New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Now, you'll want to note that Dragon Kings, Mountain Folk, neither of those can Exalt.
    but a guy mutated to look like a dragon king or mountain folk can.

you can also have a Solar with angel wings, so you can go around being an angelic Exalted superhero. Won't do anything for your inconspicuousness but there are, playing an angel.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    but a guy mutated to look like a dragon king or mountain folk can.

you can also have a Solar with angel wings, so you can go around being an angelic Exalted superhero. Won't do anything for your inconspicuousness but there are, playing an angel.
    That is, you'd be a Solar Person of the Air. It's happened before - at least, Bright Shattered Ice had wings.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    That is, you'd be a Solar Person of the Air. It's happened before - at least, Bright Shattered Ice had wings.
    Those are Wings of the Raptor. Bright Shattered Ice Exalted long before the People of the Air were created, anyway.

But, yeah, anything with a hun and a po can become an Exalted.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I've got a lunar making beastmen in a one of those high-elemental manses in hopes of making an army of beast-dragon-blooded....
    BEEP.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I've got a lunar making beastmen in a one of those high-elemental manses in hopes of making an army of beast-dragon-blooded....
    That's... totally not going to work.

Unless the beastmen are made using Dragon-Blooded stock, in which case the manse is utterly pointless (not that it has a point now).
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    That's... totally not going to work.

Unless the beastmen are made using Dragon-Blooded stock, in which case the manse is utterly pointless (not that it has a point now).
    I assume it would be with dragonblood stock, and (IIRC in Oadenol's Codex) it's stated that being in an elementally aspected manse during conception and birth gives bonuses to the die roll for children to exalt.

So it totally could work.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Specifically, Dragon's Nest is a Manse trait that increases the occurrences of a particular element in the manse. If one parent is a Dragon-blooded, the child gets +1 bonus to see whether he will Exalt if he is conceived within the manse, which increases to +2 if he is brought to term there. It also guarantees the Aspect if he Exalts.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Yes to the last two posts.
    Makes it for an exaltation chance on a 1-5 rather than a normal 1-3 for just knocking up DBs.

Completely unrelated, is there a fast gestation//training charm anywhere? I'd like to know before someone else finds it.
    Last edited by Kylarra; 2011-05-21 at 10:47 AM.
    BEEP.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Banned

Makes it for an exaltation chance on a 1-5 rather than a normal 1-3 for just knocking up DBs.

Completely unrelated, is there a fast gestation//training charm anywhere? I'd like to know before someone else finds it.
    Check GotMH: Luna for that, or Kimbery iirc.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Shoulda taken the Dragon-blooded heritage merit. Would make it 1-6.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

There are several Lunar fertility Charms, but none of them shorten the gestation time. I cannot find any canonical Kimbery Charms about birthing things, though there is one that summons sea-related behemoths and monsters. Your best bet is to spend the gestation time in a Frozen Ripple Lair, and return shortly before the birth.
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

If you take the charm that lets you wyld-shape a fantastical world in elsewhere, you can make the manse there.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Shoulda taken the Dragon-blooded heritage merit. Would make it 1-6.
    Technically it's not my character, and I only approve merits on a case by case basis. Good to know though.
    BEEP.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

That Charm doesn't allow you to create magical things in your hideout, though.
    I use black for sarcasm.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

It can do anything Wyld-Shaping can do. You just can't take it out again. But while it's there, it's real.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    That Charm doesn't allow you to create magical things in your hideout, though.
    Yep, I believe that requires solar level magic. Though here's a question: Could you create, say, a landscape of pure silver and then use thaumaturgical rituals to make it into moonsilver, for example?

Edit: Okay, pointless if you can't take things out. NM.
    Last edited by golentan; 2011-05-21 at 11:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

It can do anything Wyld-Shaping can do. You just can't take it out again. But while it's there, it's real.
    It can only create land, wealth and people. It cannot create artifacts and demesnes. And since there is no natural geomancy in your hideout, you cannot create a demesne naturally.
    I use black for sarcasm.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

...well that needs errata.

Although the implication is the land comes with whatever it would normally have. Forests come with animals, so land comes with essence lines.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

...well that needs errata.

Although the implication is the land comes with whatever it would normally have. Forests come with animals, so land comes with essence lines.
    Land doesn't come with Essence lines naturally, nor does Wyld-Shaping Technique automatically create living beings if there are none. Though it does need errata anyway, considering the changes to Wyld-Shaping Technique.
    I use black for sarcasm.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Land doesn't come with Essence lines naturally, nor does Wyld-Shaping Technique automatically create living beings if there are none. Though it does need errata anyway, considering the changes to Wyld-Shaping Technique.
    Yes it does. Holden said that if you make a forest, it'll come with animals.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

So, say Solar A gets attacked by the Wyld hunt and kills the lot of them, and Dragonbloods A, B, & C had Hearthstones on them. Are these Hearthstones actually of any use to Solar A? I mean, you can't attune to them without attuning to the Manse first, and I don't think you could use them to power Celestial Battle Armor or Warstriders or anything without attuning to them first. So, are they good for crafting or sacrificing or something like that? Or are they just basically pretty baubles without some way of figuring out where the manse is, then travelling to the manse (which is likely in Realm controlled territory if they were wielded by the Wyld hunt) to attune to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

I see no reason why you couldn't use them to power magitech, but there are no other real benefits (they still emit motes but those motes can't be grabbed by the exalt, or at least I think that's how it works). I could be completely wrong.

Also, you could probably build some sort of automated hearthstone cracker to use them as null-magic grenades.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry if I have a lot of questions. This time it's about Lunars. The true form sidebar particularly on page 129 in their manual. It says that true forms "break the rule" on dice limits. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this right. Does that mean that the spirit form's attributes are the new limits for the excellencies? And another one about that third excellency. Since it can add dice to static values, does that apply to soak? I swear I saw something contradicting it somewhere, but that might have been about stunts.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I see no reason why you couldn't use them to power magitech, but there are no other real benefits (they still emit motes but those motes can't be grabbed by the exalt, or at least I think that's how it works). I could be completely wrong.

Also, you could probably build some sort of automated hearthstone cracker to use them as null-magic grenades.
    See, I was wondering about that, but the thing is that (At least on Celestial Battle Armor) the Hearthstone that powers the armor has to go into one of it's three Hearthstone sockets, and in the core book, page 382, it says "When an Exalt is attuned to a manse, places that manse's hearthstone into an item made with one of the five magical materials and then invests Essence in the item to attune it to himself, the hearthstone resonates as well. Such a resonant hearthstone has a benefical effect on the Exalt who carries it."

I could be wrong, but this indicates to me that you probably need to be attuned to a Hearthstone in order for it to provide benefit, such as powering magitech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grifter, character in game I'm GMing
    I was fine in Kingsfort until I met you guys. This looking for immortality thing is gonna get me killed!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
    Sorry if I have a lot of questions. This time it's about Lunars. The true form sidebar particularly on page 129 in their manual. It says that true forms "break the rule" on dice limits. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this right. Does that mean that the spirit form's attributes are the new limits for the excellencies? And another one about that third excellency. Since it can add dice to static values, does that apply to soak? I swear I saw something contradicting it somewhere, but that might have been about stunts.
    While you're in your spirit form, yes, your cap is the higher of your base or spirit form's attributes and the increase doesn't count as a dice against your limit.

Third Stamina Excellency can add to soak. In fact soak is explicitly mentioned in the sidebar about attribute excellencies.

Stunts cannot add to soak though, yes.
    Last edited by Kylarra; 2011-05-21 at 03:47 PM.
    BEEP.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Third Stamina Excellency can add to soak. In fact soak is explicitly mentioned in the sidebar about attribute excellencies.
    First and Second can. Third can't, considering it is neither a static rating nor rolled.
    I use black for sarcasm.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Wait, soak isn't static? Not even natural soak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Erotic Fantasy
    Love Life of an Ooze: One ooze. Idiot hits ooze. Two oozes.
    If you use a blood-based McGuffin in a campaign with a vampire PC, plan for what will happen when said PC sticks it in his mouth.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

First and Second can. Third can't, considering it is neither a static rating nor rolled.
    Huh, if you say so. I've always considered it a static rating personally, but okay.
    BEEP.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teln View Post
    Wait, soak isn't static? Not even natural soak?
    It is an unrolled use of Stamina, which is distinct from static ratings. It is static in the colloquial sense, but it's not a static value. Static values are, in each case, the sum of more than one trait, halved.
    I use black for sarcasm.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Bugbear in the Playground

Been having a random thought and I'm wondering - does coffee exist anywhere in Creation? And if so, would an Exalted Barista be as bad as I imagine?
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn