New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Super]Empire City Recruitment Thread

Calling all Super Heroes! Calling all Super Villains! Empire City is vulnerable!

Empire City, a cesspool of crime and villainy. Only heroes can stop this tide! But the real question is; Are you a Hero, or a Villain?

Accepted Super Powers

*Acid Generation
    *Adamentine Skeleton*
    *Advanced Electrokinesis
    *Aerokinesis
    *Animal Communication
    *Armored Skin
    *Bone Manipulation
    *Chronokinesis
    *Creator
    *Cryokinesis
    *Danger Sense
    *Destroyer
    *Duplication
    *Electrokinesis
    *Element Breath
    *Element Changer
    *Element Manipulator
    *Element Regenerator
    *Enchanter of Item
    *Flight
    *Force Field
    *Geokinesis*
    *Gravity Manipulation
    *High Endurance
    *Hydrokinesis
    *Invisibility
    *Laser Eyes
    *Magnokinesis
    *Mind Control
    *Mind Reading
    *Night Vision
    *Omni-linguism
    *Portal Creation
    *Power Aborption
    *Power Augmentation
    *Power Sensing
    *Precision Accuracy with Weapon
    *Prehensile
    *Pyrokinesis
    *Pyschokinesis
    *Radiokinesis
    *Regeneration
    *Self-Detonation
    *Shapeshifter
    *Size Manipulation
    *Skill Master
    *Sonic Screech
    *Super Agility
    *Super Hearing
    *Super Intellect
    *Super Sight
    *Super Soldier
    *Super Speed
    *Super Strength
    *Super Stretch
    *Telekinesis
    *Telepathy
    *Teleportation
    *Tremorsense
    *Turbinespin
    *Water Breathing
    *Weapon Bound
    *Weaponshifter
    *Weather Control
    *X-Ray Vision

Explanation of Powers
    Spoiler
    Show

Acid Generation: You can create acid. Through either touch or by your saliva.
    Adamentine Skeleton: Your skeleton is made of Adamentine and is indestructible. Only Adamentine can break it.
    Advanced Electrokinesis: You can do everything you can do with regular Electrakinesis, but you can also magnetize metal, shoot rockets of electricity, and even create a wall of electricity over your hands to make them into a sort of blade. Choosing this counts as two powers.
    Aerokinesis: You can control the air around you. You can move it around fast enough that it cuts like a blade, or compact it enough to cushion a fall. An example is an Airbender.
    Animal Communication: You can understand animals and they can understand you.
    Armored Skin: Your skin is like armor, but that doesn't mean you don't feel pain.
    Bone Manipulation: The ability to manipulate your own bones. Such as: Re-arranging your bones, generating new bone mass, and projecting your bones out of your skin.
    Chronokinesis: You can control the flow of time to your advantage. You can't travel back to before you were born without more like you helping you.
    Creator: You can make minions that you control out of any material. You have to imbibe them with the likeness of a nearby creature though.
    Cryokinesis: You have ice powers. You can create ice from the water in the air and move whole things of ice.
    Danger Sense: You can sense danger to yourself up to 10 minutes before.
    Destroyer: You can make things explode after you touch them.
    Duplication: You can create duplicates of yourself that you can then absorb back into yourself.
    Electrokinesis: You have control over electricity. You can zap people with jolts of it and even send out a constant stream of it. You do have to recharge though. And the further away from electricity you iget, the sicker you become. To recharge you drain electricity. In water your electricity spread throughout it, hurting yourself. This cannot be stopped.
    Element Breath: Choose one of the Elements(Such as Fire, Ice, Acid, Electricity, Water, etc...) you now can breath out that Element like a dragon breathes fire. Ex. Fire Breath, Ice Breath, Acid Breath, Electricity Breath, Etc...
    Element Changer: You can turn things from one element to another. Ex. Turn Lead into Gold.
    Element Manipulator: Choose an element from the periodic table, you can now use that element as if it were a Telekinesis like ability. Ex. Iron Manipulator, you can control iron. You can lift it with a thought and mold it with a thought.
    Element Regenerator: Choose an element from the periodic table. As long as that element is within 10 feet of you and it's mass is equal to the mass of the body part you lost, the lost part will mold itself out of the element and you can reattach it to its rightful place. Also, if your body is completely destroyed, your entire body will be reformed out of this material as long as there is enough within 10 feet of you. The element has to be a pure version of itself though with no other elements in it's molecular make-up.
    Enchanter of Item: Choose an item. You can now enchant it with different things, such as: Exploding on Impact, Glow, Catch on Fire on Impact, ect...
    Flight: You can now fly like Superman.
    Force Field: You can create force fields that cannot be penetrated.
    Geokinesis: The control of Solid Earth. There are many variations in control of this power and no one is able to achieve perfect Geokinesis. All anyone has ever been able to achieve is control of one type. Many have the Terrakinesis variation(control over dirt and earth), but there are those who have more delicate control. They can achieve such variations as Crystalkinesis(control of crystals), Glasskinesis(control of glass), ect. But no one has ever achieved perfect Geokinesis and it's nigh impossible to get it.
    Gravity Manipulation: You can manipulate gravity of objects and your self. You can even increase it on certain parts of a body. You can also project a mono-directional gravitational field.
    High Endurace: You can take beatings. An example superhero with this ability is Juggernaut or The Hulk.
    Hydrokinesis: You have complete control over liquids. And can even condense it from the water in the air.
    Invisibility: You can turn invisible.
    Laser Eyes: You can shoot lasers out of your eyes at will.
    Magnokinesis: You have the power of magnets.
    Mind Control: You can control the mind of weak willed individuals.
    Mind Reading: You can read minds.
    Night Vision: You can see in the night as if it were day. You can turn this on and off.
    Portal Creation: You can create wormholes, portation "discs" or other spatial portals for transport between two non-adjacent locations.
    Power Absorption: You can absorb another person's powers for a short amount of time. From anywhere between 1 second to 30 minutes.*
    Power Augmentation: You can enhance or weaken other's powers.
    Power Sensing: You can sense others that have powers.
    Precision Accuracy with a Weapon: Choose a weapon, you are now extremely accurate with it.
    Prehensile: You can animate and lengthen your hair.
    Pyrokinesis: You can control and create fire.
    Pyschokinesis: You can create objects that are mental that can effect the physical. Ex. Making a spinning saw in the mind and throwing it at a person's leg makes them lose the use of the leg and experience the pain of losing it.
    Omni-linguism: You can understand all languages and everyone can understand you.
    Radiokinesis: You can pick up and broadcast radio signals with your mind. This works with police radios as well and you can also make interference on radios.
    Regeneration: You can regenerate lost body parts and tissue, fast.
    Self-Detonation: You can explode yourself then reform from the explosion. You cannot reform from anything that isn't you exploding yourself.
    Shapeshifter: You can take on different shapes. But only ones of actual species and when you do you do not gain the person's powers.
    Size Manipulation: You can change your size.
    Skill Master: Choose a skill, you are now a master of it.
    Sonic Screech: You can release a yell that can shatter windows and disorient people.
    Super Agility:. You are the greatest gymnast ever. Ex. Spiderman has this power.
    Super Hearing: You can hear things from a far distance.
    Super Intellect: You are incredibly smart.
    Super Sight: You can see well over long distances.
    Super Soldier: You are a human at his peak abilities. Like Captain America.
    Super Speed: You are fast, like the Flash.
    Super Strength: You can lift up to 5 tons.
    Super Stretch: You are very stretchy. Like Mr. Fantastic or Plastic Man.
    Telekinesis: You can pick up objects with you mind.
    Telepathy: You can send messages to another's mind.
    Teleportation: You can teleport yourself and your possessions to a specific location. To do this you have to know what the exact spot you want to teleport to. You cannot teleport in or out of a place completely surround by lead. If someone is holding onto you, they travel with you.
    Tremorsense: You can feel the slightest vibration in the floor beneath your feet. You can sense even the tiny vibration from a person moving.
    Turbinespin: You can twirl yourself around in one place fast enough to create a mini-hurricane. Underwater you create a whirlpool.
    Water Breathing: You can breath underwater.
    Weapon Bound: You can call your weapon to you.
    Weaponshifter: You can turn your hands into different weapons. Your arms coat themselves in iron particles when this happens.
    Weather Control: You can control the weather, like Storm.
    Wind Control: You can control the wind.
    X-Ray Vision: You can see through objects as if they were in an x-ray machine. You can turn it on and off. It can be stopped with lead.

Creating Your Character
    At most you can have 2 powers. You can make up new powers that you have to clear through me first. They are then added to the list of accepted powers. Follow this outline for creating a character.

Name:
    Appearence:
    Bio:
    Powers:
    Relationships:
    Villain, Hero, or Anti-Hero?
    Notable Items:
    Super Hero/Villain Name:

Power Combinations that are considered not fair and are frowned upon:
    Super Speed*+ Super Strength
    Reason: It would be like Superman and The Flash combined.
    Weather Control*+ Cryo/Hydrokinesis
    Reason: Making it rain, then controlling the huge mass of water or turning it into sharp shards of ice.
    Element Changer*+ Element Manipulator/Magnokinesis
    Reason: Changing everything to another element then controlling everything.
    Force Field/High Endurance/Armored Skin*+ Regeneration
    Reason: Regenerating faster then you're getting hurt, thus making you invincible.
    Mind Control*+ Telepathy
    Reason: You would know everything and control everything.
    Force Field*+ Telekinesis/Pyschokinesis
    Reason: Hiding behind a nearly impenetrable shield and beating things up mentally.

Empire City FFRP IC
    Empire City FFRP OOC
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-08 at 09:55 AM. Reason: New powers!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: [Super]Empire City Recruitment Thread

Name: Gerald Mynchase
    Appearance: Brown hair, Brown eyes, fair skin, 5'10", 145lb.
    Male
    Powers: Super Intellect, Regeneration.
    Villain
    Villain Name: The Inventor
    Bio: Since he was a baby, Gerald has been smart. He easily got A's through out school due to his Super Intellect. At the age of 18 he found out he could regenerate lost limbs and tissue because of a car accident that made him lose his leg. He grew the leg back and had a brilliant idea. He decided at the age of 19 to become a Super Villain. He began to test his inventions on himself since he could easily regain the lost tissue. He hasn't made any big crimes yet, but he sells his inventions to Super Heroes and Super Villains. He was dubbed The Inventor for this. He saves his best stuff for himself though.
    Personality: Calm and Collected.
    Relationships: He is well known to Heroes and Villains. His family died in a car crash.
    Notable Items: Jet Pack, Laser Wristwatch.
    Notes: He is constantly inventing new things.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-04 at 09:03 PM.
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I might be interested in playing a hero with skill master and super agility.

Also, it's not "cyrokinesis", it's "cryokinesis".
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm... in my case, I have a couple of ideas for powers...

For character type, probably a Big Good type.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Posting tentative interest. Definitely planning to make some kind of hero, probably mid level in power.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

6. - Top - End - #6

Sounds like it could be interesting.

I'll probably end up making a villain.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

My major idea for powers is what I like to call the 'Toph Bei Fong' package.

Blindness, Tremorsense, and Geokenesis.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

PM me good definitions of Tremorsense and Geokinesis and I'll put them on the accepted powers list. It will be frowned upon of to completely duplicate another's character.
    Busy with Life

9. - Top - End - #9

Ooh, I think I'll play a hitman with invisibility, x-ray eyes and destroyer. He sneaks in, "bombs" a few objects, then sets them off when his target touches them.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

Damn it, now I want to play someone with Geokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Aerokinesis, and Tremorsense. Who's 12.

Thirdemperor, you only get two powers.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-04 at 08:19 PM.
    My Steam profile

11. - Top - End - #11

HalfOrcPirate

The problem with Superhero FFRPs is that they never seem to last very long on this board. Am I going to join in anyways? Of course I am.

Currently thinking of creating a character whose ability is to simply be to hard to kill. EDIT: Oops, nevermind.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2011-07-04 at 08:25 PM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Name: Gerald Mynchase
    Appearance: Brown hair, Brown eyes, fair skin, 5'10", 145lb.
    Male
    Powers: Super Intellect, Regeneration.
    Villain
    Villain Name: The Inventor
    Bio: Since he was a baby, Gerald has been smart. He easily got A's through out school due to his Super Intellect. At the age of 18 he found out he could regenerate lost limbs and tissue because of a car accident that made him lose his leg. He grew the leg back and had a brilliant idea. He decided at the age of 19 to become a Super Villain. He began to test his inventions on himself since he could easily regain the lost tissue. He hasn't made any big crimes yet, but he sells his inventions to Super Heroes and Super Villains. He was dubbed The Inventor for this. He saves his best stuff for himself though.
    Personality: Calm and Collected.
    Relationships: He is well known to Heroes and Villains. His family died in a car crash.
    Notable Items: Jet Pack, Laser Wristwatch, Element Ray, X-Ray Glasses, Cloning Machine.
    Notes: He is constantly inventing new things.
    Why does a villain (or wannabe villain) sell stuff to superheroes? He sounds more like an anti-hero.
    My Steam profile

13. - Top - End - #13

New update for the OP has new powers(Geokinesis, X-Ray Vision, Weaponshifter, Element Regenerator) and a better definition for the Shapeshifter power.

And The Inventor would be considered a villain by the heroes if they knew he was selling his inventions to villains as well as heroes. He is selling them to accumulate a large bulk of cash to help fund his eventual rise into becoming a great Super Villain.
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmongoose View Post
    Why does a villain (or wannabe villain) sell stuff to superheroes? He sounds more like an anti-hero.
    ...planned malfunctions?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #15

Well, there's already one character who has three powers, so, yeah. But I'll drop the x-ray vision.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Well, there's already one character who has three powers, so, yeah. But I'll drop the x-ray vision.
    Blindness is a handicap, not a power.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-04 at 08:39 PM.
    My Steam profile

17. - Top - End - #17

"I have the coolest third power ever! Guess what it is!"
    "What?"
    "The power of seeing only darkness all the time!"
    "So....you're blind?"
    "*sob* yes...."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2011-07-04 at 08:45 PM.
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #18

Blindsense isn't blindness though. It's usually a whole lot better than normal sight too.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nah, I just mess with people."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    "I have the coolest third power ever! Guess what it is!"
    "What?"
    "The power of seeing only darkness all the time!"
    "So....you're blind?"
    "*sob* yes...."
    "But I can also see things with my feet!"

I think Toph can see (sorta) what a person looks like through her seismic sense (that's what it's called).

Edit: so many ninjas! Thirdemperor, tremorsense is not better than normal sight. Wearing shoes is like putting really dark sunglasses over your eyes or plugging your ears.
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2011-07-04 at 08:50 PM.
    My Steam profile

21. - Top - End - #21

Alright, I'll play. I'm thinking High Endurance+Super Soldier.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

22. - Top - End - #22

Hmm... Now I kinda want to play a character who can shoot radiation out his eyeballs. Lethal to superhumans, occasionally gives normal people superpowers if they survive. Makes his money by selling the weak, fame hungry or just plain rich a chance to be superhuman.

Also, Mindfreak, I can't help but notice the Inventor has a lot of items that essentially duplicate the functions of existing superpowers. It's your setting and all, so obviously it's up to you, but doesn't allowing scientists to copy superpowers with their science-y skills ignore the point of the two power limit, and give scientists a huge edge?

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Hmm... Now I kinda want to play a character who can shoot radiation out his eyeballs. Lethal to superhumans, occasionally gives normal people superpowers if they survive. Makes his money by selling the weak, fame hungry or just plain rich a chance to be superhuman.

Also, Mindfreak, I can't help but notice the Inventor has a lot of items that essentially duplicate the functions of existing superpowers. It's your setting and all, so obviously it's up to you, but doesn't allowing scientists to copy superpowers with their science-y skills ignore the point of the two power limit, and give scientists a huge edge?

You make a good point. I removed his Element Ray(which would shoot out Fire, Ice, Electricity, and Water beams) and his X-Ray Glasses. I let him keep his Jetpack and Laser Wristwatch though.
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Does skill master apply to a single skill (such as picking locks) or a set of skills (such as thieve's skills)? Because if it only applies to a single skill, it's weak compared to the other powers.
    My Steam profile

25. - Top - End - #25

Does skill master apply to a single skill (such as picking locks) or a set of skills (such as thieve's skills)? Because if it only applies to a single skill, it's weak compared to the other powers.
    It would apply to a set of skills. Such as thieving, shooting(guns), or even metalworking.
    A skill master example is Deadpool, the skill he choose was killing. He was naturally good at it, and training brought out the best of it.

Updated the powers again. New ones are: Turbinespin, Electrokinesis, and Advanced Electrokinesis(the first ever power to count as two powers!)
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #26

Would a power similar to the Blob from the X-Men be acceptable? Being unmovable as long as he is firmly standing on the ground?

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post
    Would a power similar to the Blob from the X-Men be acceptable? Being unmovable as long as he is firmly standing on the ground?
    If you can find a name of the power then yes it would be.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #28

Mono-directional Gravitation. The way it works is he projects a mono-directional gravitational field 5 feet out from his center of gravity so that he can't be moved.

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post
    Mono-directional Gravitation. The way it works is he projects a mono-directional gravitational field 5 feet out from his center of gravity so that he can't be moved.
    It will be added into Gravitational Manipulation. Which the next update of powers will happen soon once I'm done with my research.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #30

OP has been updated. New powers added are:
    Gravitational Manipulation, Prehensile, Power Augmentation, Power Absorption, Acid Generation, Bone Manipulation, Duplication, Power Sensing, Night Vision, and Self-Detonation.
    Busy with Life