New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Yeah. That same twilight can have a much more impressive influence on the world by starting up some crazy eugenics program involving biomagitech, breeding schedules, and his terrestrial workforce.

Also, as pointed out, the first age solars prized uniqueness. They only mass produced artifacts if they were effective for the teeming masses (see: fire lances? (don't remember name), ashigaru armor, etc.) and to a lesser extent dragonbloods, and part of effective means relatively cheap. This instance seems like it would serve as a proof of concept, as I think we can agree that it is a high dot artifact and so costly to make. No way it's worth wasting a factory on when he can in the same time outfit several armies, particularly given that these guys still last all of 30 seconds vs. DBs tops.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    No way it's worth wasting a factory on when he can in the same time outfit several armies, particularly given that these guys still last all of 30 seconds vs. DBs tops.
    You gotta admit, that would be one confused DB, though.

"Man, what? Did that Mortal just tear my favorite shirt? What the Malfeas is going on here? I must be off today. Hey, that's a pretty sweet looking gauntlet, though..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Competent mortals...

Mortal Hero Style.

Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Fifty four views for my Unwoven Coadjutor rewrite, and no comments.

I would be disappointed in you all, but I long ago developed a charm that allows me to eat my own disappointment to restore virtue channels. It also tastes like chocolate and keeps my coat shiny.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Banned

why do your ears look different man rabbit

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    why do your ears look different man rabbit
    Been slowly phasing out the Noise bits. I wanna replace them with something else. But, for now, plain bunnyish ears.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Been slowly phasing out the Noise bits. I wanna replace them with something else. But, for now, plain bunnyish ears.
    I distinctly remember you having Noise claws at some point.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    I distinctly remember you having Noise claws at some point.
    Actually, here is the full progression of my Angel avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I may need to bring the whiskers back. I just didn't think they looked quite right on #4, and that carried on to #5.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Cecelyne charms. I made some.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

I like the bonus vs your own worshipers as a weird schtick for the first charm. But it being the sole focus of a charm, as in the second one, seems a little overly niche. I can see how it might work out with Cecelyne, but I dunno how much mileage an actual Infernal is going to get on it.

EDIT: Also, the name, "Armor of Faith" could probably use a little fancying up.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-06-04 at 08:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ettin in the Playground

Cecelyne's got a number of charms that influence behavior with the carrot/stick approach (as opposed to UMI). If I were an Infernal with the charms I wrote, I'd look at Fine Print Bequest and Inauspicious Benediction of Endeavor to force people to pray towards me. Powerful, useful people who it would be good to have an edge against.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Fifty four views for my Unwoven Coadjutor rewrite, and no comments.
    At first I thought it was in this thread, so I went back a zillion pages. On that note...

3a. Solars have a theme of being "Human-to-the-Max".
    3b. Solars should have a charm whereby they eat food and then discharge lightning out of their face. (i.e. "Burritos-as-Lightning-Bolts Methodology")
    Just have the Solar convert bio-energy directly into power, so just shoot lightning from your transcendently powerful brain.

Also, breathe air so hot it's fire. Fire rivers of sweat from your chest (bonus: breaks the user's shirt unless they've got crazy cleavage). Punch the air so fast that you heat it up and hurl a fireball. Run so fast you generate a Sonic Boom, then run on top of it to fly.

Okay, getting a bit out of theme with these charms.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Cecelyne's got a number of charms that influence behavior with the carrot/stick approach (as opposed to UMI). If I were an Infernal with the charms I wrote, I'd look at Fine Print Bequest and Inauspicious Benediction of Endeavor to force people to pray towards me. Powerful, useful people who it would be good to have an edge against.
    True. Alright, I can kinda see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    Fire rivers of sweat from your chest (bonus: breaks the user's shirt unless they've got crazy cleavage).
    Supernal Boob-Sweat Fusillade? I'll have to add that to my to-do list for Solar charms.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know. Those aren't really solar charms, thematic wise. Dragonblooded, perhaps, but not solar.

Edit: is it sad that one of the proclaimed 'better put together CMA' styles has 3 of it's 9 charms actually hinder you if you use them, and one that's worse than pretty much every other option you can do?
    Last edited by Tavar; 2011-06-04 at 10:01 PM.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

15. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground

Actually, here is the full progression of my Angel avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I may need to bring the whiskers back. I just didn't think they looked quite right on #4, and that carried on to #5.
    Xefas I just noticed that what i thought was a sidereal castemark in reality was a tiny Fluttershy.

Tonberrian, I would suggest making Impious Fool Castigation to work against anyone, with the free counter attack being a bonus which only works against those who have prayed to/are a priest of the infernal
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Tonberrian
    Who is this Tonberrian guy?!? Does he go around trying to steal credit for my homebrew?!?

Anyways, if I change IFC that way, it becomes far and away superior to Sands Through Fingers Defense. IFC needs a hole at least as big as STFD's to keep them relatively balanced.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Who is this Tonberrian guy?!? Does he go around trying to steal credit for my homebrew?!?
    Even if you insist people spell your name with a lower case t for some reason, that was still the start of a sentence. Sentences start with capital letters in English.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Even if you insist people spell your name with a lower case t for some reason, that was still the start of a sentence. Sentences start with capital letters in English.
    Not if they start with my name they don't.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

If you insist on going counter to the regular rules of grammar, you can hardly fault people for not reading you mind.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

20. - Top - End - #530
    Banned

...It's in his signature.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

That doesn't preclude the normal rules of grammar though.
    BEEP.

22. - Top - End - #532

NecromancerGuy

As far as Immaculate Philosophy is concerned, is creating a council of mortals to inform the Terrestrials of their needs and concerns: a) heretical b) neither good nor bad c) good? And why? To what extent mortals can ask for autonomy without going against I.P.?
    Last edited by MickJay; 2011-06-05 at 11:18 AM.
    LGBTitP

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by MickJay View Post
    As far as Immaculate Philosophy is concerned, is creating a council of mortals to inform the Terrestrials of their needs and concerns: a) heretical b) neither good nor bad c) good? And why? To what extent mortals can ask for autonomy without going against I.P.?
    Heretical (through not the greatest of heresies), because the dragonblooded are as enlightened as it is possible to be without joining with the Elemental dragons, and as such know far better what is best for mortals than the mortals themselves.

according to the I.P. one should not strive to improve ones social position and it is the mortals place to serve the dragonblooded, just as it is the dragonbloods place to lead the mortals to enlightenment, therefore any attempt to gain autonomy would serve to remove the mortals soul from the ideal of perfection which would allow them to be reborn as dragonbloods and later to join with the dragons.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, I've been designing some Solar charms, and I was hoping I could get some feedback on my train of logic for this one. See if everything matches up coherently.

Alright,
    1a. Humans eat food.
    1b. The human body metabolizes food into energy.

2a. The human brain functions via transmitting information in the form of electrical and chemical signaling between neurons.
    2b. The human body converts energy metabolized from food to produce these electrical signals.

3a. Solars have a theme of being "Human-to-the-Max".
    3b. Solars should have a charm whereby they eat food and then discharge lightning out of their face. (i.e. "Burritos-as-Lightning-Bolts Methodology")
    No, no, no! "Burritos-as-Lightning-Bolts Methodology" should allow someone to chuck a burrito and have it turn into a lightning bolt somewhere in the air. What you describe would be "Satiation-as-Lightning-Bolts Methodology" which is a totally different thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    No, no, no! "Burritos-as-Lightning-Bolts Methodology" should allow someone to chuck a burrito and have it turn into a lightning bolt somewhere in the air.
    That's already a Sidereal Charm (well, a combo, really, but not a complicated one).

26. - Top - End - #536
    Firbolg in the Playground

Question: if an Eclipse has "Shedding Infinite Radiance" (GotMH:US, p. 37-38), and uses his Eclipse anima power to bind an oath with a Fiend, and the Fiend later uses his anima power to suspend the oath, and then breaks the oath while it's thus suspended, does the Eclipse know that the oath's been broken?

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

I believe so, but I don't think he can do anything to the oathbreaker without taking matters into his own hands directly. Since the fluff piece on Fiends is that they basically transfer the botches to the ebon dragon, IIRC.

Yet another way that the ebon dragon screwed himself over: any fiend can use him as his whipping boy if he chooses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of infernals and yozis, are there any good fanwritten Oramus charmsets out there, as Oramus is the yozi i desire charms of the most (aside from maybe sachaverell)?

29. - Top - End - #539
    Barbarian in the Playground

tonberrian has a charm that allows him to change the rules of grammar by punching a dictionary really hard.

Spoiler
    Show

Old avatar by KP (I think)
    Green Lantern of the Rayneverse

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

I think, by the "Specific trumps General" rule, the guideline in tonberrian's signature takes precedence over the English language. Unless the English language was using some sort of defensive charm, but I think history has shown us that English has no perfect defense vs bastardization.

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Xefas I just noticed that what i thought was a sidereal castemark in reality was a tiny Fluttershy.
    Yes. Yes it is. It's very cute, but looks a bit odd because I have to resize it for the forum avatar rules. Here's the original size:
    Spoiler
    Show

And the full caste mark:
    Spoiler
    Show

Despite my disposition, as a grown man, to design tiny pink pony silhouettes, I'm still not half as weird as some of MLP's fandom.

EDIT: I think we need a poncho-based Yozi.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-06-05 at 03:48 PM.