Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon tucks the items inside his vest. "Now, let's see what aid we can administer to the folks up ahead." The halfling walks toward the sounds of battle at an accelerated pace. Bob follows, quietly clacking behind.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Seeing the grim work that Bob is able to do, and seeing that it in fact brought them something intriguing from the bodies torn pockets he nodded.

    "Indeed. Your bony friend here does seem to come into some use. Let us find what awaits us ahead."

    With that he patted Ancho on the shoulder.

    "I fear you may be right about the growing dark my friend. Who knows what else may crawl out of the mists to attempt on our lives. Hopefully some allies lay ahead."

    He set his jaw in a firm line as he headed off after Eldon, making sure that Ancho and Xaxil were close behind.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    As Ralston walked into the darkness following Eldon, Ancho clutches the front of his tunic. Rubbing his finger and thumb together, he finds the necklace hanging there and says a silent prayer to the heavens for protection from his most hated foes. He then moves on after his companions, eyes alert and darting for any movement around them.
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-08-01 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Terrible engrish!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    MAP
    Spoiler
    Show


    Through the mist you see a human female clad in shining fullplate armor. She swings her longsword at the zombies with great zeal, while calling out for help from The Light. "Lathander, help me lay these vile creatures to rest!"
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-09-04 at 01:05 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Hearing the call for Lathander's boon, Ancho unslings his bow and notches an arrow. He strides quickly forward looking for a target to strike.

    I may not be a deity of sorts, but I shall always answer the call of a lass in distress!"

    Move!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to S8 with bow drawn!
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-08-02 at 07:32 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    kwhalen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Xaxil's torn and rended flesh doesn't stop him from charging forward. He moves with full speed toward the plated female warrior to join in the melee.
    (Charge to M9)
    Clad In Metal

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Seeing such a horde around the female he raised his mace above his head as he moved forward.

    "Worry not maiden, stand strong against this darkness and we shall stand with you! St.Cuthbert! Lend me strength to defeat these foes!"

    Move and Buff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to R8 and cast Bulls Strength as a Domain spell. Lasts 60 Rounds.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon moves to Q10 and Bob shuffles to Q9. Eldon then casts Haste (which I believe should get everybody but the Plate mail chick we are rushing to aid).

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 1
    Spoiler
    Show


    The zombies all turn their attention to Xaxil. He manages to ward off most of their blows, but one sloppy fist attack manages to get through.

    The armor clad female steps forward and strikes a zombie with her longsword.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 8 damage.
    [Fortitude Success]

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 1


    Seeing the woman beset by so many of the undead, and then his companion Xaxil in the same situation he moved forward into the horde of zombies and rose his shield again to pray to St.Cuthbert to help defeat these foes.

    "Stand strong, We'll aid you in this fight madame! These undeads evil has choked these streets long enough!"

    Move and Destroy Undead!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to N8, plenty of movement due to haste so I don't provoke.

    Destroy Undead:
    (6d6)[19] DC:18 Will

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Barnaby moves and ducks behind the shattered remains of a barrier. Though he seems nervous, hes hands still manage to skillfully strum out the intro to a song on his mandolin.

    Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls and will saves against fear and compulsion.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 1

    Eldon moves to O7 and makes a concentration check to cast defensively
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+15)[19]

    He mutters some arcane words and places his thumbs together while extending his fingers outward. A fan shaped sheet of flames extends from his hands engulfing Z1,Z2 and Z4.
    Burning Hands!
    Spoiler
    Show
    (5d4)[12] Reflex 18 for half.

    "I've always found that fire helps to purify the dead." He says to no one in particular.
    If Z1 is gone, Bob moves to N7 and takes up a defensive posture in front of his master. If Z1 is still standing Bob moves to N8 and attacks
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[16](d10+4)[6]

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    As Eldon finishes his hand gestures everything around Ancho seems to slow down to a crawl. Using this heightened awareness, he lets fly a volley of arrows into the closest corpse!

