New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: I will draw your D&d character.

This is an opportunity I can't pass up. Your art is really quite good. I hope you aren't getting too swamped.

So, on to the character. His name is Kirk Locke. He's a drow elf that's abandoned his home many years ago. Don't mistake him for a drizzt clone. He just prefers to practice his own brand of evil. He likes to think of himself as a ladies man, which could be considered accurate, if not all the time. First and foremost, he's self serving. He's confident to the point of being smug.

Now for the important bit, physical description.

Kirk of course has dark skin. It is a dark grey, nearly black. his eyes are red and glow slightly with a light not dissimilar to a flame's. his hair is cut pretty short, probably only extending halfway own his ears, and is white. His ears are pointed of course. Generally Kirk will wear a smile suggesting he knows something you don't and he enjoys that fact. Or a smirk, whatever pleases you. He is rather handsome, though still looking elvish.

As for his clothing. He wears a black suit most of the time. Simple black jacket that tends to be left open and black pants. The idea I was going for when I made the character was the Blues Brothers. Black suits, pants, and tie and a white shirt. He wears simple black dress shoes on his feet. On his head is an SRV hat. That particular one in fact, plume and all. Lastly is the sunglasses he wears. I'm pretty flexible for what they look like, though I'd prefer something with a thin frame. Perhaps like the non-oots avatar I'll put at the bottom of this page.

I'm not too picky about his pose. A casual stance would suit him well. I would prefer that he be looking over his sunglasses rather than have them conceal his eyes. He tends to be careful about looking through them after an accident involving their magic allowing him to see something he shouldn't have. Something of note might be his weapon of choice. He keeps no less than four throwing knives on his person at all times. They're concealed, but you could have him holding one. He's a skilled knife fighter, whether that's throwing them or using them up close and personal. I'll leave anything else to your judgement.

I also have a couple avatars of him, so I'll put them here for you to glance at.

They aren't exactly accurate anymore, but are fairly close as long as you take into account what I've mentioned previously.

Finally, here is a link to his character sheet. It's in a bit of need of updating, but you might glean something for it if you'd like to take a look.

If you decide to do this I couldn't thank you enough. It'd be really appreciated. Of course I couldn't expect you to if you don't get to it. Here's to hoping you do.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-08-01 at 07:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Holy crap, you're great! That was... unexpected. In that case: bandwagoning time!

I'm struggling to find a good picture of my newest character. In particular, her armour. I want it to be impractical, but not stripperific. Anyway, the character overall...

Eleusipa Thothervain and her noble steed, Laidepadaer
    Small, slightly built elf, but quite strong.
    Coldly beautiful, with fine features.
    Pale blonde hair with blue and green streaks (longish - longer than shoulder).
    Bright green eyes.
    Armour... here we go. Plate armour. Figure-hugging. Has a sort of collar around the throat, but opens around the chest to show cleavage (I picture... a panel coming up on each side of her neck... Actually, you know what? I'll draw what I mean. See back here later). Has an armoured skirt that's suited for riding - I'm thinking flared hips and a split at the front and/or back to allow her to spread her legs (hurr hurr).
    She rides a unicorn - a big, manly, grey-dappled unicorn with a long, sharp steel-grey horn. The unicorn has his own set of studded leather armour, and a pair of Horseshoes of Speed. And a saddle, of course. Also he's pretty jealous of her, and a bit in lust. Just, y'know, fyi.
    Her main weapon is a lance, she carries a shield, and she also has a longsword and longbow. I haven't had any ideas on what any of these look like, so feel free to get creative. I'm thinking unicorny, maybe the lance could look like the unicorn's horn and maybe the shield could have a picture of a unicorn on it, but that's about it and I'm not set on those.
    She's a Chaotic Good Paladin of Freedom, if that makes any difference.
    edit: Right, so, this is roughly how I imagine her armour. Except, like, prettier. And generally better.
    Spoiler
    Show

And my other one why not.

Alwynn Gerwinaiko, Sorcerer/Swordsage
    A middle-aged man, in his early 40s. But extremely good looking - lots of handsome with a dash of pretty. His wrinkles are mostly smile-lines around his mouth and the corners of his eyes.
    Pure white hair, and a well-groomed white beard.
    Eyes that range from ice blue to stormcloud grey depending on his mood, practically exploding with sparkles.
    He's tall, straight with lithely muscled limbs.
    He wears something like a Keikogi of very fine silk the colour of the roof of the sky in late afternoon, delicately embroidered in intricate floral patterns the colour of forget-me-nots.
    Over this he wears a plain grey cloak.
    He also has large, white wings with a tint of pale blue, but they're generally hidden under the cloak.
    He has a long, fine staff that is his weapon, his walking-stick and his arcane familiar.
    One of his favourite tricks is to pretend to be old and bent and decrepit. When some thugs or whatever decide he'd make an easy target, he blasts them with a bit of magic. Then when they get close enough, thinking they've stopped him from using his magic and now he's an easy target... that's when he breaks their kneecaps with his staff.
    Old, cloaked, or gloriously winged - or all of the above! - is fine if you want to do this guy.

edit: Oh, I suppose if you wanted to do Serpentine and/or her brother Sinuous, that would be pretty amazingly cool, too:

Last edited by Serpentine; 2011-05-17 at 11:47 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oh! You are not only a nice person, but a good artist!

How about (if you find time and inspiration):

Choreille, Daughter-Heir of Sermal, Necromancer-Lord of the forsaken desert city of Akharzan

Chaotic Evil necromancer like her father, currently out exploring the world. Initially conceived as what Sauron's teenage daughter might be like if Mordor was a family sitcom, also heavily influenced by Patsy from "Absolutely Fabulous". Uses a lot of fear spells and likes to capture souls.

Vaguely human (tomb-tainted/unholy scion) female, slenderish, youngish, with yellow slitted eyes, dirty yellowish hair, and skin the colour of aged ivory. Hair is in some variant of dreadlocks or rasta braids, with bits of gaudy jewelry and pieces of bone woven into it, hairstyle might look something like this:

Spoiler
    Show

though longer, reaching to the thighs or so.

Might wear any type of Vallejo-style or Evil Sorceress-style outfits, again, might also wear lots of gaudy jewelry and egyptian-style makeup. Most distinctive feature, however, are the animated serpent tattoos: one snake with head on back of right hand with tail reaching to right breast, one snake with tail on left foot and head somewhere in the groin region.

May or may not be surrounded by tortured ghosts bound to her as servants. Another distinctive feature is a hookah pipe, fashioned from a human skull, that she smokes various poisonous tobaccos and fungi from. A lot of the time, though, this is not actually to gain additional magical abilities, but rather to dampen her powers, as otherwise her aura of negative energy makes it difficult for her to be around living people.
    Last edited by Analytica; 2011-05-17 at 08:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Figured I might as well post here.
    Hlaalen Felalin, Human Alchemist
    Tall and lanky, with auburn hair and grey eyes. I'm not really sure about what his face looks like, so feel free there. His hair is unkempt. He wears light armor under a dark red overcoat, and he has lots of vials on his person.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my... It is times like these that makes me wish i played D&D.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #36

Wow, I guess I'll give this thing a shot.

Fandango Galbraith Firebrand

Race: Gnome
    Class: Gunslinger

Nearly shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes in the classic Clint Eastwood squint, somewhat tanned skin, and the rough beginnings of a beard.

If you've ever seen any of the Dollars trilogy movies then you have a pretty clear idea of what his clothes looks like. Cigarillo, battered brown hat with a telescope crown, pale blue shirt, dark blue jeans, tan boots, and a patterned brown and white sarape. Rather than a Peacemaker, though, he has a double-barrel flintlock pistol in a belt holster and a single-barrel shotgun slung across his back. Under the sarape, he wears a studded leather vest.
    Amazing ponified avatar by Madcrafter!

Original avatar by the awesome Savannah:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I don't know if you're still taking ideas, but might as well try, I'd love to have a picture...

Taltha Oresia
    , the magic engineer (from a setting where magic has become treated a lot like science) and healer.

Description:

Very tall woman, a fair bit over six feet of height.
    Very long hair, down to the hips, of a golden blond color. Has a single turquoise pin as her only hair ornament.
    Very clear blue eyes, has a bit of a piercing look, rather striking.
    Visibly adult build and body shape - she was the one 28 year old in a party whose average otherwise was around 17. She has, however, fairly delicate-looking hands in particular - she works precision work and has slender fingers.
    Exceedingly nice and polite, and pretty much the Team Mom - gives a feeling of softness.

Clothes... okay, here's the hard part. Taltha liked frilly dresses. Always white, sometimes with turquoise details, but generally very visibly old-school and out of place. This character's dress without the purple tabard is a good example of the kind of clothes she liked - ankle-length skirts that poofed out, long, ample sleeves with frilled or wavy openings. Basically, classy if impractical for someone who got inside the innards of constructs on a regular basis. She never minded, though.

Her staff is a sentient item that goes by Freyalise, a very simple-looking piece: a thin, blue stick with a thin green pattern alongside it, which at the end opens into a thin disc of the same blue metal with a green glass sphere in its middle.

As for pose... the most descriptive would have her raising a construct piece (I'm picturing an arm) in front of her face, obviously working on it with some kind of weird-looking glowy magical tool, looking at the camera in a "uh? Oh, sorry, didn't see you there, I was concentrated on this" expression with a hint of apology. The staff is probably laying on a nearby rock. If you want to add a bit of funny, you can add a small sigh coming from it - Freyalise was known to despair at its master's tendency to utterly forget about the universe at large when engrossed in her work
    Last edited by Drascin; 2011-05-17 at 02:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

If requests are still open, I'd like to throw my character in as well. Here's her information:

Morcaine

Race: Changeling (Pathfinder Changeling, not Eberron)
    Class: Inquisitor (specifically of Iomedae)

Description: Being the changeling daughter of an annis hag, Morcaine appears mostly human, but for a few unusual traits:

• At aproximately 6' 6'', she stands a head taller than the average human man
    • Her build is lanky, with long arms, and she has clearly toned and defined musculature, especially in her arms. In terms of "assets" she has a modest pear figure.
    • Her complexion is unnaturally pale, almost an ivory color.
    • Like most changelings, she has heterochromia, with her left eye a gorgeous purple, while the right is a pale blue-green.
    • Her hair goes down to about the middle of her back, and is soot-black.
    • She has strong-looking hands, and her fingernails are sharp and iron-black, sort of like claws.

Now, for clothing and accouterments

• As a follower of Iomedae, her clothes consist mainly of a white cassock with gold trim. She keeps this outfit impeccably clean. Over this robe, she wears her armor.
    • Over her robes, Morcaine wears a suit of gilded chainmail with a dark-blue tabard bearing Iomedae's holy symbol, the Sword of Valor:
      Spoiler
      Show
    • She carries a longsword made of mithral that has a blue stone set in the pommel. The blade is a dark blue studded with white that looks like the stars at night, and near the hilt is an image of the moon that changes with the real moon's phases:
      Spoiler
      Show
    • She has a kite shield of steel that's half dark-blue and half white, with the Sword of Valor in the middle.
    • For headgear, she has a tall conical hat with a flat top and a medium brim, similar to this, but white with dark blue and gold:
      Spoiler
      Show

Her personality could best be described as determined and serious. She's seen some of the worst things her homeland has to offer, spirits haunting the living out of sheer malice, people turning into beasts and ripping people apart, and innocents being lynched or burned by panicked mobs. She is dedicated in her fight for justice and the protection of the innocent, always willing to stand her ground to buy her friends time. She rarely smiles. She's not grim or fatalistic though, just tough and tenacious. She can be gentle or persuasive when the need arises, but mostly finds she has to bark orders and appear cold and frightening in order to get things done.

In terms of a similar celebrity, I'll be honest, the only thing I can think of would be either Natalie Portman or Keira Knightly, except maybe a bit more...I don't know, butch? Oh and with a more hook-like or sharp nose, again a trait inherited from her mother. Not a massive beak like the average hag has, but just enough that it's clear it's not a cute button nose or something.

Here's her backstory, if it helps any:

Spoiler
    Show
    Morcaine does not know the day she was born, so she's based her age off the day she was found on the steps of the small temple in the village of Grayce, on the border between Ustalav and Lastwall. A foundling with no clue left as to her heritage, the people of the village raised her together, instilling in her the values of hard work and honor. She might have lived her whole life as an aid to the local farmers and a shepard for the church's sheep, had she not heard the call.

It came to her on the eve of her tenth birthday, a subtle cooing in the night, like a mother to a child. Though the voice spoke of comfort and family, Morcaine became frightened of it. She told the local priest the next day, and begged him not to send her away or think she was crazy or something. To her surprise, he didn't. He told her that Ustalav could be a dark and frightening place, and that if she ever felt alone, she need only turn to the gods, and they would be with her. Morcaine prayed in the temple each night, sometimes feeling she could almost hear the voices of Pharasma, Iomedae, and the Empyreal Lord Andoletta, real voices to drown out the false. But after about a year of resisting the mysterious call, it tried to take her. Undead rose from the cemetery near the temple and attempted to take her. Though they could not enter the temple, the priest tried to drive them away, and was slain. They came the next night, and the night after that, never entering buildings, but trying everything in their power to get Morcaine out of the temple to follow the call that summoned them

The people of Grayce didn't know what to do. Some wanted to drive Morcaine out, blaming her for the problem, while others wanted to help her, as she'd been nothing but a friend to them all. The question was answered for them when a Knight of Ozem arrived to investigate the problems affecting the village. The Knight's name was Sir Able, and he was accompanied by the famous Professor, Petros Lorrimor. The two interviewed Morcaine and the village folk about what was going on, and the Professor told Morcaine something that shook her to the core.

She was not human, but a changeling, the daughter of a hag and some poor man she'd tricked and then likely eaten. The cooing voice was her mother trying to lure her back to her, to turn Morcaine into a hag as well. Sir Able surmised that the undead plaguing Grayce must have been raised by the hag to try and bring her back by force. Morcaine was horrified, but the two men told her not to worry. They would protect her from this scourge. Sure enough, when night fell that day, Sir Able single-handedly dispatched the undead at the door while Morcaine watched. The next day, Morcaine decided to ask the two to accompany her to find the hag. She wanted her mother to pay for the death of the priest that had helped her, and for the desecration of Grayce's dead. They agreed, and that night, Morcaine followed the voice where it beckoned, and Lorrimor and Able followed.

The call led the group to an eerie hut, more like a cave made from fallen branches and moss, and inside was a hulking black monstrosity, an annis hag. She cackled praise for Morcaine for bringing more toys to play with until they drew their weapons. She then screeched in anger and attacked them. She was incredibly strong, and both men were injured in the fight, until Morcaine took up Sir Able's sword and snuck up behind her mother, stabbing her in the back and then cutting off her head. The call became silent, and Morcaine was free. She took the knight and the professor back to Grayce where they were tended to until they recovered.

When that time came, Professor Lorrimor left for his home in Ravengro, while Sir Able was about to set out for Vigil in Lastwall. Morcaine asked the knight if she could go with him. She said that this little adventure had showed her something. She was safe from the predations of her mother, but she knew that there were other evils in Ustalav that caused just as much, if not more harm, and she wanted to learn how to root them out and destroy them so the innocent would be protected. Sir Able agreed, and upon arriving in Vigil, Morcaine underwent training at the war colleges of the Crusaders. She dedicated herself wholeheartedly to learning anything she could about how to hunt down and destroy evil, eventually squiring under Sir Able and keeping a regular correspondence with Professor Lorrimor. She was never as proud as the day Sir Able himself knighted her and welcomed her into the Knights of Ozem as a sister-in-arms. A few days later, she recieved a letter from Ravengro informing her that her dear friend, Professor Lorrimor, had passed away, inviting her to the funeral and notifying her that she was a beneficiary in his will.

Now a knight herself, she buckled on her armor and set out for her homeland.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2011-05-18 at 01:17 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Name: Thomas Panovich
    Race: Satyr (with cold template)

Your art is impressive! If you're looking for something a little different than the humanoid characters, my favorite character is Thomas Panovich. He's a satyr warblade with six horns and snow white hair who wields a scythe and wears little more than a chain shirt. He appeared in my webcomic, and I would love to see what he would look like rendered by an actual artist. This is the comic in which he appears most prominently.
    Last edited by DiscoBear; 2011-05-17 at 04:22 PM.
    The Word Weary is comic I do that people should read.

10. - Top - End - #40

Holy crap, art! Can't... Not... Request...

Raenir K. Artemi:

Physical Description:

Male, half-angel.
    Six feet and two inches tall.
    Caucasian, maybe with a very light tan.
    He's built wide. Not heroic build wide or anything, but he's definitely not a skinnyboy.
    Long, thick brown hair, down to his knees, almost always pulled back with a blue strap of cloth in a low-hanging ponytail, shorter bangs falling into his face most of the time.
    Strong enough that you can tell that he has muscle if he's not wearing loose clothes, though that isn't often.
    He's got squarish facial features, a straight nose, if a little big, and a wide mouth, often smiling. His eyes are normally a deep green. This color, about.
    Spoiler
    Show
    His facial structure is probably something like this, without the beard, and the eyes up a little higher.

Oh, and he has wings. Big, white, with layered feathers. They go up from his back to just above his head, and joint down to about his knees. When they're spread out all the way, they have a wingspan of about thirteen feet.

Clothes/Equipment:

He wears loose black jeans with a belt and a teal T-shirt, as well as black and white tennis-shoes.
    Above this all, he wears a... Well, it's probably best described as a trenchjacket. It's a denim jacket, with wide sleeves, the jacket itself extending down to just above his feet. The jacket has pockets on the outside above the waist as most jackets do, a short collar, and defined seems along the sleeves and... Well, everywhere seems would normally be on a jacket.
    Besides his clothes, his only real equipment is the Blue Lantern ring he wears on his left hand, ring finger.

Pose:

Something more simple would probably work best. I'd like him turned slightly, his left side facing the "camera," a slight blue glow coming off of his ring.His wings arched up a little, readjusting themselves, as he looks off into the distance right of the "camera," smiling. Of course, if you, as the artist, can think of something better, go ahead.

Background:

He's standing in the grass in front of a very large lake, around noon, so the sun is high and the sky is clear. The lake has an island in the middle, with a beach front near the lake and a forest pretty much everywhere else.

Personality, if it helps:

Rae is an avatar of hope. Literally, due to being a Blue Lantern. No matter what he does, no matter how stupid, or dangerous, or even boring it is, there is hope shining in the background. He's almost constantly happy, and ready to lend a helping hand, or encouraging word, to whoever needs it. He did some pretty bad things in the past, and he's regretful about them, but he's moving on. He, now, literally radiates hope and calm, and he wants to do good, above nearly all else.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-05-17 at 04:53 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, Conaniscool, you kind of opened yourself up to this, offering to do art and all that. There's 39 requests here! o.O

I'm just glad I sort of managed to get in at number 13
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-05-17 at 04:32 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #42

So nice art. And the chance to get a picture of a char in this style. can't resist.

Eon

Eon is a human male fighter.

He is 6 feet 7 inch high. He has schort spiky dark brown hair and blue eyes. His face seem to be the one of a wise man who is tired about fights, but thats only when he isn't fighting. He is very muscular and wears a Full Plate as his armor. He wears cloth pants and leather boots. The cape just covers over his left houlder and hides a longsword hanging at his belt. On his back he carrys an medium steel shield.

The weapon he holds in his hand is an Earthbreaker ( the one top left).

Most important is a mug of beer hanging on his belt, too. Full or not isn't important but would be a nice gag.

As a pose I would like to see him in a room fighting style. Around him should fly red dust which seem to was an vampire spawn or maybe isn't noticeable anymore. He should look angry
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you perhaps draw a non-OOTSified version of the character below? He is a hornhead saurial soulknife, wearing breastplate armor. He has three claw-shaped scars on his frill. Your artwork is really amazing.

Last edited by LOTRfan; 2011-05-17 at 04:46 PM.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess I have to add a request now. I am sorry about this, as I know you will now be swamped with massive amounts of the same.

Alec Danue

Physical Descriptors:
    - 6'1 height
    - Lanky but well defined muscle frame
    - Caucasian, with tanned and chapped skin
    - Dark brown, shoulder length hair
    - Grey eyes
    - Scar running down left cheek

Clothes/Equipment:
    - Worn, tan tunic
    - Brown belt with golden buckle
    - Black cotton pants, flared at the ankle
    - Tattered grey cloak with hood (not currently wearing hood, though)
    - Sapphire amulet, golden setting/chain
    - Ornate spiked gauntlet (think Prince of Persia style) on right arm
    - Black combat boots

Miscellaneous Information:
    - Adjectives to describe him: determined, powerful, serious, young, ragged
    - Looks most like: a younger version of Ciarán Hinds
    - I would like to see him standing, if at all possible on a sand dune.

Biography:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alec Danue was born into poverty. Scratching out a living on the streets of Solstice (a Lawful Anal theocratic city state), the only person with whom he had any real relationship was his aging mother, a seamstress. He eventually turned to pickpocketing, and one day accidentally angered a nobleman. He was exiled, and learned the ways of adventurers. Traveling to the great Crystal Deserts to the west, he uncovers an ancient vault. He triggers a magical trap, which in knocks him unconscious and leaves him with some powerful questions about divinity.

This is not a player. This is my BBEG, in his early adventuring days, before he became Cho'Sul, the lich, and overthrew an entire pantheon. At this point in his life, he has yet to turn down the path of corruption that awaits him. He is dominated by his determination and his thirst for more knowledge, but is still moved by emotion, and the plight of the common man. I am currently writing a series of journals from his point of view (in this time period) that my players will eventually get and hopefully decipher, so this will add a lot of background flavor and even yield some useful information.

Thank you so much for your consideration!
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-05-23 at 10:17 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, with free services, lots of people are going to swarm you. I hope the requests will slow down for your sake, because else it'll be hard to get it all done. I have to say though, these are great works of art here, and with the ones you posted I can see a bit of an style shift between them (and of course the second one being done in a different manner from the rest, at least appearing so).

At any rate, since you also said you don't mind lots of people posting because you get to hear about other people's characters, I'll pitch in about Vinson "Toto" Artimison, the Pestilence of the Seven Skies.

While not a PC (not yet at least, I'm always DMing, but he's been a prominent NPC in multiple campaigns and will be in the future), he's been memorable for his appearance alone. I based his race off the moogles from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, but due to how he is, he has large differences, which prolly would make him an artistic challenge.

Spoiler
    Show

However, Toto was a druid/necromancer combo with a love for altering his physique since he was a young lad, enhancing it with monster parts. As such, his right ear has been replaced with the ear of a blue dragon, his left eye with that of a demon and his left arm with the tentacle of an aberration from beyond time and space. His right eye has also been replaced with a different kind of fiend's eye, each eye granting different sight- and gaze-based abilities. Some of his teeth have been forcibly removed and replaced with vampire canine teeth. Both legs have been replaced with insectoid ones that allow him to leap very high and scale walls with ease, his wings have also been replaced with larger ones that are between feathery and bat-like -- as if half the feathers have fallen out due to disease, while the remaining feathers have hardened and become steel-like. On top of his head, his left cheek and right arm there are yellowish spots where the fur has gone away, a sign of some strange disease he carries due to his "enhancing" of himself with monster bodyparts.

Toto prefers to wear a mixture of robes in shades of crimson and gray, finished with fine silver and black stitching. His right hand bears a thin silver ring beset with an amethyst and an emerald in a crooked, angular, yin-yang like unity. He doesn't have a pom-pom on top of his head (the red ball thingy).

If you want to include his familiar/animal companion, that'd be a boar he may use as a mount (Toto's only 3.5 foot tall, 4.5 if including his bunny-ear, 4 if including his dragon-ear). It appears as somewhere between an angelic boar and a fiendish boar (supposed to come from one of the Lawful planes).

If you decide to take this on, feel free to take some artistic liberties, as most artists do anyway.

Good luck and have fun drawing!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-05-17 at 06:39 PM.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow, your work is straight-up gorgeous. Can't pass this up.

Sephus Vayne:

Human, pale skin (not chalk white, just an exceptionally light Caucasian), silvery white hair that goes past his ears, blank, pupil-less eyes, around five and a half feet tall.

His facial expression should be that of a good and kind, but also bitter, regretful and world-weary soul. No facial hair of any kind. Except, you know, eyebrows of course.

Sephus wears black, spiked armor with a white, stylized "V" symbol on his chest. The V should have a pointed bottom, and a curly, cursive-y top. Along the sides of the V are a pair of "wings" which look like they could be wings, but also long, pointed teeth. Does that make sense?

Additionally, he has a pair of angel wings made of bluish ice, and his left ring finer is also ice.

As for a celebrity he resembles... a young Tom Cruise, perhaps?

Some sort of misty, cold effect would look nice as well.

If you choose to pick this project up, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Mr. Z
    Avatars by Ceika and Ranger Mattos
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    There is a sad and surprising lack of songs about vomiting. This should be corrected.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooo i likey
    Temassasin: halfling necromancer who looks like Belkar in a dark hooded cloak and wands instead of daggers, preferably with dark energy crackling around and LOTS of corpses
    Last edited by Temassasin; 2011-05-17 at 08:54 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Threeshades
    look for my community dungeon building thread http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post10591561
    At least with Chaos you know where you stand which is everywhere and anywhere" Forum Explorer

"Why are you upside down?"-Ender

"who wouldn't like Belkar carrying around a head 10/10"-wxdruid

"Destruction always comes before creation. And for that goal even my conscience must be cast aside"-Lelouch Vi Britania

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Well, Conaniscool, you kind of opened yourself up to this, offering to do art and all that. There's 39 requests here! o.O

I'm just glad I sort of managed to get in at number 13
    I would be glad that I actually managed to get in at second request but he said that he's going to do the ones that catch his fancy after the first one.

I just hope I catch his fancy becaus the artwork is just gorgeous. *droool* and i would absolutely love to have this done for my character.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Even if this is not done for my character, I would definitely like to admire more artwork! Definitely inspiring for new characters, as well.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Even if this is not done for my character, I would definitely like to admire more artwork! Definitely inspiring for new characters, as well.
    Me too!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Thirded .

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

you never know :-P
    Char name: Roton
    Height: 5'2"
    hair color: blond
    Eye color: blue
    Brief history: 50,000 years ago there was a muti planetary war with the two different tiers of gods. Roton has never been to war but wanted to go and help fight for the 1st tier's cause. (his family worships the first tier) Once he became of age (17) he was sent to the front lines. It wasn't long until the final epic battle. during the battle one of the apposing sides (mumit another charater) threw his sword into roton's left lung. Roton was going to die but ,luckily, one of the gods placed everyone involved in that battle into a "crystallized mana tomb" which seals your magic, strength, and memory. 50,000 years later a small tribe on the planet finds him and slowly remove the mana tomb. 20 years later, He has not regained much of his sealed memory but he has remember his teachings on life. Is currently the teacher of the next generation that he has litterly seen them all born,crawl,walk,run. He was born into a war then has been reborn in a peaceful self sufficient tribe who doesn't even know about the 2 tiers of gods.

important part looks!:
    Short on the top much longer on the back (a lot like full metal alchemist edward hair style. actually the same)
    current cloths is a shirt which has popped collars,short sleeves, white, and is cut down the middle to have more pockets (a lot like pockets inside of a jacket) is covered by a cloth piece.
    Pants are generic brown pants nothing to special. kept on due to rope.
    He wears a cloth that goes around his popped collars and then drops down all the way to his knees. I don't know what it is called but it starts around the neck where the collar is and then drops to the knees. color orange and yellow (colors of the old gods he fought for he likes them for w/e reason)
    Spoiler
    Show

When drawing his face think more cartoon indian style.
    Spoiler
    Show
    a little more brown and a "heart" shaped head. pointed chin etc.

Weapons: used Duel swords. right handed one curved and looks like it's ment more for parrying than actual damage. A lot like this blade but more curved and not as many holes. more only 1 or 2ish.
    Spoiler
    Show

offhand is normal shortblade nothing fancy purpose is for stabbing (mumit's sword it was in my lung when I recovered from the "crystallized mana tomb" it's in the most basic form and hasn't "evolved" in the slightest.)

Gear: usually takes much more than needs to, has a "batman" belt, along with a "batman" sash, with even a "batman" undershirt which can be accessed though his rob (the cloth piece that hangs from his neck helps hide it)

also thank you for your time. this really helps me if you can do this and i hope it helps you!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground

Here's a preview of Iceforge's character, Carrick:

(Haven't drawn the staff yet, and some of the finer details...)

Also, are elven thinblades curved or straight?
    Last edited by conaniscool; 2011-05-18 at 12:41 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

They are straight, described in the sourcebook as "rapier-like".
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-05-18 at 12:46 AM.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Impressive! I really like the way you designed his breastplate - I have a lot of trouble designing those for some reason

26. - Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground

Dsmiles's character, Murbella. WIP.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn, That's some impressive stuff right there! Her eyes really catch you - You know she's looking at you because you can't look away from her eyes!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
    Post a description of your character (including notable gear, demeanor, maybe an actor/actress that resembles them) and I will draw them. Bye.

Oh, the reason I'm doing this is to build up my portfolio.
    heres one, i'd like to see if your still up for doing ones. your work is very good!

Name: Inriiaynrae Jaelre - usually goes by Inriia
    Race: drow (dark elf)
    Class: rogue; sorceress; dragon disciple
    Alignment: CN
    Description- a young simple rugged beauty, athletic/slender frame; not curvy;
    Height: 5' 5"
    Weight: 100 lb?
    Skin: Ebony; flawless (except a hidden scar on her chest)
    Eyes: Crimson
    Hair: Knee length wavy bluish silver
    Dress: long jet black spidersilk shirt with long loose sleeves; jet black form fit pants; black soft leather knee high buckled boots; jet black piwafwi (cloak); long fingerless black leather buckled glove/bracers; a mithril ring and metallic green ring; small silver hoop earring; black leather belt with a ruby in the clasp; scabbard with adamantine longsword; spell component pouch;
    Familiar: emerald scaled, violet eyed iguana like lizard
    Last edited by Zarae; 2011-05-18 at 02:17 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Damn, nice work! And so fast, that's inhuman.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    Impressive! I really like the way you designed his breastplate - I have a lot of trouble designing those for some reason
    Same here, the breastplate looks really elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld Odd View Post
    Damn, nice work! And so fast, that's inhuman.
    Don't you know? The better an artist is, the more they become like superheroes.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries