New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Against his better judgement, Nathan followed the movement. He wasn't entirely sure what was causing the commotion but anything that could shift the ground like that definitely deserved a spot on his team (or kill him but Nathan tended away from thoughts like that).

And it would give him something to do at any rate. Her would look into some sort of entertainment in the next town. Or perhaps a sort of vehicle.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Attempting at covering his face with one hand, he reaches for a pokeball and tries to catch the attacking Murkrow. Even with the other Murkrow down T.J. had to keep Danco offensive. Pokemon sleep moves would only last for a minute at most. He shouts to Dancho to continue his attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Catch Roll with Pokeball (1d100)[100]
    Dancho attacks sleeping Murkrow that was just on top of him.
    Water Gun (1d20)[4] Minimum check 2
    Damage: (2d10)[13]+(1d6)[2]+8

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

Waking up...well, it still hurt. But not as much. So...progress. Technically. "Vichi, get up, we're leaving," Adela snaps. After breakfast, she heads out to Route 423, running her hand occasionally over the Great Ball with the Magikarp in it. You are Bane, she decides, her mental words savage in her mind. Fits too. The damn thing is going to kill someone or something sooner or later.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

After pinpointing the origin of the rumbling, Nathan slid the baton out of his bag and warily drew toward the epicenter of movement. Reaching down he carefully pried the stone loose so as to determine the exact nature of shifting stone.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-11 at 07:00 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding, Gavin says, "Yeah, I'll just stay here for the day, then..." and hands over the money in his wallet, sighing to himself. I'll see how much I can get for this stone tomorrow... "Where are the rooms?" he asks, wanting to get some rest.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    At the epicenter of your throw, the pokeball slips out of your hand, flying straight up into the air. You realize what comes up must come down, and duck out of the way of the wayward ball... just as the murkrow is flying at your face again. The pokeball lands on it, absorbing it into the ball... and it wiggles... and it's caught!
    The sleeping murkrow, though, are beginning to stir... and the Pidgeotto is simply staring at you with keen eyes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You failed so spectacularly your failure reached the very bottom of all failures, and came out the other side somewhere in success.
    Level 3 Murkrow, female, modest nature. No special moves.

Adela:
    As you're just about to head out of the pokemon center, a young man barges in, tossing a pokeball at the nurse from across the room. You notice that it's a custom ball, with an elegant yellow and white design engraved on a black surface. She nimbly catches it, and with a dry tone, she simply says "Good to see you again, too, Brandon", as she takes it to the machine.
    He's about 16 or 17, lean, with a dark shock of red hair. By the way he holds himself he looks rather stuffy, belied by the smirk on his face. "Finally, some new blood! I was starting to go stir crazy here." He looks you up and down, cocking an eyebrow at Vichi. "Well, how about it, trainer? Can that pet Riolu of yours fight?" He nods, holding up what looks like an ultra ball but dark red in place of yellow with one hand in a gesture of challenge.

Nathan:
    You lift up the rock, and find underneath it a drillbur, if you could even call it that. You could likely hold it in the palm of your hand- it's obviously an infant. It feebly reaches out a claw, making drillbur-noises, though very high pitched and weak. You have the feeling that if you just leave it there it'll likely die, unless its mother is somewhere around.

Gavin:
    This pokemon center is a simple one-story place, and it's less of a motel, like Heartshome, and more of a hostel-style dormitory affair- two rooms of six bunk beds each, one for males and one for females. There's also a small kitchen, and two communal bathrooms, one for each room. It's very compact and efficiently organized- you're surprised they managed to fit all this in this size of building, let alone the whole pokemon center as well.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Damn.

Much as he hated to admit it, he had a weak spot for these sorts of things. Baby* pokemon were incredibly fragile insofar as battle was concerned, but the deceiving frailty spoke of untold reserves of potential.

At this thought he frowned.

Potential was only valuable when one lived long enough to tap into it. Where was the creature's mother? Had they been separated? Would she be coming back though? Was she capable of returning even? Too many questions, and only one answer.

"A sad fate indeed..." he muttered. There was little doubt in his mind that the creature would die if left alone. He had been wrong before of course, but a Frost man never left things up to chance if he could help it.

Reaching into his bag he withdrew a sky blue balled lined with yellow markings and gently tapped it against the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100-20)[-16]

<hr>
    *Baby as in infantile Pokemon, not the term for typically reserved for Pichus and such.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-12 at 03:02 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes," Adela snaps. Punching the guy in his smug little face, while it might relieve some of her stress, seemed like a bad idea at the moment. Vichi looked like he was having similar thoughts. "What do you have?" she asks, glancing at the custom ball. Too late, she realizes the insult in her tone, but it couldn't be helped anymore.

9. - Top - End - #159

"Huh?" It was all he could say staring into the pokeball he just picked up. Stunned and embarassed, he turned to see if Dancho noticed. Dancho seemed to be focused on the murkrow, so if he did notice he was polite enough not to say anything. "Dancho, just attack it again, and then we'll work on the last one." He moves next to Dancho and administers a potion to his partner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[4] Minimum check:2
    Damage (2d10)[8]+(1d6)[2]+8
    T.J. moves back to Dancho.
    Potion: (1d10+10)[15]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    The man seems more amused than put off by your tone. "What do I have? Well-"
    He's cut off, though, by the professor, who you only now notice has been watching from the balcony above. She glares down at Brandon.
    "I will not have you battling, friendly or no, in my pokemon center. If you wanted a fight, you should've been here two days ago when we sent out the distress call. I would've thought you, if anyone, would show up."
    His face twitches, but he resumes his confident smile. "Well, I'm sorry, but I wasn't exactly in a position to help at the time. You see, I was-"
    Cut off. "I don't care where you were, the fact is you weren't here. Now I believe your pokemon is finished recovering, so take it and get out."
    He sighs, smiles at you and shrugs, then fetches the other pokeball, paying the nurse (who is looking like she's torn between feeling apologetic for Brandon and angry at him for setting off the professor) for the service.
    The Professor then turns her stern glare towards you.
    "And you. I don't care what you did yesterday, and I don't care what you do today, but any further injuries you incur will be on your dollar, not mine."
    Brandon turns to you and rolls his eyes. "Well come on, let's do what the good professor says and leave her to her business."

"There's a gym not far from here. Come on."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Gym" is something of a catchall term for "place to do pokemon battles". Naturally, they're often located near pokemon centers.

"So, you ask me what I have?"
    He throws down his pokeball, and releases a sizable magmar. He snaps a finger, and it walks alongside him.
    "I'm glad I finally found someone who might be a challenge. I've been battling my sister whenever I have the chance here, but really, clefairy? Hardly a challenge. I miss Kanto- there were far more trainers there, and ones who were really serious about the profession."

Nathan:
    The Drillbur is absorbed, and caught without even a wiggle.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 2 Drillbur. Male. Naive nature. No special moves.

TJ:
    And Dancho takes out another one. The last is still asleep.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-12 at 03:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Thankfully, the tiny Pokemon was caught without much fuss. Nathan clipped the Quick Ball to his belt and continued on the path. The sooner he was out of the heat, the sooner he could examine his capture in greater detail. Axelo Town couldn't be that much further could it?

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"Of course, Adela says absently, tugging Vichi out of the center. Really, it wasn't like her plans involved getting another Magikarp to the face or being slammed into a wall by that Magmar. "So, where were you two days ago anyways?"

13. - Top - End - #163

"Alright Dancho," he said to his slowpoke, still a little embarassed from the earlier pokeball mishap. "Let's just make sure that last one doesn't follow us." T.J. points to the Murkrow he pushed off. The last thing he needed was the murkrow waking up thirty seconds later with a grudge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Water Gun
    Accuracy: (1d20)[12] Minimum check:2
    Damage (2d10)[7]+(1d6)[1]+8

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    You reach Axelo town. It's not a planned city, there is constant traffic of pickups and larger trucks going through, and all the buildings are pretty homogenous, made out of wood, so it's a pain to get around or find anything.
    Gavin, too:
    To the north of the town, at the base of the mountain, is the mines: it's semi-open to the public, as the miners tend to find pokemon related paraphernalia and sell it off at lower prices than the marts in major cities can manage. They also deal in a sort of safari zone: once in a while they come across pokemon infested areas, and allow trainers to go in and hunt at their leisure for free. Initially this made Axelo a popular area for trainers, but now the primary appeal is just the stones and fossils and such- the "safari zones", as it got deeper and deeper, are getting more and more dark and dangerous. After the first dozen or so deaths, only hardcore trainers dare venture into the depths- zubat and clefairy have been replaced by gengar and steelix.

Adela:
    Brandon sniffs. "I was out at sea on my father's yacht. We were hours away- frankly, I'm surprised the distress call even reached that far. It would've been a waste of time to bother at all, anyways."
    You reach the gym- it's a small affair, this being Heartshome. A bored clerk waits at the front, ushering you in- the place is empty at the moment.
    "Make it a clean fight, kids. Just ask me if you need anything. And remember, the League is waived of responsibility for any injuries to your person or pokemon."
    Brandon waves a hand. "Yes, yes, I've heard it all before.
    Entering the gym proper, you find a utilitarian, rectangular arena, with chairs on the side for bystanders, a small square at either thin end of the rectangle for the trainer to stand in, and a circle before each square as a start area for pokemon.
    "Well then, let's get this thing started. Magmar." He enters his square, and the magmar stands in its area.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, you can do some pre-game back and forth, or send your pokemon in.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela nods. "Let's do this, Vichi." The Riolu jumped into the field, doing a little flip as it did so. Showoff, Adela thinks, rolling her eyes.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-07-13 at 05:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan arrived at Axelo Town's Pokemon Center in shrot order. It was smaller than he wass used to seeing but serviceable enough. After finding a relatively quiet spot in the center, Nathan set down his belongings and released the new addition to his team. New Pokemon were always problematic, but the sooner he addressed the issue the sooner he could start training. If what he remembered was correct, Drilburs evolved into a powerful steel-type.

Gulping nervously, he released the freshly caught Pokemon...

...and was surprised to find the mole Pokemon hugging his leg tightly.

Had the Drilbur mistaken him as some sort maternal figure? He was no mother, but one look into the mole's wide eyes made him reconsider.

Bending down, Nathan gently patted the Pokemon's head. "I think I'll name you Simon. It's a name destined for greatness you know?"

His only response was a happy squeal and a tighter grip on his lag.

"Just you wait Simon, yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens..."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    Brandon nods. "Well then, magmar, open up with a smog!"
    The magmar inhales deeply, then blasts out of its mouth a thick, dark cloud of acrid smoke. It envelops Vichi fully, and even goes past to Adela a bit. As soon as it hits her her eyes start watering, and her skin tingles, and every orifice burns. She can only imagine what Vichi is enduring.
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 poison special damage. Vichi is poisoned.

Bad Situation & Gavin:
    You see each other in the Pokemon Center! Wacky hijinks and unmitigated japery doubtlessly ensue.

TJ:
    And the last Murkrow is down. The pidgeotto is still watching, and seems more tense than ever.
    240 xp to Dancho.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-17 at 06:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

With the murkrow taken care of, T.J. recalled Dancho, as he was no longer needed out in the heat. He then turned to the Pidgeotto and pulled out a potion. This would probably be the toughest thing he did all day. It could either end with the friendship of a currently wild bird pokemon, with a chance for partnership down the line, or talons. He had an understandable feeling that bird pokemon would be his least favorite to fight in the wild, especially if they always went for the face. Setting the potion down on thin air and giving it a gentle nudge forward he and the potion moved slowly towards the wounded bird,the bottle always a few feet ahead of him. He held his hands open and forwards in the universal sign for "I'm unarmed, please don't attack my face," and kept them there even after realizing it was pointless to show you were unarmed when you were literaly floating a bottle of medicine with your mind. T.J. stopped a half-way awaiting some sign from the pidgeotto before going any further.

Spoiler
    Show
    Telekinesis on the Potion bottle.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2011-07-17 at 09:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela wipes her eyes angrily. She was suddenly being reminded of why she hated onions with a passion. "Cross Chop!" Might as well open up with the stronger sort of move.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20)[11]
    Damage - (4d20+9)[56]
    STAB - (1d6)[4]

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Turning to head in the direction the receptionist indicated the rooms were, Gavin blinks as he sees a familiar individual sitting down, with a mole-like Pokemon clinging to him. Nodding, he makes his way over carefully, wincing as he moves. "Well, this is certainly a surprise. I hadn't expected to see you here, Nathan... for some reason, I had thought you might try trekking straight through the desert to Sandberg." Sighing as he sits down near the younger trainer, and setting the cane to his side, his tone becomes more cynical as he says, "I see you've found another Pokemon for your team... I hope your new addition didn't give you as much trouble as mine did - if such a thing is even possible..."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan regarded Gavin casually. Meeting another trainer wasn't unexpected, but he was surprised that it happened so soon. Still, it wouldn't do to leave the man hanging for so long, "I had planned on the desert route but turned back when I realized that Ender would be no good on his own."

It was a lie, but it certainly wasn't untrue. Ender was powerful, but going up against a ground-type at this point was practically suicide.

"And no, Simon didn't give me any trouble. He's practically a baby."

It seemed as if Gavin had caught a new Pokemon as well. At any rate, it wouldn't hurt to scope out another trainer's team.

"So what exactly gave you so much trouble?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Double Post.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-18 at 07:27 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

"Nothing much," Gavin says, a bitter tinge lying underneath the calm of his manner, "Just a Larvitar that attempted to take my foot off, and nearly succeeded before I could capture it. And unfortunately, as I mentioned back in Heartshome, my specialties don't lie in the medical field - the bite became rather badly infected." He sighs, before continuing, "I'm fortunate I had the funds to cover my own treatment as it is - I'll be hoping to find a way to make some money tomorrow, so that I can get both my Pokemon tended to before I head onwards to Sandberg. Still," Gavin chuckles a bit, a self-depreciating smirk on his face, "I suppose you see now why I don't want to try a solo expedition. On the other hand, if I can get it to evolve, a Tyranitar would be a very potent Pokemon to possess, wouldn't you agree?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

"A Tyrannitar? Yeah, they're pretty powerful I guess. But if it's power we're talking about I'm more interested in a Metagross."

If Nathan were any less of a trainer he would probably be envious of Gavin's acquisition of such a powerful Pokemon. Fortunately for him, Tyranitar was probably his least favorite Pokemon powerhouse. The armored Pokemon had power in spades, but were one of the riskier choices in Pokemon he'd seen in the televised battles. They were relatively slow and were weak to many common tournament Pokemon but when used properly they could sweep entire teams.

It made him wonder though, where had Gavin obtained such a powerful Pokemon? He would need a powerhouse on his team for any upcoming tournaments, and the sooner he caught one the better.

"So where did you find it? I'll probably be sticking around for a bit to train Simon, and if I see a good Pokemon I probably wouldn't give up the chance to capture one."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2011-07-18 at 11:16 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, it was on a path just off the standard route, along the beachfront. I was fortunate enough to meet someone headed that way - they gave me a lift for part of the trip." Smiling, even as he pulls out his Pokedex to look up the information on Drillbur, Gavin says, "What of Simon, here? Where did you come across him?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

"I found him on the road to Axelo. He was separated from his mother so I took pity and caught him."

Nathan hadn't intended on a long conversation, but if it was going to happen it might as well be of something beneficial.

"Say, do know where I could get a battle around these parts? I was hoping for a light battle to get Simon used to fighting."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    Vichi strikes the Magmar, sending it reeling back. It stumbles around for a bit, and Brandon bites his lip, nervous... but then it regains its balance, back in the game.
    "Alright! Magmar, use Fire Spin now!"
    The Magmar spins its head around, exhaling a thin stream of flame that loops and curls, landing on and around Vichi, trapping him entirely in a ring of fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay. First of all, that was 17 damage before resistance. Second, you should've taken poison damage that turn, and third, in case you didn't know, poison reduces special defense by 2 steps.
    Finally, Vichi takes 21 (before defense) fire damage from fire spin, and is trapped.

TJ:
    The pidgeotto stares at you with keen eyes, wary... then sees the potion. It burbles, and hops off its log, staring at it expectantly. It still keeps you at arm's length, but it certainly gets within range of a telekinetically moved potion.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-19 at 01:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Even through the smog and fire, Adela could see that Vichi was quite clearly down. "Return," she snaps, pulling out the Riolu's Pokeball and pulling him back in. No way she was sending out that Magikarp before she taught it anything. If tears shone in her eyes, she'd blame it on that cursed smog.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Brandon stares through the flames with slitted eyes, watching intently... then hears Adela's return. The crook of his mouth turns up, and he claps. "Excellent battle! Excellent. Quite intense, really. You had me at the edge of my seat.
    Good job, Magmar." He pulls a hyper potion out of his belt, giving the Magmar a quick spray and tossing the mostly empty canister in the nearby garbage can. He throws you a Full Restore. "Good show. Your pokemon earned it."
    He nods. "So, ah... you know, I don't believe I ever got your name, anyways."
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2011-07-19 at 02:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela snatches the Full Restore out of the air, fingers fumbling for only a moment on the smooth plastic. "Thanks. My name's Adela." She grins. "I thought about sending out my other Pokemon for a bit. Thought better of it though. No matter how violent the Magikarp is, fact remains it's still no good for land battling."