New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Green Lantern, but not quite. *M&M 3rd edition.*

So, I've got a character I'm attempting to make a for a M&M DC adventures game. It's powerlevel 10, 150 points, and it's a new Teen Titans theme.

I'm looking to make a character who plays like Green Lantern, but with less raw power and perhaps less versatility. He's a Power level 14 character as per the book.

It's worth mentioning I have very, very, very little experience with this game system and am a long way form system mastery over it, or even competency when it comes to stating the crunch for the characters. (Done one other 3rd edition M&M character and that was a pretty basic super strength punch-in-the-face build.)

It is worth noting that the character is not an actual green lantern and does not have affiliation with the green lantern core, and will feature an at least somewhat different origin story and and fluff to the actual Green Lantern's.

Please help me out playground, cause I'm really, really, REALLY lost on the crunch end of this!
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Green Lantern, but not quite. *M&M 3rd edition.*

Alright!

The question is, which part of the Green Lantern style do you want most? I'm assuming it's the "build objects out of energy for all situations" part, which doesn't require much in the way of flight, energy blasts, or forcefields.

The primary power you're going to want is Create (Page 102). This power lets you build objects out of nothing. The bigger and tougher these objects are, the more they cost. You'll want the Moveable extra, which make it more expensive to buy Create, but let you send your objects swinging around. Dump 30 points into that, and you can create a thousand cubic feet (so a ten foot by ten foot by ten foot cube) of matter, giving you a wide variety of options and still being able to have other skills. (For +10 points, you can also make cars, guns, computers and the like.)

GL himself also has fairly potent Flight and Force Field. The former you can probably scale back a ton; supersonic speed is not as important to a game set in one city. You can even just ride on your constructs if you want, although you'll be doing it at your normal movement rate instead of quickly. The latter you'll have to scale back, since you're only at PL 10, and you probably don't need the spaceflight-level protection.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.