New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

Cool. Very Cool. =)
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #392
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Marvelous Manual of Monster Class Mania! (3.5 Taking requests)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Griffin

(Fluff to come in the next few days.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Favored Class: Rogue
    HD:d8
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1|+1|+0| +2|+0| Griffin Body, Sneak attack +1d6
    2|+2|+0| +3|+0| Eagle Screech, Pack Hunter, Avian Eyes
    3|+3|+1| +3|+1| Glide, Death from above, Sneak Attack +2d6
    4|+4|+1| +4|+1| Feline Grace, Crow-hopping, Roar
    [/table]

6 + Int modifier skills per level. Class skills: Appraise, balance, bluff, climb, diplomacy, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival

Proficiencies:
    The Griffin isn’t proficient with any weapons or armor.

Griffin Body:
    The Griffin has the following racial traits.

The Griffin is a medium quadruped with 40 foot base land speed. It has wings, but they are not functional for flying yet, instead granting a +10 bonus on jump checks. The griffin’s front claws are capable of fine manipulation, and can be used for anything a human hand can do. The Griffin has a bite attack, dealing 1d8 + 1 and ½ Strength modifier damage.

The griffin also has natural armor equal to its Constitution Modifier.

Sneak Attack:
    As per the rogue feature

Eagle Screech (Ex):
    At second level, the Griffin can screech like an eagle. All targets must succeed on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Charisma modifier) or be deafened.

Pack Hunter (Ex):
    When attacking an enemy and flanking, a Griffin gets a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls for each ally that is adjacent to the enemy being flanked.

Avian Eyes (Ex):
    At second level, the Griffin gains a racial bonus on appraise and spot skill checks equal to its HD

Death From Above (Ex):
    If the Griffin hits a flatfooted foe when having previously been elevated at least 10 feet above the enemy, they get half again as many sneak attack dice on the attack rounded down.

Feline Grace: At 4th level, the Griffin gains a racial bonus on hide and move silently checks equal to its HD

Crow Hopping (Ex): At 4th level, the griffin gets to add an effect to its sneak attacks. The Griffin gets to choose which effect to use each time it makes a successful sneak attack. These penalties do not stack. These penalties last until the victim has been healed as much damage as was dealt in order to inflict the penalty.

Go for the eyes: The victim is blinded unless they succeed on a successful reflex save (DC10+1/2 HD +dexterity modifier).

Hobbled: The victim’s base land speed is reduced by 10 feet unless they succeed on a successful fortitude save (DC10+1/2 HD + Strength modifier)

If the victim fails the save against this ability a second time, they can no longer walk. If the victim has more than two legs, this ability must be used against them a sufficient number of times to take down half their legs.

If an opponent has failed their save against hobbled a second time, and they are knocked prone, they may not get back up.

Clipped Wings: This ability can only be used on an opponent up to one size category larger than the griffin or smaller. The foe’s maneuverability is reduced by one unless they succeed on a reflex save (DC 10 + Strength modifier). If this would reduce their maneuverability past clumsy, they are unable to fly.

Carpal Tunneled: The victim’s arm is rendered useless unless they succeed on a fortitude save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Strength modifier) The victim cannot use their hand to hold anything, and drop whatever weapon or shield they’re wielding (Unless it is locked in place or strapped on).

Broken Jaw: Unless the victim succeeds on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Dexterity modifier)The victim’s mouth is damaged in some way, making it exceptionally hard for them to speak. Any spellcaster affected has a 50% chance to screw up any spell they’re casting.

If the opponent has a bite attack, the griffin may instead elect to deprive them of their ability to bite. The save is instead a fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ HD + Strength Modifier).

If the opponent has multiple heads, this ability has to be used once per head.

Guillotine: Unless the victim succeeds on a fortitude save (DC 10+ ½ HD + strength modifier) the victim cannot ingest any food or swallow any liquids. If the victim fails another save against this ability, they cannot breathe.

Hit The Dirt:
    Unless the opponent succeeds on a reflex save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Dexterity modifier) they are knocked prone.

Roar (Su): At 4th level, the Griffin may let loose a threatening roar, frightening some enemies, and sending others barreling. The Griffin’s roar affects all hostile creatures in a 30 foot cone. The size of the cone increases by 5 for each 2 HD the griffin gains from this point on.

First, the roar inspires fear in the griffin’s enemies. If the enemy fails a will save (DC 10+ ½ HD + Wisdom modifier) the enemy is shaken. A successful save negates this effect.

At 8 HD, the affected enemies are instead frightened, fleeing in fear of the Griffin if possible.

At 14 HD, the affected enemy is instead cowering.

This portion of the ability is a fear effect

Next, enemies within the Griffin’s area of effect are blown back, as if by an enormous wind. Grounded enemies are blown back 1d4 X 10 feet, flying enemies are blown back 2d6 X 10 feet.

At 8 HD, grounded enemies are blown back 1d6 X 10 feet

At 12 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 1d8 X 10 feet and flying enemies are blown back 3d6 X 10 feet

At 16 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 2d6 X 10 feet

At 20 HD, Grounded enemies are blown back 3d6 X 10 feet, and flying enemies are blown back 4d6 X 10 feet.

This ability does not affect enemies who are larger than the Griffin.

Claws: At 6 HD, the Griffin gains 2 secondary claw attacks for 1d6 + ½ Strength modifier damage each.

Flight: At 6 HD, the griffin gains the ability to fly. The griffin can fly 10 feet per HD, with poor maneuverability.

Growth (Ex):
    At 6 HD, the Griffin may grow a size category (ordinarily to Large size). Its AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills Change accordingly, but it doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Also You need to fix some bolding and spacing issues in the Earth pony entry:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stand your Ground (Ex):
    At 6 HD, She gains light fortification, and a bonus on saves against poison, stun, massive damage, and polymorph effects equal to Her HD and she no longer provokes opportunity attacks for making a bull rush

At 6 HD, the Earth pony gains a +2 bonus to all physical ability scores.
    [b]
    Immobile (Ex): [b]

At 9 HD, the Earth Pony is sturdy as a mountain and she cannot be forced to move against her will.

[b]Bigger, Faster, Stronger (ex):[b]
    At 9 HD, the Earth Pony gains Powerful Build and increases her base land speed by 20. Additionally, her unarmed strike is treated as if she were large sized.

Quotes to live by
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW
    "It’s important to be different. If we weren’t then there wouldn’t be any difference between us and machines.” Stay Gold, Bronyboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyW
    "Who’s really the messed up one? The person with the disorder or different religion, different race, sexuality, or even ethnic belief? Or is it the one that stoops so low as to insult them for being unique?" Stay Gold, Bronyboy

Other quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    Is anyone else getting a mental image of the most macabre ice-trays ever?

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hello again! I know you are busy but I was wondering if you still might be able to get to my request from some time before please.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Hey there. Is requests still possible? I was wondering if you might be able to class up the Greathorn Minotaur from Monster Manual IV please.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Hello again! I know you are busy but I was wondering if you still might be able to get to my request from some time before please.
    I'll try and get started on it and one or two others tonight after making some edits on the Griffin and Earth pony.

Sorry that this has been dead for so long. I plan on fixing that.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Slightly different request.

I was wondering if you could 3.5 a 4e homebrew race?

The race is Morphling and I think the creator is Surrealistik.
    Actually I found the post.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210351

It has powers which can be the racial abilities at certain levels. Is it too much that it is 4e?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    Slightly different request.

I was wondering if you could 3.5 a 4e homebrew race?

The race is Morphling and I think the creator is Surrealistik.
    Actually I found the post.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210351

It has powers which can be the racial abilities at certain levels. Is it too much that it is 4e?
    Yeah, it is. I have no experience converting between editions. I could do Pathfinder->3.5, but that'd be about it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, just wanted to make a suggestion since they are classic DnD creatures and have a bit to work with ability wise. Could you potentially make a Balor class? Since they're generally Demon leaders you could even make it a semi leader class, bonking grunts in the back of the head to get them going and fighting. Just a suggestion to the suggestion, since they are CR 20 you'd need some padding, so that just seemed like a cool aspect to add in.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Hey, just wanted to make a suggestion since they are classic DnD creatures and have a bit to work with ability wise. Could you potentially make a Balor class? Since they're generally Demon leaders you could even make it a semi leader class, bonking grunts in the back of the head to get them going and fighting. Just a suggestion to the suggestion, since they are CR 20 you'd need some padding, so that just seemed like a cool aspect to add in.
    I definitely want to do a Balor class, it's just that school is keeping me from working on stuff, and 20 level classes are a pain in the ass. There will obviously be some changes from the original (Blasphemy is just an awful spell. It's bad and should feel bad.) but I'll try to keep things mostly intact.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    That's all well and good (Well, you know what I mean.), but I want my Titan class first! XD

I kid, I kid!
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    That's all well and good (Well, you know what I mean.), but I want my Titan class first! XD

I kid, I kid!
    Any chance you have Aol Instant Messenger, Skype, or Steam info you could send me?

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

Closest thing I have is a facebook. Would that do?
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Closest thing I have is a facebook. Would that do?
    Unfortunately no. I deleted my facebook several years ago, and just from the general vibe I get from it, really do not want to go back.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Well, to the PM's then?

Or, could create the facebook, message me, and then once we've concluded our business re-delete it. Just a though.
    "I Burn!"