New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [WIP] The Invoker- A Tier 1, Cha-based Divine Caster...(Need some Help with this

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post
    Again, nobody would allow me to ever alter the cleric in that reguard. NOBODY. Hence why I need some kind of homebrew class to give me what I want. This may not have been the right way to go about it, but nobody's going to let me swap casting stats on a cleric, or so it seems.
    If they aren't going to let you alter the cleric via an ACF, they aren't going to let you homebrew a class that is a cleric+.

If they do, I'd strongly reconsider playing with them, because rejecting something that has minimal balance impact, while allowing something significantly stronger is pretty stupid.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [WIP] The Invoker- A Tier 1, Cha-based Divine Caster...(Need some Help with this

Of course they would not allow such a class, but nor would they allow a casting stat swap. Which thus means there needs to be another solution which is simply to make a class that dose what I want without being better then any other tier 1. That, at the moment, seems to be my ONLY option...

Unless there is some other way?

Perhaps try to make an int-based cleric ACF instead of a cha-based one? It would reduce possible DMM abuse, but add a bunch more skill points and then just be a slightly different archivist...and int is seen as the "best" casting stat which makes this less appealing the more I think about it.
    Last edited by Maho-Tsukai; 2011-06-02 at 02:52 PM.
    Awesome evil Necro-Cleric Avatar created by Ceika

In D&D I am a..

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 3 Lawful Evil Half-Elf Cleric with the following ability scores...

Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 13
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 15
    Wisdom- 17
    Charisma- 16

To find out your D&D self take this quiz today!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maho-Tsukai View Post
    Which thus means there needs to be another solution which is simply to make a class that dose what I want without being better then any other tier 1. That, at the moment, seems to be my ONLY option...
    Bolded is the part we've got problems with.

This class is better than a cleric. I mean, make a seperate class, make an ACF, do whatever. But this is a cleric with spontaneous domains instead of healing, a more flexible spell list, and a couple other goodies, and that's what I believe you need to change.
    Last edited by YouLostMe; 2011-06-02 at 06:46 PM.