New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

(Very) basic outline for warstrider fix is here. I've run out of time to type it up, but it's more developed than it looks.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-06 at 12:45 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

I made a character who was basically Azula.
    ...mildly less psychotic.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I made a character who was basically Azula.
    ...mildly less psychotic.
    Coolies!

Speaking of which, for my GSP game, I intend to have all fifty GSP Exaltations in use by Calibration in-game. I'll probably only need to flesh out about twenty of 'em, to save myself some effort, but if anyone's got any interesting concepts for a GSP, I'd be happy to see 'em.

(Mind you, for the most part, they're going to be starting out as loyalists...)

4. - Top - End - #604
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, quick question about character generation; is their any set order for things to be done? Like, regular ability points are used up before bonus points are spent?
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Okay, quick question about character generation; is their any set order for things to be done? Like, regular ability points are used up before bonus points are spent?
    Not really. Bonus points can be spent whenever, though it is difficult to pick out charms before you figure out what your prerequisite stats are.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Coolies!

Speaking of which, for my GSP game, I intend to have all fifty GSP Exaltations in use by Calibration in-game. I'll probably only need to flesh out about twenty of 'em, to save myself some effort, but if anyone's got any interesting concepts for a GSP, I'd be happy to see 'em.

(Mind you, for the most part, they're going to be starting out as loyalists...)
    So I did what any reasonable person would when contemplating Infernal character concepts, and I looked up the list of Batman Villains. Ra's al Ghul struck me as pretty innovative and GSPish.

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    So I did what any reasonable person would when contemplating Infernal character concepts, and I looked up the list of Batman Villains. Ra's al Ghul struck me as pretty innovative and GSPish.
    Which incarnation of him, though?

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

There's my favorite infernal I made ever: The slayer who favors SWLiHN. Basically, think "remote controlled minions" for the most part, with a fair amount of magitech killing machines. Very bookish and quiet and utterly homicidal, ex-lookshy military thaumaturgical assistant (can't remember what they're called, one step below sorcerer engineer).
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    There's my favorite infernal I made ever: The slayer who favors SWLiHN. Basically, think "remote controlled minions" for the most part, with a fair amount of magitech killing machines. Very bookish and quiet and utterly homicidal, ex-lookshy military thaumaturgical assistant (can't remember what they're called, one step below sorcerer engineer).
    ...Awesome.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-06-06 at 01:40 PM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure that the name is Sorcerer-Assistants.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds right. Also, thanks Lix.

Plus, she can carry out a romance between her own charm trees. Always fun.

Edit: P.S. I think I saw someone post a charm called [Element] Trick or the like. I thought I saw it on Patternspider, but I can't find it. Anyone have a link?
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-06-06 at 02:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Which incarnation of him, though?
    Whichever one this is.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Last thing I remember was downloading Team Fortress 2, then there seems to be about a days worth of blank memories, and I just woke up this morning muttering something about a "Chargin' Targe".

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    You had the misfortune to have me need to leave for a plane in the middle to responding to your responses.
    I hope you noticed the implied "".

Spoiler
    Show
    The Yozis have alot of overlaps to them. Isidoros and Malfeas are both strong, tough, and blunter than a hammer. Szoreny and the Ebon Dragon both have imitation in their portfolio (Szoreny through mirrors and ED through shadows). Kimbery is an ocean of acidic poison, Szoreny is a forest with toxic quicksilver for sap. He's going to have some overlap in the poison department.

And, yes, he shares some ideals with SWLIHN when it comes to conformity. Szoreny just doesn't hate that they have free will, he just wants to make them him.
    I have no problem with thematic overlap between the Yozis. My problem is, mostly with the first one, is that it doesn't sound a lot like Szorney.

But this is kind of nitpicky, so I'll drop it.

I want to encourage stunts like "With his opponent's blade now trapped in the flesh of his arm, the Infernal strikes at his now defenseless opponent. Just as planned." How would you change the emphasis to make it less broad and still keep the right intent?
    Italicize seeming. Or expand on what you mean by it.

That very stunt is the sort of thing that I left the "unless necessary" clause in to allow. It's sudden and direct instead of carefully considered and indirect, but it is necessary to fufill the Infernal's plans.
    Then you need to spell it out. As it's written, it's a cop-out, not a specific exception.

Sounds like a cost problem. 5m is, looking back, way too cheap for what it does. How about something like 15m, 2wp?
    Too expensive, I think. Maybe something like 8m, 1wp?

It has the Illusion tag.
    True. Though relooking at it, the main problem with this Charm is that it either completely screws you over, or they figure it out, which they will, since it's not hard to pick up on, and then they just stunt from here until now and eternity to completely ignore the Charm.

I was thinking about adding a Szoreny Charm to let him pretend to have dots in an Ability so long as someone to copy is within sight. Not only would it come in handy for infernals, but fix Szoreny's problem with his own Imperfection. Thoughts?
    Hm. Could be cool. You definitely would need to not just rehash Puissance Mimicry Intuition, though.

I'm definately going to drop the "Combo-Ok" keyword from it. That will keep it from being part of a kill combo, to counterbalance it being able to duplicate someone else's kill combo.
    Ah, yeah. Didn't think about that.

Good point. I was thinking that you should be able to have them move, dodge attacks, and that was about it. As illusions, they can't do anything real, though they could pretend to do something. I probably should add something about them shattering if anything passes through them. Were you thinking of any other issues?
    No, I was thinking about maybe being able to use them to simulate onslaught and coordinated attack penalties. Not sure if that's too good, though.

You can. See the second-to-last paragraph.
    You can spend Willpower to attempt a roll, that you're probably not going to make unless you're invested in Survival. Given how thoroughly the Charm screws you over, especially at Essence 4+, you really need to be able to reliably say "no" to it.

You also need to include a clause that you can't reactivate it when the Charm ends via the victim finding their way out three times.

Also probably needs a line saying that you can't reactivate it across planes of existence, because most Charms seem to have things like that.

That would lead you straight to the doors of the Imperial Manse.
    Maaaaybe.

Also, the Daystar is better, so it might just thwap you on the head and tell you to look up.

Your restriction does have merit through.
    Yeah, the problem is that it's universal, and the character doesn't really have to know what they're looking for, despite the description.

How about "Artifacts duplicated by this Charm have the statistics of their closest mundane counterparts. If the artifact has no mundane counterpart, the duplicate is inopperable."?
    Sounds good.

How about "The duplicate's Abilities and Attributes are either the original's trait values or the Infernal's Essence, whichever is lower."
    Also sounds good.

Both of the character is the original. Still, your point is made. Perhaps have the Infernal lose a dot of permanent Essence if the copy dies, much like Immortal Malevolence Enslavement?
    Hm. Might be too much. IME basically makes you immortal as the default, whereas the example I was using was closer to an exploit. Really not sure what the appropriate cost should be for the Charm.

Looking back at it, though, it needs expansion on how the duplicate works. Is it a straight-up copy of you, that has the same traits, but otherwise acts as a separate person? Or do you effectively have two bodies for the duration?

You only get one purchase of Unyielding Argent Bark and alot of the later Charms have 1lhl as part of the cost. I figured some extra health levels were necessary.
    Oh. One purchase? That's kind of useless, then. Not to mention bland. Even more bland then Ox-Body. Really, if this is intended as extra fuel for those Charms, they're better served taking the Ox-Body equivalent that I'm forgetting the name of, which gives you 4 HLs.

I'd do something else with the Charm. Maybe an Overdrive Charm? It's placed right in the Charm tree where one would go.

IIRC, the write-up on Szoreny as a forest in CoCD: Malfeas mentions that the creatures that live within the forest are in Szoreny's thrall. Also, Infernals lack a "Get a Familiar" Charm and I couldn't think of a better Yozi to have it.
    I can imagine a "get a Familiar" Charm for almost every Yozi, but I see your point.

Well, what would you suggest?
    Not sure.

You'd definately need multiple doses from the Infernal to get better. As for if you end up with a half-grown arm, that's more a Storyteller's call.
    Alright.

I was trying to come up with a power to represent Szoreny's stabilizing influence, mentioned in CoCD: Malfeas. Apparently it's too potent, but I can't think of anything that is both lesser and useful.
    Uh. Maybe an analogue of Chaos-Repelling Pattern? That seems appropriate without being too overpowered.

Integrity is about being yourself. What ability could possible be better suited to making someone else be yourself?
    Ah, makes sense.

Larceny is the ability for disquises and sleight of hand. Szoreny's precursor Charms extend that to illusions. Since the Charms just makes an illusion practically real, Larceny stays the ability to use.
    Sounds good.

Perhaps an option for the Exalted to take some amount of Limit instead of the derrangement?
    Yeah. Maybe the difference between the Infernal's Essence and theirs, minimum 1? That lets them resist it while still letting the Infernal drive them towards insanity.

It's mechanically a different flaw, IIRC, and it suits Szoreny. He doesn't like to go all "Fire and Brimstone, Locusts and Sandstorms" on people.
    True. Whatever works, I guess.

This was written before every Yozi Charm set had a Shintai. I'd need to read Broken Wing Crane to get some ideas of what has already been done before I see if anything would suit the Silver Forest.
    Shintais are pretty much "Yozi: The Charm", the culmination of a branch of their Charm tree embodying a particular aspect of that being. They also tend to go waaaaaaaay into the transhumanist bits of the Infernal Charmset.

A Charm about language-transcending messages branching off a Charm about healing crippled limbs. I don't see the connection.
    Uh. I have no idea what I meant there. Just don't give it a prereq?

It still doesn't give you more actions, so it's type isn't Extra-Action. You do make a good arguement for it being more expensive though.
    Right.

Why? With no Charms to spend it on, I don't see the problem with leaving supernatural traits intact.
    Because you don't need Charms to be an Exalted-level combatant. You need Charms to survive Exalted-level combat. If it has all of the same traits as the original, you can make a mook pretty easily who requires a perfect defense to not die against.

Also, interactions of traits exactly like Destiny, which can add dice and such.

Which one?
    Will-Crushing Force.

Last edited by Mr.Bookworm; 2011-06-06 at 03:29 PM.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    (Very) basic outline for warstrider fix is here. I've run out of time to type it up, but it's more developed than it looks.
    First post exposes the basic idea. Comments are welcome!

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Last thing I remember was downloading Team Fortress 2.
    That why you missed my response here?

Cause, I know what that's like. Also, you get my PM about your character?
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #616
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    That why you missed my response here?
    Ah. Yes.

Cause, I know what that's like. Also, you get my PM about your character?
    Didn't get a PM, no.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

Nobody knows the charm I was thinking of? It was basically elemental prestidigitation for dragonbloods...
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #618

Okay, so based on people's responses, I can now do a passable build of "The Nameless Follower". Muwahahahahah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

And White Wolf is down again. Hopefully I won't lose another week of posts this time. Read my Warstrider fix, please?
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-06 at 08:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm back!

Hm.

Power tier of Fair Folk: erratic. Arguably better than Terrestrials at dealing with mortals, comparable or worse combat-wise. Grace Magic gives insane Shaping power, and a rules-hacker can work at (or above) Solar tier, especially at low Essence (where all the Charms exist).

Instant communication is easy! Own Warrior Fair Folk, and chancels. Have your Fair Folk be linked together via Harmonious Primordial Spirit, so that they instantly know what the other wants. Scatter them around, and you have a communication system.

Give your scattered Warriors 1-dot Chancels, and they can transport armies around Creation (and beyond), simply by willing them into existence from and to Elsewhere. This lets you get to the Demon City in exactly 0 time, for what it's worth (well, one action).

Remember to attune to the Heart of one of your Warriors - it'll be utterly loyal to you, and can attune to the Hearts of its fellows. The ensuing pyramid scheme means you only need to commit 1 mote to control as many as you want (so long as they stay out of the Wyld - your Chancels are fine).

Martial Arts: a starting tier Fair Folk noble can give mortals abilities on par with Snake Style, with minimal effort and a collection of 1 and 2 dot artifacts. Sidereal tier is... not inconceivable but calls for 3 dot artifacts and effort. Plus, the noble can grant Awakened Essence to a few tens of thousands of worshipers for breakfast, between two sips of tea. That just opens Terrestrial tier, though.

Mandatory entertainment section: the Wyld extends away from Creation in a very narrow band, less than a hundred waypoints across, before reaching Pure Chaos. This goes completely against the size of Creation (as a ring 3000 miles around it can't be a large fraction of the area), but nevermind. What matters is that the waypoint network goes up.

And Creation is a finite disk - not an infinitely elevated tower. So there is Wyld above the Blessed Isle, and it can be reached.

"So what", you ask, "who cares what happens a few thousand (or tens of thousands) miles overhead? Those silly fey are probably bored stiff, not having any Elemental Poles or mortals to copy."

Well...

Principle of Worlds can create landscapes, up to 30 miles across. These can be made permanent. So there's probably a few (hundred, million, whatever) spheres of brass / wood / stone / diamond lying in Elsewhere storage for the Fair Folk to play with. What happens when a Fair Folk noble goes to the Wyld over the Blessed Isle and drops a few?

Orbital Bombardment, coming now to a Creation near you.

Of course, you can go the other way, and find the Wyld below Creation, from which you can taunt the Neverborn by flitting under them then popping back up. Fine sport, that. Besides, it lets you show off the Assumption of Cerements and Bone.

Why is this relevant? Well, Cerements and Bone is 'aligned' with the underside of Creation. So the overside (where all the terminal velocity nation killer missiles are falling from) is aligned with holiness - and there must be an Assumption for that too...

Time to teach the Fair Folk to play (literal) god, or Sun.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    And White Wolf is down again. Hopefully I won't lose another week of posts this time.
    It's back up now. I don't think anything was lost.
    Satomi by Elagune

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post
    I'm back!

Hm.

Power tier of Fair Folk: erratic. Arguably better than Terrestrials at dealing with mortals, comparable or worse combat-wise. Grace Magic gives insane Shaping power, and a rules-hacker can work at (or above) Solar tier, especially at low Essence (where all the Charms exist).

Instant communication is easy! Own Warrior Fair Folk, and chancels. Have your Fair Folk be linked together via Harmonious Primordial Spirit, so that they instantly know what the other wants. Scatter them around, and you have a communication system.

Give your scattered Warriors 1-dot Chancels, and they can transport armies around Creation (and beyond), simply by willing them into existence from and to Elsewhere. This lets you get to the Demon City in exactly 0 time, for what it's worth (well, one action).

Remember to attune to the Heart of one of your Warriors - it'll be utterly loyal to you, and can attune to the Hearts of its fellows. The ensuing pyramid scheme means you only need to commit 1 mote to control as many as you want (so long as they stay out of the Wyld - your Chancels are fine).

Martial Arts: a starting tier Fair Folk noble can give mortals abilities on par with Snake Style, with minimal effort and a collection of 1 and 2 dot artifacts. Sidereal tier is... not inconceivable but calls for 3 dot artifacts and effort. Plus, the noble can grant Awakened Essence to a few tens of thousands of worshipers for breakfast, between two sips of tea. That just opens Terrestrial tier, though.

Mandatory entertainment section: the Wyld extends away from Creation in a very narrow band, less than a hundred waypoints across, before reaching Pure Chaos. This goes completely against the size of Creation (as a ring 3000 miles around it can't be a large fraction of the area), but nevermind. What matters is that the waypoint network goes up.

And Creation is a finite disk - not an infinitely elevated tower. So there is Wyld above the Blessed Isle, and it can be reached.

"So what", you ask, "who cares what happens a few thousand (or tens of thousands) miles overhead? Those silly fey are probably bored stiff, not having any Elemental Poles or mortals to copy."

Well...

Principle of Worlds can create landscapes, up to 30 miles across. These can be made permanent. So there's probably a few (hundred, million, whatever) spheres of brass / wood / stone / diamond lying in Elsewhere storage for the Fair Folk to play with. What happens when a Fair Folk noble goes to the Wyld over the Blessed Isle and drops a few?

Orbital Bombardment, coming now to a Creation near you.

Of course, you can go the other way, and find the Wyld below Creation, from which you can taunt the Neverborn by flitting under them then popping back up. Fine sport, that. Besides, it lets you show off the Assumption of Cerements and Bone.

Why is this relevant? Well, Cerements and Bone is 'aligned' with the underside of Creation. So the overside (where all the terminal velocity nation killer missiles are falling from) is aligned with holiness - and there must be an Assumption for that too...

Of course, the ceiling of creation is an impenetrable barrier which, if touched, signals the Daystar for an immediate lasering. If the Daystar is down, the moon comes to get you instead.

The sun and the moon have always explicitly been guardians of Creation from the things outside Creation, so don't go trying to avoid that point by saying that you don't like Glories.

So, basically, the bombs would do nothing, and the silly Fae who tried it would cease to exist. Painfully.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Last thing I remember was downloading Team Fortress 2, then there seems to be about a days worth of blank memories, and I just woke up this morning muttering something about a "Chargin' Targe".
    Careful there. Overdosing on videogames can cause side-effects.

More responses:
    Spoiler
    Show

I have no problem with thematic overlap between the Yozis. My problem is, mostly with the first one, is that it doesn't sound a lot like Szorney.

But this is kind of nitpicky, so I'll drop it.
    It seeming to be a problem means I probably need to rephrase things to be more Silver-Foresty. Maybe instead of putting things in terms of conformity, put them in terms of reflecting Szoreny's ideals and so on.

Italicize seeming. Or expand on what you mean by it.
    How about if I make it something like "Szoreny makes his oppenent's successes into their downfall"?

Then you need to spell it out. As it's written, it's a cop-out, not a specific exception.
    I suppose saying that he opposes direct action unless necessary would probably convey my intent better.

True. Though relooking at it, the main problem with this Charm is that it either completely screws you over, or they figure it out, which they will, since it's not hard to pick up on, and then they just stunt from here until now and eternity to completely ignore the Charm.
    And then you reflexively end the commitment and their next stunted social attack is more successful than they want it to be.

Hm. Could be cool. You definitely would need to not just rehash Puissance Mimicry Intuition, though.
    I was thinking of a Charm to let an Infernal use the best Ability of anyone present to determine his Excellency limit instead of his own, up to 5 or his Essence, whichever was highter, and then counting dice bought using Szoreny's Excellency as actual dots in the Ability for the purpose of his Imperfection.

No, I was thinking about maybe being able to use them to simulate onslaught and coordinated attack penalties. Not sure if that's too good, though.
    Well, I think the "Which one am I?" aspect is potentially potent, as it can buy you several rounds without needing to defend at all. Being able to add a potential -5 penalty to every attack? or more? The free unexpected attack for being surrounded? That would be alot.

However, not being able to look like they are attacking will quickly reveal the real you. Bug or feature?

You can spend Willpower to attempt a roll, that you're probably not going to make unless you're invested in Survival. Given how thoroughly the Charm screws you over, especially at Essence 4+, you really need to be able to reliably say "no" to it.

You also need to include a clause that you can't reactivate it when the Charm ends via the victim finding their way out three times.

Also probably needs a line saying that you can't reactivate it across planes of existence, because most Charms seem to have things like that.
    Some good points. Should I still allow people to oppose them with ordinary Survival?

Maaaaybe.

Also, the Daystar is better, so it might just thwap you on the head and tell you to look up.
    I try and ignore the Daystar.

Hm. Might be too much. IME basically makes you immortal as the default, whereas the example I was using was closer to an exploit. Really not sure what the appropriate cost should be for the Charm.

Looking back at it, though, it needs expansion on how the duplicate works. Is it a straight-up copy of you, that has the same traits, but otherwise acts as a separate person? Or do you effectively have two bodies for the duration?
    You effectively have two bodies for the duration. Which can be forever.

Oh. One purchase? That's kind of useless, then. Not to mention bland. Even more bland then Ox-Body. Really, if this is intended as extra fuel for those Charms, they're better served taking the Ox-Body equivalent that I'm forgetting the name of, which gives you 4 HLs.

I'd do something else with the Charm. Maybe an Overdrive Charm? It's placed right in the Charm tree where one would go.
    It's not the number of health levels, it's the penalty they avoid. -4 wound penalties take weeks to heal, even for Exalts. -0 wound penalties? They'll heal in minutes with a few of the healing Charms.

Uh. Maybe an analogue of Chaos-Repelling Pattern? That seems appropriate without being too overpowered.
    Just making the Infernal and those nearby permanently part of Creation? That could work.

Yeah. Maybe the difference between the Infernal's Essence and theirs, minimum 1? That lets them resist it while still letting the Infernal drive them towards insanity.
    With a fixed Willpower cost, I think a fixed Limit cost might be better.

Shintais are pretty much "Yozi: The Charm", the culmination of a branch of their Charm tree embodying a particular aspect of that being. They also tend to go waaaaaaaay into the transhumanist bits of the Infernal Charmset.
    Well, what are the transhumanist elements of Szoreny? Quicksilver sap, silver bark, and lots of branches?

Uh. I have no idea what I meant there. Just don't give it a prereq?
    Yozi trees are well connected. Almost no Charms are isolated. Perhaps attach it to Shifting Quicksilver Visage?

Because you don't need Charms to be an Exalted-level combatant. You need Charms to survive Exalted-level combat. If it has all of the same traits as the original, you can make a mook pretty easily who requires a perfect defense to not die against.
    But what supernatural traits are necessary to make you an Exalted-level combatant? None that I can think of. Charms, Dragon King Paths, and Artifacts make you dangerous, but those are going to be denied to the clones now.

Also, interactions of traits exactly like Destiny, which can add dice and such.
    That's five dice at worst and only if certain specific cicumstances come up. If you can arrange those circumstances, you deserve the dice.

Will-Crushing Force.
    That just saps Willpower as it kills you, not impresses a mental compulsion. Or do I remember the Charm wrong?

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...
    Okay, I've been kicking around a charm idea, but I'd like to get some feedback. These are supposed to be rather last ditch trump cards, or final boss abilities. The Fluff's mostly chopped out of these ones.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Last Measure
    Cost:- Mins:Occult 5, Essence 3 Type:Permanent
    Keywords:None
    Duration:Instant
    Prerequisite charms Terrestrial Circle Sorcery or Shadowlands Circle Necromancy

To use this spell, the caster simply wills the power within themselves to flow freely, as a reflexive, innate ability. Upon doing so, a temporary essence pool forms, filled with 10 motes for each unfilled health level, 5 motes for each level filled with bashing, 2 motes for each level filled with lethal, and 1 mote for each level filled with aggravated. Immediately, the character begins to take shape sorcery or shape necromancy actions, but the actions have -1 speed and +1 DV. The spell must be able to be casted in combat time. After casting the spell, the essence pool vanishes, and the caster also gains Aggravated levels equal to [Circle cast x3]. These levels are an additional cost to using this charm, and thus cannot be soaked or prevented in any way.

Attribute based exalts instead require Intelligence 5. It is open to all beings capable of sorcery except those that use a Yozi or Primordial initiation charm.

Rise Above Your Station
    Cost:- Mins:Occult 5, Essence 4 Type:Permanent
    Keywords:None
    Duration:Instant
    Prerequisite charms The Last Measure

This charm is used in the same manner as The Last Measure, except where noted below. The Mote Pool is filled with 10 motes for each unfilled health level, 7 motes for each level filled with bashing, 5 motes for each level filled with lethal, and 3 mote for each level filled with aggravated. In addition, they regain Temporary willpower equal to their Permanent essence rating. The spell being cast can be one unknown to the caster, or even one the caster could not normally cast. For instance, a Dragonblooded could cast a Celestial Circle spell, as could a Solar with only the Terrestrial Initiation charm. Also, the caster may ignore special timing restrictions on spells; all spells may be cast, and only take up the requisite number of shape sorcery or necromancy actions.

The price for such power is heavy, though. Upon finishing the spell, the caster dies in a violent conflagration of essence. All non artifacts or items not made of the magical materials in the casters possession are destroyed. In addition, all beings within [Essence x 3] yards suffer a [Essence] aggrevated levels of damage as a Trama 5 environmental effect. This is a magical effect, and effects material and immaterial beings equally. The caster's death cannot be prevented, as it is a cost of using the charm. Upon death, their soul does not go to either Oblivion or the Lethe as normal; instead it seemingly unravels. Where it truly goes is unknown. Some sorcerer's report that they sometimes catch glimpses of users of this charm when casting their favored spells.

Attribute based exalts instead require Intelligence 5.This charm is also incompatible with the Yozi or Primordial initiation charms, but as an additional restriction can only be learned and used by Exalts.
    Satomi by Elagune

25. - Top - End - #625
    Troll in the Playground

Gawd today has been hectic. And it's not over yet. Still, I took a few minutes to relax and do some arts, and while I'm still indecisive about some stuff on Rainbow Scourge, I think Pinkie Fiend is now more-or-less to my satisfaction.

Spoiler
    Show

Here is her horrible disembodied skeleton if anyone is interested.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-06-07 at 01:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Troll in the Playground

Shouldn't Pinkie be a Sidereal or Fair Folk? She does ignore the laws of Physics and the fourth wall.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by meschlum View Post

The Underworld is not literally underneath Creation. It's actually in exactly the same place as Creation.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

Beneath Creation is a lot of ground, which has evil things living in it. The Fae would have to fight the underthings for territory.

Granted, not a single one of these things has been statted out, since only one Exalted writer liked them and he left after 1e (yes, that's all just a hypothesis, but I'm sticking with it), so we can't guarantee that the Fae would have a tough time of it.

Of course, the sun and moon also patrol below Creation, so...

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Granted, not a single one of these things has been statted out, since only one Exalted writer liked them and he left after 1e (yes, that's all just a hypothesis, but I'm sticking with it), so we can't guarantee that the Fae would have a tough time of it.

Of course, the sun and moon also patrol below Creation, so...
    Wait, how is it that you can hide from the sun in Creation's underdark, when said sun apparently patrols it? Or was that just an ill-concieved line in Glories of the Most High?

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

It patrols UNDER the underdark, of course. The underdark is big, but not infinite. Unless I've misread something.