Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 5

    Frustrated that his first blow didn't harm the large corpse, Ancho continues to attack with enraged vigor!!

    Full Attack!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flanking with Xaxil: +2 to hit
    Bard Song: +1 to hit/dmg
    Haste: +1 to hit/ac/reflex
    Attack Bonus: +10
    Sneak Attack divided in half for undead

    Main Hand: (1d20+10)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Sneak Attack: [roll]3d6[roll]

    Off Hand: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[4]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[9]

    Haste Attack: (1d20+10)[28]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Sneak Attack: [roll]3d6[roll]


    Edit: SA rolls screwed up for Main hand and haste attack... in post below
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-08-23 at 06:37 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Hand: (3d6)[5]
    Haste Attack: (3d6)[10]

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 6
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston, Ancho and Xaxil each land one solid blow on the creature but all have the same problem penetrating the creatures undead hide. None the less, it is showing some signs of weakness after the attacks.

    The female warrior continues her attacks. "The light will deliver your soul from the clutches of undeath!" She raises her sword high above her head and it glows with a white light as she brings it down upon the creature, causing a large wound.

    The creature swivels its head one way, then the other, registering all of his new targets before making an incredibly clumsy attempt to attack Xaxil.

    Barnaby takes the potion from Eldon, and continues with his song. The zombies shamble past Bob, Eldon, and Barnaby. Bob lands another attack on z8.

    "...the golden sunlight..."

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 6

    Seeing the creature hurt by their attacks, his voice boomed out.

    "We have them now!"

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attacking twice. Forgot Bardsong last time.
    (1d20+11)[19]
    (1d8+6)[13]

    (1d20+11)[29]
    (1d8+6)[13]

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon
    Round 6(The last round of Haste)

    Bob shuffles forward to M8 and swings at Z8
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+6)[24](d10+3)[9]

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 7
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston and Xaxil manage to land solid blows on the creature finally causing it to crumple to the ground. The zombies shamble towards the battle and begin to swarm the female warrior. One hits her with a wild fist. Bob chases after the zobies and smashes one with his maul.

    "...Its been about me, but im setting that free..."

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    turning about as he hears the shambling coming from behind them, he grinned wide and smashed his mace at the zombie closest to him.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    No more Hjaste One swing at Z9.
    (1d20+10)[18]
    (1d8+6)[14]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage
    Round 7

    Bob moves to H7 and swings at Z8.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[14](d10+3)[10]

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 7

    Ancho repositions for a better chance of attacking the approching zombies. He ducks and weaves to the opposite side of them and continues his attacks!

    Tumble and Attack!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to G11 through F12. Then attack the zombie i'm flanking.

    Tumble Check!: (1d20+7)[20]

    Main Hand: (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[10] (Half of that number if undead)

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 8
    Spoiler
    Show


    The melees focus on z8 and bring it down without much trouble. The remaining zombies try to attack Ancho and the female, but are unsuccessful.

    "...for golden sunlight, ohhhhhhhhhhhh..."

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 8

    Seeing the ZMOBIES nearly routed, his mace arcs down at the head of the one in front of the female.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+10)[27]
    (1d8+6)[9]

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage
    Round 7

    Bob double moves to E11 (providing Xaxil with a flanking bonus if he does not wish to incur a possible OOA from Z9).

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Round 8

    Seeing that the zombie between Ralston and himself is still standing, he persists with his flurry of slashes!

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Z7 (I think??) The one between Ralston and himself.

    Half Sneak Attack Damge on Undead!!!

    Main Hand: (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[8]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[11]

    Off-Hand: (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[13]

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage
    *oops* I meant Round 8.

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Round 9
    Spoiler
    Show


    Ralston and Ancho lay into the center zombie, bringing it close to destruction. The rest of the combatants and the zombies themselves are unable to cause any damage.

    "...theres a door open to walk through..."

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage
    Round 9

    Bob swings at Z9.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+5)[23](d10+3)[7]

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott
    Round 9

    Seeing only two Zombies left, his mace lashes out once again at the enemy between he and Ancho.

    Attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot +2 from flanking last time :D
    (1d20+12)[25]
    (1d8+6)[12]



  18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Seeing that Ralston has one zombie well in hand... Ancho focuses his rage on the adjacent zombie!

    Full Attack!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack Z9!!

    Sneak Attack damage halved against UNDEAD!!

    Main Hand: (1d20+10)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[14]

    Off-Hand: (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[2]
    Sneak Attack: (3d6)[16]

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "...all I want is just beyond..."

    A flurry of swords and blunt instruments bring the final two zombles to rest. The woman wipes off her sword and sheathes it before stepping back and introducing herself.



    "Thank you for the help friends. I see you all bear the insignia of the Lightbringers; I too serve your cause. I am Ashlyn, Iv come from Shadowdale after receiving word of villagers who suffered the likes of undead."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Breathing deeply his muscles still feeling charged with the power of his spells he took a quick look around before turning to Ashlynn, and waving Eldon and Barnaby over to them, seeing the menace was gone for now.

    "Good to see someone else who is pure of heart here, I am Ralston, originally of Cormyr. My fellow Lightbringers and I have come to barovia for our own reasons, but our fellow Barnaby here showed us a letter, the Burgomeister of Barovia seeking aide, so we came as quickly as we could.

    Stepping back he took a look among his companions.

    Does anyone require healing?

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "I was going to ask the same question. The least I can do for the aid is heal your wounds, but I would be glad to help you in any way I can."

    Looking around you see two businesses that have not been boarded up yet.

    Bildrath's Mercantile
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sparse light gleams from gaps in the boarded-up windows of this building. A sign over the door creaks on its hinges, proclaiming "Bildrath's Mercantile."

    Blood on the Vine Tavern
    Spoiler
    Show
    A mutter of voices, a clatter of dishware, and the squeal of a poorly played wind instrument usher from this rambling building. A sign hanging precariously askew reads "Blood on the Vine Tavern." A thin skein of smoke curls up from a wide chimney.

    Xaxil
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can see that the sign originally read "Blood of the vine Tavern" but an "N" has been scratched over the "F."

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    Eldon walks over to the window of Bildrath's Mercantile and attempts to peer through the gaps in the wood.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Seeing Eldon peer into the slats of the mercantile shop he tilted his head, and looked to the Taverns hanging sign. He shrugged a bit and turned back to Ashlynn.

    "Do you know how many people are about? Or what's happening here? Perhaps we should take ourselves inside. The Mercantile shop there might be able to provide me something more fitting these Damn zombies...my Mace only serves to squash their already disgusting skin. A Sickle or something might be best if they have one."

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    "At last!! A quaint little inn, where I can wet my parched throat with a cold ale! Come gents and milady, the first round is on me!" Ancho proclaims excitedly!

    Walking towards the tavern's doorway, he kicks at the hand of a dispatched zombie and mutters a couple curses to the gods about the damnable undead.

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Indeed, we should retire to the Inn. The undead have stopped attacking for now, so we can rouse the Vistani to repair the barrier for their next attack."

    Eldon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shop seems to consist mostly of one room, aside from a doorway in the back. Three human-looking males inhabit the room. A short angry looking man stands behind the counter speaking to a taller man with a large pair of feathered white wings. The shop owner motions for the third person, an enormous tree of a man, to leave the room. After what appears to be a brief discussion, the man with the feathered wings drops a small coin purse on the counter and exits through the back.


    Inside The Tavern

    The tavern is packed full of people who pay you no mind. Clearly this place is being used as a haven for the remaining survivors. A barkeep with a dirty shirt and an apron mindlessly cleans glasses behind the bar. Three Vistani sit at a table, slurping beer and playing cards.

    Ashlyn enters the tavern and speaks loudly so that everyone can hear her. "The zombies have been quelled for now, but the barricade requires maintenance." She then moves up to the bar and has a seat. Two of the Vistani grumble as they finish their drinks and head outside.

    "Its good to once again be in the company of fellow Lightbringers. I arrived with two others from my chapter, but I quickly found my self alone. Thendrick and Mathilda wanted to check out the church to the northwest. The townsfolk believe that's where the zombies arise. Everyone told them to talk to Madam Eva first. She's some kind of wise woman who lives west of town. But they wouldn't listen, the arrogant clods. They went to the church confident they could handle whatever they found without needing the advice. That was three days ago. I haven't heard from them since, and I haven't been able to venture beyond this square."

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    "Ashlyn, do you know of any celestials or powerful favored souls that may be in the area? Who is the patron deity of the church that is to the northwest? Has anyone talked to Madame Eva yet? Have you ever eaten in this inn before? What would you suggest for a beverage, ale or wine? Do you know if they have mutton? How long have you been here in this town? What do you think started this undead infestation? Has the threat been getting getting worse or staying the same? Should we go look for your companions?"

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Shaking his head he let out a deep chuckle and turned to put a mail covered hand onto Eldons small shoulder.

    All good questions my small friend, perhaps we should grab a drink and have a seat, and get a few answers hmm? Maybe not all of them though. I'm not a big fan of Mutton."

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ashlyn's eyes widen as Eldon's questions pour out. "Oh, uh, well... I don't know of any celestials or favored souls in the area. You folks are the first people I have seen that aren't the complacent denizens or profane evil that threatens them. I have heard the locals speak of a man named Sir Urik. They refer to him as a madman who wishes to confront the lord of this land, but Im sure one keeping such a high profile with such goals would no last long here. So what else did you want to know?"

    ...

    "Oh yes, the church. It was once run by a priest of Lathander and his son. No one seems to know where he is now, or why the dead have begun rising from their graves. The only thing they seem sure of is that they recognize some of their buried loved ones among the walking dead. They also claim that anyone slain by one of those creatures soon rises as one them self; increasing their numbers by the day. Maybe some of the locals would have more information on the priest, or a better guess as to why the dead have begun to rise."

    ...

    "I'v only been in town for three days. My companions wasted no time before running off on their fool's errand. I would like very much to go find them, but perhaps resting for the night would be in order. I don't know anything about this Madam Eva, but the locals swear by her. At the very least, if she is not as tight lipped as the locals that would be a step in the right direction."

    "As far as the food goes, its nothing special. It has become apparent that these people are trying to survive off of what they have left. I don't see how any food or goods could make their way into a zombie infested town. Id talk to the barkeep if you want to know any more about that."

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Ralstons eyebrows perk up at the mention of Sir Urik, but he listens fully to Ashlynns story before deciding upon his course of action. He smiled wide and nodded a little bit as he made his way towards the bar itself.

    "I think the fair lady is indeed right, a nights rest would certainly bolster our abilities to combat the foulness of this place. We should gather what information we can here, fill our bellies and then perhaps try this Madame Eva. Any information will be helpful."

    Turning to the man behind the bar he takes out a couple gold coins from his pouch and offers them to the man.

    "Drinks and some food perhaps? As much as it can buy for all gathered. I know shiny coins may not be of much use now, but I am sure we will be able to restore this place to its former glory and you'll be able to use them soon enough."

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    While talking tot he bartender, also trying to get some information on Sir Urik from him, general chatting him up and mentioning the eccentric evil slayer and his possible location. Diplomacy check to follow:
    (1d20+2)[20]

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Barkeep

    "Sure, sure. No problem there. Gold still sparkles even in dark times. We'll get through this; we always do. Not that things have ever been this bad mind you, but were resilient folk."

    "That much gold'll get ya all a meal and an ale. Its not the kind of stuff you'd normally spend that kind of coin on, but times like these we haven't got much choice. We can barely sustain ourselves, let alone travelers, not that we get many. But Im not gonna let yeh go hungry neither. We've got twice as many families as we got beds, but if ya want to find a corner to sleep in, be my guest."


    ...

    "That Urik feller? Craziest son of an ettin iv ever seen. Claims to be a member of an ancient secret order. Here to rescue us all from sumthin-or-other. Thinks 'es straight out of a bard's tale. Stopped in here for a bit, then went off to get himself killed im sure. Aint nothin' here that needs fixin, and if there was, wouldn't be no point in tryin'..." He tapers off a bit and seems slightly nervous.

    Hanging in the tavern you see two large maps.

    Map of Barovia
    Spoiler
    Show

    Map of Svalich Woods
    Spoiler
    Show

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •