New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

This is the second best way to end the story ever. The very best way would be
    Spoiler
    Show
    The CMC are unable to find the book. Upon inspection, Twilight Sparkle discovers the last pony on file to have checked it out (about 2 hours ago). She falls to the ground laughing hysterically.

After a couple beats, the CMC ask what's so funny. Her response?

"oh my gosh! Mirriam?!?! Bwa-hahahahahaha!"

Because it's my money damnit.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-23 at 04:25 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

And now for a musical interlude, if you will Octavia. (Have these been posted before? If not, they should have been)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_U25pysks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifyB8b3xxM

Without the Mane cast's intervention, the Gala would instead of have ended when Octavia, a couple of glasses of punch the wrong side of giving a damn, decided to play this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FzKqA9n-mo

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    And now for a musical interlude, if you will Octavia. (Have these been posted before? If not, they should have been)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo_U25pysks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifyB8b3xxM

Without the Mane cast's intervention, the Gala would instead of have ended when Octavia, a couple of glasses of punch the wrong side of giving a damn, decided to play this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FzKqA9n-mo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7YmHcnmAG4 Alternately... (I'll have to give 'em a listen later)
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well hey, I understand raw, primal fear. I'm just... I fail to see how someone as coherent as you would allow it to become a fear, is all. there is a point where rationalization can help one overcome phobias.

What really gets me though, and why I bring it up at all, is that your worst nightmare is, in my eyes, the definition o human potential. You are limited by your own constraints, yes, but each mask can build a better mask in turn. One can have multiple false identities (though false identity is rare; we pick up and design masks for ourselves based on what we want to be) and the counterpoint of each persona becomes a nodality. It is a system of infinite progress, infinite becoming, infinite ascension.

I also think it's rare for a person to develop their own masks. Instead, we each pick behaviors to shape the masks that others build for us; a mask is only external, so it is a construct of socialization more than of ones own making.

-

Irrational fear though, huh? Mine is/was zombies (I'm mostly over it, to the point of having a zombie dream I loved*), and I mean like actual, crippling phobia. Couldn't go near windows. Still worry when I get up some mornings that one of mycats will knock aside the blinds, and then a lumbering cadaver will smash through my patio window. One day I just thought "what if zombies were real?" and spent six hours afraid to breathe until I fell back on the God's Great Plan(tm) defense.

Man, I could have sworn this was coherent when I first structured it. I guess I need sleep more than I thought; I am rambling. Lemme know if the point of his got across, aye?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, I am a man who knows well the value of false identities and reinventing oneself. When that pony personality test went around a couple of weeks back and I answered all the questions honestly? Twilight Sparkle. My own inherent instincts are deeply antisocial, analytical, unemotional, logical and contemptuous of irrationality and silliness. Wouldn't be able to pick that, aye? I've worked super hard on breaking those habits.

Seeing that Twilight Sparkle result actually spooked me a fair bit, to the point where I didn't post my response.

The mask, though, the Arcani mask represents the wrong side of that reinvention. It's when you become someone you don't want to be. When you commit personality suicide. Where you give up everything you to be the person other people want to see.

Thing is, the idea fascinates me as much as it terrifies me, to the point where I've basically adopted the symbol as my totem. I use variations of that picture everywhere as avatars, desktop wallpapers and the like. I've had commissions done of it. I'm looking into having an actual real-life replica of the mask made.

Hey, it worked for Batman.

This is the second best way to end the story ever. The very best way would be
    Spoiler
    Show
    The CMC are unable to find the book. Upon inspection, Twilight Sparkle discovers the last pony on file to have checked it out (about 2 hours ago). She falls to the ground laughing hysterically.

I was going to have Twilight go into detail about x and y chromosomes, genetics, recessive genes and all the most boring bits of biology class but this is seriously excellent
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-23 at 04:48 AM.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

*headscratch* Um... who's Mirriam?

"What are we without honor, or friends?"
    Mistress of *Squee*
    Write now.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riv Sonata View Post
    *headscratch* Um... who's Mirriam?
    Fanon middle name for Dash, as in Rainbow Mirriam Dash.

Originates from DBC's fabulous Fair Feathered Friends fanfic, iirc.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Lix Lorn is sad... Ok. Fluttershy, get in the box.
    FS: um, I'm sorry but do I know you?
    ME: no time for that, box please!
    FS: I-I... I don't wantto get in any boxes...
    ME: c'mon, just GET IN THE BOX!
    FS: ... NO YOU GET IN THE BOX! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, TRYING TO KIDNAP PONIES EVEN IF ONLY TO... *reads box* SHIP THEM TO A FRIEND! <<*stare*>>
    ME: ... Yes Fluttershy of course okay okay I'll get in the box just put that look away geeze

*Derpy mail shipping montage*

Boy, I hope I get there soon.

Hmmm? Derpymail for me?
    (opens box)
    IT'S ALL I EVER WANTED! (squeezehug, tears)

What? What day is it? Friday already? HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN IN THIS BOX?! Liiiiix, let me ooouuut!!!

*muffled mumbling from under cloak*

... Right. Let us out!
    ...TWO of you? Sorry I took so long?! (squeesqueecuddle)
    ...who's the other one?

Isn't the Queen of Shipping actually Lix Lorn? Or did she step down upon declaring herself minion only?
    I'm a queen, but a very non-dominant one. IYKWIM. >//>

Better than hyperequinia. After long enough it becomes hyerequinitis, and well... I'm sure we all know what happens when your over-pony is swollen.
    i aM tHe OveRPonY. aLl shALL seE Me and LovE mE. aLl shAll be One and aLl shALl OBeY.

[color="darkgreen"]This is the second best way to end the story ever. The very best way would be
    Spoiler
    Show

You missed a trick.
    The book: 'by phoekun, collected from experience'
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Kewl. All I ask? Imply that Dash never actually learned it. You don't have to openly say it. I just find the idea that the most shipped pony in ponydom has no idea what sex is amusing beyond words.
    I'm pretty sure I would be unable to stop laughing after reading this fic.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

I've never read (never even been interested in reading) fanfic but I think I will have to read this one.

"What are we without honor, or friends?"
    Mistress of *Squee*
    Write now.

10. - Top - End - #490

Quote Originally Posted by Riv Sonata View Post
    I've never read (never even been interested in reading) fanfic but I think I will have to read this one.
    Gonna give it a shot on Wednesday

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

EqDaily is hitting 7 million soon. Just like how this thread accelerated to page 17 in two days.

Bronies. They honestly scare me sometimes.

EDIT: And people are requesting clopfic of my crossover. This day just got alot weirder.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-23 at 07:20 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    EDIT: And people are requesting clopfic of my crossover. This day just got alot weirder.
    You posted Mass Effect fanfic on the internet. What were you expecting?

13. - Top - End - #493

EqDaily is hitting 7 million soon. Just like how this thread accelerated to page 17 in two days.

Bronies. They honestly scare me sometimes.

Yeah, it's positively crazy how fast things are moving, especially considering the last episode was two weeks ago. I dunno if this will sustain itself in, say, August or September, but we'll see.

Ahh...yes, Well, if it helps, you're not the only one who has had clopfic requests about a story.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

You posted Mass Effect fanfic on the internet. What were you expecting?
    Touche.

I can already see Liara's fans lining up to see her and Twilight getting in on the action.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

MISTED STAGE TIME NOW WITH PHOEBONDAGE

I literally just banged out about a quarter of that, so feel free to tell me how awful it is and how you're missing my wit from the first chapter where'd that talented writer go?

And for those of you who haven't started reading yet, why haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    There are currently 37 fics waiting for review. I don't know which one is yours, but I swear we're working on it all as fast as we can. We're only ponies, us pre-readers.
    Query: if you tell Thanqol Sethisto my story is awesome when it's submitted, will it get auto-posted? Because if you do, I'll owe you a fic.

Not that I really believe you'd be susceptible to bribery.

Basically, my worst nightmare.
    Funny thing is? That sounds like one of my own memetic concepts. I'm not sure I'd call it my worst nightmare, but it's followed me around for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    Except instead of a mask, it wears a bleached-white deer skull. It wears chainmail and furs and there's nothing behind the skull. And it's hunting me.

...I run a lot in my dreams.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Princess Celestia,
    Report from the Giants in the Playground Thread
    Day 15
    It is worse than we feared. The first week with no new episode to keep them placated resulted in an attempt to harvest the organs of their fellows in search of love, clearly feeling a lack of it in their lives due to the lack of episodes. Week two has seen things degenerate to shipping, bondage and pictures of filly Octavia. I fear what will happen over the course of these long months.

Let me sumarize my findings:
    No pony on TV makes humans something something.
    I'm still working on it.
    Your loyal servant,
    Darthbobcat

Dear Darthbobcat,
    I believe what you're looking for is "go crazy?"

From,
    Princess Celestia.

Dear Princess Celestia,
    DON'T MIND IF I DO! A;LSKJGTPASDOFJAPSOEIJFPAOFJFAPOFINGPAWEOUI
    Signed,
    Wonko the Sane.
    Week 15:

They are coming.

The mods. The mod-drums ring out in the deep. But we still have kpenguin on our side, and Phoe. They will never take us alive.

The pony is all we have now. All hail the pony. The pony makes us strong. The pony gives us words. They are coming to take this from us. Raise up the battleflags. Fight for the pony.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    You missed a trick.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-23 at 09:19 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

16. - Top - End - #496

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    MISTED STAGE TIME NOW WITH PHOEBONDAGE

I literally just banged out about a quarter of that, so feel free to tell me how awful it is and how you're missing my wit from the first chapter where'd that talented writer go?
    It's like someone took my favourite author and gave him a lima bean injection to the biggest artery in his forehead. There are still traces of that wit he used to possess in there, but it's scrambled by the beans that rattle around in his brain and transform his grey matter into unpalatable sludge. I can almost smell the scent of composting creativity. The worst chapter yet. Somehow retroactively ruins the previous ones. Two stars. Out of four.

I will actually read it tomorrow when I have room for anything but this speech and this bloody assignment in my forehead. Something to look forwards to!

Query: if you tell Thanqol my story is awesome when it's submitted, will it get auto-posted? Because if you do, I'll owe you a fic.

Damn it, how did you know I was secretly the pony blogmaster? Was it my wit? My charm? The multiple Trixie updates? I MUST KNOW!

Funny thing is? That sounds like one of my own memetic concepts. I'm not sure I'd call it my worst nightmare, but it's followed me around for a while.

Spoiler
    Show
    Except instead of a mask, it wears a bleached-white deer skull. It wears chainmail and furs and there's nothing behind the skull. And it's hunting me.

...I run a lot in my dreams.
    My dreams tend to operate almost embarassingly like video games, and have ever since during one nightmare a few years back I somehow said "THAT'S NOT HAPPENING YOU'RE NOT REAL LA LA LA LA". The Pinkie Pie solution, I guess? And after that, my dreams have never been as vivid again, for good or bad.

Except when that mask shows up.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

Damn it, how did you know I was secretly the pony blogmaster? Was it my wit? My charm? The multiple Trixie updates? I MUST KNOW!
    Um, er, it was just a slip of the tongue! Yeah! It's not like I think about you all the time or anything, no, not at all. I just said the wrong word, that's all. It wasn't a Freudian slip, I'm telling you!

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Pony comic update!
    DoesNotPlayWellWithOthers.
    I'm not gonna link it because it's very not-appropriate in places, but the most recent one had Dr-Whooves.
    ...and Chellpony.
    Also, found in an official article on the Magic the Gathering site!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, hey, hey!

Friendship is magic, right?

Spoiler
    Show

Probably a repost, but I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS THREAD!
    Truth resists simplicity.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

There are still traces of that wit he used to possess in there, but it's scrambled by the beans that rattle around in his brain and transform his grey matter into unpalatable sludge.
    So, you can't eat brains if they've been cooked with lima beans?

Also, how would Fluttershy and Pinkie answer the "Where do ponies come from?" question?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

You missed a trick.
    No, see that's not quite right either. The author of the book would be Shimmer Snowball, the ponified version of me who fanonically writes huge amounts of "romantic" literature and mails it to the Ponyville Library because she's too embarrassed to find a publisher.

The proper way to injoke is to joke so in that if you don't get it you're not even aware a joke was made.

Query: if you tell Thanqol Sethisto my story is awesome when it's submitted, will it get auto-posted? Because if you do, I'll owe you a fic.

How do you think All Hallows Night got posted?

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Aaah.

Twilight: My, this mare seems a prolific author. Maybe I'll read some of...

Spike, go and... do something. Outside the library. For a few hours.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Hey, hey, hey!

Friendship is magic, right?

Spoiler
    Show

Probably a repost, but I JUST CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS THREAD!
    Are those D&D classes? Man, now I'm seeing Dash as a Haley analogue.

Also, I suddenly feel guilty for skimming through that Misted Stage chapter just to look for the pony bondage part. DON'T JUDGE ME!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Aaah.

Twilight: My, this mare seems a prolific author. Maybe I'll read some of...

Spike, go and... do something. Outside the library. For a few hours.
    Also, I suddenly feel guilty for skimming through that Misted Stage chapter just to look for the pony bondage part. DON'T JUDGE ME!
    This? This right here? This is my legacy.

iamokwiththis.jpg

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

OMC, so many posts to answer . Quantity may have dropped, quality has exponentially increased.

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    This post is full of so much win.
    I can't stop screaming/laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    I think that does everything you want it to do.
    Mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Obvious question: What would its cutie mark be? A necklace of teeth? The severed head of a piggart? Another mustache?
    A mustachioed mustache.
    There's NO WAY anypony can handle THAT MUCH MOUSTACHE!
    Anypony but WARPONY MUSTACHE, maybe.
    I have ideas, I'll post them later. I need some time with MS Paint.

Scootaloo: But wait... that doesn't explain where the little pony came from, just why. Those are entirely different questions, philosophically!
    Rainbow Dash: ... Scoots, I'm a flying school dropout. There's lots of things I don't know.

Sho be doop.

Flying School Dropout!

Your story sad to tell,
    A teenage ne'er do well,
    Most mixed up non-delinquent on the block!
    Your future's so unclear now,
    What's left of your career now?
    Can't even get a trade in on your smile!

Angels: (La lalala lalala lalala...)

Flying school dropout,
    No graduation day for you.
    Flying school dropout.
    (Probably the first song reference I get.)

Dear Princess Celestia,
    DON'T MIND IF I DO! A;LSKJGTPASDOFJAPSOEIJFPAOFJFAPOFINGPAWEOUI
    Signed,
    Wonko the Sane.
    I want to hear more about the adventures of Wonko The Sane. He sounds like a reasonable guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you think All Hallows Night got posted?
    ...Well, then, my offer still stands. Get Misted Stage through once I finish it, and you shall have any fic you desire. Any.

READ THE ENTIRE THING

IT'S AWESOME

I LINKED LIKE THE FIRST FOUR CHAPTERS IN ONE DOC THERE, YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE

This? This right here? This is my legacy.

iamokwiththis.jpg
    And who do you have to thank for it? C'mon. Tell the thread. Who was the genius who started all this?

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    Mission accomplished.
    *Finds what people were talking about*

It both terrifies and fascinates.
    Truth resists simplicity.

28. - Top - End - #508

I now present the reason why Princess Luna was not at the Grand Galloping Gala:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

And who do you have to thank for it? C'mon. Tell the thread. Who was the genius who started all this?

That might well be, but I did all the pushing :P
    Above Us Only Sky

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

After some excessive thinking here my ideas for my ponytar's cutie mark:

Spoiler
    Show
    Alternative 1:

Self-explanatory.

Spoiler
    Show

Alternative 2:

Self-explanatory, again.

Spoiler
    Show

Alternative 3:

As we all* know, Warlord Moustache is the man without a motivation or a cause, thus the prime mover/prime cause. He is everything in is potential, and what do we get when we have all at the same time?

Spoiler
    Show

All colours combined are white.

Alternative 4, the winner:

I've been thinking: cutie marks don't have to flat out state what a pony does, it can have deeper meaning and try to catch the essence of what the pony is. For example Chereelee has laughing faces, because she makes her pupils happy. So I was thinking, what is the essence of The Moustache? How can it be drawn? And the answer was obvious:

Spoiler
    Show

Here the complete ponytar:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, a comic:

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Art by:
    Filly template by Button-Up
    Crusadin' by ponysponz
    Cutie Mark Crusaders Char by PunkRockStarMob

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    *Finds what people were talking about*

It both terrifies and fascinates.
    I couldn't have done it without my friend, the uncanny valley.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-05-23 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin