New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: I will draw your D&d character.

Agreed. The lighting is just gorgeous. Beautiful piece.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

A little too awesome. Now I'm going to be really sad if I don't see any of my characters.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
    Okay, done with Murbella.... for now. Lemme kno what you think.

Spoiler
    Show
    I find that the changes you made to her eyes make them stand out better and look more expressive. The purple lighting looked odd to me at first on the blades, but then I noticed it also around other areas lining her body, so you did a pretty good job with that. The clothes flow naturally as well.

I must say I like how her hair turned out, though I find it hard to believe sometimes that hair flows naturally in such pictures, but then you just assume there is a wind and you go like "ahhh, that's why". Bonus points because the hair and clothes go in the same direction, I've seen artists make mistakes in that area where the only possible reasoning for a character looking like they do is that they are in zero gravity.

I hope I don't sound too ranty or like an art critic or so here, you've done really well. Keep it up!
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2011-05-20 at 06:45 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

O.O
    I like it.
    And, just before the list gets too long:

Miowan, Elf Ranger/Ninja:
    A bit above avarage height, Miowan cuts a forbidding figure in her black silk shirt/pants with a longsleeved jerkin underneath, the face obscured by the hood and mask(Chinese Dragon Mask.). At her side are the Katana and Wakazashi she has, 'Quicksilver' and 'Guardian', both silver edged with dragon's winding their way up the hilt. The cloak sits over the top. The long sleeves come up to a ring on her middle finger, connected to it.(Not sure if you've seen the style before, usually it's gloves though. I'm sure I can find a picture if you need it.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Banned

I think it's just lovely. I would say more but everything out of my mouth sounds like art criticism, which I don't feel comfortable giving. Keep up the good work!

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

Wonderful work!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

these are some amazing pieces! excited to see more : )

here's my favourite character in case you feel call to interpret him:
    Wurmspawn

Notable features:
    His left arm is bound in leather straps, and ends in a massive claw. The straps are a mostly symbolic restraint of the black demon centipedes which make up his arm. He made a deal with a Demon for power, and then overthrew him. The wurms are remnants of that power that gnaw away at him when he has to call upon their shape-shifting forms. Kinda like how Vemon made his body do stuff.

Helmet/mask. He is hated for his past working with the demons, and lives in guilt of the decisions which lead him there. He kept the helmet as a trophy, it has 6 horns, two of which are those spiral ram horns, and the faceplate is a mask with a huge grin of teeth. He looks badass, but he spends his life in penance wandering the land trying to save towns from demons and injustice.

Looks kinda like Keith Hamilton Cobb the dreadlock warrior guy from the Andromeda sci-fi. His general look is often that of regret.
    Last edited by 1nfinite zer0; 2011-05-21 at 10:02 AM. Reason: back-linked to copyright source 2003-2011

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jallorn View Post
    Alright, I'm in. I've got two characters, and you can do whichever you'd prefer, or both. First up is my character from the best game I'm in right now, Antal Nirum, a Halfling Factotum. His sheet is here, but I'm also going to provide a condensed version of the important info:

Spoiler
    Show
    General Description: Small in stature like any halfling, Antal has the usual curly brown hair, but isn't nearly as pudgy as many halflings. In fact, he's quite agile and in excellent shape, he's even stronger than a fair amount of humans.
    Visible clothes/equipment: He wears baggy clothes, the better to hide something he's swiped, and they are dimly colorful (if that makes sense). His chain shirt could very well be visible though he wears it under most of his clothes. He also has on him a short sword, a kukri, and a smallish sack, which he keeps tied to his waist.
    Hey, that's a coincidence, I was just going to ask for a picture of my character that I play in the same game....

So, conaniscool, if you have the time and the inclination, could you drive my paladin as well? Sheet is here

And physical description (which is what I suppose you need the most):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audric is a tall and big man, standing proud at about 6 feet. His gray eyes are bright, and often sparkle with amusement. His features are open and honest, hinting at a good-natured man. His hair is black, straight and cut short-ish, with a couple of rebel locks on his forehead. He is clad in armor and has a longsword at his side and a backpack on his shoulder.
    He is a paladin of a sun god, so he would wear a silver holy smbol in the shape of a sun around his neck. Plus, he is the kind of person that prefer solving troubles by talking, so no overly martial stance .

Thank you very much in advance!

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

@Conaniscool For the sun, the symbol of Pelor is great (the one provided by the others). Initially, I didn't really have a specific image in mind, though so it's open to your interpretation.
    Bienvenue Au Kébec !!!
    Improve Kébec's Industry!
    Improve Kébec's Transport!
    Improve Kébec's Security!

My Trophies!

Spoiler
    Show

Also, if anyone has any sort of problem at all that they feel like talking about, my PM box is open.

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberries View Post
    Hey, that's a coincidence, I was just going to ask for a picture of my character that I play in the same game....

So, conaniscool, if you have the time and the inclination, could you drive my paladin as well? Sheet is here

And physical description (which is what I suppose you need the most):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Audric is a tall and big man, standing proud at about 6 feet. His gray eyes are bright, and often sparkle with amusement. His features are open and honest, hinting at a good-natured man. His hair is black, straight and cut short-ish, with a couple of rebel locks on his forehead. He is clad in armor and has a longsword at his side and a backpack on his shoulder.
    He is a paladin of a sun god, so he would wear a silver holy smbol in the shape of a sun around his neck. Plus, he is the kind of person that prefer solving troubles by talking, so no overly martial stance .

Thank you very much in advance!
    Can I draw your characters holding hands?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Wouldn't happen. A good one might be my character doing something while Strawberries's character looks stunned/tries to stop him.
    Last edited by Jallorn; 2011-05-20 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Wouldn't happen. A good one might be my character doing something while Strawberries's character looks stunned/tries to stop him.
    Doing what? Trying to hold his hand?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Doing what? Trying to hold his hand?
    No, something reckless. Maybe about to jump off a ledge with a rope tied to his waist or something like that.
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Naaah, I agree it wouldn't happen.

A good one might be my character doing something while Strawberries's character looks stunned/tries to stop him.
    This, on the other hand, would be a good summary of their interactions. .
    Or my character scolding his, but looking like he is trying very hard to keep a stern expression while he'd very much like to throw up his hands in defeat and walk away, and Jallorn's character looking totally unconcerned.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Or my character scolding his, but looking like he is trying very hard to keep a stern expression while he'd very much like to throw up his hands in defeat and walk away, and Jallorn's character looking totally unconcerned.
    This. Oh so very much this.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, since you're awesome and Strawberries and Jallorn are already here from the game I'm in, too, I'll just jump on the bandwagon with a request:

Rana is a tiny (4'7") half-elf druid. She is quite beautiful, although her features betray her mixed parentage. The huge green eyes, golden hair, and pointed ears of her elven father is mixed with the wider face (although still slim) and high cheekbones of her human mother. She'd be wearing earth colors (and leather armor and a scimitar if in combat gear). Her animal companion is Shadow, an absolutely enormous jet-black wolf (3' at the shoulder, 6'6" from nose tip to tail tip).

I'd love pretty much anything with Rana and Shadow together. Three options I thought of would be hunting, sleeping curled up together, or if you're really ambitious, Rana halfway through wild shaping into a wolf with Shadow at her side, both snarling at whatever they're about to attack (this, of course, assumes that she will survive to next level when she'd get wild shape ), but I'm happy with anything that works for you. If you're really wanting to do characters holding hands, Rana and Audric (Strawberries' character) would be a possibility (with Shadow behind Rana giving Audric a jealous look), although I'd kinda prefer her alone. I'm sure that whatever you end up deciding to do will look awesome, though, so I'm not too worried about pose Thanks in advance!
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

17. - Top - End - #137

I'm lookin' to do a fight scene of some sort. Is there a notable encounter from your group's sessions?

18. - Top - End - #138
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Heh, most of our notable encounters involve us running away at some point... (The DM's evil and we have a bad habit of splitting up, okay? )

Tell you what, let me go mention this in the OOC thread and see if we can't the last player and the DM involved. I'm sure we can come up with some sort of encounter, even if it's more 'what will happen when we finally track that &#^@ witch down' than what has actually happened
    Last edited by Savannah; 2011-05-21 at 01:34 AM.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

...I wouldn't mind my character, Harnel, from the first page, to be drawn in a fight scene. he was recently in combat with a lich, in fact. Yes, I know I sound pathetic. I've just never had the chance to get a character drawn like this. I mean, come on! look at the man's art!
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-05-21 at 01:34 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Bloody hell, it's a convention.

Hey, I'm their evil DM . I love the comment about the $%^& witch. Always good to know your villains are succeeding.

They (the PC's) are chasing a sorceress who has proven herself willing to drink the blood of innocent sorcerers (in theory, to steal their power), turn a girl into a part-undead for the sake of her sick experiments, kill a friend and deflesh her bones just because she was asking too many questions, and create jar after jar of what could be considered the arcane equivalent of radiobarite-out of brains, no less. Now, due to various little shenanigans, they haven't fought that sorceress together yet. But I can bend it for the drawing.

The player who hasn't shown up yet is Nanoblack, his character, Llaars Hayden looks somewhat like this (don't shoot me, it's all cribbed almost verbatim from his sheet!):
    Spoiler
    Show

Llaars is tall, 5'11", with brown hair and green eyes. He is gruff and unshaven with a powerful build. He has dozens of scars along his arms and more than a few on his face. He also has a tattoo of the sun on each shoulder. He wears studded leather that's quite badly worn, and carries a well made longsword on his back-but he doesn't fight with it. He fights with his fists not any fancy anything.

Given their relative Strength scores (16 vs 12), Llaars is probably a good deal more bulky than Audric.

Now, the sorceress (minor spoilers ahead):
    Spoiler
    Show

Iil'ssaran, as she calls herself, has spent the last year warping Irena Wainwright's body to match the way hers was in her prime: tall and regal, with high cheekbones, full lips, and thin eyebrows. Her hair is gently wavy, almost a midpoint between dark brown and auburn. The strains of magic means she looks older than she is-by the time this happens, there would be streaks of white hair at her temples and she'd have little crow's feet around her eyes and those lines down from the corners of her nose to the corners of her mouth.

She'd wear a mage's robe in shades of dark blue, and her magic is blue as well. If you can make her magic look greasy, that's even better: I've been consistently describing her magic as blue and greasy, to the point that it's become her trademark. Because I'd imagine that she is casting when you draw her, her eyes would be glowing blue, and you wouldn't be able to see her eyes behind the glow at all.

She's a necromancer, so an imperial-looking staff with a bone motif would be appropriate, and she'd be casting prismatic spray. The staff she's looking for is basically just a straight golden rod with a crystal orb on one end and a skeletal hand wrapped around the orb. The skeletal hand is hers, so if you could get it as close to the size of her hand as possible, that'd be great. And due to various backstory shenanigans, a cobwebby silver coronet like the one below except all the way around her head would be very highly appropriate.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Coronet (it's technically a tiara, but whatever)

Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-05-21 at 01:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post
    Bloody hell, it's a convention.

Well, if conaniscool is willing to do a fight scene with the $%^& witch, I revoke my request to have Audric in a not overly martial stance. If someone deserves a smite right to the face, it's her.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Not everyone agrees with that...
    Free action: draw weapon
    Move action: move forward 20 ft
    Standard action: Smite arcane [roll0] 17] [roll1] [1d8+3] [4]
    ((EDIT: Worst. Smite. Ever. ))
    But as a bystander, I'd have to agree. A crazy cannibal sorceress definitely needs a smite. In the face.
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2011-05-21 at 02:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm lookin' to do a fight scene of some sort. Is there a notable encounter from your group's sessions?
    Jumping in (bwahaha), I have a pretty cool moment (everyone does...) involving an Enlarged Raging Heroismed minotaur chopping a female dwarf knight in half vertically with his axe, while being climbed on by a fancy-pants elven rogue, surrounded by a tiefling swashbuckler and a blue, blonde gnome illusionist, with the minotaur's kobold minions looking on.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...That's
    ...simply
    NERDGASM!!
    ...oops
    ...Amazing!
    Did I get any of that on you? Sorry.

Seriously, that's...well...I really have no words for how awesome that is.
    Conaniscool, I will hunt you down and hug you (in a completely non-romantic, platonic, heterosexual kind of way, that is ).

EDIT: Conaniscool, do you have a Devian Tart page we can all gratuitously follow?
    Last edited by dsmiles; 2011-05-21 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground

I just so happen to be the last player from that game with the evil cannibal sorceress. My character, Llaars Hayden, is the bartender/bouncer/brawler of the group and often injures himself while attempting something heroic, just as often resulting in heavy scarring. The tattoos on his shoulders are of a japanese-style sun in black ink running halfway down his bicep. The picture on the character sheet is fairly accurate to what I have in my head, but if I had to think of a real life example of someone who matches his build IRL it would be Dave Batista.

His clothing is usually pretty typical of lower class except when he's expecting combat soon and dons his horribly worn studded leather vest and greaves. He carries a longsword on his back in memory of his father, but has never landed a strike with it in combat so he usually neglects drawing it.

His fighting style is fairly unique in that it's a mix of brute force and acrobatics. He can usually be seen leaping off cliffs and over his allies with his arm pulled back, ready to strike. Let me know if I'm lacking description for anything.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me, or is there a subtle "feathered wing" motif on the blade of the kukri in her left hand?
    Last edited by dsmiles; 2011-05-21 at 08:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ooh, definitely want to get in on this one.

My character...

Jubal Barca, Half-Elf wizard
    My character looks fairly like I do; about 5 foot six/seven, scruffy dark blond/mousey hair, heavy eyebrows and mottled green/brown/hazel eyes. Ears probably slightly tapered, lightly built but not wizened either. Standard dress as far as wizards are concerned, prefers dark green robes and a similarly coloured hat, and tend to have a belt hung with bags containing anything from fine sand to interesting skulls to funny-looking pebbles. He is totally absent-minded and something of a liability, but is often fiercely ready to help those he considers friends to the point of absolute stupidity.

He'd either be for a "relaxed" pose walking with his staff (about his height, probably oak). Or if you want a good fight scene, the time I grabbed a poleaxe that was lying around and took on a six foot seven flesh golem/ghoul type thing in a dungeon to try and help the Paladin it had just knocked flat unconscious at its feet would be a fun one to do. (I couldn't even wield the thing effectively - and yes, I got knocked flying. Totally worth it for the in character play though).

Incidentally, conan, do you prefer high fantasy only or would you be interested in gothic/clockpunk characters?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow. This thread and the artwork inside it are incredible!

My humble requests:

1) Séregon, Chaotic Good Male Cansin (chaotic planetouched, similar to aasimar and tieflings) Swashbuckler. If you do any of these characters, please do this one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    In appearance, Séregon most closely resembles a brown haired elf of medium height (approximately 5'6"). His skin, upon close examination, bares a slightly orange tint. His hair always rustles as if there is a slight breeze, even if the air is perfectly still. His hazel eyes, which reflect a spark of sunlight even when there is no sun, are constantly darting from subject to subject. His face almost constantly bears a slight smile.
    Séregon is clad mostly in green. He wears a small amount of leather armor. His dark brown boots go halfway up his shin, and his cloak is a vivid scarlet with a green embroidered hem. He carries a thin elven courtblade (a sort of long, two-handed rapier) with an emerald encrusted on the hilt. He has no sheath for this weapon, carrying it over his back when necessary (though he prefers to hold it in his hand).
    In personality, Séregon is likable, curious, determined, and abnormally intelligent. He acts calm, but is always nervous about sudden attacks from his many enemies who have the inexplicable tendency to show up at the most inconvenient of moments.
    Ability scores (if you want them for reference):
    Strength 13
    Dexterity 14
    Constitution 10
    Intelligence 18
    Wisdom 8
    Charisma 12

Pose: I'd like to see Séregon facing forward (maybe slightly angled to the side), with his usual slight smile on his face and his left hand grasping his emerald elven courtblade, which is pointed downward.

2) Timeless Arrow, Lawful Neutral Male Githzerai Ranger.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Timeless Arrow is a thin, gaunt, and green-skinned githzerai. He is short for his race, only about 5'8", but seems even shorter than that due to his almost uncanny ability to fade into the background. His eyes are a dull gray. He is bald and has no facial hair.
    Timeless Arrow is clothed in a gray-green, hooded cloak. He carries two bows, one beautiful, smooth, and black and the other rough and crudely made. He favors the latter due to a personal attachment to it, but carries the former across his back and uses it on occasion. Timeless Arrow wears a pair of gray gloves. His right hand is slightly bigger than his left, and seems to be oddly mishapen. The glove that covers this hand is a darker gray than the one covering his left.
    In personality, Timeless Arrow is shy, brooding, and contemplative. He has a tendency to take it upon himself to be the judge of who is the "right side" of certain conflicts. He is suspicious and rarely talks to people he does not know, and even then, he almost never uses a sentence when a word will do.
    Strength 12
    Dexterity 22
    Constitution 12
    Intelligence 12
    Wisdom 18
    Charisma 8

Pose: Whatever you want, really. He should probably have his bow drawn with an arrow nocked.

3) Tharkesh, Chaotic Neutral Male Half-Elf Sorcerer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tharkesh is tall, thin, and awkward in his movements. His face is sharp and angular, with a crooked nose and high cheekbones. His light brown hair is grown to shoulder length. His skin is pale and he has a scar going horizontally across his forehead.
    Tharkesh is dressed in a superfluous red outfit of the kind a noble usually sports. He clasps a jet-black wand in his bony fingers, and never lets go of it.
    In personality, Tharkesh has random mood swings from the grim, dark and emotionless to the cheerful and congenial. This makes him unpredictable and hard to relate to.
    Strength 8
    Dexterity 12
    Constitution 22
    Intelligence 14
    Wisdom 10
    Charisma 12

Pose: Anything you see fit.

Again, this thread is incredible and your art is excellent.
    Hi!
    --Timeless Error, Emerald Knight and Champion of Green in the Playground

A lot of clutter used to be here. Now it's here. Please click the link and read my extended signature!

Thanks to the amazing Aruius for my excellent Emerald Knight in Action avatar!

Legend, an awesome RPG. 1.0 now out!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

I had a pretty memorable fight scene once where my goliath "brother" uppercutted the BBEG necromancer into the air with his ax and I lept off his back with my albino minotaur (my minotaur was white with black markings and his goliath was black with white tattoos) and cut him in half with my fullblade as a finishing move. O_o

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

If it isn't too much of a problem, I would prefer Alec (my character from page 2) to be standing on top of a sand dune.

Thanks.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2011-05-21 at 06:35 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."