Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Male LG Lesser Assimar Paladin2/FavoredSoul4, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/48, Speed
    AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus 5
    MW Bastard Sword(2 Handed) +9 (d10+3, 19/20x2)
    MW Bastard Sword(1 Handed) +9 (d10+2, 19/20x2)
    (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 20
    Condition None

    I have changed My AC to 21 because Im now going to attack one handed and am using my shield (I know that I will have to use a move action on my next turn. HP have been updated from 2 hits totaling 15 damage)
    Clad In Metal

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Kris, you said in an earlier post that you were attacking one handed and that your AC was 21. So you already have your shield out. (I'm guessing.)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 3

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    The zombie hordes and maggots lash out at Xaxil and Ralston, but continue to smash into their steel armor.

    Eldon's ray hits one of the zombies, causing it to leak more of the black liquid.

    Bob's maul strikes the cobblestone again in an attempt to hit the squirming maggot.

    Ancho and Xaxil bring their slasing blades to bear against the weak unarmored flesh of the zombies, bringing them closer to the release of death.

    Ralston begins turning pale white, but manages to fight through the poison. A loud grunt signifies that he is back in this battle.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 3

    The color returning slowly to his face, he shook his head and felt his mace had slipped from his hand. With a quick survey of his surroundings he unleashed a bolt at the maggot, the silvery radiance around him dimming by about half.

    Light of Mercuria!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Expend a bolt to make a ranged touch attack against maggot2

    (1d20+5)[14]
    (2d6)[5]

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    His lithe blade finding rotting flesh, Ancho plants his feet infront of the decomposing amalgamation and begins his personal dissection of a human corpse!

    "If you shall not fall to one single blow, you will receive the full complement of my arsenal!!"

    Full Attack!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancho Peppers
    Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/33, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs Charm/Fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Shortsword +8 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
    Mwk Shortsword +8 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
    +1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)
    +1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

    If first attack takes down Z4, 5ft step into his square(O6) and use offhand attack at Maggot 2!

    Main Hand: (1d20+8)[17](25)
    Possible Crit: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[7]

    Off-Hand: (1d20+8)[2](10)
    Possible Crit: [roll]1d20+8[roll]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[3]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[14]

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 3

    Eldon moves to P7, drawing his dagger as he does so, and attacks Z4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+2)[4](d3-2)[-1]

    Bob continues trying to squish Maggot 2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[9](d10+3)[11]

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil
    Round 3

    Xaxil moves to N8 and attacks Z3.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+9)[17](d10+2)[8]

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 4

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    The repeated blows wear down the zombies attrition, and the one nearest Bob seems to be barely holding together. They continue their relentless attacks and one manages to sink its teeth into Xaxil's arm.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 7 Damage.
    [Fortitude Success]
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-26 at 03:33 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Feeling much himself again he disregards his mace for the time being. He can retrieve it later. Taking a step towards Xaxil he reaches out and puts his hand on the mans shoulder for only a second.

    Stand strong my friend! We will destroy these abominations and free this town from their evil taint!"

    Move and Heal!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take a Five foot step to N8. Sacrifice Resist Energy: Fire to cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Xaxil.

    (2d8+6)[20]

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho, blades covered in ichor, continues his furious attacks against the zombie ahead of him!

    Full Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancho Peppers
    Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 33/33, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2 (+3 vs Charm/Fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Shortsword +8 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
    Mwk Shortsword +8 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
    +1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +9 (1d6+2, 20 x3)
    +1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

    Will 5ft step into Z4's space if I drop him and attack the maggot with my second attack.

    Main Hand: (1d20+8)[7](15)
    Possible Crit: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[6]

    Off-Hand: (1d20+8)[19](27)
    Possible Crit: (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[17]

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 4

    Bob continues swinging at the M2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[21](d10+3)[10]

    Eldon slashes at Z4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+2)[8](d3-2)[0]

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 5

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston's spell fills Xaxil with positive energy and closes most of his wounds. As he focuses on the spell, he is almost hit with an airant attack from a zombie, but the monster's fist merely slams into Ralston's shield.

    Ancho and Xaxil continue to slash away the flesh of the undead, while the mindless zombies continue their ineffective attacks. Xaxil's blade fells another one of his attackers.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-27 at 02:18 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 5

    Bob swings at M2.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+7)[9](d10+3)[7]

    Eldon 5-foot steps back to Q8 and fires a Rainbow Beam at M2.
    Attack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+7)[15]

    Elemental Damage type.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First beam(d8)[4]
    Second beam(d8)[3]

    Damage.
    Spoiler
    Show
    First Beam(d12)[3]
    Second Beam(d12)[4]

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    If that hits M2's touch it is dazzled for 1 minute (if it is affected by a good dazzling) and the elemental damage from the beams are electricity and poison.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Looking down at the maggot that still threatens the party he expelled the rest of the silvery radiance that surrounded him, the light fluttering out into the beam and the radiance fading quickly until it dissipates.

    Light of Mercuria!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch on M2.
    (1d20+5)[22]
    [roll2d6[/roll]

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho noticed a slight opening as one of the large larvae slithers up to Eldon's foot. Taking the opportunity that had been given to him, Ancho launches his strikes into the worm's supple flesh!

    Full Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack on Mag2!! (EDIT: On Zombie in front of me if George killed the maggot; also forgot to add in flanking bonus on attack rolls.)

    Main Hand: (1d20+8)[14](22)
    Possible Crit: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: [roll]16d+2[/roll]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[11]

    Off-Hand: (1d20+8)[19](27)
    Possible Crit: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[11]
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-07-27 at 08:17 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Hand Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 6

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    The beams that spring from Eldon and Ralston's fingertips hit the maggot searing its flesh, while Bob's maul strikes the cobblestone again.

    Xaxil swings his sword, and once again lays into zombie flesh. His main target is all but cut to ribbons.

    The zombies and maggot attacking Xaxil and Ralston only find their wall of steel.

    Ancho, pinpointing a weakness in the maggots mid section, slices the creature in half with one smooth motion. His offhannd blade slashes into the zombie's mid section, opening a large gash.

    The zombie lunges at Ancho, and manages to bite his shoulder.

    Ancho
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 6 damage.
    [Fortitude Failure] The black ichor that coats the zombies teeth sink deep into your wound. Your arm begins to feel slightly numb, and you become dizzy. Dark lines begin to creep down your arm, appearing to following your arteries.

    You are Sickened: -2 penalty on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Cursing the evil gods, Ancho pushes the oozing corpse off of himself. A pang of disgust crosses his face, realizing that he had just been bitten by the undeath he had been sent here to destroy. The only course of action is to annihilate all of there kind from this sleepy berg!!

    "You obscene reverents will RUE the day you decied to impede the masterful Ancho Peppers!!"

    FULL ATTACK!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancho Peppers
    Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 27/33, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +0 (+1 vs. charm/fear), Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Shortsword +6 (1d6+0, 19-20 x2)
    Mwk Shortsword +6 (1d6-1, 19-20 x2)
    +1 Shortbow (38/40 Arrows) +7 (1d6-1, 20 x3)
    +1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14

    If first attack drops Z4, I'll move to K6 while avoiding all AoOs

    Main Hand: (1d20+6)[5](11)
    Damage: (1d6)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Crit: (1d20+6)[18]
    Telling Blow: [roll]3d6[roll]


    Off-Hand: (1d20+6)[14](20)
    Damage: (1d6-1)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Crit: (1d20+6)[8]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[12]

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 6

    Eldon slashes at Z4 with his dagger
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+2)[15](d3-2)[0]

    Bob starts swinging at Z1
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[18](d10+3)[7]

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 6

    Seeing the sickly undead creature tear into Anchos flesh he raised his shield and another pulse of power came from him to lash out at the surrounding undead.

    Destroy Undead!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Destroy Undead. 5/9 Turns left. DC 18
    (6d6)[20]

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The remaining undead crackle with white light, and collapse to the ground, leaving only a single maggot. It snaps at Xaxil a few more times with its paralytic bite, but the combined efforts of the party easily dispatch it before it can do any more harm.

    Once the sounds of battle die down, the sound of another battle to the west can be heard. It seems to be much closer than you initially suspected, in fact, if it werent for the mist and dusk, you are pretty sure you would be able to see it clearly.

    You have only been in Barovia for a little over a minute, but night seems to be falling with unnatural haste. A waxing crescent moon looms brightly overhead.

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Intelligence/Wisdom] Its odd that the corpse in the middle of the road was not animated as a zombie as most of the residents here seem to have been.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-29 at 06:40 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    The halfling sheathes his dagger and grasps his quarterstaff firmly as he moves closer to the body in an effort to better examine it. "Bob, roll the body over for me."

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon casts light on his quarterstaff.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Taking a deep breath Ralston stepped over to where he had dropped his mace and recovered it, hefting it once again. Looking down at the smashed guts of the maggot he shook his head, remembering the bite of the thing.

    He walked forward with Eldon to the body, and knelt next to it as he ordered Bob to move the thing. He perused the body and tried to see if he could find anything out of the ordinary on the body.

    "We need to make haste, I am intrigued by this poor soul, but the sounds of battle are close by. Perhaps someone else fights these undead the same as we do."

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    "You're right, Alston. I was just hoping to find some clue to the mystery of this town's affliction." The little necromancer looks the body over. "Maybe we could figure out why this person didn't succumb to the undead disease that their fellow townsfolk did. If we could do that, we might be an even bigger help to this town's safety in the long run. But, I concur, there could be people up ahead that need our help more urgently. People that could direct us toward ale and mutton. Besides, I don't think our friend is going anywhere."

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Staring towards the clouded sky, Ancho listens half-heartedly to the banter of his brothers-in-arms. Wiping the ichor from his tunic where the zombie had gnashed his fangs into him, Ancho thinks about what other horrors might await them in this town.

    "I don't want to be the bearer of bad news... but I believe there are much worse things that could stumble upon us in the night than just some mindless undead. Especially with the moon as high as it is tonight. Let us make haste to the closing battle and help anyone still alive that we can."

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The corpse is wearing a shiny amulet which is completely devoid of gunk or tarnish.

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you poke the corpse with your lighted quarterstaff, you can clearly see a bulge in the pocket. After a few more pokes, it seems like a stiff leather object.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    With a spell on his lips, Eldon gingerly removes the amulet. He then reaches for the pocket, but remembers the fleshy larvae that recently issued forth from this corpse. Withdrawing his hand, he stands up, motions to the bulge in the corpse's pocket and says "Bob, remove what is in that pocket."
    Spoiler
    Show
    The spell on Eldon's lips is Command Undead.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The amulet comes off without incident. Bob bends down and retrieves a stiff leather billfold from the corpse's pocket and hands it to Eldon.

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The billfold contains only the papers of the deceased man. Apparently his name is Viktor Litmunova and carpenter is his trade.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-07-31 at 06:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •