anyway.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela nearly trips over Vichi as she ducks out of the way of the mad bird. She carefully repositions herself so that falling over on her Pokemon becomes less of an issue and glares at the bird. "So, you know what food is," she says, thinking out loud, "But you don't seem to get that my head's not food. And I can't actually capture you properly." She sighs, throws the jerky at the pidgeotto, and begins setting up her tent for the night.

14. - Top - End - #254

"Oh, no. Don't cry, please." T.J. had to contemplate putting a hand on her shoulder. He eventually decides to. "We can take him to a Pokemon Center. Maybe it isn't too late. Put him in his pokeball and we might be able to save him. Please." He rather hypocritically wants to start blubbering himself. "I didn't mean it. This wasn't how it was supposed to go." He takes a big sniffle. "Please, let me help." His words are warped by his voice trying with all of its might to fight cracks and sobs.

My Characters

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    You make good your escape as the Aerodactyl is dazed, its groans and movements fading into the distance. For a minute or so- a long, long minute- all that can be heard is your footsteps, your heavy breathing, the sound of your pounding heart. And then, something resounds- something loud.
    Your ringtone.
    Normally you wouldn't get service this deep underground, but the Axelo mining company has the whole place wired up, and the area around it. In these dark, low caverns, deep and empty, your ringtone echoes off the walls and into the depths- and under its cheery tones, you can hear a sound that makes you quail- the echoing cry of a very angry Aerodactyl.

Adela:
    The Pidgeotto swoops down, snatching up the helpless bit of jerky and taking it to another perch. It kicks that beef jerky's ass. The poor beef jerky did not stand a chance against its mighty talons.
    Not much later, the Pidgeotto flies off, still unsated- dusk (and dawn, respectively) is prime hunting time. The bird seems to have a voracious appetite. As you're bedding down for the night, you hear the rustle of its feathers as it lands in the tree over your tent, coming to sleep as well.

After a restless night of sleep (a fidgeting Riolu that doesn't understand bedtime not quite helping), you wake up at about 6 am to find that the Pidgeotto is nowhere in sight.

TJ:
    The girl shakes her head, inconsolable. She speaks through gasps and sobs.
    "He didn't have a pokeball- James was my friend, not my slave. I couldn't afford one, anyways."
    She sniffs, composing herself to say something. Her glare at you intensifies.
    "Oh. I see. Is that what this is about? You want to make sure you're being paid?" She pulls the wad of money out of her pocket, shoving it in your face. "Here! Take it! I don't care anymore! Take it and leave me be- I can't stand to look at you."

16. - Top - End - #256

"No!" T.J. objects, "I was going to help you. I was always going to help. Win. Use the money for James and you. Make a friend. That was the plan." He scrapes the money up into a bunch and crushes it in a fist. "When I challenged you I didn't know you were poor, and when I fought I didn't know James was wi-" WILD. "ld." NO POKEBALL. It could work. If he was alive. If there was hope. HOPE. T.J stuffs his money into his pocket and rummages through his backback with both hands, pulling out a free pokeball. "Maybe this will work," he pleads, not sure who to. He presses the pokeball lightly against James.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[9]
    Pokeball adds +5 to roll

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela sighs when the pidgeotto is nowhere to be seen, and begins to clear up the campsite. Vichi, now wide awake and hyperactive once more, rushes around helping, making messes, and demanding food all at once. The sum total of his assistance comes out somewhere around zero. Adela gives him some food and eats breakfast herself, subconsciously stalling, waiting for the obstinate bird to return. Giving up was not something she was good at.

If, when everything is cleaned up and she and Vichi are fed, the pidgeotto does not return, Adela leaves anyways.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Shouting an expletive, Gavin pockets Lyle's Pokeball briefly to reach into his jacket and pull out the Pokedex. Tapping the button to ignore the call, he slides the device back into his pocket, and he continues rushing down the cavern. As he runs, he looks around, hoping to find a rock that he can throw back behind him - perhaps the noise would distract the Aerodactyl and help him get away. If I survive this, I'll have to remember to change that ringtone...
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    You silence your phone. Casting about for a rock proves useless: it's a damp cave, dripping sediment and all that, so everything's run smooth. You prepare yourself for the Aerodactyl- staring into the silent void- when you hear that sound again.
    Your ringtone. It's disgustingly cheery, really, the default ringtone for this particular brand of pokedex. You really need to change it to something a little more professional, but the thing's rather new, and you never got around to it. Whoever is calling you obviously really wants to get in touch, anyways.

TJ:
    You reach out with the pokeball, but she bats the pokeball out of your hand before you can do anything. She looks livid. "Just what in the hell are you trying to do? You almost kill James, and now you're trying to stuff him in that cage?" She snatches up the poke ball and tosses it into the nearby trees. "Don't you dare get one of those things near my friend!"

