New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

Technically, duty beats personal reasons. Masaru COULD have ordered Soushi to go there to interrogate Suzume, but Soushi CAN order himself (one of the perks of being a high-ranking officer). That said, the Onmitsukidou has its own organization scheme...
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Technically, duty beats personal reasons. Masaru COULD have ordered Soushi to go there to interrogate Suzume, but Soushi CAN order himself (one of the perks of being a high-ranking officer). That said, the Onmitsukidou has its own organization scheme...
    He still has as much authority on the situation as Soushi, if not more due to the suspension.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    He still has as much authority on the situation as Soushi, if not more due to the suspension.
    I thought Kyasarin was the 2nd's Vice-Captain.

Also, A) the suspension cannot be held against him once he has fulfilled it, and B) it was a matter of protocol anyway.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

The timeline has shifted past the point of his suspension. Also, aren't Soushi and Yoshi there because they were requested by Suzume? Hardly see how that qualifies as "being there to question her".
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #155

I thought Kyasarin was the 2nd's Vice-Captain.

Also, A) the suspension cannot be held against him once he has fulfilled it, and B) it was a matter of protocol anyway.
    He's on suspension right now, and being Vice-Captain of another division doesn't translate to being in charge here.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

He's on suspension right now, and being Vice-Captain of another division doesn't translate to being in charge here.
    Again, love how the chain of command works.

And no, he's not under effect of the suspension right now.

Either way, he's trying to be cooperative now, at least. And he already apologized to Nao. He just wants to know what Nao knows.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    The timeline has shifted past the point of his suspension. Also, aren't Soushi and Yoshi there because they were requested by Suzume? Hardly see how that qualifies as "being there to question her".
    Soushi, if I recall right, was suspended only for a week. The scene with Suzume is taking place 11 days after the invasion, so Soushi would be on dry land already.

Ironically, both you and strawberry are correct, but I think you're all missing the implications. Soushi and Yoshi are there due to being requested by Suzume, and if Nao is not there for duty, he must be there as a visitor. As visitors, they'd be wholly at the mercy of the actual wardens. The authority given by guard duty supercedes them all.

So, saying that any of them are there to "interrogate" Suzume is fairly ridiculous. They're allowed to talk to her, and that talk will be recorded, but other than that they're not really there to work. If they get too inquisitive or aggressive in their "interrogation", they might be thrown out.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #158

Again, love how the chain of command works.

And no, he's not under effect of the suspension right now.

Either way, he's trying to be cooperative now, at least. And he already apologized to Nao. He just wants to know what Nao knows.
    That would be like Takeshi (pre-defection) ordering Soushi.

Or a member of the Navy trying to order an officer one step down while off duty. None of them have orders to be there, it's their own time. Not to mention Soushi hasn't ordered him to do anything, has threatened an officer with potentially lethal force, has used kido on a completely cooperative prisoner who made no motion of doing anything but following them.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Soushi, if I recall right, was suspended only for a week. The scene with Suzume is taking place 11 days after the invasion, so Soushi would be on dry land already.

Ironically, both you and strawberry are correct, but I think you're all missing the implications. Soushi and Yoshi are there due to being requested by Suzume, and if Nao is not there for duty, he must be there as a visitor. As visitors, they'd be wholly at the mercy of the actual wardens. The authority given by guard duty supercedes them all.

So, saying that any of them are there to "interrogate" Suzume is fairly ridiculous. They're allowed to talk to her, and that talk will be recorded, but other than that they're not really there to work. If they get too inquisitive or aggressive in their "interrogation", they might be thrown out.
    Soushi has no reason to comply with her request if not for the purpose of extracting information; he doesn't owe her anything. He also has no standing orders from a higher up to comply.

In short, his sole purpose there IS to interrogate Suzume, no more and no less.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

She's sparring with Kazuma. She'll either become fairly more competent or take a couple of levels in badass.

Also, since it would be easier to link rather than repost the entire discussion on the horses wholesale, here's my writeup on the Four Horses of the Apocalypse. Note that they aren't restricted to Hollow/Arrancar, but Shinigami might be morally opposed to riding them.

Also, Cuerva and Famine are practically MADE for each other.
    I kinda have that theme in mind, I just didn't want to call Cuerva's aspect of death Famine without some pretty extensive rewrites.

It seems oddly similar to Cuerva's abilities. Oh well, potential mount get.

I tought sekiseki was what makes Shinigami unable to "fly". And the established properties of The Pits has the sekiseki in the walls keeps the prisoners from having enough power to break free. Same with the Maggot's Nest if I remember correctly. I know they can sense when it's draining them, but so far I haven't seen anyone actually sense the sekiseki. Since doing so would make Talon's lair significantly easier to find, I'm not sure that Strawberry thought it could be sensed.

It wouldn't give off reiatsu, but neither would, for example, Sereg's watch. The sekiseki would possibly have a large amount of reiatsu surrounding it though.
    When Rukia was imprisoned, it took her so long to regain her powers because the cells are lined with the material that prevented the spirit particles permeating the world to have access into the cells. Its like she's unable to breathe in the power. Plus the restraints.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-23 at 05:23 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Soushi has no reason to comply with her request if not for the purpose of extracting information; he doesn't owe her anything. He also has no standing orders from a higher up to comply.

In short, his sole purpose there IS to interrogate Suzume, no more and no less.
    Yes, but his reason is his own, it is not sanctioned by law. Suzume requested her there, and he complied. You said yourself he has no standing orders, so he has no standing authority for actual interrogation either.

He might ask questions, but Suzume will hardly be under compulsion to answer.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Yes, but his reason is his own, it is not sanctioned by law. Suzume requested her there, and he complied. You said yourself he has no standing orders, so he has no standing authority for actual interrogation either.

He might ask questions, but Suzume will hardly be under compulsion to answer.
    Suzume cannot be under compulsion by anyone she doesn't feel like answering.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

You know what I mean.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    When Rukia was imprisoned, it took her so long to regain her powers because the cells are lined with the material that prevented the spirit particles permeating the world to have access into the cells. Its like she's unable to breathe in the power. Plus the restraints.
    I thought it took a while because Ichigo sucked out basically all her powers, and then Urahara stuck her in a power-draining Gigai.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I thought it took a while because Ichigo sucked out basically all her powers, and then Urahara stuck her in a power-draining Gigai.
    Might as well have been all three.

She didn't take long to regain her powers after the Soul Society arc though.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Might as well have been all three.

She didn't take long to regain her powers after the Soul Society arc though.
    Fair enough.

By the by, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "I'm mildly annoyed" and 10 being "There are not sufficient words for my rage"), how badly does Hakusai want to murderface Cackling Oni right now?
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Umm... the thing that first jumped out at me is that his shikai is nearly identical to Magatsu's, just weaker.

On a totally different note, writing Cha-Cha is... interesting. I don't think I've ever had a character so very... pink. And perky.
    IN HINDSIGHT THE NEXT TIME I DESIGN CHARACTERS I SHOULD CHECK THE REGISTRY

But yeah. I'll go redesign the Shikai a bit, and tweak his age.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

You don't need to do much about the Shikai, maybe just give the swords some oddball special ability that differentiates them from others with the same Zanpakuto type.

It's his age and backstory that needs redesigning in my opinion. XD

19. - Top - End - #169

You don't need to do much about the Shikai, maybe just give the swords some oddball special ability that differentiates them from others with the same Zanpakuto type.

It's his age and backstory that needs redesigning in my opinion. XD
    Oh I finished that.

Now I need to think up some oddball special abilities.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

How about a vector-blade ability? The character sets up the angle, direction and distance, and the sword "slashes" in that direction by moving with the speed of a sword slash, on a route that perfectly follows the math given.

Since other obstacles are not included in the calculation, its path cannot be altered by them.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe each blade cuts away one emotion from the opponent? One cuts anger, another joy and so on. You could calm down rebellious comrades by slashing them.

EDIT: Hey strawberry, could you add Ep. 9 to the first post? Thanks.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-23 at 07:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oooh, that's a fancy one. Too many cuts and your opponents turns into an apathetic lump.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Just so we're all clear...

"The second division has a vested interest in what the prisoner has to say. I'm here as a trained individual in both normal and extreme interrogation methods. I am also a former ally to the prisoner. I have every political and lawful reason to be here. That you suspect anything else is insulting." Nao begins walking toward an interrogation room. "I'm going to interrogate the prisoner as is my job and you are either going to help me in this matter, or I can wait until you're done with the prisoner and do the interrogation on my own."
    None of this is true.

Suzume, whether or not she was ever a member of 2nd, is no longer a member of 2nd, and therefore is a rogue Shinigami, which falls under the jurisdiction of the police of Sereitei or the authority over Gotei 13, (10th Division or 1st Division). 2nd has no say in anything that happens to Suzume.

Interrogation is not 2nd's job. In fact, it is explicitly 10th's job. It's actually in the 10th Division description.

Being a former ally of the prisoner is actually a really good reason why Nao doesn't have the right to be there.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

You could also have a sword that causes only internal injuries when it strikes. Your opponent thinks it just causes nonlocalized abdominal pain, but they're actually bleeding on the inside.

25. - Top - End - #175

Mukudori, Kazuki (Last Name, First Name) - Rogue Shinigami, Mercenary
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 6'.
    Weight: approx. 175 lbs.
    Reiatsu: A calming, peaceful aura, with a hint of amusement.
    Aliases: The Grey Lord, Mercenary of Death, Chronicler.
    Quote: "I apologize for troubling you, Shinigami-san, but could you perhaps calm yourself?"

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What is it you wish to know of my looks, Reader-san?"

Kazuki stands at six feet tall, and wears an outfit that does not befit an ex-Shinigami. He wears a Kasa, which covers his eyes. He has blonde spiky hair, with more than long spikey sideburns. However, the hair constantly droops downwards, over his face, due to his refusal to remove the Kasa. In addition, he wears a white coat over a black kimono, and carries two swords, one hung loosely at his side, a normal sword, a curious blade, not a zanpakuto, just a normal spirit sword, as well as his Zanpakuto, sealed, jammed through the back of his belt. Kazuki is loathe to use his Zanpakuto, preferring to use the spirit sword he carries with him, as he feels a Zanpakuto should not be drawn in anger, or merely for amusement. It should only be drawn when you have an intent to kill.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

"Reader-san, are you sure you wish to know of my history?"

Kazuki appeared in the Soul Society a mere two hundred years ago, and amused himself inside the Rukongai for a time, before entering the academy and exiting with relative ease. He enjoyed his time in the First Division, amused by the antics of his comrades.

But then, he left on a mission, and fought a Hollow. To a standstill. The exhilaration, the rush of the duel, made him want more. He returned, and continued his duties.

Kazuki remained in Seireitei, long after many left. And he was honored. Idolized by the younger for his aura, his skill. Adored, by the women who he was so polite to, telling them that he could not take their requests, he was far too attached to his duties. The Third Seat of the First Division of Seireitei, the Chronicler of Seireitei. But he was restless. Tired, tired of the monotony.

And so he left. Leaving a note in his place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Shinigami-san(s),

I am tired of this. Bored of the monotony. I think I shall take my leave of this place temporarily Shinigami-san. I think I will look for the strong ones for a time, perhaps see them in combat.

Goodbye,

Kazuki Mukudori.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Reader-san, what more do you wish to know?"

Kazuki is renowned for his lack of normal emotions, and his perchance for calling most people by a nickname, such as Shinigami, Hollow, Blade, or Light. All with the suffix of -san. He does not show emotions even in battle, although there is sometimes a flare of emotion when he grows frustrated, angered, or bemused by events surrounding him.

Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show

Zanpakuto Release Command: Relinquish, Nakago.
    Unreleased Zanpakuto:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple katana, with a blade of about three feet in length.

Inner World:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A continent, half of which is filled with death and decay, the other half bright and full of life.

Zanpakuto Spirit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Nakago.

Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nakago appears to look like a veteran samurai, wearing a black kimono, and he has several scars over his body. He has a trimmed black beard and a mustache, as well as black hair pulled back into a spiky ponytail. He also has a scar running down his left eye, and kind blue eyes.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nagako is cold and rough towards Kazuki, but secretly enjoys the man's company. Due to the long history the duo share, their interactions that would appear hostile to others are merely playful to themselves.

Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kazuki's Zanpakuto, while rarely used, let alone unleashed, has a strange release. The sword splits itself into seven different weapons, all of which hover in the air around Kazuki. These swords differ in shape and size, varying from a two feet in length to seven feet.
    Shikai Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kazuki's Zanpakuto can operate up to forty feet away from him. Any farther and the blades become normal swords, unable to cut spiritual opponents.

In addition, each of his seven swords cuts away a different emotion. Joy, Anger, Anxiety, Pensiveness, Grief, Fear, and Fright. The effect lasts until the battle ends, or until Kazuki reseals his sword. Whichever comes first.

喜 Joy: Joy is a cold steel bokken of four feet in total length. It cuts away your Joy, rendering you unable to feel excitement in battle.

怒 Anger: Anger is a normal katana, with a two foot blade. It cuts away your Anger, detaching you from a strong source of power in battle.

憂 Anxiety: Anxiety is a naginata, with a staff piece of five feet, and a blade of one foot. It cuts away your Anxiety, allowing you to breathe easier, and not worry, but also causes you to become more reckless, attacking at various obvious traps that you would normally avoid.

思 Pensiveness: Pensiveness is a rapier, with a blade of a rather ridiculous four feet. Kazuki often comments that, if Pensiveness were his actual blade, he would be forced to keep it permanently sealed, so as to not deal with the cumbersome length. It cuts away your Pensivity, causing you to stop questioning your actions, as well as Kazuki's actions.

悲 Grief: Grief is a Zweihander, and it is by far the largest of Kazuki's weapons. With a blade of six feet, the weapon stands taller than Kazuki himself. It cuts away your Grief, causing you to no longer become sad or depressed in battle, nor concern yourself with others. It is the most helpful to the opponent of Kazuki's seven weapons, but it deals the most damage, due to the large size of the blade.

恐 Fear: Fear is a kunai, and is the smallest of Kazuki's weapons. It cuts away your Fear, causing you to no longer worry about your safety.

驚 Fright: Fright is a shuriken of a rather large size, as it can easily fit onto Kazuki's back. Fright cuts away your Fright, removing any sudden fear you would experience. However, this means that you are no longer afraid of the strikes that come out of nowhere, and allow them to hit you more often than not.

Ban Kai: Ban Kai, Nagako.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kazuki does not have his Bankai, refusing to train himself in a way that would increase his power off of a normal level, where he can fight strong opponents.

General Abiltiies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Weapons Master!: Kazuki trained himself in various disciplines of weapons, sword styles, and several different types of weaponry. However, all these are designed for close range combat, up to twenty feet, as his Shikai would allow.

Kido: Kazuki is proficient at Kido, able to use up to Hado 30 without incantations at 50% power, and may go up to 70 with incantations at 75% power.

Zanjutsu: A master of the sword, Kazuki often practices with his blade.

Hakuda: Kazuki's Hakuda abilities are hampered by his enjoyment of going toe to toe, blade to blade, with his opponents. He has a strong aversion towards "Beating opponents down with brute strength", as he looks for the strongest, the most powerful, the most cunning, not the one who has more strength.

Shunpo: Kazuki's Shunpo skills are expert, on par with most Vice Captains and a few Captains.

Alright, fiddled with him a bit. Took Frozen's idea because it sounds cool and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
    You could also have a sword that causes only internal injuries when it strikes. Your opponent thinks it just causes nonlocalized abdominal pain, but they're actually bleeding on the inside.
    Heh that was going to be his Bankai. Using this list, each of the swords would have affected a different organ.
    Last edited by Terry576; 2011-05-23 at 08:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Aya's Kokumujou does that by attacking the target's shadow. There's no overlap there, just to toss this information out.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

27. - Top - End - #177

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    Just so we're all clear...

None of this is true.

Suzume, whether or not she was ever a member of 2nd, is no longer a member of 2nd, and therefore is a rogue Shinigami, which falls under the jurisdiction of the police of Sereitei or the authority over Gotei 13, (10th Division or 1st Division). 2nd has no say in anything that happens to Suzume.

Interrogation is not 2nd's job. In fact, it is explicitly 10th's job. It's actually in the 10th Division description.

Being a former ally of the prisoner is actually a really good reason why Nao doesn't have the right to be there.
    I'd like to point out that, by definition, every member of the Gotei 13, the Kido Corps, the Onmitskido and any allied forces are former allies of Suzume. Nao wants her side of the story, and there's only so much time left to get it. He was using ally as a way to dismiss the accusations. Soushi is also a former ally.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

What's the difference between fear and fright?

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

That's not actually true, as there are likely members who joined after Suzume left, making them not former allies. If we're going to get totally technical.

And really, it doesn't matter what Nao meant, merely what she said and how she said it. Others will interpret it how they interpret it.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

What's the difference between fear and fright?
    Fright could be described as shock - it is sudden in nature. Fear is a more prolonged state.