New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Only perhaps?
    Considering how he just isn't interested in the girls around him...

Yeah I think he's swinging the other way.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Could very well be a mumbo jumbo about how when two people fight its more than just muscle and steel, its convictions and belief and one's spirit in the fight as well.

Meaning...Ichigo's just trying to reach out to his opponents. (And perhaps sounding really really gay)
    Not "could very well be", it damn sure is. Any gayness dates back to times when the warrior caste considered love between men ideal.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #813
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Not "could very well be", it damn sure is. Any gayness dates back to times when the warrior caste considered love between men ideal.
    And therefore the ideal woman was a tomboyish, rough princess.

Which made Tachibana Ginchiyo the hottest woman ever. She was so hot, however, that she never let herself be tied down.

EDIT: Also, the whole "I can read your heart from the way you hold your phallic symbol" thing has been done long before, mundanely so, in several different works. One of which is Rurouni Kenshin, where the title character is freakishly strong because he's a Battle Psychologist.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-06-07 at 06:34 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

"...this conversation went disturbing fast."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    And therefore the ideal woman was a tomboyish, rough princess.

Which made Tachibana Ginchiyo the hottest woman ever. She was so hot, however, that she never let herself be tied down.
    I don't think it is true. I have never heard to be most beautiful. She was not princess and tied down is what meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "I'll take a pair."

He digs out his wallet, actually producing a debit card. He hands it over with a sheepish grin.

"My parents gave me an account to teach me responsible money management and all that. I've done some odd jobs here and there that gave me a little cash, enough for this at least."
    Is it often for American high school students to have credit card?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    A credit card? No. But a debit card? Yes.

To make sure there is no misunderstanding: Debit Card vs. Credit Card. One is basically like writing checks directly, the other incurs debt.

My brother, who's just now 18, has a debit/bank card, but not a credit card. I had an ATM card when I was 16 (that was before debit cards had really caught on), and a debit card a year or two later. But it wasn't until college I had a credit card.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #817
    Orc in the Playground

I don't think it is true. I have never heard to be most beautiful. She was not princess and tied down is what meaning?

That was a joke, Kasanip. ^_^;

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Princess in this case is supposed to mean beautiful (a common stereotype is that princesses are beautiful).

'Tied down' is a slang term that means 'to settle in a relationship' or to be married.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Considering how he just isn't interested in the girls around him...

Yeah I think he's swinging the other way.
    Just so you know, I'm pretty much ace and could have interpreted this as highly offensive.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Just so you know, I'm pretty much ace and could have interpreted this as highly offensive.
    Oh my
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Armin: Is there confirmation that this is a go?
    I think so, yes.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

Note: starting from tomorrow evening, I'll be on a camp till next week's wednesday. So don't wonder if I don't post anything.

EDIT: Gotta love how Aya is wallowing in depression - she sure took Sayuri's words to mean the worst ghing possible. XD
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-06-09 at 07:39 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #823
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rex's and Nakahiro's tracking skills prove useful in finding the spot with enough residual energy to recognize the presences of a few hollows as well as something else...

But it just vanishes from beyond that point.
    I probably should have clarified this earlier, but the compass isn't used to track spiritual energy. It points to the location of a specified individual. In this case, one of Kaito's parents.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

Note: starting from tomorrow evening, I'll be on a camp till next week's wednesday. So don't wonder if I don't post anything.

EDIT: Gotta love how Aya is wallowing in depression - she sure took Sayuri's words to mean the worst ghing possible. XD
    Saiyuri COULD have gone a little easier on her, all things considered, but it's a really bad situation they're in, so I'm not surprised she didn't.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #825
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Saiyuri COULD have gone a little easier on her, all things considered, but it's a really bad situation they're in, so I'm not surprised she didn't.
    Dorama!
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #826
    Pixie in the Playground

this is just a heads up.

I will be starting an Episode thread (per FF's suggestion) soon. It will be for days 13-20 in the Soul Society and will involve myself and Kasanip, playing my Vice Captain (Hirokatsu) and her 4th Seat (Kaki) of 9th Division.

It is a kind of training/powers exploration episode for Kaki and Hirokatsu, which will take them both out to the Rukongai.

When we are ready to begin I will PM a link to it as well as the title to the person who started the OOC thread so they can add the link.

Thanks

PS: Here is quick rundown of my characters and what they are doing/planning to do and what days they are on.

-Hirokatsu: new episode as described above for the days explained
    -Taro: talking with Misaki and her Dad on the Kido Corps grounds (Day 4), will probably hang out with her for a bit and jump forward to 21 and to whatever is going on
    -Eiji: can be on any day if needed, but he is basically doing his job at the 1st Division. If no one needs him i will have him on whatever the most recent day is (21?) At some point i would like him to get involved in SOME kind of plot. I'd like to show his powers a little, so if someone is interested in somethinf similar maybe we could make it happen together.
    -Yaago: After Day 14, in the Hueco Mundo desert wandering around killing whatever he likes. He will eventually meet up with Genoveva again and join her in her plans., whatever they are.
    -Izanagi: riding his new motorcycle towards the High School for more preparatory shots for the School's "Photo Day" job he landed. He is on any day anyone needs him or i want to put him, i will probably go with the most recent day if no one wants him for something else. I want him to stumble on spiritual stuff going on so he can take some pictures of it with his new camera. Eventually i want him to do the Photo Day at the High School, and meet the kids there perhaps opening his eyes to the spiritual happenings a bit more. Also, i want him to discover a little red button on his new camera that will have his camera do something fun to release a fun power, or realize it is his fullbring or something...i like playing with the power idea based on the myth of a camera "Capturing a person's soul".

17. - Top - End - #827
    Barbarian in the Playground

Something tells me Aya going anyway, against Sayuri's commands will not, in fact, turn out good for them. Akio left to fight a hollow, and now he's been stripped of rank. Aya's leaving against orders as well, so going probably won't turn out well.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

18. - Top - End - #828
    Orc in the Playground

Something tells me Aya going anyway, against Sayuri's commands will not, in fact, turn out good for them. Akio left to fight a hollow, and now he's been stripped of rank. Aya's leaving against orders as well, so going probably won't turn out well.
    True, though Akio was in a higher hierarchical position (meaning he had much higher responsibility to account for), and he clocked two fellow Shinigami on the way out.

Had he so much as left a note saying he'd be going somewhere, and slipped out unnoticed, his reprimand would have been at least a little lighter. Mind you, he might well get punished either way, but not as hard; what really did it for him was the assault. As it was, he could very well be mistaken for a turncoat.

Shishiou would probably be taking this hardest, however, as he has a lot of "I need to live up to others' expectations of me" syndrome to overcome. (And knowing him he'd probably say he talked Aya into doing it anyway.)

It's a bit early to tell though. The operation's details have yet to be fully decided.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

Keep in mind that given that it involves the Mortal World, Natsuko will probably want to have some 13th presence in the mission, even if she doesn't go herself. If Shishiou volunteers for that...

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

20. - Top - End - #830

True, though Akio was in a higher hierarchical position (meaning he had much higher responsibility to account for), and he clocked two fellow Shinigami on the way out.

Had he so much as left a note saying he'd be going somewhere, and slipped out unnoticed, his reprimand would have been at least a little lighter. Mind you, he might well get punished either way, but not as hard; what really did it for him was the assault. As it was, he could very well be mistaken for a turncoat.

Shishiou would probably be taking this hardest, however, as he has a lot of "I need to live up to others' expectations of me" syndrome to overcome. (And knowing him he'd probably say he talked Aya into doing it anyway.)

It's a bit early to tell though. The operation's details have yet to be fully decided.

I thought Aya was a fourth seat? She's also now captain material.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Orc in the Playground

I thought Aya was a fourth seat? She's also now captain material.
    Akio was acting Captain of his division when his escapade happened, though. And her being able to use Bankai is a much more recent development - which in fact happened because she hopes to be in that mission.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #832

Akio was acting Captain of his division when his escapade happened, though. And her being able to use Bankai is a much more recent development - which in fact happened because she hopes to be in that mission.
    Which is why she shouldn't be going. She has better things to do than to go after him herself.

If he was captain then him leaving the seretei shouldn't have been illegal, since as captain he should have been allowed to leave. He wouldn't have been shirking duties since he would be the one making said duties.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Acting Captain.

Also, as stated, he assaulted guards, and didn't tell anyone where he was going.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Since Aya had been training with Captain Taiki, it makes sense that Aya would inform him that she wants to join the mission, hopefully her Captain will help her edge a few words in to the team.

If not, its as good as leaving a note, if not better. Captain Taiki would know Aya wishes to go whether or not she's part of the team.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ettin in the Playground

Fun fact: Since he was acting captain he could have avoided all that by issuing himself orders to go to the mortal world.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #836
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Fun fact: Since he was acting captain he could have avoided all that by issuing himself orders to go to the mortal world.
    See that's what happens when everyone's running around on knee-jerk reactions and overwrought emotions instead of calming down and finding proper ways of doing things.

Yeah I'm deep in corporate behavior so sue me
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, an idea for a power: how would people react to an ability which was basically 'ignore spiritual armor'. Basically, Hierro and differences in reiatsu would have no effect on someone with the power- any strikes from that person deal the same amount of damage as they would on a normal human being.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #838

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Incidentally, an idea for a power: how would people react to an ability which was basically 'ignore spiritual armor'. Basically, Hierro and differences in reiatsu would have no effect on someone with the power- any strikes from that person deal the same amount of damage as they would on a normal human being.
    It would take away some people's shtick. Like Rouga's. I'd like to hear more of it though.

Akio Yama's Bankai proposal

"Fade to dust, Reigning Noble."

Reigning Noble dissolves into the same sands that inhabit Noble Death's hourglass, covering a wide area of the ground in Akio's weapon. Akio has control over the sands, allowing him to create physical shapes from the ground, such as spikes to attack his enemies, or barriers to defend himself. Akio can also use a portion of the sands to create a weapon in order to attack and defend with. This weapon most often takes the form of Noble Death's sealed state, but can be other weapons as well.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    I see no issue with this, as long as it only ignores spiritual-based defenses and has no other abilities.

It would take away some people's shtick. Like Rouga's. I'd like to hear more of it though.

Akio Yama's Bankai proposal

"Fade to dust, Reigning Noble."

Reigning Noble dissolves into the same sands that inhabit Noble Death's hourglass, covering a wide area of the ground in Akio's weapon. Akio has control over the sands, allowing him to create physical shapes from the ground, such as spikes to attack his enemies, or barriers to defend himself. Akio can also use a portion of the sands to create a weapon in order to attack and defend with. This weapon most often takes the form of Noble Death's sealed state, but can be other weapons as well.
    If Rouga relies only on his schtick, I don't think he'd live that long.

As for your sand...Reene has sand-control powers. Would she hijack your ability?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Since the sand is part of the bankai, no she wouldn't be able to simply hijack the whole thing.

But she would probably have a constant, spherical danku surrounding her as far as sand-based attacks are concerned.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing