Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho stumbles back out of the alleyway, the front of his tunic glistening wet. He falls to his knees and retches again upon the greasy cobblestones. The sight at the end of the alley was just too much for his stomach to handle.

    Wiping saliva and last night's rations from his chin, Ancho mutters, "Whoever caused so much malcontent to this simple burg will pay!"

    Move
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moves to G4 and falls prone due to nausea. Will skip next round's action to RP vomiting.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 5

    Xaxil swings his blade in a wide arc in an effort to free Z4 from its unholy caricature of life.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+10)[23](d10+3)[11]

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 5

    Bob swings at Z5.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[14](d10+4)[5]

    Eldon continues to burn Z5.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[8]

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 6

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Eldon's flaming sphere burns the zombie's flesh, further twisting its form. Xaxil hacks one of the arms off the zombie attacking him. Through the mist, the severed arm almost appears to twitch and squirm.

    Ignoring all damage and dismemberment, the zombies focus on their attempts to feast on the flesh of the living.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Grunting as he feels his mace knocked aside by the things spongy disgusting flesh he redirects his swing to come over is head in an arc, smashing at the zombie again, knowing that it's just a matter of time before these walking corpses are destroyed.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking Z5 once again, hopefully with better effect this time.

    (1d20+7)[12]
    (1d8+3)[6]

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 6

    Xaxil swings his sword again at Z4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+10)[15](d10+3)[11]

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 6

    Bob brings the full force of his hammer down upon the head of Z5.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[18](d10+4)[13]

    Eldon continues to burn the same zombie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[11]

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Unless, of course, that zombie drops. In which case, Eldon directs the sphere to roll onto Z4.

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The last 2 zombies fall, and the streets again grow eerily silent. Barnaby stops playing and pipes up.

    "Wait! Did you hear that?...Human voices...Listen!"

    You hear nothing so much as a breeze, until the silence is broken by loud crash and the sound of falling debris to the west. You then hear what sounds like a human voice shout something. After a few seconds, the streets fall silent again.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.

    Ralston
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Religion)] Though these creatures are clearly walking dead, they too lack the black onyx you are accustomed to seeing in the eye sockets of undead raised via the create undead spell. It also seems odd that they plod mindlessly like a typical zombie, but attack quicker and with slightly more competence.

    Ancho
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge (Local)] The black ichor dripping from the zombies' mouths and wounds reminds you of a journal you once read. A group of Ancient nobles known as the Knighs of the Raven tried to quell a zombie outbreak. It seemed that a bite from these zombies would infect the wound with a disease that later turns the victim into one of the same.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-21 at 04:21 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Seeing the enemies laying destroyed before him he shakes his head grimly. As Barnaby speaks he tilts his head a little, trying to hear what the small man might have, but unsure what those sounds truly were.

    "These undead do not seem to be the work of a necromancer...something evil stirs in these lands. We should work quickly to find any who haven't succumbed to it. I say we follow those noises, for good or ill."

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon immediately begins walking in the direction of the voices and subsequent crash. The halfling keeps his eyes peeled, his ears attuned and a spell on his lips. He gazes about eagerly searching for anything out of the ordinary. Not that this crawling mist or a zombie plague are ordinary. He looks more for things that seem out of place in a town of this size. Having an intimate knowledge of dark practices of the arcane kind, he is looking for the telltale signs of evil practice of the necromantic arts....and anything shiny. Bob plods along behind. Silent except for the slight clacking of his skeletal feet upon the cobblestones.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    The everpresent mists clear slightly, revealing a human body lying face down in the street amid the garbage. One of the buildings facing the street has its door smashed in.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil

    Xaxil runs to catch up with Eldon.
    "Hold-up good Master Thorngage. 'Tis better if I took the lead. I have the innate ability to detect if anymore foul undead are afoot."

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon slows his pace but cannot fully stop his curiosity driven feet from inching toward the face down body in the street.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Moving himself up the street as he sees Eldon begin forward, he turns and nods to Ancho.

    "Mr.Peppers, it seems we're moving along. Are you fit to travel onward? I notice that your lunch now joins the refuse among the cobblestones..."

    He took a few steps forward, making sure not to leave Ancho behind.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Once his innards have calmed a bit, Ancho slowly walks in the direction of the cacaphony. He whispers a quick word to his journey mates and sidled away into the darkness.

    Sneaking!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sneaking to L8
    Move Silently(1d20+11)[16]

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Surprise Round

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    A door swings open to the south of Eldon, and another human looking corpse shambles out. He is soon joined by more zombies who slowly emerge from the mist.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Surprise Round

    Eldon jumps back 5 feet to N8 and blasts Z4 with a Disrupt Undead.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ranged touch(d20+7)[24](1d6)[2]
    Bob swings at Z4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[15](d10+3)[9]

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Surprise Round

    Xaxil shouts "Your foul desecration ends here!" and charges to M8.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil...charging up to M8... braces his foot against the door to his right in order to slow any undead that may try to emerge from the room within.
    "Eldon! Slow your curiousity and step behind me! We'll form a line here!" (Glances at Bob) ...And have your minion stay put!" (Looking back at Ralston) "Seal off the space (O6) between Bob and that building!"

    OOC:
    Sorry for the bossy attitude gang...its just Xaxil

    Rob & Casey:
    My Shield of Faith lasts 6 minutes...so Im sure its still in effect from the begining of the first battle(AC 21)
    Attacking one handed +9/d10+2(before any party buffs)
    I like to fire my deific vengence for 5d6 from time to time(makes me feel good) in order to cut down an enemy from a distance...especially when they approach my comrades
    Clad In Metal

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 0

    Ralston grimaces at the small flood of undead that come out to threaten Eldon, and he speaks a few words of power and prayer, and as he moves forward to join the fray a great flood of silvery light floods the area, emanating from his body.

    Move to P6 (Pardon me Barnaby )

    Silvery Radiance provides light in 30 ft radius, dim light for another 30 ft beyond that.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 1

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    The zombies all shuffle forward mindlessly attacking the nearest living humanoid. Bob strikes one as it moves past him, doing minor damage to its fleshy body. As three zomblis flail their arms at Xaxil, one manages to gouge him with its finger nails. The wound burns as it is smeared with the foul black ichor.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 5 damage.
    [Fortitude Save Success]


    The corpse in the middle of the road begins to twitch and roll a bit. Suddenly it bursts open as 2 oversized larvae emerge from its innards.

    These are 4-foot long, dead-white segmented worms. Eyeless, drooling stinking ichor from their clacking mandibles, these monstrosities are maggots grown orders of magnitude too large. Luckily, no one has yet encountered the vermin capable of leaving behind such awful larvae.

    Before you can even begin to process what your eyes are seeing, your ears are acosted by the shrill shriek coming from above you.

    These creatures look like hideous, distorted human heads suspended from leathery wings. In place of hair, they are crowned with writhing tendrils, and their eyes burn with a menacing green flame.

    Ralston
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fortitude Save Success]

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fortitude Save Success]

    Ancho
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fortitude Save Success]

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Fortitude Save Failed] You are paralyzed with fear


    Eldon's eyes widen and he drops what he is holding. For the first time since you stepped off the wagon he stops talking and stands rigid.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-22 at 04:09 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Gripping his mace tight in his hand he took a step forward, closer to the middle of the fray. The light around him shimmers with its silvery radiance, as he raises his shield once again, the holy symbol of St-Cuthbert worked into it he bellows a prayer.

    "My lord St.Cuthbert, see what is right and just in this dark land and destroy these foul creatures!"


    Move and Destroy Undead!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to O7 and destroy undead. DC18 (6/9 Turns left)
    (6d6)[17]

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Having had time to size up the strength of the zombies...and seeing Eldon's frozen state...Xaxil turns his attention to the flying menace. For a moment he ignores the imminent zombie threat and extends his sword to the sky. Focusing his divine connection...he blast forward with Deific Vengence.

    Deific Vengence
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+7)[11] damage (5d6)[20]
    Clad In Metal

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    His ears still ringing from the piercing shriek just moments ago, Ancho finds himself face to face with a flying abomination! After shrugging off whatever fear was left in him from watching the gigantic larvae emerge from the corpse up ahead, He strikes out with vengeance at the bobbing head infront of him!

    Full Attack!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main hand: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

    Offhand: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Offhand Possible crit: (1d20+8)[27]
    Sneak Attack Damage (telling blow): (3d6)[10]

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 2

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston's prayer causes the zombies to briefly crackle with white light and their flesh cracks slightly.

    Xaxil casts his spell on the flying abomination but is struck as he lets his guard down. He maintains his focus and smites the creature as it turns it attention to Eldon. It goes motionless and falls to the ground. As soon as it hits the cobblestone, it spits apart, and Eldon snaps out of his state of fear.

    Ancho, acting quickly, skewers his target with one sword, while removing its wings with the other. Its eyes fade to black, and it ceases moving.

    The oversized maggots make their way toward the party. One goes straight for Xaxil and snaps at his leg with its mandibles. It seems unable to distinguish cured leather from actual vulnerable flesh. The other moves past Bob and toward Ralston. Bobs maul just misses the creature, but breaks up a large chunk of the road. In a stroke of luck, the larva finds a chink in Ralston's armor and pierces his leg, just missing his Achilles tendon. Ralston immediately drops his mace and goes rigid.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 damage.
    [Fortitude Success]


    Ralston
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 9 damage.
    [Fortitude Failed] You are paralyzed.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-22 at 06:01 PM.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 2
    (assuming I can go)

    Bob swings at maggot2
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[8](d10+3)[13]

    Eldon moves 20ft to Q6 and blasts zombies 1,3 and 4 with Lifebolts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Z1(d20+3)[20] (d12)[6]Z3(d20+3)[4](d12)[6]Z4(d20+3)[6](d12)[8]Eldon takes 3 non-lethal damage.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    As the disembodied head drops to the ground infront of him, Ancho sees that Ralston is unmoving and about to be swarmed by the undeath shuffling around him! Moving to Ralscot's side, Ancho brings his sword down upon the festering zombie with all his might!!

    Move and Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to P6 and Attack Z4
    Main Hand: (1d20+8)[17](25)
    Critical Confirm: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Telling Blow Dmg: (3d6)[2][6][3](11)

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 2

    Xaxil moves to N8 and attacks Z3
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+9)[19](d10+2)[11]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •