Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 211 to 236 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Just the old church up by the cemetery. Danovich, the priest, used to ward the church and the village, but his vigil lapsed when his poor son was tragically murdered. No one has seen Danovich since, but it wasn't long after that, that the dead began to rise."

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Nodding grimly to Ismark he slowly stood from the seat at the table. He kept his voice low as he spoke to Ismark again, before departing the mans side.

    "I'll do what I can Ismark, and I know that my friends here are dedicated to our course. If I find out anything of interest I'll do my best to report back here."

    As he turned to leave the man he looked to find Ashlynn, moving to her side he smiled politely.

    "Ashlynn, I believe I am going to speak with my companions about the possibility of leaving to seek out Madame Eva before too long. In fact I'd like to leave as soon as possible if the group is up for it. Is the road out of town heavily infested with the undead?"

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho chuckes a bit at the man's dry humor. Taking a long pull off his mug, Ancho continues his banter with the Vistani.

    "So I don't believe I caught your name, sir. Perhaps you could point me to the local weaponsmith? My blades seem to have dulled a bit on the fight to here and I expect more undead resistance before the night is through."

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ashlyn stands by the bar sipping her mug of ale. "That is probably most wise. I wouldn't know who or what dwells outside this village, but from what I'v seen, I would expect the worst. I suppose it all depends on where these zombies are coming from."

    ...

    The Vistani takes another large drink from his mug. "Noo smitty. Joost Bil'r'th acroos tha road. Only fair trades wid dat guy. Ya otta pay 'im a visit." He continues to smile and nod.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    "Thanks for the information and small talk, friend. Here's something for your time." Ancho walks to the bartender and gives him 3 gold to cover anything the Vistani would like for the rest of the night. He then walks over to Ralston again and askes if he could speak with the aged cleric.

    "It seems the local townfolk are in the dark as to this undead scourge. All they know is that the recently fallen stand back up and hunger for the flesh of the living. Perhaps we should get moving before light to Madame Eva's abode? Also, there's a shop across the street that peddles wares that might be of use for our trek through the woods."

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    Eldon walks back over to his companions."I wonder if the local priest has anything to do with the undead. It seems that recently his son died tragically. The priest disappeared and the undead appeared soon after." Eldon listens while you guys fill him in on what you've found out. "If we're heading to Eva's, I'm gonna need some supplies."

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Nodding to Eldon he thought about what his diminutive friend had said and before long made his own comment.

    "We'll be making a stop at the Mercantile...it looked closed but we can easily give it a try. If no one answers though we may have to just make for Evas. I'm told the encampment isn't too far out of town so we should be able to make it there. No telling what sort of trouble we're in for though."

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The music dies down and the tavern grows eerily silent as most of the families head to their sections to sleep. A faint but constant howling can be heard... perhaps the wind. It is occasionally broken by the moans of the undead, and the creaking of the old wood building. A banging sound can be heard in the distance, perhaps a zombie attempting to breach a barricade, perhaps someone boarding up a window.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    "It seems this place is closing down for the night. Let us head to the merchant across the way and then to Madame Eva's posthaste."

    With these words, Ancho heads to the door outside. Once there, he squints through the darkness to see any movement. Deciding that the coast was clear, he sneaks across the lane to Bildrath's store.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move Silently: (1d20+9)[29]
    Spot: (1d20)[9]
    Listen: (1d20)[11]

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Hearing Ancho speak, he nodded and grasped up his shield. Stepping to the door near Ancho he peered around a they stepped out, and made sure that they made their way as a group over to Bildraths. Once there he kept a look out into the darkness as Ancho checked the place out.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    The door to Bildrath's Mercantile is locked, and no lights appear to be on inside.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    Eldon looks about the darkened street. He turns toward Ralston and whispers "If we can't get supplies I think we should wait until the morning when they are open. That is assuming that they will open back up again. You don't think anything has happened to Bildrath do you? Remember I saw that winged person talking to Bildrath earlier?" He then turns toward Ancho and whispers even louder "Do you think we should knock on the door? Or, should we try to enter the shop and make sure nothing has happened to Bildrath? If we save him from something bad maybe he will reward us with cool stuff. What do you guys think?"

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    He turned to Eldon and looked from Bildraths shop to the Tavern and back. He shook his head as he regarded the party.

    "I don't think we should linger here. The night is dangerous and we're weary but I think if we gave our enemies to the night we might find more zombies int he morning than we can deal with. I just have a bad feeling about staying here. I say we make for Madame Evas. We can make it on what strength we have left."

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    "Alright then. We should make haste. The sooner we arrive there the sooner we can learn about this undead plague and possibly how to defeat it."

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Hearing the others whisper behind him, bickering about whether they should go or stay, Ancho checks the door and finds it locked. "No lock every evaded ol' Ancho's pick back in Neverwinter." He mutters as a set of tarnished picks and blades are pulled from his cloak. With his tongue stuck between his teeth, Ancho begins working on the lock at hand.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock: (1d20+11)[28] EDIT: Add +2 for masterwork thieves' tools! :D check = 30
    Last edited by Gorthok; 2011-10-27 at 08:45 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lock easily pops open.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Feeling the distinct jerk of the lock opening, Ancho waves to any troupe member in view to follow and stay silent. Without waiting, Ancho sidles in to the right, taking in the store as much as he can in the darkness and gloom.

    DM
    Spoiler
    Show
    If any of the other players follow, I motion for them to wait until I can scout the store out.

    Move Silently: (1d20+9)[12]

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you peek into the store you see the dim light of a lantern's wick. Suddenly the lamp brightens the room as an enormous man turns the knob. He rises from his chair, picks up a large hammer and begins to shout...

    A deep voice emanates through the walls of the store. "Git outa here thief, before I give you a pounding!"
    Last edited by Gamblerjoe; 2011-10-30 at 12:26 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    May 2011

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ancho Peppers

    Ancho is dazed for a second as the lamp brightens the room. Standing, Ancho puts his arms spread to his sides to show no ill will to the enourmous man.

    "I apologize, Sir. I wasn't trying to steal any of your wares. My friends and I were told you would be up at this time of night. Seeing that your door was locked and there was no answer, I expected the worst, considering the recent undead plauging your small burg. We would like to purchase a few things before our journey to Madame Eva's, if you could spare the time."

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    So engrossed in his discussion with Eldon, Ralston did not at all notice Anchos working of the lock ont he mercantile shop. Once he and Eldon had decided their course he turned his head, and didn't see Ancho anywhere.

    "Where did Mr.Peppers get off too?"

    Turning, he motioned for Eldon to follow and headed in the direction of the mercantile shop, where Ancho was last seen. As he heard a voice, seemingly coming from the shop he kept on his way there.


    "Seems perhaps the owner may have been awake after all."

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "Bil'rath aint sellin' no wares to no ones. Now git! I aint gunna warn you again!"

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    "Is not selling anything anymore? Ever? Or is he just not selling anymore this evening?"

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Cleavon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Ralston Allcott

    Standing just outside the doorway and keeping a close watch on the surrounding barricades and alleys, he grimaced a little. He certainly hoped that this didn't take long, but he was also concerned at what they might think Ancho was up to. He still didn't know if his sneaky friend had simply helped himself to going inside or not. Either way the door was open and they needed supplies. Hopefully a diplomatic attitude would help.

    "I am sorry for our intrusion sir, but we are in a bit of a hurry, if we've taken any forward liberties I promise it is only with the best of intentions."

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "My uncle aint sellin' nothin' 'till the zombies is gone!"

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    Eldon Thorngage

    "But goodsir, we are fighting the zombie threat. At the moment we find that we are running low on the proper supplies for fighting this threat. If your uncle would be so kind as to sell us a few things we are sure that the zombie threat will soon be gone and the flow of trade will once again be open and flowing."

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Gamblerjoe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (IC)

    "He's sleepin'. If ya got a problem, come back tomorrow and talk to him."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •