New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Taking out his messaging device, Abel confirmed the instructions and extra funds. While he wasn't exactly thrilled to spend time with the woman, he recognized that as partners they would need to rely on one another. It would be beneficial to earn her trust and learn how to read her.

Putting on a reserved smile, Abel stowed the device back in his pack. He let his voice drop the professional tone a bit, "Extra funding, and they don't even tell us what we have to buy with it? I'm not going to complain." Not that he approved of wasting it on expensive hotels. "So, April, was it? What sort of Pokemon do you have on you? Besides Isaac, I only have the standard issue Zubat at the moment." He nodded towards the town's Pokemon Center, signaling to talk while they walked. It would be a good place to get a feel for the region, maybe eavesdrop on some conversations and ask around to see what's happening in the area.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    Mercury "stands" on top of the water, arms crossed, and still leering as you talk. Maybe he (she?) couldn't understand you, though he/she/it seemed to understand Lana fine. Ghost Pokemon, eh.
    Steeling yourself and taking a deep breath, you dive back underneath the water. You see once more the quiet, dim menagerie of life, but your deeper dive this time reveals something that was previously hidden to you: a lone Feebas, floating serenely in the midst of some lush water-dwelling grasses. It likely thinks itself hidden, but you were able to spy its distinctive fins among the flora. As you emerge, you also notice another rare Pokemon: a Wartortle, crawling out of the water to sunbathe on the bank of the river. Unlike the Feebas, it's certainly noticed you, but of course it pays you no mind: the Squirtle line is notoriously cocky and flippant, being commonly unruly teammates (though of course as loyal as any well trained Pokemon), as well as being extremely popular due to their use by none other than Champion Red himself. On the other hand, though, what girl doesn't want a Milotic?
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

The trainer almost lets out a gasp when he sights the Wartortle darting on to shore but catches himself in time to subdue his excitement as well as potential drowning. As quietly as he can manage, Nathan kicks his way to the riverbank and climbs out of the water, meeting the water turtle's eyes as his hands reach for the Pokeballs just on his...belt...

...that he'd left up the face of the cliff when he'd jumped into the water. Pinching the bridge of his nose, Nathan releases a long suffering sigh and curses himself for his haste. He looks at the nearby ghost Pokemonfor support. Regardless of any sympathy the leering spirit might have in...whatever ghost Pokemon call hearts, the trainer glances at the Wartortle out of the corner of his eye. "I really should have brought Ender down here with me..."

"M-mercury, do you think it would be much of a bother if you, I don't know, grabbed my Pokeballs for me?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    Without skipping a beat Mercury just up and floats away, probably to do as you say. By the time you consider that trusting it with your Pokemon may not have been the best idea (and then realizing it's probably better to trust them with it than with whoever might happen to be walking by), it returns with a poke ball in each hand: Jiraiya and Ender, it seems.
    The Wartortle, for its part, thumps its tail a bit, turns in a circle on all fours, and fearlessly, fecklessly, curls up to take a nap.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

"Tch." Nathan clicks his tongue in spite of himself, crossing his arms as the water Pokemon refuses to give him the time of day. Sure, this was expected from a species as pugnacious wartortle but it rankled on his nerves in a way he was sure only a Kanto trainer could understand. He mutters beneath his breath as he releases both of his Pokemon. "Whatever, Charmeleon are way cooler anyway..." At least they were cute for a stage of their life before becoming unruly, warrior-types.

With only a bit of annoyance marring his face, he half turns to face his Magneton. "Ender, start this off by giving it a little zap and get back behind me Jiraiya. I'm going to see how well your new teammate can handle himself in a fight. If things look bad, I'm going to be relying on you, okay?" Then, bending down to the poisonous frog's height he points at the nearby wartortle and simply says, "We're going to be battling him. Let's see what you've got."

Spoiler
    Show
    Gonna start off with a Thunderwave. If need be, I'll spend my first round switching to Jiraiya if I can't immediately open up the fight with him.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shakes her head. "Human civilization is overrated anyway." She finishes her food, making twice as much small talk as she'd predicted, though she does at least have the presence of mind to not mention the door, or their plans for it. At the end of the meal, she politely excuses herself and heads away to talk to Lina. "You got something against Alex or just having a bad day in general?" she asks.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

frown Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Okay, well, I think this has gone on long enough. There've been way too many gaps in my posting, and I think this has to be the last one- I think we've lost so much steam at this point that getting it back is going to be impossible... or at least much harder than I'm willing to put the effort into. I thought starting a new recruitment thread would revitalize this game, but it just made it harder. So, I'm sorry- especially to you, Wombat (though I guess equally so to those of you who've stuck around this long), but I think it's time to take Aschen Adventures behind the shed.
    Expect a PM from me with your respective epilogues shortly.