New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: I will draw your D&d character.

Post a description of your character (including notable gear, demeanor, maybe an actor/actress that resembles them) and I will draw them. Bye.
    I would love to have a character portrait done for my homebrew PrC. Can't for the life of me find a picture of a rogueish character dual-wielding weapons that glow blue.

General description:
    - roguish character, lean and in an agile pose
    - cocky / "I'm messing with you" expression
    - leather armor
    - dual-wields blades, preferably scimitars that glow blue (indigo)
    - hooded cloak
    - arcane runes always a plus

If you want a fight scene, here's one:
    Same character and his illusory double is fighting a muscled orc with a greataxe. The character's illusory duplicate is getting slashed by the orc and the axe cuts through the now-obvious illusion. Meanwhile, the character is about to strike the orc from behind.

Here are examples of a type of attire and "killing pose" for this, just as ideas if you want help brainstorming:
    Spoiler
    Show

Or

I'd be greatly honored if you draw this for me!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by conaniscool View Post
    I'm lookin' to do a fight scene of some sort. Is there a notable encounter from your group's sessions?
    Feel free to include my character in any fight scene

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Guys, I think s/he meant to ask Savannah, Strawberries and Jallorn, not just everyone, unless you are all in the same group.
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow, your artwork is awesome.
    If you can find the time:this young lady please
    Either in mermaid form or normal form, or both. You can choose
    As for her clothes, some kind of dress or robe is good. Something light though, preferably in blue of purple.
    Last edited by Eadin; 2011-05-22 at 05:55 AM.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Guys, I think s/he meant to ask Savannah, Strawberries and Jallorn, not just everyone, unless you are all in the same group.
    Well he didn't name drop so I'm assuming everyone (like me) thought he meant your group's as in all of our groups as a collective, not just theirs.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld Odd View Post
    Well he didn't name drop so I'm assuming everyone (like me) thought he meant your group's as in all of our groups as a collective, not just theirs.
    Pretty much.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoops.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I suppose it can't hurt to ask...

I once had a half-orc bard named Krutt. He's pretty tall, around 6'6". He wore a mithral chain shirt and used a heavy mace. He had light brown hair and was probably handsome, considering his charisma of 16. He also wore a signet ring for no particular reason and had a cape. He didn't have an instrument, and mostly sung.

Here are two avatars, if needed:

The first one by Mad Mask, the second by me.

If you get to it, thanks! If not, thanks anyway!
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

If I may add my characters to the list? They were my party's pirate crew at one time. I really liked the characters would love to see them in some kind of epic picture.

Captain Red Wing
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Captain is Fisharasel Myelit, a Raptoran (birdman) pirate. He wears light/loose clothing to not hinder his flight, and no large coat over this so that his wings are free. When cold, or just feeling epic, he wraps his wings around himself to cover his body. He wears no boots so his taloned feet are visible. He is slim and fit, using his wit and speed to best opponents. He leads through intelligence more than charisma, seeing combat more like a chess match, always wearing a confident face because he knows he is going to win, or so others think he knows he is going to win. He can wield many weapons, but his favorite are his rapier, cutlass, and daggers. He usually wielded a rapier in his right hand and a dagger in his left. While Raptorans tend to prefer shy over land, the captain has always wanted to see whats beyond the horizon. Finally, I can't decide what his feather color should be. Either red (hence the name), or some other color (black? white?). The name then comes from the color his wings turn in battle.

The First Mate
    Spoiler
    Show
    The first mate is a Spellscale. He is hummanoid with scales showing up lightly on his arms and legs, with short claws on both hands and feet. His face is decorated with short unkempt hait and small fangs. His cloths are light and he wields no weapons. He is a sorceror who focuses on the weather, wind and electricity spells. He is silent and intense, with what appears to be a thunderstorm always right behind his eyes. Not always angry, he does enjoy the freedom and thrill of flying through a thunderstorm. He rarely walks, prefering to fly under his own magic. His familiar is a talking parrot. While not as much expierianced as the captain, the spellscale did spend much time sailing while younger, always yearning to find the most powerful storm. His intense personality came from years of persecution of others. It seemed his presence caused the sea gods anger as storms always followed his path when he was younger. Because of this, he is proud of his dragon heritage to spite others, never trying to hide these features on his person.

The Drunk Monk
    Spoiler
    Show
    One crew member is a Hadozee drunken master, monk. The idea here is a monkey martial artist who enjoys his alchohol. He carries a quarterstaff, but can fight with anything he picks up. Like the usual drunken martial arts, he move and sways in strange and unpredictable ways. He wears loose and light clothes to be able to move around the ship without hindrence. He clambers on the ropes and mast most of the time, checking knots and looking for trouble. His personality is one of glee and merrriment, only serious when he must be. He is older and has traveled far and expierienced much. Because of this, most predicaments many deem scary, he considers fun.

The Sea Witch
    Spoiler
    Show
    The strangest crew member is the Gnome Witch (Druid). He is short, wears tattered clothes, and always carries a mischievious look. His territory is the sea, and all his powers are based off its power. As such, he wears an armor made from the skins of sea animals which always appears wet. His animal companion is a constrictor snake. His primary focus is shapechanging. He uses his diminuitive size to be under estimated, then turn into a giant sea creature, such as a giant squid, to surprise them. He got so good at shape changing that he could even have certain animal traits without becoming the full animal. His weapon of choice was the spear, but that was usually forgotten when the tentacles came out.

The Sword
    Spoiler
    Show
    The strongest crew member was an intelligent weapon with a dummy body. The player did this on purpose. I believe the race was a Goliath, who had massive strength, and four intelligence, just enough to be above animals. As such, the weapon easily controls the body. The weapon is a giant, two-handed meat cleaver, long enough to have reach. It is jagged and rough in order to intimidate opponents. The wielder was farily non-descript from my player, except he was right at the border between medium and large. He wore heavy armor, but I think he might look more epic and piratey with lighter armor. You can pick that. The duo boarded ships by jumping, landing with enough force to damage the deck at times. The sword never let its wielder put it down, but was not evil, it simply gave the goliath direction. Just for fun, one of the best moments this character had was walking into an anti-magic field...

The Sharp Shooter
    Spoiler
    Show
    This last character was good, but had the least chracter, which gave him charater... Figure that out. Simply, he was an archer who was accurate while shooting a ton of arrows. He was a merc who killed for money, not much beyond that. He wore leather armor, maybe a metal mreastplate, and a cloak with a hood that shodowed his face. It was the ranger/scout multiclass. The race was an elf with a silent and grim personality. While he didn't explicitly say it, the player always made him sound older. Definatly some lines on his face, from age and battle. Of course, he wielded mainly an enchanted composite long bow with a longsword for melee and a few smaller weapons for backup. He had no animal companion I believe.

The rest of the crew was followers. There were two of note, a fighter in heavy armor with a greatsword who led the NPCs in battle without the captain, and a rogue with daggers who covered some skills and acted as a scout. The rest were martial classes of various levels, no more than 3. A generic bunch of pirates. All the players were male, so the characters were too. (We have had issues with them playing females. It was bad...) I can only remember the captain's name unfortunatly. Thank you for offering this service! This is pretty awesome!
    Last edited by piemaester; 2011-05-23 at 12:05 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'd know if there were more players than the above and Nanoblack, being the Evil DM and all.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dakshaar View Post
    Firstly, I want to join in the praise for your fantastic artwork! You truly are gifted at your craft!!

If you ever have the time to get around to my character I would greatly appreciate it!

Name Kallion

Race Dragonwrought(green) Kobold

Class Sword Sage

Alignment Lawful Nuetral (with some slightly evil tendencies)

Kallion is an epic level sword sage that specializes in shadow hand maneuvers. His only weapon is a small dagger that he keeps hidden in his cloak. He doesn't wear any type of armor, just a hooded black cloak. His demeanor is cool and calm. He doesn't waste effort with flashy moves or showing off. He Instead stands idle(or hidden), calmly observing his foe until he's ready to strike.

Preferably, I would like to see this character simply standing with his hood up and hands closed beneath his chin. Also, i think it would look cool if you could create a swirl of darkness surrounding him to portray his knowledge in shadow hand maneuvers. I plan on making this character a prominent NPC in my next campaign.

Thanks in advance! (assuming you actually have time to do it amidst all the other requests.)
    So is this character naked besides the cloak?

12. - Top - End - #162

So is this character naked besides the cloak?
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention clothing and armor. He wears a mithril chain shirt with black pants and a black shirt. (He doesn't wear shoes)

13. - Top - End - #163

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention clothing and armor. He wears a mithril chain shirt with black pants and a black shirt. (He doesn't wear shoes)
    heheheh...

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

I get the strange feeling that conaniscool would probably draw your character just wearing the cloak...
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    I get the strange feeling that conaniscool would probably draw your character just wearing the cloak...
    Probably

But hey, he's such a great artist it would still look awesome!

16. - Top - End - #166

Update on Iceforge's character, Karrick (WIP):

Spoiler
    Show

Lord Loss's character, Selvian (WIP):
    Spoiler
    Show

Dakshaar's character, Kallion (WIP):
    Spoiler
    Show

Lemme know what you think.
    Last edited by conaniscool; 2011-05-23 at 09:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

None of these are mine, but I don't care because THEY'RE AWESOME!

Seriously, you do amazing work. I'm surprised you're not closing requests though. You've got quite a backlog of them now.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

18. - Top - End - #168

Spoiler
    Show

I am completely awed by the greatness of your work! I think he looks fantastic! I especially like how his face turned out. His expression is just perfect. I cannot thank you enough!

Your Awesome!

19. - Top - End - #169

Spoiler
    Show

I am completely awed by the greatness of your work! I think he looks fantastic! I especially like how his face turned out. His expression is just perfect. I cannot thank you enough!

Your Awesome!
    Glad u like it. It'll look better colored.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

They're gorgeous And, since I don't think anyone has asked this yet, what program/tools do you use?
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

I must say... that is incredible. This art is fantastic! I especially like the way you handled Karrick's face, the scars add quite a bit of detail.

I can only hope that my character has a chance of getting displayed in a similar fashion.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

22. - Top - End - #172

Pen and paper then colored on PS.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

While I still hope that my character might make the cut, I'm basically just following this thread because the art is so frickin' fantastic! I'm so jealous of your talent...

but yes, I must echo all the other posters in saying, "That's just beautiful!"
    "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." --Iroh
    LGBTAitP! If you want to talk, learn, or have some fun, stop by!
    Avatar by the lovely Lycunadari!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, wow. They look really nice, even the works in progress. Would love too see my guy drawn. :D

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post
    While I still hope that my character might make the cut, I'm basically just following this thread because the art is so frickin' fantastic! I'm so jealous of your talent...

Same here... The art awes me, it truly does.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Absol197 View Post

Thirded, even though I'm pretty sure neither of mine have made it. Oh well, still great art.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Update on Iceforge's character, Karrick (WIP):

(snip)

Lord Loss's character, Selvian (WIP):

(snip)

(snip)

Lemme know what you think.

They are absolutely beautiful. Especially the last one, that's my favourite.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld Odd View Post
    Thirded, even though I'm pretty sure neither of mine have made it. Oh well, still great art.
    ;)

Spoiler
    Show
    randomstufftofillquota

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Wow. What everyone else said. It's a pity that my nominations aren't getting drawn, but I barely care, since everyone else's are so amazing. Good show!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Tennant was an angsty war vet, whereas Smith is a lunatic in a fez.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Orc in the Playground

Chimera

;)

Spoiler
    Show
    randomstufftofillquota
    O_o. So confused, but I care not for the anticipation of more great arts. >.>

Edit: Confused no longer! That was like a word jumble, argh. x.x

Random stuff of ill quota... uhhh...hrm... *googles ill quota*... Nope... Oh wait there's a t in there. It all makes sense now! I'm an idiot. -.-. Lol.
    Last edited by Otherworld Odd; 2011-05-24 at 01:18 AM.