New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default ItP Chapter II- Battle for Haruki-Kun

ITP- Battle for Haruki-Kun
    CHAPTER II

Narrators: Lex-kat, Supagoof, & Bladescape.
    Roles written by: Supagoof

In a long turbulent war between Real Life and the Playground, Structured games has become the battleground of choice. While RL has often deployed unusual and strange tactics to remove playgrounders from here, champions of the playground have risen to new heights and fought RL off time and time again. The stories of such battles become legend. Epic words written on endless pages of time answer questions of the ages.

The only question that remains - are you ready to join them?

This time - the journalists and publishers have found a new target. Popular web-comic artist and all around angelic being Haruki-Kun has found that his comic "Angelic Slayer" was considered by the Smithsonian a true adaptation of the Copy/Paste art revolution. Seeking to bring our beloved comic creator out of his fantasy filled inspiration into RL, they have once again sent their agents....

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    20% majority rule: Votes are done in red text. Once a 20% majority has been reached, rounded down, whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game. If no 20% majority is reached, the mob cannot gather sufficient numbers to lynch anyone.

Striking Through Votes: Please strike out old votes, when changing to another. This helps out the narrators when counting the votes. When I tally the votes, if you do not do this, I will count your first vote.

Autolynches: We will be autolynching players only if they do not point for 3 days straight. Of course, if you let me know that you will be gone for more than a week, we will give you a pass.

Helgraf's Scry Interference: If two characters with a scry ability look at the same player, both will get "Interference" as a result.

Have Fun: If you are not having fun, please let me know so we can change your mind.

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playground (Heroes)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Qwaz (Baner)- He successfully completed his mission in chapter 1 of our stories, but his venture into the playground sucked him away from RL. Now loving it here, he has sworn to help the cause of the playground in it's battles against RL. Each night he can choose another playgrounder to protect from Real Life.

Fleeing Coward/Murska (Seer/Fool)- Which one is the seer and which one is the fool, no one really knows. We do know that both were in constant contact with the narrators in chaptor 1, so they pretty much have it all figured out.. We also know that for their length of time in the playground, these two pretty much know everybody. Each night the send in a scry to see if the person logged in is a playgrounder or a real life monster in disguise. (The role of who is the Fool, and who is the Seer is randomly changed throughout the game.)

Haruki-Kun (Angel)- Haruki-Kun will never give up the playground...at least not without a large sum of cash placed at his feet. This Angel of Slaying has the ability to make narrators laugh, thereby avoiding the extra points, so if he's pointed at by the narrator/anti-narrator, no worries. Those points just count as 1.

Atreyu, the Masked Llama (Shield)- Survivor of chaptor one, the quadroped does all he can to keep Real Life at bay. Having given Haruki-Kun guest comics for times the Angel needed it, Atreyu will also give his life to keep Angelic Slayer publishing's in the playground and out of the Smithsonian. (Takes the kill from the first time Haruki-Kun is attacked by the wolves).

Szilard (Killer)- This playgrounder doesn't like any shenanigans going on around him. If he sees troubles or narrator errors, he'll remove it. At night can send in the name of a player to be removed. 3 day cooldown.

Lex-Kat (Narrator)- You think we'd let a game become active without putting the narrator name directly into it? That would be serious, and we need to be SILLY. Lex-Kat's point counts as 3 (except on Haruki-Kun).

Yes, you can choose to turn it off. Just PM the narrators your intention during the Day Phase. But, once you PM the narrators it is off, you can't turn it back on until the next Day Phase.

Playgrounder (Villager)- The playgrounders love their Angelic Cartoonist (SLAYER!) and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.

Real Life Monsters (Villains)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Professor (Alpha Cloaked Wolf)- This old man has been working on capturing Angelic Slayer for years by continuously sending snail mail with things like facts and knowledge. Though he took a bit of a change from the win in chaptor 1. This time around, he knows how to hide better. Scries as Playgrounder - Picks wolves.

The Media (Wolves)- The lure of published papers and swag party offered by the media is enough to pull anyone away. Will they be able to find the soul of Haruki-Kun that has been hidden here ITP?

The Journalist (Devil)- This clever man has been reading through Haruki-Kun's comics for years, and with the knowledge gained from them he can learn about the names of playgrounders behind the logins.

The Parents (Beasts)- The fierce two-some can drag any playgrounder away from the computer when they go. With their catch phrase "Go spend some time outside!" as their trademark, sending them away for their search will result in losing another as well.

The Hacker (Disguiser)- The hacker can log into the boards as anyone else. He's so good, he can in fact make anyone look like someone else when logged in. Each night he can send in the name of a player and make them look like anyone he wants when they are scried.

Supagoof (Anti-Narrator)- Well, if team good gets one, then why shouldn't team evil? That would be silly, and we need to be SERIOUS. Supagoof's point counts as 3 (except on Haruki-Kun).

Yes, you can choose to turn it off. Just PM the narrators your intention during the Day Phase. But, once you PM the narrators it is off, you can't turn it back on until the next Day Phase.

The Doctor (Voider)- The cause of illness is enough to take anyone away from the boards for a time, but the doctor can pretty much tell you to stop staring at the screen waiting for your updates because it's bad for your health. Each night, he can send in the name of a player whose power he want's to de-activate for the night.

The Sneaks (Neutral)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins (Seer/Defender)- Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins, except maybe Tasroth. Each night Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (And yes, they will be different then Goals in chaptor 1)

Tasroth (Seer/Defender)- Everything learned has a price. And almost no one knows that more then Tasroth, except maybe Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Each night Tasroth can send in a name to learn the role of that player. Though his scries are 100% accurate, his goals are not. (And yes, they will be different then Goals in chaptor 1)

Ramsus (Careless Baner)- The baner from chapter one has learned what it takes to protect someone. Problem is, he's tired of only protecting himself. This time around, he will give his life in the protection of anyone else.

Player list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Killed?|Role
    01|Alarra||
    02|Anatharon||
    03|Atreyu the Masked Llama||
    04|Banjo1985||
    05|Billtodamax||
    06|Bobby Archer||
    07|cd4||
    08|the Cyberwolf||
    09|Deathslayer7||
    10|Elder Tsofu||
    11|the Fiery Tower||
    12|Fleeing Coward||
    13|Gray Mage||
    14|Haruki-Kun||
    15|Internet Flea||
    16|Lady Tialait||
    17|Lemonus||
    18|Murska||
    19|Otakuryoga||
    20|Qwaz||
    21|Rakkoon||
    22|Ramsus||
    23|Reinholdt||
    24|Rules Lawyer #1||
    25|Sanity702||
    26|Saposhiente||
    27|Szilard||
    28|Tasroth||
    29|Thufir||
    30|Zanshin||
    31|Zar Peter||
    [/table]
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-06-08 at 11:36 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thumbs up RChecking in....

Yay - first post. Really - this is just a spot for me to make notes about how Lexie needs to update the first post. Really - this is just a nag the other narrator post to help us keep you guys up to date on how the game progresses.

Not that you need to be kept up to date - as you should subscribe to the thread, have the posts e-mailed to yourself, and of course, use a smart phone to get your e-mails as soon as they are sent no matter where you are. That's this kind of commitment we want. The kind of commitment we'll take however, is just general interest in playing a fun werewolf game - where the prize is winner's become he roles in the next version of the game! Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Fix this Lex, the natives are restless
    Playgrounder (Villager)- The playgrounders love their Angelic Cartoonist (SLAYER!) and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.
    Playa list
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Playa|Killed?|Role
    01|Alarra||
    02|Atreyu the Masked Llama||
    03|Banjo1985||
    04|Billtodamax||
    05|cd4||
    06|the Cyberwolf||
    07|Deathslayer7||
    08|the Fiery Tower||
    10|Haruki-Kun||
    11|Inhuman Bot||
    12|Lady Tialait||
    13|Lemonus|
    14|Otakuryoga||
    15|Rakkoon||
    16|Ramsus||
    17|Reinholdt||
    18|Rogue Nine||
    19|Rules Lawyer #1||
    20|Sanity702||
    21|Szilard||
    22|Tasroth||
    23|Thufir||
    24|Zar Peter||
    07|Fleeing Coward|Night 4|Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    05|Bobby Archer|Day 4|Playgrounder
    06|Murska|Day 3|Playgrounder
    05|Internet Flea|Night 2|Journalist (Devil)
    04|Gray Mage|Night 2|Lex-Kat, the Narrator
    03|Elder Tsofu|Day 2|Playgrounder
    02|Qwaz|Night 1|Atreyu the Masked Llama, the Shield
    01|Saposhiente|Day 1|Playgrounder
    [/table]
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2011-06-25 at 08:54 AM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: ItP Chapter II- Battle for Haruki-Kun

I'm in, as I believe I said I would be at the end of the last game.

Edit: Rofl @ typo in Slizard's description.

Edit 2: Tired of baning myself. Not kidding. If you could overdose on self banes I would have died. Of course that makes absolutely no sense....oh well.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-05-26 at 03:47 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Sure, in.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

In with Fin's hat, and his shoes as well!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    This in has been Goof approved.

@Ramsus - I'm not seeing the error - did Lex fix it, or am I just missing it completely?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in. Hopefully without any problems this time.

Why don't the neutrals have a narrator as well?

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

8. - Top - End - #8

OldWizardGuy

I am ready to join whichever side will have me.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

I'm in once more. After all, this is yet another game with me as a role.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Might be Will be fun, I'll join.

*reads rules more closely*
    *edits*

Playgrounder (Villager)- The playgrounders love their mod and will do everything to eliminate the Real Life's call. Each day they can point to lynch someone they believe to be a Real Life Monster.
    A slight error?
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2011-05-26 at 11:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    I'm in. Hopefully without any problems this time.

Why don't the neutrals have a narrator as well?
    Because they aren't that big of a team really. Just big enough that if they decide to allign with either Good (Playgrouners!) or Evil (Real Life) that it could sway the games results significantly.

Take the role of Ramsus for example - Does he side with team good and the masses in order to help them win, or perhaps he chats with team evil, offer's his bane to them, to help them win. As long as that role stays alive - it wins, so it doesn't care whether good or evil finishes, just so long as neither kills that role.

And the secret goals of Lord Fullbladder, MoG and of Tasroth - which team helps them with that goal better?

@Elder - ^ Um, didn't you hear? Yeah - me neither. Replace MOD with ANGELIC CARTOONIST and it works....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Elder Tsofu, I request that you stop rewriting the quotes. There is obviously no mention of mods in that description.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

in.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Elder Tsofu, I request that you stop rewriting the quotes. There is obviously no mention of mods in that description.
    Bah, I'll have to wind up my level of cunning if my tricks are found out that fast. -.-
    Next time it won't be as obvious, and it might possibly include white text-fu!
    Mwahahahaha!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    This in has been Goof approved.

@Ramsus - I'm not seeing the error - did Lex fix it, or am I just missing it completely?
    She fixed it before you saw it I believe. Or maybe I'm just a lying liar. I can't tell as I'm not wearing pants.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Man I gotta do something crazy 'round here to get my name mentioned in one of these.

And by that I mean in.

Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.
    Jedi Master Corran Horn avatar by Vrythas

Top Narrations/Deaths featuring myself (in no particular order):
    1. Saved by the Konami code!
    2. Wait, I was an android?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

sure, why not...i have too much free time atm
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Or maybe I'm just a lying liar. I can't tell as I'm not wearing pants.
    Now I can see a supervillian hiding his pants somewhere in a building, then lying. His grand scheme is to buy a pants factory and light the whole city on fire in one night of wild exaggeration.

...Did I just comment? I guess that means I'm joining.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Internet Flea View Post
    and light the whole city on fire in one night of wild exaggeration.
    I prefer tamed exaggeration, much easier to control....

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Next time it won't be as obvious, and it might possibly include white text-fu!
    Mwahahahaha!
    Not subtle enough. =P

And yes, the new narrator finally makes a comment....

*Goes back to hide in his hole on the 'narrators' bar.*
    Last edited by bladescape; 2011-05-27 at 08:48 AM.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Dangit, I'm out of tricks! No fooling these narrators I guess. -.-

21. - Top - End - #21
    Firbolg in the Playground

In. Hopefully this time I won't almost autolynch and then be lynched for pointing to avoid the autolynch.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Count me in I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    In with Banjo's pants!
    Maybe this will provide me with the disguise I need to live longer than night 1. Or was it 2? It was oh so long ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

In! How can I not be?
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

25. - Top - End - #25

Just coming in to point this out - With proper Town strategy, Supagoof will be dead before Night 2. How? D1, Lex-kat claims and no-votes, and everyone else points at theirself under threat of lynch. If Supagoof goes along with this, he dies, so he of course counter-claims Lex-kat. One of them is lynched, if they're Supagoof then hooray, if they're not then Supagoof dies the next day.
    So you know.
    @v: Right, that rule. Town could still do it, if more slowly, by having 5 tied-ish wagons per day and narrowing down Supagoof over time.
    As to people like you, I said "with proper Town strategy". Your attitude is not optimal strategy. It shouldn't have to be had, and instead things like this should be fixed pregame, as I am allowing to happen by pointing it out. If/When I narrate more complicated games, a rule will be "Please break the game, but tell the narrator first". If it was a game winning strategy, they would be awarded the Cheese trophy and an honorary victory, and the rules would be amended. As to this specific case wolf multivoters suffer from this problem in general. The easy fix would be to allow Supagoof to null his own power, perhaps in advance, perhaps a limited number of times per game.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2011-05-29 at 09:21 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

20% is required for a lynch, so I don't think that strategy works out all that well.

Not to mention most people, myself included, would not go along with it and would lynch people who tried to force something like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't a simple fix for that to just be that Lex-kat/Supagoof's vote only counts as 1 vote against themselves?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Just coming in to point this out - With proper Town strategy, Supagoof will be dead before Night 2. How? D1, Lex-kat claims and no-votes, and everyone else points at theirself under threat of lynch. If Supagoof goes along with this, he dies, so he of course counter-claims Lex-kat. One of them is lynched, if they're Supagoof then hooray, if they're not then Supagoof dies the next day.
    So you know.
    @v: Right, that rule. Town could still do it, if more slowly, by having 5 tied-ish wagons per day and narrowing down Supagoof over time.
    As to people like you, I said "with proper Town strategy". Your attitude is not optimal strategy. It shouldn't have to be had, and instead things like this should be fixed pregame, as I am allowing to happen by pointing it out. If/When I narrate more complicated games, a rule will be "Please break the game, but tell the narrator first". If it was a game winning strategy, they would be awarded the Cheese trophy and an honorary victory, and the rules would be amended. As to this specific case wolf multivoters suffer from this problem in general. The easy fix would be to allow Supagoof to null his own power, perhaps in advance, perhaps a limited number of times per game.
    Many narrators don't count votes against yourself anyways. Overcomplicating a game with additional rules such as limited number of nulls is a problem in and of itself.

And I'd still vote against you and such a ridiculous plan. I come here to have fun. Not go through the rules with a fine tooth comb to find flaws.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #29

First, I changed plans from the vote for self idea to the five wagons strategy for days where Town has little better to do. As to finely combing, that's not what I'm doing; if it required a find comb I wouldn't have spotted it in a game I wasn't playing. It is simply a common problem with that kind of role.
    @Ramsus: Not if town is doing the 5 wagons strategy.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Matt K
    Guest in the Playground

Any idea when you're planning on starting the game?

I'd love to play but I'll be on my honeymoon until June 22 so if you're starting before then I'll have to pass (maybe next game).