    Full Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ancho Peppers
    Male NG Human Rogue 6, Level 6, Init +2, HP 27/33, Speed 30
    AC 19, Touch 13, Flat-footed 16, Fort +3, Ref +8, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 4
    +1 Shortsword +9 (1d6 +2, 19-20 x2)
    Mwk Shortsword +9 (1d6 +1, 19-20 x2)
    +1 Shortbow (40 Arrows) +10 (1d6 +2, 20 x3)
    +1 Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +1 Dodge)
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 14


    Shooting Z1 with all attacks!
    Ranged Attack: (1d20+10)[14](24)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Crit: (1d20+10)[15]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[13]


    Ranged Attack: (1d20+10)[19](29)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Possible Crit: (1d20+10)[27]
    Telling Blow: (3d6)[14]
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-08-13 at 06:48 AM.

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 2
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston's prayer sheds its divine light upon the undead, who briefly reel from its effects. The zombies continue swarming on Xaxil. He blocks and evades the incoming attacks with grace. Flanking with the stranger, they manage to take down one of the zombies with ease. Eldon's spell scorches three of the zombies, completely blackening their skin. Ancho's arrows strike Z2 who now seems so heavily damaged, its hard to imagine how he is holding together.

    A menacing creature stands atop the far barrier and eyes the battle in the town square. He points to the ground, and leaps from the barrier, before beginning to plod toward Xaxil and the female Warrior.

    Barnaby continues with the intro to his song.
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-09-04 at 01:06 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 2

    Seeing the Zombie shuffle up next to him and threaten Eldon he swung his mace backhand at the monster and then swung it around in a quick arc, aided by the Eldons magic for another smash at the undead abomination.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Swinging at Z1, currently AC 26 due to haste.
    (1d20+8)[20]
    (1d8+5)[11]

    (1d20+8)[15]
    (1d8+5)[10]

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 2

    Concentration check.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+15)[16]

    Cast Command Undead on Z3. No save for unintelligent undead.

    As Eldon begins channeling the necromantic powers necessary to cast the spell his eyes roll back into his head so that only the whites are visible. His hair begins blowing about his face, tossed around by a breeze that no one else feels. The arcane words to the spell begin as an otherworldly whisper but growing into an ever increasing possessed sounding shriek as he completes the spell. In a booming demonic growl he commands the zombie to "Attack the creature behind you!" while pointing at the menacing creature approaching from the western barricade.

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    None of that actually happens because Eldon did not make his ****ing ****-sucking ass-raping ****-stained ****-eating ****-whoring concentration check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    On a lighter ****ing whore note, Bob makes his useless ****ing attack against Z1.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+7)[27](d10+4)[8]
    If the **** smear of a ****-head zombie drops, Bob will move into his place at N7.

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    I believe that's a crit, at least. Maul crits x3. So that zombie should be gone at least.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho notices a flank looking weak, so he peppers the zombie there with another volley of arrows!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack on Zombie @ M10, then 5ft step to R9
    First Arrow: (1d20+9)[8](17)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+9)[17] Add: (3d6)[10]


    Second Arrow: (1d20+9)[17](26)
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]

    Possible Crit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Confirm: (1d20+9)[20] Add: (3d6)[3]
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-08-14 at 06:48 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 3
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston batters the zombie in front of him, crushing bones with each blow. The combined efforts of Xaxil and the female warrior strikes down one zombie and damages another. A strike from Bob's maul is enough to finish it off. Ancho fires two arrows striking and weakening another zombie. Eldon commands the zombie to attack the unknown monster. It plods toward the creature, who turns its attention to the zombie. It swings its fist in a wide overhead arc, narrowly missing the zombie and slamming clear into the ground.

    One of the remaining zombies strikes Xaxil.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 8 damage. [Fortitude Success]


    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Knowledge Religion]This monster is an entomber, a creature with a powerful slam attack capable of pounding a human into a shallow grave.


    More zombies emerge from the mist, attracted by the sounds of battle. Barnaby keeps the rythm of his song going and begins singing the first verse. "Hand over hand, I crawl back to land..."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-09-04 at 01:07 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 3

    Eldon moves to S8. Bob moves to T9. The halfling begins casting another spell. His countenance is again darkened as his voice takes on an other-worldly quality. As the spell finishes he shouts "MANETE!" in an echoing voice that sounds much larger than his small frame would belie. Z7 and Z8 cease their shuffling movements and appear frozen in time and space. "Mr. Peppers, concentrate your attacks upon the zombie to the east. The ones coming from the north shall remain frozen until they are attacked or take damage."
    Spoiler
    Show
    The zombies are affected by Halt Undead. No save for mindless undead. They are paralyzed for 6 rounds or until they are attacked or take damage.

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 3


    Turning his head for a second as the sweep of his mace brings a zombie body directly into line with Bobs Maul, he heard Eldons resounding incantation and his instructions to Ancho. He called out in a rallying cry.

    "These foul creatures won't get the best of us! Press on to victory!"

    Taking a step forward to M8 his mace finds undead flesh once again.

    Move and Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five foot step to M8 and attack. AC 26 with Haste going.

    (1d20+8)[10]
    (1d8+5)[11]

    (1d20+8)[24]
    (1d8+5)[11]

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 3


    Following Eldon's advice, Ancho slings his bow over his shoulder. Pulling free his shortswords from their scabbards on his hips, he marches past Ralston and into a supporting position behind the eastern most zombie.

    "Feel the burn of Ancho's rage!!!"


    Move and Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L7, taking the AO. Once there, a single sneak attack against Z4

    Main Hand: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[5]

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 4
    Spoiler
    Show


    Eldon's spell causes two of the zombies to stop dead in their tracks. They simply stand there with their arms at their sides, and their mouths gaped wide open. Ancho moves to more advantageous position, attracting the attention of one of the zombies, but artfully dodging its blows. Ralston and Xaxil both land well placed blows on their respective targets, and watch each of them fall to the ground and cease moving.

    The moment the party is no longer threatened by zombies, the armor clad female races toward the new monster. The creature remains focused on the zombie. With another wide overhead arc, it slams the zombie with a hammerfist, driving it into the ground and out of sight beyond the mist covered cobblestone. The female warrior yells "What manner of blasphemous vile monstrosity is this? By the light of Lathander and the Lightbringers of Shadowdale I will smite thee!"

    "...there is no retreat that option's far and away..."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-09-04 at 01:08 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 4

    With the speed of Eldons magic at his heels he moved forward, calling to Xaxil.

    "Come my friend, let us join this maiden in glory! This foul beast is surely worth our attentions!"

    Move and Smite!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moving with Haste to E9 and Smiting the creature.
    Power Attack for 4
    (1d20+10)[13]
    (1d8+15)[17]

    Last Smite till I rest

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon

    Eldon readies a spell on his lips, performing all of the necessary actions except for the final release word.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eldon is holding Fireball until Z9 comes 5 feet closer. When that happens he is going to release it capturing Z7,Z8 and Z9 in the blast.

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 4


    His party charging forward, Ancho stays still for just a second, noticing a position open up across from Xaxil. He takes his chance and charges into battle! His blade flashing through the air, he stabs into the soft flesh of the abomination's ribs!

    CHARGE AND FLANK!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charge to E11 for the Charging Flank!
    Main Hand: (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[9] (Half Damage)

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 5
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston's attack is unable to find a weak point on the creature's hide.

    Xaxil calls upon the vengeance of Kelemvor to destroy the undead abomination and release its soul to the Fugue Plane. Black ichor immediately begins to seep from its eyes, ears, and nose as it turns its rage toward Xaxil. It raises both hands high about its head and slams them down with all its might. Xaxil is hit, but manages not to be pounded into the ground.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 12 damage.
    [Fortitude Success]
    [Reflex Success]


    Ancho's attack misses its mark and hits only the creature's dessicated hide. As soon as the zombies are close enough, Eldon unleashes a ball of fire which streaks toward the center of the cluster and explodes, blazing all three with magical flame. They continue to plod forward unphased, attempting to close on Eldon.

    "...I have to be brave, but I always did crave..."
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-09-04 at 01:02 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Hearing the fireball explode, he looks at the creature in front of him and grimaces.

    " Let us get this grim work done, our spritely friend Eldon may need our help sooner than later!"

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack the Entomber, loving the haste.
    (1d20+10)[24]
    (1d8+5)[13]

    (1d20+10)[20]
    (1d8+5)[10]

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 5

    Eldon passes a Hide From Undead potion to the terrified bard. The halfling casts Shroud of Undeath upon himself. "Bob, slow these zombies down." Bob steps forward to P8 and swings at Z8.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that Bob is affected by Haste. I can't find anywhere that it says undead aren't affected by Haste. Discount the second attack if so. (d20+7)[27](d10+4)[7](d20+7)[22](d10+4)[11]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •