Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    That's a shinai, my bokken is slightly longer than from my hip to my feet.
    *nods sagely*

    Heh... "bokken". I'm so used to using bokutou instead.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    *nods sagely*

    Heh... "bokken". I'm so used to using bokutou instead.
    Tell me more about the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-23 at 08:44 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Horses, Nick. Not Horsemen.

    I'll see if I can dig up the post where I talked about them in one of the earlier threads after I shower.

    Today I ran so hard that the drizzle evaporated off my body when I was finished. It was pretty cool.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Hahahahaha true.

    Oh question. Shinigami have Soul Candy to get out of their gigai and have it walk away to safety.

    What about us Arrancar?
    My opinion is as follows:

    Shinigami, unlike Hollows or Arrancars, still have a Chain of Fate, it's just invisible. As their Gigais resemble their former/actual bodies, I think we could say their Chain attaches itself to the body. When they're in Gigai, they really are alive and "mortal", in a way.

    Hollows and Arrancars, however, have a hole where the Chain should be. So I'd think they'd have much easier time just jumping in and out of bodies. At least, this is my reasoning to why Elder can do it so easily. Unlike a Shinigami's Gigai, Yui's body is not her, so she can just discard it like loose clothes if need be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I'm off the opinion that, to a menos class (arrancar or not), any non-hollow soul compares to a hollow soul like marguerine compares to butter, it is just not enough.

    It's why Von geister keeps comparing the humans to cows. It's what you make food out off, but you don't just kill a cow and start biting off bits of meat then and there.
    I think it's more general than that. To a powerful Hollow, any soul below a certain treshold of Reiryoky is not worth it. That's why unexpectedly powerful humans, and maybe even Shinigami, would risk attracting them.

    An ordinary human is like a drop of dew to someone dying of thirst. A powerful human, or another powerful Hollow, is like a full flass, or in best of cases, like a well or lake.

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    So I did some thinking about Zarah's rogue zanpaktou idea, as well as the suggestion of them being based on legendary beings.
    There's has never been a reason why Zanpakuto spirits couldn't be based on legendary beings, or why legendary beings couldn't be based on them. Most of my characters are themed after one mythological creature or another. Zamiel directly corresponds to the Devil of a certain famous play (as well as the in-game mythical Black Huntsman), Lalita is an Asura, Hachirou's Zanpakuto is a Djinni, Nasumi's Zanpakuto draws heavily from Ourobouros, Hannibal is an Oni/Ogre/Troll/Demon (your pick), Elder is based on several mythological beings at once, and so on.

    So any mythical being is pretty much fair game.

    I still feel, though, that the owner of a rogue spirit should still be alive somewhere. Kouga is a perfect example from the filler that introduced the concept, having been sealed and hidden inside a giant tree. It might be the spirit itself has its owner trapped somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    So I decided to make a new character. I vaguely remember that Mercenary Arrancar, so why not a Mercenary Shinigami?

    Mukudori, Kazuki (Last Name, First Name) - Rogue Shinigami, Mercenary
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gender: Male
    Age: Unfathomably Old. (Appears to be in his early twenties)
    Height: 6'.
    Weight: approx. 175 lbs.
    Reiatsu: A calming, peaceful aura, with a hint of amusement.
    Rank: Unranked by Modern Standards.
    Aliases: The Grey Lord, Mercenary of Death, Chronicler.
    Quote: "I apologize for troubling you, Shinigami-san, but could you perhaps calm yourself?"


    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is it you wish to know of my looks, Reader-san?"

    Kazuki stands at six feet tall, and wears an outfit that does not befit an ex-Shinigami. He wears a Kasa, which covers his eyes. He has blonde spiky hair, with more than long spikey sideburns. However, the hair constantly droops downwards, over his face, due to his refusal to remove the Kasa. In addition, he wears a white coat over a black kimono, and carries two swords, one hung loosely at his side, a normal sword, a curious blade, not a zanpakuto, just a normal spirit sword, as well as his Zanpakuto, sealed, jammed through the back of his belt. Kazuki is loathe to use his Zanpakuto, preferring to use the spirit sword he carries with him, as he feels a Zanpakuto should not be drawn in anger, or merely for amusement. It should only be drawn when you have an intent to kill.


    History:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Reader-san, are you sure you wish to know of my history?"

    Kazuki appeared in the Soul Society long ago, far, far, too long ago to remember. He joined the Court Guard in a time before there were divisions, and captains.

    But then, he left on a mission, and fought a Hollow. To a standstill. The exhilaration, the rush of the duel, made him want more. He returned, and continued his duties.

    And millennia later, after all his comrades had died, or left, he remained. And he was honored. Idolized by the younger for his long life, his skill. Adored, by the women who he was so polite to, telling them that he could not take their requests, he was far too attached to his duties. The Third Seat of the First Division of Seireitei, the Chronicler of Seireitei. But he was restless. Tired, tired of the monotony.

    And so he left. Leaving a note in his place.

    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Shinigami-san(s),

    I am tired of this. Bored of the monotony. I think I shall take my leave of this place temporarily Shinigami-san. I think I will look for the strong ones for a time, perhaps see them in combat.

    Goodbye,

    Kazuki Mukudori.
    "



    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Reader-san, what more do you wish to know?"

    Kazuki is renowned for his lack of normal emotions, and his perchance for calling most people by a nickname, such as Shinigami, Hollow, Blade, or Light. All with the suffix of -san. He does not show emotions even in battle, although there is sometimes a flare of emotion when he grows frustrated, angered, or bemused by events surrounding him.


    Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zanpakuto Release Command: Multiply, Nakago.
    Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple katana, with a blade of about three feet in length.


    Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A continent, half of which is filled with death and decay, the other half bright and full of life.


    Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Name: Nakago.

    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakago appears to look like a veteran samurai, wearing a black kimono, and he has several scars over his body. He has a trimmed black beard and a mustache, as well as black hair pulled back into a spiky ponytail. He also has a scar running down his left eye, and kind blue eyes.


    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagako is cold and rough towards Kazuki, but secretly enjoys the man's company. Due to the long history the duo share, their interactions that would appear hostile to others are merely playful to themselves.


    Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto, while rarely used, let alone unleashed, has a strange release. The sword splits itself into seven, all of which hover in the air around Kazuki. These swords differ in shape and size, varying from a two feet in length to seven feet.
    Shikai Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto can operate up to twenty feet away from him. Any farther and the blades become normal swords, unable to cut spiritual opponents.


    Ban Kai: Ban Kai, Nagako.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki does not wish to achieve Ban Kai, feeling it to be a tiresome chore, as well as a crutch towards the more powerful Shinigami.


    General Abiltiies:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Weapons Master!: Kazuki trained himself in various disciplines of weapons, sword styles, and several different types of weaponry. However, all these are designed for close range combat, up to twenty feet, as his Shikai would allow.

    Kido: Kazuki is proficient at Kido, able to use up to Hado 30 without incantations at 50% power, and may go up to 70 with incantations at 75% power.

    Zanjutsu: A master of the sword, Kazuki often practices with his blade.

    Hakuda: Kazuki's Hakuda abilities are hampered by his enjoyment of going toe to toe, blade to blade, with his opponents. He has a strong aversion towards "Beating opponents down with brute strength", as he looks for the strongest, the most powerful, the most cunning, not the one who has more strength.

    Shunpo: Kazuki's Shunpo skills are expert, on par with most Vice Captains and a few Captains.




    I'm not sure if I made him too powerful, or his backstory too unbelievable.

    Thoughts?
    My gripe with him is his age. We already have several super-old characters - with the death of the priorly-established oldest Shinigami in Seireitei (Osamu), I just don't feel like we should introduce any Shinigami characters older than that.

    (I admit it's something of a pet peeve of mine, since when I made Elder, the idea was the she'd truly be Elder to everyone. It's, after all, codename given to her by Shinigami, supposed to capture the most important quality of her being. Cuerva, Rouga and the Ghost King don't bother me all that much, since they're far less involved with Mortal World, and thus occupy their own niche.)

    Besides, the time before Gotei was at least 2000 years ago in canon Bleach, and I think it might be even more distant in our setting. All Shinigami from those times have perished, either of old age or occupational hazards, so why would he still be alive, let alone appear so youthful? He isn't even strong enough to be a Captain, and at least part of the longevity of spirits can be attributed to their Reiryouku.

    Remember, even one century is a long time. Kazuki could reasonably be extremely skilled and a veteran of battles even at that age. There are many characters much younger than even one millenium who have that schtick.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    My opinion is as follows:

    Shinigami, unlike Hollows or Arrancars, still have a Chain of Fate, it's just invisible. As their Gigais resemble their former/actual bodies, I think we could say their Chain attaches itself to the body. When they're in Gigai, they really are alive and "mortal", in a way.

    Hollows and Arrancars, however, have a hole where the Chain should be. So I'd think they'd have much easier time just jumping in and out of bodies. At least, this is my reasoning to why Elder can do it so easily. Unlike a Shinigami's Gigai, Yui's body is not her, so she can just discard it like loose clothes if need be.



    I think it's more general than that. To a powerful Hollow, any soul below a certain treshold of Reiryoky is not worth it. That's why unexpectedly powerful humans, and maybe even Shinigami, would risk attracting them.

    An ordinary human is like a drop of dew to someone dying of thirst. A powerful human, or another powerful Hollow, is like a full flass, or in best of cases, like a well or lake.



    There's has never been a reason why Zanpakuto spirits couldn't be based on legendary beings, or why legendary beings couldn't be based on them. Most of my characters are themed after one mythological creature or another. Zamiel directly corresponds to the Devil of a certain famous play (as well as the in-game mythical Black Huntsman), Lalita is an Asura, Hachirou's Zanpakuto is a Djinni, Nasumi's Zanpakuto draws heavily from Ourobouros, Hannibal is an Oni/Ogre/Troll/Demon (your pick), Elder is based on several mythological beings at once, and so on.

    So any mythical being is pretty much fair game.

    I still feel, though, that the owner of a rogue spirit should still be alive somewhere. Kouga is a perfect example from the filler that introduced the concept, having been sealed and hidden inside a giant tree. It might be the spirit itself has its owner trapped somewhere.



    My gripe with him is his age. We already have several super-old characters - with the death of the priorly-established oldest Shinigami in Seireitei (Osamu), I just don't feel like we should introduce any Shinigami characters older than that.

    (I admit it's something of a pet peeve of mine, since when I made Elder, the idea was the she'd truly be Elder to everyone. It's, after all, codename given to her by Shinigami, supposed to capture the most important quality of her being. Cuerva, Rouga and the Ghost King don't bother me all that much, since they're far less involved with Mortal World, and thus occupy their own niche.)

    Besides, the time before Gotei was at least 2000 years ago in canon Bleach, and I think it might be even more distant in our setting. All Shinigami from those times have perished, either of old age or occupational hazards, so why would he still be alive, let alone appear so youthful? He isn't even strong enough to be a Captain, and at least part of the longevity of spirits can be attributed to their Reiryouku.

    Remember, even one century is a long time. Kazuki could reasonably be extremely skilled and a veteran of battles even at that age. There are many characters much younger than even one millenium who have that schtick.
    Heck, now that I'm doing the math, Kazuma is less than a century old and he's already potentially Vice-Captain level strength-wise. (He DOES have "I train with every breath I take" as a stablished schtick, but still.)
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Internet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Aya's not even close to 200 but has the whole protagonist "put my heart and soul" sort of hardworking earnest girl.

    And according to the genre, she'll either always remain the sort of princess that needs saving, or turns badass really soon.

    Cuerva is ancient, so if she has some sort of god complex its entirely justified, even thought she's no longer at the level of power she used to enjoy, but she's getting there.

    And according to genre, she'll either die in the finale, or somewhere mid-story, or regain her full power and glory.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-23 at 10:10 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Aya's not even close to 200 but has the whole protagonist "put my heart and soul" sort of hardworking earnest girl.

    And according to the genre, she'll either always remain the sort of princess that needs saving, or turns badass really soon.

    Cuerva is ancient, so if she has some sort of god complex its entirely justified, even thought she's no longer at the level of power she used to enjoy, but she's getting there.

    And according to genre, she'll either die in the finale, or somewhere mid-story, or regain her full power and glory.
    She's sparring with Kazuma. She'll either become fairly more competent or take a couple of levels in badass.

    Also, since it would be easier to link rather than repost the entire discussion on the horses wholesale, here's my writeup on the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. Note that they aren't restricted to Hollow/Arrancar, but Shinigami might be morally opposed to riding them.

    Also, Cuerva and Famine are practically MADE for each other.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    I still feel, though, that the owner of a rogue spirit should still be alive somewhere. Kouga is a perfect example from the filler that introduced the concept, having been sealed and hidden inside a giant tree. It might be the spirit itself has its owner trapped somewhere.
    Who ever said the original owner had to be dead for the spirit to abandon them?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Now I have the image of a Z-pac whose owner was a Complete Monster, and who rebelled and now tries to keep her owner imprisoned.


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I sense a plot hook.

    I'm also reminded that sooner or later Kazuma will be off to look for the secrets of the legendary House of Touki.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Who ever said the original owner had to be dead for the spirit to abandon them?
    Not me, certainly. I've even tried to be supporting of the "rogue spirit" idea, with the boundary condition of the owner being alive. I was merely restating my opinion on the issue.

    Kuroi, would you put those steeds to the registry? I don't recall them being anywhere, and it'd make them easier to find in the future.

    On another note entirely, I've been thinking of moving a version of the Story so Far page to the registry. I don't mind editing the wiki, nor reading all the threads (I do that anyway). It's the fact that people rarely gives me feedback so I don't know if it's really correct or not that's the main issue.

    So, would you look at the list more often / give more feedback on it if it was here on the boards?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Strawberry, could you add spiritual impressions to the post?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Strawberry, could you add spiritual impressions to the post?
    ...Like?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    horngeek's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Nexus
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Re-read, and what I was looking for was already there.

    It's just that I was specifically looking for what the Hollow's reiatsu felt like, and you described it differently. Carry on.

    What do people think of my Z-pac idea?


    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

    God I love Exalted.


    Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine


  15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wahrheit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    So I decided to make a new character. I vaguely remember that Mercenary Arrancar, so why not a Mercenary Shinigami?

    Mukudori, Kazuki (Last Name, First Name) - Rogue Shinigami, Mercenary
    Spoiler
    Show

    Gender: Male
    Age: Unfathomably Old. (Appears to be in his early twenties)
    Height: 6'.
    Weight: approx. 175 lbs.
    Reiatsu: A calming, peaceful aura, with a hint of amusement.
    Rank: Unranked by Modern Standards.
    Aliases: The Grey Lord, Mercenary of Death, Chronicler.
    Quote: "I apologize for troubling you, Shinigami-san, but could you perhaps calm yourself?"


    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is it you wish to know of my looks, Reader-san?"

    Kazuki stands at six feet tall, and wears an outfit that does not befit an ex-Shinigami. He wears a Kasa, which covers his eyes. He has blonde spiky hair, with more than long spikey sideburns. However, the hair constantly droops downwards, over his face, due to his refusal to remove the Kasa. In addition, he wears a white coat over a black kimono, and carries two swords, one hung loosely at his side, a normal sword, a curious blade, not a zanpakuto, just a normal spirit sword, as well as his Zanpakuto, sealed, jammed through the back of his belt. Kazuki is loathe to use his Zanpakuto, preferring to use the spirit sword he carries with him, as he feels a Zanpakuto should not be drawn in anger, or merely for amusement. It should only be drawn when you have an intent to kill.


    History:
    Spoiler
    Show

    "Reader-san, are you sure you wish to know of my history?"

    Kazuki appeared in the Soul Society long ago, far, far, too long ago to remember. He joined the Court Guard in a time before there were divisions, and captains.

    But then, he left on a mission, and fought a Hollow. To a standstill. The exhilaration, the rush of the duel, made him want more. He returned, and continued his duties.

    And millennia later, after all his comrades had died, or left, he remained. And he was honored. Idolized by the younger for his long life, his skill. Adored, by the women who he was so polite to, telling them that he could not take their requests, he was far too attached to his duties. The Third Seat of the First Division of Seireitei, the Chronicler of Seireitei. But he was restless. Tired, tired of the monotony.

