Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pokemon: Aschen Adventures (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyna View Post
    Neimi's eyes widened as she saw the Tyranitar. "I wouldn't even think of asking... I wouldn't want to be any closer to that thing unless I had an army between us and it, and even then..." She shook her head, leaning down slightly to get a good look through her lens. Neimi would zoom in, snapping a couple of pictures, but would shake her head again in disappointment. "Aah, it's no good, like I thought. It's just too far away, and all that mess is just blocking my shot. Ah well. Not what we're here for anyways."

As she waited for the helicopter to get in range of the Beldum swarm, the young woman would turn to look over at T.J. for a moment. "Bet you never expected to see a Tyranitar when you woke up this morning, huh? This is why I love doing this; you never know what you'll see." She grinned as she turned back just in time to see the glint off in the distance. "Aah, that's them, is it? Alright, leave it to me. I'll get some good shots." Neimi would adjust her lens, waiting patiently as the helicopter drew closer, and as she began to get a clear look at the swarm, the shutter began to shut repeatedly as she began snapping photos...

Spoiler
    Show
    Snapshot!

[roll0]
    "I d-d-don't think anyone w-wakes up expecting to s-see s-something like that," He says as he leans forward a bit. He certainly wasn't going to ask the Pilot to get closer. He doesn't even want a Tyranitar. Those things are terrifying. "I w-was going t-to w-walk the m-m-mountain side of the route this morning. It w-was a bit f-far f-from here, but I still m-might have gotten hurt. This is p-pretty lucky I guess?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    You feed a small morsel to the Shuckle, who manages to somehow eat it both very enthusiastically and very slowly.
    "Wah!", it says, shaking its head in approval. You turn and make your way up the river. You hear another "Wah!" from behind you, and see that the Shuckle is waddling after you. Slowly. You turn around, pokeball in hand... and the Shuckle quickly snaps into his shell. Apparently you startled the poor guy. With that, you continue on your trek.

You see a Weedle floating over the river.
    Well, it's not floating so much as suspended- on closer evaluation, you see that it's being held be a thin, translucent spider web going up into the cover of the overarching canopy. It's thrashing above the water, and with each thrash is lowered ever so slightly lower, until its tail is just touching the river's surface.
    With a snap, a heavyset Carvanha lunges out of the water and clamps down over the Weedle. It's now suspended in place of the much smaller bug, and is thrashing itself- and as the water on the Carvanha begins to crackle and smoke, and a couple of furry yellow legs make themselves seen as the Carvanha is reeled in, it's easy to see why.
    You've just witnessed a Galvantula bait fishing. Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokemon.

Adela:
    You witness much the same sight as before at the riverside. Again, Surskit dance atop the water peacefully, though one is pulled under by a Basculin. A smallish (though still intimidatingly large) Crustle happens to be sitting by the river. It takes note of you, snapping a pincer at you appraisingly, and deciding you're not a threat goes back to its rest.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer
    Spoiler
    Show
    Classic Cthulhu by RTGoodman

Critical Failures by Strawberries & Captain Happy, respectively.

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

What a freaking MORON. Yeah sure she's pretty, but she seems to be pretty STUPID too; he figured she would at least know what the hell she was signing people up for- isn't it her JOB to ask questions and find out so that she can inform those interested that take the time to come in? Eh, she isn't really Dalton's type anyway, and those demonically white teeth were definitely not a turn-on, though come to think of it he's not entirely sure if he even has a "type." Dalton never feels the need to give anyone a chance, so he's got zero experience with romantic relationships. Whatever. He distorts his face a little bit, knitting his brow together and pulling back at a corner of his mouth, "I dunno why I came hea, I guess for a change or sometin'." He responds to her personal question quickly to get it over with, he didn't want her getting into his business, "Dalton Richards, and- I don't know, I guess tree or four pm?" He adjusts his jacket and continues to eye the woman's computer with suspicion. He thinks it's weird for the company to hand out this stuff for free, unless it's purely for publicity. Dalton still doesn't like it though, and his mind keeps repeating the word "scam" over and over. He could just walk away, but is there any guarantee that he'll be able to find a job? Without a license of any kind or any of that animal training junk? Friiiick.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ettin in the Playground

Dalton:
    "A change, huh? I donno, Mr. Dalton, you seem fine to me!" She laughs pleasantly enough, and punches your data into the computer. "Alright then, I have you scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 3:30. PM, of course. Anything else I can help you with today?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it was something. And something Bane could do, though that didn't say much. And it beat walking away with nothing better than a Caterpie for TJ. A Dwebble would have been nicer though. With somewhat mixed feelings, Adela sends Bane down into the water. At least it made a satisfying sort of splashing sound. "Bite a Surskit!" she yells, trying to be as enthusiastic as possible given the circumstances. Magikarp versus Surskit. A battle for the ages indeed.

Spoiler
    Show

Accuracy - (1d20)[17] - Hey look, a Flinch!
    Damage - (2d10+8)[17] + 3 Attack: 20.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-10-23 at 11:05 PM.
    Games DMing: The Wrong Guys The Life in Your Stories
    deviantArt~~~ I have a Nuzlocke Comic too.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    As Bane is sent in, most of the Surskit keep their distance, but don't seem to consider him a particularly great threat. Their funeral.
    With surprising alacrity, the Magikarp latches onto the leg of a Surskit, cracking the exoskeleton and causing it to bend painfully out of shape. While all the other Surskit scatter, this one flounders in the water a bit before it regains its balance, leaving it open to a second attack. The Crustle stands just a few feet to your right, watching the scuffle with detached interest. You guess when you're covered with several inches of solid stone at the thinnest you don't really need to worry about these kinds of things.
    Assuming you choose to follow up with a second bite:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bane, surprisingly clever creature that he is, goes for the same leg and this time snaps the digit clean off. The Surskit capsizes and flounders with its head in the water for a bit before giving up the ghost and curling its legs like a dead Spinarak. 300 xp to Bane.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2012-10-24 at 02:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the evolved Surskit flew, right? And Centers could probably fix things. So the leg wasn't too much of a loss. Adela chucks a Pokeball at it. She wonders if Bane really was looking at her reproachfully, then decides that even if the Magikarp was smarter than it looked, it probably didn't know how to do that.

Spoiler
    Show

Capture - (1d100+5)[65]

Not walking away emptyhanded.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You lob the pokeball at the Surskit, and briefly wonder if pokeballs float. Thankfully they do, and the Surskit, soundly defeated, is caught with nary a wiggle.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Neimi/TJ:
    From this distance, the Beldum swarm is simply a glistening mote off in the distance; as you approach, though, you can see their blue, and soon enough the reds of their eyes.
    It seems a pity to be taking photographs of the swarm, as opposed to a motion picture. Stills just don't do it justice. There's easily hundreds of them, and the Beldum move in perfect, uncanny synchronization, all facing and moving in the same direction at once. Random, too- no pattern can be found in their movements. Nobody knows why the swarm moves like this. Some theorize that it's a defense mechanism- not even a Tyranitar would dare threaten a group this large- while yet others believe it's a sort of mental exercise, training their minds who would, fully grown, be some of the greatest among any pokemon.
    Neimi nevertheless begins rapidly taking shots. She manages to set the exposure and focus perfectly, avoiding the blurriness and washed out image so common to aerial photographs, and even manages to catch a few shots of a silver and gold Beldum- quite a rarity- before it is lost in the swarm once again. And TJ watches.
    You have just enough time to feel proud of yourself when, without any provocation at all, the swarm disperses. Scatters would be a better word, actually- all in different directions at once. You see one whiz by the window. The next one you don't see, but can feel as it slams into the fuselage of the helicopter. Then another. Bill starts shouting, and tries to pull the helicopter away from the swarm when a Beldum slams through the front window, ricocheting throughout the cabin. You duck for cover, and when you look back up Bill is slumped against the controls and the helicopter goes hurtling forward into the heart of the swarm. They're slamming into the fuselage at a rapid pace now, and more come into the cockpit. It isn't long before the cliff face comes hurtling towards you, and you slam into it, and everything goes black.
    You wake up, and wonder why the chair in front of you is moving. Rustling, really, wiggling: it's not long before a Beldum, who came along for the ride (and fall), tears itself free from the leather, blinks at you a few times, and zips out the window. You also wonder why the trees outside are growing sideways, but that's answered quickly enough: the helicopter landed on its side. You both do your best to extricate yourselves from the wreckage, dazed and blurry as you do so. It's a while before you're clear headed enough to assess the damages.
    TJ: You end up on the ground, unable to stand. Your left ankle is twisted at an ugly angle, and the slightest touch causes pain to shoot through your leg.
    Neimi: You're blind in your right eye, though a cursory examination shows you that that's just the blood. You have several lacerations on the right side of your body from where you slammed into the side of the cockpit, and a nasty cut above your right eye that's caused that side of your face to become covered in sticky blood. It looks worse than it feels, though: what's really bad is your right shoulder, where the blood has soaked through your shirt, and the flesh around the wound is bruised black and purple and spongy. It hurts to move your arm, and you're afraid to touch it.
    The helicopter: Thankfully, the back of the helicopter is busted up, but intact. You're able to retrieve your possessions, and even a basic survival kit. It's minimal, though: just a first aid kit, a few glowsticks and maybe a day's worth of rations. The front of the helicopter is another matter: it's crushed in on itself, and dripping blood. You have no doubts about how well Bill survived the crash.
    Your environments: You're well up on the mountain. Some hardy evergreens can be seen, but it's otherwise pretty rocky, and at a slight incline. You weren't out long at all- it's still early afternoon. No trace of the Beldum swarm can be seen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

Neimi groaned as she came to. Shaking her head slightly, she began a careful examination of herself. First was her eye; finding she couldn't see brought a wave of panic, but some small relief washed through her when she found it was just blood. Not that that was a good thing, mind you, but it could be a whole lot worse.

Upon seeing her shoulder, Neimi cringed. That... was definitely not good. At all. It just looked horrible, and it certainly felt it. Attempting to move it at all made her moan from the sharp pain. She hoped it wasn't broken, but... well, it could wait for the moment. She didn't seem to be bleeding out or anything, at the least, and her legs seemed to be in good working order, thankfully.

Examining the interior of the helicopter left Neimi wondering how exactly she hadn't been crushed on landing. She had apparently gotten lucky enough for the helicopter to not land where she had been standing. Her eyes wandered over to where Bill had been seated, then just as quickly moved away. Best... not to think about that. She could already feel the panic rising up, but now wasn't the time for that. She wasn't alone after all.

Which brought her to look over at T.J. He was fortunately alright as well, but the look of that ankle made her lips thin. That looked as bad as her shoulder felt, and worse, it was on his leg. They couldn't ask for worse luck. "T.J., just sit tight for a second... I'll see what I can get from the helicopter." Neimi grimaced as she got to her feet. Her legs might not be damaged, but she was bruised and beat up all over, and moving sent waves of pain up her arm. She climbed back into the wrecked helicopter, using her one good arm to steady herself as she retrieved what she could. Her own bag, T.J's, the first aid kit... She extricated her camera from the mount, feeling a small moment of relief that it wasn't damaged, which made her feel a bit dumb afterwards. Like that mattered right now.

Climbing back out, she settled herself down next to T.J., sitting on the ground next to him. "I imagine it's awkward to take care of that ankle of yours without moving it, so let me take a look. If you'd... do me the favor of looking at my eye after, I'd appreciate it." Neimi would pop the first aid kit open with her one good arm, taking a look through the contents to see what they had, all the while wishing she had taken that elective first aid class back in high school...

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

In the time Neimi took getting the stuff T.J. had managed to sit up with a series of pained grunts.
    "N-n-no, w-w-we sh-sh-should-d-d-do y-you ff-ff-first," he said, shaking. "You're b-bleed-ding w-worse." He points at her shoulder and eye.

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Neimi would think for a brief moment before nodding, handing the first aid kit to T.J. It wasn't really worth arguing over, and she couldn't really see how bad her eye looked. Or her shoulder, for that matter; seeing through one eye made it hard to get a clear look. "Alright, I'll leave it to you, T.J. I don't know too much about this sort of thing, but um... be gentle?"

13. - Top - End - #523
    Orc in the Playground

Carefully and from a sitting position T.J. attempts to clean and dress Nyna's wound. The medkit should have everything he needs, But he's no expert.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check: (1d20)[10]

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    Administering to Neimi turns out to be relatively simple... and fruitless. You clean off the blood with a sterile rag, and bandage what wounds you can, for all the good it does you: she's not exactly in danger of losing much blood anytime soon.
    Neimi:
    The pain in your shoulder is more of a dull, throbbing sting- less the pain of a broken bone and more from having the flesh there crushed into a pulpy mess. You have to bite back a shriek as he cleans the wound there- the slightest touch leaves you blanched from the pain.
    Looking at TJ's ankle, you know enough about first aid to understand that this isn't something you should be messing with- chances are you'll just make it worse. He needs to see a doctor.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

Neimi would let out a shuddering sigh once T.J. was done, simply glad that she didn't actually shriek from the pain... "...Thanks. Your ankle is... well, we need to get you to a doctor. Do you have any pokemon that you can ride, by chance? We're probably going to have to hoof it; we don't have the supplies to wait for rescue, and we really can't afford to wait out here untreated like this." Neimi would glance around to see if there was anything else of use that might've been thrown from the helicopter. Or anything in the immediate vicinity of use.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Neimi:
    Not particularly- you might be able to get creative with parts of the helicopter itself, and the seats and harnesses are in... relatively good condition, but anything else must have been in the chaos of mangled metal that is the front of the helicopter. You don't want to try digging through that.
    In the surroundings... well. Rocks. Evergreens and their detritus. More rocks. A few bits of shrubbery, some grass. It's looking pretty dry.

Nathan:
    Startled by the Galvantula, you *bump* your head on a branch.

Adela:
    The Crustle *bump*s a claw against your leg, in a gesture of approval at your conquest. It then goes back to vague disinterest.

Dalton:
    The secretary with the too-white teeth winks at you, and your heart goes *bump*-bump. Out of fear of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Adela fishes the Pokeball out of the water, and dries it on her shirt. She nearly drops it again when the Crustle smacks her, but she avoids losing it to the river, at least. Not nearly as good as a Venonat, but it beat having nothing. Surskit... the Pokedex seemed achingly slow, though that might have been merely her aching body. Masquerain. Intimidate. Huh. Water moves, if she postponed evolution a bit. There were worse bug types out there, certainly. She pats the friendly Crustle on the shell, and turns to leave. Then she is inspired. She angles her body to hide what she's doing from the Magnemite, then fishes the only slightly squashed ball of waxy medicine out from the bottom of the bag, unwraps it, and offers it to the Crustle.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, it worked for whatsherface and the Ambipom, plus the scientist lady said to get rid of it. Who wouldn't want a Crustle?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, I ss-sort of-vv hav-vv ss-ometh-thing like th-that. Dip-p-per!" T.J. releases his Ursaring next to him. He reaches up for his pokemon's paw, and attempts to lift himself. "I n-need t-to lean on y-you."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You offer the Crustle the waxy ball. It sniffs at it, interested, eyes twittering about, and reaches out its mandibles...
    Ultimately deciding that your fingers are the tasty morsel here. You manage to snatch your hand away adroitly enough to avoid losing too much skin, at least. If you want the Crustle to eat the medicine, you'll have to get better at empathizing with pokemon. That, or get creative.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ettin in the Playground

TJ:
    While still quite a burly pokemon, relative to your average Ursaring, Big Dipper... well, isn't very big. Scrawny, in fact. He's not much taller than you.
    He doesn't seem too bothered when you lean on him, at least, but moving that way proves to be rather awkward, and while you have little doubt he could carry you in a pinch, it wouldn't be far or fast.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

