New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Gensh View Post
    So about that whole "no time travel" rule...Assume that during the First Age, Solar Jack got bored and invented a form of sorcery based on creating a swirl of essence that condenses down into a ring singularity (since according to Ink Monkeys, creating black holes is a Solar theme ). Now, let's say that during the present, Solar Jack remembers that he created a singularity in a certain way and duplicates the process, creating a wormhole. Assuming First Age Jack doesn't notice what's going on because he has better things to do, what are the implications of a party of one Solar, two Lunars, an Abyssal, and an Alchemical going back to the end of the First Age? Note that Solar Jack is an NPC who will be making sure the gate doesn't close on the party.
    Really? Hm. I thought how it went was Solar Jack was a first age Solar who got banished to the future by the Ebon Dragon, to after the Return of the Scarlet Empress, and now he has to get back to the past. Or am I thinking of something else? =P
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-07-12 at 08:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

All right, Neon Knight, that wins an Internet from me.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

well maybe Solar Jack got cryogenized or something and has to find a way back? like doing some crazy thing with the Wyld?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The point is that while you are in a normal time-stream, you can use demon-summoning to send information to your past self, who can then use that information to undo the future. You can't go back to before you created the chancel-phone booth though, so far as I can see.
    Apparently, all methods for getting information across Cecelyne in less than five days are getting slated for errata according to one of the freelancers.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Apparently, all methods for getting information across Cecelyne in less than five days are getting slated for errata according to one of the freelancers.
    think of it as more like relativity- five days both ways, its all happening at the same time, it just takes five days for time to catch up with itself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #1446

I am not sure what you mean by that, but it really isn't very complicated.

stuff happens in Malfeas and outside of Malfeas as normal, it just takes anything five days to go from or to Malfeas, no matter how fast you go, because Cecelyne is infinite but isn't allowed to be longer than five days travel wide.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Really? Hm. I thought how it went was Solar Jack was a first age Solar who got banished to the future by the Ebon Dragon, to after the Return of the Scarlet Empress, and now he has to get back to the past. Or am I thinking of something else? =P
    Don't forget his sword, a white jade daiklave forged with the power of all the incarnae.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

8. - Top - End - #1448

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Bluh. I can't believe I didn't realize that was going to come up.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Not really - you're getting information about something you're going to do in five days, which you can then muck up by dying. The main point against time travel in Exalted is to give decisions permanence by preventing the ability to just go back and perfectly fix things so the colossal screwups never happened.
    Can you muck it up by dying, though? Because I thought the thing with demon summoning was that the demon would only start the five-day journey if it was absolutely going to be summoned. If you mucked it up by dying, then the demon wouldn't have started travelling in the first place... unless someone else were to summon that exact demon in your place, I suppose?

I thought I remembered reading about first-age Solars experimenting with selecting random demons for summoning, monitoring them five days ahead of time, and then just before summoning them, flipping a coin to determine whether or not they would summon that particular demon, and the only ones that started moving ahead of time were the ones that ended up getting summoned. Something like that.

EDIT: Although I guess what you're saying is that if you-in-the-past is monitoring a demon that you-five-days-from-now successfully summons, you-in-the-past would see that demon start to move, and so you could conclude that you-five-days-from-now successfully summoned that demon, so you-in-the-past might make some decision based on that information, which ends up with you-in-the-past dying, thus paradoxing up the place. But if that happened, then wouldn't the demon retroactively not make the five day journey, so that you couldn't make that decision to-

Big ball of wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey... stuff.
    Last edited by DragonSinged; 2011-07-12 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

So. You know, in the morning, you just want some delicious bacon? But, honestly, no one can quite make it like you can, and you're still half asleep. This charm is your solution.

Makin Bacon Prana.
    Cost: - (1m) Mins:Craft 1, Essence 1; Type: Permanent
    Duration: Permanent
    Prerequisite Charms: None

As an innate power the Solar can spend one mote in order to gain one die on the
    roll to make breakfast. If he used an excellency, halve it's cost per die. If it in he used Craftsman Needs No Tools, he counts as cooking it in a Factory Cathedral. He does need the actual food to make it.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

11. - Top - End - #1451

Quote Originally Posted by Tavar View Post
    So. You know, in the morning, you just want some delicious bacon? But, honestly, no one can quite make it like you can, and you're still half asleep. This charm is your solution.

Makin Bacon Prana.

roll to make breakfast. If he used an excellency, halve it's cost per die. If it in he used Craftsman Needs No Tools, he counts as cooking it in a Factory Cathedral. He does need the actual food to make it.
    Does that actually help cook in any way?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #1452

Yes. Normally you suffer penalties for not having the appropriate tools for crafting. For artifact crafting, even CNNT has penalties - you need a factory-cathedral; as such, if you want to make artifact bacon, having a factory-cathedral helps.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

Makin Bacon Prana.

No Epic Meal Time reference? Disappointment.

~

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Makin Bacon Prana.

Principle Invoking Onslaught will turn your alarm clock into so many resource dots of bacon.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

You do get bonuses for superior tools.
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    Satomi by Elagune

16. - Top - End - #1456

You do get bonuses for superior tools.
    But...factory cathedral!
    Builds giant robots!
    Is not kitchen!
    Confused sentence fragments!

Would probably be some awesome bacon though.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

But...factory cathedral!
    Builds giant robots!
    Is not kitchen!
    It can also add bonuses to (and can automate the process of) cooking, which falls under Craft (Water). Yes, each Factory Cathedral is equipped with a giant laser whose only purpose is to make magic gumbo.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Principle Invoking Onslaught will turn your alarm clock into so many resource dots of bacon.
    Which is either a lot of bacon or the best, most expensive bacon you can imagine. Either way, I approve heartily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Which is either a lot of bacon or the best, most expensive bacon you can imagine. Either way, I approve heartily.
    Your heart, however, does not.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Your heart, however, does not.
    Defilers have other means of dealing with that.

EDIT:

Peer Shielding Umbilicus
    Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 4; Type: Reflexive
    Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
    Duration: Indefinite
    Prerequisite Charms: Pattern Reassertion Touch, Mind-Hand Manipulation

A thin stream of white essence floats from the Warlock's heart to one willing being within range of their Mind Hand Manipulation charm. So long as the spent motes remain committed, and the target remains within range, they receive the same restorative benefits as your Ego Infused Pattern Primacy charm and any effects that modify it. While this charm is active, you may not make telekinetic attacks or clinches with your Mind-Hand Manipulation charm.

A second purchase at Essence 6 increases the number of subjects that may targeted by this charm to (Infernal's Essence). Each effected subject requires a separate commitment of motes, and one target being outside of your range does not prevent the others from receiving aid. As long as you have at least one less target covered than your possible maximum, you are free to make telekinetic attacks with Mind-Hand Manipulation.
    Last edited by Xefas; 2011-07-12 at 10:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

But...factory cathedral!
    Builds giant robots!
    Is not kitchen!

It gives bonuses higher than perfect tools.

Plus Factory Cathedrals can be made with several specifications. Craft(water) is certainly in bounds.
    Satomi by Elagune

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

This reminds me of the DM in my first ever Exalted game, who made sure to hand us Useless Charms for free periodically, which we'd design. You know, stuff like this. I'm sure if it was out at the time one of us would have had Crisped Tuber Devouring Method or similar.
    Asok: Shouldn't we actually be working?
    And then Asok was thrown out of the car.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

But...factory cathedral!
    Builds giant robots!
    Is not kitchen!

Artifact.
    Bacon.

In fact, why not - bacon warstriders.

It's a well-kept secret that bacon is not only the most powerful magical material, but anybody can attune to it. The only reason you don't see more bacon daiklaves and bacon armor is that not even the UCS has the willpower to not eat the bacon before using it for anything.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Yellow Jade resonates with the element of bacon. Distilling enough to create an artifact from it involves the congealed grease of several tons of bacon, melted with heat reflected from occult mirrors.

The few times in the past when an Exalted craftsman has accidentally made a few scraps of Yellow Jade, its been because of the bacon grease on their hands distorting the Jade-forging process.

The element of bacon obviously comes from Gaia's aspect of longing for her lost love (you know the one I mean).

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

ROYAL SOULSTEEL BACONSTRIDER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Vicoden + Lack of sleep induced thought: Does Creation have toilet paper?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Vicoden + Lack of sleep induced thought: Does Creation have toilet paper?
    //The Dear Cearr section of the Malfeas Gazette

Dear puny filth-concerned mortal,
    ....Cearr often feels similar vexation during his prolonged stints in Creation. Whereas the Demon City benefits from a ubiquitous waste disposal and general plumbing system constructed in the hallowed forges of the Green Sun, fueled by the disgust of cleanliness spirits bound into its design, Creation is comparatively savage. However, while drawn into your wretched, traitorous world, Cearr has found a nearly as satisfactory solution in using any nearby Dragonblooded for sanitation purposes.

Hope this has improved your petty, insignificant day.
    Sincerely yours, Cearr

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    //The Dear Cearr section of the Malfeas Gazette

Dear puny filth-concerned mortal,
    ....Cearr often feels similar vexation during his prolonged stints in Creation. Whereas the Demon City benefits from a ubiquitous waste disposal and general plumbing system constructed in the hallowed forges of the Green Sun, fueled by the disgust of cleanliness spirits bound into its design, Creation is comparatively savage. However, while drawn into your wretched, traitorous world, Cearr has found a nearly as satisfactory solution in using any nearby Dragonblooded for sanitation purposes.

Hope this has improved your petty, insignificant day.
    Sincerely yours, Cearr
    Waste disposal? General plumbing? I think what you actually mean is Sesseljae.

...spend most of their lives scouring the bodies of the Yozies of those things that might eventually build up enough to cause harm to their masters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

29. - Top - End - #1469

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSinged View Post
    Waste disposal? General plumbing? I think what you actually mean is Sesseljae.
    That, and Gnimersalt.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

Has anyone here played Weapons of the Gods? My favorite gaming podcast mentioned it as having a similar feel to Exalted with some very nice-sounding mechanics to back it up. I typically trust them, but was looking for a little more input before I commit to purchasing/reading/playing it. As I understand it, it is quite the dense book.