New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

I heartily encourage anyone who can to try at least a few of the Daily Draws. Even if you can't literally draw things, you can certainly vector them up easily enough. Also, I plan to make mine a little harder by annotating mine with whatever techniques I find useful or interesting when possible. Probably won't be able to keep up as well, but hopefully it'll be useful to somepony.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    I heartily encourage anyone who can to try at least a few of the Daily Draws. Even if you can't literally draw things, you can certainly vector them up easily enough. Also, I plan to make mine a little harder by annotating mine with whatever techniques I find useful or interesting when possible. Probably won't be able to keep up as well, but hopefully it'll be useful to somepony.
    Are there free vector programs out there?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Are there free vector programs out there?
    Inkscape. You can also use GIMP for post-processing and touchups, although I have yet to find a need to do so. (I rather enjoy trying to find ways to duplicate raster techniques in vector format)

Questions can naturally be directed to me, or to our wonderfully helpful Arts+Crafts forums.
    Last edited by AlterForm; 2011-05-26 at 07:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    here is the link to various little pony icons: http://kefkafloyd.imgur.com/J8S59

They are inserted in a post like a normal image with the [img ] and [/img ] commands
    Y'know, that's been requested a couple of times each thread since it was discovered, should it be added to the OP?

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

That's right! PHOE HAS A POSITION OF POWER.

Soon, the giants in the playground will be able to act with impunity, shaping equestria daily to our whims!

They're
    going
    to
    LOVE US!!!!

*snerk*

Yeah, congrats Phoe. May the temptation of power be as strong to you.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I don't know how many ponies this is actually going to interest, but just in case any of you wish to play along with the latest greatest craze that's sweeping our fair land, here is a heads up.

Ponies! Learning how to draw them!
    Interesting. Will there be critiques or comments?
    Because it looks like fun, although more of a "Newbie Artist Practice Ground Event" than anything else.

Also, hello everyone.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats Phoe. May your eventual coup to seize power of the brony community be swift and merciless!
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-05-26 at 08:07 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

8. - Top - End - #998
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Congratulations, Phoe.

Yeah, I'll be back later, when pony fanfiction is not compelling me to pick up Fallout 3 again. IT'S NOT THE SAME!
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Based on the comments you guys have made so far, I can't help but imagine Phoe has an army of evil advisers whispering into her ear at all times.

But in all seriousness, congratulations. Long may you reign.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of Equestria Daily, I have a small question to posit to the bronies (and our newly-ascended goddess can maybe provide the answer):

As about 10 of you know, I've been working on a fanfic called An Old Mare's Tale. While it's primarily about Princess Celestia, it is laden with OC ponies. I know a couple fics with OCs get onto ED, but exactly how well does that sort of thing fare, overall?

I'm not ready to submit yet. I want to get to the part where I stop switching viewpoints and stick with Celestia, but I just wanted to know in advance if this has a chance at making it to the bigtime, or if the BitP will be my only audience.

For reference, the fic is here. New chapter scheduled for Memorial Day.

This isn't a plug, it's an honest question. I really want to know what my best options are for reaching out to the bronies around the web!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Barbarian in the Playground

Inkscape. You can also use GIMP for post-processing and touchups, although I have yet to find a need to do so. (I rather enjoy trying to find ways to duplicate raster techniques in vector format)

Questions can naturally be directed to me, or to our wonderfully helpful Arts+Crafts forums.
    An interesting new vector editor came out, called Raven, part of the Aviary suite. It's a web-based editing tool. I've messed around a bit, and it's pretty good.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Colossus in the Playground

I am totally going to be in on this drawpony thing because it's the awesome logical extension of my Thanqol Learns to Draw project anyway.

Also, my gaming group got me a Rainbow Dash toy. CAN'T. STOP. BRUSHING.

Her mane is so pretty!

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post
    Speaking of Equestria Daily, I have a small question to posit to the bronies (and our newly-ascended goddess can maybe provide the answer):

As about 10 of you know, I've been working on a fanfic called An Old Mare's Tale. While it's primarily about Princess Celestia, it is laden with OC ponies. I know a couple fics with OCs get onto ED, but exactly how well does that sort of thing fare, overall?

I'm not ready to submit yet. I want to get to the part where I stop switching viewpoints and stick with Celestia, but I just wanted to know in advance if this has a chance at making it to the bigtime, or if the BitP will be my only audience.

This isn't a plug, it's an honest question. I really want to know what my best options are for reaching out to the bronies around the web!
    EqD has been playing fast and loose with the OC requirement. If your fic is well-written, (And yes I think yours qualifies with flying colours), then it will be accepted. A few OC-fics has been 6-starred already. (FO:E and A Lucky Night comes to mind).

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManSleeping View Post

Here's the deal. There are a lot of ponies out there who are scared off by original characters. If you include them, there are those in the community who won't even bother to look at your story. But you know what? That's ok. That's true if you write a Grimdark story, true if you write a Ship, true if you write a Crossover.

The number one thing that's going to determine whether or not you sink or swim is that your story is written well. The pre-readers do not discriminate on subject matter, and there's a pretty decent history on the site of high quality stories receiving rave reviews and a million bajillion stars while prominently featuring OCs. So my advice to you is to not worry about how these sorts of things are perceived, and instead focus on telling the story that's in your heart as best as you are able. As long as you are willing to put forth maximum effort, you will succeed.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow Phoe, congrats on the awesome new position. What's your preferred method of bribe?

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Interesting. Will there be critiques or comments?
    Because it looks like fun, although more of a "Newbie Artist Practice Ground Event" than anything else.

Also, hello everyone.
    Greetings! Have you been properly greeted yet? It would be awesome if I could actually keep track of who has been properly greeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I am totally going to be in on this drawpony thing because it's the awesome logical extension of my Thanqol Learns to Draw project anyway.

Also, my gaming group got me a Rainbow Dash toy. CAN'T. STOP. BRUSHING.

Her mane is so pretty!
    Your gaming group is the best gaming group ever.

16. - Top - End - #1006

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Your gaming group is the best gaming group ever.
    No they're not. That campaign literally ended that same session with the party engaged in a pointless, bickering argument while the city they'd spent two years RL time protecting burned around them.

BUT they are 50% brony so it's not a total loss.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

The quality of the drawfriends continue to amaze me.

Some favourites:

Spoiler
    Show

Rarity as Matt Horner. Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Because Luna + Abacus is cute.

Who's the other pink pony?

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that was certainly worth every second of staying up. Thanks guys, I feel all warm and fuzzy. Like I promised Sethisto when I took The Oath, I will only abuse these powers I now wield over the pony community when it is of benefit to me. Bribes are welcomed.
    ...Does this mean that I can just submit the finished, polished version of Misted Stage directly to you?

Also, congratulations! I can't think of any brony who better deserves a position as Blog Author except for ME, and I'm sure that your reign of terror will be entirely deserved as well. Just remember who complimented your works when you depose Sethisto and reign as Shipping Queen of Bronydom.

On a related note: writing! After the nice long chapter that was chapter 5, I realized that I had no idea how to proceed! Which meant that I basically outlined for my summer novel instead for the past two days, which has been fruitful in every way except actually writing ponyfic. But I got a good start on things this evening, and I swear on Thanqol's grave that I shall finish this chapter by Saturday, even if it kills me!

...bloody 'ell I misspelled Cheerilee's name so many times must go fix now before sleeeeepytimes
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-26 at 11:15 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Who's the other pink pony?
    I'm gonna wildly guess Pinkie Guy, good friend of Flutterguy.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2011-05-26 at 10:56 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    ...Does this mean that I can just submit the finished, polished version of Misted Stage directly to you?

Also, congratulations! I can't think of any brony who better deserves a position as Blog Author except for ME, and I'm sure that your reign of terror will be entirely deserved as well. Just remember who complimented your works when you depose Sethisto and reign as Shipping Queen of Bronydom.
    As a matter of fact... yes it does. I can't decide if I actually want to encourage that or not, but I definitely have the authority to fast track a story if I believe it to be of quality.

But gee, I don't know if Misted Stage is really good enough. I think ponies who criticize my image selection skills probably don't have the talent necessary to write for Equestria Daily. Maybe the moon.

21. - Top - End - #1011

As a matter of fact... yes it does. I can't decide if I actually want to encourage that or not, but I definitely have the authority to fast track a story if I believe it to be of quality.

But gee, I don't know if Misted Stage is really good enough. I think ponies who criticize my image selection skills probably don't have the talent necessary to write for Equestria Daily. Maybe the moon.
    Well that descent into iron hoofed tyranny took longer than I thought it would.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

I totally didn't do that. Can I get fast tracked now?

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that descent into iron hoofed tyranny took longer than I thought it would.
    I, for one, welcome our new PhoeKun overlord.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ok, I've finished that crossover fic I've been talking about (MLP and Persona 4). But I can't access my old fanfiction.net account. Here's the google docs version.

Chapter Midnight

25. - Top - End - #1015

I, for one, welcome our new PhoeKun overlord.
    First we tie her up with endless amounts of Pony work, and then we tie her down with ropes. One way or another, she doesn't escape the pony thread.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

Alas poor druid robot
    He loved nature too much
    His gears were overstuffed with leaves
    and bark and mud and such

There's no batt'ries in nature
    No lubricant or grease
    And now his insides have all stopped
    At least he is at peace

Forgotten in a fix-it shop
    Ancient as Greece or Rome
    Who here will give him some repair
    And a happy, healthy home?
    This is a perfect segue into what I wanted to post:

*cue fixing montage with Harder, Better, Stronger, Faster in background (electronic music for the electronic man, no?)*

*Awakens, noticing something feels different*

Doctor: I'm sorry, but the only way to salvage you was in pony-form

DD: *squee!*

Doctor: Also, you'll notice some freedom in the particular flavor of pony available to you

DD: *plays with retractable wings/horn*

*adventures happen*

Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I learned that pegasus ponies become skittish at the sound of afterburners engaging. I also learned that insect density increases rapidly with the approach to Mach 1 (bleh). Maybe I should ask RD about some goggles...

(P.S. Please apologize to Princess Luna for me; I forget that not all ponies are capable of reaching escape velocity, so my surprise visit may have been more surprising than I'd anticipated.)

Your aereonautic automaton,
    DD

Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I learned that an affectionate horn nuzzle becomes drastically less affectionate when it causes 50,000 volts to be discharged into one of the participants. Apparently I also discovered where exactly the doctors rewired my primary defense capacitor...

(P.S. Send further apologies to Luna for me, I'm sure her mane will stop standing on end any day now.)

Your soon to be insulated subject,
    DD

Dear Princess Celestia,
    Today I discovered a use for my on-board sound system. After slight modifications (read amplification), it lets me drop beats with Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon-3). Yay!

(P.S. Was Luna such a hard-core clubber before the banishment, or is this a new development?)

Searching for a good DJ name,
    DD

(sorry for the wall o' text)
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-05-27 at 12:12 AM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Ok, I've finished that crossover fic I've been talking about (MLP and Persona 4). But I can't access my old fanfiction.net account. Here's the google docs version.

Chapter Midnight
    I like what I see so far. Now my brain is searching for Character parallels between Persona 4 and MLP.

Chie-Applejack: Tough, honest town native who's good at kicking things
    Yosuke-Pinkie Pie: Comic relief. One of the first people/ponies met but initially ignored.
    Yukiko-Fluttershy: Shy reserved girl/filly who is surprisingly, at least to her, popular.

But what my inner fanboy is Screaming at me is: Who gets to be Kanji? The obvious choice is Rainbow Dash. Significant portions of both fandoms think they're gay, though it's commonly debated. Rainbow Dash is also implied to have problems with authority and is last to shy away from a putting a bully (and maybe the equestrian equivalent of a biker punk) in place. But I want to throw my hat in for Big Macintosh. He fits the big guy archetype well enough, and I think him getting his Persona would be hilarious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shadow Mac: The truth is, deep in our soul, we're jealous of Applejack fer inheritin' Sweet Apple Acres instead of US! Even though we're the eldest.
    Big Mac: Eeyup.
    Shadow Mac: Huh? Well, how about the fact that Granny still expects us chain ourselves to the plow, while AJ gets to go out and have fun and make friends. If Pa were still alive, he'da named us inherit'r causa how hard we work.
    Big Mac: Reckon that mighta been the case.
    Shadow Mac: Uuuh... Well... We're gay?
    Big Mac: Mmhm, what about it?
    Shadow Mac: Can- Can I still be a boss fight?
    Big Mac: I'd rather y'didn't.
    Shadow Mac: Aww man. *Flash-Sparkles into Persona*

Hilarity aside though, Rainbow Dash makes the most sense.

28. - Top - End - #1018

By this time tomorrow, Equestria Daily will cap 8m hits. Wasn't it like a week or so since 7m? Good god.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

By this time tomorrow, Equestria Daily will cap 8m hits. Wasn't it like a week or so since 7m? Good god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskfly
    0 million --- January 19
    ---57 days later
    1 million --- March 17
    ---20 days later
    2 million --- April 6
    ---14 days later
    3 million --- April 20
    ---11 days later
    4 million --- May 1
    ---8 days later
    5 million --- May 9
    ---8 days later
    6 million --- May 17
    ---6 days later
    7 million --- May 23
    Sir, we are approaching critical mass. Soon we will hit a million view every day.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground

Because I like to spoil you guys, and I love showing off my art...Have some shaded pony.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dispozition; 2011-05-27 at 02:26 AM.

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Bor the Barbarian Monk View Post
    Dis...As far as I can tell, you are a cool frood who knows where his towel is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Run, little Aussie artist man. Your doom will be swift and silent -
    - like the owl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    *Hands Dizzy his SwoongunTM*
    Which is a hairdrier full of ether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulion View Post
    ...Dispozition...you rock so hard I feel like throwing you my underwear in appreciation just so you can know how much that rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlyn View Post
    Dis, I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Your quotes rawk.