New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Well, if you're going to make it avatar sized, least I can do is use it as an avatar, I suppose!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ah, what the hay, if you've got time perhaps you could whip up a chibi robo-druid for me?
    My scheme of avataring the entire ponythread CONTINUES

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I for one feel much better about asking for one now. xD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, the chibis are kind of adorable. It's hard not to want one for at least a little while...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

4. - Top - End - #844

Day 248: Minimalism Week #4: The Gift Of Giving

Today's my birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I for one feel much better about asking for one now. xD
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean, the chibis are kind of adorable. It's hard not to want one for at least a little while...
    And we get another lesson in being specific with your requests.

Spoiler
    Show

(Raz's is still on the list, if he's following this)

Time: 1 hour 15 mins
    Music: Cheering 101
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-21 at 06:05 AM. Reason: 20% more adorable

5. - Top - End - #845
    Titan in the Playground

Wuv <3

I need to do something for you now. Uhm. Happy birthday while I think!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanqol.

You've kept at it for almost 250 days now. You've grown a LOT artistically. You've inspired several other people on Gitp to follow your example. You're friendly, open to critisism, and you use your art for good. You're awesome.

So, um... happy Escape Womb Day!

Spoiler
    Show

Draw on!
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, i'd call that deserved.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

And we get another lesson in being specific with your requests.

Spoiler
    Show

...you're going to be an interesting ST, I can tell...but seriously, very nice!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ogre in the Playground

>_>
    <_<
    Any chance I could get one of those chibitars? I'm going to get in on the vagueness and not ask for anything. I won't even put up the actual human version of Kyouhen just to see what you come up with.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know what, now that everyone's talking avatars, I am reminded that I'm set to get my hat back next week from Domo, and I will be needing to replace my avatar then, too...

*thoughtful chin scratch*

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... I feel sheepish for asking this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Could you draw chibi human Candle Keeper? Here are some reference pictures...

The disposition of the first two, wearing the clothes of the last one? Although you could wave the hat if you wanted. ^^

12. - Top - End - #852

Wuv <3

I need to do something for you now. Uhm. Happy birthday while I think!
    If you need ideas, I treasure few things as much as art commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    Thanqol.

You've kept at it for almost 250 days now. You've grown a LOT artistically. You've inspired several other people on Gitp to follow your example. You're friendly, open to critisism, and you use your art for good. You're awesome.

So, um... happy Escape Womb Day!

Spoiler
    Show

Draw on!
    Case in point . Thank you very much, for your encouragement and advice. Thanks for the picture, and I'll try to make sure she assaults someone with that cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Yeah, i'd call that deserved.
    Thank you

...you're going to be an interesting ST, I can tell...but seriously, very nice!
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

>_>
    <_<
    Any chance I could get one of those chibitars? I'm going to get in on the vagueness and not ask for anything. I won't even put up the actual human version of Kyouhen just to see what you come up with.
    Sure; they're fun and they don't take long to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    You know what, now that everyone's talking avatars, I am reminded that I'm set to get my hat back next week from Domo, and I will be needing to replace my avatar then, too...

*thoughtful chin scratch*
    Can do!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Well... I feel sheepish for asking this...

Spoiler
    Show
    Could you draw chibi human Candle Keeper? Here are some reference pictures...

The disposition of the first two, wearing the clothes of the last one? Although you could wave the hat if you wanted. ^^
    On the list!

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

If you need ideas, I treasure few things as much as art commissions
    I can't draw at aaaaall xD
    Else I would! :(
    (hugs)

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, Thanqol.

So, if you're still taking requests, I have ... a bit of an odd one. First off, some background. Recently, I've been very nervous about coming out as transgendered to people IRL, considering I look about as girlish as a bulldozer with flames painted on the side. Which led to Becca (Soft Serve) saying, "What does it say about me that I would totally imagine seeing Pinkie or Rainbow Dash in one of those before any guy I know?"

....Which leads me to my request. Can you draw Pinkie Pie and/or Rainbow Dash driving a bulldozer with flames painted on the side?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855

I can't draw at aaaaall xD
    Else I would! :(
    (hugs)
    Then find someone who can and inflict upon them threats/hugs/money!

Don't feel obligated, though, really. The sentiment counts for plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey, Thanqol.

So, if you're still taking requests, I have ... a bit of an odd one. First off, some background. Recently, I've been very nervous about coming out as transgendered to people IRL, considering I look about as girlish as a bulldozer with flames painted on the side. Which led to Becca (Soft Serve) saying, "What does it say about me that I would totally imagine seeing Pinkie or Rainbow Dash in one of those before any guy I know?"

....Which leads me to my request. Can you draw Pinkie Pie and/or Rainbow Dash driving a bulldozer with flames painted on the side?
    Sure but it's going to have to wait for the end of minimalism week/until the backlog is cleared.

Day 249: Minimalism Week #5

Whoops, I accidentally Skyrimmed my day. Intended to get a bunch more than this done. Figured out in my head how to manage Raz's request, too, should see that today/tomorrow.

Kyohen: I think of this every time you post, dunno why.

Ido: STEALING MY IDEAS/HATS

Time: 45 mins
    Music: At the Refinery
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-22 at 03:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #856

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Hey, Thanqol.

Sure but it's going to have to wait for the end of minimalism week/until the backlog is cleared.
    Thanqol, will you mind if I rise to the occasion? Heavy machinery is just too much up my alley not to have just been inspired to draw this one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Some design errors on Pinkie's dozer (there's supposed to be another piston visible), and RD's dozer seems off perspective, but I think it's not too bad for a random sketch. :)

Hawkflight seems to be asking for something more along the lines of an avatar though, so that's just me being artistically impulsive. 'sides, nobody asks me to draw anything for them, so I get my ideas where I can.

...maybe I really should start my own thread.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Thanqol, will you mind if I rise to the occasion? Heavy machinery is just too much up my alley not to have just been inspired to draw this one:
    Spoiler
    Show

Some design errors on Pinkie's dozer (there's supposed to be another piston visible), and RD's dozer seems off perspective, but I think it's not too bad for a random sketch. :)
    Ha! Nice I admit, I was dreading having to draw more heavy machinery, it's something I need to work at.

Hawkflight seems to be asking for something more along the lines of an avatar though, so that's just me being artistically impulsive. 'sides, nobody asks me to draw anything for them, so I get my ideas where I can.

If you're taking requests, I can and will spam you with requests.

Also, I think starting your own thread would be a good idea. There's a lot of good artists who drop in on this thread to give advice who I'm fairly sure don't browse the ponythread group one. It'd make it more about you, which is a good thing

18. - Top - End - #858

If you're taking requests, I can and will spam you with requests.

Also, I think starting your own thread would be a good idea. There's a lot of good artists who drop in on this thread to give advice who I'm fairly sure don't browse the ponythread group one. It'd make it more about you, which is a good thing
    I don't take requests per se, but I like people throwing random ideas around, it helps fuel me creative machinery.

And I'll start my own thread once I've completed that new scene of mine, so I have something nice to start it off with. *Pinkie promises*

(has nothing to do with the latest MLP episode, or how I never consider my works "complete" >_>)
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------

19. - Top - End - #859

I don't take requests per se, but I like people throwing random ideas around, it helps fuel me creative machinery.
    My big suggestions are mostly along the lines of character redesigns. Draw the Mane 6 as manticores! Draw the Evil Goatee Universe Ponies! Draw Metal Mask as a gryphon! The challenge in all of these it to capture the essential attitude of the character in a new visual format.

Did you see how subtle I was about slipping 'draw pictures of my characters' in there? It's like I hardly have any selfish motives at all!

And I'll start my own thread once I've completed that new scene of mine, so I have something nice to start it off with. *Pinkie promises*

(has nothing to do with the latest MLP episode, or how I never consider my works "complete" >_>)
    I look forwards to it!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-22 at 06:29 AM.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Day 249: Minimalism Week #5

Whoops, I accidentally Skyrimmed my day. Intended to get a bunch more than this done. Figured out in my head how to manage Raz's request, too, should see that today/tomorrow.

You don't know why? Nuts. I'd love to know how you came up with this one. Mostly the scales. Oh well, it's still awesome!

Spoiler
    Show

Holy bloody hells that's good. Mind if I ask what you did that with? I'm mostly wondering if the linework was done digitally then cleaned up or if it's completely physical. Also what program you used.

21. - Top - End - #861

Holy bloody hells that's good. Mind if I ask what you did that with? I'm mostly wondering if the linework was done digitally then cleaned up or if it's completely physical. Also what program you used.
    Photoshop CS5 (or 5.1, don't care enough to remember), three-pixel hard brush, second pass digital sketch. Meaning I sketched together outlines of how it things looked, collapsed everything, and made a more detailed sketch on top. Then added solid grey to flames. About 60 to 90 minutes overall, didn't really time it.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------

22. - Top - End - #862

You don't know why? Nuts. I'd love to know how you came up with this one. Mostly the scales. Oh well, it's still awesome!
    The eye-with-line thing cutie mark indicates blindness, and blindness is also associated with Justice. Cutie mark interpretation; it can make you a thief or it can make you a judge or it can make you a spelunker. Only when you decide which one it actually means does it's potential close.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

*Rolls into the thread*

Hey, I've been watching this thread ever since it started, and I've been personally amazed by what you've done. Keep up the good work!

Also, I would like one of those minimalistic chibi avatars......That is.....if you don't mind.......

*Drops a smokebomb, dives through the window*
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ogre in the Playground

The eye-with-line thing cutie mark indicates blindness, and blindness is also associated with Justice. Cutie mark interpretation; it can make you a thief or it can make you a judge or it can make you a spelunker. Only when you decide which one it actually means does it's potential close.
    Huzzah! At the very least I was able to make a cutie mark people recognized.

And so Kyouhen became an arbiter of justice. No good can come of this.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Titan in the Playground

Then find someone who can and inflict upon them threats/hugs/money!

Don't feel obligated, though, really. The sentiment counts for plenty
    Maybe I can write something. LixieMask cuddles or something self-indulgent like that.

[/QUOTE]
    I recently started keeping a folder in my Pictures folder just called 'Awesome Art' for pictures I want to keep track of that aren't ponies.

This went in it. Pretty.

26. - Top - End - #866

Huzzah! At the very least I was able to make a cutie mark people recognized.

And so Kyouhen became an arbiter of justice. No good can come of this.
    I wish I could give a more coherent answer but my brain makes those leaps of association sometimes and I can't really do anything about it.

Maybe I can write something. LixieMask cuddles or something self-indulgent like that.
    If nothing else, I'm curious to see other authors' takes on my characters' personalities

I recently started keeping a folder in my Pictures folder just called 'Awesome Art' for pictures I want to keep track of that aren't ponies.

This went in it. Pretty.
    Thank you

Day 250: Minimalism Week #6

God, I'm going to be sad to see the end of Minimalism Week. I finally hit the balance between speed and style I wanted, and I learned so much about not overdetailing and basic shapes. On the plus side, it's replacement is going to be Dragon Month!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    *Rolls into the thread*

Hey, I've been watching this thread ever since it started, and I've been personally amazed by what you've done. Keep up the good work!

Also, I would like one of those minimalistic chibi avatars......That is.....if you don't mind.......

*Drops a smokebomb, dives through the window*
    Smokebombs eh?

Also, for Raz_Fox:

This took me a while to work out because drawing 'a fox' in this style is really, really hard - it automatically looks like a cat because of the rounded head. And then I realised I was doing it wrong - I should be drawing what a fox is rather than what a fox looks like.

EDIT: Almost forgot Tec's request!

Time: 45 mins
    Music: One Last Letter
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-01-23 at 06:51 AM.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

I'll take up your offer for a Minimalism Week avvie. Surprise me
    Truth resists simplicity.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like an avatar too if you don't mind... But since I don't have an Established Forum Personality™, just do whatever you think is best.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Barbarian in the Playground

I guess I'll put in a request, Crossings doing some stupid nature-based thing like in all those survivalist shows. Your choice on his dumb activity of choice.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

You are totally awesome, Senor. I love it. So much.