New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

It's okay, they're a part of the whole and they understand that since you are a part of the whole, that makes you the whole, which means that you are also them, and thus you are okay with your delusions of grandiosity, because otherwise you wouldn't be having those delusions in the first place.
    BEEP.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... This falls so squarely into that age old fallacy, I don't even have to give a description of why. Fallacy of Composition, read up please. Heck, the example given could exchange "souls" for cells and "primordial" for human and nearly be the argument.

Auto-kun is weird in that we know his fetich (the core) actually does serve as his mind, a situation we don't find among other primordials to the best of my knowledge. But other than that, it's very hard to say that any of his souls are more him than component organs or cells or the like. Basically, they are him, but he is not them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Auto-kun is weird in that we know his fetich (the core) actually does serve as his mind, a situation we don't find among other primordials to the best of my knowledge. But other than that, it's very hard to say that any of his souls are more him than component organs or cells or the like. Basically, they are him, but he is not them.
    I'd imagine (ignoring that it's probably writer error anyway) that the reason why it's like that is because it was more efficient for him to partition his thoughts in such a manner. He's sick, probably a little irritable, and too busy to put up with his souls arguing with each other, so he just cuts most of them out of the loop entirely.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Well, there's the fact that the current rules for Primordial are more like guidelines; yeah, they all have a fetich, except the Empheral Chaos, who had 2. Plus, Holden has said that Gaia wasn't exactly going to follow the rules, either. This method was eventually scrapped in favor of something completely different, but he's said that at one point a full stat-up of Gaia was going to be in Broken Winged Crane. In it, she didn't have a fetich. Instead, she had this weird balance, where each of the Elemental Dragons took on some of that responsibility, giving her a chaotic, unsettled nature. This was was also why she didn't make exalted herself; her nature was too much in flux to properly do it. Instead, her much more stable and cohesive 3rd circle souls we know as the Elemental Dragons did it.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

5. - Top - End - #725
    Troll in the Playground

Other wise, we'd have Celestial level Dragon-Bloods equal in power to the Solars, but as wild and chaotic as a casteless Lunar and able to bend the elements to their wills....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Other wise, we'd have Celestial level Dragon-Bloods equal in power to the Solars, but as wild and chaotic as a casteless Lunar and able to bend the elements to their wills....
    I have no problem with this plan. *nods*
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #727

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Well, there's the fact that the current rules for Primordial are more like guidelines; yeah, they all have a fetich, except the Empheral Chaos, who had 2. Plus, Holden has said that Gaia wasn't exactly going to follow the rules, either. This method was eventually scrapped in favor of something completely different, but he's said that at one point a full stat-up of Gaia was going to be in Broken Winged Crane. In it, she didn't have a fetich. Instead, she had this weird balance, where each of the Elemental Dragons took on some of that responsibility, giving her a chaotic, unsettled nature. This was was also why she didn't make exalted herself; her nature was too much in flux to properly do it. Instead, her much more stable and cohesive 3rd circle souls we know as the Elemental Dragons did it.
    Huh. I always assumed that she didn't make Exalted herself because Sol is the ultimate liar. That sounds sort of like a cop-out, honestly. I mean, sure, there's a history of nature gods with multiple personalities, but having no fetich makes about as much sense as having two. I'm going to assume the logic was destroyed during the Three Spheres Cataclysm.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Banned

Man, all the Primordials sure are Unique Special Snowflakes.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    Huh. I always assumed that she didn't make Exalted herself because Sol is the ultimate liar.
    What? What does Sol have to do with this?
    That sounds sort of like a cop-out, honestly. I mean, sure, there's a history of nature gods with multiple personalities, but having no fetich makes about as much sense as having two. I'm going to assume the logic was destroyed during the Three Spheres Cataclysm.
    How so? I thought the specifics of what exactly a primordial requires are still pretty vague.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

10. - Top - End - #730
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Someone needs to start up a high level, DBZ style action game...
    "Little do you know, but I have developed Hyper-Terrestrial Martial Arts, which allow me to defeat even Celestial-level Exalts!"

"You fool. I don't practice Sidereal Martial Arts... I practice Stage 3 Omni-Sidereal Martial Arts! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

11. - Top - End - #731
    Firbolg in the Playground

Of course, you need to have Mask of Winters bragging about the super attack he deployed that will destroy all of Creation in five minutes... and have him do it for eight sessions straight.

Also, spend a solid three sessions with the circle supposedly fighting Mask of Winters by standing around in one place, all while saying how imperative it is that they must save Creation.

Plus, have the circle and Mask both agree to give this fight their all, and then reveal that Mask of Winters has been avoiding using his arms for that whole segment of fight.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Of course, you need to have Mask of Winters bragging about the super attack he deployed that will destroy all of Creation in five minutes... and have him do it for eight sessions straight.

Also, spend a solid three sessions with the circle supposedly fighting Mask of Winters by standing around in one place, all while saying how imperative it is that they must save Creation.

Plus, have the circle and Mask both agree to give this fight their all, and then reveal that Mask of Winters has been avoiding using his arms for that whole segment of fight.
    So how is this different than normal Exalted?
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    So how is this different than normal Exalted?

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Hey now, that all was the original smoke

The new one is a lot shorter with no filler.

I was thinking more like a high action game.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ettin in the Playground

white
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-06-09 at 12:26 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to assume the logic was destroyed during the Three Spheres Cataclysm.
    It's Exalted. That would actually make a lot of sense.
    "We now rule the world. LOL SCIENCE!"
    "Our bosses need an intervention. KILL MAIM BURN!"
    "So, our ex-bosses are coming back without the madness... KILL THEM IN CASE!"
    "So, we're trapped in hell/notquitedeath. What do we use to get out? THE THINGS THAT KILLED US WITH A NEW PAINT JOB!"

TOTALLY logical.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

17. - Top - End - #737

The new one is a lot shorter with no filler.
    I disagree; it still has plenty of filler, ESPECIALLY during the fight scenes.

Oh, I forgot something: the PCs spend multiple sessions traveling to Nexus, only to come across a fake Nexus inhabited by Fair Folk who want to steal their artifact airship.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "So, we're trapped in hell/notquitedeath. What do we use to get out? THE THINGS THAT KILLED US WITH A NEW PAINT JOB!"
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

I disagree; it still has plenty of filler, ESPECIALLY during the fight scenes.

Oh, I forgot something: the PCs spend multiple sessions traveling to Nexus, only to come across a fake Nexus inhabited by Fair Folk who want to steal their artifact airship.
    Again, a ton of filler was cut. This includes the episodes where they meet the mirror ship, land on faux-namek, and almost all the parts of Goku in space.

And seeing how anime helped influence a lot of Exalted, there isn't much to change. It sounds more like you simply don't like DBZ and nothing I say will change that.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #740

What? What does Sol have to do with this?

How so? I thought the specifics of what exactly a primordial requires are still pretty vague.
    Glories: Luna, while possibly written in that way to depict Luna as somewhat paranoid, says that pretty much no one other than her likes Gaia and are actually afraid of her. I'm assuming this would include Sol since the Geas would still make him subservient to her, and he doesn't have an army of Exalts to back him up anymore. When it came time to power up the blank Exaltations back in the day, I don't have any trouble believing he would use his perfectness to convince Gaia to make inferior ones.

As far as the fetich situation goes, it's supposed to be the single most defining element of a Primordial, so much so that killing it reshapes the whole thing into something else entirely. Gaia not having one both doesn't make sense in that something most certainly is her most defining feature, even if it's specifically that her most defining feature is a constant state of flux; even Oramus has a fetich.

As far as the Empyreal Chaos goes, they're just saying he's a +1 Primordial; I doubt there was any thought behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    TOTALLY logical.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Nice try, but my head was built with paradox-absorbing crumple zones."

I like to imagine that Santa ghost-writes for Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Orc in the Playground

Glories: Luna, while possibly written in that way to depict Luna as somewhat paranoid, says that pretty much no one other than her likes Gaia and are actually afraid of her. I'm assuming this would include Sol since the Geas would still make him subservient to her, and he doesn't have an army of Exalts to back him up anymore. When it came time to power up the blank Exaltations back in the day, I don't have any trouble believing he would use his perfectness to convince Gaia to make inferior ones.
    Actually Sol has an intimacy towards Gaia of Kindness, so I doubt he would react like that. Fittingly he also as an intimacy of Pity towards Autochthon.

22. - Top - End - #742

It sounds more like you simply don't like DBZ and nothing I say will change that.
    I disagree; it's not that I don't like DBZ - what I dislike is that if I decide to sit down and watch Goku fight Freiza, it's going to take hours.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-06-09 at 01:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

I disagree; it's not that I don't like DBZ - what I dislike is that if I decide to sit down and watch Goku fight Freiza, it's going to take hours.
    The fight against Freiza was (originally) the final battle of the series. How long does it take for a high level Exalt to fight the big bad in a game?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

That is oddly reminiscent of every single Exalted combat that I've been in, excluding surprise OHKOs.
    Last edited by Kylarra; 2011-06-09 at 01:21 PM.
    BEEP.

25. - Top - End - #745

How long does it take for a high level Exalt to fight the big bad in a game?
    That's an interesting question.

Let's see, how about when our group took on the Mask of Winters, and all his undead forces, and his Abyssals, and Juggernaut? That took one session.

Unless you're referring to the amount of actual time we spent in combat with Mask of Winters. THAT took about two minutes.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-06-09 at 01:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

How long was the session?

Also, was this the canon mask of winters, or a homebrewed one?
    Satomi by Elagune

27. - Top - End - #747

How long was the session?
    Several hours, but such can be likened to taking on the Ginyu Force, all of Frieza's lesser minions, and Frieza himself in six episodes.

Also, was this the canon mask of winters, or a homebrewed one?
    No clue; I'm no longer on what could be called the "best of terms" with that ST.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-06-09 at 01:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Checking the wiki, the Namek saga took about 35 episodes from the time the blasted off from earth to the wrap up episode. That's an entire "story" for a game of Exalted.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming it's about 20 minutes per episode (which seems fairly standard nowadays once you strip out ad time and the intro/extro), that's about 700 minutes all told, or 12 hours. That's about 3-4 sessions for my groups. Meh.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Compare the original cut where Namek took 70 episodes. I'd call that a significant cut.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show