Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The artificial soul is likely some sort of spiritual microchip with a very basic artificial intelligence inside, and likely has zero spiritual power. A modsoul is stronger and smarter and likely has additional requirements for its production. But likely not blanks or any proper souls, in all likelyhood they just take an initial infusion of spiritual power by someone and then become able to generate their own, like awakening a human.

    I likely used likely one too many times in that paragraph.

    Likely.
    Soul Candy is like calorie-free candy for Arrancar then.

    Now Mod-souls would be tasty, or at best a light snack.

    Likely.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I'm off the opinion that, to a menos class (arrancar or not), any non-hollow soul compares to a hollow soul like marguerine compares to butter, it is just not enough.

    It's why Von geister keeps comparing the humans to cows. It's what you make food out off, but you don't just kill a cow and start biting off bits of meat then and there.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Now now, Cuerva is not Sereg. She's more subtle and careful
    I would like to point out he explicitly wanted that attention. He was just unaware of the SWORD fellows. MY intention throughout the whole thing was to have Sereg learn of the mortal world student characters on his own. That plan went in the crapper when the spiritual mob assaulted him. I still say he was innocent

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Elephants are more subtle and careful than Sereg.
    He managed to make off with not one, but two chunks of sekiseki along with blood and flesh samples from right under the new Primera's nose. Now he's got even more on the table at the moment. I'd say he was pretty subtle using the inherent properties of sekiseki in order to hide the reiatsu of the samples, and to use the unwillingness to touch it as another measure of hiding the samples.

    He's also making a weapon which will look and be sensed as normal soul steal, which will drain the power of anyone who's attacked by it.

    Oh, and careful is for the fearful.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    The artificial soul is likely some sort of spiritual microchip with a very basic artificial intelligence inside, and probably has zero spiritual power. A modsoul is stronger and smarter and expectedly has additional requirements for its production. But ostensibly not blanks or any proper souls, in all likelyhood they just take an initial infusion of spiritual power by someone and then become able to generate their own, like awakening a human.

    I plausibly used likely one too many times in that paragraph.

    Conceivable.
    Fixed it for you.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I'm off the opinion that, to a menos class (arrancar or not), any non-hollow soul compares to a hollow soul like marguerine compares to butter, it is just not enough.

    It's why Von geister keeps comparing the humans to cows. It's what you make food out off, but you don't just kill a cow and start biting off bits of meat then and there.
    So modsouls are Tofu then?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    While I have never eaten Tofu, i do believe one of its atractives is that it has a proteic value that is very close to meat.

    Marguerine, on the other hand, on sole gorunds of being vegetable matter, is not as caloric or protein rich as good old spoiled milk derivates.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    I would like to point out he explicitly wanted that attention. He was just unaware of the SWORD fellows. MY intention throughout the whole thing was to have Sereg learn of the mortal world student characters on his own. That plan went in the crapper when the spiritual mob assaulted him. I still say he was innocent
    Why the heck did you want the kids interacting with Sereg? That's...he's so far beyond what they can or should deal with, it makes no sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    He managed to make off with not one, but two chunks of sekiseki along with blood and flesh samples from right under the new Primera's nose. Now he's got even more on the table at the moment. I'd say he was pretty subtle using the inherent properties of sekiseki in order to hide the reiatsu of the samples, and to use the unwillingness to touch it as another measure of hiding the samples.

    He's also making a weapon which will look and be sensed as normal soul steal, which will drain the power of anyone who's attacked by it.

    Oh, and careful is for the fearful.
    If the steel (because "steal" is a verb for theft, not an alloy of iron) means they can't detect the sekkiseki, would it not stand to reason, then, that it would also not drain them, until and unless its true nature is revealed? It's like saying "this lead-coated uranium won't show up on their geiger counters, but it sure will irradiate them good!", you know?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Why the heck did you want the kids interacting with Sereg? That's...he's so far beyond what they can or should deal with, it makes no sense.


    If the steel (because "steal" is a verb for theft, not an alloy of iron) means they can't detect the sekkiseki, would it not stand to reason, then, that it would also not drain them, until and unless its true nature is revealed? It's like saying "this lead-coated uranium won't show up on their geiger counters, but it sure will irradiate them good!", you know?
    So is Reene. I never said he wanted to fight them. I never said he wanted to fight at all. If you remember correctly Sereg not only didn't start it, he tried to bring it to a standstill and escape.

    The sekiseki will be overpowered by Sereg's own Reiatsu, which as he's shown he isn't above pushing on the enemy. If he's fighting in Hueco Mundo the other reiatsu in the area would also serve to hide it. There's also no reason they'd be able to sense it. It drains reiatsu, it doesn't have any of its' own. The steel around it is to hide the visual clues.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    So I did some thinking about Zarah's rogue zanpaktou idea, as well as the suggestion of them being based on legendary beings.

    So, the concept is this. Zanpaktou are beings that are a product of a shinigami's mind and soul. They live with their masters, thrive on their attention and knowledge, and die alongside them.

    But perhaps, one in every one hundred, or more likely every one thousand, a strong-willed spirit emerges that can evolve past this point of symbiotic codependency. By adopting a concept of many minds, the easiest being a legend of an extraordinary being tied into a particular sphere of their belief, they no longer need a master, and can live independently.

    Perhaps there's a japanese name for it, but the name that instantly came to me was Egregore.

    So, for instance, a bird-like zanpaktou spirit could adopt the legend of the garuda, roc, or phoenix.

    It would still be vaguely possible, perhaps, for someone strongly enough attuned to the legend to be accepted by an Egregore for wielding, but should the wielder die, the Egregore would live on. Perhaps they could even choose to leave if the wielder is proven unworthy.

    Just some food for thought.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    <.<
    >.>

    Why do I immediately think of Hyorinmaru when you say that?

    In any case, I do like the idea.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    <.<
    >.>

    Why do I immediately think of Hyorinmaru when you say that?

    In any case, I do like the idea.
    Because he's a white chinese dragon.

    And that's the legend of one of the Chinese rivers. A White river and A black river.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Hyorinmaru doesn't actually hold any basis in any legends I know of. Just Bleach.

    EDIT: ...Well, Terry beats me there.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-05-23 at 01:28 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hadrian_Emrys's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Freeland, WA

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    So I did some thinking about Zarah's rogue zanpaktou idea, as well as the suggestion of them being based on legendary beings.

    So, the concept is this. Zanpaktou are beings that are a product of a shinigami's mind and soul. They live with their masters, thrive on their attention and knowledge, and die alongside them.

    But perhaps, one in every one hundred, or more likely every one thousand, a strong-willed spirit emerges that can evolve past this point of symbiotic codependency. By adopting a concept of many minds, the easiest being a legend of an extraordinary being tied into a particular sphere of their belief, they no longer need a master, and can live independently.

    Perhaps there's a japanese name for it, but the name that instantly came to me was Egregore.

    So, for instance, a bird-like zanpaktou spirit could adopt the legend of the garuda, roc, or phoenix.

    It would still be vaguely possible, perhaps, for someone strongly enough attuned to the legend to be accepted by an Egregore for wielding, but should the wielder die, the Egregore would live on. Perhaps they could even choose to leave if the wielder is proven unworthy.

    Just some food for thought.
    Just letting you clowns know in advance that, in the event that this concept is ever fleshed out and accepted, I call dibs on the unicorn/kirin.
    Avatar by Zarah
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    I imagined that's where you were going with it. Makes for a good "with great powers comes great responsibility" type of story; like Ben Grimm finding out he can go back to being plain human, witnessing the events around him and deciding to go back to being The Thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Another possible plot is that a group may want to reverse the character's power in order to give otherwise powerless individuals, well, power. It would put the character in a bit of a "Innoue" role. Or they could try to see what her power would do used on someone without powers without trying to change it. Or if she used it on a plus or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Very cool to see that character written out and we can take a look at it.
    So clearly the answer is "write a character sheet and we'll talk." Sounds awesome.

    And several powersets have some way of getting them back. Quincy can apparently regain much of their abilities by getting shot in a specific place. I would guess a Shinigami made mortal could somehow become a Substitute, though it would probably require some very specific training methods. (I mean, it was Urahara that did it.) Hollows that wanted to go back could just, um, die. Technically. I guess that one's not so easy. The majority of Mediums would probably have to develop some special, in-story method. So it wouldn't technically be permanent, but it wouldn't be "Oh yeah, you can have this back whenever bee-tee-dubs."

    (Also considering the references made the character may just end up being a she. My male/female character ratio is a bit lopsided...)
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-23 at 01:41 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    So I decided to make a new character. I vaguely remember that Mercenary Arrancar, so why not a Mercenary Shinigami?

    Mukudori, Kazuki (Last Name, First Name) - Rogue Shinigami, Mercenary
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gender: Male
    Age: Unfathomably Old. (Appears to be in his early twenties)
    Height: 6'.
    Weight: approx. 175 lbs.
    Reiatsu: A calming, peaceful aura, with a hint of amusement.
    Rank: Unranked by Modern Standards.
    Aliases: The Grey Lord, Mercenary of Death, Chronicler.
    Quote: "I apologize for troubling you, Shinigami-san, but could you perhaps calm yourself?"


    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is it you wish to know of my looks, Reader-san?"

    Kazuki stands at six feet tall, and wears an outfit that does not befit an ex-Shinigami. He wears a Kasa, which covers his eyes. He has blonde spiky hair, with more than long spikey sideburns. However, the hair constantly droops downwards, over his face, due to his refusal to remove the Kasa. In addition, he wears a white coat over a black kimono, and carries two swords, one hung loosely at his side, a normal sword, a curious blade, not a zanpakuto, just a normal spirit sword, as well as his Zanpakuto, sealed, jammed through the back of his belt. Kazuki is loathe to use his Zanpakuto, preferring to use the spirit sword he carries with him, as he feels a Zanpakuto should not be drawn in anger, or merely for amusement. It should only be drawn when you have an intent to kill.


    History:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Reader-san, are you sure you wish to know of my history?"

    Kazuki appeared in the Soul Society long ago, far, far, too long ago to remember. He joined the Court Guard in a time before there were divisions, and captains.

    But then, he left on a mission, and fought a Hollow. To a standstill. The exhilaration, the rush of the duel, made him want more. He returned, and continued his duties.

    And millennia later, after all his comrades had died, or left, he remained. And he was honored. Idolized by the younger for his long life, his skill. Adored, by the women who he was so polite to, telling them that he could not take their requests, he was far too attached to his duties. The Third Seat of the First Division of Seireitei, the Chronicler of Seireitei. But he was restless. Tired, tired of the monotony.

    And so he left. Leaving a note in his place.

    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Shinigami-san(s),

    I am tired of this. Bored of the monotony. I think I shall take my leave of this place temporarily Shinigami-san. I think I will look for the strong ones for a time, perhaps see them in combat.

    Goodbye,

    Kazuki Mukudori.
    "



    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Reader-san, what more do you wish to know?"

    Kazuki is renowned for his lack of normal emotions, and his perchance for calling most people by a nickname, such as Shinigami, Hollow, Blade, or Light. All with the suffix of -san. He does not show emotions even in battle, although there is sometimes a flare of emotion when he grows frustrated, angered, or bemused by events surrounding him.


    Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zanpakuto Release Command: Multiply, Nakago.
    Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple katana, with a blade of about three feet in length.


    Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A continent, half of which is filled with death and decay, the other half bright and full of life.


    Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Name: Nakago.

    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakago appears to look like a veteran samurai, wearing a black kimono, and he has several scars over his body. He has a trimmed black beard and a mustache, as well as black hair pulled back into a spiky ponytail. He also has a scar running down his left eye, and kind blue eyes.


    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagako is cold and rough towards Kazuki, but secretly enjoys the man's company. Due to the long history the duo share, their interactions that would appear hostile to others are merely playful to themselves.


    Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto, while rarely used, let alone unleashed, has a strange release. The sword splits itself into seven, all of which hover in the air around Kazuki. These swords differ in shape and size, varying from a two feet in length to seven feet.
    Shikai Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto can operate up to twenty feet away from him. Any farther and the blades become normal swords, unable to cut spiritual opponents.


    Ban Kai: Ban Kai, Nagako.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki does not wish to achieve Ban Kai, feeling it to be a tiresome chore, as well as a crutch towards the more powerful Shinigami.


    General Abiltiies:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Weapons Master!: Kazuki trained himself in various disciplines of weapons, sword styles, and several different types of weaponry. However, all these are designed for close range combat, up to twenty feet, as his Shikai would allow.

    Kido: Kazuki is proficient at Kido, able to use up to Hado 30 without incantations at 50% power, and may go up to 70 with incantations at 75% power.

    Zanjutsu: A master of the sword, Kazuki often practices with his blade.

    Hakuda: Kazuki's Hakuda abilities are hampered by his enjoyment of going toe to toe, blade to blade, with his opponents. He has a strong aversion towards "Beating opponents down with brute strength", as he looks for the strongest, the most powerful, the most cunning, not the one who has more strength.

    Shunpo: Kazuki's Shunpo skills are expert, on par with most Vice Captains and a few Captains.




    I'm not sure if I made him too powerful, or his backstory too unbelievable.

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-23 at 03:29 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    So we now have mercenaries of EVERY powerset!
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    So we now have mercenaries of EVERY powerset!
    Samsara.

    Terry, four feet long for a blade is extremely long. Most katanas have a 28 inch or less blade. It would also be fairly difficult to carry on his waist like that. Perhaps it would be an odachi. Although carrying it would be a problem. With weapons that size people sometimes even had someone follow them to help them draw their sword. Just a few tidbits, of which I'm sure Kuroi would know more about.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    So we now have mercenaries of EVERY powerset!
    Theoretical Fullbring Mercenary is sad.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Samsara.

    Terry, four feet long for a blade is extremely long. Most katanas have a 28 inch or less blade. It would also be fairly difficult to carry on his waist like that. Perhaps it would be an odachi. Although carrying it would be a problem. With weapons that size people sometimes even had someone follow them to help them draw their sword. Just a few tidbits, of which I'm sure Kuroi would know more about.
    Oh.

    I'll make it three feet long. That seems reasonable.

    @HG: I thought everyone decided we weren't doing Fullbring.

    Or was that before how ridiculously lame Fullbring turned out to be?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    tgva8889's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Middle of Nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I don't think anyone decided anything about Fullbring or not. I see no reason why you couldn't use it, even if you didn't call it that. I mean, the Quincy are very similar to Fullbringers, especially if you look at what Ichigo's does, for example. (spoiler)

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Samsara.
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Theoretical Fullbring Mercenary is sad.
    These comments only inspire me to make these characters.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-05-23 at 03:57 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    The sekiseki will be overpowered by Sereg's own Reiatsu, which as he's shown he isn't above pushing on the enemy. If he's fighting in Hueco Mundo the other reiatsu in the area would also serve to hide it. There's also no reason they'd be able to sense it. It drains reiatsu, it doesn't have any of its' own. The steel around it is to hide the visual clues.
    The answer is right there bro.

    In a place saturated with spirit particles like Hueco Mundo or Soul Society, anyone sensing spirit particles will (as I have already mentioned in Cuerva's post) sense a void of spirit particles in a particular area. Those more sensitive will sense spirit particles near that void to gravitate towards the void, like iron fillings around a magnet.

    As it stands, anyone who has had reasonable contact with this mineral will also know the effects of this mineral and hence would know how it might be detected.

    And as for the whole cover with steel idea. If sekkiseki drains by touch, unless you have some mechanism that withdraws the steel the moment the weapon is in a body, I honestly think it does jack to the victim.

    But hey, good idea to try to turn that mineral into a weapon, Kazuma has one made entirely out of that thing and he's not exactly screwed when touching it. I could guess that getting hit by that thing isn't going to do plenty either.

    Maybe if you embed it into the enemy, and somehow the enemy cannot dig it out, now that would be really really nasty
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    The answer is right there bro.

    In a place saturated with spirit particles like Hueco Mundo or Soul Society, anyone sensing spirit particles will (as I have already mentioned in Cuerva's post) sense a void of spirit particles in a particular area. Those more sensitive will sense spirit particles near that void to gravitate towards the void, like iron fillings around a magnet.

    As it stands, anyone who has had reasonable contact with this mineral will also know the effects of this mineral and hence would know how it might be detected.

    And as for the whole cover with steel idea. If sekkiseki drains by touch, unless you have some mechanism that withdraws the steel the moment the weapon is in a body, I honestly think it does jack to the victim.

    But hey, good idea to try to turn that mineral into a weapon, Kazuma has one made entirely out of that thing and he's not exactly screwed when touching it. I could guess that getting hit by that thing isn't going to do plenty either.

    Maybe if you embed it into the enemy, and somehow the enemy cannot dig it out, now that would be really really nasty
    You forget that, thanks to you, Kazuma's sword is made of GAR and win, and therefore does not apply in this situation.

    But seriously, a sword of sekkiseki? Kazuma would murder Sereg if he tries that crap on him. Seeing as Kazuma trains with a sekkiseki sword and all.

    And then you cover it? KD had the best analogy. "Lead-covered uranium irradiating people". That's the reason you covered it with lead. To avoid that from happening.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-23 at 04:41 AM.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Oh.

    I'll make it three feet long. That seems reasonable.

    @HG: I thought everyone decided we weren't doing Fullbring.

    Or was that before how ridiculously lame Fullbring turned out to be?


    I like most of the Fullbrings introduced.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    You forget that, thanks to you, Kazuma's sword is made of GAR and win, and therefore does not apply in this situation.

    But seriously, a sword of sekkiseki? Kazuma would murder Sereg if he tries that crap on him. Seeing as Kazuma trains with a sekkiseki sword and all.

    And then you cover it? KD had the best analogy. "Lead-covered uranium irradiating people". That's the reason you covered it with lead. To avoid that from happening.
    Yes, the point is its gotta be exposed to have an effect through touch. If sekkiseki works by proximity, its no issue in the first place, but it would not be undetectable.

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post


    I like most of the Fullbrings introduced.
    Well. I have a Fullbring concept that involves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Gundam Models
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Terry576's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SPACE.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post


    I like most of the Fullbrings introduced.
    I meant the stupid box.

    God how I hate that stupid box thing. It can't warp space and time, nope! Just let you chill in it for a while.

    But the video game's kid Fullbring is really cool.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    Avatar by me.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I meant the stupid box.

    God how I hate that stupid box thing. It can't warp space and time, nope! Just let you chill in it for a while.

    But the video game's kid Fullbring is really cool.
    Don't suppose he's anything like this?

    People are referencing Kazuma without me being involved in the conversation! That's really cool.

    Also:
    Hakusai
    Your crimes just came to bite you in the ass. With extreme prejudice.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Kasanip's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    So I did some thinking about Zarah's rogue zanpaktou idea, as well as the suggestion of them being based on legendary beings.

    So, the concept is this. Zanpaktou are beings that are a product of a shinigami's mind and soul. They live with their masters, thrive on their attention and knowledge, and die alongside them.

    But perhaps, one in every one hundred, or more likely every one thousand, a strong-willed spirit emerges that can evolve past this point of symbiotic codependency. By adopting a concept of many minds, the easiest being a legend of an extraordinary being tied into a particular sphere of their belief, they no longer need a master, and can live independently.

    Perhaps there's a japanese name for it, but the name that instantly came to me was Egregore.

    So, for instance, a bird-like zanpaktou spirit could adopt the legend of the garuda, roc, or phoenix.

    It would still be vaguely possible, perhaps, for someone strongly enough attuned to the legend to be accepted by an Egregore for wielding, but should the wielder die, the Egregore would live on. Perhaps they could even choose to leave if the wielder is proven unworthy.

    Just some food for thought.
    The word maybe for such a thing is 思念体 Shinentai. Maybe never it is used in real things. But in fiction it is an idea sometimes talked about.

    But if to use such an idea, already there is real being, so zanpakutou is to copy of this idea to maintain. I wonder how the real being would feel of such a copying sword.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    That reminds me, we should revisit the ideas of the four horses of the Apocalypse eventually.

    Give the guys in Hueco Mundo even more to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Oh.

    I'll make it three feet long. That seems reasonable.

    @HG: I thought everyone decided we weren't doing Fullbring.

    Or was that before how ridiculously lame Fullbring turned out to be?
    Well, that's still quite unwieldy, but only by real world standards. I'd get a laugh out of watching him try to unsheathe that thing in a timely manner if he weren't a fantasy character.

    He doesn't seem THAT overpoweringly strong to me (though the flying weapons bit is disturbingly similar to Magatsu's Shikai). Is there any particular reason why he has to be millennia old? Even a few hundred years of experience should suffice (I mean, Hannibal is not that old, and he's one of the strongest characters of this setting). Masaru is Captain-level with "only" 400 years under his belt, to note a fairly old character.

    EDIT: Actually, looking at the measurements, I realized I'm doing crazy talk here. Because a katana specifically has a length appropriate to its owner's height, its size can vary drastically from owner to owner. I'm not that tall and I can handle a 3 feet shinai with relative ease. So four feet is... big, but not unreasonably so. Still, it's a REALLY long sword by many standards.

    EDIT2: Checking with my shinai at home, it seems a good rule of thumb is that an appropriately-sized katana's hilt ends where your abdomen meets your chestline. I THINK that's roughly two-thirds one's height.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-23 at 08:10 AM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Edge's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Egregore ideas.
    Are you trying to make me create more Shin Megami Tensei expy characters?

    This idea has my approval, even if it would swamp me with character concepts.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    That reminds me, we should revisit the ideas of the four horses of the Apocalypse eventually.

    Give the guys in Hueco Mundo even more to do.


    Well, that's still quite unwieldy, but only by real world standards. I'd get a laugh out of watching him try to unsheathe that thing in a timely manner if he weren't a fantasy character.

    He doesn't seem THAT overpoweringly strong to me (though the flying weapons bit is disturbingly similar to Magatsu's Shikai). Is there any particular reason why he has to be millennia old? Even a few hundred years of experience should suffice (I mean, Hannibal is not that old, and he's one of the strongest characters of this setting). Masaru is Captain-level with "only" 400 years under his belt, to note a fairly old character.

    EDIT: Actually, looking at the measurements, I realized I'm doing crazy talk here. Because a katana specifically has a length appropriate to its owner's height, its size can vary drastically from owner to owner. I'm not that tall and I can handle a 3 feet shinai with relative ease. So four feet is... big, but not unreasonably so. Still, it's a REALLY long sword by many standards.

    EDIT2: Checking with my shinai at home, it seems a good rule of thumb is that an appropriately-sized katana's hilt ends where your abdomen meets your chestline. I THINK that's roughly two-thirds one's height.
    That's a shinai, my bokken is slightly longer than from my hip to my feet.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •