New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Somewhere between Moira Town and Sandberg, One Day after Gavin's Departure from Moira

Gavin sighs as he finishes setting up his camp, a couple of traps set up as a precaution. That battle didn't go nearly as well as I'd hoped. That girl was quite capable, though - and having Zen evolve certainly made it worthwhile. The trade was quite helpful as well... there's quite a bit that I can do with an Eevee. Plus Archon and Lyle were rather similar... I do need to diversify my Pokemon more. Gavin thinks to himself as he gets out his travel rations for a quick meal. It should only be a couple more days travel to Sandberg... I'll probably want to see what I can find out about this Pokeball part I found - I'll see if it's a Rocket product, and if not, then I'm sure someone wouldn't mind taking a look at it... Smirking slightly, he mutters to himself, "I suppose the only question is... what do I want to call my latest acquisition?"

Spoiler
    Show
    The events referenced here occured in a real-time session.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

That was weird. He had never been much accustomed to attention, least of all attention focused on him. Being camera-shy was not something you wanted to be in this day and age, especially if you had aspirations to be the very best. Still, he thought he handled it well enough, friendlier than he was used to being at least.

Depositing the magazine back into its rack, Nathan left the pokemon center and made his way back toward the surrounding wilderness. With the bug catching contest right around the corner he would need to both expand his team and train them to a level that he would be satisfied with. Trainers around the world would be attending and he couldn't let himself be shown up.

With a casual pokeball toss, Nathan roused Ender from its resting state and nodded toward the wilderness. "You ready Ender?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Pokeballs, Ultra Balls, and Heavy Balls. Adela discards the idea of purchasing the third one immediately. Ultra Balls were incredibly expensive, but useful in all situations. Pokeballs would probably suffice for things like Caterpie... but who cared about Caterpie?

"I'll take two Ultra Balls and five Pokeballs," Adela replies, fishing the bills out of her pockets. "And where do I sign up for the competition?"

Spoiler
    Show

That should be 4800, with the price markup. Deducted from my sheet.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Ajadea:

The nurse absentmindedly responds to your question as she processes your purchase. "At the Ranger's Station, at the edge of town. Can't miss it- there'll be plenty of trainers going there today."
    Heading to the Ranger's station, you find it almost as hectic as the pokemon center; there's a line going out the door. As soon as you get to the counter, you pay your fee, and the woman there hands you a form to fill out- basic stuff, name, trainer number, what pokemon you'll be bringing with you, etc. There's also a few disclaimers to fill out- first, a non-liability waiver, and the second detailing the magnemite-cam that'll be following you. Your time in the competition will be stored online, and potentially on TV, and if the magnemite-cam is destroyed you will immediately have to forfeit the competition- to prevent cheating, of course. It should be tough, and it knows to stay out of the way, but it's something to consider. Tampering with the cam is also a disqualifying offense.
    Finally, the day of the competition you choose to enter- Tuesday or Thursday. The first day is on Tuesday, and then the next day the Rangers go in and try to fix things up, bring it back to a natural state, then on Thursday the next batch goes in. Do note that if there is an imbalance, you may be rolled into a different day.
    Finally, once you turn in the form, you're given a premier ball with Moira- CLVII engraved on it.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #395
    Barbarian in the Playground

T.J. exits the Pokemon Center, patting his pockets to make sure he hasn't forgotten anything. Wallet, cash, pokemon, pokedex, everything was there. With all of the festivities going. It might be a good chance to look around town. Even though he doesn't intend to join the bug catching contest, he decides to look around the registration area. That's were the strong trainers will be.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela fills out the form in her messy chicken-scratch handwriting - blah blah blah, yes I'd like to put the Magikarp in as a potential option for battling, no, I won't sue you for a million dollars if I stub my toe, no, I won't destroy your magnemite... She signs up for the Tuesday competition, then takes the premier ball and worms her way out of the crowd. As she's stuffing the shiny white ball into the depths of her backpack and attempting to clear away the sensation of being squashed by far larger people, she notices someone vaguely familiar. "Hey! You! TJ, right? Looks like we keep bumping into each other," she says. She's not covered in guts this time, though she seems to have gained some bruising on her arms. "You here for the bugs or what?"

7. - Top - End - #397

"Oh! H-hello," he stammers. He did want to see strong trainers. "N-no, not exactly. My main pokemon is weak to bug types, so maybe I'll try when I have more. I guess you signed up?"

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yeah, I did. Since I've actually got a bird and all that. Don't you have that flea-bitten Ursaring? It's bulky enough, it could probably be of some use," Adela replies. "Though I guess it might squish whatever you're trying to catch. Hmm." The idea whirring through her head at the moment had absolutely nothing to do with the contest, and was probably a bit evil, but... ugh. Magikarps. She was sick of training Bane, and really, he was supposed to have evolved by now, right? Most Magikarp didn't have teeth. "So... if you aren't here for the bugs, why are you here? You don't strike me as much of a crowds person."

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

The Story of Gavin Walker, Part I: Vengeance
    You wake up the next day after your battle, feeling refreshed and awake. Oh, sure, you lost some money and supplies... but you also got a brand new Eevee for your team, something you've wanted for quite some time. A less savvy man may have walked away simply with some roughed up pokemon and a lighter pocket, but you managed to turn the situation to your benefit.
    Yes, life is good. You have a powerful team of pokemon, a good job, and the backing of the most powerful corporation in the world, not to mention one of their top execs in your pocket.

Of course, as Gavin would soon learn, these things do not come without their price.

As you were walking along, it all happened in an instant. A crack, blinding pain in your leg, and then kissing the dirt. It took you a few seconds to parse what had just happened: you'd been shot. Moaning, dragging yourself away, you heard the crunch of approaching footsteps... you roll over to see your assailant, to find the butt of a rifle slamming into your face. Now all you can see is stars; and after a few more blows to the head, even those fade.

Days in the past... but not many:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The professor of Heartshome pulled off her glasses with trembling fingers, coming to terms with what she'd just confirmed. She'd managed to get her hands on a brand new compound, one that was supposed to be revolutionary. Some initial testings, though, gave her suspicions, and from them the horrible confirmation: her medicine, her life's work, had been stolen.
    ...She had some calls to make.

Adela:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you're travelling to Moira, you receive a call incoming over your pokedex. That's rather odd, really- you don't remember giving your number to anyone.
    (I'll note that pokedexes use video chat)
    Answering it, you find on the other end the professor from Heartshome, who gave you the waxy drug thing; she looks rather disheveled, with wild hair and dark bags under her eyes. It doesn't look like she's slept in quite some time.
    She begins speaking immediately. "Adela, girl, tell me: have you used the drug yet on your pokemon? Where is the drug? Show it to me."

Adela stares quite openly for a moment, then fishes the little ball out and holds it cupped in her hands. Unless someone was literally peering right over her shoulder, which she would probably notice, the drug was pretty much only visible to the camera. "Here it is, professor. Wha- why - you look worried. Did something happen?" If she hadn't sold Alpha, she'd have probably fed it to the massive ornery Tentacruel in hopes of making it not hate her guts. Given the current situation, she was more than grateful to have the extra Poke instead.

She exhales, relaxes as she sees the medicine. "Yes... well, no. Not recently, at any rate. Just... make sure that drug is a secret. Keep it secret, keep it safe. Do not talk about it, or sell it, or give it to anyone, understand me girl? I need your promise on this."

Adela nods emphatically, then remembers something. "Can I still use it on a team member?" she asks.

She replies darkly. "By all means. That would obviate the need to keep it safe, wouldn't it? My primary concern in this matter is to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands."

TJ:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you're travelling to Moira, you receive a call incoming over your pokedex. That's rather odd, really- you don't remember giving your number to anyone.
    (I'll note that pokedexes use video chat)
    Answering it, you find on the other end the professor from Heartshome, who gave you Big Dipper; she looks rather disheveled, with wild hair and dark bags under her eyes. It doesn't look like she's slept in quite some time.
    She begins speaking immediately. "TJ. Boy. Tell me, do you know anything about a certain Gavin Walker?"

"Ma'am?" How did this woman get his number? He can ask afterwards, she seems to be in a rush. "Gavin... Walker? The geologist from the Eclectic attack? No I havent seen him since I left Heartshome. Is something wrong?"

"No... Yes, yes, something's wrong! I've been tracking him via his pokedex, Walker should be near your location now. If you see him, I warn you- do not approach him. He is a criminal, and a thief, and highly dangerous. If you see him, contact me immediately, and only me. I need you to tell me you will do this for me. Swear it."

"Y-yes ma'am! I swear I won't go near him, and I'll call you right away." He raises his hand in view of the camera, for the sake of proving it.

She nods. "Good. That will be all, then."

Nathan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Heading to Moira, you receive a call incoming over your pokedex. That's rather odd, really- you don't remember giving your number to anyone in particular. You don't recognize the number, either.
    Answering it, you find on the other end the professor from Heartshome; she looks rather disheveled, with wild hair and dark bags under her eyes. It doesn't look like she's slept in quite some time.
    She begins speaking immediately. "Nathan. Boy. Tell me, do you know anything about a certain Gavin Walker?"

Instantly suspicious, Nathan pauses to consider a response. "Nominally speaking. I've met him on occassion. Why do you ask? Has he done something?"

The Professor sighs. "...Nominally speaking." She puts her head in her hand, shaking her head.
    "Listen, boy, if you happen upon him, do not approach him, do not talk to him. Avoid contact at all costs, and notify me- me, and no one else. Understand?"

"..Sure. He did strike me as the suspicious sort last we met but I can't say I know much about him to begin with. Any reason you're contacting me in particular?"
    "...I'm not at liberty to say. Nathan... I need you to assure me you will do as I said. It is of utmost importance to me."

"Yeah yeah, I promise" he says with a roll of his eyes.

She glares, seeming at the verge of tears- though you're not sure if they're of desperation or anger.

Nathan sighs and tries to mask his guilt. "Listen, I'll be fine. I'll stay away from him and call you if I see him or if he approaches me. I won't accept rides from strangers and I'll even reject any of his candy. Happy?"

"...I don't think you understand the severity of this situation, but I don't suppose anything I say will change your attitude, will it?"

"Well you could tell me why you're being so vague but I don't suppose anything I say will change that, will it?"

"No. Now be a good boy, do as I say, and eat your vegetables," she says darkly, and signs off.

"Jeez, what's got her in such a frump? Not like I needed any more reason to stay away from Gavin..."

You wake up to agony. Something's digging around in the tattered mess that is your leg. Beyond that, you seem to be tied up; you cry out, panicking and flailing despite yourself. Someone slaps you.
    "Hold still. The more you move, the more it'll hurt, and the longer it'll take."
    You see a woman with a surgical mask on, gloves, and tweezers, picking the fragments of shot out of your leg. You seem to be gagged, and bound at the arms and ankles, as well as a tourniquet around your thigh. Steeling yourself, you let her do her work.
    It's a hellish time. You're not sure if it takes 5 minutes or 5 days- time slows to a crawl as she slowly, methodically, agonizingly works up your leg. You're pale and sweating by the time she's done, sobbing from the pain and shaking with adrenaline. She wraps the wound in sterile dressing, which instantly starts to turn pink,and hands her materials to an Ambipom, which dutifully puts them away. She turns back to you, and takes her surgical mask off.
    At first, through the pain and bloodloss, you didn't recognize her, but it's the professor from Heartshome- with her hair down and a look of pure determination on her face, she looks much younger than before. Invigorated. And pissed.
    "Now then, Mr. Walker... I certainly hope you're not wondering why I brought you here today, are you?"
    She pulls out your gag with one hand, and lays her other hand gingerly on your freshly dressed wound.
    "Speak."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Scowling, Gavin says, "Just what do you think you're doing, woman? Release me at once!"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    In response, she only digs her fingers into your wound, staring at you coldly as you writhe in pain.
    "Please, Mr. Walker, humor an old woman. In your own words: Why did I bring you here? I know why I did, but I want to know that you know why I did."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Grimacing as the pain fades for a moment, Gavin says, "I would assume you brought me here to discuss that compound of yours. One would think you'd simply have called."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    She kicks you onto the ground, cramming the barrel of the shotgun into your face.
    "The compound you stole from me, Mr. Walker, the compound you stole from me! I don't think you quite understand the severity of the situation you're in right now, so I'm going to be crystal fucking clear with you for a moment: the only reason you're still alive right now is because I need information. So I suggest you at least pretend to have a scrap of propriety in you, or I will find out what I need to know somewhere else. Understood?"

Nathan:

You strike out into the darkness, and in moments find yourself tripping over every rock and shrub in your path. Yeah, this probably wasn't the best idea; the small light on your pokedex doesn't do much for this oppressive darkness. In fact, all it's probably doing is ruining your night vision for those few areas the moon breaks the canopy. Beyond that, you've passed many large, obscuring trees, and so you can't see back to where civilization is... though you think you might be able to manage it just by memory. You've also tried to keep to the western edge of the forest, so if you've been doing the correctly, you should be able to head west and reach the road. Eventually.
    You're currently in a thinner area of the forest, and... you can see a light off in the distance. It's not very clear, but it's definitely there, flickering and wavering; probably a fire of some sort, maybe campfire, or perhaps a pokemon such as a Charmander.

Adela & TJ:
    An awkward silence ensues. What now, folks?

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin grimaces as he finds himself staring down the barrel of the gun. "Propriety... under other circumstances, I might laugh at the fact that you're talking of propriety while holding a gun on me. If you're looking for information, though, you could simply ask. Or has that thought not occured to you?"
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Gavin:
    "I was hoping you'd say that."
    The professor pulls the trigger; there's a crack, a spatter, and what's left of Gavin Walker's head slumps to the ground.
    "I wonder how many thoughts are going to be occurring to you now, *******!"
    She is only met by silence.
    "THERE'S YOUR ****ING PROPRIETY!"
    She kicks him in the side, only for the body to barely budge, inanimate. More silence. The Ambipom looks about timidly, otherwise stock still; it didn't understand what was going on.
    She slumps to the ground, sighing.
    "Well... that wasn't nearly as satisfying as I'd hoped it would be."
    Groaning, she gets up, looking at the assembled mess she has on her hands. It was gonna be a long day.

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    "Yeah, I did. Since I've actually got a bird and all that. Don't you have that flea-bitten Ursaring? It's bulky enough, it could probably be of some use," Adela replies. "Though I guess it might squish whatever you're trying to catch. Hmm." The idea whirring through her head at the moment had absolutely nothing to do with the contest, and was probably a bit evil, but... ugh. Magikarps. She was sick of training Bane, and really, he was supposed to have evolved by now, right? Most Magikarp didn't have teeth. "So... if you aren't here for the bugs, why are you here? You don't strike me as much of a crowds person."
    "Crowds can be... overwhelming some-t-times, but they're not as bad as a conversation with someone really intimidating," T.J. answers. "And I th-thought I'd see of the festivities before I left."

"It's also a bad idea to put everything on one pokemon," he says as a sidenote.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the festivities didn't look all that great as far as Adela was concerned, but to each their own. Time to put her plan into action. "So, since you're clearly not doing anything worth noting, how's a battle sound? Two on two. Don't worry about Screech - I want to keep her safe for the contest." She smiles. It does nothing to make her look more friendly.

18. - Top - End - #408

Though the smile is... terrifying, he at least understands she's trying to be friendly. "W-well, n-normally I'd l-love to, but with the Center charging so much, it seems like a bad idea..."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

That... had not been something she had considered. Adela purses her lips. "You may have a point there," she concedes. "Well, as soon as people clear out, the prices'll go back to sane levels. Shoulda bought some net balls in Axelo. Or... well, where are you going? If you feel like waiting around for a while, and you're not going somewhere completely boring, I might come with you. You look like you could use some extra protection on the road. We probably don't want to go to the coast though - I seem to have a gift for attracting large and pissy water types." Spur of the moment, but then again, not such a shabby idea. Could work out. Or TJ could end up as a huge load. Well, if he did, she could always dump him - clearly he had some ability to take care of himself if he had made it all the way to Moira without suffering grievous bodily harm.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is anyone still reading the OOC thread? It's been pretty silent over there. I feel like I'm talking to nobody. :/

21. - Top - End - #411

"S-sandberg, it's the general first stop," he says as he fiddles with his fingers. "I w-was going to catch one or two pokemon along the way, and use those in the Sandberg gym. Have you, um, gotten that b-badge yet?"

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shakes her head. "Not really thinking about badges. Just... I dunno, going somewhere. Seeing things. Trying not to die along the way. Getting stronger, of course. And maybe I'll start a scar collection." She holds up a hand, displaying the bite marks Bane has left all along her fingers. "I can go to the gyms later."

23. - Top - End - #413

"Getting s-stronger?" T.J. says, smiling a little. "W-we have something in com-m-mon then. B-but I'm on trainer's leave, s-so I need something tangible every few months or I either have to go home or d-d-drop out." The thought of doing that is really scary to him. What would his parents think if he dropped out? Is going home a failure even worse? "B-badges are just sort of a very standard, t-tangible sign of improvement."

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela shrugs. Tangible sounded like the sort of word you'd use to describe a particularly sour orange, but clearly it had something to do with not dropping out. And she could understand that need to avoid failure, avoid getting an egg in the face. "You know there's a gym here, right? she asks, waving her arm around and narrowly missing a passerby. She'd heard people talking about the gym leader. And she knew just about enough to do some guessing. "Don't they theme these places? We're in a forest. All you get out here is birds, bugs, and plants. Get a bird of your own, and that's two out of three right there. I'd lend you Screech, but I don't think that's allowed."
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-07-19 at 02:00 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan squinted his eyes at the distant light, pushing his vision to its utmost to catch the details from afar. He approached cautiously, stumbling as silently as possible. Anything out this late was likely to be dangerous to humans and pokemon alike. Startling a predator pokemon in its own habitat was dangerous enough as it was, battling in inauspicious conditions was even more so. As he drew closer he considered the possibility of a trainer campsite but discarded it; there was little reason to set camp in the middle of the wilderness when the nearest town was only a few miles away. Unscrupulous sorts did tend to congregate outside of towns but he brushed away the unpleasant thought as soon as it came to mind.

Still, it would not hurt to be careful. He surreptitiously glanced around at his surroundings to allay his fears and continued toward the flicking light.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

26. - Top - End - #416

T.J. shakes his head. "I c-can't though. I don't know why exactly, b-but I'm not allowed to face this gym leader without at least one badge." Noticing he's playing with his hands, he forces them to his sides. "And sorry, b-but no thank you on the offer even if it is allowed, that feels sort of like ch-cheating on a test." Psychic teachers always know when you cheat, so it's best not do anything YOU consider cheating.

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have to do it in order now too? So... you're going up to Sandgem, back down to here, head out east, loop all the way around back here yet again to hit the rest of them, and then... what? You win a certificate and the right to not have teachers breathing down your neck?" Adela frowns. Seemed like a lot of work for something that seemed a lot like, well, rights. "Well, stick around anyways. I'll find you a Caterpie or something. You pay me back for the Pokeball, get a third team member, everyone wins. Since you'll be buying it, it's not even lending. Everyone wins."
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-07-19 at 02:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    As you follow the light, you find yourself falling into a daze, stumbling after it without thought or reason.
    It doesn't even register to you that it always seems to be out of reach, or that it's a dark purple color, or that you've been following it for hours...
    With each step, your vision darkens, until you black out entirely.

You wake up in the morning in a clearing, filthy, covered in scrapes and bruises, feeling completely drained, sluggish, and with a splitting headache. Enervated, even. Perhaps a more sensible person could have broken from the will-o-wisp's spell, but that's never exactly been Nathan's strong point. Thankfully, you're close enough to the edge of the forest to have a good sense of where the road is, but it's gonna be a long trek back to Moira.
    Spoiler
    Show
    35 damage, -3 to all stats. On Nathan, that is, not your pokemon- they're fine.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan sat himself up from the ground slowly, carefully working out the kinks in his back, a result of his ill-fortuned dirt nap no doubt. He reached to brush away the dust from clothing only to have his hand instantly recoil from the sensation. He was covered from head to toe in particularly slimy mixture of dirt and sweat. Never a pleasant sensation, especially not for somebody acclimated to a life of air conditioning. He knew he should be more concerned over the bruises and scrapes but there was something about the filth that just unsettled him.

Calmly picking himself up, Nathan embarked for the trail toward Moira Town. He had a busy day ahead of him; he still needed to sign up for the bug catching contest and have a nice hot shower. Then he would probably go tromp about in the woods again, risking the filth of the outdoors for a shot at fame and power.

Pokemon Training was tough work.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

30. - Top - End - #420

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    "You have to do it in order now too? So... you're going up to Sandgem, back down to here, head out east, loop all the way around back here yet again to hit the rest of them, and then... what? You win a certificate and the right to not have teachers breathing down your neck?" Adela frowns. Seemed like a lot of work for something that seemed a lot like, well, rights. "Well, stick around anyways. I'll find you a Caterpie or something. You pay me back for the Pokeball, get a third team member, everyone wins. Since you'll be buying it, it's not even lending. Everyone wins."
    T.J. can't help but laugh a bit at her outrage. This being T.J. he immediately covers his mouth and apologizes. "I-I'm sorry. It's not so much an order, this one is just really involved. And t-thank you, I w-would love a Caterpie."

My Characters