New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Whoa Nelly!

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Whoa Nelly!

Did anyone else love the Earthworm Jim videogames back in the day? I think I had every single one of the 2D ones (i.e. not the one for the n64) - they remain some of my favorite time wasters to this day. I don't think I ever beat the first one (though I did get the fancy HD remake on the 360) - but I smashed the second one and the Gameboy ones into the ground.

Please, tell me I'm not the only person who played these games.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Whoa Nelly!

I've played one, probably the very first one at that. It's been a while, though, so my memories of it are a bit hazy but still, I remember enjoying it a whole lot.
    "What can change the nature of a man?"
    __
    Guybrush Threepwood avatar by Ceika

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I loved the Earthworm Jim games when I was little, but I was pretty terrible at them. I never got past the Hell Snowman in EWJ1, and I got stuck at the level after the pocket rocket level in EWJ2.

But they're awesome games. I has them on Steam now!
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    I loved the Earthworm Jim games when I was little, but I was pretty terrible at them. I never got past the Hell Snowman in EWJ1, and I got stuck at the level after the pocket rocket level in EWJ2.

But they're awesome games. I has them on Steam now!
    O_O They're on Steam!?

Actually, I'm not surprised. I had a computer version of the first one waaaaaaay back. But that's jawsome.
    Mega-tar by AlterForm. Power Up!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyk View Post
    I've always considered breakfast to be evil. Looking at me with it's bacon-smile, and it's sunny-side-up eyes. I know it's plotting something.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..thank you, Deth Muncher. My life is richer for being aware of this. And weirder. ("You destroyed my friends! I will have my vengeance! Face the fury of my pelvic thrusts!" "Oh yeah? LAZOR!")
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    You all are a terrible species. I'm going back to my fortress of misanthropy now.