New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

Alright, I finally got around to fixing the Lillend up a bit. Going to take a look at some of my options for other monsters tonight.

Metahuman1, tell me if what I added into constrict is enough, or if it could be done better.

@IkilledtheDevil, can you give me a bit more detail on what you expect the Griffin and Earth Pony to do please so I can tailor the class to that a little better?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

Ok, I like the look of it. I think this set's us up nicely to have it come in in the firm T-3 range. =)
    "I Burn!"

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Ok, I like the look of it. I think this set's us up nicely to have it come in in the firm T-3 range. =)
    Alright, glad to be of service.

Well, today is Thanksgiving, so I'm going to list here what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for all of the people here who have given me ideas, and helped me make my monster classes interesting, if not always unique, especially you Hyudra and Metahuman1.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-22 at 08:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Halfling in the Playground

@IKilledTheDevil, can you give me a bit more detail on what you expect the Griffin and Earth Pony to do please so I can tailor the class to that a little better?
    Griffin: For the Griffin what I was hoping for was generally something a bit more widely accessible to classes other then Fighter and Ranger (and I personally hope to go wizard, (Death from above in ten seconds flat!)) the Griffin class in the Savage Species book was not so as it gave a -6 to Int, and a -2 to Cha. Both of witch combined with the fact that the standard D&D Griffin can't talk or make complex arm/foreleg gestures meant that without a special feat a Griffin player couldn't be a spell caster, and even then with the -6 to Int caster classes that use that score weren't viable to use. That's my main thing the other ideas, I had were of course the cloud walking ability, and as your Pegasus class had the sent ability and RL Eagles have a poor sense of smell, a spot bonus or something in its place would be nice.

Another cool idea I had was that as the Griffin's had "hands" you could add a ability that let's the Griffin rear up on there hind legs and use there wings to balance themselves so they could use standard handheld weapons made for humanoids but have to make a balance check each round before they can do anything that round, and any action that requires multiple rounds to preform requires a check for each one and failing a check means falling prone and wasting that action/round(s), or the Griffin could chose to instead of making balance checks to sit in one spot freeing up there forelegs (gaining the immobilized condition from the Tome of Magic in the process).

Earth Pony: For the Earth Pony a bonus to Str and Con is a must (+2 or +3 each?), as well as the ability to use there tail as an arm, AJ did so to use her lasso in Boast Busters, and Pinkie also used hers to bounce around like Tigger does (so a bonus to jump?), another idea I had came from the MLP fanfic "It's a Dangerous Business, Going out Your Door" in which Earth Pony's are able to "Stand Firm" letting them to root themselves in place and take a bulrush and not budge an inch.
    Story Spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    AJ was able to take a one from a WORLD SNAKE!

And that's all I got for you, I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Quotes to live by
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW
    "It’s important to be different. If we weren’t then there wouldn’t be any difference between us and machines.” Stay Gold, Bronyboy
    "Who’s really the messed up one? The person with the disorder or different religion, different race, sexuality, or even ethnic belief? Or is it the one that stoops so low as to insult them for being unique?" Stay Gold, Bronyboy

Other quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Is anyone else getting a mental image of the most macabre ice-trays ever?

5. - Top - End - #365

May I request all of the following?

Drow 2 levels
    Kraken 12 levels
    Paragon Template 15 levels
    Pseudonatural Template 10 levels
    Umbral Blot 32 levels
    Vermiurge 24 levels

Haven't seen any of these done anywhere, thought they may be interesting.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    May I request all of the following?

Drow 2 levels
    I've seen this done before, I'll post a link when I can find it.

Kraken 12 levels
    Hard, but doable.

Paragon Template 15 levels
    Possible, but a long way off. The template gives me very little to work with. There is absolutely nothing in the base template that is anything more than "Bigger numbers!"

Pseudonatural Template 10 levels
    There's a bit more to work with here, but still the same problem with Paragon.

What I'm more likely to do is do each of them like the Half-Dragon, where you get a few benefits when you first take the class, and then more for every 3 HD you have.

Umbral Blot 32 levels
    Vermiurge 24 levels
    First of all, my max is level 20. This is a hard limit because it's what I feel comfortable doing, and so few games even go that high, it's not really worth making an extra 12 levels beyond that.

Even ignoring the fact that the game just breaks down at epic levels, those would both be ridiculously hard to make just because of the sheer number of levels involved. I mean, I try to give each of my classes 2 or more abilities to look forward to at each level.

Now, even ignoring that, Umbral blot is a construct which is...really hard to do right to say the least.

Haven't seen any of these done anywhere, thought they may be interesting.
    Well, most of your requests are rather hard to work with. I know for a fact I could do Pseudonatural and Paragon, but doing so would require me doing it the same way I did with Half-dragon. I could try a level 15 and level 10 template class for

So, I can do them, but Kraken is the only one I can guarantee would be done exactly the way you're asking. The others could be done the way you're asking, but it would take a very long time. I wouldn't even expect the two epic ones to be done by this time next year.

7. - Top - End - #367

Sorry about that, I didn't read any of the rules for requests assuming they were the same as Oslecamo's.

I'm a recently new DM, but am of the school that, if the DM tries hard enough. They can make Epic levels fun and maintain party balance.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry about that, I didn't read any of the rules for requests assuming they were the same as Oslecamo's.

I'm a recently new DM, but am of the school that, if the DM tries hard enough. They can make Epic levels fun and maintain party balance.
    While true, it is REALLY hard to make a class that long, so I wouldn't want to without really good reason.

And this thread doesn't work the same as his used to. Not to speak ill of him, but his classes varied rather wildly in terms of balance and level of fun, and I try to keep mine more consistent. Sometimes it fails (In the case of the Nightmare, which I still haven't managed to fix) but I think I'm doing pretty well overall.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

You have, but it's worth remembering that somethings are suppose to be inherently amazingly powerful.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

You have, but it's worth remembering that somethings are suppose to be inherently amazingly powerful.
    True.

Also, good news, I've got an idea in mind for the Paragon template.

Doing the Earth pony and Griffin first just because they'll be quicker, but I'll probably wind up doing paragon afterwards.

11. - Top - End - #371

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    True.

Also, good news, I've got an idea in mind for the Paragon template.

Doing the Earth pony and Griffin first just because they'll be quicker, but I'll probably wind up doing paragon afterwards.
    Excellent, I look forward to it, in fact. Since I made the request, I've actually found Oslecamo and his take on the Paragon, and I'm even more excited for your take on it.

There are several classes with multiple interpretations, which I'm likely to end up using both, just because they're that good when compared to each other. Oslecamo and Gorgondantess' versions of the Iron Golem, ChumpLump (with Magicyop's fixes) and Oslecamo's Living Spell and Oslecamo and Hyuudra's Creature of Legend. Each choice, I like both versions too much to pick one over the other. The only time I've made an absolute choice over which I prefer, is with Oslecamo's Tarrasque against, Oslecamo's more recent and more... Balanced () Tarrasque.

I already like Oslecamo's Paragon template, so if you happen to make something with enough differences that I like just as much. Then you would have added some more variety to my world, which would serve to keep my players on their toes even if I decided to show them both versions. Adventurers are allowed to be different and pick variants, why not monsters?

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Can you give me a link to that Paragon so that I can try to avoid treading the same ground by accident?

13. - Top - End - #373

Can you give me a link to that Paragon so that I can try to avoid treading the same ground by accident?
    Here you go.
    http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=4204.0

In fact, I'll do one better, here's the index.
    http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=270.0

Had a quick glace at the Drow, Vermiurge and Kraken, understood the Kraken and Vermiurge, but not the Drow.
    I need to read that entry a bit more carefully. Hopefully I'll enjoy the class, it's very detailed.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

...Eeeugh.

Nice variety, a lot of the abilities are kinda cool even, but that thing is just broken, and packed with WAAAAY too much good stuff.

15. - Top - End - #375

...Eeeugh.

Nice variety, a lot of the abilities are kinda cool even, but that thing is just broken, and packed with WAAAAY too much good stuff.
    True, that's why for my players the Paragon template would have much stricter entry requirements. For monsters, well you know the term "one in a million" right?

It'll be greatly limited to those rare encounters which are far more challenging then they have any right to be. I've got one planned already, both players are gonna have a lot of fun*.

*If you count getting your ass kicked while you cower in fear, as fun.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Firbolg in the Playground

Question: With Illurien, what does knowledge devotion actually do? Asking since it just says "Knowledge devotion (Ex): At 9th level Illurien gains the benefits of Infinite knowledge as well.", which doesn't really make much sense to me.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2012-12-07 at 02:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Question: With Illurien, what does knowledge devotion actually do? Asking since it just says "Knowledge devotion (Ex): At 9th level Illurien gains the benefits of Infinite knowledge as well.", which doesn't really make much sense to me.
    Basically, Infinite Knowledge only gives bonuses to your allies, but at ninth level, it gives the bonuses to you as well.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-07 at 03:53 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Earth pony

Description and Details: Earth ponies vary greatly in size, ranging from just a step above small size to a step below large size for both male and female ones. An Earth pony's coat can be just about any color, and some coats are multiple colors, just like real life horses. Manes and tails can be just about any color, and are often styled in a particular manner. Ponies are also known to occasionally use mane and hair dye.

Adventures: The earth pony is highly protective of it's friends, family, and lands, and will take on missions to assist or defend any of the above. They are also prone to high levels of Loyalty to what ever they worship in your setting.

And finding a home is a part of there Psychology, so they will explore, and by extension, adventure

Alignment: Earth ponies largely favor a good alignment, though neutral, and even downright evil ones are far from unheard of.

Religion: Earth ponies worship the goddesses of the Sun and Moon. If Celestia and Luna do not exist in this setting, they tend to follow good aligned gods of the Harvest, sun, or moon. If an earth pony is evil or has turned away from the worship of their patron gods, they can end up following just about anything.

Ecology and Background: Earth ponies are herbivores who tend to live in land that is good for farming, within forests, or other places where it's easy to get access to a steady supply of plants.

Other Classes: Naturally, it varies depending upon the earth pony, but they tend to be paranoid about classes that are considered to be outside the norm for the setting.

Favored Class: Any

Spoiler
    Show
    HD:d12
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1| +2| +2|+0| Earth Pony,
    [/TABLE]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Balance, Jump, listen, Move silently, Search, Spot, survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope

Proficiencies: The Earth pony is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, light, medium, and heavy armor, and shield including tower shields.

Earth Pony
    The Earth Pony is a magical Beast with low light-vision, Medium size, and a base land speed of 40 feet. The Earth Pony gets a primary natural slam attack dealing 1d8+1 ½ Strength modifier damage

An Earth pony has Flurry of blows as per the Monk, and their Unarmed Strike Advances as the Monk ability of the same name, using HD in place of level. It’s absurd that this needs to be specified, but the Earth pony has proficiency with its unarmed strikes.

An Earth Pony is a quadruped, and therefore follows the rules for quadrupeds when it comes to calculating encumbrance, and are considered exceptionally stable for the purpose of resisting bull-rushes.

Additionally, Earth Ponies are treated as “Mounted” whenever it would benefit them.

Lastly, the Earth pony gains a Natural armor bonus equal to her Constitution Modifier.

Applebuckin’ (Ex):
    At 3 HD, The Earth Pony gains improved Bull rush as a bonus feat even if she doesn’t meet the pre-requisites. Additionally, the Earth pony can make a bull rush attempt without a charge so long as they can hit the target with their unarmed strike.

Stand your Ground (Ex):
    At 6 HD, She gains light fortification, and a bonus on saves against poison, stun, massive damage, and polymorph effects equal to Her HD and she no longer provokes opportunity attacks for making a bull rush

At 6 HD, the Earth pony gains a +2 bonus to all physical ability scores.
    [b]
    Immobile (Ex): [b]
    At 9 HD, the Earth Pony is sturdy as a mountain and she cannot be forced to move against her will.

[b]Bigger, Faster, Stronger (ex):[b]
    At 9 HD, the Earth Pony gains Powerful Build and increases her base land speed by 20. Additionally, her unarmed strike is treated as if she were large sized.

I’m Gonna Wreck it (Ex):

At 12 HD, the Earth Pony may, as a full-round action, strike a solid surface with her hooves and create a shock wave that radiates out from her space and continues for a number of feet equal to 5 x your Hit Dice. Make a bull rush attack by rolling once regardless of how many creatures are in the radius. Every creature in the radius makes strength checks and compares it to your roll. Those who fail their opposed checks are knocked prone. Structures and unattended objects at least partially within the shock wave take damage equal to 1d6 + your Strength bonus.

Unstoppable Force (Ex):
    At 15 HD, the Earth Pony pushes the target of her bull rush back 10 feet for every 5 points by which she beats the opposing strength modifier, and can bull rush enemies up to three size categories larger than her, rather than just one.

Immovable Object (Ex):

At 15 HD, the Earth Pony cannot be the subject of any spell that would cause her to change planes or dimensions against her will, and cannot be the subject of any teleport spell against her will.

Hold the Line (Ex)

At 18 HD, The Earth Pony is now fully immune to poison, stun, massive damage, and polymorph effects against her will and has 100% fortification
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-20 at 02:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Adventures: The earth pony is highly protective of it's friends, family, and lands, and will take on missions to assist or defend any of the above. They are also prone to high levels of Loyalty to what ever they worship in your setting.

And finding a home is a part of there Psychology, so they will explore, and by extension, adventure.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

And finding a home is a part of there Psychology, so they will explore, and by extension, adventure.
    Works for me. Thanks.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Halfling in the Playground

Earth pony
    Look's good, but by Celestia and Luna, did it really take you this long to make this? Because holy HAY! If it take's this long to make just a monster class, I have a new level of respect of those that homebrew whole systems!

Quotes to live by
    Spoiler
    Show

"It’s important to be different. If we weren’t then there wouldn’t be any difference between us and machines.” Stay Gold, Bronyboy
    "Who’s really the messed up one? The person with the disorder or different religion, different race, sexuality, or even ethnic belief? Or is it the one that stoops so low as to insult them for being unique?" Stay Gold, Bronyboy

Other quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Is anyone else getting a mental image of the most macabre ice-trays ever?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IKilledTheDevil View Post
    Look's good, but by Celestia and Luna, did it really take you this long to make this? Because holy HAY! If it take's this long to make just a monster class, I have a new level of respect of those that homebrew whole systems!
    It took me a while to think of how to do it. It doesn't take that long once you get the idea (At least, not for low CR things. High CR ones take almost forever no matter what), it's getting the idea and the motivation that takes a while.

I was also debating for a long while on the way I wanted to do it, because there were a few different ways I could have gone about it.

I'm on Christmas break now though, so creating Monster Classes is a bit easier.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-12-20 at 05:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

Griffin

(Fluff to come in the next few days.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Favored Class: Rogue
    HD:d8
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1|+1|+0| +2|+0| Griffin Body, Sneak attack +1d6
    2|+2|+0| +3|+0| Eagle Screech, Pack Hunter, Avian Eyes
    3|+3|+1| +3|+1| Glide, Death from above, Sneak Attack +2d6
    4|+4|+1| +4|+1| Feline Grace, Crow-hopping, Roar
    [/table]

6 + Int modifier skills per level. Class skills: Appraise, balance, bluff, climb, diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival

Proficiencies:
    The Griffin isn’t proficient with any weapons or armor.

Griffin Body:
    The Griffin has the following racial traits.

The Griffin is a medium quadruped with 40 foot base land speed. It has wings, but they are not functional for flying yet, instead granting a +10 bonus on jump checks. The griffin’s front claws are capable of fine manipulation, and can be used for anything a human hand can do. The Griffin has a bite attack, dealing 1d8 + 1 and ½ Strength modifier damage.

The griffin also has natural armor equal to its Constitution Modifier.

Sneak Attack:
    As per the rogue feature

Eagle Screech (Ex):
    At second level, the Griffin can screech like an eagle. All targets must succeed on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Charisma modifier) or be deafened.

Pack Hunter (Ex):
    When attacking an enemy and flanking, a Griffin gets a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls for each ally that is adjacent to the enemy being flanked.

Avian Eyes (Ex):
    At second level, the Griffin gains a racial bonus on appraise and spot skill checks equal to its HD

Death From Above (Ex):
    If the Griffin hits a flatfooted foe when having previously been elevated at least 10 feet above the enemy, they get half again as many sneak attack dice on the attack rounded down.

Feline Grace: At 4th level, the Griffin gains a racial bonus on hide and move silently checks equal to its HD

Crow Hopping (Ex): At 4th level, the griffin gets to add an effect to its sneak attacks. The Griffin gets to choose which effect to use each time it makes a successful sneak attack. These penalties do not stack. These penalties last until the victim has been healed as much damage as was dealt in order to inflict the penalty.

Go for the eyes: The victim is blinded unless they succeed on a successful reflex save (DC10+1/2 HD +dexterity modifier).

Hobbled: The victim’s base land speed is reduced by 10 feet unless they succeed on a successful fortitude save (DC10+1/2 HD + Strength modifier)

If the victim fails the save against this ability a second time, they can no longer walk. If the victim has more than two legs, this ability must be used against them a sufficient number of times to take down half their legs.

If an opponent has failed their save against hobbled a second time, and they are knocked prone, they may not get back up.

Clipped Wings: This ability can only be used on an opponent up to one size category larger than the griffin or smaller. The foe’s maneuverability is reduced by one unless they succeed on a reflex save (DC 10 + Strength modifier). If this would reduce their maneuverability past clumsy, they are unable to fly.

Carpal Tunneled: The victim’s arm is rendered useless unless they succeed on a fortitude save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Strength modifier) The victim cannot use their hand to hold anything, and drop whatever weapon or shield they’re wielding (Unless it is locked in place or strapped on).

Broken Jaw: Unless the victim succeeds on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Dexterity modifier)The victim’s mouth is damaged in some way, making it exceptionally hard for them to speak. Any spellcaster affected has a 50% chance to screw up any spell they’re casting.

If the opponent has a bite attack, the griffin may instead elect to deprive them of their ability to bite. The save is instead a fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ HD + Strength Modifier).

If the opponent has multiple heads, this ability has to be used once per head.

Guillotine: Unless the victim succeeds on a fortitude save (DC 10+ ½ HD + strength modifier) the victim cannot ingest any food or swallow any liquids. If the victim fails another save against this ability, they cannot breathe.

Hit The Dirt:
    Unless the opponent succeeds on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Dexterity modifier) they are knocked prone.

Roar (Su): At 4th level, the Griffin may let loose a threatening roar, frightening some enemies, and sending others barreling. The Griffin’s roar affects all hostile creatures in a 30 foot cone. The size of the cone increases by 5 for each 2 HD the griffin gains from this point on.

First, the roar inspires fear in the griffin’s enemies. If the enemy fails a will save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Wisdom modifier) the enemy is shaken. A successful save negates this effect.

At 8 HD, the affected enemies are instead frightened, fleeing in fear of the Griffin if possible.

At 14 HD, the affected enemy is instead cowering.

This portion of the ability is a fear effect

Next, enemies within the Griffin’s area of effect are blown back, as if by an enormous wind. Grounded enemies are blown back 1d4 X 10 feet, flying enemies are blown back 2d6 X 10 feet.

At 8 HD, grounded enemies are blown back 1d6 X 10 feet

At 12 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 1d8 X 10 feet and flying enemies are blown back 3d6 X 10 feet

At 16 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 2d6 X 10 feet

At 20 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 3d6 X 10 feet, and flying enemies are blown back 4d6 X 10 feet.

This ability does not affect enemies who are larger than the Griffin.

Claws: At 6 HD, the Griffin gains 2 secondary claw attacks for 1d6 + ½ Strength modifier damage each.

Flight: At 6 HD, the griffin gains the ability to fly. The griffin can fly 10 feet per HD, with poor maneuverability.

Growth (Ex):
    At 6 HD, the Griffin may grow a size category (ordinarily to Large size). Its AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills Change accordingly, but it doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

Looking for a few suggestions for extra effects for the Crow-hopping ability.