What is that wink oh god oh no. Dalton's eyes widen slightly and his insides seem to clench with the panic. What the- What he hell, he didn't even imply in the slightest that he was interested- Why did these things happen, why did broads have to do this?! Too be honest, he's probably overreacting, but he's honestly awful at handling this kind of thing. "Dat's fine I'll be back tomorrow." He says in a hurry and glances for the door. He considers running for it, and possibly never coming back, but he doesn't know where he should head next. Ugh.. His eyes roam to the girl again, appearing ever warier now. "Can ya... point me in da direction of some place to get cheap food? And, uh... I guess some wild pokemon..?" Man those demon teeth are freaky.
    Last edited by Bolt; 2012-11-10 at 10:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Adela frowns. She wanted the Crustle, but she had a certain soft spot for her fingers as well. Well... what did those things eat? Other than fingers, anyways. Did they eat Caterpie? She had kinda promised TJ that one, but maybe he'd take the Surskit instead. And the things weren't exactly super rare. She sends out the little green Bug pokemon, and tries to wrap it around the medicine. When satisfied, she offers the medicine - and the Caterpie with it - to the Crustle.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Neimi would eye the Ursaring doubtfully. "He looks like he could carry you, I suppose... I don't really have the best eye for these things, though. I'm sure you know your pokemon better than I do." She smiled for a moment before turning her eyes away to continue examining their surroundings. Neimi would remain silent for a moment as she considered their options. "Well, the way I see it, we have three choices. We could wait here and hope for a quick rescue, but like I said before, we don't have the supplies. We could try to scrounge up some food, I suppose, but I don't know anything about living off the land. And judging from the look of this place, we'd probably be pretty lucky to stumble upon something I'd recognize as edible.

"Second, we can leave and try to make our way back to a Route or to the city itself. If we can figure out where we are, this'll be a lot easier, but even so, we don't really know what's between us and our destination, so it could be dangerous. And on that leg, it'll be slow going, painful, and if we run into something we need to, well, run from, we might not be able to get away if your Ursaring gets hurt.

And with that said, our third option would be for me to scout ahead, and for you to follow behind carefully. That way if there is any trouble, I can try to escape from it without you getting dragged into it. We run the risk of getting separated if we're not careful though, and taking the right precautions would make traveling even slower. And either way, we still have food and water to worry about. What do you think?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan clutches his bruised skull with a wince and scowls at the Galvantula, clicking his tongue at the sight of it. The electric spider Pokemon were pretty powerful all things considered, and could fetch a very nice price for some collectors. "I am running low on funds and anything I can't use I can probably sell..." Judging by the size of the arachnid, a breeder would definitely top dollar for a chance to churn out baby Joltiks. "Maybe we could take it by surprise...I would hate to deal with an angry Galvantula if I can help it."

Nodding to Ender, the trainer points out the yellow legs in the trees with his fingers. "Ender, I'm going to need you to slow it down with a Thunder Wave. I'll try to draw its attention away from you with a rock after you paralyze it. If it goes after me use this chance to blow it away with a Signal Beam." Looking hard into Ender's 'eye' he continues, "You need to make it count. We really can't afford it having a chance to strike back at us. But I've got faith that you'll be pull through, got it?" Pokemon Husbandry was always his worst subject in the Trainer Academy but given the circumstances, any sort of boost would be helpful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ender uses Thunderwave~!
    AC: Thunder Wave cannot miss.

AC6: (1d20)[7]
    Damage: (1d10+4)[5]

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Nathan:
    You do indeed get the drop on the Galvantula, opening up with a salvo of surprise attacks. Ender nails it with a Thunder Wave and it's instantly dropped from its perch above to land on the water: it manages to stabilize itself, however, and skirt the surface like a Surskit. You manage to catch it with your rock right as it's dropping, but ultimately it's a grazing blow- you don't think the Galvantula even notices.
    Ender follows up with a Signal Beam. It's a good hit, and it packed a big enough punch that it would've taken down a lower level pokemon in one blow, but this thing takes it in stride. It responds by spraying a blast of sticky, electrically changed web in your direction. Ender manages to take it standing- er, well, floating- but that's the last thing you see. You don't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    26 damage to Ender, 58 damage to you. You're knocked unconscious. The Galvantula then hits Ender with a Signal Beam that deals 30 damage. Ender is knocked unconscious.

You awake to the sound of running water. It's hot. Muggy. And your sleeping bag is so comfortable against your sore body... but tight.
    Wait. That's not a sleeping bag.
    You look around to find yourself suspended in a chaotic mess of webbing. Apparently Galvantula aren't too big on organization- even your own bindings aren't exactly symmetrical, and mercifully leave you both upright and with your head free to look around. The spider is nowhere to be seen, and so you struggle at your bindings a bit. Seeing the dried bag of skin that used to be a Carvanha hanging off to the side, you struggle harder. It's of no use.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."
    You crane your neck to look at the speaker.
    "Our furry yellow friend should be able to feel your movement, from wherever she lurks. Maybe if you sit veeeery still she'll just think it's the wind and won't come back to zap you into unconsciousness again."
    Lana Raelli sits on a picnic blanket below, sipping from a thermos. A Chandelure floats beside her.
    "Sorry to have left you hanging, but having Saturn here burn through those webs probably would've incinerated you as well, not to mention the fact that you're unconscious above a river. Speaking of which, how's that splash in the training scene of yours going?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Nathan opens his mouth to say something harsh to the perceived taunting but then realizes his situation and holds his tongue. His current state was considerably less than ideal, though not as bad as he was accustomed to. At least now there was somebody to talk to besides the monotonic steel ball that was Ender. Frowning, he shrugs nonchalantly in the web sac and sighs, "About as well as could be expected really. I'm not going to lie. All things considered, being hung over a river by spider's silk ranks pretty low on the list of things that have happened to me. My first day as a trainer was...much worse than this to say the least. Also, If you plan on letting me loose into the river for the sake of a pun I'll commend you for your sense of situational irony but if you're going to do it I suggest you hurry up with it or leave me be until I figure out some way to free myself." Looking up into the overhanging branches with a grimace he adds, "Hopefully before our 'furry yellow friend' comes looking for a snack."
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-11-16 at 02:14 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ettin in the Playground

Adela:
    You release the Caterpie. It stretches itself, then grunts and nuzzles its head against your leg, purring. Friendly little guy.
    You pick it up and it wriggles around a little bit. You put the wax ball in its legs and wrap it around it, and it sticks.
    You wave your bait in front of the Crustle. It doesn't react much at first, but then it snaps a claw out and snatches the Caterpie from your grasp. It takes a tentative bite, and the Caterpie shrieks and squirms, but it remains in the Crustle's grasp.
    You watch with morbid fascination as the Crustle proceeds to liesurely strip off bits of the Caterpie's flesh and eat it bit by screaming, writhing bit. Thankfully the medicine remains in the Caterpie's grasp the whole time, and ultimately the Crustle devours that with the rest of it.
    The medicine doesn't seem to be doing much but making the Crustle sluggish, but soon enough it slumps down, eyes glazed and quivering, immotile. You have the feelin it would have fallen on its back if it weren't so stable to begin with.
    Spoiler
    Show

Scizor by Mr. Saturn.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

Using the Ursaring as a crutch makes the most sense to T.J. at the time. It would tire out way too easily. "I don't want you put yourself in danger for me. It's safer to travel together. We should just travel with the mountain to our backs, we'll reach the Route eventually." He's ever the optimist, even with a broken ankle.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that worked well enough. Now... well, what, she had to talk nice to it, right? And remember to tell whatserface about it and how it made Crustles sleepy and blah blah blah science things. "Hey big guy. Guy, right? Er. Hi," she says, patting it on the shell. Then she thinks better of it, and aims more for the orange bits of not-so-rocky shell, where it might be able to feel her touch a little better. Kind things, kind things.... "Um, you're really... big? And orange. Very strong." Adela fumbles for words. What would a Crustle even consider nice? "I really need strong Pokemon. Strong like you. You're kinda cool, you know that? You're pretty much the only thing that hasn't tried to eat me in this entire damn forest." How long did she have to do this, now? "That's good. The not eating me bit, I mean. Don't eat me. Please. I need a teammate. Like you. Good... boy? Girl? Oh jeez, I really can't tell, sorry. Whatever you are though, you're good. I like you." Adela leans against the Crustle, patting its side. This medicine better work fast.

Spoiler
    Show

Ah, the wonders of 6 Charisma at work!
    Charisma - (1d20-4)[11] - hey, I'm semi-competent!
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2012-11-19 at 01:53 AM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

Neimi would nod after a moment. "Alright, we'll travel together then. And I suppose that's as good a plan as any." Neimi would eye the mountain for a moment, turn and look in the direction they were about to head, then nod. "Might as well get moving, then." And she'd begin to walk.