New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [EMPIRE!] The First World's Fair

Lancaster, Celero
    358 of the Common Era

Even by any other name, Lancaster would be called a small city. The Royal Palace barely sits outside its borders, in the nearby town of Nothborough. For all its quaintness, it houses one of the largest buildings in all the world; the Great Library of Lancaster.

Most visitors are quick to compare it to the University of Severikand. Although the University is the largest institute of higher learning in the known world, nothing yet discovered can compete with the sheer volume of volumes in the Library of Lancaster in tiny Celero.

It took nearly 25 years to build to completion, and King Andust promised to see it built before the end of his reign. Nearly all the marble in the Kingdom had been used to build it, and most of that was scrounged from other sources besides. The pride of its architect was the generous use of Gunung obsidian inlays in nearly every surface he could manage.

The old King pondered in his chair. He could barely walk without a cane anymore, and felt guilty for stealing some of the glory years of his daughter, but he was determined to have at least one last grand hurrah, one more moment in the spotlight, before he left behind nothing more than a legacy of perceived tomfoolery.

If only Heinrich were here today. He would know how to best proceed with all those promises I have made.

It's truly simple, fool. Only make promises you can keep, and then act on them.

The King smiled as he saw his first guests entering the grand hall. His distant cousin, clad in the robes of his order was at the kiosk nearest the podium at center of the room.

What is he calling himself now? Witness Aldreth?

It's not that difficult to recall, brother. Cousin Aldreth is indeed calling himself a witness. He is one of the members of the Radurjic Faith. Many of your people have converted, do you not remember?

"Of course I remember!" Andust said aloud. Some nearby Celrese citizens gave the king puzzled looks, but most did not seem to care or hear.

Careful, you had best remember to not address me when our guests are present. The Doomkhan needs no encouraging.

I wonder if I'll see my grandchildren here today. The old King thought. Ancestors know I see so little of them.

The earliest arriving guests began to look a little impatient, and an aide was trying to get the King's attention. All the while Andust appeared to be lost in thought at the podium erected in the main hall.

Upon realizing he was the one holding things up, the King spoke up, once again, embarrassed to be one representing his country as King.

"My friends, foreign dignitaries, heads of state, and sages the world over, let me heartily welcome you to the first World's fair, here in lovely Lancaster, in my home of Celero!

"Within these grand halls, is not only the largest collection of books that has ever been seen, but also many of the wonders of the great kingdoms gathered before you! Never before has a more varied gathering of great minds been gathered in one place!"

Except, perhaps, the University of Severikand. Trust me brother, you don't give them enough credit.

Andust ignored the spectre of his brother a moment, to continue his speech.

"It is with my highest hopes, that you all learn something, and are inspired to build upon the foundation of knowledge in your future pursuits. I now declare the World's Fair to be officially open!"

The King sighed, as the crowd gathered clapped. He would rather have had cheers, but not many were that enthused about the Library, let alone the World's Fair within. At least, not anyone that the King had noticed.

This may very well be a phenomenal waste of money. Andust sighed. Heinrich should have been King.

I know brother, but the people would have never accepted me. Better for me to do my work as I do.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-25 at 05:13 PM. Reason: To add the date
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [EMPIRE!] The First World's Fair

Surprisingly, despite his health problems, the King of Ashenia had chosen to make the trip to Celero, even though his physicians had told him he couldn't ride any more. As a result, the trip was slow with many stops, but still, they made it to Lancaster on time, a day early in fact.
    As such, the King of Ashenia was there for Andust's opening speech, though he appeared to be dozing in the ornate chair he had brought with him. At the end of the speech, the scholars and sages who had accompanied him went forth, eager to test the King of Celero's claims that his library was the greatest, and if possible, arrange for copies of select works to be sent back home.
    With the help of a servant, he rose from his chair and walked forward to great King Andust.
    "Andust, I must congratulate you on your accomplishments here. Never before have I seen such an intricate use of obsidian. The contrast with the pure white of the marble is stunning."
    Of course, he can't see it clearly at all, so he assumes it's stunning. In either case, he passes Andust a silver necklace set with jet beads. A traditional gift for one whose father has died.
    "This is for your daughter, a gift for her upcoming coronation."

OOC: What year is this set in?
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello, dear Hazael. Your gift is too kind. I would prefer you would present it directly to my daughter, but it seems you and I are in a race to our graves, and you may not get the chance. I hope you do not take offense when I say it is not a race I hope to win."

Andust smirked and laughed at his macabre joke. I truly don't know if he meant to insult me or honor me, but Hazael has always been blunt.

The eyes of the Celerii king darted around the room. "You know Hazael, my deepest regret is not developing better relations with Ashenia, and the entirety of the Union of the North. I think we could have been fast friends, had we the proper chance. Perhaps our next generation will undo any errors we made." The King removed the clasp to his cloak, then held it out in his hand. It was a gleaming trident brooch, made of silver with gold accents and mother of pearl filigree.

"Here, Hazael. I did not prepare a gift with as much forethought as you; I was not expecting many world leaders to be present at the opening speech. May this token represent a future friendship, going forward."

Andust motioned to a nearby server: "Bring a bottle of hippocras, a vintage no later than 291. I wish to share a drink with a King."

EDIT: OOC- 358 CE. OP Updated to reflect that.
    Last edited by Logic; 2014-02-25 at 01:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

"It is a race I make no plans of winning either. But alas, I seem to have ended up with a head-start."
    Whether he means the three years he has on Andust or some illness, it is impossible to say.
    "Yes, I do have the best of hopes for the children and the future they will usher in. I envy the enlightened world we are leaving behind.
    "Though, to be fair of course, we can't really call them children any more."

Arthritic though he was, the King of Ashenia attempted a bow as he accepted the clasp the King of Celero offered to him. He held it at arm's length so he could have a proper look at it, but found that too far so tried a closer distance.
    "Nonsense Andust. A gift given in spontaneity is of greater value. This clasp, which I am forced to admit I cannot see very well but which I am certain is lovely, shall be a treasured possession of my family.
    "As for the hippocras, excellent choice, we don't often have it in Ashenia. Just don't tell my physicians."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

"What a wonderful opportunity to learn Kilwen, I can't thank you or your brother enough for allowing me to accompany you," Seeker Barasa said smiling at his companion.

"Allowing you? You practically demanded it!" Kilwen laughed, "I'm glad you did though, acting as the sole representative of the Empire here would have been quite harrowing."

"Well, you know I can't actually represent the Empire..." Avie trailed off.

"Oh, right, of course," Kilwen said, reminding himself once again that the Seeker was a follower of Radurja and not an Imperial citizen, "Still, I'm glad you're here."

Avie smiled at that, "Yes, it must be heard to be away from your wife and child."

"As always," Kilwen responded curtly.

At that their carriage had stopped and the two looked out to see that they had arrived outside the city of Lancaster where the Fair was being held. After formalities with the guards the two were inside the city gates and then to the most prominent structure within the city, the Great Library where the fair was being held.

The two arrived in time to catch King Andust's waning speech and Kilwen saw the elderly king of Ashenia approach the elderly King of Celero and he was reminded of his own father's age back home.

"Perhaps you can acquire the secret to ship building here," Avie said, stirring Kilwen from his reverie.

"Perhaps. First though, I must go and greet our host, he is one of our closest allies and it would not do to snub him out of unbridled curiosity."

Avie gave an agreeable sounding noise and the two of them approached the two elderly kings. It was Kilwen's hope that his father's explanation of the Sea Conference was not as destructive as it had been made seem.

"Blessing of the Great Ancestor upon you King Andust, King Hazael," Kilwen and the Seeker spoke in unison and bowed full waist towards their elders.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A little late to the fair not realy knowing who to speak with Chieftain Orgnar Bangboom his wife,son and new born daughter were admiring the construction of this Building. His son Bergar Bangboom age 6 was tugging on his Fathers kelt asking what is this what is that." hush son I must find who is in charge of such a place Orgnar noticed the strang looks he was getting from a near by Guard. He made placed him self between him and his family.I take it you have never seen an Orc. Who is your master.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-26 at 02:19 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

*A low hum can be heard, after which a strange device, in which two goblins and a Kasumorian are sitting glides (wtf?) into the courtyard.*

A goblin, clad in a worn, cotton garb with a wrench sticking out of his shirt, shouted to the crowd:
    "Hey, y'all mates, whe' can a Zar-jin such as me show off his inventions?"
    The goblin wore an eyepatch and measured around 1 meter 65 tall. He bore a large grin under his big, crooked nose and his skincolor was olivegreen.
    "Me can't wayt t' let d' world shee my glorious inventions! Mebbe I'll whip up som' nice ideas fro' this place aswell."
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

8. - Top - End - #8

The Grey Dwarf delegation (carrying the banners of both the Dawn League and Razdis), consisting of Mormaer Razkai the Elder, Prince Razkai the Younger, Nagier of the Black Hand clan, a couple of guards and several scribes and scholars, entered Lancaster in awe after a long journey.

"The building… father, it towers over us almost as the mountains do."
    "Is that so? T'would be good to learn how it was built; our walls could do with learning from these architects."

The Razkais conversed in an undertone as the royal party approached the king of Celero.

Nagier spoke, his cloth-wrapped right arm gesturing towards the royals.
    "We bring the king a humble gift, from beneath the very mountains of Dis; a dwarf-wrought set of steel dining implements."
    The scribes present a large amount of steel plates, goblets and cutlery, all in the geometric Razdissi style.
    Last edited by Silverbit; 2014-02-26 at 03:51 PM.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

It was rude to decline invitations to social events, especially ones one so dearly loved to attend! Yet he nearly had gotten himself to do so under the circumstances he knew there to be, but one cannot wrest one's fate free for oneself so easily, even if one were the Blazing Avatar himself. And he was the Blazing Avatar, so he should know!

With how he was a head taller than most people, not to mention his garb and soft radiance from within, he stuck out like a sore thumb in any crowd. He hadn't often been in placed with so many books, but when he had discovered them years ago, he had been entranced with them. His eyes were wide open when he came into the Great Library of Lancaster, his mouth agape widely and laughing in silence. He turned to some of the monks that accompanied him--though he wished he could sometimes be without them, it was protocol--and told them to bring him the biggest books they could find. Time was short, even shorter now, he wanted to read as much of it as he could! In the meantime, there were sights to see at this great World's Fair! He was so busy looking upwards that he bumped backwards into a hovercraft and stumbled, nearly falling. "Woah! This device... what is this?! This is a marvel!"

His wonderment was almost child-like. "Andust! What sights you have come to have gathered here!" He exclaimed to the King from afar, letting go of his usual decorum in favour of this wonder.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-26 at 05:25 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

If the crowds are awed, and the Avatar is overwhelmed, then the sages of Tumberink's party are like children, dancing from booth to booth scribbling notes on all sorts of technologies. They pester the doge with request after request for trade and exchange, but he waves them off. "Do your own digging, fair men. Bring the great minds for the Institute, new technologies or thoughts, but also remember..." He looks at one over eager fellow whose face is now an odd shade of purple.

"Even in the sight of all this greatness, remember to breathe."

Spoiler
    Show

Trade Agreements to Finish:
    -Kasumor: Inventors/Hovercraft
    -Tekorva: Goods/Plate Armor
    -Gunung: [Something?]/Adamantine
    -Some others that I'm forgetting.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

11. - Top - End - #11

Arriving at the head of a what appears to be a battalion of wagons laden with gifts of gold and fur, contained within chests of fragrant cedar wood, Lord Bordeux arrives in grand style. Griping good-naturedly to his seneschal about them being a day late, David immediately sets out from his people to find King Andust.

Ah, these blasted guardshe thinks to himself. Cant do anything without them following me. The least they could do was not keep their damn armor so shiny. Spying Andust at last, he strides over to him purposefully.
    Ah, Andust! It has been too long, friend, too long. I hope you have been well?he queries, genuinely interested in the well-being of his peer. This fair of yours is marvelous! So much to see. Oh, I brought a few gifts for you, as well- although, come to think of it, we should leave such things to the seneschals, eh? We both know how much they love that kind of thing, probably measure it out to the last ounce, right?he grins, winking.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is a race I make no plans of winning either. But alas, I seem to have ended up with a head-start."
    Whether he means the three years he has on Andust or some illness, it is impossible to say.
    "Yes, I do have the best of hopes for the children and the future they will usher in. I envy the enlightened world we are leaving behind.
    "Though, to be fair of course, we can't really call them children any more."

Arthritic though he was, the King of Ashenia attempted a bow as he accepted the clasp the King of Celero offered to him. He held it at arm's length so he could have a proper look at it, but found that too far so tried a closer distance.
    "Nonsense Andust. A gift given in spontaneity is of greater value. This clasp, which I am forced to admit I cannot see very well but which I am certain is lovely, shall be a treasured possession of my family.
    "As for the hippocras, excellent choice, we don't often have it in Ashenia. Just don't tell my physicians."
    "My head physician told me the same thing. So, I had him replaced with one that will let me do as I damn well please." Andust swirled the red liquid in his glass a moment before continuing: "Thankfully however, he accepted the position of head physician for my daughter, Yasira. It ensures that she will be around for sometime, thanks to his pestering." Andust handed a glass to the Ashenian King, and raised his own.

"To our physicians. May they do a better job bothering our children than they did us."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    "What a wonderful opportunity to learn Kilwen, I can't thank you or your brother enough for allowing me to accompany you," Seeker Barasa said smiling at his companion.

"Allowing you? You practically demanded it!" Kilwen laughed, "I'm glad you did though, acting as the sole representative of the Empire here would have been quite harrowing."

"Well, you know I can't actually represent the Empire..." Avie trailed off.

"Oh, right, of course," Kilwen said, reminding himself once again that the Seeker was a follower of Radurja and not an Imperial citizen, "Still, I'm glad you're here."

Avie smiled at that, "Yes, it must be heard to be away from your wife and child."

"As always," Kilwen responded curtly.

At that their carriage had stopped and the two looked out to see that they had arrived outside the city of Lancaster where the Fair was being held. After formalities with the guards the two were inside the city gates and then to the most prominent structure within the city, the Great Library where the fair was being held.

The two arrived in time to catch King Andust's waning speech and Kilwen saw the elderly king of Ashenia approach the elderly King of Celero and he was reminded of his own father's age back home.

"Perhaps you can acquire the secret to ship building here," Avie said, stirring Kilwen from his reverie.

"Perhaps. First though, I must go and greet our host, he is one of our closest allies and it would not do to snub him out of unbridled curiosity."

Avie gave an agreeable sounding noise and the two of them approached the two elderly kings. It was Kilwen's hope that his father's explanation of the Sea Conference was not as destructive as it had been made seem.

"Blessing of the Great Ancestor upon you King Andust, King Hazael," Kilwen and the Seeker spoke in unison and bowed full waist towards their elders.
    "Kilwen! My, do you look the like the spitting image of your father. How many grandchildren have you given him? Working on any more?" Andust said, winking and elbowing the son of the Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerofundead View Post
    A little late to the fair not realy knowing who to speak with Chieftain Orgnar Bangboom his wife,son and new born daughter were admiring the construction of this Building. His son Bergar Bangboom age 6 was tugging on his Fathers kelt asking what is this what is that." hush son I must find who is in charge of such a place Orgnar noticed the strang looks he was getting from a near by Guard. He made placed him self between him and his family.I take it you have never seen an Orc. Who is your master.
    A youthful looking woman, dressed in the finery of the servants of the event casually walked up to the Orc Chieftain, and pointed to the podium.

"You'll find the King of Celero by the podium at the center of the room, Cheiftan Orgnar. If you are looking for the master of ceremonies, Prince Rion Noth will be hosting the majority of the remaining ceremonies and events."
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    *A low hum can be heard, after which a strange device, in which two goblins and a Kasumorian are sitting glides (wtf?) into the courtyard.*

A goblin, clad in a worn, cotton garb with a wrench sticking out of his shirt, shouted to the crowd:
    "Hey, y'all mates, whe' can a Zar-jin such as me show off his inventions?"
    The goblin wore an eyepatch and measured around 1 meter 65 tall. He bore a large grin under his big, crooked nose and his skincolor was olivegreen.
    "Me can't wayt t' let d' world shee my glorious inventions! Mebbe I'll whip up som' nice ideas fro' this place aswell."
    The woman had just finished speaking to the orc, bid him her leave, and directed her attention to the goblin newcomer.

"I do apologize sire, but if you wish to claim a demonstration booth, you need to speak with my cousin, er, Knight Fastion. He is down the hall, to the right, past the griffon display with Aldreth Noth, his father."

The woman pointed in the direction of the only Celero citizen clad in armor, seemingly dressed for war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    The Grey Dwarf delegation (carrying the banners of both the Dawn League and Razdis), consisting of Mormaer Razkai the Elder, Prince Razkai the Younger, Nagier of the Black Hand clan, a couple of guards and several scribes and scholars, entered Lancaster in awe after a long journey.

"The building… father, it towers over us almost as the mountains do."
    "Is that so? T'would be good to learn how it was built; our walls could do with learning from these architects."

The Razkais conversed in an undertone as the royal party approached the king of Celero.

Nagier spoke, his cloth-wrapped right arm gesturing towards the royals.
    "We bring the king a humble gift, from beneath the very mountains of Dis; a dwarf-wrought set of steel dining implements."
    The scribes present a large amount of steel plates, goblets and cutlery, all in the geometric Razdissi style.
    "Forgive me if I forget any courtesies, Master Dwarf, but this event is beginning to tax my memory and my bad back." King Andust leaned more heavily on his cane emphatically, exaggerating just a touch his ailments of age.

"More gifts already? I had not planned on receiving gifts until the end of the event, but then again, most of this event was planned by my son Rion. Whatever gift he has planned for you is not enough. It cannot possibly be personal, so here." The king took his cloak, lined with griffon-down off his shoulders, and presented it to Nagier. "I hear it is quite cold under the mountains, and I hope this keeps you warm for many seasons, as it has for me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    It was rude to decline invitations to social events, especially ones one so dearly loved to attend! Yet he nearly had gotten himself to do so under the circumstances he knew there to be, but one cannot wrest one's fate free for oneself so easily, even if one were the Blazing Avatar himself. And he was the Blazing Avatar, so he should know!

With how he was a head taller than most people, not to mention his garb and soft radiance from within, he stuck out like a sore thumb in any crowd. He hadn't often been in placed with so many books, but when he had discovered them years ago, he had been entranced with them. His eyes were wide open when he came into the Great Library of Lancaster, his mouth agape widely and laughing in silence. He turned to some of the monks that accompanied him--though he wished he could sometimes be without them, it was protocol--and told them to bring him the biggest books they could find. Time was short, even shorter now, he wanted to read as much of it as he could! In the meantime, there were sights to see at this great World's Fair! He was so busy looking upwards that he bumped backwards into a hovercraft and stumbled, nearly falling. "Woah! This device... what is this?! This is a marvel!"

His wonderment was almost child-like. "Andust! What sights you have come to have gathered here!" He exclaimed to the King from afar, letting go of his usual decorum in favour of this wonder.
    The King waved in the direction of the Blazing Avatar, and yelled a response: "Glad to see you are enjoying yourself!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Arriving at the head of a what appears to be a battalion of wagons laden with gifts of gold and fur, contained within chests of fragrant cedar wood, Lord Bordeux arrives in grand style. Griping good-naturedly to his seneschal about them being a day late, David immediately sets out from his people to find King Andust.

Ah, these blasted guardshe thinks to himself. Cant do anything without them following me. The least they could do was not keep their damn armor so shiny. Spying Andust at last, he strides over to him purposefully.
    Ah, Andust! It has been too long, friend, too long. I hope you have been well?he queries, genuinely interested in the well-being of his peer. This fair of yours is marvelous! So much to see. Oh, I brought a few gifts for you, as well- although, come to think of it, we should leave such things to the seneschals, eh? We both know how much they love that kind of thing, probably measure it out to the last ounce, right?he grins, winking.
    "You are too kind. I also have a gift for you, in addition to whatever my son has planned." Andust removed blue velvet gloves, and handed them gently over to Lord David.

"For many years, these gloves hid my shame. I hope they only hide your hands from the cold of Bordeaux."

Careful brother, if you keep this up, you'll be nude before the Hors d’Oeuvres are presented.

Andust did not acknowledge the thought, ignoring the inner voice of Heinrich. Instead he kept smiling and making small talk with his visitors, shaking hands, hugging the ones he dared, and kept as pleasant company as he could.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
    "Kilwen! My, do you look the like the spitting image of your father. How many grandchildren have you given him? Working on any more?" Andust said, winking and elbowing the son of the Khan.
    "Just one your grace," Kilwen answered, giving a sidelong glance at Avie as a heat rushed into his cheeks, hidden by his darker skin.

Avie simply smiled and turned away, pretending not to notice the Prince's eye as he struck up conversation with the King, "Forgive me m'lord I'm afraid I have not introduced myself, I am Avia Barasa, a Seeker for the Radurjic Codex, I believe the faith has found quite a good fit here over the years, and it is no wonder why, with a library like this it's a wonder all the Seekers don't come here to gather the great knowledge contained within."

"It certainly is impressive your grace," Kilwen agreed, "Built in a quarter century's time but with looks to rival three centuries worth of work. Quite impressive indeed."

Kilwen noted the arrival of the Imperial allies of Kasumor and Guilder.

"If you'll excuse me your graces, I think perhaps we shall attend to enjoy the festivities," Kilwen and Avie both bowed respectfully and began to move away. Thankfully before the Ashenite king had had time to speak to Kilwen.

"You can't leave me hanging like that," Kilwen said to Avie as they walked.

"Hanging? I saved you from further embarrassment, as always," Avie said, grinning at the other.

"Let's go and talk to Kasumor, father would want us to keep that bond strong," Kilwen said, shifting the subject.

Avie nodded silently but that stupidly sly smile of his stayed on his face.

Kilwen noted the two goblins but elected to approach the more familiar Kasumorian representative, "Blessings of the Great Ancestor upon you, I am Prince Kilwen Ignato of the Ignato Empire, Woodwind Imperial Province, you are Kasumorian, no?"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"To our physicians indeed, may their footfalls never be light."
    Hazael sipped his drink, savouring the combination of spices it contained. Andust clearly had excellent taste. He stood quietly by as the other guests came forward to pay their respects. After they had left, he spoke again.
    "If I am not mistaken, that was Kilwen of Woodwind? I should apologise to him for something I once said to his father. It has hung over my head for some years now, though I do not believe he wishes to speak to me."

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #15

The Razdissi bow, with Nagier especially looking pleased.
    "Many thanks, great monarch. Surely your generosity will be remembered for all of time."

"Now we must take our leave; the Doge of Guilder has arrived, and we must speak with him. Farewell."

If the crowds are awed, and the Avatar is overwhelmed, then the sages of Tumberink's party are like children, dancing from booth to booth scribbling notes on all sorts of technologies. They pester the doge with request after request for trade and exchange, but he waves them off. "Do your own digging, fair men. Bring the great minds for the Institute, new technologies or thoughts, but also remember..." He looks at one over eager fellow whose face is now an odd shade of purple.

"Even in the sight of all this greatness, remember to breathe."

Spoiler
    Show

Trade Agreements to Finish:
    -Kasumor: Inventors/Hovercraft
    -Tekorva: Goods/Plate Armor
    -Gunung: [Something?]/Adamantine
    -Some others that I'm forgetting.
    "Hail Doge Tumberink. I understand that you have reservations about our colonisation beneath Guilder?"
    The elder Razkai walks purposely towards the Guilder party.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    The woman had just finished speaking to the orc, bid him her leave, and directed her attention to the goblin newcomer.

"I do apologize sire, but if you wish to claim a demonstration booth, you need to speak with my cousin, er, Knight Fastion. He is down the hall, to the right, past the griffon display with Aldreth Noth, his father."

The woman pointed in the direction of the only Celero citizen clad in armor, seemingly dressed for war.
    "Than' ya 'ery much ma'am! Will do!"
    Reyak said to the woman. He hopped out of the hovercraft, together with the Kasumorian and walked to the armored knight.
    "I'll take it from here, meister Reyak." Marius (WoopWoop) said to the master inventor.
    They came across the griffons, which peaked their interest for a minute, both of them trying to figure out if they were looking at a bird, a mammal or something else entirely. After gaping at the creatures, Marius walked up to the knight.
    "Sir Fastion and Sir Aldreth, I assume? Greetings, I am Marius Earthguard, Shïnguard of Kasumor. We wish to claim one of your demonstration booths." He said, a small smile on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    "Just one your grace," Kilwen answered, giving a sidelong glance at Avie as a heat rushed into his cheeks, hidden by his darker skin.

Avie simply smiled and turned away, pretending not to notice the Prince's eye as he struck up conversation with the King, "Forgive me m'lord I'm afraid I have not introduced myself, I am Avia Barasa, a Seeker for the Radurjic Codex, I believe the faith has found quite a good fit here over the years, and it is no wonder why, with a library like this it's a wonder all the Seekers don't come here to gather the great knowledge contained within."

"It certainly is impressive your grace," Kilwen agreed, "Built in a quarter century's time but with looks to rival three centuries worth of work. Quite impressive indeed."

Kilwen noted the arrival of the Imperial allies of Kasumor and Guilder.

"If you'll excuse me your graces, I think perhaps we shall attend to enjoy the festivities," Kilwen and Avie both bowed respectfully and began to move away. Thankfully before the Ashenite king had had time to speak to Kilwen.

"You can't leave me hanging like that," Kilwen said to Avie as they walked.

"Hanging? I saved you from further embarrassment, as always," Avie said, grinning at the other.

"Let's go and talk to Kasumor, father would want us to keep that bond strong," Kilwen said, shifting the subject.

Avie nodded silently but that stupidly sly smile of his stayed on his face.

Kilwen noted the two goblins but elected to approach the more familiar Kasumorian representative, "Blessings of the Great Ancestor upon you, I am Prince Kilwen Ignato of the Ignato Empire, Woodwind Imperial Province, you are Kasumorian, no?"
    (OOC: Lets say this happens after Marius and Reyak have gotten their demonstration booth.)

Marius looked upon Kilwen and smiled.
    "I know you, young lad. My name is Marius, Shïnguard of Kasumor. Nice to meet you. How is Dyamus doing, still active and fighting I recon?"
    He shouted to the goblin.
    "Hey Reyak, come and greet our royal guest will ya!"
    "Yeah Yeah, sir, Imma comin', Imma comin'. Pacak, kep tunin' them pipes u'till ya good output."
    "Si, sir!" It sounded from behind the hovercraft. A few seconds later the goblin that anounced their arrival walked up to Marius and Kilwen. Marius put a hand on the goblins shoulder and said:
    "This is Reyak, one of the brightest inventors of Zargrim. He really really is bright. He was the one who designed the original blueprints for the hovercraft you see here. He is a bit of a showoff though."
    Reyak broke into a big smile.
    "Well, ya know wut they say, a great int'lect such a' mine can't b' wasted! Nice meetin' ya, prince Kilwen" He made a clumsy bow.
    Marius focused his attention back to Kilwen and his companion.
    "So, who might I have the honor of meeting next to the prince? And could you also grace me with the purpose of your visit. I never thought of Woodw....I mean the Ignatio Empire as very interested in this kind of fairs."
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-02-27 at 04:20 AM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Lets say this happens after Marius and Reyak have gotten their demonstration booth.)

Marius looked upon Kilwen and smiled.
    "I know you, young lad. My name is Marius, Shïnguard of Kasumor. Nice to meet you. How is Dyamus doing, still active and fighting I recon?"
    He shouted to the goblin.
    "Hey Reyak, come and greet our royal guest will ya!"
    "Yeah Yeah, sir, Imma comin', Imma comin'. Pacak, kep tunin' them pipes u'till ya good output."
    "Si, sir!" It sounded from behind the hovercraft. A few seconds later the goblin that anounced their arrival walked up to Marius and Kilwen. Marius put a hand on the goblins shoulder and said:
    "This is Reyak, one of the brightest inventors of Zargrim. He really really is bright. He was the one who designed the original blueprints for the hovercraft you see here. He is a bit of a showoff though."
    Reyak broke into a big smile.
    "Well, ya know wut they say, a great int'lect such a' mine can't b' wasted! Nice meetin' ya, prince Kilwen" He made a clumsy bow.
    Marius focused his attention back to Kilwen and his companion.
    "So, who might I have the honor of meeting next to the prince? And could you also grace me with the purpose of your visit. I never thought of Woodw....I mean the Ignatio Empire as very interested in this kind of fairs."
    OOC: Rightio

"Ah, Shinguard," Kilwen bowed deeply hiding his momentary surprise that his father's friend had made the trek here.

"This is Radurjic Seeker Avie Barasa of Genivana, though he has lived with us so long he is practically family," Avie bowed at Kilwen's introduction.

"Well met Shinguard, Master Reyak."

"You're right in saying Woodwind wouldn't be," Kilwen said, "But the Empire, and the first Emperor is. In fact, I was hoping I could talk to you, you see Nyroth is still being liberated by Imperial forces but we've found records to indicate they severely lack any types of stone. I know Kasumorian Shintouite is said to be the strongest stone known in Telluris and my brother informed me of your expansion underground, perhaps when you settle the land you rightfully claim dominion over you might consider shipping stone, Shintouite or otherwise, to the soon to be fromed Nyroth Province? I know my brother would be quite happy to commit another trade deal to our strongest ally."

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post

A youthful looking woman, dressed in the finery of the servants of the event casually walked up to the Orc Chieftain, and pointed to the podium.

"You'll find the King of Celero by the podium at the center of the room, Cheiftan Orgnar. If you are looking for the master of ceremonies, Prince Rion Noth will be hosting the majority of the remaining ceremonies and events."

Ahh thank you.
    Orgnar makes his way to the podium and he calls out Hail King of Celero. I am Chiftan Orgnar Bangboom of Grmanhil an this is my wife my son an daughter. Thank you for inviting us.

At seeing goblins and the strang thing on witch they had road the young Bergar was once agin askingWhat Is that an why are those orcs so smallHis mother hushed him We will explan things later
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-02-27 at 10:20 AM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The Doge, having gotten rid of the hangers-on in his massive delegation, makes his way up to the high throne of Celero, smiling. His son Ruffino sits a was back with wife Ysera, and Tumberink nods at them. But his coming mainly concerns the King Andust himself, and so he gives his majesty respect.

"HAIL, ANDUST! How go you and your people?" The emissaries approach, placing down tiny bronze novelties, created by the folk of the Technical Institute. Miniature scenes, gears, timepieces, and one tiny ball on an axle, with nozzles flaring out the sides. "Our people bring great show, and we look forward to things. How goes your court?"

The Doge leans in, sitting alongside for a time, and whispers to his host. "There are many rumors from Celero, fair Andust... and not all of them good. Is there danger to Ruffino or Ysera?"

"Hail Doge Tumberink. I understand that you have reservations about our colonisation beneath Guilder?"
    The elder Razkai walks purposely towards the Guilder party.
    The Doge, having finished his conversation with Andust, nods to the dwarf. "Ah, fair Razdis! I have never looked on its halls, to be truthful, though I have heard great things of their wonder. That said, the people of Guilder do indeed take issue with unknown forces beneath our earth. But I think they, could be, heh, persuaded." Tumberink gives a small nod of the head and wink of the eye. "Perhaps if you were to send whatever interesting resources you found to Guilder, they would see it as an advantage."

"Another option is mining rights. Allow my people to go down and harvest the gifts of the ground. Nothing interests a Guilderene as much as a good old mine venture." Another nod and wink, this time accompanied by a grin.

[OOC: If there are any unique resources in Under-Guilder, perhaps Guilder would be treated as "having them" just the same as Razdis? It'd remove one from the stack, true, but it'd be enough for me.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

20. - Top - End - #20

The Doge, having finished his conversation with Andust, nods to the dwarf. "Ah, fair Razdis! I have never looked on its halls, to be truthful, though I have heard great things of their wonder. That said, the people of Guilder do indeed take issue with unknown forces beneath our earth. But I think they, could be, heh, persuaded." Tumberink gives a small nod of the head and wink of the eye. "Perhaps if you were to send whatever interesting resources you found to Guilder, they would see it as an advantage."

"Another option is mining rights. Allow my people to go down and harvest the gifts of the ground. Nothing interests a Guilderene as much as a good old mine venture." Another nod and wink, this time accompanied by a grin.

[OOC: If there are any unique resources in Under-Guilder, perhaps Guilder would be treated as "having them" just the same as Razdis? It'd remove one from the stack, true, but it'd be enough for me.
    "We simply must invite you and your retinue to visit; we are neighbours now, after all. Our foreigners' quarter in Kalpraz is well lit and suitable to your refined tastes, I hope. I think that sending some of our resources to you is a fine price for more land. We Razdissi will undertake the mining of such, I assure you."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, your first option sounds fine, I'll automatically count you as having one of each of the resources. They probably won't be very special though.

Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"We simply must invite you and your retinue to visit; we are neighbours now, after all. Our foreigners' quarter in Kalpraz is well lit and suitable to your refined tastes, I hope. I think that sending some of our resources to you is a fine price for more land. We Razdissi will undertake the mining of such, I assure you."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, your first option sounds fine, I'll automatically count you as having one of each of the resources. They probably won't be very special though.
    Tumberink nods. "I greatly desire to look upon the great halls of the dwarves... and perhaps, our countries could begin closer ties? I have heard tales of the bravery and virtue of dwarven folk, who would be most suitable for intermarriage."

"As to the agreement, I fully agree! None better than the dwarves for using land. Guilder will accede to this deal."

[OOC:]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK, cool. That's done! Awesome. I'm thinking we could also try some diplomacy and such to intermarry our two countries, just to make sure there aren't rebellions or some such. I should have the actions next turn to do it.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Lancaster, Celero, 358.
    The woman slipped in quietly while everyone was distracted by the arrival of goblins and their hovercraft. She avoided the booth where vendors from the Jeweled Cities were extolling the virtues of Kelp-olive oil as cooking oil, heating oil, and for sealing the hulls of ships. She caught a whiff of the fragrant smell and it made her wistful for a time. She had made her bunk, literally, and now she must live in it. There was no going back now.

She milled about for quite a while, allowing the dignitaries and delegations to come in. The items on display were impressive, as was the library. There were few such monumental contructions in her land. The frequent floods and hurricanes required more flexible buildings. As she wandered past the books, she lamented inwardly that she never learned to read. In some respects, she conceded, her people were as primitive and backward as they ever were- the uncouth ravagers of the shores from generations ago.

It was simple thing to mingle with the crowds of sycophants, hangers-on, and minor functionaries that swirled about these events. They accepted her without comment. She was Evelyn, royalty of the Jeweled Cities. Most craved attention from a noble, no matter if she was not acting in an official capacity. Lik remorahs, they looked for the big fish to cling to.

She set about her task with great alacrity- a smiled word here, a comment there, all designed to cast the Jeweled Cities in a poor light. She made certatin to mention Thrustone to the dwarves, how successful he had been amongst the miners despite, reportedly, being a fugitive from his homeland. She marveled at the hovercraft, commenting that sad it was that her sister would not allow such talented craftsmen amongst the Islanders. Amongst memebers of the Ignatio delegation it was a hope that their Khan of Khans finds success in his quest against a naval force like the Salterri. Surely her sister’s poor opinion of the Ignatian navy was misinformed.

Eventaully, she found herself near the Blazing Avatar. A quick glance revealed no delicate way to avoid a conversation. After a courteous bow and introduction, she said, “My father Jonas is enamoured with your gift. It has consumed much of his thought the last few years. A toy boat that sails upon the air! Thank you.” She seemed genuine.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The Blazing Avatar wandered from booth to booth with open eyes that just about literally sparkled. He eventually drifted towards where the goblins had set up theirs and looked all over their "hover craft". It was like a large construction, a cart of sorts, that moved only due to movement of the air itself! It was as if it were a boat that could glide along the land and sail the steppes and deserts. "It's been so long since the boat races of home..." He murmured ponderingly as he looked over the craft.

He walked backwards to get a better look at it from a certain angle and found a young woman talking to him, thanking him for something. A boat? Father Jonas? Ah! He smiled at her, "I'm sure it will lead to something, as all good things do. You're welcome."

He gave the woman a little bow and walked past the hovercraft again, giving it a light tap as he sighed wistfully. "A fine art this is, Marius," he noted, as he come up beside the Shïnguard. He gave an acknowledging nod to Kilwen and the Seeker. "If perhaps there is time for me yet after this, would you care for a chat? One of my companions has brought along some Raaneki wine. I'm sure you could appreciate a bottle."

Thamiel felt a bit out of place at the Fair. It might've been that he was dressed like a commoner or servant, whereas it mostly seemed like a noble's event. It might've been that he had been gone for too long from his own country, that could always get to a man, get a little homesick. Or maybe it was an ailment of the spirit, that was always a possibility. Nevertheless, there was the Plan, so he took good care to look very well at all the inventions and great things people had brought along to showcase. I'd show something even better. Thamiel thought to himself as he adjusted his shirt. Cotton. It was quite the peculiar fabric even now.

This place could use some action. He had to force himself to not say it out loud. Nobles rarely spoke directly to commonfolk, and though there were more in here, the majority was dressed just a little bit more nicely than he was. He stole a glance at the Blazing Avatar. Definitely not that nicely.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-27 at 07:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Seeing the Avatar among those milling about the showing hall, David moves towards him with a slight hitch in his stride. Not enough for a man of his pride to use a can, mind, but fairly pronounced all the same.

Bowing slightly at the waste as a courtesy- a rare one, at that, as in Bordeux, one only bows to those considered above them in rank- and greets him warmly, but slightly reserved, not knowing what to expect with the Avatar.

Avatar. I trust that you have been well. It is, I admit, strange to see one of your stature here, and so far from your home as well. However, I had, a bit selfishly, perhaps, hoped to see you here. I had a few questions regarding the painting you had sent me. Regretfully, the monk was not able to answer most of them. If it is not too much to ask, could you at all be able to answer some of them?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Topiltzin the first prince of Gunung was slightly annoyed. “Of all the days for one of our obsidian caravans to be delayed it had to be this one, next time I’ll travel separately” he thought. But at last there was Lancaster and the great library towering over it.

Some time later Topiltzin approached the king of Celero:
    “Greatings King Andust, I also bring greetings from my father King Aitah who I’m afraid was not able to make it today. A shame for he would have truly enjoyed seeing your great library, the use of obsidian alone eclipses almost anything I’ve seen, and I basically live in the stuff, my compliments to your architects.” Taking on a more formal tone he continues. “I have brought a cart containing leather tomes and obsidian story tablets from Gunung to ad to this marvellous libraries collection. In addition my father has tasked me with handing you this in person. “ Topiltzin hands a small scroll case made from pure adamantium to Andust. “The original Grand Coalition agreement as drawn up by my father and signed by all original members. He felt your library would be a better place for it than his own office.”
    Last edited by Chacmon; 2014-02-28 at 08:01 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Evelyn's brief consultation with the Blazing Avatar confirmed her father's suspicions, as she understood them. If only he had put her instead of her sister.... Evelyn shook that off. It would not do to dwell on that which she could not change.

These people from Guilder interested her. She had, of course, heard tales of them all her life. But with them on the far side of the continent, and that warmonger Doomkhan on the eastern shores, there had been little contact between the nations. That could make for an excellent opportunity to shake things up.

She looked for an opportunity to contact the younger couple. Clearly, they were the ruler's child and associated spouse.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck
    "Ah, Shinguard," Kilwen bowed deeply hiding his momentary surprise that his father's friend had made the trek here.

"This is Radurjic Seeker Avie Barasa of Genivana, though he has lived with us so long he is practically family," Avie bowed at Kilwen's introduction.

"Well met Shinguard, Master Reyak."

"You're right in saying Woodwind wouldn't be," Kilwen said, "But the Empire, and the first Emperor is. In fact, I was hoping I could talk to you, you see Nyroth is still being liberated by Imperial forces but we've found records to indicate they severely lack any types of stone. I know Kasumorian Shintouite is said to be the strongest stone known in Telluris and my brother informed me of your expansion underground, perhaps when you settle the land you rightfully claim dominion over you might consider shipping stone, Shintouite or otherwise, to the soon to be fromed Nyroth Province? I know my brother would be quite happy to commit another trade deal to our strongest ally."
    Marius smiled warmly at the duo. "Dyamus could have told you more about this. The ancient craft of shintouite shaping has been lost into the ages. Until we rediscover this valuable craft, we prefer to keep shintouite to ourselves. However, when the times comes that we rediscover it, and trust me, we will, we will gladly trade our reclaimed prowess with our most dearest ally. We do not have access to any other stone resources, so I'm afraid I cannot help you with that either."

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    The Blazing Avatar wandered from booth to booth with open eyes that just about literally sparkled. He eventually drifted towards where the goblins had set up theirs and looked all over their "hover craft". It was like a large construction, a cart of sorts, that moved only due to movement of the air itself! It was as if it were a boat that could glide along the land and sail the steppes and deserts. "It's been so long since the boat races of home..." He murmured ponderingly as he looked over the craft.

He walked backwards to get a better look at it from a certain angle and found a young woman talking to him, thanking him for something. A boat? Father Jonas? Ah! He smiled at her, "I'm sure it will lead to something, as all good things do. You're welcome."

He gave the woman a little bow and walked past the hovercraft again, giving it a light tap as he sighed wistfully. "A fine art this is, Marius," he noted, as he come up beside the Shïnguard. He gave an acknowledging nod to Kilwen and the Seeker. "If perhaps there is time for me yet after this, would you care for a chat? One of my companions has brought along some Raaneki wine. I'm sure you could appreciate a bottle."
    "Thank you, Guardian. I think I'll take you up on that offer. A bottle would certainly interest me."
    Marius replied. "After you, Guardian of Flame."
    While they were walking, he began talking about the strange bottle the Avatar had send him, while taking said bottle out of his pouch.
    "This bottle is very peculiar, Sir Guardian. I had my best scholars set upon investigating this artifact. However, they did not find a way to open it. However, this is unmistakenly made of Shintouite. That means that is it or very very old, or you have recreated lost technology. Would you care to explain a bit more where this bottle comes from and what it contents might be." Marius smiled. "Even a small hint to get me and my scholars underway would be enough. We are very very intrigued by this piece of art and its contents."

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Marius smiled warmly at the duo. "Dyamus could have told you more about this. The ancient craft of shintouite shaping has been lost into the ages. Until we rediscover this valuable craft, we prefer to keep shintouite to ourselves. However, when the times comes that we rediscover it, and trust me, we will, we will gladly trade our reclaimed prowess with our most dearest ally. We do not have access to any other stone resources, so I'm afraid I cannot help you with that either."
    Kilwen nodded at the Shinguard's words, Father never discussed resources much, more concerned with martial prowess and Olwyt's limited time and resources had only revealed shintouite, not it's full understanding,

"Perhaps you shall soon come into a reserve of stone," Kilwen said carefully thinking on Eyrecradia's expansion, "And should you find such a thing know we will eagerly seek to trade for it."

As the Blazing Avatar Walked up Kilwen and Avie nodded respectfully, "If you'll excuse us," Kilwen said moving away with his partner joining him.

OOC:I might come and add more later to this since it's not really open to more RP but I'm way too tired for that right now.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

The King of Ashenia handed his now empty glass to a servant.
    "If you will allow me to take my leave of you Andust, I must at least make the attempt to speak to him while I still can."
    He nodded to the King of Celero before moving off into the crowd. In truth, the exhibits interested him not, he could barely see them after all, except for the griffons. Oh, how he remembered the hunts of his youth.
    Eventually, he found Prince Kilwen again.
    "Kilwen of Woodwind, I think. It would please an old king if I could speak to you."

Dragons!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Much of the things shown at the fair were impressive and new, even to an educated commoner like him, but Thamiel was more impressed with the people and the weapins they bore. Of course the swords of kings and princes would be ornate, perhaps moreso than they were useful for combat. It almost made him jealous with his less ornate blade, sheathed by his side under his coat. "By the True Fire, such wonders," he shook his head as he looked over one other presentation, glanced to the Blazing Avatar again and some nobles he conversed with and walked elsewhere. "Celero is doing pretty well, huh." He said to noone in particular.

The Blazing Avatar gave nods of acknowledgement to the leaving Ignato men and the arriving Lord David, then smiled knowingly at Marius. "Like my letter told you, it holds the greatest treasure within. It is indeed old, perhaps I can tell you more later in private, or if you visit the Blazing Temple." He turned to Lord David, and his expression became one of a fond sadness. "The painting... It is of a woman who once won one of your contests of beauty long ago, though I know not if it was a national or a local one. She was... Very dear to me."

He cast a look over his shoulder in direction of King Andust, and excused himself from his present company with a bow. He walked to Andust and raised a hand in greeting. "Andust, this is truly a great occasion for you. There is much to admire. I have come not merely for the Fair, however, but moreso for you. Do you remember our conversation at the Grand Ball in Lyradis many years ago?"
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-01 at 11:13 AM.