New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

There are many power blocs in Creation (and nearby realms) that want to destroy it.

The Yozis is not one of them.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Well, there's a wide spectrum between 'going mad from the revelation' and 'being entirely unaffected.'
    Correction: there should be a wide spectrum. I have not seen evidence of this. I have only seen villain Infernals (who are really not much different than villain Abyssals) and heroic Infernals (who are really not at all different from heroic Solars). Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto View Post
    Dem Charms.
    As always, I have problems with anyone choosing to put anything on their character sheet without caring about what it's supposed to represent. It's the same problem that I have with people taking Flaws instead of "taking away points from things that will actually give me a disadvantage". People decide to play regular heroes, but call themselves "Infernals" and do everything they can to downplay actually being at all infernal, just so they can get Charms.

I guarantee you I'd have nothing against Infernals if I ran into Infernals who were actually interesting. But I don't.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

All Infernals are heroes.

It's a prerequisite for becoming an Infernal. You must be heroic.

Also: no, not all Infernals were wusses who chickened out at their moment of glory. Some actually went through with it, and, had there been a Solar Exaltation available, would have Exalted and succeeded.

But there wasn't an Exaltation. Because it was stuck inside a demon at the time. So they failed.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2011-06-29 at 08:06 PM.

Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

again, you don't want Infernals. they are not about pure evil or anything, they are about being weird.

while all the other Exalts are fruits and vegetables, Abyssals are the rotten apple, and Infernals are the wrench. their purpose is not to destroy, or anything like that. they are just supposed to be a wrench in a world of fruit and vegetables, to not fit.

again, I don't think you want Infernals, I think you want Abyssals, they are the ones with all the powers of destruction and messed up evil stuff with crazy alien things who want everything destroyed. The Neverborn are far more alien- cause how can we relate to an insane thing in eternal pain for thousands of years, a pain that can only be ended by our destruction? even the fair folk are more relatable, cause like everyone else, the fair folk just want to be entertained and have a good time.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #995
    Banned

I like that analogy. Rotten apples are very easy to smoosh with a wrench.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Guys, while I personally think your opinions on Infernals and the Yozi are largely misinformed and suffer from heavy confirmation bias in some instances, I want you to know that I still respect your opinions enough to roll over them with a giant katamari ball.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, how did you do this? I must know, so I can do it in the future.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Okay, how did you do this? I must know, so I can do it in the future.
    Just click this link. At the top of the page, there'll be a link that you just drag into the tab bar of your browser that says "Katamari!". Then, whenever you want to play with the Katamari, just click that tab, and it'll make a Katamari on the page you're currently on.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Just click this link. At the top of the page, there'll be a link that you just drag into the tab bar of your browser that says "Katamari!". Then, whenever you want to play with the Katamari, just click that tab, and it'll make a Katamari on the page you're currently on.
    Okay, this is so much fun. Did you know you can run two simultaneous Katamari?

I need to get the PS2 game last week.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Just 2? I had 4 going at the same time
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going back to reclaim my candied locust shop, and I'm going to play Gateway every day.
    I love you so much. ♥♥♥
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    again, you don't want Infernals. they are not about pure evil or anything, they are about being weird.

while all the other Exalts are fruits and vegetables, Abyssals are the rotten apple, and Infernals are the wrench. their purpose is not to destroy, or anything like that. they are just supposed to be a wrench in a world of fruit and vegetables, to not fit.

again, I don't think you want Infernals, I think you want Abyssals, they are the ones with all the powers of destruction and messed up evil stuff with crazy alien things who want everything destroyed. The Neverborn are far more alien- cause how can we relate to an insane thing in eternal pain for thousands of years, a pain that can only be ended by our destruction? even the fair folk are more relatable, cause like everyone else, the fair folk just want to be entertained and have a good time.
    What I want is the causality-warping things that created reality, and who designed a world the remnants of which are confined to the underdark and mysterious incomprehensible catacombs, who don't even exist in a form that humans can comprehend and thus are only visible through their lesser components. I want those things, and the beings they choose as their agents in remaking the world they've been banished from into the Hellscape they once loved. And I never get that. I get manifestations of incredibly anthropomorphic neuroses and the extremely normal people they choose to act like normal people completely independent of the desire of their terribly disappointing masters.

I got what I wanted with Abyssals. The concept of self (and everything else)-destruction as a positive is very much its own thing. I got "humans" that love watching their own guts spill out, who enjoy seeing those who were once their kind be stricken down. I got alien beings so wracked with pain that being NEAR them turns you to their point of view, that everything including yourself must die. But they are not the creatures that created the laws of time and space, and wrote in their own loopholes which transcend human thought. They only reflect that which already is. That is their role.

To make the Lovecraftian comparison, the Shinma are like Azathoth, beings so great in scope that they are essentially mindless. The Fae are like the Hounds of Tindalos, which intersect with our reality in ways that don't really obey the laws of reality. The demons and the Yozis, however, are more comparable to beings like the Elder Things, the Star-Spawn, the Mi-go, and Cthulhu, and the fishmen of Innsmouth. They came first, and we just happen to live in the world we've built on top of what they left. We don't understand them because the knowledge has been lost. But they're still just as horrifying and alien, because humans fall short of being able to understand them. We're inferior creatures that came up on top due to circumstance, and as far as they are concerned, we don't deserve to keep the place.Plus, really, the Broken-Winged Crane is screaming "hey, look, I'm totally the Necronomicon"

The Exalted are, obviously, more than capable of transcending human limits and handing the Yozis...well, their something to them on a platter...of some sort. The platter is probably shaped like a Penrose triangle. I dunno.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Banned

I wonder, crunch-wise supreme, how the Primordials made Creation.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I love you so much. ♥♥♥

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    Literally, no joke, hot Cytherea/Gaia lesbian action. We're never getting official Cytherea charms, so we'll never have definitive rules for it, but the summary we have is "Cytherea has a charm that lets other people use her arbitrarily large mote pool and augment their stuff with her own charms; Gaia had a charm that could make Creation given an arbitrarily large mote pool and other Cytherea stuff."

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Banned

I knew about the lesbian sex, I didnt know Cytherea charms will never be had.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    What I want is the causality-warping things that created reality, and who designed a world the remnants of which are confined to the underdark and mysterious incomprehensible catacombs, who don't even exist in a form that humans can comprehend and thus are only visible through their lesser components. I want those things, and the beings they choose as their agents in remaking the world they've been banished from into the Hellscape they once loved. And I never get that. I get manifestations of incredibly anthropomorphic neuroses and the extremely normal people they choose to act like normal people completely independent of the desire of their terribly disappointing masters.
    Most things really aren't that terrifying once you bring them into the light. Way back when, Cthulhu and his ilk were considered the epitome of horror, but now they're little more than an internet in-joke. See, the thing about the Yozis is that they lost and were horrifyingly mutilated by the Exalted (depending on whose account you're going by of course). They remain titans, but they're mere shadows of what they once were. The King was a cosmic will of such proportions that he was able to invent most of the important things in the setting. Sure, it was Autochthon or whoever else who built them, but it was the Empyreal Chaos who conceived of the ideas in the first place and browbeat everyone else into making them. As Malfeas, he can think of no more than rageragerageragerageragerageragerageragerageragera geragerageragerage. That is the depth to which the Yozis have fallen. The Primordials were vast cosmic principles, and the Exalted broke them; they broke the universe. Thus, what we see of them are mere shells; the Yozis were broken in such a manner that their conquerors could understand them, and the Exalted are petty creatures in comparison, thus the vast lordliness of the King is mirrored to be merely the scorn of a felled tyrant.

Of course, some Yozis retain elements of what they once were, that sort of alien-ness. In fact, most of them remain largely undefined, just as before Infernals was released. The Yozis who have been described are generally those most conductive to the will of humans: broken Malfeas and Adorjan, enthralled Cecelyne and She Who Lives in Her Name, and petty Ebon Dragon. If you truly want to talk about what's left of the eldritch horrors who spawned the cosmos, look to Hegra or Sacheverell (broken though he is), or Oramus. Look to the Neverborn, for even in the madness of their death, they remain truer to their original forms than many Yozi. On the other hand, ignore Autochthon, because he was already a little broken and is vastly moreso after all the time that's passed.

Miracle shells? I always thought those Charms were really silly.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

I had some inspiration today. So, looking through the appropriate passages in the Manual: Infernals and even the Scroll of Errata, I can find no mention of the inability to become a Double Infernal (that is, a Green Sun Prince Akuma). I find nothing wrong with this and assume it was intended.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Banned

Hmm. The only problem with this is that it should be an Infernal Sidereal Exaltation so you can Double Infernal Rainbow.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. The only problem with this is that it should be an Infernal Sidereal Exaltation so you can Double Infernal Rainbow.
    I think if you were an Akuma of Hegra, you could cover that fairly well. Especially if you already had Hegra favored before your Akumaization. You could have Double Hegra.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Banned

Would be an interesting chance to get at some non-Reclamation Yozi charms.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Would be an interesting chance to get at some non-Reclamation Yozi charms.
    Ah, but since a Double Infernal is still technically a Green Sun Prince, does giving him your charm tree via Akumaizing him open that charm set up to everyone?

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Literally, no joke, hot Cytherea/Gaia lesbian action. We're never getting official Cytherea charms, so we'll never have definitive rules for it, but the summary we have is "Cytherea has a charm that lets other people use her arbitrarily large mote pool and augment their stuff with her own charms; Gaia had a charm that could make Creation given an arbitrarily large mote pool and other Cytherea stuff."
    I had some inspiration today. So, looking through the appropriate passages in the Manual: Infernals and even the Scroll of Errata, I can find no mention of the inability to become a Double Infernal (that is, a Green Sun Prince Akuma). I find nothing wrong with this and assume it was intended.
    I think if you were an Akuma of Hegra, you could cover that fairly well. Especially if you already had Hegra favored before your Akumaization. You could have Double Hegra.
    ...STOP BEING SO AWESOME
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Idle question: what would a charm called Prana Method Technique do? What about one called Method Technique Prana?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

You know, Deadman, it really sounds like what you want is the Neverborn, not the Yozis.

And they exist. Totally. GO use them.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    There are many power blocs in Creation (and nearby realms) that want to destroy it.

The Yozis is not one of them.
    Not much of a difference to humans, given several Yozis are likely to want revenge on humanity in general for the indignity the Exalted put them through. That the world keeps going ain't much of a consolation if you've been exterminated, after all .

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    You know, Deadman, it really sounds like what you want is the Neverborn, not the Yozis.

And they exist. Totally. GO use them.
    I have read MoEP: Abyssals and CoCD: Underworld, the 1E Abyssals book, and the Roll of Glorious Divinity II. If the Neverborn were what I wanted to use, I think I'd have that figured out.

What I want is beings who make me think that breaking causality makes perfect sense for them. Beings that consider a thing which vomits forth a home spun from the flesh of other creatures to be incredibly mundane and natural. That's not what the Neverborn are. That's what I was given the impression of when I first read the Exalted Corebook. All I'm saying is that it is what I wanted Yozis to be. I don't find them at all fun without that crazy stuff.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

How viable is this analogy: Abyssals:GSPs::Vampires:Sin-Eaters ?
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urpriest View Post
    How viable is this analogy: Abyssals:GSPs::Vampires:Sin-Eaters?
    I'm not so sure on that analogy, but I've seen myriad fan explanations on how Exalted is the past of the old World of Darkness.

Even my old ST had one, which he absolutely would not let go of.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-06-30 at 10:10 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    What I want is beings who make me think that breaking causality makes perfect sense for them. Beings that consider a thing which vomits forth a home spun from the flesh of other creatures to be incredibly mundane and natural. That's not what the Neverborn are. That's what I was given the impression of when I first read the Exalted Corebook. All I'm saying is that it is what I wanted Yozis to be. I don't find them at all fun without that crazy stuff.
    That's not the Yozi or Neverborn. That's the Fae.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    That's not the Yozi or Neverborn. That's the Fae.
    Part of that's the Yozis. They do seem to view demons as perfectly mundane.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Deadman..... really. the Yozis aren't actually unnatural or anything like that. they are just a bunch of godlike superstructure things that formed out of the Wyld, then got broken.

the Neverborn are the unnatural abominations that should have happened that are enemies against all reality etc etc with Whispers that Drive People Insane, with Nightmarish Abominations Made Out of Flesh, etc etc, with necromantic energy that Should Never Have Happened etc etc, they are the ones for horror and all that.

complaining about things being too human still? well then, tough luck. deal with it. my advice is to learn to live with it and move on.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".