New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Nope. There more like shelless, clannish squirtles.
    Ah, interesting.

Hmm. I'm just going to work on Illurien regardless of the fact that Nightmare isn't quite perfect right now.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Giant space hamsters? You've either been playing Spelljammer or reading Sam and Fuzzy. Either way, glad to hear the Illurien is on her way In return, I'll give you a critique/review of one of your other monsters later.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Current characters: None, looking for a game.

Homebrew!

Wow, it's been a while. Sorry for the unexplained absence!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    Giant space hamsters? You've either been playing Spelljammer or reading Sam and Fuzzy. Either way, glad to hear the Illurien is on her way In return, I'll give you a critique/review of one of your other monsters later.
    This Specifically.

Gah. My motivation tank is at zero and needs a refill. I'll get back to her, but maybe not until Sunday. I've got a 4 Hour D&D session tomorrow, and then getting on to talk to people for a bit, then a nap, and then I don't know what. Maybe a slice of Pumpkin roll.

I'm going to stop rambling now

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

I always wanted one in my game just for the excuse to tell it to go for the eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Once I finally finish Illurien, I'm likely going to be taking a break from monster classes.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm sorry to hear that!

Hulking Hurler can get something like (10^83)d6 damage, which is many orders of magnitude greater than the number of particles in the universe.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mootoall View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that!
    Eh, it won't be very long. Just a week or two. I need to attend to some things in real life, and I'm kinda tired. This may just be fatigued mumbling.

Also: This is why I don't consistently do high CR classes. They take a long time, and I tend to feel burnt out afterwards.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Firbolg in the Playground

Once I finally finish Illurien, I'm likely going to be taking a break from monster classes.
    Understandable. I like number crunching as much as the next person, but I do dislike the sheer time it takes to come up with a good result. Come back to this soon, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, before you get back I'll have a critique up

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hey guys! I just wanted to post a suggestion for a monster. I mentioned it in the closed thread, but would a Blue Slaad be possible? It's level adjustment is 6 and its in the Monster Manual Core Rulebook III version 3.5. It says they are supposed to be very strong, but also very dextrious which I find interesting... along with the HUGE claws on its hands. It doesnt seem like it gets too many abilities which I read you dont like to make up too many, but their descriptions give some good ideas I think. Hope you havent lost your love for making monster classes

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elsquanday View Post
    Hey guys! I just wanted to post a suggestion for a monster. I mentioned it in the closed thread, but would a Blue Slaad be possible? It's level adjustment is 6 and its in the Monster Manual Core Rulebook III version 3.5. It says they are supposed to be very strong, but also very dextrious which I find interesting... along with the HUGE claws on its hands. It doesnt seem like it gets too many abilities which I read you dont like to make up too many, but their descriptions give some good ideas I think. Hope you havent lost your love for making monster classes
    No, haven't lost my love. Just been delayed the last few days.

Cousins keeping me up until 5 AM playing Magic: the Gathering isn't great for progress.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Illurien of the Myriad Glimpses (Monster Manual five.)

Description:
    A dancing array of droplets swirls before you. In the midst of this storm stands a slender but extremely tall female clad in gray robes. She has no facial features other than her vivid blue eyes. With a Graceful Motion, she beckons to you.

Adventures:
    Illurien will likely only adventure for one reason; Because there is knowledge to be gained, and she wants it. This can mean many things. She could be trying to drain an Archmage of his intelligence to gain his knowledge, she may be looking for lost tomes of ancient lore, or she may simply be looking for items to help in her search.

Alignment: Illurien is unlikely to care what it takes to obtain the knowledge she desires, who she has to drain to get it, or what she has to go through to get her way. For this reason, Illurien is probably Neutral Evil.

Religion: There are rumors that Illurien was created by Vecna. If this is the case, she probably worships Him. Otherwise, she probably worships nothing.

Ecology/Background:
    A strange creature composed of countless tears and raindrops, Illurien of the Myriad Glimpses is a collector of Information and a keeper of secrets. She believes it is her right to take whatever knowledge she desires from what beings she desires it from. She is largely untrustworthy, and any who seek to gain knowledge from her must appease her in some way, often with a gift of knowledge she does not yet know, or some way to gain said knowledge. Appeasing her is extraordinarly hard for there is little Illurien does not know.

Other Classes:
    Illurien will work with just about anyone who she thinks can lead her to greater knowledge. If they can't, they either aren't worth her time, or are fodder for her knowledge draining abilities.

Favored Class:
    Factotum

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

HD:d8
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0| +0| +0| +2| Body of Knowledge, Tempest Lash, Home Library,+1 Intelligence
    2| +1| +0| +0| +3| Improved body of Knowledge, Detect Magic, Read Magic,
    3| +2| +1| +1| +3| Fast Healing, Storm of Visions, Knowing Blade, +1 Intelligence
    4| +3| +1| +1| +4| Infinite Knowledge, Identify, Detect Thoughts, Locate Object, +1 Charisma
    5| +3| +1| +1| +4| Knowledge absorption, Spell Resistance, +1 Intelligence
    6| +4| +2| +2| +5| Mindsight, Conundrum, Tongues, Arcane Sight
    7| +5| +2| +2| +5| Greater Body of Knowledge, Flight, +1 Intelligence
    8| +6| +2| +2| +6| Pointed Knowledge, Scrying, Locate Creature, +1 Charisma
    9| +6| +3| +3| +6| Knowledge Devotion, Damage Reduction, Aptitude Larceny, +1 Intelligence
    10| +7| +3| +3| +7|Large size, Contact Other Plane, Telepathic Bond
    11| +8| +3| +3| +7| Blindsight, Perfect Body of Knowledge, +1 Intelligence
    12| +9| +4| +4| +8| Titanium Mind, Analyze Dweomer, Legend lore, +1 Charisma
    13| +9| +4| +4| +8| Cloud of Foresight, Body of Tears, +1 Intelligence,
    14| +10| +4| +4| +9| Freedom of Movement, Plane Shift, Vision
    15| +11| +5| +5| +9| Perfected Aptitude Larceny, Authenaum Nefarious, Induced Amnesia +1 Intelligence, +1 Charisma

[/TABLE]
    6+Int modifier Skills per level. Class skills:
    Appraise, Bluff, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, Knowledge (All skills, taken individually), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Use Magic Device.

Proficiencies: Illurien isn't proficient with any weapons or armor except for Tempest Lash.

Body of Knowledge (Ex):
    Illurien loses all other racial traits and gains Darkvision 60 feet, a base move speed of 30 feet, and she gains the tempest lash ability. She is incapable of speaking but has telepathy out to 40 feet, and the range increases by an extra 10 feet per HD.

Illurien is treated as an outsider in all respects (For the purposes of spells, qualifying for templates or prestige classes, ETC.) but does not gain any of the traditional racial traits other than those explicitly mentioned.

She also has a Natural Armor bonus equal to her Constitution modifier.

Lastly, she has electricity resistance equal to her HD

Tempest lash (Ex):
    Illurien can use tempest lash as a standard action. The damage is equal to 1d6+ her strength modifier and she gets iterative attacks with the ability based on her BAB. This ability is treated as a natural weapon and scales with size.

Home Library:
    This library is located in the Outlands but can be reached by plane shift. the library can be expanded with extra rooms to help Illurien in her search for knowledge and she gains an extra room at 4 HD, and every 4 HD after that. In addition, the library grants a +1 bonus to all knowledge checks made within it per 2 HD. Illurien can reach her library through her own plane shift SLA.

Choosable rooms

Spoiler
    Show

Divination room:
    This room contains the normal material for a scrying spell and extra materials to make sure divination spells succeed. The room grants a +1 bonus to checks related to divination spells for each 4 HD Illurien has. In addition, at 10th level, Illurien can make a caster level check against the caster level of an effect that would prevent her divination used in this room from working. Her caster level is equal to her hit dice for this purpose.

Item creation room:
    This room grants 1 item creation feat. At 10th level, Illurien doesn't need to know the spells required for an item, as long as she meets the required caster level. Her caster level is equal to her hit dice.
    Additionally, if she is able to craft magic weapons, she can enchant her tempest lash.
    Special:
    This option can be taken multiple times, granting another item creation feat each time.

Rest/Sustenance room:
    This room acts almost as a ring of sustenance for anyone within. The room expands to fit the size of her allies as needed, and any who take a short rest (Five minutes or so) in the room are treated as having had enough food and water to sustain them throughout the day. Party members need sleep or trance for only 2 hours while within the room to get the benefits of a full night's sleep.

Healing Room:
    All Healing spells used in this room have their effects treated as if the empower metamagic were used on them.

Special This room can be taken up to 4 times. If taken a second time, all healing spells are maximized. If taken a third time, all healing spells are treated as empower and maximized. If Chosen a fourth time, the effects of the spells are maximized and then doubled.

Expanded Library:
    Illurien's bonus on Knowledge checks within her library becomes equal to her Total Hit dice.

Ability Boost (Ex):
    At 1st level, and every subsequent odd level, Illurien gains a +1 bonus to intelligence for a total of +8 at level 15. At 4th, 8th, 12th and 15th level, her Charisma increases by +1 for a total of a +4 bonus to her Charisma score at 15th level.

Improved Body of Knowledge:
    At second level Illurien gains a bonus on saves against poison, paralysis, and disease equal to her HD. In addition, she simply needs to trance instead of sleep.

SLAs (Su):
    At 2nd level, Illurien can use Detect Magic and Read Magic as SLAs at-will.

At 4th level, Illurien can use Identify, detect thoughts and locate Object as SLAs 1/day per 2 HD

At 6th level, Illurien can use Arcane Sight and Tongues as SLAs 1/day per 3 HD. Once/if “Pointed Knowledge” is gained, Tongues is replaced with Clairaudience/Clairvoyance which is usable at the same frequency.

At 8th level, Illurien can use Scrying and Locate Creature as SLAs 1/day per 4 HD

At 16 HD, Scrying becomes Scrying Greater.

At 10th level, Illurien can use Contact other Plane and Telepathic Bond as SLAs 1/day per 5 HD

At 12th level, Illurien can use Analyze Dweomer and Legend Lore as SLAs 1/day per 6 HD

At 14th level, Illurien can use Plane Shift and Greater Arcane Sight as SLAs 1/day per 7 HD

Infinite Knowledge (Ex): At 4th level, Illurien can now use all that knowledge she's gained to good use. A number of times per day equal to her intelligence modifier (minimum of 1), she may expend a move action to make a knowledge check against whatever she may be facing: local for monstrous humanoids, arcane for magical beasts and dragons, Architecture/Engineering for constructs, dungeoneering for aberrations & oozes, the planes for outsiders & elementals, nature for animals & fey, nobility & royalty for humanoids, and geography for giants. The DC of this knowledge check is 15. If she succeeds, all allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus to AC against the creature's attacks (or creatures, if there are multiple creatures of the same race). This bonus increases by an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 7 HD, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to saves against the creature's abilities, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 10 HD, Illurien may instead grant +1d6 damage to attacks against the creature, plus an additional 1d6 for every 10 points Illurien succeeds by.
    Starting at 13 HD, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to Attack against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.
    Starting at 16 HD, Illurien may instead grant a +1 bonus to DCs of any ability used against the creature, plus an additional 1 for every 10 points she succeeds by.

Storm of visions (Su):The watery droplets that surround Illurien are the collected fragments of the knowledge she has accumulated. At 4th level, at the end of Each of Illurien's turns each enemy within 30 feet of her is dazzled for one round.

At 9 HD, all enemies within 40 feet of Illurien at the end of each of her turns are both Dazzled and Sickened.

At 14 HD, Each enemy within 50 feet of Illurien at the end of each of her turns becomes Dazzled, Sickened, and Entangled, and the effects of Storm of Vision bypasses any sort of immunity to the effects.

At 19 HD, each enemy within 60 feet of Illurien at the end of each of her turns becomes dazzled, sickened, entangled, and is knocked prone.

Knowledge absorption (Su):
    At 5th level, each hit with her Tempest Lash deals 1 intelligence damage, and grants Illurien 5 temporary hit points per point of intelligence drained.

At 10 HD, the amount of intelligence damage increases to 2 per hit.

At 15 HD, the amount of intelligence damage increases to 3 per hit.

At 20 HD, the amount of intelligence damage increases to 4 per hit.

Spell Resistance (Ex):
    At fifth level, Illurien gains Spell Resistance equal to her HD+11

Knowing Blade (Su): At fifth level, Illurien gains another special ability. Using her Knowing Blade precludes her from using her tempest lash in the same round. As a Standard action, Illurien may make a touch attack against one monster. If successful, the attack deals damage equal to three times Her HD. This increases again every 5 HD afterwards becoming Four times her HD at 10 HD, Five times her HD at 15, ETC.

This is damage cannot be reduced in any way.

Mindsight (Su):
    At 6th level, Illurien can detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless (anything with an Intelligence score of 1 or higher) within range of her telepathy. This works much like blindsense - she knows what square each thinking being is in, but does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless Illurien can see it by some other means.
    Illurien also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and Intelligence score. Illurien need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight

Conundrum (Su):
    At 6th level, as a standard action, Illurien can choose a number of enemies equal to Half her HD within a range of 5 feet per HD. These enemies must make a will save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier) or have their combat abilities severely hampered. If affected, the number of iterative attacks an enemy can make in a full round action is reduced by 1. If this would reduce an enemy's number of attacks to zero, they can't attack at all. Additionally, if the enemy is capable of casting spells, that spell takes one action greater to cast than it normally would. Swift actions take move actions, move actions take standard actions, and Standard actions take full round actions. A spell cannot take longer than a full round action when affected in this way.

At 16 HD, enemies get two less attacks on iterative attacks, and spells take two actions greater than they normally would.

Greater body of knowledge(Ex): At 7th level, Illurien only needs to trance for 4 hours, is immune to poison and disease and gains a bonus on saves against the fatigue and exhausted conditions equal to her HD. In addition, she can take 10 on knowledge checks even in a threatening situation.

Flight (Su):
    At 7th level, Illurien can fly at a speed of 10 feet per HD with average Maneuverability.

At 15 HD, her maneuverability improves to Good.

At 20 HD, her Maneuverability improves to Perfect.

Pointed Knowledge (Ex):
    At 8th Level, Illurien knows all languages. All of them.

Knowledge devotion (Ex):
    At 9th level Illurien gains the benefits of Infinite knowledge as well.

Damage Reduction (Ex):
    At level 9, Illurien Gains DR/Good equal to half her HD.

Aptitude Larceny (Su): At 9th level, Illurien's tempest Lash improves still further. Every time she hits an enemy with her Tempest Lash, she can choose one skill that enemy has ranks in. For the next hour, she is treated as having half her HD in skill ranks (Or additional) ranks, for that skill.

At level 15, she can instead choose a class feature with the following restrictions.
    1. She can't choose any feature that requires something she lacks. As an example, she cannot gain a breath weapon as she does not have a mouth, and she cannot gain rake as she does not have claws.
    2. She cannot gain any spellcasting, manifesting, binding, Shadow Magic, invocations, True naming, Maneuvers or incarnum abilities.
    3. She cannot choose improved versions of features before choosing the first versions of those features. She cannot gain improved evasion without first choosing (Or having) evasion.

These benefits also last for one hour.

Growth (Ex):
    At level 10, Illurien may grow a size category (ordinarily to Large size). Her AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills Change accordingly, but she doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Blindsight (Su): At level 11, Illurien gains the Blindsight ability. The range of this ability is half her telepathy range.

Perfected body of knowledge (Ex):
    At 11th level, Illurien no longer needs to trance, is immune to effects that would make her fall asleep, and is immune to the fatigued and exhausted conditions.

Titanium Mind (Ex):
    At 12th level, Illurien becomes immune to any penalty to her mental faculties. Her mental ability scores cannot be drained, damaged, or receive penalties from any source.

Cloud of Foresight (Su): At 13th level, Illurien adds her Intelligence modifier as a deflection bonus to her AC.

Body of Tears (Ex): Despite being made of liquid, Illurien doesn't conduct electricity. At 13th level, Illurien becomes immune to Electricity damage.

Freedom of Movement (Su):
    At 14th level, Illurien benefits from a constant Freedom of Movement effect.

Authenaum Nefarious:
    At 15th level, Illurien's library has become the legendary Authenaum Nefarious. those within the library and their equipment become immune to all forms of divination, as if they did not exist. This place cannot be entered by anyone Illurien does not allow within, and all attempts to teleport into the location automatically fail unless she says otherwise.

In addition, any time Illurien would die, she rejuvenates within her library two days later. This does not work when she dies from abilities that have an explicitly defined way the being in question has to be brought back (I.E. Miracle, Wish, limited wish, ETC.).

Induced Amnesia (Su): At 15th level, Illurien can make enemies forget what they once knew. As a standard action she may choose one enemy within 10 feet per HD. That enemy must make a will save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier). If the enemy fails, whatever action they took on their last turn, be it casting a spell, making a full attack, total defense, charging, ETC. Cannot be repeated on their next turn, or she can make it so that whatever action they take on their next turn cannot be repeated.

comments:
    Spoiler
    Show

It doesn't say where her flight originates, and she doesn't have wings, so I assumed it was levitation.

The “Know about the creature's age, date of birth, important events in their lives, ETC.” thing was definitely a DM only tool, so I left that out of pointed Knowledge.

I changed around cloud of foresight because I'm trying to reduce the amount of rolling required for this class. Same thing for Storm of visions.

Knowledge devotion and Mindsight are both feats that are going to be taken ASAP, and they made sense with her, so I just gave her both of the abilities as class features. Blindsight is just a supplement to her mindsight ability.

I gave her several abilities to make her more interesting in combat, which were created with the help of Hyudra.. Thanks again.

Induced Amnesia could probably be better.
    I'm not sure if the benefits from Aptitude Larceny last long enough.

I figure knowing Blade scales well enough that it will be usable in situations her Tempest lash isn't.

She could use more chooseable rooms

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Favored Class changed from Archivist to Factotum

Clarified what she keeps about the outsider type.

Changed the growth to "May"

Standardized Knowledge skill.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 10:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. Since I think it's fairly relevant, and warrants its own post I'm taking a week or two long break from making monster classes. After that I'll start work on...something. Not quite sure what right now. Whatever tickles my fancy really.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Illurien: SQUEEEEEEEEEE. I'll have a more thorough analysis up at some point (promise!) but for now, I just wanna say I'm very happy

Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Barbarian in the Playground

Love it, except for the fact that for a creature meant to be an Archivist in goes 15 levels with no casting whatsoever...

Maybe give it 1/2 Archivist casting? At the cost of other reductions as an option?
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Love it, except for the fact that for a creature meant to be an Archivist in goes 15 levels with no casting whatsoever...
    This is the main problem I have with her. I can't think of any class she could gain levels in that would be useful and would fit her flavor. By the time one would finish the Illurien class, there's not really anything good she can get within those last five levels short of dips.

This is of course assuming a maximum level of 20, which is no guarantee.

Would "Favored Class: Any" work for her?

Maybe give it 1/2 Archivist casting? At the cost of other reductions as an option?
    Half casting would be a pain to do properly. Casting in general is a pain to do properly.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-12-05 at 11:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground

Favored classes are kinda silly to begin with. I haven't had a game in years that actually used them. They really serve, at the end of the day, to indicate what class you'd go into from Illurien (or whatever).

Maybe factotum, instead?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Favored classes are kinda silly to begin with. I haven't had a game in years that actually used them. They really serve, at the end of the day, to indicate what class you'd go into from Illurien (or whatever).
    I agree, but not every DM does, and if I made all monster classes with the rules I prefer as a DM, I suspect a lot of the interest in my classes would be lost fast.

Maybe factotum, instead?
    Factotum does seem like it would work better. I'll change it to that.

19. - Top - End - #229

My main problem is that because it doesn't gain casting or offensive combat features, it mostly gains utility. The problem is it'd be better to play almost anything else for those 15 levels, or maybe take Illurien for a few levels to qualify for some class (I'd take usually around 5-7 levels, 7 if I wanted flight). Otherwise I'd just use it for a 1 level dip to get Outsider status and an NA boost...
    My Extended Homebrewer's Signature

Gunslinger avatar and banner by Flumphy.

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Auron avatar by C-Lam

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    My main problem is that because it doesn't gain casting or offensive combat features, it mostly gains utility.
    Knowing Blade, Knowledge absorption, Knowledge devotion, and Induced Amnesia all work as offensive abilities. Though, I admit she could use some ranged ones as well. Also, there's nothing wrong with utility. Isn't that pretty much the Rogue's job description?
    The problem is it'd be better to play almost anything else for those 15 levels, or maybe take Illurien for a few levels to qualify for some class (I'd take usually around 5-7 levels, 7 if I wanted flight). Otherwise I'd just use it for a 1 level dip to get Outsider status and an NA boost...
    How would it be better to play almost anything else for those 15 levels? And how does the outsider type help you? Unless there's something that specifically requires the outsider type to qualify for, it doesn't strike me as that helpful and it would actually be detrimental in some cases.

Also, can you please explain why you would only take 5-7 levels? It'll help me address problems better if you go into a bit more detail about what's wrong, or what I could do to make higher levels more attractive.

Edit: Just FYI, since I'm going to be making a monster class for the "From Folklore" contest, I'll probably only be releasing one monster this month, and it's one I specifically had in mind for this month. It wasn't one that was requested.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-12-06 at 01:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Half-dragon/Dragonkin/Dragonborn/ETC. (Various sources. They're all the same darn monster)

Details and Description: Half-dragons can look like anything from the above picture to a simple humanoid with slightly sharper teeth, nails made out of a harder material than the normal keratin humans have, a tail and draconic wings. Even the Tails and wings vary. A half dragon could have large majestic wings, or small worn wings with holes in them. A Half-dragon's tail could be large and heavy like an Apatosaurus, or it could be small and thin, almost like a whip.

Half-dragons nearly always inherit a few things from their dragon parents. There are exceptions, but Half-dragons have a tendency towards the following.

Half-dragons tend to enjoy meats, especially red meat, and they like it rare. It is not unheard of for half-dragons to eat completely raw meat

Half-dragons have a tendency to hoard anything they think is valuable, and are particularly entranced by the preferred treasure of their patron dragon

Half-dragons tend to have much inhibitions than their non-half dragon brethren.

Adventures: The adventures a Half-dragon will embark on are as wide and varied as that of their dragon parents. Like most dragons, they have a tendency to hoard gold and such, and will

Alignment: Half-dragons tend towards the alignment of their parent dragons, though this is not something one can rely on. Half-dragons are not color coded for your convenience.

Ecology/Background: Your dad misheard. The village elder said to slay the dragon, not lay the dragon.

Other Classes: Half-dragons, as a rule, do not get along well with classes who prefer to give gold away, and they tend to not understand hermetic classes who abandon gold and luxuries. Because of this, they will tend to avoid classes like the Fist of the Forest or similar Hermetic classes.

Being related to dragons, Half-dragons have a particular love for arcane magic of all sorts, and will generally prefer to travel with at least one arcane spellcaster.

Pre-requisites: Any living corporeal creature. Must have one parent as a dragon, or partake in a special ritual (If you're trying to be a dragonborn or similar).
    Class
    Spoiler
    Show

HD: d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1| +2| +0| +2| Half-dragon body, Dragon Heritage

[/table]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Appraise, Concentration, climb, Disguise, Jump, spot, listen, search, appraise, bluff, intimidate, Knowledge(all skills, taken individually), Use Magic Device.

proficiencies: A Half-dragon is proficient with all simple weapons and all light armor.

Half-Dragon Body (Ex): The Half-Dragon retains all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, a bite attack for 1d8+strength modifier damage, and a base land speed of 30 feet. She has wings, but they do not allow them to fly yet, instead granting them a +10 bonus on jump checks.

Additionally, the Half-dragon gains a Natural armor bonus equal to its Constitution modifier.

If the Half-dragon does not already have it, it gains low-light vision.

For the purposes of spells or effects that would effect them, Half-dragons are treated as true dragons and members of their original type/Race. The Half-dragon does not gain Draconic age categories and cannot qualify for things like Loredrake. The Half-dragon does not take penalties to its physical ability scores due to age, but otherwise ages according to its original race.

Dragon Heritage (Varies):

Breath Weapon (Su): At 3 HD, the Half-dragon gains a breath weapon. The breath weapon can be a 70 foot line, with the range increasing 10 feet per HD, or a 35 foot cone with the range increasing 5 feet per HD. The damage the breath weapon deals is the same type of damage their patron dragon deals. If their patron does not have a weapon that deals energy damage (Fire, Cold, Electricity, acid or Sonic) the half-dragon does not gain a breath weapon.

The breath weapon deals 1d6 Damage of the appropriate type per 2 HD.

If the half-dragon is a fang dragon, they instead have a draining bite, which deals damage as follows.

1d4 points of Constitution damage
    4 HD: 1d6 points of Constitution damage
    6 HD: 1d8 points of Constitution damage
    8 HD: 1d10 points of Constitution damage
    10 HD: 1d12 points of constitution damage
    12 HD: 2d6 points of constitution damage
    14 HD: 2d8 points of constitution damage
    16 HD: 2d10 points of Constitution damage
    18 HD: The constitution damage changes to constitution Drain and the damage increases to 2d12
    20 HD: 4d6 Constitution drain. The damage does not increase past this point.

Glide (Ex): At 3 HD The half-dragon can use its wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Half-dragons glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a half-dragon's maneuverability improves, it can't hover while gliding. A half-dragon can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a half-dragon becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, its wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. The Half-dragon descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

Claws (Ex):
    At 6 HD, the Half-Dragon gains 2 secondary claw attacks dealing 1d4+Strength modifier damage each.

Growth (Ex):
    At 6 HD the Half-Dragon may grow an additional size category. Their AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but they don't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Tail Slap (Ex):
    At 9 HD, the Half-dragon gains a secondary tail slap attack, dealing 1d6+1 and 1/2 strength modifier damage. Additionally, their tail is prehensile and functions as an extra hand.

Darkvision (Ex): Assuming the Half-dragon does not already have it, at 9 HD it gains dark-vision out to 90 feet.

At 15 HD this becomes 180 feet.

Wing attacks (Ex): At 12 HD, the Half-dragon gains 2 wing attacks as secondary natural attacks for 1d4+Strength Modifier damage each.

Flight (Ex): At 12 HD, the half dragon becomes capable of flying at a speed of 10 feet per HD with average maneuverability.

Immunities (Ex): At 15 HD, the Half-dragon becomes immune to the same energy types its Parent dragon is immune to, Magical Sleep effects, and Paralysis.

Blindsense (Ex): At 15 HD, the Half-dragon gains the Blindsense extraordinary ability out to 60 feet.

Perfect Breath Weapon (Su): At 18 HD, the Half-dragon's breath weapon bypasses all immunities and resistances.

Hoard (Su): At 18 HD, the Half-dragon gains the Hoard ability
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many wonder at the reason for a dragon's hoard. Many suspects it's because dragons are greedy, but what about the good ones? While good is still susceptible to greed, it seems suspicious that all dragons tend to have hoards, regardless of type.

The truth is, a dragon draws power from its hoard. Just as a knight become more powerful with a +5 sword than the rusted pitted one he found in a shed out back, dragons become more powerful with the more wealth they accumulate. It can be used in many ways depending on the type of item it is.

Gold: Gold can be used to gain the benefits of any item equal to half the amount put towards it. So, it would cost 50,000 GP to gain the benefits of a ring of evasion instead of 25,000. However, the benefit is that the gold can be un-attuned from specific benefits, go back to the hoard's total, and be re-attuned to a new benefit of some sort. The benefits of this are treated as if the dragon were actually wearing the item, so you can't attune to a piece of armor in your hoard, actually be wearing armor, and gain the benefits of both for example. Additionally, this cannot be used to gain expendable items such as wands or scrolls.
    Weapons: The Dragon can gain the benefits of weapons in its hoard. With each weapon, the dragon chooses one of its own natural weapons, or a pair of natural weapons (Such as claws or wings) the natural weapon gains the benefits of the manufactured weapon for as long as the dragon is attuned to it. This includes the benefits of any material the weapon is made out of, such as adamantine.
    Armor: A dragon attuned to a piece of armor is treated as if it were wearing the armor. The armor does not have to be the same size as the dragon.
    clothing: Items such as necklaces, rings, boots and such are treated as if the dragon were wearing them. Most dragons prefer not to wear them, since a dragon with a crown and a cape looks silly.

Un-attuning an item is a free action. Attuning to items in your hoard can only be done during rest, and takes 8 hours.

However, despite being the Dragon's greatest strength, the hoard is also its greatest weakness. A dragon must designate specific spots as belong to its hoard, and if the items are taken out of the hoard, the dragon no longer has the benefits of the item. This is the reason why many dragons guard their hoards with their very lives, or set up dozens of traps for interlopers.

There are other benefits to attuning to an item instead of simply wearing it of course. Attuned items cannot be sundered, except by finding that item in the hoard and sundering it. While the benefits from attunement go away in an antimagic field, they come back once the dragon has left said field. While Disjunction will break the attunement on items, it will not actually destroy the items the dragon is attuned to, and the dragon can re-attune itself to the items during its next 8 hour rest.

Additionally, the previous items can be attuned to mundane items it has. An adamantine Greatsword can be attuned to an adamantine warhammer, as long as there are no conflicting enhancements, and the warhammer will gain the benefits of the enhancements, and any special materials the weapon is made out of. This also applies to other mundane items. You cannot have the same weapon attuned to a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon at the same time.

Lastly, hoards cannot be chosen willy nilly. Designating an area as your hoard requires you to spend 8 hours at the place to be considered your hoard. Choosing a place as your hoard is an ancient magic and cannot be disturbed, or it has to be redone. A player is allowed to choose to have a specific spot as their hoard before the campaign begins.

comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wanted to combine a bunch of different things and just have that be the standard. Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 different “Half-dragon” races that are barely different from one another, other than fluff, which is nearly always up to the player anyway. Naturally, this wouldn't be justified for actual dragons, or much of anything else, but a lot of the time, they're all the same darn monster. This way, you can be a half-dragon, a dragonkin, a dragonborn, or whatever the heck it is you want to be, and get most of the benefits while only “Losing” one level. Casters still get their 9th level spells, and every other class gets pretty much everything but their capstone. I tried to make it attractive to enter at first level to everyone. I know the only one level thing isn't standard, but since Half-dragons should be able to be sorcerers and such without losing a large amount of levels to something that doesn't help, and a lot of features aren't fair within 3 levels anyway, I thought I should spread them across the career.

I am slightly worried I overloaded it, but I think the abilities are spread far enough apart that it won't be too much trouble

changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Changed the growth to "May"

Standardized its knowledge skill.

Added a bite option for half fang dragons.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2013-02-02 at 01:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Banned

Default Re: Kyuubi's Kompendium of Kreature Klasses. (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post

Succubus
    I like this a lot. its very balanced and you got sme cool names for abilities,

though givne Cha+1 seems a bit odd as every other bonus given int eh game si even to increase one's modifier by 1..

i mean don't succubi have like a 24+ Cha to begin with.. i think a Cha+2 would not be overpowering in the least. it makes up for her d6 HP and the lakc of anything but racial abilites for 7 levels I think.

there I commented on one of your creations.. can i have another cookie/cupcake?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

+16 but anyway. I'm pretty sure I remember bouncing some ideas off Soft Serve for the Succubus some time ago.

I'm still waiting to see what becomes of the Enrayis, Lillend and Titan myself. =)
    "I Burn!"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    +16 but anyway. I'm pretty sure I remember bouncing some ideas off Soft Serve for the Succubus some time ago.

I'm still waiting to see what becomes of the Enrayis, Lillend and Titan myself. =)
    I'm working on the Blue Slaad right now, just FYI.

And Metahuman, I am so sorry about the game. I have no idea what happened. I got no notification that anything got posted in the OOC thread until a couple days ago, and I was kinda busy attending to things in real life. My family seemed intent on going out a lot, I had to do more chores around the house than usual, I had school, I still have a girlfriend (I'm not sure how but I do), I got prepared for people coming over several times that didn't end up coming over for one (Good) reason or another.

It was very busy, and I'm still busy, and I am so sorry if it's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I like this a lot. its very balanced and you got sme cool names for abilities,
    Thank you.

though givne Cha+1 seems a bit odd as every other bonus given int eh game si even to increase one's modifier by 1..
    It's +1 every level except first for a total of +6. I think that counts as enough.
    i mean don't succubi have like a 24+ Cha to begin with.. i think a Cha+2 would not be overpowering in the least. it makes up for her d6 HP and the lakc of anything but racial abilites for 7 levels I think.
    I'm really iffy about giving it +12 Charisma. That just seems rather extreme.

there I commented on one of your creations.. can i have another cookie/cupcake?
    *Gives you a platter of cookies.

So, some news.

1. I won't be attending to the Obyriths any time soon. This is become they're essentially lovecraftian monstrosities (Other than Pazuzu oddly) and people more familiar with the lovecraft mythos pointed out something very important to me.

It's very hard to retain the flavor of being a Lovecraftian monstrosity, and still having it be fair.

Also, the only low CR ones I can find are an Octopus like thing which I have absolutely no experience with, and one whose entire shtick it breeding more of itself. The latter doesn't sound like it'd be remotely interesting to play.

2. Getting another (Yes, another, don't pelt me with rocks) name change. Not sure to what quite yet, you'll know when the mods make it.

3. I'm going to try and get more monsters out next month. It's just the Slaad this month, but I've had a few on standby and I'm going to be working on a few with a certain theme next month. For example, I think I'm going to try and release a Yugoloth, a Tanaa'ri, and a Baatezu next month. Not guaranteeing the Erinyes, but they're definitely on the list.

4. I love my comfy green leather chair. I know that's not related to monster classes, but it needed to be said.

Also, I didn't get much sleep last night (Thunder/rainstorm= me being stressed and paranoid, which is not conducive to sleep) so I'm going to bed very soon.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Blue Slaad (Monster Manual 1)

Description and Details:
    This hulking creature looks like a strapping blue-skinned humanoid toad, as big as an ogre, with almost no neck and a massive, flat head. It is bipedal, with clawed hands and feet. It has wicked-looking, bony hooks on the backs of its hands.

A blue slaad is about 10 feet tall and very broad. It weighs about 1,000 pounds. As its name suggests, a blue slaad is mostly blue,
    darker along the back, and paler around the belly.

Adventures:
    Blue slaadi gather to wage horrific battles against other societies and their own. They are bullies that value only strength and power.

Alignment:
    Slaadi are almost always a Chaotic Alignment.

Ecology/Background:
    Blue Slaadi are the result of Red Slaadi implanting eggs into a humanoid host. The birth of a Blue Slaadi always kills its host as it eats its way out.

Religion: None.

Other Classes:
    Blue Slaadi Ironically work well with just about anything. The only exceptions are classes specifically interested in law, and any inevitables. Blue Slaadi work especially well with other Blue Slaadi.

Languages: Blue Slaadi only speak the language Slaad. They get bonus languages for each point of intelligence bonus as per normal.

Favored Class:
    Barbarian

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d10
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0| +2| +2 |+0| Blue Slaad Body, Improved unarmed Strike, Slaad Fever, +1 Strength
    2| +1| +2| +2| +0| Resistances, Improved Grapple, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    3| +2| +3| +3| +1| Amphibious, Shot-put +1 Strength
    4| +3| +3| +3| +1| Climb Speed, Projectile Ally, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    5| +3| +4| +4| +1| Camouflage, Improved Shot-put, Projectile Enemy, +1 Strength
    6| +4| +5| +5| +2| Growth, Improved Grab, Summon Slaad, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    7| +5| +5| +5| +2| One Grapple fits all, Multi-tasking, +1 Strength
    8| +6| +6| +6| +2| Immunity to Sonic Damage, Can Touch This, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    [/table]
    2 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot

Proficiencies: Blue Slaadi are not proficient with any armor, or any weapons besides their own natural weapons.

Blue Slaad Body: At first level the Blue Slaad loses all other racial features and gains the Following. It is a medium sized aberration with a bite attack dealing 1d6+Strength modifier damage, and two secondary Claw attacks for 1d4+Strength modifier damage, and Darkvision out to 60 feet. Lastly, it has a base land speed of 30 feet.

He also gains a Natural armor bonus equal to his Strength Modifier.

At 11 HD, he instead has 4 secondary natural claw attacks.

Improved Unarmed Strike: At First level, the Blue Slaad gains Improved unarmed strike as a bonus feat.

Slaad Fever (Su): Slaadi often transmit this disease, but it's not a guarantee. Particularly weak Blue Slaadi tend to avoid doing so, especially against creatures they expect to meet again, due to the tendency of the Slaadi Produced to have a “Might Makes Right” Attitude.

Slaad Fever is a disease (Fort Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier) with an incubation period of 1 day. The disease only afflicts humanoids, and it deals 1d4 Charisma damage per day.

At 3 HD, it deals 1d6 Charisma damage per day.

At 6 HD it deals 1d8 Charisma damage per day.

At 9 HD it deals 1d10 Charisma damage per day.

At 12 HD it deals 2d6 Charisma damage per day.

At 15 HD it deals 2d8 Charisma Damage per day.

At 18 HD it deals 3d6 Charisma Damage per day.

If a humanoid has its Charisma reduced to zero due to this disease, it immediately dies and its body is turned into a red Slaad, or a green slaad if it was an Arcane Caster. Nothing is left of the previous humanoid. No personality traits, no memories, no anything.

Ability Boosts: The Blue Slaad gains a +1 Bonus to Strength at every level and a +1 bonus to Constitution at every even level for a total boost of +8 Strength and +4 Constitution at 8th level.

Resistances (Ex): At second level, the Blue Slaad Gains Resistance to Fire and Cold or Electricity and Acid equal to its HD.

At 10 HD this is twice its HD instead.

At 20 HD, this is immunity.

Improved Grapple; At second level, the Blue Slaad gains improved grapple as a bonus feat regardless of whether it meets the pre-requisites or not.

Amphibious (Ex): At Third level, the Blue Slaad becomes Amphibious, capable of breathing in water as well as on land.

Shot-put (Ex): At third level, you can hurl rocks and similar materials weighing 40 to 50 pounds with a range increment of 15 feet. The objects deal 2d6 points of damage plus your Strength modifier. Objects have a maximum range of five range increments. You are considered proficient with these objects.

This is treated as the Rock Hurling feat for all purposes.

Adhesive Skin (Ex): A Blue Slaad's skin is remarkably sticky and slimy. At Fourth Level, they've trained this ability to be able to climb walls. They gain a Climb speed equal to their base land speed.

Camouflage (Ex): At Fifth level, the Slaadi gains a bonus on Hide checks equal to ˝ its HD, and it takes no penalty to Move Silently checks from Growing Size Categories.

Improved Shot-put (Ex): At fifth level, The range for the Shot-put ability is instead 80 feet, and you gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls using small objects.

Projectile Ally (Ex): At fifth level you can pick up an ally at least one size category smaller than you and throw him toward a specific square up to five range increments away. It takes a move action to pick up an ally and a standard action to throw that ally. You make a ranged touch attack (against AC 5) to throw the ally to the chosen square. If the touch attack hits, the ally lands in the square you designate. If the touch attack is a miss, randomly determine in which square the ally lands, using the Missing with a Thrown Weapon diagram on page 158 of the Player's Handbook. If the ally lands in a square that is occupied, she lands prone in that square. in any case, the ally doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity for this movement.
    Allies one size category smaller than you have a range increment of 20 feet, while allies two size categories or more smaller than you have a range increment of 40 feet.

This is treated as the Fling Ally feat for all purposes.

Projectile Enemy (Ex): When you're grappling a foe, you can fling that foe away from you with a successful grapple check. Flinging the enemy requires a standard action. For every 5 points by which your grapple check beats your foe's grapple check or Escape Artist check, you can throw that foe 10 feet. Your foe lands prone in the square you designate. You can't throw a foe farther than you could throw an ally (as described in the Fling Ally feat). You must be strong enough to lift an enemy over your head (the enemy's weight cannot exceed your character's maximum load) to throw him. See page 162 of the Player's Handbook for more information on carrying capacity and maximum load.
    The enemy does not provoke attacks of opportunity for this movement.

This is treated as the fling enemy feat for all purposes.

Growth (Ex): At 6th level, the Blue Slaad may grow another size category (ordinarily to Large size).
    At 11 HD it may grow another size category (ordinarily to Huge size.)

Its AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but it doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Improved Grab (Ex): At 6th level, the Blue Slaad gains the Improved Grab extraordinary ability.

Summon Slaad (Su): At 6th level, if another Slaad is within 25 feet per HD, the Blue Slaad can summon it to an adjacent square. The Target must be willing in order for it to be summoned in this way.

One Grapple Fits all (Ex:) Blue Slaadi are remarkably good at sticking to things that don't want to be stuck to. At seventh level, the Blue Slaad can grapple an enemy of any size instead of being limited to enemies two size categories larger than it.

Multi-tasking (Ex): At 7th level, while Grappling, the Blue Slaad

Retains its Dexterity Modifier to AC
    Continues to threaten Squares
    Can attack enemies besides the one it is grappling

This does not allow the Blue Slaad to Grapple multiple enemies.

Immunity to Sonic Damage (Ex): At 8th level, the Blue Slaad becomes immune to Sonic damage.

Can Touch this (Ex):
    At 8th level, the Blue Slaad ignores Immunity to being grappled from any source, instead of immunity it is treated as +20 on Grapple Checks.

Comments

Spoiler
    Show
    The Blue Slaadi is intended to be the Grappler from Hell. Large Bonuses, Abilities that negate things that would negate its chance for grappling, and abilities that can be used with Grappling. It's essentially a giant toad, so it felt appropriate.

The reason for changing it to an aberration is simple; That's what it strikes me as. There's nothing really there that says outsider.

The SLAs weren't thrown in because the only one that really remotely fit was Chaos Hammer, and that didn't seem like it warranted putting in. Chaos Hammer didn't even really fit since it's not a spellcaster type monster, it's a big toad.

I've determined that it's probably better to overload a class with abilities than Underload it.

I know this is mostly things that exist within the rules already rather than my creating stuff like with Illurien, but I think in some ways that can be better. This really depends on the class though.

Sorry for the lack of decent flavor. There wasn't much to work with in the Monster Manual.

Changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    Added Summon Slaad.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 10:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I was reading through your Half-Dragon and I noticed that the breath weapon you assigned them doesn't actually have a damage amount listed... Perhaps 1d6 for every 2 HD?

edit: also, I noticed that your slaad Cha damage is a little wonky. 2d6 isn't an increase over 1d12. The SRD suggests that 2d6 is a die increase over 1d10. That would allow you to increase to 2d8 then to the final 3d6.

Other than that, my quick run through of your classes finds them quite favorable. I like the fluff and the mechanics are interesting and would be quite fun. Thank you kindly for your hard work.
    Last edited by WhatsWithCanada; 2012-01-31 at 04:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsWithCanada View Post
    I was reading through your Half-Dragon and I noticed that the breath weapon you assigned them doesn't actually have a damage amount listed... Perhaps 1d6 for every 2 HD?
    Whoops. Going to fix that. Yeah, 1d6 for every 2 HD seems reasonable given what all else they get.

edit: also, I noticed that your slaad Cha damage is a little wonky. 2d6 isn't an increase over 1d12. The SRD suggests that 2d6 is a die increase over 1d10. That would allow you to increase to 2d8 then to the final 3d6.
    Ah. My mistake on that. I think I was thinking of the 4th edition rules there, where 2d6 is considered an increase over 1d12. Going to go edit that.

Other than that, my quick run through of your classes finds them quite favorable. I like the fluff and the mechanics are interesting and would be quite fun. Thank you kindly for your hard work.
    Thanks!

Got any requests yourself?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, regarding the game.

Don't worry about it. I think Igneel was much more hacked off about the game going dead as fast as it did then I was.

I get why he'd be irritated since we both put a nice chunk of work into those characters, but I also get what happened too you as well. Believe me, been there, done that, didn't even manage to hang onto the girl friend, bought the whole Suvenear stand, re-organized it, turned it into a chain, had it go bankrupt when the Economy crashed a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be other opportunity's to try again some time down the line. Particularly since I'm sure Igneel didn't delete the character sheet and I know for a fact that I didn't delete mine. =)

And like I said, can't wait to see what becomes of the Erinyes, Lillend and Titan. I know they have to come up at some point. =)
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #239

BlackDragon

*comes into thread to look at Homebrew*
    *finds conversation*

Spoiler'd to avoid derailment
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Ok, regarding the game.

Don't worry about it. I think Igneel was much more hacked off about the game going dead as fast as it did then I was.

I get why he'd be irritated since we both put a nice chunk of work into those characters, but I also get what happened too you as well. Believe me, been there, done that, didn't even manage to hang onto the girl friend, bought the whole Suvenear stand, re-organized it, turned it into a chain, had it go bankrupt when the Economy crashed a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be other opportunity's to try again some time down the line. Particularly since I'm sure Igneel didn't delete the character sheet and I know for a fact that I didn't delete mine. =)
    I wouldn't say that I was as 'hacked off' as you put it, just kinda sad that an interesting game died off as fast as it did [4 posts IC is the fastest I have ever had].

I too understand the situation with school, family, the girl, etc.

I still have the character [and list of 40-ish item descriptions] saved both on my laptop and on the internet. I'm still game if you wish to continue, but I think that is a bit of conversation that should continue in at least the OCC thread rather then here.

====

As to your Homebrew...

@Blue Slaad:
    Shot-put (Ex): At third level, youou can hurl rocks and similar materials weighing 40 to 50 pounds with a range increment of 15 feet.
    Nothing serious comes to mind while looking through it outside of the massive amount of Grappling people will do while playing one of these things just to throw people.

@Half-dragon/Dragonkin/Dragonborn/ETC:
    Excellently done, and now I have the urge to forever ask any Dm's okay with Homebrew to allow that race whenever I feel like playing a dragon class. So I might of missed something but they are treated as dragons huh? Does this open the way for some Dragonwrought shenanigans [age to venerable for Great Wyrm epic feat entry, Sovereign Archtypes from Dragons of Eberron, etc]?
    I know someone or two pointed this out in my own homebrew since my Wyrmfire Disciple eventually grants the Dragon Type.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    *comes into thread to look at Homebrew*
    *finds conversation*

Spoiler'd to avoid derailment
    Spoiler
    Show

I wouldn't say that I was as 'hacked off' as you put it, just kinda sad that an interesting game died off as fast as it did [4 posts IC is the fastest I have ever had].

I too understand the situation with school, family, the girl, etc.

I still have the character [and list of 40-ish item descriptions] saved both on my laptop and on the internet. I'm still game if you wish to continue, but I think that is a bit of conversation that should continue in at least the OCC thread rather then here.
    Any further comments about this will go in that thread before this gets derailed further.

====

As to your Homebrew...

@Blue Slaad:

Nothing serious comes to mind while looking through it outside of the massive amount of Grappling people will do while playing one of these things just to throw people.
    That was the idea. Well, not the throwing in particular, but the massive amount of grappling.

@Half-dragon/Dragonkin/Dragonborn/ETC:
    Excellently done, and now I have the urge to forever ask any Dm's okay with Homebrew to allow that race whenever I feel like playing a dragon class. So I might of missed something but they are treated as dragons huh? Does this open the way for some Dragonwrought shenanigans [age to venerable for Great Wyrm epic feat entry, Sovereign Archtypes from Dragons of Eberron, etc]?
    I know someone or two pointed this out in my own homebrew since my Wyrmfire Disciple eventually grants the Dragon Type.
    Eeek. Don't want to allow those kind of shenanigans. Anything I can do to specifically disallow stuff like that?
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-01-31 at 02:16 PM.