Glad to get back to this after being delayed for so long.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Good to see you back. =)

The table only lists 4 levels, the text says 6. And the natural weapons don't happen till 6th level on a class that doesn't give any proficiencies, not even natural weapons or your own body? That might be a design flaw. More so since you have to take this as level one and per monster class rules, finish it out, so unless you burn feats, your first several levels leave you unable to attack with out at least a -4 penalty if at all.
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Good to see you back. =)

The table only lists 4 levels, the text says 6. And the natural weapons don't happen till 6th level on a class that doesn't give any proficiencies, not even natural weapons or your own body? That might be a design flaw. More so since you have to take this as level one and per monster class rules, finish it out, so unless you burn feats, your first several levels leave you unable to attack with out at least a -4 penalty if at all.
    Ah, my mistake, it's been a while. I'm a bit out of practice.

Basically, you get the features a few levels after you finish the class, because it seems a little extreme to give them growth, flight, 3 natural attacks, ETC. in only 4 levels. If you have a better way of doing it, I'm more than willing to take suggestions.

However, I did forget to write in Glide.

Also, unlike normal WOTC monster classes, if for some reason you want to, you actually only have to take the first one. You're allowed to multiclass out at any time after the first level.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-08-16 at 11:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

Could we perhaps get a list of links to the other monster classes (from previous threads) in the OP? I've been looking everywhere for a place where they're all together, so I can find the class I'm looking for without having to search for hours.
    Also, am I the only one who has noticed that the name under the thread title, when you go into the Homebrew Design forum, is still 'Soft Serve'? O_O

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, my mistake, it's been a while. I'm a bit out of practice.

Basically, you get the features a few levels after you finish the class, because it seems a little extreme to give them growth, flight, 3 natural attacks, ETC. in only 4 levels. If you have a better way of doing it, I'm more than willing to take suggestions.

However, I did forget to write in Glide.

Also, unlike normal WOTC monster classes, if for some reason you want to, you actually only have to take the first one. You're allowed to multiclass out at any time after the first level.
    I'd give them one natural weapon and proficiency with there own body, move one ability back as a trade so that they can properly attack the first few levels.
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Could we perhaps get a list of links to the other monster classes (from previous threads) in the OP? I've been looking everywhere for a place where they're all together, so I can find the class I'm looking for without having to search for hours.
    Also, am I the only one who has noticed that the name under the thread title, when you go into the Homebrew Design forum, is still 'Soft Serve'? O_O
    I'd rather not. For one, the quality of earlier monster classes was iffy to say the least. For another, in order for me to want to put something in my opening post, it'd have to be something I support, and I don't feel comfortable supporting posters who have been banned.

So, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse.

I'd give them one natural weapon and proficiency with there own body, move one ability back as a trade so that they can properly attack the first few levels.
    Alright. The reason that most monster classes don't grant more than a single attack before level 6 is, it gives them more attacks than melee classes before they even get their own extra attacks.

I'll edit it tomorrow. Tonight, I just want to relax before bed. I've got another busy day tomorrow.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

I'd rather not. For one, the quality of earlier monster classes was iffy to say the least. For another, in order for me to want to put something in my opening post, it'd have to be something I support, and I don't feel comfortable supporting posters who have been banned.

So, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to refuse.

Alright. The reason that most monster classes don't grant more than a single attack before level 6 is, it gives them more attacks than melee classes before they even get their own extra attacks.

I'll edit it tomorrow. Tonight, I just want to relax before bed. I've got another busy day tomorrow.
    1: Might not be a bad idea to provide a set of links at the starting post to your own monster classes though. Make your own creations easier to find and all that.

2: That's understandable, I'm just saying it might be wise to make sure that they do get the one attack before level 6 so they can funtion. =)
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

1: Might not be a bad idea to provide a set of links at the starting post to your own monster classes though. Make your own creations easier to find and all that.
    I Already have that. They're in alphabetical order to boot.

2: That's understandable, I'm just saying it might be wise to make sure that they do get the one attack before level 6 so they can funtion. =)
    Yeah, that was an oversight be me. It'll get fixed today.