New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Milleris Learns To Draw (Again)

Hello Playground!

I hope that this thread will be somewhere I can post pictures I draw and have drawn for you all to PEACH and to keep me motivated!

I was never good at art until the age of maybe 15 in school when I chose it to take a GCSE in (not sure on an American equivalent) and about 3 months in to my GCSE course it just clicked and I managed to teach myself how to draw (albeit badly at that age.) This continued into my further education where I studied art at college until I finished at 18. I'm now 20 and I haven't drawn proprly in maybe 18 months?

So here is where I'll be posting scans of the work I do and have done for critiquing, evaluation and constructive criticism I'll also accept challenges and requests if you, the reader so desire. I will scan some stuff later when I get home from work and hopefully it should go from there!

:edit: Here is something I forgot I had saved on the internet, a dragon I drew for college once. Some of it was cut off due to my scanner dimensions but it's mostly there. It was also unfinished when scanned.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by milleris; 2012-07-23 at 04:44 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: Milleris Learns To Draw (Again)

Is it...missing its lower jaw? Aside from that, it's really nice!
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

So this is an embarassing lack of promised content. I haven't been able to sit down and draw properly the last few days, unless I post my ugly attempts I draw at work when I can.

Yes it was missing it's lower jaw when I scanned it ages ago, but iirc the jaw didn't look too good when I finished it. When I get home tonight I'll get some pieces of my college work out to scan and upload, they'll be the target of ability to reach for now.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Our scanner at home doesn't seem to work with my laptop This morning was the first time I've tried to use the scanner with my laptop, nobody remembers it ever having an install disk. It's part of our printer and that works fine, very confusing. Any tips?

I'd use the scanner at work but I can't scan a big A3 sketch book repeatedly without being noticed.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, you can probably get drivers from the manufacturers website or other parts of the internet. You just need to know the model number.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm looking for drivers was my first guess. I doubt it's broken mechanically, it's used very little and we make sure to take care of the machine as we print a fair amount. Once I get it working I can dump alot of items here at once, or upload them to my DA account for people to view at their leisure.