Spoiler
    Show

Yeah I didn't believe Akamatsu would actually do an Anti-Climax either

2. - Top - End - #182
    Banned

Default Re: General Anime Discussion: Area 11

Spoiler
    Show
    Not disappointed in that, though. What I am disappointed in is how Tsukuyomi and Setsuna's relationship gets brushed aside to this degree. Tsukuyomi's creepy lust and desire to kill Setsuna has been a clear theme up until now and seeing Setsuna finally overcome the doubts that let Tsukuyomi defeat her should have had more build-up and attention in my opinion. To a lesser degree, I'd also have liked to see more of Mana and Poyo's fight, though it's not such a central part of the character arc of a major character.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You're just saying that because you're a Setsuna fangirl. Not that I disagree, mind.

Yeah, that was certainly unexpected. I really want to know what happens next. If Akamatsu decided to go on a research break now, I'd have to murder him.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, basically what Terra said. That was... sudden.

In other news, Carnival Phantasm is going to be awesome .

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
    I seriously have no clue how this is going to fit together. But nevertheless, I'll have to watch this thing. And I hope I'll have reason to do it with a goofy grin.
    And then re-watch it to find all little details I missed the first round.
    I loved BMW, hopefully I'll do the same with this monster.

It will probably suck due to my expectations. -.-

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    I seriously have no clue how this is going to fit together. But nevertheless, I'll have to watch this thing. And I hope I'll have reason to do it with a goofy grin.
    And then re-watch it to find all little details I missed the first round.

It will probably suck due to my expectations. -.-
    ... Well even if I only basic knowledge of Fate Stay Night I thik I will enjoy this as a crazy drug trip across Nasu'verse.... Maybe I'll need to go watch Tsukuhime before getting started.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ... Well even if I only basic knowledge of Fate Stay Night I thik I will enjoy this as a crazy drug trip across Nasu'verse.... Maybe I'll need to go watch Tsukuhime before getting started.
    That would be rather difficult, given that there is no Tsukihime anime.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    That would be rather difficult, given that there is no Tsukihime anime.
    Oops, there I go revealing my lacking knowledge (again)
    Wait a moment, Wikipedia says there is an anime? I guess it's not the original story or something?

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I've gathered it is so bad that it have become an running gag to deny its existence.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Funny, your story was different the first time around I told you to go play it
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

There is a Tsukihime anime but it's supposedly completely and utterly atrocious, so most fans deny its existence. And due to being really bad, watching it is probably a bad idea.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    There is a Tsukihime anime but it's supposedly completely and utterly atrocious, so most fans deny its existence. And due to being really bad, watching it is probably a bad idea.
    Meh, seen excerpts (I have it, but I'm waiting until I can finally play Tsukihime) and it looked more than okay.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Funny, your story was different the first time around I told you to go play it
    You could say it grew on me.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, seen excerpts (I have it, but I'm waiting until I can finally play Tsukihime) and it looked more than okay.
    If, with no prior knowledge, you saw an excerpt of OotS where Roy was a bloodthirsty psychopath, Vaarsuvius was referred to as a rogue, Elan was a one-shot NPC and Xykon did not exist then it would also look okay. That's the kind of "adaptation" we're talking about.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2011-06-25 at 11:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

If, with no prior knowledge, you saw an excerpt of OotS where Roy was a bloodthirsty psychopath, Vaarsuvius was referred to as a rogue, Elan was a one-shot NPC and Xykon did not exist then it would also look okay. That's the kind of "adaptation" we're talking about.
    Um, adaptation =/= copy

Never did, for different mediums different things work, and frankly, I don't see the problem with most of the above you say :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

I played Tsukihime and watched the anime. I think the anime is okay. Sure if you played the game first you will be a bit disappointed from the anime. But it's a decent anime if you don't measure it based on the game. But I like the old "there is no tsukihime anime" joke/meme.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
    When they where dancing in lines and the males appeared I had to laugh, I just can't imagine that archer does such a dance.^^

Edit2:Regarding F/SN are there others who played the demo and then the main game who were disappointed that Rin wasn't the protagonist in the main game?
    Last edited by Kageru; 2011-06-25 at 12:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

I find it interesting that Assassin is the only motionless figure during the dance.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose he was a bit of a card-board character in the game too. :-P

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

I was sad that Rin wasn't the main character.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Banned

I think most people were sad that it was Shirou and not Rin who was the main character, to be honest. Rin is both far more awesome and honestly a more complex, interesting character than idiot boy.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm, it was so long since I read that prologue - but I remember that I was slightly confused over the format and thought it was a bit dragged out*. (it was my first VN)
    So I wasn't terribly disappointed at the switch as the cast quite soon started to fill up with interesting characters, including Rin.

But I wont deny that it would been interesting with a female protagonist for a change, and then Rin wouldn't have been a bad choice. (although you would lose one great supporter character)
    The story would have been radically different though.

*Partially due to me not finding the save-button. It turned into a late night.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kageru View Post
    Edit2:Regarding F/SN are there others who played the demo and then the main game who were disappointed that Rin wasn't the protagonist in the main game?
    Me?

I saw original concepts, and initially, the protagonist was Rin-like girl, with Arthur (not -ia) as a partner... But sadly, method of 'recharging' Heroes forced them to change both genders. Shame

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Me?

I saw original concepts, and initially, the protagonist was Rin-like girl, with Arthur (not -ia) as a partner... But sadly, method of 'recharging' Heroes forced them to change both genders. Shame
    Why would that effect the Mana Transfer Dragon?

Though seriously it really wasn't that in particular but a desire to have multiple routes, which umm for obvious reasons wouldn't fly with the marketing dept, and if the girl is the protagonist we'd see her a lot less.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

God. I love Fate/stay night. I really, really, really loved reading that book. (Of course, you could probably guess that from my avatar...)

I mean, yeah, we had some silliness with people sensing "murderous intent," a protagonist who I wished would die (and I got my wish! Forty times! It was awesome!), an entire regular-sized novel's worth of talk about food and cooking, and laughable, weirdly-placed mollusk descriptions (you know where), but I find even those endearing in retrospect.

What I got was just plain worth the time I put into it. Also, Rin is great, and I'd love to hang out in her head a lot longer than I did.

The story was fun. There were some great action scenes, some great character scenes, and some awesome characters. I do wonder, though, what a Caster route would have been like... maybe a Rider route, too. I do know what an Ilya route would have been like, though, since that was obviously folded into Heaven's Feel.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Firbolg in the Playground

anyone here interested in a macross game?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204620
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Though seriously it really wasn't that in particular but a desire to have multiple routes, which umm for obvious reasons wouldn't fly with the marketing dept, and if the girl is the protagonist we'd see her a lot less.
    The reason I usually hear is "Nasu couldn't write a sex scene from the girl's point of view."

"Shirou, you are my sheath" is obviously a relic of the first version of the story. The other routes had to make up for it with lots and lots of sword.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

The reason I usually hear is "Nasu couldn't write a sex scene from the girl's point of view."

"Shirou, you are my sheath" is obviously a relic of the first version of the story. The other routes had to make up for it with lots and lots of sword.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HHHHHHH.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, eventually I will work up enough interest combined with enough free time to finish Fate/Stay Night, but as it stands, I've been stopped in the middle of the last day Fate for the last month. For much the same reasons I was previously stopped at about the third day of Fate for about 6 months. If only Nasu could get me to give a **** about Shirou in way shape or form.

On a different note, Spring Season is coming to a close.

[C] The Money of Soul and Possibility Control was a massive disappointment. The last episode didn't do anything unexpected, but it sure as hell didn't redeem the trainwreck that the plot had become. It just made it a seemingly well paced trainwreck. I could rant for hours about what was wrong with this show but it seems the rest of you were smart enough to not watch it or drop it. Guess I shouldn't have gotten so hyped up about the idea before it had really gotten started. Definitely the worst Noitamina timeslot show I've watched (yes it ended up worse than Fractale) probably coming in at 5/10.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai was very good. It had an incredibly strong start, very good middle, and good end. The end, especially the last episode, was noticeably weaker than the rest of the series, but thats just because the rest was so damn good. I feel it could have used a normal timeslot length to wrap things up, 12-13 episodes instead of Noitamina's 11, but that might just be me wanting more of it. The last episode could have also done with a little less crying, but thats because I prefer smaller poignant moments, rather than entire episode long tear fests. An easy 8/10.

I also watched Zipang the last couple days, but I'm going to refrain from really saying anything about it because the amount of closure I got and the lack of a second season was a pretty blatant message of "Why the hell are you watching this, instead of reading the manga?". So I plan to correct that.

Oh, and the first Shiki dvd bonus episode is out as of last week. It was good and is a much watch at its appropriate point if you're watching the season fresh as it isn't extra fluff at all, but rather some sideplots that got lost in the frenetic finale of the series. I definitely plan on rewatching the series as soon as the second dvd bonus episode is out.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

For those that might be interested, Durarara is starting on Adult Swim tonight at 12:30. I've seen it, but this just gives me an excuse to watch it again, and I'm interested to see how the dub turned out.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

So? That didn't stop him from doing it from a guys point of view.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

So? That didn't stop him from doing it from a guys point of view.
    ...And we all know how it went :P

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu