New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Any further comments about this will go in that thread before this gets derailed further.

====

That was the idea. Well, not the throwing in particular, but the massive amount of grappling.

Eeek. Don't want to allow those kind of shenanigans. Anything I can do to specifically disallow stuff like that?
    Might I advise just saying that those are specific exceptions to the rules for Dragon type for this? Add to that in the comments that your doing this to specifically to avoid this kinda stunt.

Cause beyond that sorta thing, having the Dragon type is nice for getting you into PrC's or getting you other feats you don't normally have access too.

I personally always kinda wanted to try that special champion of Bahaumet themed one in the Draconomicon.
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

That was the idea. Well, not the throwing in particular, but the massive amount of grappling.
    I realize that, just that a lot of people don't like grappling. Course only the people interested in grappling would pick grappling classes so I suppose that's alright.

Eeek. Don't want to allow those kind of shenanigans. Anything I can do to specifically disallow stuff like that?
    Truthfully I'm not sure if I ever figured out a way to fix that problem outside of stating that they don't age use dragon age categories...

The Wyrmfire Disciple does not use the dragon aging categories, instead retaining the standard aging category for characters. However the Wyrmfire Disciple no longer takes ability score penalties for aging, though he still gains the ability score benefits, cannot be magically aged, and his maximum age is increased in a similar manner to a Dragonwrought Kobold [See page 39 of Races of the Dragon, or below]. The Wyrmfire Disciple still dies from old age.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Might I advise just saying that those are specific exceptions to the rules for Dragon type for this? Add to that in the comments that your doing this to specifically to avoid this kinda stunt.
    Yeah, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Truthfully I'm not sure if I ever figured out a way to fix that problem outside of stating that they don't age use dragon age categories...
    Might just do this.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, I specifically mentioned in the class that they retain their old age categories.

I also have some questions for the thread.

1. What portion of the Erinyes should I focus on? The SRD mentions them largely being Archers, but it also mentions their entangle ability which is rather unique. I have 8 levels to work with, so I'd prefer to stick to one part of the Erinyes.

2. I'd like to have a better way to update the thread on things, or to ask Questions. However, Double posting without mentioning updates to the current homebrew is frowned upon and I very much want to avoid it. Is there a good method I could use for this?

3. For unique Monsters (Such as Illurien), should I continue to allow any alignment, or restrict them specifically to their original alignments? There are going to be more unique monsters in the future, so I want to know now.

4. Does anybody have any advice on making any of the current Monster Classes more interesting? I'm particularly worried about the Nightmare and Illurien, but would like Critiques on anything.

5. Would anybody like me to do more stuff to supplement the Monster classes? I did those feats a while ago and was wondering if I should try something similar. For example, since I'd like to do some evil outsiders this month, I could try to make Fiendish Grafts.

6. What do you guys think of the idea of continued theme months for this thread? Not all monsters would coincide with the theme, (I do monsters for the Monster Class making competition sometimes) but most I planned on Creating would. You guys could then vote for specific themes and such if you wanted. I also plan on maybe releasing a few monsters in groups at this point (Such as if I made all the Chromatic Dragons at one) so should I do that, or keep things spread out in the future?

7. Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not? I've noticed the formats for my monsters isn't really standard. Should I change that, or keep it as is? And yes, I know I need to edit the latest monsters into my lists.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

1: I honestly never got the thing with them being advanced scouts, archers, master swords-women, casters, diplomats, Temptresses, and first in infantry via the Marine Core. If there was one thing I disliked about the race, it was that I felt they could have stood to pair some of that off. Drop Archer and advanced scouts, easy on the spell casting (They should have some synergy with casting classes I think so that if after 8 lvls you want to go that route you can, but not use it as a big focus.), and focus on the Demon-ish sword wielding Valkyries, expert temptresses and negotiators, and yes, the Rope thing of there's is a great trick, full of flavor and mechanically practical, so that should get a prominent feature.

2: If there is, I really can't think of it off the top of my head.

3: I'd put a clause encouraging there original alignment but allow any alignment. Honestly? Most DM's throw alignment restrictions out the window at the drop of the hat unless there determined to use what ever it takes to keep there players at a sub par power level.

4: I'll get back too you once I've taken one or two of them for a spin. Until I've seen how they preform in play I can't really give you much.

5: Yes, that would be interesting. And Graphs would be neat to see.

6: That's interesting if your getting enough requests for thing that fall within a certain category (Celestial, Demon, Fiend, Giant, Dragon, Fey, ext.) to do that. Otherwise, don't worry about it. =)

7: Personally, I don't see anything that jumps out at me, but that doesn't really mean much.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

1. What portion of the Erinyes should I focus on? The SRD mentions them largely being Archers, but it also mentions their entangle ability which is rather unique. I have 8 levels to work with, so I'd prefer to stick to one part of the Erinyes.

2. I'd like to have a better way to update the thread on things, or to ask Questions. However, Double posting without mentioning updates to the current homebrew is frowned upon and I very much want to avoid it. Is there a good method I could use for this?

3. For unique Monsters (Such as Illurien), should I continue to allow any alignment, or restrict them specifically to their original alignments? There are going to be more unique monsters in the future, so I want to know now.

4. Does anybody have any advice on making any of the current Monster Classes more interesting? I'm particularly worried about the Nightmare and Illurien, but would like Critiques on anything.

5. Would anybody like me to do more stuff to supplement the Monster classes? I did those feats a while ago and was wondering if I should try something similar. For example, since I'd like to do some evil outsiders this month, I could try to make Fiendish Grafts.

6. What do you guys think of the idea of continued theme months for this thread? Not all monsters would coincide with the theme, (I do monsters for the Monster Class making competition sometimes) but most I planned on Creating would. You guys could then vote for specific themes and such if you wanted. I also plan on maybe releasing a few monsters in groups at this point (Such as if I made all the Chromatic Dragons at one) so should I do that, or keep things spread out in the future?

7. Is there anything I should be doing that I'm not? I've noticed the formats for my monsters isn't really standard. Should I change that, or keep it as is? And yes, I know I need to edit the latest monsters into my lists.
    1) I'm somewhat hesitant to make the suggestion of something along the lines of a Ranger choice or style option. They seem to be more adequately designed for archery over swordsmanship but that's mostly because they get a Flaming bow over a normal longsword (according to the d20srd). Temptress/Diplomat seems to just be part of their design since technically they are the devil version of succubi, not to mention flavored to be descendants of fallen angels. The entangle ability is a must keep imho. Maybe upgrade it so that it can be slightly more useful outside of areas with lots of ropes just lying around?

2) If there was something out there that homebrewers could do that fit what your wanting, I want to know it as well. Especially since its not like I'm NeoSeraphi and easily buried by other homebrew.

3) I'm going to have to agree with Meta on this one, clause encouraging their original alignment but allow any alignment.

4) I will have to get back to you after looking some over more closely.

5) PrC's/Templates could possibly supplement nicely, not sure which ones out there would be good without going into Original works, but still. Grafts are always welcomed as well.

6) That would be a interesting idea, and would definitely more worth while if requests could be made for said theme. But then we also don't want you to get over loaded with requests [Chromatic Dragons, including other sources, could lead to ~10 classes]. I believe that a few per month would definitely keep people more interested as well.

7) I say you find what you think is adequate, and just keep it that way unless its blatantly not helping others understand what you've written. At least for the Dragon Hoard ability, maybe use the [list] tags to better distinguish one description text from another? Nothing else comes to mind on what could be done/needs to be done to change so its good to me.

@Silver dragon:
    Was looking it over for a chance of playing it in an Epic game, and noticed that under the "Improved Alternate Form" spoiler you still have Paladin Casting as something you retain despite the fact you removed it. Needless to say that I was looking through the rest of the class trying to find said feature till I checked the change log.
    Another thing that came to mind was the Hoard ability for weapons. You describe it as "natural weapon gains the benefits of the manufactured weapon for as long as the dragon is attuned to it" which is all good for weapons with only a enhancement/ability modifier. But what about special weapons like the Sun Blade, or for the game I was thinking along the lines of Manyfang Daggers [FR: Serpent Kingdoms, pg 152]? Special abilities like making your claws glow like the sun, or for the Manyfang Daggers example able to create 3 'phantom' claws/teeth/other natural weapon to deal quadruple damage on successful hits, and quintuple damage on critical hits aren't exactly given by their enhancement bonuses so how does one interpret this ability?

On a side note: This brings the idea of a smaller dragon with multiple Sizing [MIC] weapons using its ability to change weapon size to any size desired 1) for a How to train your Dragon 'Toothless' effect, and 2) wielding Colossal claws for or other natural weapons much too big for the smaller body.

"Words ought to be chosen with greater care then either clothing or weaponry. For they can last much longer than the former, and cut deeper than the latter."

-Doomraga's Revenge by T.A. Barron

Extended Homebrew Signature

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

I just wanted say about the Erinyes in according to wiki they were creatures of vengeance. They hunted down certain individuals. I know it is not dnd flavor but maybe something like tracker/trapper feel.

Oh PS love monster classes and all your work Soft Serve. Along with Hyudra and a few others, you all are my heroes.
    Last edited by Merchant; 2012-02-15 at 06:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    5) PrC's/Templates could possibly supplement nicely, not sure which ones out there would be good without going into Original works, but still. Grafts are always welcomed as well.
    I've got a rather obscure sourcebook called Denizens of Avadnu where I can get a few new templates from.

@Silver dragon:
    Was looking it over for a chance of playing it in an Epic game, and noticed that under the "Improved Alternate Form" spoiler you still have Paladin Casting as something you retain despite the fact you removed it. Needless to say that I was looking through the rest of the class trying to find said feature till I checked the change log.
    Thanks, I'll remove it.

Another thing that came to mind was the Hoard ability for weapons. You describe it as "natural weapon gains the benefits of the manufactured weapon for as long as the dragon is attuned to it" which is all good for weapons with only a enhancement/ability modifier. But what about special weapons like the Sun Blade, or for the game I was thinking along the lines of Manyfang Daggers [FR: Serpent Kingdoms, pg 152]? Special abilities like making your claws glow like the sun, or for the Manyfang Daggers example able to create 3 'phantom' claws/teeth/other natural weapon to deal quadruple damage on successful hits, and quintuple damage on critical hits aren't exactly given by their enhancement bonuses so how does one interpret this ability?
    It's meant to give you the same benefits and penalties you would have i you were actually wielding the weapon. So, you should be able to still get the light effect from the Sun Blade, along with the effects of any materials it's made out of.

On a side note: This brings the idea of a smaller dragon with multiple Sizing [MIC] weapons using its ability to change weapon size to any size desired 1) for a How to train your Dragon 'Toothless' effect, and 2) wielding Colossal claws for or other natural weapons much too big for the smaller body.
    Hmm. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Been working on the evil outsiders. Going to try and get the Nycaloth and Erinyes done by the end of the month. I can't really find a low CR demon I find interesting, so I'll probably avoid that.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-02-15 at 01:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

If you're still taking them...

Request: Warden Archon. Preferably one that's not 15 levels long...!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    If you're still taking them...

Request: Warden Archon. Preferably one that's not 15 levels long...!
    I'm always taking them, but it greatly helps to know what source they're from.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Terribly sorry!

It's from Book of Exalted Deeds. Big armored bear archon. Not too exciting--just great strength, some SLAs and teleport, and a badass picture.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    Terribly sorry!

It's from Book of Exalted Deeds. Big armored bear archon. Not too exciting--just great strength, some SLAs and teleport, and a badass picture.
    Ah alright.

For future reference, except under special circumstances, the amount of levels a class will have is equal to its Challenge Rating. So, the Warden Archon will end up having 8 levels.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That will be a drastic improvement over the terribly bloated original version.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would like to request for a homebrew monster to made into a monster class, if that is alright.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=8

Cohocubus from Paragons of Pleasure maybe with a little more oomph! Not sure if you need to ask for permission or something. Just liked the idea.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    I would like to request for a homebrew monster to made into a monster class, if that is alright.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...43&postcount=8

Cohocubus from Paragons of Pleasure maybe with a little more oomph! Not sure if you need to ask for permission or something. Just liked the idea.
    Homebrew monsters made into classes are just fine, and I probably do need to ask permission from the creator to do so. If nothing else, it'd be polite.

However, in this particular case, I'm going to have to refuse to do this monster. I find the abilities too squicky. Monsters relying on mind-affecting abilities are something I just can't do, and I can't refluff the abilities without destroying what they are either.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Updates regarding the monsters I'm making.

While I couldn't find a low CR interesting Demon to make this month I have found two Yugoloths that interested me, one of which should be up soon if I find the time. Regarding the other, if anybody can think of any abilities regarding impaling stuff, that would help me out a lot. Any whip based things to help the Erinyes would be appreciated as well.

I also thought of a way to implement the "Summon X' abilities of Outsiders such as the Tanar'ri, Yugoloths and Baatezu. Should I go back and edit this in, or should I leave the previous class(es) as-is and think up something else?

Should I try to create more of these things? For example, get a few more demons, a few devils, and a few Yugoloths made so that one could have an adventuring party consisting of those? They probably won't be much of a focus, but it might be an interesting future policy for monsters with lower CRs.

As a side note, it disappoints me that Yugoloths didn't get a fiendish codex like the Demons and Devils did.

Just going to play next month by ear. I have no particular ideas for it, so I may just make random monsters and post whatever comes to mind.

Lastly, if there's some sort of thing I could use to give updates in the future (Twitter? A facebook? I have no idea) It would be nice to know.

I'm vaguely tempted to make a bunch of Dinosaur Monster Classes so people can have Land Before Time-esque Campaigns.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Canoloth (Monster Manual 3)

Aww, look at the wittle puppy. Isn't he just so cute? A condescending, hapless adventurer, just prior to having their trachea forcibly removed by the “Wittle Puppy”

descriptions and details: This massive armored canine snarls and flicks its huge tongue inside its double-jawed Mouth. Eyeless, it sniffs and snorts as it shifts its bulk and rakes the ground with its four clawed feet.

A canoloth loooks like an armored bulldog the size of a human, with two sets of jaws: A vertical set inside and a horizontal set outside. It has no eyes, relying totally on hearing and smell to find intruders. Its most prominent feature is a barbed tongue several inches thick that it can flick out at targets. A Canoloth stands about 4 feet tall at the shoulder, is six feet long, and weighs about 400 pounds.

Alignment: A Canoloth born in the bleak eternity of Gehenna is almost always going to be neutral evil. Canoloths are often some flavor of evil, but there's nothing in particular preventing them from being neutral or even good.

religion: Canoloths serve the Yugoloth Generals of Gehenna, or whoever they believe meets their standards.

Ecology/Background: The scouts and skirmishers in Yugoloth armies, Canoloths also serve as guardians and bodyguards for their masters. Their keen senses spot stealthy adversaries which are then apprehended with their wicked barbed tongues.

Yugoloths are prized as the equivalent of guard dogs among many different races. If raised from a young enough age, they can potentially be taught undying loyalty to a master like a natural dog. However, this tends to be done by the foolhardy rather than the prepared, and an improperly trained Yugoloth is liable to attack random passerby or its “Master” if chosen too late after its born, or if it is treated improperly. It might look like a dog, but it's still a freaking Yugoloth, so treat it with a little respect. Though, I guess you don't have to, so long as you don't mind ending up like the hapless adventurer up there.

Other Classes: Canoloths are generally willing to work for just about anybody so long as they can get paid for it. Mages tend to like them for their uses on the front line, especially Necromancers.

Favored Class: Barbarian.

Languages: A yugoloth knows Draconic, Abyssal and Infernal.

Spoiler
    Show

HD: D12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1 |+0|+2|+2|+0| Canoloth Body, Blindsight, Track, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    2|+1|+3|+3|+0| Resistances, Scent, Immune to Poison, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    3|+2|+3|+3|+1| Paralyzing Tongue, Supernatural Scent,+1 strength, +1 Constitution
    4|+3|+4|+4|+1| Armored Skin, Desecrate, Clamping Jaw, +1 Strength , +1 Constitution
    5|+3|+4|+4|+1|Improved Trip, Telepathy, Summon Yugoloth, +1 Strength, +1 Constitution
    [/table]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Balance, Hide, Intimidate, Jump Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot,

Proficiencies
    : A Canoloth isn't proficient in any weapons or armor besides its own Natural weapons.

Features:

Canoloth Body: The Canoloth loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Outsders traits, a primary Bite attack for 1d8+1½ Strength modifier damage, 2 secondary claw attacks for 1d4+Strength Modifier damage, a 40 foot base land speed and medium size.

The Canoloth also gets a natural armor bonus equal to its Constitution Modifier.

Lastly, the Canoloth does not have hands, and is incapable of fine manipulation, wielding weapons, ETC.

Blindsight(Ex): A Canoloth has no eyes, and as such does not see as most creatures do. The Canoloth obtains Blindsight at first level out to 30 feet. This increases by another 10 feet for every level in this class up to a total of 70 feet if all five class levels are taken.

Track: At first level the Canoloth gains Track as a Bonus feat.

Ability Bonus: A Canoloth gains +1 Strength and Constitution for every level it takes in this class, up to a total of +5 at Fifth level.

Resistances (Ex): At Second level, the Canoloth may choose to gain resistance to fire, Cold or Electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD, it may choose between the 2 it didn't choose for its first iteration of this ability. At 12 HD it gains resistance to the last energy equal to its HD. For every 5 HD beyond that, it may choose one of its resistances to become an immunity.

Scent (Ex): At second level, the Canoloth gains the scent special quality.

Poison Immunity (Ex): At second level the Canoloth becomes immune to poison.

Supernatural Scent (Su): At third level, the Canoloth can use Detect Good and Detect Magic At-will.

At 10 HD this effect is always on.

At 15 HD it bypasses alignment and magic concealing effects so long as the effect is a lower effective caster level. The effective caster level for this ability is equal to the Canoloth's HD.

Paralyzing Tongue (Ex): At third level, the Canoloth's tongue itself becomes a weapon. Those hit by the Yugoloth's tongue must succeed on a Fortitude Save (DC =10+1/2HD+Constitution modifier) or be paralyzed for 1d6+2 minutes. The Canoloth's tongue is a secondary natural attack dealing 1d4+Strength modifier damage. The tongue has an initial reach of 20 feet, and it increases in reach 5 feet every 2 Hit dice.

At 10 HD, the Tongue bypasses immunity to Paralysis.

Armored Skin (Ex): At 4th level, the Canoloth's Becomes covered in a plate-like material. The Canoloth gains an Armor bonus to AC, and DR/- equal to half its Hit Dice. Lastly, this Armor can be enchanted. For the purposes of enchanting the armor, it is considered +1 Full plate.

Desecrate (Su): At 4th level, the Canoloth gains Desecrate usable as an SLA 1/day per HD.

Clamping Jaw(Ex): At 4th level, a Canoloth that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the Canoloth.

Improved Trip: At 5th level the Canoloth gains improved trip as a bonus feat regardless of whether it meets the Pre-requisites or not.

Telepathy (Su): At 5th level the Canoloth gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD.

Summon Yugoloth (Su): At 5th level, if another Yugoloth is within 25 feet per HD, the Canoloth can summon it to an adjacent square. The Target must be willing in order for it to be summoned in this way.

Growth (Ex):
    At 8 HD the Canoloth may grow one size category, ordinarily to Large size. His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Comments

Spoiler
    Show
    It's a demonic dog. There's not a whole lot more I can say about it, as much as I'd like to.

It struck me as the kind of thing intended to be able to take a lot of hits. Think Atom from “Real Steel” or just about any Tank-like character.

The bit about it being able to be trained wasn't in its original fluff, but it felt worth adding, and I thought it made sense.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clarified they don't have hands.

Fixed the save bonuses.

Changed growth to optional, and didn't set it at a certain size, just said it ordinarily grows to those sizes.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-20 at 10:49 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Bugbear in the Playground

Does it have hands? Nothing in the "canoloth Body" ability says otherwise.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Does it have hands? Nothing in the "canoloth Body" ability says otherwise.
    They do not. Thank you for pointing this out, I've clarified it. I also had a slightly off-kilter saving throw bonus which I've fixed.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

[center]Mezzoloth (Monster Manual 3)

descriptions and details: This Six-limbed Insectoid monstrosity stares ahead unblinkingly with glowing red eyes. In one pair of its arms it menacingly holds a Trident, while its second pair of arms, tipped with claws, reaches for your vitals.

A Mezzoloth looks like a human-sized insect with heavy chitin and four limbs tipped with sharp claws. Its wide-set eyes glow red when it's angry (Which is nearly almost always). When arrayed for Battle, Mezzoloths are most commonly seen wielding Tridents and shields. A mezzoloth stands 7 feet tall and weighs 250 pounds.

Alignment: A Mezzoloth born in the bleak eternity of Gehenna is almost always going to be neutral evil. Mezzoloths are often some flavor of evil, but there's nothing in particular preventing them from being neutral or even good.

religion: Either loyal to the Yugoloth lords, or whoever meets their standards. They particularly like gods of war such as Kord, Gruumsh, Ares, ETC.

Ecology/Background: Mezzoloths are the most common Foot Soldiers in the Yugoloth armies. They understand little beyond combat, but their skill in battle is fearsome. When they aren't fighting, they're often imagining new ways to hurt their enemies and developing their martial skills.

Other Classes: Mezzoloths tend to work as mercenaries and get along with just about anybody willing to pay enough. They prefer to work with others with a love of battle.

Favored Class: Warblade or Crusader.

Languages: Mezzoloths speak Abyssal, Draconic and Infernal.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

HD: D10
    1 |+1|+2|+2|+0| Mezzoloth Body, Trident Mastery, Body Spikes,
    2|+2|+3|+3|+0| Shield Mastery, Resistances, Immune to Poison, +1 Constitution
    3|+3|+3|+3|+1| Damage Reduction, Produce Flame, First to Charge
    4|+4|+4|+4|+1| Skewer Foe, Fortification, Desecrate, +1 Constitution
    5|+5|+4|+4|+1| Deeper Darkness, Telepathy, Summon Yugoloth,
    6|+6|+5|+5|+2| Impale, Poison Mist, Insectoid limbs, Power Throw, +1 Constitution
    [/table]

Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (All skills, taken individually), listen, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim,

Proficiencies
    : A Mezzoloth is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and proficient with light and medium armor.

Features:

Mezzoloth Body: The Mezzoloth loses all other racial bonuses, gains Outsders traits, 2 Primary claw attacks for 1d4+Strength Modifier damage, a 40 foot base land speed and medium size. Its claw-like hands are capable of fine manipulation, holding a weapon and/or shield, ETC.

The Mezzoloth also gets a natural armor bonus equal to its Constitution Modifier.

Trident Mastery: At first level, the Mezzoloth gains Weapon Focus (Trident) as a bonus Feat. At 4 HD, the Mezzoloth gains Weapon Specialization (Trident) as a bonus feat. At 8 HD he gains Greater Weapon Focus (Trident). At 12 HD, he gains Greater Weapon Specialization (Trident). At 16 HD he gains Epic Weapon Focus (Trident). At 20th HD he gains Epic Weapon (Specialization) Trident.

The Mezzoloth is not required to meet the normal pre-requisites for these feats.

Body Spikes (Ex): At first level, whenever the Mezzoloth is grappled or dealt damage by an unarmed strike, the enemy takes 1 damage per HD of the Mezzoloth.

At 5 HD, they instead take 2 damage per HD of the Mezzoloth.

Resistances (Ex): At Second level, the Mezzoloth may choose to gain resistance to fire, Cold or Electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD, it may choose between the 2 it didn't choose for its first iteration of this ability. At 12 HD it gains resistance to the last energy equal to its HD.

Poison Immunity (Ex): At second level the Mezzoloth becomes immune to poison.

Shield Mastery (Ex): At 2nd level, choose one type of shield. Your shield bonus to AC while using it is increased by one Additionally, the Mezzoloth gains Improved Shield bash as a bonus feat. Lastly, Every 3 HD beyond this (Starting at 5 HD), the Mezzoloth gains one of the below abilities. These are all Extraordinary abilities.

The Best Defense is a Good Offense:
    When fighting defensively and using a shield, you do not take the standard fighting defensively penalties on attacks of opportunity.
    When using the total defense action and a shield, you still threaten the area around you as normal. You can make attacks of opportunity with a -4 penalty.

Ward:
    You apply your shield bonus (And the shield's enhancement bonus, if any) to your touch AC, and on checks or rolls to resist bull rush, disarm, grapple, overrun, or trip attempts against you.

Shield Allies:
    When you are using a shield with which you are proficient, friendly creatures adjacent to you get a +1 shield bonus to their Armor Class. If you are using a tower shield, those creatures get a +2 shield bonus.
    The creatures lose the bonus if they are no longer adjacent to you, if you're grappling, or if you're stunned, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to take actions.
    This shield bonus doesn't stack with other shield bonuses the allied creatures may have.

These bonuses both increase by +1 at 10 HD

Shield Smash: You may make an off-hand attack with your shield while retaining the shield's AC bonus for that round

Shield Wall:
    When you and an adjacent ally are each using a shield, your shield bonus to Armor Class increases by 2.

Phalanx Formation: If you are using a heavy shield and a one-handed weapon, you gain a +1 bonus to your Armor Class. In addition, if you are within 5 feet of an ally who is also using a heavy shield and one-handed weapon and who also has this feat, you may form a shield wall. A shield wall provides an extra +2 bonus to AC and a +1 bonus on Reflex saves to all eligible characters participating in the shield wall. For example, a single character with this feat gains a +1 bonus to his AC. If two or more characters who all know this feat are adjacent, they each gain extra +2 bonus to AC (for a total of +3) and a +1 bonus on flex saves.

Constitution Bonus: At second, fourth and sixth level the Mezzoloth gains a +1 bonus to Constitution, for a total of a +3 bonus at 6th level.

Damage Reduction (Ex): At third level, the Mezzoloth gains Damage Reduction/Good equal to half its Hit Dice.

First to Charge (Ex) At third level, the Mezzoloth gains a bonus to initiative, and to attack and damage while charging, equal to ¼ its HD.

Skewer Foe (ex): If you hit the same enemy more than once in a single round with a piercing melee weapon, you deal an extra 1d6 points of piercing damage with each hit after the first. The die size for this increases for each size category the Mezzoloth is beyond Medium sized.

Fortification (Ex): At 4th level, the Mezzoloth gains 25% Fortification, potentially negating Sneak attacks and Critical hits.

At 8 HD this increases to 50%

At 12 HD this increases to 75%

At 16 HD this increases to 100%

Desecrate (Su): At 4th level, the Mezzoloth gains Desecrate usable as an SLA 1/day per HD.

Telepathy (Su): At 5th level the Mezzoloth gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD.

Summon Yugoloth (Su): At 5th level, if another Yugoloth is within 25 feet per HD, the Mezzoloth can summon it to an adjacent square. The Target must be willing in order for it to be summoned in this way.

Deeper Darkness (Su): At fifth level, the Mezzoloth can cast Deeper darkness 1/day per HD.

Impale (Ex): At sixth level, the Mezzoloth can attempt to hold its enemies in place after attacking. Every time a Mezzoloth attacks an enemy, it can declare one attack to be an impaling attack. By doing so, they give up all further attacks they would receive. As such, they tend to only use it on their last iterative, or when they would only get one attack for some reason. This must be declared before the attack is rolled. If the attack is successful, the enemy is impaled and held in place. The enemy cannot move or be forced to move, short of teleportation or a similar mode of movement.

At 10 HD, teleportation does not function while impaled and this ability ignores freedom of movement and similar effects.

At 15 HD, the creature cannot become ethereal or incorporeal while impaled.

The Mezzoloth cannot use this ability on creatures more than one size category larger than it.

The affected enemy may attempt to pull themselves out of the Trident. Doing so requires a Strength Check with a DC equal to 10+the Mezzoloth's HD+ the Mezzoloth's strength modifier.

Insectoid limbs: At 6th level, the Mezzoloth grows an additional pair of arms, granting it another 2 primary claw attacks for 1d4+Strength Modifier damage. The extra arms are not capable of fine manipulation, and as such cannot wield additional weapons or shields.

Poison Mist (Su): The Mezzoloth gains Stinking cloud as an SLA usable 1/day per 3 HD, and Cloudkill as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD.

Power Throw (Ex): In the event that a Mezzoloth would decide to throw their Trident, they use their strength modifier for the attack and damage roll instead of Dexterity. Additionally, the Yugoloth's range with a Trident, when it is being used as a ranged weapon, increases to 30 feet. The range of the Trident increases by another 5 feet per HD gained from here.

Lastly, the Mezzoloth can use the power attack feat in conjunction with throwing Tridents if it wishes.

Growth (Ex): At 11th HD, the Mezzoloth may grow another size category (Ordinarily to large). His AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but he doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Comments

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, according to the book, they favor using the Trident along with a shield, so I tried to give them opportunities to use that. I may not have gone far enough however. Shields just aren't very effective in 3.5 sadly.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nerfed the Body spines.

Wrote the Constitution in the text since text trumps table.

Standardized its knowledge skill.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-24 at 01:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

Do natural weapons count as unarmed strikes for the "Body Spikes" ability?
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
    Do natural weapons count as unarmed strikes for the "Body Spikes" ability?
    No they do not. I was under the impression Unarmed Strikes were specifically different from natural weapons. All Unarmed Strikes are natural weapons, but not all Natural weapons are unarmed Strikes?

Since it's kind of a foot note in the previous post, I'd like to say again, no Erinyes today. I'll do whatever I can to get it up tomorrow or Saturday, but tonight I'm exhausted, and Friday really isn't going to work well at all.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, unfortunately, Erinyes won't be up any time soon for a variety of reasons. I apologize for this. I imagine this became painfully obvious at some point.

The bright side is, I'm still working on classes, and should be finished with a couple of requests this month.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

*Shrug.* Stuff happens.

Anyway, any chance the Lillend will be up some time soon?
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    *Shrug.* Stuff happens.

Anyway, any chance the Lillend will be up some time soon?
    Not something I'm currently working on, but I can give it a shot.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Muckdweller (Serpent Kingdoms)

Description and Details:A rustling in the marsh weeds briefly reveals itself as a bipedal creature that resembles an upright Gila monster. It waddles forward on partially webbed rear feet, then darts back into the undergrowth, its mottled hide blending with the grasses.

Alignment: Usually neutral. A muckdweller's poison makes it a prime candidate for an assassin or similar character, but their alignments are very much up to Nurture rather than Nature

Ecology/Background: Muck dwellers are bipedal amphibians that dwell in swamps, marshes, and mud-bottomed bodies of still water. Many serve kuo-toa or lizardfolk tribes, surviving on the periphery of such societies and venerating their gods. Muckdwellers are omnivorous, but they prefer fresh, warm meat to plants, insects, and aquatic animals. They dwell below the water but maintain muddy, above-water areas for resting, eating, and hoarding shiny objects. Though they are not tool users, they do occasionally build rafts of reeds, twigs, and mud on which to float and hunt, as well as shelters where they can hide from predators. Muckdwellers hibernate during the winter months in temperate or colder climates. A muckdweller looks like a miniature bipedal dinosaur with mottled gray and brown scales and a pale yellow underbelly. Its short tail is used for balancing and swimming. It has partially webbed rear feet and small, weak, prehensile foreclaws. Muckdwellers speak Draconic.

Other Classes: Muckdwellers work well with sneakier classes such as rogues, and tend to not get along with characters who are opposed to their venoms such as Paladins or exalted characters.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show

Hit Die: d6
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Racial Features

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|MuckDweller Body, Camouflaged Hide, Squirt, Venom[/table]

Proficiencies:
    A Muckdweller is proficient with all light and one handed simple and martial weapons, and with all light armor. Muckdwellers are not proficient with shield

Class Skills: (6+Int Mod, x4 at 1st level)
    Balance, Climb, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble.

Muckdweller:
    At 1st level, the Muckdweller gains the Following.
    • Monstrous Humanoid
    • Darkvision out 60ft and Low-Light Vision.
    • small size
    • Speed: Muckdwellers possess a base land speed of 20 feet and a Swim speed of 20 feet.
    • +2 Dexterity -2 Strength
    • A Muckdweller has a Bite Attack that deals 1d6+Strength modifier Damage
    • All Muckdwellers are Amphibious.
    • Automatic Languages; Muckdwellers automatically speak Draconic
    • Favored Classes: Rogue and Scout

Camouflaged Hide (Ex):
    At first level, the Muckdweller gains a +1 racial bonus on all hide checks. This increases by +1 for every 2 HD gained from this point (+2 at 3, +3 at 5, +4 at 7, ETC.)

At 10 HD, The Muckdweller can use the Hide Skill in any sort of Natural Terrain, even if the Terrain doesn't offer cover or concealment.

At 16 HD, the Muckdweller can hide in any sort of Natural terrain even while being observed.

Muckdwellers lose these benefits when carry a medium or heavy load, or wearing medium or heavy armor.

Squirt (Ex):
    At First level, a muckdweller can squirt a jet of water into the eyes of a target up to 20 feet away. Anyone hit by this attack must make a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Dexterity Modifier) or be blinded for 1 round.

The Range of this ability increases by 5 feet per HD.

At 8 HD, the Muckdweller can Mix its poison into the squirt attack.

Venom (ex):
    At 4 HD the Muckdweller's bite attack leaks a rather nasty venom dealing 1d4 primary and secondary Constitution damage.

At 8 HD this increases to 1d6

At 12 HD this increases to 1d8

At 16 HD this increases to 2d6

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

The Muckdweller is a weird combo of an Amphibian, a Gila Monster, and a Chameleon. Well, that's what I made it anyway.

The poison doesn't bypass immunity because it's not essential to the class, and it's just a 1 level class.

Changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-24 at 01:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

STYX DRAGON (From Draconomicon)

Descriptions and Details: A Styx dragon has a long, serpentine body with tiny, flipperlike claws that are useless on land and in combat. Its wings are too small to carry it aloft, but help to propel it through the water. Its tail splits into two long, bladed whips that it can use to slash and grab its prey. A Styx dragon’s scales are slimy and range from dark brown to rusty red in color. Its eyes glow with a lurid yellow light.

Alignment: Often Neutral evil, and even when they aren't evil, they are most likely still some form of neutral.

Religion: Any deity of their alignment.

Ecology/Background: Also known as shadowdrakes or darkwyrms, Styx dragons haunt the putrid waters of the River Styx throughout its nearly infinite length. One of the few creatures immune to the harmful effects of the river, Styx dragons swim with impunity across the top layers of all the Lower Planes, feasting on fiends and any other creature they can find and catch. Styx dragons make their lairs by burrowing into the mud on the banks of the Styx. They do not like to leave their native plane, but if one is forcibly brought to the Material Plane, it will thrive in fetid water. Styx dragons normally subsist on the flesh of fiends, but enjoy eating any meat, Particularly rotting carrion.

Other Classes: Styx dragons get along with other classes that are not on extreme ends of the alignment scale such as Druids.

Favored Class: Nothing comes to mind. Taking suggestions.

Languages: Styx Dragons begin play speaking Abyssal, Draconic and infernal.
    Class
    Spoiler
    Show

1 |+1|+2|+0|+2| Stygian Body, Styx Adaptation, Hoard, Encrusted Hide +2
    2|+2|+3|+0|+3| Keen Senses, Stygian Breath, Fog Cloud
    3|+3|+3|+1|+3| Blindsense 60 feet, Draconic Roar, Encrusted Hide +3
    4|+4|+4|+1|+4| Curse Water, Darkness
    5|+5|+4|+1|+4| Fetid Breath, Acid Resist, Encrusted Hide +4
    6|+6|+5|+2|+5| Tail Blades, Deeper Darkness, Stinking Cloud, +1 Charisma
    7|+7|+5|+2|+5| Constrict, Improved Grapple, Diseased Tail Blades
    8|+8|+6|+2|+6| Growth, Domain, Black Tentacles, +1 Strength
    9|+9|+6|+3|+6| Stygian Grab, Burrow Speed
    10|+10|+7|+3|+7| Hold Monster, Blight-Blooded, +1 Constitution
    11|+11|+7|+3|+7| Stygian Scales, Stygian Influence, +1 Charisma
    12|+12|+8|+4|+8| Frightful Presence, Growth, Crush
    13|+13|+8|+4|+8| Bonus feat, Erosion,+1 Strength
    14|+14|+9|+4|+9| Stupefying Breath, Acid Fog, +1 Constitution
    15|+15|+9|+5|+9| Disease Ascension, Bonus Feat, Vitriolic Acid,+1 Charisma
    16|+16|+10|+5|+10| Horrid Wilting, Corrosion, +1 Strength
    17|+17|+10|+5|+10| Stygian Bite, Acid Immunity
    18|+18|+11|+6|+11| Bonus Feat, Domain, Contagion Breath, +1 Constitution
    19|+19|+11|+6|+11|Growth, Tail Sweep, Pestilence
    20|+20|+12|+6|+12 |Disease Perfection, Miasma Spray, Bonus Feat, +1 Strength, +1 Charisma, +1 Constitution
    [/table]

Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Climb, Jump, Intimidate, Knowledge (All skills, taken individually), Listen, Spot, Use Magic Device

Proficiencies
    : a Styx dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides her own natural weapons

Features:

Stygian Body: The Styx dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, Bite 1d8+1½ Strength modifier damage, a 40 foot base land speed which starts increasing by 10 every hit dice after her fourth hit dice and medium size. In addition, the Styx dragon gains a swim speed equal to her base land speed.

The Styx dragon's arms are vestigial and cannot be used for any purpose.

The Styx dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to 1+Constitution modifier. Whenever the Styx dragon grows one size category, Her natural armor increases by a further 1.

Styx Adaptation (Ex): The Styx dragon has complete immunity to poisons and diseases, magic or mundane. In addition, she can breathe in water, Is not hampered in combat by being in an aquatic environment, and is immune to the harmful effects of the river Styx. The Styx dragon remains immune to poison and diseases even when immunity would be bypassed, such as by the disease ascension or perfection abilities of other Styx dragons.

Encrusted hide (Ex):
    Dragons simply love sleeping in their hoards when they have the opportunity. This tends to make things like gold and jewels stick within their hide, granting them additional armor. The Dragon gets a +2 armor bonus to armor class, and gains an additional +1 to this figure at level 3 and 5 for a total of a +4 armor bonus.

Styx dragon SLAs (Su): At 1st level Fog Cloud SLA 2/day per HD.

At 4th level Curse Water 2/day per HD and Darkness 1/day per HD

At 6th level Stinking Cloud and Deeper Darkness 1/day per 3 HD.

At 8th level Black Tentacles 1/day per 4 HD

At 10th level Hold Person 1/day per 4 HD

At 14th level, Acid Fog 1/day per 4 HD

At 16th level Horrid Wilting 1/day Per 4 HD.

Keen Senses (Ex): At second level, the Styx dragon's senses become far stronger. The Styx dragon sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. She also has darkvision out to 120 feet

Stygian Breath (Su): At second level the Styx dragon gains a breath weapon. The breath weapon is a 60 foot line dealing 1d6 acid damage/HD, with a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier) for half and takes 1d4 rounds to recharge. The line increases by 10 feet for every extra hit die she gains. In addition, at 5 HD the damaging effects of the line cling to enemies. The next round the acid deals half the damage it dealt the previous round. At 10 HD it affects them again dealing one quarter the damage it originally dealt.

Blindsense (Ex): At third level the dragon gains Blindsense as the normal ability, range 60 feet.

Draconic Roar (Ex): At level 3, even a Dragon's roar is a threatening weapon. As a Swift action the Styx Dragon can emit an astounding roar. Doing so deals half her breath weapon damage in Sonic damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10+ Half HD+ Constitution modifier) negates the damage. Once a Styx Dragon uses her Draconic roar she can't use it again until after she uses her breath weapon. The Roar affects all creatures within 30 feet. Dragons are immune to the effects of the Draconic Roar ability.

Fetid Breath (Su): At 5th level, the Styx Dragon can modify her breath weapon to sicken her enemies. By adding 1 round to the recharge time, any enemy that fails its initial reflex save is sickened, and takes acid damage equal to the Styx Dragon's HD each round for the duration of the fight. The enemy can choose to end the effect by electing to become nauseated for one round instead.

Repeated uses of Fetid Breath do not make the Acid Damage Stack.

Acid Resist (Ex): At 5th level, the Styx dragon gains acid resistance equal to her total HD.

At 10 HD, this becomes twice her HD.

Ability Increase: .
    The Styx Dragon

{table]
    Level|Bonus Gained
    6|+1 Charisma
    8|+1 Strength
    10|+1 Constitution
    11|+1 Charisma
    13|+1 Strength
    14|+1 Constitution
    15|+1 Charisma
    16|+1 Strength
    18|+1 Constitution
    20|+1 Charisma, Strength and Constitution

[/table]

Tail Blades (Ex): At 6th level the Styx Dragon's infamous Tail Blades become usable as weapons. They're Primary Natural Weapons dealing 1d8+1½ Strength Modifier damage.

Diseased Tail blades (Ex): At 7th level anybody who is hit by the tail blades must succeed on a Fortitude save equal to the Dragon's breath weapon save DC or contract a disease. The player must choose which disease this is once She gets this ability and the ability cannot be changed after this.

Improved Grapple:at 7th level the Styx dragon gains the improved grapple feat regardless of whether or not she meets the prerequisites.

Constrict (Ex): At 7th level, after the Styx dragon makes a successful grapple check, she can make a constrict attack. The constrict attack deals twice the tail blade's damage as bludgeoning damage.
    Growth (Ex):At 8th level the Dragon may grow a size category (Ordinarily to large size).
    At 12th she may grow another size category (ordinarily to huge).
    At 19th she may grow another size category, (Ordinarily to gargantuan).

Her AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but she doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Domain (Su): At levels 8 and 18 the Styx Dragon chooses one domain from the following: Darkness, Ocean, Suffering, Water and Watery Death, and from that point onward, she can cast each spell from that domain once a day as long as she has HD equal to twice the spell's level.

Stygian Grab (Ex): At 9th level the Styx dragon gains the improved grab extraordinary ability. To use this ability a Styx dragon must hit an enemy that is at least one size category smaller than her with Her tail blades attack. She can then immediately make a Grapple check, and if it's successful can use her constrict ability in the same turn. In addition, this ability ignores freedom of movement effects.

Burrow Speed (Ex): At 9th level, the Styx Dragon gains a burrow speed, equal to one half her land speed. If the land speed increases or decreases, the burrow speed does as well.

Blight-Blooded (Ex): At Tenth level, the Styx dragon's blood grows thinner, and it obtains the same affinity for disease her Tail and Bite have. Every time the Styx dragon is dealt lethal damage by a slashing or piercing type weapon, blood gushes out of the wound (Effects depend on the weapons used. A sword would have a spray, a bite attack would have it gush into the mouth, ETC). When dealt lethal damage, the blood gushes out at her attacker. So long as the attacker has an exposed area when it attacks, blood will gush into the exposed area, potentially infecting them with whatever disease the Styx dragon chose for her tail blades to transmit.

The Styx dragon's blood can be avoided with the following precautions: Covering your mouth and nose with something thick that the blood will slide off of (No cloth), Covering your eyes with a similar material, making sure any open wounds are covered well, and just in general not leaving any exposed skin. Those who attempt to slay Styx Dragons often wear their normal armor over a smooth leather body suit, wear a mask of some sort to make sure it doesn't get on their neck or head, and cover their faces with Gas-mask-like apparatuses.

additionally, the Dragon's gums have become rather prone to breaking open and bleeding out into whatever they bite in the middle of battle. The Dragon's bite attack now transmits the disease as per her tail.

There is no static price for Styx dragon blood. The prices are set by each individual Styx dragon.

Stygian Scales (Ex): At 11th level the Styx dragon gains DR/magic and good equal to half her total HD and SR equal to her HD+11

Stygian Influence (Su): After swimming through the river Styx for centuries, the planes they swim through have affected the dragon's attacks. At 11th level The Dragon's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it might be wielding, are simultaneously treated as Lawful, Chaotic, and Evil.

Crush: At 12th level the dragon can make a crush attack dealing 2d8 damage base, already taking in account huge size

Spoiler
    Show
    This special attack allows a flying or jumping dragon of at least Huge size to land on opponents as a standard action, using her whole body to crush them. Crush attacks are effective only against opponents three or more size categories smaller than the dragon (though it can attempt normal overrun or grapple attacks against larger opponents).

A crush attack affects as many creatures as can fit under the dragon’s body. Creatures in the affected area must succeed on a Reflex save (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon) or be pinned, automatically taking bludgeoning damage during the next round unless the dragon moves off them. If the dragon chooses to maintain the pin, treat it as a normal grapple attack. Pinned opponents take damage from the crush each round if they don’t escape.

A crush attack deals the indicated damage plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down).

Frightful Presence (Ex): at 12th level the dragon gains frightful presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever the dragon attacks or charges. Enemies within a radius of 30 feet × half the dragon's level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than the dragon. A potentially affected enemy that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Charisma modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, enemies with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Bonus Feat: At levels 13, 15 and 20 the Styx Dragon gains Extraordinary disease as a bonus feat (see after this monster entry) or a fighter bonus feat for which it qualifies.

Erosion (Su): The Styx Dragon's Acid Breath improves still more. When used against enemies, for each of the three rounds they're exposed to it, their armor starts breaking down. Their armor is reduced by 1 each round they're exposed to the breath weapon, and is reduced by a further 1 every time they're hit. The Penalty is dealt to their highest AC bonus from any source. If the AC is reduced to zero, the item granting it may be destroyed (In the case of Armor or magic items) or the bonuses simply become unusable for the fight. The AC penalties to natural armor bonuses (Bonuses the creature has naturally, not only natural armor) return after an 8 hour rest.

This is a modification, but it does not add any recharge time.

Stupefying Breath (Su): At 14th level the dragon gains an additional breath weapon. The breath is a cone with a radius of 30 feet+5 feet per HD of the dragon and deals 1 intelligence damage for every 4 HD of the dragon. The damage can be halved with an appropriate fortitude save (DC10+Constitution Modifier+Half her HD). The breath weapon recharges in 1d4 rounds.

Disease Ascension (Ex): At 15th level, the dragon can now bypass immunity to disease derived from class features (Such as the Paladin's divine health) and any ability not derived from a creature's type. However, Styx dragons cannot affect each other with this ability. In addition, the damage die for the disease she chose increases one size.

Vitriolic Acid (Su): At 15th level, Any objects hit with the Breath weapon (Or Natural weapons at sixteenth level), have their hardness ignored, and the acid damage cannot be resisted except by other Styx Dragons.

Corrosion (Ex): At 16th level, the Stygian Dragon's natural weapons deal an additional 1d8 Acid Damage. This Damage increases one die step for every 4 HD gained from here.

Stygian Bite(Su): At level 17 the Styx Dragon's bite is a weapon to be feared. The Dragon can now channel her Stupefying breath weapon into her bite attack to be used along with it. This still counts as a use of the breath weapon. Channeling the breath weapon is a swift action.

Acid immunity (Ex): At 17th level, the Styx Dragon becomes immune to acid damage.

Contagion Breath (Su) Using this ability adds 2 rounds to the recharge time of the breath weapon. This effect applies regardless of which breath weapon the Styx Dragon uses. When an enemy is affected by the breath, they must make a Fortitude save. The player then rolls a D6, the result of which affects all enemies who fail their saves. Immunity to the following conditions is negated.
    1. Fatigued.
    2. Blinded or deafened (Player's choice)
    3. Nauseated
    4. Exhausted
    5. Poisoned (1d10 Con damage, repeats in one minute)
    6. Sickened

If a creature is already suffering from one of the above conditions, it instead suffers all applicable ones if it fails its save.

Tail Sweep:At 19th level this special attack allows a dragon of at least Gargantuan size to sweep with her tail as a standard action. The sweep affects a half-circle with a radius of 30 feet (or 40 feet for a Colossal dragon), extending from an intersection on the edge of the dragon’s space in any direction. Creatures within the swept area are affected if they are four or more size categories smaller than the dragon. A tail sweep automatically deals 2d6 plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down). Affected creatures can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon).

Pestilence (Ex):At 19th level the Styx Dragon can contaminate anything she touches. As a full round action the Styx dragon can "rub" the area where She's standing or a number of objects equal to her Con modifier. The next creature stepping on that area or touching the object willingly receives a disease as if hit by the Styx's dragon natural weapons, same Fort Save to resist. The disease must be chosen when the Styx Dragon rubs. The effect is permanent but each contaminated square /object can only try to infect one creature per HD. A rogue can spot and safely "clean" an object with their trap sense, search and disable DCs are 10+HD+Constitution modifier.

Disease Perfection (Ex): At 20th level, the Styx dragon's affinity for disease has reached it's peak. From this point on, the dragon's disease based abilities* affect even those normally immune to them. The dragon now bypasses any immunity unless the being is a Styx dragon. In addition, anything that is not normally immune to disease receives no save, and the die of the disease she chose increases another size.

Miasma Spray (Su): At 20th level, the Styx Dragon gains her final Breath weapon Improvement. This is a modification, and using it adds 4 rounds to the recharge time of her breath weapon. Any enemies who are hit by the Breath weapon are subject to Doom Breath. Any enemy that dies after being affected explodes in a large radius. The Size of the explosion, along with the amount of damage it deals, depends on the size of the creatures affected. All damage dealt in this way is acid damage.

Diminuitive: 5
    Fine: 10
    Tiny: 20
    Small: 40
    Medium: 60
    Large: 80
    Huge: 100
    Gargantuan: 150
    Colossal: 200

In addition to the features described herein, there are new feats to enhance the Styx dragon's disease based abilities. (Credit to Hyudra)
    Extraordinary Disease [Monstrous]
    Your disease works in a manner above and beyond that of other creatures of your type.
    Prerequisite: A natural weapon that can transmit disease, 13 Con and 6HD, at least one of which must be a level in a monster class.
    Benefit: Choose one of the following from the list to enhance your poison:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Pathogen: Each time the victim fails a save against the disease (including the initial save to find if the disease was contracted), the DC is increased by +2.
    • Rapid Onset: The Disease now has an incubation period of 1d3 rounds. This may be taken a second time, reducing the incubation period to 1d3-2 rounds.
    • Scourge: The victim must save against the disease twice as often (ie. from every 24 hours to every 12 hours). This option may be taken multiple times, halving the amount of time the victim must save each time it is taken. (from 24 to 12, 12 to 6, 6 to 3, and so on).
    • Fever: Once the poison enters the victim's system, the victim displays a rapidly progressing fever. From the point the victim fails the saving throw up until the time the disease is removed, the victim is Fatigued. Once the disease is incubated, the victim must make a fortitude save on any given hour or be Exhausted, instead. (DC is 10 + ½ creature's HD + creature's Con)
    • Systemic Shock: When an opponent fails their save against disease, they are immediately sickened. Further, if the disease affects physical stats, the creature must make another fortitude save or be nauseated for 1d4 rounds, and if the disease affects mental stats, the creature must make a will save or be confused for 2d3 rounds. The DC for both saves is 10 + ½ creature's HD + creature's Con.
      Once the disease has incubated, the victim must save or be nauseated/confused (again, as appropriate to the disease) on any given hour.
    • Miasma: After a disease has finished incubating, a contagious vapor begins leaking out of their nose and mouth to taint the air around them. The disease effectively becomes inhalation and contact based, transmitted with the victim themselves as the origin point. Any infections transmitted in this way have the traits of the original disease, but with only a 50% chance the new victim will also show signs of the miasma.
      1d3 rounds after a victim afflicted with Miasma dies, the miasma begins consuming their body, filling all adjacent squares with the inhaled version of the disease.
    • Blight: The disease becomes potent enough to affect targets that are normally immune, as the individual elements in the disease produce byproducts that consume, occlude or taint even inanimate matter or energies. The Disease can now affect any creature that cannot produce the disease itself, including those creatures that are typically immune or that lack constitution scores. The effects of the poison are halved when affecting such opponents, rounding down. Diseases that would deal Constition damage to creatures with no Constitution score deal Charisma damage instead.

Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, choosing a different option each time (or choosing options that specifically allow multiple instances).
    ]

Comments

Spoiler
    Show
    This was done for the Monster class competition and is simply being re-posted. Several new monsters will be posted sometime over Spring Break.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Standardized its knowledge skill.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-24 at 01:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

First, I'd like to apologize for not updating with a monster class or something similar as I'd have liked. I assure you this project is not dead, just maybe on hold for a little while.

I did make a slight overhaul to the various classes that I'm likely going to continue to use in future classes for various reasons.

The first change I made was changing Growth to "May" instead of having to grow size categories. This allows for more customization, and may fit certain concepts better.

The second change was changing it to simply "Grow a size category" and say what you ordinarily grow to. This is because the monster may already be the size they'd be growing to for whatever reason (A half-gold silver dragon would grow to large size at 6 HD and then grow to...large at its 10th Silver Dragon level. Yeah, that doesn't work) and so I changed it to work as it should.

Lastly, I changed the language of each growth ability to be consistent since it wasn't before. The way several abilities read, it didn't exclude gaining the ability bonuses from growing size categories, and that creates problems.

The good news is, I've got a six hour car ride tomorrow, and after doing my Science Homework, I'll have nothing I have to do, so I can be sure to work on requests.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

It's cool. I'm awaiting the return just to see what got worked on. =)
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

The Clockwork Horrors. (MM2. Yes, I'm completely insane, why do you ask?)

This isn't war, this is pest control.

Alignment: While not required, players playing Clockwork horrors are strongly encouraged to be Lawful Evil.

Favored Class:
    None

Other fluff to come later when I have the time to type it out.

Electrum Horror
    Spoiler
    Show

HD: d12
    {TABLE=head]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +0| +0| +0| +0| Electrum Horror body, Sonic Vulnerability, EX-TERM-INATE, Pest Control
    2| +1| +0| +0| +0| Electricity Resistance, Electrum Horror SLAs
    3| +1| +1| +1| +1| Sundering Saw (Improved Sunder and doubled enhancement bonus when sundering), Sneak attack +1d6
    4| +2| +1| +1| +1| Linked Mind, Climb Speed, (Spell Resistance at 8 HD)
    [/table]
    2+int modifier skill points per level. Class Skills: None

Proficiencies: A clockwork horror is not proficient with any weapons or armor except for its saw.

Electrum Horror Body: At first level, the Electrum Horror is a Small creature with construct traits, a 30 foot base land speed, A Saw attack that deals 1d8+ 1&1/2 Strength modifier damage*, and a natural armor bonus equal to its strength modifier.

*An Electrum Horror's saw is a manufactured weapon and a natural one, whichever would be more beneficial at the time. The saw allows the Horror to have iteratives. The Saw also gains a +1 Enhancement bonus every 4 HD (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, ETC.).

Electrum horrors do not have hands and are not capable of fine manipulation.

Sonic Vulnerability (Ex): Electrum Horrors are vulnerable to Sonic damage. In addition to taking extra damage, they must make a fortitude save or only be able to take a single action during their next turn.

EX-TERM-INATE (Ex): At first level, the Electrum Horror gains Favored Enemy (Everything Else). The bonuses this bestows increase every five HD (5, 10, 15, 20, ETC.)

Pest Control (Su): The Electrum Horror has a small laser beam mounted on it. This beam deals 1d6 force damage per HD, targetting touch AC. Additionally, by giving up 3 dice of damage, it can instead deal 1d4 Constitution damage for every 3 dice given up.

Electricity Resistance (ex): At second level, the Electrum Horror gains resitance to electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD this resistance doubles. At 12 HD, it becomes immunity.

Electrum Horror SLAs (Su): At second level, the Electrum Horror gains Magic Missile as an SLA, usable at-will

At 4 HD it gains Fog Cloud and invisibility as SLAs usable 1/day per 2 HD

At 6 HD, it gains Lightning Bolt as an SLA usable 1 day per 3 HD

At 8 HD, it gains Invisibility Greater as an SLA usable 1/day per 4 HD

At 10 HD it gains Mislead as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 12 HD, it gains Disintegrate as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 14 HD it gains Invisibility Mass as an SLA usable1/day per 7 HD

At 16 HD it gains Screen as an SLA usable 1/day per 8 HD

At 18 HD it gains Weird as an SLA usable 1/day per 9 HD

Sundering Saw (Ex): At 3rd level, the Electrum Horror gains Improve Sunder as a bonus feat. When using its saw to sunder items, its enhancement bonus to attack and damage is doubled.

Sneak attack (Ex): At 3rd level, the Electrum Horror deals an extra 1d6 damage when its target would be denied its dexterity bonus to AC.

Linked Mind (Ex):All Clockwork horrors within 10 mile of a gold, Platinum or Adamantine Horror are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a particular group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No Clockwork Horror in a group is considered Flanked unless all of them are.

Spider Climb (Ex): At 4th level, the Electrum Horror gains a climb speed equal to its base land speed.

Lightning Bolt (Su):
    At 6 HD, the Electrum Horror can produce a lightning bolt, as per the spell, once every 2 rounds.

Spell Resistance (Ex):
    At 8 HD, the Electrum Horror gains spell resistant equal to its HD+11

Gold Horror
    Spoiler
    Show

1| +0| +0| +0| +0| Gold Horror Body, Sonic Vulnerability, EX-TERM-INATE, Pest Control
    2| +1| +0| +0| +0| Electricity Resistance, Gold Horror SLAs (Buff focused, lightning bolt and other blasting spells)
    3| +1| +1| +1| +1| Sundering Saw (Improved Sunder and doubled enhancement bonus when sundering)
    4| +2| +1| +1| +1| Linked Mind
    5| +2| +1| +1| +1| Inspiring presence, Electrum Horror guard
    [/table]

Proficiencies: A clockwork horror is not proficient with any weapons or armor except for its saw.

Gold Horror Body: At first level, the Gold Horror is a Small creature with construct traits, a 30 foot base land speed, A Saw attack that deals 1d8+ 1&1/2 Strength modifier damage*, and a natural armor bonus equal to its strength modifier.

*A Gold Horror's saw is a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon, whichever would be more beneficial at the time. The saw also allows the horror to have iteratives. The Saw also gains a +1 Enhancement bonus every 4 HD (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, ETC.). Lastly, the Saw's damage dice increase by 1 size every 4 HD.

Gold Horrors do not have hands and as such do not have fine manipulation

Sonic Vulnerability (Ex): Gold Horrors are vulnerable to Sonic damage. In addition to taking extra damage, they must make a fortitude save or only be able to take a single action during their next turn.

EX-TERM-INATE (Ex): At first level, the Gold Horror gains Favored Enemy (Everything Else). The bonuses this bestows increase every five HD (5, 10, 15, 20, ETC.)

Pest Control (Su): The Gold Horror has a small laser beam mounted on it. This beam deals 1d6 force damage per HD, targetting touch AC. Additionally, by giving up 3 dice of damage, it can instead deal 1d4 Constitution damage for every 3 dice given up.

Electricity Resistance (ex): At second level, the Gold Horror gains resistance to electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD this resistance doubles. At 12 HD, it becomes immunity.

Gold Horror SLAs (Su):
    At second level, the Gold Horror gains True Strike as an SLA usable 1/day per HD.

At 4 HD the Gold Horror gains Bull's Strength as an SLA usable 1/day per 2 HD

At 6 HD the Gold Horror gains Haste as an SLA usable 1/day per 3 HD

At 8 HD the Gold Horror gains Passwall as an SLA usable 1/day per 4 HD

At 10 HD the Gold Horror gains Overland Flight as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 12 HD the Gold Horror gains Disintegrate as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 14 HD the Gold Horror gains Transformation as an SLA usable 1/day per 7 HD

At 16 HD the Gold Horror gains Iron Body as an SLA usable 1/day per 8 HD

Sundering Saw (Ex): At 3rd level, the Electrum Horror gains Improve Sunder as a bonus feat. When using its saw to sunder items, its enhancement bonus to attack and damage is doubled.

Linked Mind (Ex):All Clockwork horrors within 10 mile of a gold, Platinum or Adamantine Horror are in constant communication. If one is aware of a particular danger, they all are. If one in a particular group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No Clockwork Horror in a group is considered Flanked unless all of them are.

Inspiring Presence (Ex): Gold Clockwork Horrors are the generals of the swarm, and all horrors are boosted a bit in the presence of one. Out to 5 feet per HD, the Gold Horror produces a boost to other clockwork horrors, boosting their attack and damage bonuses by +1 per 4 HD. This aura only stacks with a similar aura once.

Electrum Horror Guard: At 5th level, the Gold Horror gains its own guards in the form of Electrum Horrors. The Gold Horror gains 1 at 5th level, an an additional guard every 5 HD after. The first is 2 “Levels” lower than the Gold Horror, and each progressive guard is 2 “Levels” lower than the previous one. The Electrum horrors can be straight out of the Monster Manual 2, or made by using the previous class. Unlike Other Electrum Horrors, these are mindless, and so don't get skill points, feats, or class levels. The Electrum Horror guard gain bonus HD to bring them up to the required level. So, if you were 15th level, you would have a 13th level Electrum Horror, an 11th level one, and a 9th level one.

Lightning Bolt (Su):
    At 6 HD, the Gold Horror can produce a lightning bolt, as per the spell, once every 2 rounds.

Spell Resistance (Ex):
    At 8 HD, the Gold Horror gains spell resistance equal to its HD+11

Platinum Horror
    Spoiler
    Show

1| +0| +0| +0| +0| Platinum Horror Body, Spell Vulnerability, EX-TERM-INATE, Pest Control
    2| +1| +0| +0| +0| Electricity Resistance, Platinum Horror SLAs (Lightning bolt and divination focused, some destruction based SLAs,)
    3| +1| +1| +1| +1| Sundering Saw (Improved sunder, enhancement bonuses are doubled when sundering)
    4| +2| +1| +1| +1| Linked Mind, Non-detection
    5| +2| +1| +1| +1| Razor Saw (Ignores Armor, shield, and natural armor bonuses to AC),
    6| +3| +2| +2| +2| Lightning Bolt
    7| +3| +2| +2| +2| Weakening aura

[/table]

Platinum Horror Body: At first level, the Platinum Horror is a Small creature with construct traits, a 30 foot base land speed, A Saw attack that deals 1d8+ 1&1/2 Strength modifier damage*, and a natural armor bonus equal to its strength modifier.

*A Platinum Horror's saw is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural one, whichever would be more beneficial at the time. Its allows the Horror to have iteratives. The Saw also gains a +1 Enhancement bonus every 4 HD (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, ETC.).

Sonic Vulnerability (Ex): Platinum Horrors are vulnerable to Sonic damage. In addition to taking extra damage, they must make a fortitude save or only be able to take a single action during their next turn.

EX-TERM-INATE (Ex): At first level, the Platinum Horror gains Favored Enemy (Everything Else). The bonuses this bestows increase every five HD (5, 10, 15, 20, ETC.)

Pest Control (Su): The Platinum Horror has a small laser beam mounted on it. This beam deals 1d6 force damage per HD, targetting touch AC. Additionally, by giving up 3 dice of damage, it can instead deal 1d4 Constitution damage for every 3 dice given up.

Electricity Resistance (ex): At second level, the Platinum Horror gains resistance to electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD this resistance doubles. At 12 HD, it becomes immunity.

Platinum Horror SLAs (Su): At second level, The Platinum Horror gains Doom as an SLA, usable at-will

At 4 HD the Platinum Horror gains Locate Object and See Invisibility as SLAs usable 1/day per 2 HD each.

At 6 HD the Platinum Horror gains Arcane Sight and Tongues as SLAs usable 1/day per 3 HD each

At 8 HD the Platinum Horror gains Scrying and Locate Creature as SLAs, usable 1/day per 4 HD each

At 10 HD the Platinum Horror gains Waves of Fatigue as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD. This upgrades to Waves of exhaustion at 15 HD

At 12 HD the Platinum Horror gains Disintegrate and True Seeing as SLAs, usable 1/day per 5 HD each.

At 14 HD the Platinum Horror gains Scrying Greater and Reverse Gravity as SLAs usable 1/day per 7 HD each.

At 16 HD the Platinum Horror gains Discern Location and Moment of Prescience usable 1/day per 8 HD each.

Razor Saw (Ex): At 5th level, the Platinum Horror's saw has become so sharp, it begins making common defenses irrelevant. When attacking with its saw, it ignores Natural Armor, armor, and shield bonuses to AC.

Lightning Bolt (Su):
    At level 6, the Platinum Horror can produce a lightning bolt, as per the spell, once every 2 rounds. The damage cap on a Platinum Horror's lightning bolt is 20d6 instead of 10d6 as per normal.

Weakening aura (Su): At 7th level, every non-Clockwork horror within 5 feet per HD of the Platinum Horror takes a penalty to AC, Spell Resistance, and Damage reduction equal to ¼ its HD. The weakening aura of multiple platinum horrors stacks.

Spell Resistance (Ex):
    At 8 HD, the Platinum Horror gains spell resistance equal to its HD+11

Adamantine Horror
    Spoiler
    Show

1| +0| +0| +0| +0| Adamantine Horror Body, Spell Vulnerability, EX-TERM-INATE, Pest Control
    2| +1| +0| +0| +0| Electricity Resistance, Adamantine Horror SLAs
    3| +1| +1| +1| +1| Sundering Saw
    4| +2| +1| +1| +1| Linked mind
    5| +2| +1| +1| +1| Adamantine Shell
    6| +3| +2| +2| +2| Lightning Bolt
    7| +3| +2| +2| +2| Power Saw
    8| +4| +2| +2| +2| Spell Resistance
    9| +4| +3| +3| +3| Shatter (Any manufactured weapon that hits an adamantine horror that is not made out of adamantine or a similarly hard metal deals normal damage but is destroyed upon impact)
    [/table]

Adamantine Horror Body: At first level, the Adamantine Horror is a Small creature with construct traits, a 30 foot base land speed, A Saw attack that deals 1d8+ 1&1/2 Strength modifier damage*, and a natural armor bonus equal to its strength modifier.

*An Adamantine Horror's saw is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural one. The Horror has iteratives. The Saw also gains a +1 Enhancement bonus every 4 HD (4, 8, 12, 16, 20, ETC.).

Adamantine Horrors do not have hands and as such do not have fine manipulation

Sonic Vulnerability (Ex): Adamantine Horrors are vulnerable to Sonic damage. In addition to taking extra damage, they must make a fortitude save or only be able to take a single action during their next turn.

EX-TERM-INATE (Ex): At first level, the Adamantine Horror gains Favored Enemy (Everything Else). The bonuses this bestows increase every five HD (5, 10, 15, 20, ETC.)

Pest Control (Su): The Electrum Horror has a small laser beam mounted on it. This beam deals 1d6 force damage per HD, targetting touch AC. Additionally, by giving up 3 dice of damage, it can instead deal 1d4 Constitution damage for every 3 dice given up.

Electricity Resistance (ex): At second level, the Adamantine Horror gains resistance to electricity equal to its HD. At 7 HD this resistance doubles. At 12 HD, it becomes immunity.

Adamantine Horror SLAs (Su): At 2nd level the Adamantine Horror gains Magic Missile as an SLA usable at-will

At 4 HD it gains Scorching Ray as an SLA usable 1/day per 2 HD

At 6 HD it gains Stinking cloud as an SLA usable 1/day per 3 HD

At 8 HD it gains Wall of Fire as an SLA usable 1/day per 4 HD

At 10 HD it gains Cloudkill as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 12 HD it gains Acid Fog as an SLA usable 1/day per 6 HD and Disintegrate as an SLA usable 1/day per 5 HD

At 14 HD it gains Prismatic Spray as an SLA usable 1/day per 7 HD

At 16 HD it gains Sunburst as an SLA usable 1/day per 8 HD

At 18 HD it gains Implosion as an SLA usable 1/day per 9 HD

Adamantine Shell (Ex): At 5th level the Adamantine Horror gains DR/- equal to 1/3rd its HD.

Lightning Bolt (Su):
    At level 6, the Platinum Horror can produce a lightning bolt, as per the spell, once every 2 rounds.

Power Saw (Ex): At 7th level, the Adamantine Horror's saw has become so sharp, it begins making common defenses irrelevant. When attacking with its saw, it ignores Natural Armor, armor, and shield bonuses to AC. Additionally, it ignores the hardness of objects with hardness less than 20

Spell Resistance (Ex):
    At 8th level, the Adamantine Horror gains spell resistance equal to its HD+11

Shatter (Su): At 9th level, the Adamantine Horror's shell is supernaturally hard. Any manufactured weapon striking an adamantine horror that does not have hardness 20 or greater, or is not treated as adamantine, deals whatever damage it would deal but shatters upon impact. A shattered weapon can be repaired for half its total worth. [/b]

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

This is my first foray into Constructs, so they may not be very good.

The one that was specifically requested was Adamantine, but there didn't seem to be much point in doing the Adamantine and not doing the other three. Considering there are only 4 clockwork horror types and they apparently don't get along with other races, doing only the adamantine would have been kind of meaningless.

I tried to make each one unique in its own way. Unlike with some other races, there didn't seem to be any decent way to turn them all into one class, since each one is quite distinct from another. I wanted to do the Pressure dart for the Copper Horror but I couldn't find any stats for it other than 2d4+1 damage.

As you can probably tell from a certain class feature or two, I also threw a bit of Dalek in there. It's not like the original race was too far off judging by their fluff.

Because of the obscene amount of immunities Constructs get, they get less class features, bad BAB, no saves, and no skill points to compensate.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-08-05 at 11:56 PM.