Adela:
    Sure enough, as you're eating breakfast you notice a rank smell in the air. It's coming from above... And you look up just in time for a pile of guts to fall into your lap.
    The big bird was landing in the tree above you, and in doing so dropped some of it's prey- a now unrecognizable, massive bundle of fur and gore. Apparently it had already been picking at it. Might've been a Raticate...
    You notice it peeling off bits and intentionally dropping them on you- whether it was trying to annoy you, feed you or simply ridding it's food of the less choice bits and ignorant of your presence, is difficult to tell.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-11-06 at 12:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

"It's the only way I can tell for sure if he's alive or not, YOU IDIOT! Do you want to save him or NOT!?" he snapped. For a moment, he sits there seething at her. Does this girl not care? Is she just going to sit there, wrapped up in her own misconceptions about Trainers, while every second is tearing James chances of survival down? She's grieving, of course she's acting irrationally, he thought. If I lost Dancho, my heart would probably stop.

Realizing what he just said to the poor girl, he clamps his hands over his mouth and drops his head to his knees. He loosens the hands over his mouth enough to squeak out an apology. "I-I am so sorry. I never would have kept him. He would have been yours, same as always. Y-you could have released him from the pokeball at any time. Even if you didn't, they... Pokeballs aren't..." He didn't have it in him. To tell the girl how wrong she was. To tell her about him and Dancho. It would be like rubbing salt in her wounds. "Let me take you to the Center, at least. Please! Don't make me leave you here!"

My Characters

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, for the love of..." Gavin mutters, continuing his desperate attempt at escape. Bringing up the Pokedex, he taps the answer button, and says, "Call me back when I'm not running for my life!" before tapping the button to end the call. I just need to get out of here... Ignoring the pain in his leg Gavin continues running, desperately trying to come up with some idea that could slow - or stop - the pursuing Aerodactyl.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2011-11-15 at 07:39 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela stands up hurriedly, backs away several paces, and does her best to get the guts off of her. She most certainly does not scream, though it is a near thing. "And a good morning to you as well," she grumbles. She does not go back for her food. Getting a pile of steaming guts in one's lap does wonders for killing appetite. Vichi looks up at the pidgeotto, back at his trainer, and then steals her breakfast off her plate and eats it.

She finishes packing up the last bits of stuff, keeping an eye on the pidgeotto. When she's ready to leave, she waits a moment, looking up at it. "Let's go." Vichi nods, stuffs the last bit of cracker into his mouth, and follows.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    The girl seems taken aback- even afraid- at your outburst. It looks like you've only made things worse.
    After you plea with her, though, she seems to calm down a bit. Sniffs, rubs her eye, and picks up her Abra.
    "O-Okay..."
    As she picks him up, though, he just sortof hangs limply. Seeing that, it only makes things worse- she starts to sob uncontrollably again. But at least she's up, and going along with you. There seems to be hope yet.

Then, you see walking up out of the blue... that girl from Heartshome! The slap girl! She looks a mess, though. Even more than before. She has two black eyes, and is covered in dried blood, and is being followed by a large Pidgeotto, much like the one you saw before with the Murkrows, if not the selfsame bird even.

Adela:
    As you begin to walk off, the Pidgeotto squawks, and flaps its wings, but doesn't move. It seems to want to finish its meal. And it seems to be taking its sweet time, that's for sure.
    Still, soon enough you're on the road, when you see an interesting sight out of the blue... that boy from Heartshome! The apologetic boy! He doesn't seem too apologetic now, though. He's currently yelling at a young girl in a straw hat, who is sobbing and wailing uncontrollably.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Halfling in the Playground

Thomas Byrd was not in the mood for this. He'd barely slept in the past few days on the road. Now, after only an hour or two of shut-eye, he was woken by crying and shouting.

Uggghhh... Now I know what a Magikarp feels like everyday of its miserable little life. Pathetic.

Packing up his camp, Byrd climbed out onto the road to see a crying girl in a straw hat, a shouting boy and a girl covered in blood walking towards them.

I'm gonna get blamed for this aren't I...

Byrd fires off a few shots with his camera, and calmly lets Gonzo out of his Pokeball. The Magby looks around curiously, taking in the scenery then looking up at Byrd. For the first time this morning, actual coherent words came out of Byrd's mouth.

Good boy. I'll let your brother out after this. In the meantime... WHAT THE F*#% IS GOING ON?
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-15 at 04:17 PM.
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks to drKarling for the avatar.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela's eyes go wide, but only for a moment. "Hey, you!" she yells, speeding up a little. Yes, tall guy with a fat pink 'poke, that was definitely him. Timothy? Maybe? Looked like he'd grown some sort of backbone. Unlike the straw hat girl, who was blubbering quite loudly. Vichi again tugs at her hand, trying to escape her grip. She clenches her fist tighter around his paw rather reflexively. Wouldn't do to have Vichi running off. "What're you doing out here?"

26. - Top - End - #266

Not nearly as much backbone as Adela thinks, because if she saw him yelling she'll probably see him drop his head the lowest yet.

At the girls acceptance of his help, he attempts to help support the girl's abra to keep it from getting worse. "I'm sure we can make it if we hurry. Don't worry."

When he finally does notice Adela he gets another quick burst of hope. "A-A-A-Adela!" he yells running to her, right after he makes sure James' head doesn't drop. He notices the blood and stops a foot or three shorter than he initially planned. Even this close up she can probably see the red in his eyes and hear the hoarseness of his voice. He had probably been crying as much as the straw hat girl had. His words are still the mile-a-minute the emergency situation demanded. "Am I glad to see you. I hurt this girl's abra really badly in a battle, it's wild so we can't return it to a pokeball, and when I tried to catch it for her she knocked my last ball away. I think she's okay with using one now, so can I please borrow a pokeball? I swear I'll pay you back immediately after we get to the Pokemon Center."

Finally at this new man's shouting and swearing he turns from his attention from Adela to the man. "I'm sorry, sir!" he shouts, not really even sure what he should be sorry for. The man may get the feeling he's going to hear that a lot from this kid.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-11-15 at 08:05 PM.

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Halfling in the Playground

Don't apologize kid, I'm just an irritable SOB when I wake up.

Byrd looks around surveying the damage.

"This is so FUBARed. Has anyone even thought to check the Abra's vitals? Is it breathing? Those things sleep ALOT, let me tell you. My old boss got one for his daughter. Had it two weeks before they thought it had died, almost buried the poor thing. Woke up halfway through digging the grave. Long story short, it does his taxes now."

He then reaches into his bag to take out his Pokedex and a Pokeball. He mumbles and activates the Pokedex, then hands the Pokeball to the boy.

Here, use one of mine. I'll be expecting some payment for it later though. It ain't on the house.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate Pokedex to get info on the Riolu, Abra and Slowpoke. Can a Pokedex identify the vitals of a Pokemon; you know, see if it's still alive and what not?
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-15 at 06:15 PM.
    Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks to drKarling for the avatar.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela grins at TJ - yes, that was his name, she remembered now. Combined with the Raticate remnants on her clothes and her blackened eyes, the grin makes her look quite ghastly. "Now that's a first," she says. "Someone who's actually glad to see my face."

She's about to unclip a pokeball from her belt, but the stranger got to it first. "Dunno what's going on. I just got here."

29. - Top - End - #269

"W-Well, it's easier to ask for help from someone I've spoken to before," he answers, "I d-don't know if you've noticed but I get nervous around new people."

He accepts the new man's gift with "Th-Thank you so much, sir," T.J. says, as a smile dares to creep across his face.

He takes the ball over to the straw hat girl. "I want to try this one more time. With your permission, can I please try to help your friend? I swear you can have him back, you can even undo the catch at the center, right after he heals."

If the girl says yes he will attempt to catch the abra one last time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Catch roll: Pending Permission (1d100)[47]
    Pokeball adds +5

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Note: The events referenced here occured in a real-time session outside of the forums.

Gavin sighs as he enters the Pokemon Center, making his way to the PC to access the storage system. As he does, he reflects on the events of the day. The job for the mine was nothing short of a disaster... though at least something salvageable came of it. I somehow managed to capture that Aerodactyl, so it at least was worthwhile. Fortunately I won't have to deal with that foreman again... the audacity of him, to have me dragged off the premises just for pointing out the inadequacy of the men he sent with me, and the fact that I nearly died with them because he sent them into a situation they weren't nearly capable enough to handle - it's ridiculous. Withdrawing his new Abra from the online storage, Gavin quickly heads over to the reception counter, handing his Larvitar and Aerodactyl over for treatment and requesting a room. At least Marcus's news was better... I never thought that the sample I sent in would be that big a find, though. Just the fact that this stuff... this Omni can teach normally unlearnable moves to a Pokemon is remarkable, but to make a Pokemon loyal instantly? Or to cause it to evolve with no training whatsoever? It's astonishing... With something like that to give the higher-ups, it's no wonder that Marcus got promoted to Senior VP of Chem Research. So long as he doesn't forget who gave that serum to him, it's certainly not a bad thing - and he did give me that Abra, not to mention the funds both for my own travels and to hire other trainers to help me in my search for those fossils I've heard about. Still... I'll start towards Moira Town in the morning, and see if I can find anyone there - there's a Gym in that town as well that I can check out. Being able to get a couple badges will make it easier for me to get the attention of competent trainers - it likely will make it easier for me to hire people for my expedition. That's for tomorrow, though... After cleaning himself up, Gavin climbs into the bed in the small room, falling asleep almost immediately. His last conscious thought before sleep claims him is, I still need to change that ringtone, though...

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, what's the cost of treatment for Pokemon? I know it's 200 Poke for the room.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM