Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 236
  1. Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Xaxil approached the door with two hands on his sword...so he is not using his shield and hence has an AC of 17


    "Kelmvore's wrath upon you!"
    5 foot step into G6.(Free)
    Deific Vengence aimed at G8.(Standard)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged Touch[roll]d20+7+1[/roll]Damage(5d6)[19]

    If I can, I will draw my shield as my move action
    Clad In Metal

  2. Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    OOC...I tried adding the morale bonus into the equation so Ill try again including it into my normal attack adjustment. I know that Im not attacking again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+8)[27]
    Clad In Metal

  3. Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    As the grim beings showed themselves, Ralstons face became a harsh grimace as he stepped forward, into the middle of the road. He raised his shield and mace up high as he spoke a prayer to St.Cuthbert.

    "May the judgement of St.Cuthbert take you back from wence your foulness came!"

    Move and Destroy Undead!
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step to G5. Burn a turn undead attempt to use the lightbringer ability "Destroy Undead" Effects every undead within 30 ft. Dc18 Will save for half damage.

    (6d6)[23]

    (6d6)[30]

    (6d6)[17]

    And this one in case the ? is an undead.
    (6d6)[14]

    Also, if you only need one roll, disregard the others and use only the first one. I wasn't sure.

  4. Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    OOC...Casey is at work til 1030 or 11...and then we shall do this right.

    I do the 5 foot step I had talked about into G6(Free)
    Draw Shield(AC is now 19)(Move Action)
    Raise my sword into the air "Faith protect me!!!"and cast Shield of Faith(AC is now 21)(Standard)
    Clad In Metal

  5. Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Religion) Success] The walking dead coming toward you appear to be zombies. So far, you see nothing out of the ordinary about them.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Religion) Success] The walking dead coming toward you appear to be zombies. The black ichor dripping from their mouths has the look and smell of a vial necrotic contagion.

  6. Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho wasn't prepared for the sight before him. He was expecting townfolk who would gladly pour him a frothy mug of stout, not mindless shambling zombies!

    "Where's the beer!!!" he screams as he lets fly an arrow from his bow!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancho Peppers
    Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/33, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs charm/fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Shortsword +8 (1d6+2, 19-20 x2)
    Mwk Shortsword +8 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
    +1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)
    +1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

    Fires bow at G8 (if dead next closest target)
    Ranged Attack (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage (1d6+2)[6]
    moves to F4 after the shot
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-07-18 at 12:07 AM.

  7. Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Bob takes a 5-foot step to E6 and swings his maul at the zombie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[23]damage(d10+4)[6]

  8. Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    If that's enough to drop the zombie, Eldon will move and cast a spell.

  9. Top - End - #39
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon casts Flaming Sphere in H8. The zombie gets a reflex save DC 17, but it is at a -1 because undead are my favored magic foe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]2d6[roll]

  10. Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[11]

  11. Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Casting a glance at Eldon...
    "How you afford yourself an undead servant amazes me fellow Lightbringer...still you mustforgive me if I'll not permit him to cover my back just yet."After paying attention for a moment back to thebattle at hand, Xaxil turns back to the necromancer again...
    "And you say that in his previous incarnation this beast was an evil warmonger?"
    Clad In Metal

  12. Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Nice shot Mr. Peppers"
    Clad In Metal

  13. Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 2

    MAP (beginning of Round 2)
    Spoiler
    Show


    Eldon's flaming sphere swirls into existence where Z3 stands. As its flesh sears, it shambles away from the sphere, and towards Xaxil. Ancho's arrow pierces the chest of one of the zombies. The wound appears mostly superficial, but eventually a small amount of black ichor drizzles from the wound.

    The rest of the zombies plod forward, continuing to approach the party. Two of them lash out at Xaxil with their mangled hands, but their predictable attacks find only his shield. Another shambles past Bob, paying him no mind, and provoking an attack. Bob's attacks seem to have little effect. The walking corpse moves toward Ancho and flails his limbs, but is easily dodged.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge Religion]: As you look at the skeleton, you notice a few strange additions. Some joints appear to have metal parts, and many fake ligaments have been rigged with leather bindings. These are things made unnecessary by the dark magics that bind the creature's soul to its animated bones. The most telltale sign that this is no undead, or at least not a typical skeleton is the absence of black onyx in its eye sockets.

  14. Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    As one of the ragged corpses lashes out at Ancho, he evades the attack with a masterful back roll. He catches his balance in a kneeling position and another arrow flies from his bowstring with an audible *TWANG*!

    Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step to G3 and fire bow at zombie #1
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[4]


    "These monstrosities don't seem to threatening at the moment, but they will know my rage none the less!"
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-07-18 at 04:37 AM.

  15. Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round2

    After observing the battlefield change somewhat, Xaxil feels that he must move into a more tactical position. Glancing behind him...he sees the small Necromancer being threatened.

    (Free Action) 5 foot step into G6. (flanking the zombie as long as Eldon has a melee weapon drawn.)

    (Standard Action) Attack with Broadsword...
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack(d20+10)[13] if (flanking)(d20+12)[32]damage(d10+4)[12]
    Clad In Metal

  16. Top - End - #46
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    As Xaxil stepped into flanking position with the halfling Ralstons took himself into the fight, brandishing his mace forward, and slamming it down with fervor against Z3.

    "Disgusting creatures! These undead must be destroyed in the name of St.Cuthbert, and the Lightbringers!!!


    Move and Smite!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move five feet to H6 next to Xaxil and smite the injured Z3.

    (1d20+11)[21]
    (1d8+9)[17]

  17. Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 2

    Bob attacks Z1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[22](d10+4)[5]


    Eldon uses a move action to direct the sphere to F5 in attempt to incinerate Z1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[5]

  18. Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 3

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Eldon's flaming sphere strips what little flesh remained on the bones of the nearest zombie. It falls motionless to the ground, as bubbling hot black ichor forms a pool and begins to gel.

    As the remaining zombies bunch up, they bump and shove past each other trying to get closer to their living targets. One provokes an attack from Xaxil with his mindless and reckless movement. Their wild flailing is unable to penetrate the armor of the two holy warriors in the front.

    AOO from Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+12)[27] damage: (1d10+4)[5]

    One of the over-sized rats lunges at Bob and begins clawing at his leg bones. As intent as he seems at getting to the marrow, he seems unable to do so. Bob in entirely unphased.

  19. Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    "Will these abominations ever rest?! Where is their master so I can give him a piece of my cold steel!" Ancho curses to himself.

    Afraid to hit any of his companions, he slings his bow and readies his matte finishes swords. A flit of movement from the corner of his eye attracts his attention to the alleyway.

    "More of these bastards to the right gentlemen!! I'll hold the flank!"

    MOVE!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves to I5, slinging away his bow and drawing his swords.

  20. Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    As the undead shuffled forward, the monsters seeming large in number thus far he raised his shield and uttered a prayer to St.Cuthbert once more.

    "May judgement purify these wretches in our time of need!"

    Destroy Undead!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Burn a turn attempt to destroy undead. Turns: 7/9
    (6d6)[14]

  21. Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 3

    Eldon hollers "Bob, crush the rat in front of you before it gnaws your leg bone apart!" Bob attacks the rat in front of him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[26](d10+4)[7]
    Eldon directs his flaming sphere at Z2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[6]
    Eldon moves 5 feet to F4 and tries to get a good look at these zombies to determine whether they are the bodies of recently deceased townsfolk or half-rotted, exhumed and reanimated.
    Last edited by lorddumonde; 2011-07-18 at 09:57 PM.

  22. Top - End - #52
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    OOC: Oh ****, is that a crit on the rat?!

  23. Top - End - #53
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 3

    Xaxil swings mightily at Z2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+12)[22](d10+3)[12]

  24. Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 4

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston's burst of positive energy destroys another zombie in a burst of brilliant light. The rest are affected, but seem totally oblivious to the damage being done to their rotting bodies.

    Eldon's flaming sphere sears and twists the flesh of its target. The zombie just stands where it is, attempting to attack Xaxil, while its clothes are burned off of its body.

    As the rat gnaws at Bob's ankles, it its kicked off and tumbles back a few feet. As it begins to scurry back, Bob's maul crashes down on it, sending blood and internal organs shooting from multiple orifices. Its mottled, mangy hide is mashed into the already slick and filthy cobblestone.

    Xaxil swings his sword at the zombie flanked by Bob. His heavy blade slices effectively into the flesh of the walking corpse, hacking off another sizable piece.

    The zombies continue their mindless assault. They grope, flail and bite, but their efforts produce only the sound of flesh against metal. The remaining rat begins sniffing and biting at Ralston's boots. His spastic movements seem like those of a frenzied creature.

  25. Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 4

    Whispering a silent prayer, Xaxil hacks at Z2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+12)[28](d10+3)[8]

  26. Top - End - #56
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 4

    "Bob, get the other rat."Bob moves to F8 and swings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+8)[19](d10+4)[13]

    If Z2 is still standing, Eldon continues to burn him with the sphere. If he is no longer standing, Eldon moves the sphere onto Z5.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[2]

  27. Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 4

    Turning his attention to the zombies that surround him he strikes out with his mace, seeking to end the one that tries to get behind he and xaxils front line.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Z2
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d8+3)[10]

  28. Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 4

    While the melee surrounding the dubious adventures continues, Ancho's attention is drawn more to the end of the alleyway... he slowly sneaks to the end, hoping to surprise anything that might not already know he is there.

    Sneak and Move!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L5 sneakily, if any hostile movement is noticed will sneak attack!!
    Move Silently Check (1d20+11)[15]
    Sneak Attack! (1d20+8)[9]
    Damage! Weapon (1d6+2)[5]
    Sneak Attack Dmg: (3d6)[8] (N/A if undead)

  29. Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 5

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Xaxil lays his sword into the flaming zombie which collapses as the necrotic energy can no longer hold it together.

    Eldon's flaming sphere moves to the adjacent zombie which begins smoldering. The smell of burlap, leather and rotting flesh burning begins to permeate the air, overtaking the initial bouquet of smells present in Barovia.

    Bob obediantly moves to attack the rat. The zombies continue acting like he doesnt exist, but the rat takes notice, and turns to start gnawing on his shin bone. As it moves, it is met head on by the head of Bob's maul, and is knocked like a croquet ball between Xaxil's legs. After rolling a few feet, it lays motionless.

    Ancho disappears from sight as he heads deeper into the alley.

    Ancho
    Spoiler
    Show
    [spot] the decimated remains of several human corpses lie amongst the refuse piled up at the end of the alley.

  30. Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Seeing that Xaxil was having a much easier time of slashing the zombies apart he turned to the one that Bob threatened and struck out at it, knowing it would take the combined efforts of their blunt weapons to take the thing down.

    "What more must lay ahead of us eh? Let us hope there are some here who haven't been turned to evil."

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

    Attacking Z5
    (1d20+7)[23]
    (1d8+3)[4]


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •