New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Recruitment/OOC/Character Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    That brings an interesting plot point to my mind. Why not have Icy's condition explained away as part of the shadowy group (Dark Forces, whatever) plan to poison Luna the same way? The effects are the same after all, just accelerated.
    That would be a cool plot point. My thought though is that they're testing it on Icy because it's not yet 100% reliable, as in the personality created isn't reliably evil, just immensely uninhibited.

It's kind of my personal theory regarding Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You can't truly split a personality into 'good' and 'evil', but you can split a personality into 'Id' and 'Super-Ego'.

The Id is all the wants and desires a person has, good or bad. The Super-Ego is what regulates those desires and decides which ones are okay to act upon. The Ego is essentially the combined result of both.

A pure Id personality would essentially have no morals or self-control, good or evil. They do what they want, good or bad, without regard for the consequences. A pure Super-Ego personality would have few desires to regulate and be objective about everything and thus be almost completely unemotional.

Icy's current condition strikes me as:
    Icy - 75% Super-Ego, 25% Id
    Esmerelda - 25% Super-Ego, 75% Id

As far as Evil goes, that's a separate operation entirely and involves methods of corrupting or removing morals (magical or otherwise).

So, the perpetrators of this plot have a Mr. Hyde concoction that can cause a significant personality split along Id and Super-Ego lines and a spell that should corrupt the morals of the Id personality at the same time. Their problem is they can't seem to get the two working together properly, which is because they're mixing magics that don't like being mixed, and are not getting consistent results. So they keep arranging 'test subjects' like Icy.

"Yeah, mixing magics is like writin' the universe a blank check for the mystery box. Ya don't know what yer gettin' or what it's costin' ya."
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    That would be a cool plot point. My thought though is that they're testing it on Icy because it's not yet 100% reliable, as in the personality created isn't reliably evil, just immensely uninhibited.

It's kind of my personal theory regarding Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You can't truly split a personality into 'good' and 'evil', but you can split a personality into 'Id' and 'Super-Ego'.

The Id is all the wants and desires a person has, good or bad. The Super-Ego is what regulates those desires and decides which ones are okay to act upon. The Ego is essentially the combined result of both.

A pure Id personality would essentially have no morals or self-control, good or evil. They do what they want, good or bad, without regard for the consequences. A pure Super-Ego personality would have few desires to regulate and be objective about everything and thus be almost completely unemotional.

Icy's current condition strikes me as:
    Icy - 75% Super-Ego, 25% Id
    Esmerelda - 25% Super-Ego, 75% Id

As far as Evil goes, that's a separate operation entirely and involves methods of corrupting or removing morals (magical or otherwise).

So, the perpetrators of this plot have a Mr. Hyde concoction that can cause a significant personality split along Id and Super-Ego lines and a spell that should corrupt the morals of the Id personality at the same time. Their problem is they can't seem to get the two working together properly, which is because they're mixing magics that don't like being mixed, and are not getting consistent results. So they keep arranging 'test subjects' like Icy.

"Yeah, mixing magics is like writin' the universe a blank check for the mystery box. Ya don't know what yer gettin' or what it's costin' ya."
    Exactly what I had in mind, only more wordy and descriptive.

Esmeralda Touch isn't necessarily evil, but she IS being driven to do evil acts by magical compulsion. (removing morals and whatnot.)

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Firbolg in the Playground

Grif did you want to drop the 'only one room tonight for comedic shenanigans' thing?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Grif did you want to drop the 'only one room tonight for comedic shenanigans' thing?
    Wait, it was only one room?

Ninja-edit to the rescue.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Exactly what I had in mind, only more wordy and descriptive.

Esmeralda Touch isn't necessarily evil, but she IS being driven to do evil acts by magical compulsion. (removing morals and whatnot.)
    Kind of what I thought, and what Issun's trying to aggravate her into revealing.

Yeah, Issun knows how annoying he is. He just doesn't care to change that for most ponies.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The whole possession/MC/insanity thing is based on Flashfire and Wildfire partially escaping their self imprisonment.

After a duel, Flashfire and Wildfire were imprisoned in Mt Trotia (Flashfire forced it on Wildfire and grief stricken has it done to himself). When Luna banished Celestia, the spell weakened and the siblings woke up. They could not move but they could speak to each other. Eventually they go crazy.

Due to having a whole decade to train and being strong unicorns already, the pair learned to astral project.

So now there are two powerful psionic spirits floating around and searching for bodies to control some way.

Grills and Flowier know this and fear the information coming out. Evil ponies would love to abuse the power of two insane psychic spirits. It could part of the dark forces plot as the Fire Siblings are just a notch or two under Luna.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

My original intent was that Celestia was evilified by the same thing that Luna was when she was Nightmare Moon. It's entirely possible that it took hold and twisted her normal form, but AFAIKnew, she was still locked up/exiled/exiled and locked up in the place she was exiled to.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Hey Blaze, and don't forget kissing her cheek, the nuzzling, and the prodding her flank

9. - Top - End - #1419

I think I'm going to need a list of pony-mobster names to throw around soon enough >.>
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'm going to need a list of pony-mobster names to throw around soon enough >.>
    Al Copony, Lucky Laminae-o ?

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Hey Blaze, and don't forget kissing her cheek, the nuzzling, and the prodding her flank
    He doesn't remember everything.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

12. - Top - End - #1422

Al Copony
    New official name for the family boss we're after. Also, would you be opposed to a completely obvious "hey if you want in on these shenanigans" opportunity after Jimmy's been taken care of? Something like 'chief is bringing in the rest of the task force', and these could be NPCs, PC ponies, whatever.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Troll in the Playground

New official name for the family boss we're after. Also, would you be opposed to a completely obvious "hey if you want in on these shenanigans" opportunity after Jimmy's been taken care of? Something like 'chief is bringing in the rest of the task force', and these could be NPCs, PC ponies, whatever.
    Elaborate por favor. My head's not currently wrapping around your phrasing here, that and I possibly have the derps from running out of steam from my nap.

14. - Top - End - #1424

I went and googled a list of **** Tracey villains and a few jumped out at me.

Pinkie the Stabber (unchanged) <- A mobster Pinkie Pie?!
    The Blank Flank (from The Blank)
    Stud Bronzen (unchanged)
    Jojo Bridle (from Jojo Nidle)
    Whip Chute (unchanged)
    Jerome Trots & Mamma (from Jerome Trohs & Mamma)
    Tiger Filly (from Tiger Lily)
    Mrs. Colts (from Mrs. Volts)
    Brier Colts (from Brier Volts)
    3-D Magee, Pony (unchanged)

Feel free to peruse the list if you want more. There's some good ones there.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

15. - Top - End - #1425

Elaborate por favor. My head's not currently wrapping around your phrasing here, that and I possibly have the derps from running out of steam from my nap.
    After the current situation Fox and O'm is dealt with, do you want to see if anyone wants to come in as a cop/mafia/caught up in the crossfire? I know we have one person wanting to be on the mafia side of things.

edit- back to class meep
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2011-07-28 at 05:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

It just occured to me that he could've told E-Icy to turn HERSELF back into Icy-E...

lolz
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Troll in the Playground

After the current situation Fox and O'm is dealt with, do you want to see if anyone wants to come in as a cop/mafia/caught up in the crossfire? I know we have one person wanting to be on the mafia side of things.

edit- back to class meep
    I shuppose if anyone wants to partake in some extra side quests and make a pony exclusive for that
    ---

Also poor Fox, he's gonna have a helluva of a hard time for his turn in bonding with Icy

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Deadtime for a few days, I'll be back late sunday afternoon.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Also poor Fox, he's gonna have a helluva of a hard time for his turn in bonding with Icy
    Ouch. Don't worry, I suppose it was Esmeralda doing all the interacting frankly.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

Ouch. Don't worry, I suppose it was Esmeralda doing all the interacting frankly.

Well I was mostly referring to the interesting bits where he would have also tried helping Icy with her scenario were already being blown through in a single morning
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-07-29 at 01:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I was mostly referring to the interesting bits where he would have also tried helping Icy with her scenario were already being blown through in a single morning
    I'm sure we could have shenanigans later.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

Considering we live in Lunar's world... this is perfect. And seems to fit our epicness well.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Considering we live in Lunar's world... this is perfect. And seems to fit our epicness well.
    If we were a TV series, this would either be our opening or ending theme.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-29 at 02:27 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing how the pony day is drawing to a close...Benson? It seems only fair that you decide how Sandy wakes up, seeing how I did the same to lite-RP Gearstride. Actually, as I think about it, it was also after a night of heavy drinking. That's...oddly coordinated of us.

Oh well, have fun!
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Seeing how the pony day is drawing to a close...Benson? It seems only fair that you decide how Sandy wakes up, seeing how I did the same to lite-RP Gearstride. Actually, as I think about it, it was also after a night of heavy drinking. That's...oddly coordinated of us.

Oh well, have fun!
    ....Oh ho ho ho...leaving it up to me eh? *Gearstride TM Grin*

Very well.

26. - Top - End - #1436

I do need to call nighttime shenanigans before we begin next pony day.

Thief is starting to go to work after all.

Edit: Nighttime interlude posted. Thief plot starts in earnest 'tomorrow' (pony time).
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2011-07-29 at 04:31 PM.
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mindfreak, later we can have Undead Backlash return as Blaze's rival.

Zombie, ghoul or vampire is up to whoever plays him.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

Zombie goast, obviously.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

So I'm considering making a pony who happens to be a Follower of Celestia. Will probably be mistaken for the Rebels of Celestia as per usual. Probably not liked even though he's not evil, though he is rough around the edges.

They would have been from a fallen ex-Noble house, whose family were devout followers of Celestia. His family and the family servants were executed by The Purists of Luna, but he was able to escape death with the help of his servant boy/girl (haven't decided) who he travels with today constantly trying to evade death.

Marked for death by The Purists, they have placed a bounty on his head for those willing to take it up, dead or alive, more for dead.

Comments, thoughts? Hooks to connect him to someone's pony in some way?

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post

That is a good idea! It will be fun to see Backlash coming back.
    I wonder what Hover's reaction to him would be....
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life