    And so he left. Leaving a note in his place.

    "
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Shinigami-san(s),

    I am tired of this. Bored of the monotony. I think I shall take my leave of this place temporarily Shinigami-san. I think I will look for the strong ones for a time, perhaps see them in combat.

    Goodbye,

    Kazuki Mukudori.
    "



    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Reader-san, what more do you wish to know?"

    Kazuki is renowned for his lack of normal emotions, and his perchance for calling most people by a nickname, such as Shinigami, Hollow, Blade, or Light. All with the suffix of -san. He does not show emotions even in battle, although there is sometimes a flare of emotion when he grows frustrated, angered, or bemused by events surrounding him.


    Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Zanpakuto Release Command: Multiply, Nakago.
    Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple katana, with a blade of about three feet in length.


    Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A continent, half of which is filled with death and decay, the other half bright and full of life.


    Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Name: Nakago.

    Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakago appears to look like a veteran samurai, wearing a black kimono, and he has several scars over his body. He has a trimmed black beard and a mustache, as well as black hair pulled back into a spiky ponytail. He also has a scar running down his left eye, and kind blue eyes.


    Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagako is cold and rough towards Kazuki, but secretly enjoys the man's company. Due to the long history the duo share, their interactions that would appear hostile to others are merely playful to themselves.


    Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto, while rarely used, let alone unleashed, has a strange release. The sword splits itself into seven, all of which hover in the air around Kazuki. These swords differ in shape and size, varying from a two feet in length to seven feet.
    Shikai Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki's Zanpakuto can operate up to twenty feet away from him. Any farther and the blades become normal swords, unable to cut spiritual opponents.


    Ban Kai: Ban Kai, Nagako.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Kazuki does not wish to achieve Ban Kai, feeling it to be a tiresome chore, as well as a crutch towards the more powerful Shinigami.


    General Abiltiies:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Weapons Master!: Kazuki trained himself in various disciplines of weapons, sword styles, and several different types of weaponry. However, all these are designed for close range combat, up to twenty feet, as his Shikai would allow.

    Kido: Kazuki is proficient at Kido, able to use up to Hado 30 without incantations at 50% power, and may go up to 70 with incantations at 75% power.

    Zanjutsu: A master of the sword, Kazuki often practices with his blade.

    Hakuda: Kazuki's Hakuda abilities are hampered by his enjoyment of going toe to toe, blade to blade, with his opponents. He has a strong aversion towards "Beating opponents down with brute strength", as he looks for the strongest, the most powerful, the most cunning, not the one who has more strength.

    Shunpo: Kazuki's Shunpo skills are expert, on par with most Vice Captains and a few Captains.




    I'm not sure if I made him too powerful, or his backstory too unbelievable.

    Thoughts?
    Umm... the thing that first jumped out at me is that his shikai is nearly identical to Magatsu's, just weaker.

    On a totally different note, writing Cha-Cha is... interesting. I don't think I've ever had a character so very... pink. And perky.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-05-23 at 12:26 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Re-read, and what I was looking for was already there.

    It's just that I was specifically looking for what the Hollow's reiatsu felt like, and you described it differently. Carry on.

    What do people think of my Z-pac idea?
    No complaints from me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

    Kuroi, would you put those steeds to the registry? I don't recall them being anywhere, and it'd make them easier to find in the future.

    On another note entirely, I've been thinking of moving a version of the Story so Far page to the registry. I don't mind editing the wiki, nor reading all the threads (I do that anyway). It's the fact that people rarely gives me feedback so I don't know if it's really correct or not that's the main issue.

    So, would you look at the list more often / give more feedback on it if it was here on the boards?
    Sure thing.

    And I suppose I would, at least.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-23 at 12:34 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Ammutseba's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Do all of the zanpkuto have to be distinct from one another by great margins?
    I am autistic. Please have patience with me. My communication skills are improving, but I still have a long way to go.

    Nuala Byrne, Nonessential Fullbringer
    Saburo Kazuki, the Big Man

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    Do all of the zanpkuto have to be distinct from one another by great margins?
    They should be distinct enough that even if they have similar properties, they're still fairly different.

