1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default My Little Pony IX: The Best Thread Ever

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.9d
    Spitfire & Wonderbolts Edition!

Brief Introduction

Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust, currently viewed by (almost) the entire internet, not only the intended audience. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humour, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No brony could ask for more. I recommend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up in public because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily... Or search for "Sharing is Magic". That is all.

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Woah, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway.

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the internet. Pony themed fan-art is abundant and often excellent.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Whoof

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Currently made canon in Feeling Pinkie Keen and in Faust's picture showcased below.

Dr. Whoof is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he saves time and space very quietly off camera.

Ponytar Artists

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Alterform
    Crown of Thorns
    Dirtytabs
    Irbis
    Kairaven
    Khosan

...and a lot more, too many to keep track of, now.

If you do/don't want to be here, make a note in the thread.

Note that we're looking for more as the above are a bit swamped with requests currently.

New: Official PonyPic Request Thread!

General Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Fan Fiction and News: Equestria Daily
    FF... Darkly: Equestria after Dark
    Discussion Image Forum: Ponychan
    Pony Emotes: FiM Emotes
    Pony Images: Ponibooru
    Know Your Meme: Ponies!
    Allspark MLP Discussion Thread

Art Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Deviant Art Links:

Lauren Faust

14 Bis
    ButterSS
    Csimadmax
    DonKoRR
    Irving Zero
    Johnjoseco
    Kloudmutt
    Palestorm

Tutorials:

How to Draw Luna
    MLP Art Guides
    MLP Colour Guides

Kloud TV

Concepts:

On the Design of the Mane Cast

Concept art by L. Faust:

AJ/AJ
    Pinkie/Surprise
    Rarity/Sparkler
    Twilight/Twinkle
    Derpy/Ditzy

Group Shot

5 Best Pictures [IMHO]:

TG&P Trixie 1 2a 2b 3
    Twilight Sparkle 1 2 3
    Rainbow Dash 1 2 3 3.6
    Fluttershy 1 2 3

Pony Games

Nice Fanwork

Art Challenges

Spoiler
    Show
    MyLP Challenge:

Do you want to try your hand at something fun? Feeling need to draw fanart? How about trying MyLP Challenge?

What it is? Just click on the linked template.

How does that work? Don't be scared, just complete the template to the best of your ability. Have one two three four examples made by other ponies

Starting thread and more examples can be found here.

Phoe Challenge:

ATTENTIONEVERYPONY!!!

Phoe In Ropes is now a thing. Wanna draw something? Tie me up. Have a story to write? Work it in as an easter egg. Want it to be the main focus? Wonderful! I want to see enough material by Thread XI for white pegasus ponies bound in ropes or shackles or what have you to make it the official theme of the thread. Got it? Good!

Important GitP Links

Thread I - Because Friendship Is Magic
    Thread II - Now About 20% Cooler
    Thread III - The Great & Powerful Thread
    Thread IV - Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology
    Thread V - Art of the Thread
    Thread VI - MUFFINS!
    Thread VII - The Grand Galloping Thread
    Thread VIII - Friendship is Music

Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship
    My Little Pony: FiM RP Recruitment
    Pony Week Discussion Thread
    Last edited by Trixie; 2011-06-08 at 04:05 PM.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony IX: ...

We've reached 400 pages of Pony in five months?
    for the purpose of subscription
    Wow, it really must be that good.
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-05-29 at 06:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"My Little Pony IX: Trixie Nap" then?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

She'll put something on tomorrow. And I'll link it when we reach p50.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

Gonna defy convention and post this in the new thread because I'm absolutely convinced it must be seen:

Raz_Fox: Misted Stage was awesome. That final part pushed it out of 'Wow, this is really good' and into 'I don't even want to talk about how good it is as much as I want to take notes and squeal like a fangirl.' Mad props, sir. Mad props.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Reposting this here to be the first picture of the thread:
    I was bored, and inspiration hit me.
    Spoiler
    Show

This is what happens when you read Lovecraft while listening to My Little Pony, while surfing the web.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Need a thread title?

How about:

My Little Pony IX: [spoiler]Spike Has A Crush On Rarity[/spoiler.]

(Without the . of course)
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-05-29 at 08:31 PM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    Need a thread title?

How about:

(Without the . of course)
    Wait... Spike has a crush on Rarity!?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

If you haven't already, go to Equestria Daily, and listen to Super Ponybeat's Luna (Nightlife Jazz) while also listening to RainyMood. It's like ambrosia to the ears. No, really. Go and listen now.

Also, wasn't the official title for this going to be Wonderbolt/Spitfire themed? The Best Thread Ever? I remember that from the last thread. I'll go look it up, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    My Little Pony IX: Best Thread Ever w/ Spitfire/Wonderbolts theme took second place and as such, will be next, IMHO. That is all :P
    Tada. PROOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Oh, it. is. on.

Boom! Look down. What's that in your web browser? Back up. I have it. It's Chapter 6 of Misted Stage! Look again! The full story is now in Part 1 and Part 2!

Anything is possible when you're motivated by guilt and pride. I'm on a Phoe.
    In case this was missed on the last thread.

Gonna defy convention and post this in the new thread because I'm absolutely convinced it must be seen:

Raz_Fox: Misted Stage was awesome. That final part pushed it out of 'Wow, this is really good' and into 'I don't even want to talk about how good it is as much as I want to take notes and squeal like a fangirl.' Mad props, sir. Mad props.

The best part is, that's not even the end. I've still got my big meta-twist to pull off, and I can only hope that I've foreshadowed it strongly enough that it won't come off as the fic's jumping-shark moment.

But I've got an absolutely adorable Braeburn/Dash moment coming up, that's hilarious (IMO) to boot. So... that shall be written! Soonish! Hopefully before June proper so I can start on my first start-to-finish novel! And more fanfiction, because I'm Crazy Raz, Writer Extraordinare!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    "Ah am Naghtmare Bloom! Remember those cupcakes well, for they shall be yer last! The diet... shall last... FOREVER!" (Nightmare Bloom runs off with Rarity's plate of cupcakes, cackling evily)

Rarity: ... in retrospect, asking Sweetie Belle and her friends to help me with my diet was a bad idea.
    This is the best. You have my full approval.

I hear this bondage thing is about trust, and it seems Luna chose poorly.
    I'm an older sibling. You have no idea how tempting it is to just mess with their heads every once in a while. Celestia just probably forgot to write down "Free Luna" in her diary until Twilight reminded her, and then she was too scared of Luna blabbing about their "friendly tie-up games" to all of Equestria to release her. Too bad that Nightmare Moon was slithering around on the moon like Venom.

Okay, enough of this namby romance, it's time for an unprovoked and brutal direct assault!

Braeburn's voice is as annoying as his face,
    It'd be best for all if he left the pony race,
    Pure stupidity to try and make him a star
    His murder of acting will leave an ugly scar.
    How undignified. Watch, and see how a true poet composes his work!

Silly Thanqol can't
    See how awesome Braeburn is
    Embrace the truth, bro

OVERWHELMINGLY HAMMY!
    THUNDEROUSLY HAMMY!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    The gem was born of evil's fire.
    The gem shall be his portal
    He comes to claim he comes to sire
    the end of all things mortal.
    That reminds me. Have we seen any Pony/Teen Titan fics? Because we must have one. And Rainbow Dash could race Kid Flash! And Twilight could compare notes with Raven and note the similarity in their voices! Pinkie Pie and Starfire would have the best party ever! And Applejack would learn all about modern agricultural techniques with Cyborg!

This leaves Rarity and Robin. This would either be the best thing or the worst thing ever.

Somepony must write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Don't worry my friends
    It is not the end
    Although Trixie does sleep
    Her vigil she keeps
    When this thread ends, another shall start
    Plans are in motion, so rest your sweet heart

In ropes. (ties Phoe up)
    This gets the Raz_Fox Seal of Approval!
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2011-05-29 at 08:51 PM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

If you haven't already, go to Equestria Daily, and listen to Super Ponybeat's Luna (Nightlife Jazz) while also listening to RainyMood. It's like ambrosia to the ears. No, really. Go and listen now.

Trés cool.
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Here be OP. Sumday.

Spoiler
    Show

<Seeing thread 8 is 3 posts from page 50 and I really need my sleep> >_<
    Ah haha ha! Oh, Gods! I haven't cackles lime that in too long. I think I hurt my diaphragm!
    Ooh, I can't breathe ... I can't breathe. Ha ha ha~!

*ahem*

Gracious Me. You guys, the speed we are at! The threads just can't take it, they don't have the bandwidth!

... So let's blow it up and cash in the insurance for a bigger, better stronger vehicle for pony

Little mock-miffed I missed out on the rap battle though, and even Lix and Kyuubi and PhoeKun jumped in! It's like those carttons where the sick kids looks out the upstairs window at all his friends playing in the street XD

*hits*

*Does nothing*

That's like trying to hit Lix with a shipping beam. You're going to affect two things. Jack and Squat.
    ... There is a shipping beam? Criminy.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    (SiuiSxBig Mac)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "oh, boy. Um... Wow. Oh boy."
    paced back in front of the big stalli--colt, we will use the word 'colt', this isn't a tawdry romance novel! he paced in front of the large colt, trying not to stare at the prominent muscles just under the warm, russet coat.

Big McIntosh's frame was impassive, his face unreadable. The crisp scent of green apples and sweat reached Siuis's nose and-
    "Ach! Focus, focus! You're a wizard, for crying out loud! This should be second nature by now..." Anxiety rolled off the diminutive equine in waves, seemingly guiding his blind walk around the larger pony.

"Is somethin' the matter?" Big Mac said. No, intoned, his words reverberated like a bell, deep and bronze. Siuis looked up, catching the other's gaze.. The sound was impressive, even without the Ship Note. And his eyes!

Even in the midst of such turmoil, Bic Mac's eyes were placid, gentle. Siuis swore he could hear birdsong, even see the gently moving leaves in the woods, green, so very green, and so full of life, and-

Siuis tore his gaze away, swearing.
    "Gracious! And I bet Lix not did this because I'm in the same room as she is, too. I can't believe that just happened, I ... .... .. .... ...." his voice fell in volume, becoming a barely whispered mumble at the end.

"I'm sorry?" Big Mac said, genuine concern ringing his normally serene voice. "I didn't hear you."

If it were possible for a motionless pony to freeze in place, then that is what Siuis did. He scrutinized the floor with a force that could rival Fluttershy, a burning red bit of snout just visible under the brim of his hat.
    "I said I can't believe I got lost in your eyes."

Big Mac's face softened into a gentle smile. "you know, 'ship fic' is a term for a broad category of lit'rature, only a fraction end in erotica, whether explicit or implied."

Siuis looked slowly up at the slab of colt, with a look that could only be described as 'blinkered'. Before he could speak, Big Mac's head turned just so, his eyes shifting their liquid emerald gaze far over the wizard's shoulder. Siuis felt the motion, the force behind Big macintosh's eyes compelling him to turn.

Big Macintosh was looking out a massive window, normally viewing the intricate dance of the stars. Siuis backed up and stood flank to flank (
    Totally not a cuddle, just changing my POV to match his. Right? Ach, dammit brain!) and chuckled. Viewed from the personal command deck's leisure room, Equestrian earth was bathed at the edges by the gently diffused light of the sun.

"Big Mac, are we... Are we watching the sunset together?"

"EEE-yup."

"oh. This is..." Siuis shifted, settling his weight more firmly onto the wall that was the apple farmer's flank. "This is nice."

A rainbow blur marred the perfect scene. Down was up, left was back, silence! Noise! Motion without motion in the void of space...

Siuis noted that he was staring at a wall. Or the floor. Ceiling? Ceiling.

Lix Lorn, ten yards away, lay on her side, manic smile juxtaposed with a glazed look of contentment on her face. Even Big McIntosh looked perturbed, his normally perfect posture canter ever so slightly to the side. All three had traces of lipstick about them.

Lix giggled. "I think we just made out with Rainbow Dash!"

All tags done by hand. Wish I could use the GUI....

Legends are wrong.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thoom.
    yeah, ever since firefox, we've been having trouble enforcing the command protocols. All you need are the browser and a pony pic anywhere in the system you use to access the command prompts. Horrid really, but let's be fair; the OFC was designed with principles of magic in mind. The satellite? It's a shell, so no one freaks out about an array of crystals, alchemical regents and a consecrated skull from a unicorn willing to give their life for friendship floating through space. There may also be salamanders, I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    *has no existence in pony terms, is thus unaffected* And I'd prefer not to be shipped with anyone anyways, sorry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The white background horse stared shyly at the object of his affections, and sighed.

Their love could never be; Halftangible was a person using an avatar representation in digital space; he himself was just a background element to flesh out such an avatar. Theirs were different worlds. And yet...

White background horse squinted, strained his vision. The fourth wall was out there, he could _feel_ it. Constraining him, enforcing these codes of behaviour that kept him and his love forever apart. If only he could find a way through, some crack or seam, surely he could find a fabled "avatarist" who could grant his wish?

It was a desperate plan, and foolish, he knew. But white background horse would persevere, until the day he could munch oats and roll in the grass, free with his desired one. However long that day took to come.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. You gave me the perfect set up. Hope I didn't cross a line, so lemme know if it's too much, aye?

I wasn't using your cannon. I was using my cannon.*

*Fires cannon at Gamerlord*
    Yeah, you have to consider the ennui. Pretty much every somewhat-eternal being develops such technology, as a matter of staging off boredom. Mine even has a fancy-pants star trek style transportulator, with blue federation AND red klingon settings! And it fits right in my pocket.

*digs in pocket*

Except that this isn't my portable low-orbit friendship cannon array crystal. This...

It appears to be a kumquat, actually.

MEEEETALL MAAAAAAASK ! ! !

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Snrk.

Late one night at the Carousel Boutique, Rarity sneaks down the stairs, wearing a fashionable ninja costume. *She slips into the kitchen without making a noise. *Her target: the cupcakes in the fridge. *She opens it slowly... gently... and starts to chow down. *Immediately, she finds herself snacking on nothing by air. *Her plate of cupcakes is now being held by a yellow filly dressed in silver plate armor. *

"Ah am Naghtmare Bloom! *Remember those cupcakes well, for they shall be yer last! *The diet... shall last... FOREVER!" *(Nightmare Bloom runs off with Rarity's plate of cupcakes, cackling evily)

Rarity: ... in retrospect, asking Sweetie Belle and her friends to help me with my diet was a bad idea.
    See? This is why we love you. Because you are awesome :3

Quote Originally Posted by vegetalss4 View Post
    Oh how I envy your drawing ability, I kinda gave up after I realized that making a simple half circle shape/any curve at all, was going to be a struggle for me every time.
    Oh, don't be down, mate. Consider that, if you don't practice it will always be a struggle. If you do, you'll look back after a year and marvel at your progress!

Also, curves are hard. I still can't draw a damn circle. I just end up tracing soda caps if it has to be a good one.

Oh, it. is. on.

Boom! Look down. What's that in your web browser? Back up. I have it. It's Chapter 6 of Misted Stage! Look again! The full story is now in Part 1 and Part 2!

Anything is possible when you're motivated by guilt and pride. I'm on a Phoe.

...I'm going to die. Is this what squeezing lemonade from water feels like? And I've still got another chapter left to write! The big "this-is-what's-been-happening" "it's-all-her-fault" chapter!
    Quoted for easy access at a later date.

Also, first thing I thought when you said "I'm on a Phoe" was the picture of Baron Awesome on on Thanqfilly's back.

Only now I'm seeing you waving a a cowboy hat as she plummets off a cliff to avoid said Thanq's art. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Trixie
    I wonder if I should be mad for you thinking of drawing me or not drawing me
    Woah, what? No. No, I refuse to get in trouble for the things I think. If I can be held accountable for my thoughts, I'll be punished constantly and never get any work done. Hay, this very paragraph would get me in trouble (I'm sure you can all spot the keyword that does it).

No, a wizard's mind is his sanctum, and is inviolate. Me and the lich have that in common.

Which reminds me, anyone seen the commodore? I may have to grab a handful of his dust and reinstate his mortal shell. Then we can talk about ponies some more.

Don't worry my friends
    It is not the end
    Although Trixie does sleep
    Her vigil she keeps
    When this thread ends, another shall start
    Plans are in motion, so rest your sweet heart

In ropes. (ties Phoe up)
    Oh, good, you seem to have solved the Communication With Trixie problems you were having

12. - Top - End - #12

The best part is, that's not even the end. I've still got my big meta-twist to pull off, and I can only hope that I've foreshadowed it strongly enough that it won't come off as the fic's jumping-shark moment.

But I've got an absolutely adorable Braeburn/Dash moment coming up, that's hilarious (IMO) to boot. So... that shall be written! Soonish! Hopefully before June proper so I can start on my first start-to-finish novel! And more fanfiction, because I'm Crazy Raz, Writer Extraordinare!
    The act seven twist! Of course!

I await this with eagerly anticipated eagerness.

I'm an older sibling. You have no idea how tempting it is to just mess with their heads every once in a while. Celestia just probably forgot to write down "Free Luna" in her diary until Twilight reminded her, and then she was too scared of Luna blabbing about their "friendly tie-up games" to all of Equestria to release her. Too bad that Nightmare Moon was slithering around on the moon like Venom.
    I suddenly get the niggling feeling I'm forgetting something.

*Cut to Shimmer, tied up in a basement*

Nahhhh.

How undignified. Watch, and see how a true poet composes his work!

Silly Thanqol can't
    See how awesome Braeburn is
    Embrace the truth, bro
    each time you say that
    celestia makes luna
    break down into tears

THUNDEROUSLY HAMMY!
    IMPLAUSIBLY HAMMY!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "oh, boy. Um... Wow. Oh boy."
    paced back in front of the big stalli--colt, we will use the word 'colt', this isn't a tawdry romance novel! he paced in front of the large colt, trying not to stare at the prominent muscles just under the warm, russet coat.

Big McIntosh's frame was impassive, his face unreadable. The crisp scent of green apples and sweat reached Siuis's nose and-
    "Ach! Focus, focus! You're a wizard, for crying out loud! This should be second nature by now..." Anxiety rolled off the diminutive equine in waves, seemingly guiding his blind walk around the larger pony.

"Is somethin' the matter?" Big Mac said. No, intoned, his words reverberated like a bell, deep and bronze. Siuis looked up, catching the other's gaze.. The sound was impressive, even without the Ship Note. And his eyes!

Even in the midst of such turmoil, Bic Mac's eyes were placid, gentle. Siuis swore he could hear birdsong, even see the gently moving leaves in the woods, green, so very green, and so full of life, and-

Siuis tore his gaze away, swearing.
    "Gracious! And I bet Lix not did this because I'm in the same room as she is, too. I can't believe that just happened, I ... .... .. .... ...." his voice fell in volume, becoming a barely whispered mumble at the end.

"I'm sorry?" Big Mac said, genuine concern ringing his normally serene voice. "I didn't hear you."

If it were possible for a motionless pony to freeze in place, then that is what Siuis did. He scrutinized the floor with a force that could rival Fluttershy, a burning red bit of snout just visible under the brim of his hat.
    "I said I can't believe I got lost in your eyes."

Big Mac's face softened into a gentle smile. "you know, 'ship fic' is a term for a broad category of lit'rature, only a fraction end in erotica, whether explicit or implied."

Siuis looked slowly up at the slab of colt, with a look that could only be described as 'blinkered'. Before he could speak, Big Mac's head turned just so, his eyes shifting their liquid emerald gaze far over the wizard's shoulder. Siuis felt the motion, the force behind Big macintosh's eyes compelling him to turn.

Big Macintosh was looking out a massive window, normally viewing the intricate dance of the stars. Siuis backed up and stood flank to flank (
    Totally not a cuddle, just changing my POV to match his. Right? Ach, dammit brain!) and chuckled. Viewed from the personal command deck's leisure room, Equestrian earth was bathed at the edges by the gently diffused light of the sun.

"Big Mac, are we... Are we watching the sunset together?"

"EEE-yup."

"oh. This is..." Siuis shifted, settling his weight more firmly onto the wall that was the apple farmer's flank. "This is nice."

A rainbow blur marred the perfect scene. Down was up, left was back, silence! Noise! Motion without motion in the void of space...

Siuis noted that he was staring at a wall. Or the floor. Ceiling? Ceiling.

Lix Lorn, ten yards away, lay on her side, manic smile juxtaposed with a glazed look of contentment on her face. Even Big McIntosh looked perturbed, his normally perfect posture canter ever so slightly to the side. All three had traces of lipstick about them.

Lix giggled. "I think we just made out with Rainbow Dash!"

All tags done by hand. Wish I could use the GUI....

yeah, ever since firefox, we've been having trouble enforcing the command protocols. All you need are the browser and a pony pic anywhere in the system you use to access the command prompts. Horrid really, but let's be fair; the OFC was designed with principles of magic in mind. The satellite? It's a shell, so no one freaks out about an array of crystals, alchemical regents and a consecrated skull from a unicorn willing to give their life for friendship floating through space. There may also be salamanders, I forget.

Spoiler
    Show
    The white background horse stared shyly at the object of his affections, and sighed.

Their love could never be; Halftangible was a person using an avatar representation in digital space; he himself was just a background element to flesh out such an avatar. Theirs were different worlds. And yet...

White background horse squinted, strained his vision. The fourth wall was out there, he could _feel_ it. Constraining him, enforcing these codes of behaviour that kept him and his love forever apart. If only he could find a way through, some crack or seam, surely he could find a fabled "avatarist" who could grant his wish?

It was a desperate plan, and foolish, he knew. But white background horse would persevere, until the day he could munch oats and roll in the grass, free with his desired one. However long that day took to come.

Sorry mate, couldn't resist. You gave me the perfect set up. Hope I didn't cross a line, so lemme know if it's too much, aye?

Oh, good, you seem to have solved the Communication With Trixie problems you were having
    You are the awesomest person.
    Although no comment on the hatred cannon?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #14

*The BigMac Fic*
    I accidentally my pants. So awesome

*Shipfic the second*
    I accidentally my eyebrows. You need a high five.

Yeah, you have to consider the ennui. Pretty much every somewhat-eternal being develops such technology, as a matter of staging off boredom. Mine even has a fancy-pants star trek style transportulator, with blue federation AND red klingon settings! And it fits right in my pocket.

*digs in pocket*

Except that this isn't my portable low-orbit friendship cannon array crystal. This...

It appears to be a kumquat, actually.

MEEEETALL MAAAAAAASK ! ! !

On the moon, Mask sneezes.
    "Somepony must be thinking about me!"

Also, curves are hard. I still can't draw a damn circle. I just end up tracing soda caps if it has to be a good one.
    This is the kind of super secret art technique I'm on the Internet to learn.

Also, first thing I thought when you said "I'm on a Phoe" was the picture of Baron Awesome on on Thanqfilly's back.

Only now I'm seeing you waving a a cowboy hat as she plummets off a cliff to avoid said Thanq's art. Haha.
    The best image!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

*munches popcorn*

Don't mind me, I'm just marking my place.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    *munches popcorn*

Don't mind me, I'm just marking my place.
    Hi new thread!

Bye new thread, eating time! I just spent five hours helping who has English as a second language learn biological anthropology. I'll have to spend another five hours tomorrow, if I'm lucky. It's Miller Time. And by Miller Time, I mean go wander until I find food. Since I don't drink. I wish this town had a restaurant called Miller's, or else I'd be able to make that joke better. Ah well.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-29 at 09:39 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    This is what happens when you read Lovecraft while listening to My Little Pony, while surfing the web.
    And now I have an image of an MLP/HPL crossover a la Dragonshy

Fluttershy: Um, excuse me Mr. Squid-Dragon monster, but you can't wake up yet...
    Cthulu: *roar*
    Fluttershy: *engages The Stare* I said you can't wake up and destroy the Earth now! It's just not nice!
    Cthulu: *slumps*
    Fluttershy: Aww, it's ok...just go back to your lair and wait dreaming for a few more millenia *pets*
    Cthulu: Purrrr...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*Clicks stopwatch* Nine days and five hours. We beat the last thread by almost four days.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Artist Training Grounds Playgrounder Edition redux!
    (or
    "How can someone I've never seen be so photogenic?!")

FILLIES! AND! GENTLECOLTS!
    I come here to give you the greatest1 Shipper in ALL of EQUESTRIA~!

Spoiler
    Show

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LIXIE!

full size below
    Spoiler
    Show

I am damn proud of this one.
    And thanks, guys, for all the shenanigans. This would have been a boring round to draw without them. I am still waiting for something Orbital Friendship Cannon related

Must work now. Will catch up in a spell, promise ~_^

1: your mileage may vary

20. - Top - End - #20

Here is the start of a My Little Pony joint fan fiction to get this thread rolling:

Spoiler
    Show
    Marcus Williams somehow ends up in Bneinbien on Equestria. He notices what seem to be corrupted ponies corrupting other ponies. A mare drops her filly at his feet to protect the filly (light tan earth pony with brick red mane and tail show horse style) from the corruption than takes off in another direction. As the mare gets corrupted, Marcus protects the filly with his body. Because the corruption was designed with ponies in mind, Marcus being a human was immune to it.

Marcus uses a special radio to single: "Marcus to Megabase, port us back now."

Those at Megabase respond: "But we only 1 person through and that is you and unless something is wrong with our sensors than you are still just 1 person."

Marcus replies: "That is true but I'm taking a pony from over here back with me to protect it from the mass spreading corrupt to the ponies over here."

Those at Megabase decided the best thing to do with that information was to portal Marcus and the pony into an anti-corruption decontamination chamber. The last thing any of them heard that came from Eqauestria is "We can't go after any other pony on this side of that portal until we drag that one back force into the ranks as otherwise the prophecy: "The last pony rather earth, unicorn, or pegasus will displace your plans of conquest as if you never began them in the first place as he or she will be out of your range of influence until it is too late to do anything about it." by that pony that was just kidnapped."

As Marcus and the pony ended up in the designated chamber, the portal closes and Marcus decided on what to call the pony.

Marcus states, "I shall call the pony I took Miracle since it was a miracle I was there at all in time to save it."

[b[Years later[/b]

In the Williams's house, living room to be preside, Marcus watches television with his parents as well as Miracle. Miracle now has a high def flat screen television for a cutie mark which she ended up getting because the first time the Williams's family let her actually watch television that she really got interested in it. As for why they let her in the house at all, she is the only 1 of their ponies that cleans up after herself and is housebroken.

Miracle is also the hardest working pony on their farm which already had the hardest working ponies on the planet. But what really surprised the Williams's family is she is growing slower than the other ponies on the farm that the family suspects that it will be about 11-14 years before she is at her full size.

21. - Top - End - #21

Artist Training Grounds Playgrounder Edition redux!
    (or
    "How can someone I've never seen be so photogenic?!")

FILLIES! AND! GENTLECOLTS!
    I come here to give you the greatest1 Shipper in ALL of EQUESTRIA~!

Spoiler
    Show

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL LIXIE!

full size below
    Spoiler
    Show

I am damn proud of this one.
    And thanks, guys, for all the shenanigans. This would have been a boring round to draw without them. I am still waiting for something Orbital Friendship Cannon related

Must work now. Will catch up in a spell, promise ~_^

1: your mileage may vary

Brilliance! (Though is that my hat on Trixie's rear...?)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I was serious about my reasons for not wanting to be shipped. I'm not going to gripe too much this time, but please ask next time, and actually listen to what I say.

Now that that's out of the way, The thread is dead, long live the thread! And I'm still waiting on Hub to reair episode 3... What was the title on that one?

23. - Top - End - #23

I was serious about my reasons for not wanting to be shipped. I'm not going to gripe too much this time, but please ask next time, and actually listen to what I say.

Now that that's out of the way, The thread is dead, long live the thread! And I'm still waiting on Hub to reair episode 3... What was the title on that one?
    The Ticket Master

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    The Ticket Master
    Odd... It says that's episode number 4 on my TV...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Woooooo, first page.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Both images are funny. Fuuuuuuny.

The act seven twist! Of course!

I await this with eagerly anticipated eagerness.
    Workin' on it, workin' on it. Glad to hear that I've still got an audience!

I suddenly get the niggling feeling I'm forgetting something.

*Cut to Shimmer, tied up in a basement*

Nahhhh.
    Soooo meaaaaan, Thanqy. That only works on little sisters.

each time you say that
    celestia makes luna
    break down into tears
    when Rainbow kisses
    your detective Rarity
    Scootaloo breaks down

IMPLAUSIBLY HAMMY!
    CRYPTICALLY HAMMY! INDEED!

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    *Clicks stopwatch* Nine days and five hours. We beat the last thread by almost four days.
    PhoeBondage can do anything.

After reading the fic, it appears to be a ship of that horse in your avy. But you're right, and shipping people without their permission is a great way to get the thread closed, guys.

freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Welp. Just binged on all of Misted Stage. A few days after busting through FFF and Beyond Forever. To any writers in the room, please read the following:

Spoiler
    Show
    I know I'm more of a lurker, I don't post too much, and I haven't really hurt anyone through this, but I just feel that I have to say something:

I'm sorry.

See, if you had come up to me a few months ago, and told me that you had a fanfic you wanted me to proofread, a bit of me would be throwing up inside. I don't know where I picked it up, and I'm ashamed of it now, but I hated fanfiction. I mean, shoot, I've never even read bad fanfiction before. I guess the hatred just osmosis-ized from the internet somewhere. But reading your stories made me realize that I can't overlook work like this just because of the source material or medium. Heck, I'm a game designer (in training), I should be on your side to begin with! We get a bad rap just because we make games and not books or movies. So who am I to look down on someone just because their medium/genre/whatever turns out occasionally disturbing work?

The point is, I've not been giving you guys the chance you deserve, and I feel rotten about it. That, and this is probably fueled by late-night over-thought melodrama, so I'm going to purposefully cut this short before I cross some invisible line of forum etiquette.

tl dr; NEVER. STOP. WRITING. You've turned a hater into a writer on skill alone.

And to anyone else, the Inspiration Train took a stop in "Smacking Me Upside the Headville", and I think I have an idea for a fanfic I'd like to write. Would have posted the summary sooner, only I realized I didn't quite like how the plot flowed as I was writing it, and decided it needed a bit more time to percolate.

Le Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The story follows Luna directly after she returns. She struggles with rumors regarding her banishment, but finds comfort in finally being able to return to making the night again. After a while, though, she feels the same feelings of jealousy rising up in her. Although she regrets what she tried to do, she can't help but be sore that nopony will notice the beautiful nights she's making. It comes to a head one night where, distracted by her thoughts, she messes up several major constellations.

And no one notices.

Despondent, she tries to stop caring about her job. After all, if she puts less effort and heart into it, maybe she won't be as jealous. After a while, she can't stand not doing what she loves, but can't do it anymore because she knows her jealousy will return. She goes to talk to Celestia about it the day before the Summer Sun Festival. However, she learns that her older sister has been watching her raise the moon every night, and really enjoys it. She didn't notice the stars out of place because, quite frankly, she wasn't very good at making night herself during the banishment. Furthermore, she reveals that in the time Luna's been gone, she's changed the Summer Sun Festival to include an all-night party, so when her sister came back, she would always have a night where everypony could see her work. Luna goes to raise the moon, encouraged, and determined to show everypony the "Best Night Ever."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And to anyone else, the Inspiration Train took a stop in "Smacking Me Upside the Headville", and I think I have an idea for a fanfic I'd like to write. Would have posted the summary sooner, only I realized I didn't quite like how the plot flowed as I was writing it, and decided it needed a bit more time to percolate.

Le Summary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The story follows Luna directly after she returns. She struggles with rumors regarding her banishment, but finds comfort in finally being able to return to making the night again. After a while, though, she feels the same feelings of jealousy rising up in her. Although she regrets what she tried to do, she can't help but be sore that nopony will notice the beautiful nights she's making. It comes to a head one night where, distracted by her thoughts, she messes up several major constellations.

And no one notices.

Despondent, she tries to stop caring about her job. After all, if she puts less effort and heart into it, maybe she won't be as jealous. After a while, she can't stand not doing what she loves, but can't do it anymore because she knows her jealousy will return. She goes to talk to Celestia about it the day before the Summer Sun Festival. However, she learns that her older sister has been watching her raise the moon every night, and really enjoys it. She didn't notice the stars out of place because, quite frankly, she wasn't very good at making night herself during the banishment. Furthermore, she reveals that in the time Luna's been gone, she's changed the Summer Sun Festival to include an all-night party, so when her sister came back, she would always have a night where everypony could see her work. Luna goes to raise the moon, encouraged, and determined to show everypony the "Best Night Ever."

Go for it. It sounds interesting enough, very episode-ish if that's the word for it. (and more normal Luna/Celestia love is always good. Gotta take a break from all those Trollestia fics.)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I don't buy it. That's like saying Szark (who is gay) is gay. There's no evidence.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

30. - Top - End - #30

Workin' on it, workin' on it. Glad to hear that I've still got an audience!
    Only for as long as you continue to win. (Also, the act seven twist was totally cribbed from Study in Rainbows).

Soooo meaaaaan, Thanqy. That only works on little sisters.
    Gasp! Phoe is my sister?

when Rainbow kisses
    your detective Rarity
    Scootaloo breaks down
    When dresses are white as Winter snow,
    And joyous songs are in the air
    Scootaloo's tears do freely flow,
    "I always cry at weddings, I fear,"

The sun is high, the skies are clear
    Yet it was o'ercast ten seconds past
    Her eyes hold no hesitation and no fear,
    Rarity's Rainbow, here at last.

All of their differences are in the past
    Braeburn? He never had a chance
    Rainbow's heart has fallen far, and fast
    Other fillies receive not a glance.

Hark at last, for here she comes, gleaming, shining down the aisle.
    As good as dreams dream to be; for Rainbow Dash dresses in style!

CRYPTICALLY HAMMY! INDEED!
    MYSTIFYINGLY HAMMY!