New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

The way that many Fullbring are represented, they seem very, very similar to Quincy, and the origin of Fullbring (ancestors attacked by Hollows) also represents how the Quincy started. I am merely just looking at the similarities and saying that especially based on how some Fullbring create energy and use it as a ranged attack, they could be very similar.

I'm sorry if my wording made it seem like "All Mortals are Fullbringers" was my stance, because I did not mean to say that. I agree with you in that there should be Mortals who just have power and aren't classified. Canon even agrees with us, as Orihime exists.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Kaito has no "focus". He just moves things with his brain. *Shrug* It's more the fact that I don't like shoehorning all Mortals into "Fullbringer". Feels too awkward.
    Naw I'm just jumping off the slippery slope and stretching the point that everybody could technically be a Fullbringer.

The only thing I can't seem to get is the concept of a living Vizard and a living Arrancar.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-25 at 11:58 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

Such would be among the many experiments that The Count would participate in. As it stands, I rather like the idea of the character himself being responsible for Alex's Hollow conversion. For a character obsessed with finding a way to undo his own Hollow traits (outside Shinigami purification) it makes perfect sense. If he could withhold the Bount aspect from the effect of the bite, the effect would be similar to the severed chain approach of Hollowification save that it would erode at the base immediately.

So... if I hurry up and get the edits knocked out, we could go ahead and make this happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    Such would be among the many experiments that The Count would participate in. As it stands, I rather like the idea of the character himself being responsible for Alex's Hollow conversion. For a character obsessed with finding a way to undo his own Hollow traits (outside Shinigami purification) it makes perfect sense. If he could withhold the Bount aspect from the effect of the bite, the effect would be similar to the severed chain approach of Hollowification save that it would erode at the base immediately.

So... if I hurry up and get the edits knocked out, we could go ahead and make this happen.
    Sounds like a party.

New plan. Cuerva kills alex before he goes back to his body ready for the catalyst of the count to bite him. That way he already has the beginnings of his chain eroding which will make the counts bite turn him hollow instead of bount.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-26 at 01:54 AM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

5. - Top - End - #365

*shrug* Works for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Sounds like a party.

New plan. Cuerva kills alex before he goes back to his body ready for the catalyst of the count to bite him. That way he already has the beginnings of his chain eroding which will make the counts bite turn him hollow instead of bount.
    *shrug* Works for me.
    Should I kick myself for planning to take Alex home and 'train' him into a living arrancar before the Count adds his Bount stuff into him?

Or if you guys just prefer that I just kill Alex?
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-26 at 08:15 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

7. - Top - End - #367
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Bluh, spend most of the day playing SMT: Imagine with your friends, lose track of everything going on.
    Hey, my lack of companions is what led me to let go of that game!

What's your build? ^_^

Also: Reene has formally requested Heavenly Punishment. Just so you know.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post

What's your build? ^_^

The online dictionary I use had another translation for Hakusai if Cabbage is that bad.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

I KNOW you probably read that one on the previous thread, Draken.

Prime's rendition of Cabbage-men was a little hard to miss.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    You know..what if we take a mortal, strap him to a table, pump him with Shinigami, Hollow, Bount and Quincy reiatsu?
    His soul will be instantly and irrevocably destroyed.

To elaborate: first of all, being a Quincy is an ability that doesn't stem from having Reiryoku, or internal spirit power. Instead, Quincies take Reishi, external spiritual material, and turn it into Reiatsu, external spiritual power. This Reiatsu is then used to create offensive and defensive forms, but most importantly, this kind of Reiatsu destroys souls.

So having Quincy Reiatsu injected into you doesn't give you their powers. It kills you.

Next, being a Shinigami is an internal quality. You can't be a Shinigami if you don't generate Shinigami Reiryoku yourself. A Shinigami can grant that internal quality to a living person, but it is a very specific process (substitution).

When Shinigami releases their Reiryoku as Reiatsu, they most often do so in the form of an attack. Okay, so there are healing spells, but they only work in harmony with your own spirit, they do jack and squat towards making you a Shinigami. And what do Shinigami attacks do? That's right, purify Hollows.

So the Shinigami Reiatsu would most likely nullify the Hollow Reiatsu. The most likely scenario really is that the hapless human first becomes (some variety of) a Hollow, and then is promptly purified and sent to Soul Society.

Now, Bount Reiatsu - there's one, specific creature (the Count) who can turn non-Bounts into Bounts, and no other Bount can do that (unless you're their kid; Bounts are still alive and have babies, and it seems their abilities can be genetically inherited). So unless it's the Count biting the hapless mortal, the Bount reiatsu would most likely do nothing. If it is the Count and the mortal is still alive after all of the above, he will most likely become a Bount. Otherwise, his spirit will likely just get eaten by the Count, if he's into such thing. Remember, in our setting, being a Bount implies and requires a living body.

Yeah, I know it was a jest, but I'm getting weary of this "hybrid theory" madness. I wanted to apply logic to it for once to show that there's no reason for all spirit types to be able to mingle.

Also, remember what Aizen said in canon. A real Shinigami - Hollow hybrid should've been impossible, and only happened because Hogyoku did not work as advertised. And Shinigami - Hollow hybrids make a decree of sense, unlike many of the other possible combinations.

Heh, aren't all our supernatural factions all focus-users?

Shinigami and Arrancar with Zanpakuto
    Quincy with Crosses
    Bount with Dolls
    Fullbring with Focus Items
    While you can say so, it ignores the very real differences in how their abilities work.

For a Shinigami, a Zanpakuto is manifestation of their internal energy. For an Arrancar, it's vessel for their internal energy for when they're not using all of it. Shinigami and Arrancar turn Reiryoku into Reiatsu and (in the case of Zanpakuto and their releases) Reishi.

Quincies work the opposite way. They destroy Reishi to turn it into Reiatsu. (Not known if they turn it into Reiryoku at all.)

Bounts have a pact with a being that seems to have a wholly different Reiryoku from them, and eventually fuse with them.

Fullbringers call forth spirits of objects. They bear similiarities to all of the above, in that their abilities are manifestations of internal energy (it's just not theirs), they draw power from their surroundings (but in a much less hostile way than Quincies), and they work with an external spirit (but unlike Bounts, don't fuse with them.)

The only thing I can't seem to get is the concept of a living Vizard and a living Arrancar.
    In my opinion, "Living Vizard" is a misnomer, as it implies there's a part of Shinigami there somewhere, when there isn't. Really, they're the same kind of being as Hollowings, the Vizard is just a descriptor to signify that Living Vizards start their Hollowing from the mask.

To put it simply: all partially Hollow mortals are people whose bodies are still alive, but their souls are half dead. They're spiritually flawed. If this makes their fate sound bleak, well, it is.

Living Arrancars are a bit more complicated. Like other Hollowed mortals, they're flawed as well, but like any other Hollow becoming an Arrancar, they've overcome those flaws to an extent. And like Hollows who can't evolve further as Hollows, they too take on Shinigami-like qualities.

They're all liminal states, but while Living Vizards and Hollowings are just people descending to a Hollow state, a Living Arrancar was a mortal descending to a Hollow state but has started ascending towards a Shinigami state instead.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-26 at 10:17 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Orc in the Playground

Fullbringers call forth spirits of objects.
    ...Fullbringers use Over Soul?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

I KNOW you probably read that one on the previous thread, Draken.

Prime's rendition of Cabbage-men was a little hard to miss.

I know, I didn't miss that.

That said, the online translator I use did have another translation for Hakusai.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

I am afraid to ask. But since bravery is not about NOT having fear, but rather moving on in spite of it...

Which is that?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

I am afraid to ask. But since bravery is not about NOT having fear, but rather moving on in spite of it...

Which is that?
    White rape.

It looked really odd, made me question the translator's usefulness a bit further. Shamefully, it is the only translator in the internet that uses our alphabet for both sides of the translation (kanji are sorta useless to me).
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-05-26 at 11:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    White rape.

It looked really odd, made me question the translator's usefulness a bit further. Shamefully, it is the only translator in the internet that uses our alphabet for both sides of the translation (kanji are sorta useless to me).
    Spoiler
    Show

Learn to read your kana, dude... something HAS to be wrong there.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I know zilch of japanese! The majority of people are in the same boat as I am.

But I seriously don't get that translation. So the fail is osmeone else's (and a pretty heavy fail at that).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #377
    Orc in the Playground

What's your build? ^_^

Going mostly melee. My girlfriend is doing Destruction, Healing, and Curse; my other friend is doing Shot up to Curse of the Wretched.

Our demons are pretty wide-spread, too. At the moment I've got a horse-cat-fish-woman, friend's got SWORDBIRD, and my girlfriend has... this thing.

...So how about those Hollows, huh?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Hey, I know zilch of japanese! The majority of people are in the same boat as I am.

But I seriously don't get that translation. So the fail is osmeone else's (and a pretty heavy fail at that).
    OBJECTION!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Should I kick myself for planning to take Alex home and 'train' him into a living arrancar before the Count adds his Bount stuff into him?

Or if you guys just prefer that I just kill Alex?
    That depends on how this plot affects your characters. Does yours have a reason to let the Quincy live? I, honestly, have taken my current non-leadership position rather seriously and have no idea what your characters are about.

Given that that is the lay of the land, the plot point progression that makes the most sense to me is for your character to deal a terminal wound to the guy before 'moving on to more significant matters'. From there, The Count could provide Alex with a Hollow-flavored bite that triggers a Resurrección-like event that saves his life.

If either of you feel differently, cool. I'm here to help facilitate story, however you lot want to run the scenes.

Edit: I also finished editing the touch up on the 'vamp'. If there are any objections to the refined product, I'd rather know now than in the middle of plot.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-26 at 02:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Going mostly melee. My girlfriend is doing Destruction, Healing, and Curse; my other friend is doing Shot up to Curse of the Wretched.

Our demons are pretty wide-spread, too. At the moment I've got a horse-cat-fish-woman, friend's got SWORDBIRD, and my girlfriend has... this thing.

...So how about those Hollows, huh?
    I'm a Magic Bullet user, myself.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Pixie in the Playground

You know Horngeek, if Hotaru is interested in younger-looking men, Daisuke is currently available.

"Wait, what?"
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I'm not a shotacon."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "...I'm not a shotacon."
    "...and I'd be very disturbed if that were the case."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

"And if she's interested in older..." *gag*

As a note, I'm running low on creativity juice and I'll have a relatively busy weekend, so don't wonder if I don't post much for a couple of days. I'll return to work as soon as I'm fully rested.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

25. - Top - End - #385
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "And if she's interested in older..." *gag*

As a note, I'm running low on creativity juice and I'll have a relatively busy weekend, so don't wonder if I don't post much for a couple of days. I'll return to work as soon as I'm fully rested.
    "They have other names for beer now? OW!"

Quiet, Rouga.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That depends on how this plot affects your characters. Does yours have a reason to let the Quincy live? I, honestly, have taken my current non-leadership position rather seriously and have no idea what your characters are about.

Given that that is the lay of the land, the plot point progression that makes the most sense to me is for your character to deal a terminal wound to the guy before 'moving on to more significant matters'. From there, The Count could provide Alex with a Hollow-flavored bite that triggers a Resurrección-like event that saves his life.

If either of you feel differently, cool. I'm here to help facilitate story, however you lot want to run the scenes.

Edit: I also finished editing the touch up on the 'vamp'. If there are any objections to the refined product, I'd rather know now than in the middle of plot.
    She's intrigued by mortals with awakened spiritual abilities. Granted she knows they exist way back in the past, but she deems then a rarity that she didn't bother to study last time.

And she wants to try a little experiment, but would not want to tap into any prisoner in the Pits, since they are automatically hostile.

Ok tell you what, this is my fault for butting in. Its very obvious that both of you have managed some sort of story and I am obviously intruding without knowing what's going on. For that I apologise.

Is anyone willing to create a new awakened mortal character for Cuerva to spirit away and groom into a potential weapon? Preferably someone who has experienced angst about powerlessness and wouldn't mind learning to grow no matter what the source of that learning or power is.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-26 at 05:18 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #387
    Orc in the Playground

She's intrigued by mortals with awakened spiritual abilities. Granted she knows they exist way back in the past, but she deems then a rarity that she didn't bother to study last time.

And she wants to try a little experiment, but would not want to tap into any prisoner in the Pits, since they are automatically hostile.

Ok tell you what, this is my fault for butting in. Its very obvious that both of you have managed some sort of story and I am obviously intruding without knowing what's going on. For that I apologise.

Is anyone willing to create a new awakened mortal character for Cuerva to spirit away and groom into a potential weapon?
    Here's a thought, why doesn't she talk to good ol' bitter Hasunaga? It will get her a couple of laughs even if she doesn't get a potential weapon out of it.

In fact... Subject 1864 would make an awesome character for that later down the road.

EDIT: Just as a side note, Riccaru. If Nao happens to read Soushi's report, he'll find that he has the backing of hard (fabricated) evidence to support his claims. There simply ISN'T any evidence of a second defector, and Soushi took great pains to ensure that, including setting up a poor schmuck unseated of the 4th to take the fall. Nao is free to suspect anything he wants, naturally, but he won't find hard proof of it. The most he'd have to go on is Suzume's testimony, and she's a pathological liar - plus she wasn't around for most of the action between Kujo and Soushi.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-26 at 05:25 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Here's a thought, why doesn't she talk to good ol' bitter Hasunaga? It will get her a couple of laughs even if she doesn't get a potential weapon out of it.

In fact... Subject 1864 would make an awesome character for that later down the road.
    Hasunaga would provide some laughs, Cuerva has never gone to school before, might be a good time to check it out.

As for Subject 1864.. are you willing to walk down that path with Cuerva-oneesama ?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

Hasunaga would provide some laughs, Cuerva has never gone to school before, might be a good time to check it out.

As for Subject 1864.. are you willing to walk down that path with Cuerva-oneesama ?
    That'd be friggin' awesome, though it's more of a later down the road thing. Is Cuerva capable of righteous indignation at the horrors perpetrated by some human beings?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

That'd be friggin' awesome, though it's more of a later down the road thing. Is Cuerva capable of righteous indignation at the horrors perpetrated by some human beings?
    Indignation at food for killing food? Sure. Indignation that they are surpassing Hollows for the creativity of said horrors? Definitely

And I wonder what happens if a Hollow is at ground zero of a normal mortal nuke...
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-26 at 05:33 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]