    Example: Hannibal's Espírito de Ferro can assume a number of forms, made out of superheated steam (and smoke, if memory serves), including a bow. Kazuma's Sazan'ou can turn into 108 different weapons, with the addition that the weapons can "break" apart into different pieces connected by a length of chain (so if he makes, say, a scythe, he can send the blade flying at his enemy connected by a length of chain to the haft, or break it up into a three-section staff with one of the sections ending in the blade, and so on and forth), besides the fact it accelerates mid-swing by seeking out Reiatsu.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-05-23 at 12:40 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Draken's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Southern Wildlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    Do all of the zanpkuto have to be distinct from one another by great margins?
    We usually like to have as little overlap as possible. Sometimes it is just different flavors of the same (shoots ice, shoots fire, shoots lightning).

    But some overlap is hardly ever a problem.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Spoiler
    Show

    Homebrewing

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zerkai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I'm sorry guys, my computer was already on it's last legs, but it got a virus and it can't work at all anymore. typing this from brother's laptop, don't know when we'll be getting a new computer.

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Kuroimaken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Sorry to hear that, Zerkai. Here's to hoping you can get something to replace it soon.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

    AWSUM

    Spoiler
    Show

    This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

    I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

    She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Here's to hoping your bro will be lenient in borrowing his computer to you.

    Wahrheit: Why am I imagining a giant trollface every time Eien Uzumaki speaks?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wahrheit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Wahrheit: Why am I imagining a giant trollface every time Eien Uzumaki speaks?
    Probably because aside from being a scary blade-crazed hyena, he's also a humongous troll. And now I'll never be able to not see that when I'm writing his dialogue.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I'd like to inform everyone that the tickets are now diamonds the Story So Far timeline now also exist in Registry second post.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Kayne650's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Nowhere you can find me

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Here's to hoping your bro will be lenient in borrowing his computer to you.

    Wahrheit: Why am I imagining a giant trollface every time Eien Uzumaki speaks?
    Personally, I imagine Courage Wolf.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

    Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

    I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    I tought sekiseki was what makes Shinigami unable to "fly". And the established properties of The Pits has the sekiseki in the walls keeps the prisoners from having enough power to break free. Same with the Maggot's Nest if I remember correctly. I know they can sense when it's draining them, but so far I haven't seen anyone actually sense the sekiseki. Since doing so would make Talon's lair significantly easier to find, I'm not sure that Strawberry thought it could be sensed.

    It wouldn't give off reiatsu, but neither would, for example, Sereg's watch. The sekiseki would possibly have a large amount of reiatsu surrounding it though.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    strawberryman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rap.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    @Wahreit: It's still before school. Trying to facilitate the kidnapping plot.

    I'd say, if schooltime is 7am or so, it'd be 6 or 6:30.

    @riccaru: I'm not sure how Nao has any authority to interrogate when he's the leader of the assassination unit, not security or intelligence.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-05-23 at 04:13 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

    BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Wahrheit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The South
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    @Wahreit: It's still before school. Trying to facilitate the kidnapping plot.

    I'd say, if schooltime is 7am or so, it'd be 6 or 6:30.

    @riccaru: I'm not sure how Nao has any authority to interrogate when he's the leader of the assassination unit, not security or intelligence.
    Whoops. Fixed.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    riccaru's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    @Wahreit: It's still before school. Trying to facilitate the kidnapping plot.

    I'd say, if schooltime is 7am or so, it'd be 6 or 6:30.

    @riccaru: I'm not sure how Nao has any authority to interrogate when he's the leader of the assassination unit, not security or intelligence.
    So the tactics squad has higher authority? Or would it be the scientists? What's there to say he's not there for personal reasons? He has just as much reason and right to question her as the other two.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Frozen_Feet's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Over here
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    So the tactics squad has higher authority? Or would it be the scientists? What's there to say he's not there for personal reasons? He has just as much reason and right to question her as the other two.
    Which is to say, little at all. If Nao is not there under some kind of orders, they're all visitors, and would have little to no authority to tell how others should conduct themselves. Indeed, if it was me as the warden, I would've thrown out him, Yoshi and Soushi out for being roosters.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."


    Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

    Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •