Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    golentan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bottom of a well

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Elemental Lens + Elemental Bolt + Fire Aspect + 1 Mote = 12L Damage?
    Elemental Lens + Refining the Inner Blade (Greatsword) + Fire Aspect = Strength + 22L Damage?

    Is that right? That seems abnormally cheap to get to rocket tag damage levels. The WP cost of Inner Blade might be a bit rough, but other than that it's less than half the attunement cost and even higher damage than the Grand Goremaul.

    Also, would anyone be willing to run an Alchemicals game? I've got a somewhat delusional Jade Industrialist I'd like to play. I don't care if it's autocthonia or post seal breach or what, I'd just like a game that doesn't die.
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Elemental Lens is generally unbalanced. More so when applied to necrotic Charms, since most of them are Abyssal-level in strength.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    golentan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bottom of a well

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Yeah, I saw that note in the description and basically went "Yeah, I'm not even going to think about how crazy that must get."
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned
     
    Qaera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    knightMARE is recruiting for an Alchemicals game right now, in the Recruitment section.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    I had a most terrible idea. It is, sticking to canon, virtually impossible (possibly completely impossible), but it is such a bad idea it won't leave my mind.

    Basically, one of the Solars who escaped the Usurpation somehow survives to the present day and submits himself to Dimming of the Light. What would the result be? How would the Deathlords react? What would his social status in the Underworld be like? What kind of Essence 7+ Abyssal Charms might he invent?
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    golentan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bottom of a well

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    knightMARE is recruiting for an Alchemicals game right now, in the Recruitment section.
    I'd like something with more of a promise of success than I've found with signing up for things in the recruitment threads, but thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Feriority's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    What kind of Essence 7+ Abyssal Charms might he invent?
    Well, I know this is an out-of-left-field theory, but...

    Essence 7+ Solar charms with a more deathy flavor to them?

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lix Lorn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missing her mistress
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Booooooooooooooooo!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Feriority View Post
    Well, I know this is an out-of-left-field theory, but...

    Essence 7+ Solar charms with a more deathy flavor to them?
    The problem is that Essence 7 Solar Charms are usually distinctly Solar, without clear death-aspected analogues. I mean, while there might be a theoretical mirror to Shinmaic Calibration, it would be vastly different from the mirror. Consider that, even at Essence 3, only the most basic Charms, such as perfect defenses, tend to have straight-forward mirrors. While basic effects are likely to remain the same, the more esoteric ones should be distinctly Abyssal.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I had a most terrible idea. It is, sticking to canon, virtually impossible (possibly completely impossible), but it is such a bad idea it won't leave my mind.

    Basically, one of the Solars who escaped the Usurpation somehow survives to the present day and submits himself to Dimming of the Light. What would the result be? How would the Deathlords react? What would his social status in the Underworld be like? What kind of Essence 7+ Abyssal Charms might he invent?
    What precisely does Dimming of the Light do? Does it turn you into a living Abyssal?

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Indon View Post
    What precisely does Dimming of the Light do? Does it turn you into a living Abyssal?
    Well, all Abyssals are living, but yes. Basically, it reverses the Essence of a Solar, making them into an Abyssal without any loss of power. It also binds that particular Exaltation into a Monstrance.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground
     
    ElfMonkGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Well, all Abyssals are living, but yes. Basically, it reverses the Essence of a Solar, making them into an Abyssal without any loss of power. It also binds that particular Exaltation into a Monstrance.
    It's not an Abyssal or Solar charm, I would hope? Because then it'd presumably have a Mirror version!

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    It's a Void Circle spell. Solars cannot cast it themselves.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheCountAlucard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    It also states in the very same book that said spell may not even exist.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    It also states in the very same book that said spell may not even exist.
    No, that's Call the Black Sun, which does a different thing. Dimming of the Light has canonically been used before, after all.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheCountAlucard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    No, that's Call the Black Sun, which does a different thing. Dimming of the Light has canonically been used before, after all.
    Oops, my bad.

    On that note, any bets on how long it takes my PCs to go Heretical?

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Friv's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I had a most terrible idea. It is, sticking to canon, virtually impossible (possibly completely impossible), but it is such a bad idea it won't leave my mind.

    Basically, one of the Solars who escaped the Usurpation somehow survives to the present day and submits himself to Dimming of the Light. What would the result be? How would the Deathlords react? What would his social status in the Underworld be like? What kind of Essence 7+ Abyssal Charms might he invent?
    He would be a Deathlord, but unconstrained by the Passions that force the Deathlords to be shadows of people instead of devastating forces of necrotic doom. In short, he would be a horror the likes of which Creation has never seen.
    Patchwork Magisters - Volume III is now available! You know, if you like that sort of thing.

    Which you do.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    One more question about movement. Can you move and attack/flurry and then continue your move if you still have some left? Say I have 6 yards to move and I want to move to the target smack him and keep moving, sort of like a hit-and-run. Is that a thing?

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    DeadManSleeping's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    I feel like there's a Charm that lets you do that...but I don't think you can hit-and-run in the same action in normal rules.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheCountAlucard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Sure thing: if your movement is a Dash/Jump action, you can even include it in your Flurry! If it's just ordinary movement, then you can move reflexively once per tick, so you could (for your action)...

    1) Move up to opponent.
    2) Flurry him for X attacks as a Speed (whatever) action.
    3) Reflexively move once per tick until your next turn.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Sure thing: if your movement is a Dash/Jump action, you can even include it in your Flurry! If it's just ordinary movement, then you can move reflexively once per tick, so you could (for your action)...

    1) Move up to opponent.
    2) Flurry him for X attacks as a Speed (whatever) action.
    3) Reflexively move once per tick until your next turn.
    So essentially you can use the move action as much as you want as long as you don't go over your yard limit for that tick in total? Awesome
    Last edited by Geigan; 2011-05-20 at 11:24 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Tavar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Question regarding Flurries and extra action charms. I'm correct in surmizing that you can't combine mundane flurries with extra action charms. For instance, making a Dash action and a charm such as Iron Whirlwind or Trance of Unhesitating Speed isn't possible, with the rules in their current state.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheCountAlucard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    Question regarding Flurries and extra action charms. I'm correct in surmizing that you can't combine mundane flurries with extra action charms. For instance, making a Dash action and a charm such as Iron Whirlwind or Trance of Unhesitating Speed isn't possible, with the rules in their current state.
    Pretty much, but that's because Extra Action Charms like Iron Whirlwind Attack and Trance of Unhesitating Speed only allow for certain kinds of actions. If you go with the Adorjan Extra Action Charms, however, you'll find they're much more versatile.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Lochar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    The Snake Style extra action charm works that way too. It gives you actions that can be used for anything.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

    Don't be stupid.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    So I know that somewhere in Creation (Southeast, maybe?) there are those weird black & white hairless monkey/panda people. And I guess Chayans are generally very tall with white hair? Haltans have green hair, and people from the west can have hair of various purple/blue shades.
    So, what else is out there? I'm curious as to what other weird looking (but still valid for Exaltation) people are out there in creation. I guess there was a minotaur or something that Exalted? What else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Kyeudo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Draper, Utah
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    So I know that somewhere in Creation (Southeast, maybe?) there are those weird black & white hairless monkey/panda people. And I guess Chayans are generally very tall with white hair? Haltans have green hair, and people from the west can have hair of various purple/blue shades.
    So, what else is out there? I'm curious as to what other weird looking (but still valid for Exaltation) people are out there in creation. I guess there was a minotaur or something that Exalted? What else?
    Anything and everything. There are batmen, lizardmen, the dune people, the people of the air, birdmen, mole people, and more. If you can imagine it, it probably exists in Creation.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyeudo View Post
    Anything and everything. There are batmen, lizardmen, the dune people, the people of the air, birdmen, mole people, and more. If you can imagine it, it probably exists in Creation.
    But are all of those capable of Exalting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheCountAlucard's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Most of them, yes. An Exaltation's likely to go for an unmutated host, but a heroic soul's a heroic soul, so you may well have one of the weirder ones Exalt.

    Now, you'll want to note that Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, neither of those can Exalt.

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Yuki Akuma's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Land of Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Protip: any human has a chance of Exalting. Wyld barbarians, People of the Air/Dunes/Etc. and beastmen are all human.

    That "Minotaur" who Exalted was just a Lunar.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

    Dreamer Pony is by Akrim.elf.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Baiyan, God of Joy, by GryffonDurime, while the C.U.T.E Scardycat and Dreamer are by Tomb Raven.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground
     
    The Rose Dragon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    That "Minotaur" who Exalted was just a Lunar.
    He could have been a bull-man, though.
    I use black for sarcasm.


    Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

    If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •